[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: gta4.jpg (207 KB, 800x450)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
GTA IV was removed from Steam. Seems like it's never coming back.
>>
>>492547482
>digicucks
>>
>>492547482
>Refusing to improve the shitty PC version
>Refusing to port it to new gen
I know people are gonna say this game was trash but this is fucking stupid. I don't understand rockstar hatred for this game when I beem waiting for it to come to PC so I can relive nostalgia from playing it on the PS3.
>>
GTA4 is the worst GTA game, the only people that like it were edgy teenagers when it released and now hold absurd nostalgia for this trash-heap of a 'game'
>>
>>492547826
*come to PS4
>>
>>492547482
Good. It was a rape simulator.
>>
>GTA IV has not been removed from Bittorrent. Seems like it's never going away.
You know this is only good? When a game becomes abandonware you can legally redistribute it pre-cracked, with GFWL removed - and a bunch of optional improvement mods with a built in hidden options menu by default, and theres nothing rockstar can do about it, provided you don't include the copyrighted soundtrack (and a readme on how to install audio in its place) and they continue to not sell the game.
Well that depends, are they still selling it on social club, or on store shelves?
>>
>>492548567
>Bittorrent

Welcome to the botnet. Also enjoy your bitminer.
>>
>>492548567
>Not using qbittorrent
oh no no no
>>
>>492549320
>runs proprietary code to play videogames
>uses non-free javascript and google captca
bittorrent is a protocol you can access with any foss torrent client.
fuck are you on about nigger
>>
>>492547482
Why would you want it back? It was a shitty port and Rockstar never cared for it.
>>
Is it really not on rockstar store either? Weird because I played through lost and the damned 5 months ago and the game ran fine.
>>
>>492547826
the code is probably such a clusterfuck that it would be easier just to make the game from scratch
>>
"Grand Theft Auto 4 was originally created for the Games For Windows Live platform. With Microsoft no longer supporting Games For Windows Live, it is no longer possible to generate the additional keys needed to continue selling the current version of the game," a Rockstar rep said. "We are looking at other options for distributing GTA4 for PC and will share more information as soon as we can."
>>
>>492549732
So they're going to re-release it on their shitty launcher?
>>
>>492549448
are you retarded?
bittorrent is the protocol
qbittorrent is a client
i dont say a thing is available on qbittorent or utorrent, because that is not the name of the protocol
when im talking about an IRC channel, do i say join my pidgin chat? no, i say IRC because IRC is the protocol, communication medium that keeps everything connected.
thats why when you get a torrent on piratebay or 1337 or a private tracker you are not getting the data from that site, you are simply getting the magnet link for the data on the peer-to-peer bittorrent network
can you please just fucking off yourself brainlet?
>dude just get this game on transmission huhuhuhuh
>dude im gonna download an image from the firefox
>dude, i just played a game of GZdoom
>dude, lets have a call on apple iphone
not everyone uses the same thing to connect to a network dummy
>>
File: 1579008424193.jpg (11 KB, 284x284)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>there are STILL people who think piracy is immoral
>>
>>492549320
>paypig intelligence
>>
>>492549527
bittorrent is the name for both a client & a protocol, so i can understand the confusion
>>
>>492547482
Why would you want to get it on steam, then have to download the original music files that were removed when you can just download a version that retains the original music to begin with?
>>
the only games i actually pay money for nowadays are obscure japanese h games
>>
>>492550248
when is a game ever available on a client?
unless a client exists with its own torrent search engine, i dont see how my statement can be confusing in any way.
I think you just had a brain fart, which is fair enough we're all human.
>>
>>492550336
>[spoi|er]obscure japanese h games[/spoi|er]
what does the "h" stand for?
>>
>>492550302
why would I get it for consoles you fuckin retard
the only version that works for pc is the steam version
stupid ass faggot pirate bitch nigger
>>
>>492550302
because the developers didn't intend for that music to be in the game upon release, supporting publisher interference is disgraceful
>>
>>492550697
nonono the confusion is that he is talking about bittorrent the client & you're talking about bittorrent the protocol
>>
>>492550874
you can buy it on the rockstar social club javascript applet. stop breaking the law.
>>492550934
in doing so you have confused the rest of us who knew what he was talking about already
>>
>>492550874
I'm talking about pirating you fucking retard. Fuck Rockstar and fuck the music industry.
>>
File: 1579010173719.png (244 KB, 476x604)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
>>492551319
what in the absolute fuck does the music industry have to do with videogames?
>>
>>492547898
GTA V is even worse because of online
>>
>>492552010
just turn off your modem
>>
>>492550805
hentai
>>
>>492551893
Rockstar paid money to put music into the game for a limited time. The limit was reached. They updated and removed various songs from the game. It's happened with each GTA game sans V.
>>
>>492551893
GTA IV got a patch that removed a bunch of music after Rockstars license ran out.
>>
>>492547482
I don't care, the game sucked.
>>
>>492547482
Removed how? The store page is still there, unlike Alice: Madness Returns.
Is it just not buyable?
>>
>>492548567
>When a game becomes abandonware you can legally redistribute it
Not really? I mean, not in most countries you can't.
>>
>>492550023
>he doesn't know
Are you underage, or has it genuinely been that long?
https://www.bittorrent.com/
>>
>>492547482
who cares
>>
>>492552412
>>492552449
yeah but what has that got to do with the industry? Sounds like a rockstar problem
>>
>>492552883
do you know the difference between a protocol and a client?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.