[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



File: 1554753726023.webm (1.51 MB, 720x404)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB WEBM
>criticize Demon's souls
>fans point out the positives of the game to try and refute your point
>criticize Dark Souls
>fans point out the positives of the game to try and refute your point
>criticize Dark Souls III
>fans point out the positives of the game to try and refute your point
>criticize Bloodborne
>fans point out the positives of the game to try and refute your point
>criticize Dark Souls II
>fans throw shade at Dark Souls 3
Hmmm
>>
>>458619729
Competing for last place with Dark Souls 3, so they're at each other's throats.
>>
This. Every time I expose Shit Souls 2 as the turd it is they swarm me with "b-b-but DS3 sucks too!" posts
There's no fanbase more defensive than DS2 drones
>>
Wow dude should have dodged that
>>
Isn't it common knowledge that ds2 is the worst souls?
>>
>throw shade
niggers leave
>>
>>458619729
that never happened to me, anyway Dark Souls 2 will always be a good souls game
>>
>>458619729
Should've dodged, that attack was clearly telegraphed.
>>
Every discussion about DS2 boils down to
>X is bad/hard/annoying/dumb/I don't like it
being countered with
>Well you can do Y about it instead
leading to
>Well OBVIOUSLY I didn't have any problems with the game because I am a the greatest souls player ever, I'm just saying that hypothetically if someone wasn't as great at videogames and souls games as me then they would struggle with X so it's bad, not because I'm bad you understand.

People trying to have their cake and eat it
>>
I like Dark Souls 2, it's got a lot of issues. I really enjoy dual wielding and magic in it though. The biggest disappointment in Dark Souls 3 was that dual wield movesets from 2 weren't carried over, power stancing was gone, and the all the spells are super samey in comparison. I sunk more time into 2 simply because there was more to experiment with build wise than 3. I think I enjoyed my time with them pretty equally though.
>>
Every souls game has it merits and faults, any enjoyment of one over another is just personal preference and the entire series has been pretty good. Its been well worth the time and money commitment for anyone who enjoys ARPGs and looking for a series that is challenging but fair with real differences between the games.

that being said ds2 is shit and i hate all of you
>>
>>458620080
Yes but it's still a great game
>>
because dark souls 3 is babbies first souls game, hence why most of /v/ loves it and shits on 2
>>
>>458621014
My man. I fully agree.
>>
>>458620605
Pretty much. DaS2 is based for shitting on all the exploits that DaS1 lets you get away with and forcing you to actually fight shit.
>>
>>458620605
You're pretending like there hasn’t been countless debates about the graphics, texture work, world design, animations, sound design, level design, and the bosses. All of which are sub-par, by the way.
>>
Git gud. Even my grandmother could dodge roll out of that.
>>
>>458619930
The entire Fromsoftware fanbase is fucking garbage tbqhwyf. Of course not everyone is a fucking dope, but every one of their games since Demon's Souls has had garbage fans all with the same kind of characteristics from game to game which encapsulates the "Fromdrone" mentality.
>>
>>458621141
Both Dark Souls 2 and 3 are babbies' first.
>>
DS2 is objectively sub-par to all other games in every regard except content. It's fucking mediocre, just deal with it.
>>
>>458620605
>>458621219
That's literally every Souls game discussion.

>>458621242
Every Souls game has shit graphics and unfinished areas.
>>
>>458619729
positives: dual wield mechanics was very nice in the dark Souls 2, thats all thank you.
>>
>>458619729
>>458619887
You know the best part?
Everyone likes all of them. Yeah, you heard me. Everyone's dumped hundreds of hours into each game, yet defensively and autistically shitposts their least favorite of the bunch.

Bunch of fucking autists.
>>
Dark 2 had a ton of issues but had “soul” if you want to go down that road. Never finished 3 but it felt like a better game technically but the whole world and everything in it felt so fucking bland. I do remember wanting to be done with Dark 2 several hours before the ending
>>
>>458621304
I unironically wish all discussion threads based on comparing one FROM game to another were banned. They contribute nothing.
>>
>>458621326
>except content

Anon, I...
>>
File: shitsouls2_55.jpg (3.25 MB, 4840x9038)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB JPG
>>458621343
>>
>>458619729
>getting so asspained about DaS2's existence that you can't stop making threads shitting on it
Hmmm
>>
Almost impressive that no one even mentioned Sekiro yet. Perhaps there is hope after all.
>>
>>458621419
>Dark 2 had a ton of issues but had “soul” if you want to go down that road.

N. It's lacking on 'soul' but has the mot solid and well balanced core gameplay in the series.
>>
>>458621515

>that ds2 pic
Don't give up, skeleton! Isn't that room supposed to be crammed full of enemies, though?
>>
>>458621515
>people complain about the blighttown tier performance
>downgrade visuals so the sequel can reach 60fps
>people complain about bad visuals
>>
>>458621343
Dark Souls 2 has it the worst. The lighting and textures are objectively inferior to the games that came before it.
The levels themselves are built around being able to teleport to each bonfire, and the world design is wildly inconsistent with itself (areas not being where they should be)
>>
>>458621726
They downgraded it on pc too
>>
>>458621415
No. I played through DS2 once.
>>
File: shitsouls2_19.jpg (425 KB, 1600x842)
425 KB
425 KB JPG
>>458621726
It looks even worse than Demon's Souls. Fromdrones will defend this
>>
>critcize any game
>shills defend everything of the game and people over 12 years old accept reasonable complains (like shit hitbox on guardian dog)
>>
File: 1552790244582.gif (2.99 MB, 720x404)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB GIF
>>458621415
I fucking hate DS2 yet for some reason I own three copies of it for different platforms and have 220 hours on steam.
I feel like a fat guy who hates himself yet can't stop eating three packets of chips every day. I need help.
>>
>>458621415
>if you finish it you liked it
>if you didn't finish you can't say its shit
>>
>>458621868
the new lightning engine with its darkness gimmick was supposed to hide that. such a shame the game looks so hideous.
>>
File: 20190227151044_1.jpg (433 KB, 1920x1080)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
>>458621868
At least DaSII bothered to put ground under the trees
>>
>>458622385
NONOOOOOOOOOOO ANON REDDIT SOULS 3 IS PERFECT REEEEEEEE
>>
File: Dark_souls_2_8.jpg (160 KB, 1280x720)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>458622256
It wasn't just the lighting that was downgraded.
>>
>>458619729
They're all great games.
>>
>>458619729
It's because Dark Souls II is utter shit
>>
>>458622385
>b-b-b-but DS3!!

kek
good job proving OP right
>>
>>458622527
sure. and if they hadnt downgraded it the game would had been bb tier 25fps. not that I would had minded.
>>
>>458619930
>game mechanic doesn't bother me
>you hate it, give reason why
>somehow think that will make it bother me

Yeah whatever fag.
>>
>>458622768
You can't criticize DS2 for things that DS3 did worse and be taken seriously, especially since it came AFTER.
>>
>>458622768
I don't even know what OP's point is, games in the same series are compared all the time
>>
>>458619729
>fans point out the positives of the game to try and refute your point
Circlejerking about what you liked about the game before saying "git gud" or "i liked it" isn't trying to refute a point but nice try.
>>
>>458619729
>Dark Souls III
>positives
pick one and only one
*I don't like DS2 either but 3 is so much worse
>>
File: 39277.jpg (563 KB, 1920x1080)
563 KB
563 KB JPG
>>458622385
NOOOOO!
STOP MAKING FUN OF DARK SOULS 3 IT'S THE BEST IN THE SERIES BECAUSE IT'S ALSO THE LAST ONE!
>>
>>458623047
at least 3 attacks don't feel like paper weapons and enemies
>>
Malformed Skull in pvp was fun tho
>>
>>458623047
>best bosses in the series
>best individual level design
>best dialogues
>best soundtracks
>best npcs
>best movesets
>best waifus
Unironically kys yourself
>>
>>458622829
It was 25fps at original release. Looked and ran even worse than Demon's
>>
>>458619729
Because Dark Souls 2 is complete shit and even the people who claim to like it know that.
>>
File: 20180115161002_1.jpg (268 KB, 2715x1527)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>458623164
NOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO ZOOM IN THERE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 1543338596966.jpg (95 KB, 1105x1092)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
The strong points of DaS2 are well known. It's the build variety (and thus replayability), power stancing and PVP. It doesn't excuse the shit world design and a bunch of other problems, but they are discussed and brought up.

What boggles my mind is how anyone can hate or consider any of the Souls games shit (or Bloodborne/Sekiro) when the next best thing is absolute trash like Lords of the Fallen and Nioh.
>>
>>458619729
>criticize Bloodborne
>fans screech about console exclusivity and NEVER EVER
FTFY
>>
>>458623493
>3 better than 2
yike
>>
>>458623493
but Nioh is better than Soulsborn games.
>>
>>458623525

It was an example image you cocksucker.
>>
>>458623349
>>best bosses in the series
Arguable.
>>best individual level design
That's taken by DeS and BB.
>>best dialogues
DaS1 and DeS.
>>best soundtracks
BB by a country mile.
>>best npcs
DaS1 and DeS
>>best movesets
Weapon moveset variety? That's BB and DaS2.
>>best waifus
Debatable.
>>
File: shitsouls2_3.png (2.62 MB, 1920x1080)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB PNG
>>458623491
Meanwhile in Shit Souls 2... you don't even need to zoom to see the ass jpeg backgrounds
>>
Dark Souls 2 is a fantastic character builder. The weapons, armors, and spells are all absolutely great, so it was pretty great if you were into PvP.

It's just a shame that 95% of the environments and enemy designs were garbage.
>>
>>458621242
>countless debates about the graphics, texture work, world design, animations, sound design, level design, and the bosses
Yes there have and those always boil down to

>ignore lost Izalith
>ignore Tomb of the Giants
>ignore the fact that you can facetank every boss in the game with havels + BKGS
>ignore every ambush in the series
>ignore everything that doesn't support my argument

Last one applies to every game, it's faggotry at it's finest.
>well I am a TRUE souls fan I only like the GOOD souls games like DS1 and DS3
>well I am a TRUE REAL souls fan, I only like the best souls game SCHOLAR
etc. followed by all the possible bugs in the game that they have an axe to grind against.
>>
>>458619729
>criticize Bloodborne
>fans point out the positives of the game to try and refute your point

Imp fucking lying
The only counterargument that I see is NEVER EVER PCKEKS
>>
>>458623381
on ps360? I played on pc and it was pretty optimized.
>>
>>458623818
>B-b-but das2
>>
>>458623876
Yes, I said original release because PC came later
>>
>>458623349

>>458623734
this, but unironically
>>
>>458623734
>best npcs
Bradley of the old Guard
Bashful Ray
Forlorn

I honestly do wish the other games had more "random" NPC, once the servers go down DS2 will literally be the only one that even comes close to trying to capture the spirit of summon signs.
>>
File: ds2 summon.webm (2.1 MB, 840x472)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB WEBM
>>
>>458623493
Nioh is really great. It doesn't match Souls in exploration or pacing, but it has much more replayability and the combat is more involved, if it is a bit more forgiving as well.
Lords of the Fallen is Weighty Souls. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking making everything move through molasses. The Surge was pretty neat despite having the same problem, though. Probably because Lords of the Fallen was generic WoW-tier fantasy.
>>
>>458624117
Noice. Now post one of Felicia navigating Shrine of Amana. :)
>>
>>458624032
Every Maldron encounter was pure kino
Tanimura>Shitzaki
>>
>>458624150

LftF and The Surge have a lot more problems than just being slower. The world, level design and encounters are all miles under any Souls game.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLQ_82Lnz4U
>>
File: maldron.jpg (83 KB, 533x604)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>458624032
Bashful Ray is my wife.
>>458624342
Also this.
>>
>>458623975
just 1 month later though.
>>
>>458624117
>B-team is actually the true A-team
>>
File: 1552583261175.jpg (88 KB, 535x566)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
i dont like das2
>>
>>458619729
Because DS2 fans started and ended the series with it. Most of them didn't play DS3 all the way through or at all. They see it as a "threat" since it supplamted DS2's playerbase after the B-team killed it with SOTFS. They're secondaries basically.
>>
>>458623734
>That's BB and DaS2
Nope, DS3 objectively has more unique moves than DS2. You think that's not the case because in spite of dickriding powerstancing you never actually experimented with it enough to realize that the number of unique powerstances outside DLC can nearly be counted on one hand. Did you know that the total number of unique powerstances across the base game and three DLCs is almost exactly the same as the number of unique dual weapon movesets across DS3 and its two DLCs? Probably not because all the useful powerstances got nerfed to shit and like the rest of you DS2 dickriders you never experimented with the mechanic beyond using whatever memeta build was hot shit around the time you played like Helixodon or lmao 2whip
>>
>>458624448
>das2 haters are trannies
yikes
>>
>>458620701
2 was definitly the peak for build/weapon variety, I’m still sad that twin blades were cut
>>
>>458624353
Well it is a western game.
>>
>Criticize Dark Souls 2
you mean
>spew ad hominem like a child

Pick any Dark Souls thread ever made and the majority of anti-DaS2 posts are either personal attacks, the same five year old cherrypicked webms, or screenshots of bad textures.
2 isn't anywhere near my favorite FROM game, but the people who ignore all the great things it did while holding a microscope up to the superficial shit every game in series is guilty of astounds me.
>>
>criticize any souls game
>git gud
>>
>>458623734
I would agree with this 100% except give him that DaS3 does have the best bosses. There's a decent variety of them, and most of them are above average in quality.
>>
File: Stop talking.gif (664 KB, 427x240)
664 KB
664 KB GIF
Dark Souls 2 may have been QUALITY compared to DS1 and DS2 but DS2 by far had the best build variety and replay-ability of the trilogy.

DS1 only had a few builds that were actually viable and distinct from eachother.
DS3 is a literal R1 and roll spam fest with any resemblance of strategy thrown straight out the window.
DS2 has the most build variety because with the exception of a few bosses you could go through the entire game with just playing your average knight build to doing something crazy like dual wielding poison infused whips that inflict some bleed too.
PvP in DS2 was the best too because there was no guaranteed way you could beat your opponent besides outplaying them outside of hacking and ironically enough that's why most Soulshitters hated it so much. It forced them to actually fight their opponents instead of just building Giant Dad-tier cheese builds and literally just super armor and facetank everything in the game and pretend like you're doing anything other than being a faggot and shitposting in the game's online.
>>
File: 1541797899277.png (22 KB, 207x239)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>458624968

>Because DS2 fans started and ended the series with it.

Is pathetic how far you people go to rationalize the fact that people enjoy a game you don't.
>>
How does a ps3 game have a better art direction than the second and third installment in the series?
Not to mention the graphics look very soulful
>>
>>458625308
It literally does not, though.
Many weaponarts are shared and the regular attacks are just copied over from DS1.
>>
>>458626258
It literally does, though.
>>
>>458623821
Ignore giants tomb, one of the best areas in the series? Opinion discarded.

Also

>ambush
get good
>>
>>458625920
because DeS and DaS had director and artists who knew what they were doing
>>
File: 393884.png (236 KB, 537x608)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>458624117
Say what you want about DS2, the npcs were absolutely the best in the series. Both for summons and Invaders.
>>
>>458622096
/thread
>>
>>458624448
>This is what DS2 haters look like
Holy shit it explains everything.
>>
>>458625920
>art direction
>very soulful

meaningless buzzwords for when you literally have no argument
>>
>>458625358
This. This remains my top reason for why I liked DaS2 the most over every other Soulsborne game. There was a lot of replay value and a lot of janky PvP builds you could do and you could approach the game in tons of different ways.

Adaptability was dumb, but it was a small sore spot compared to the build diversity in terms of itemization choices. Also DaS2's DLC was very strong point for the game. Love the Fume Knight fight.
>>
>>458625716
DaS2 also has the worst level design, worst world design, and adp and soul memeory are trash concepts.

Still, power stancing was amazing and it did have a lot of build variety.
>>
>>458621219
Poison arrows would like to have a word with you
>>
File: opinions.jpg (102 KB, 500x628)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>create thread to hate DS2 daily
>always use the same pics and webms
>always guaranteed replies
>repeat

/v/ - Autism Support Forum
>>
>>458626825
Das2 also had trash enemy design and boss design with fucking awful hitboxes. The games negative aspects just outweigh its positives.
>>
>>458626825
>DaS2 also has the worst level design, worst world design

nah demons souls is the worst
>>
>>458623518
>>458623871
this
>>
>>458626825
>adp trash concept
based brainlet.
>>
>>458624968
Where in the fuck are you pulling this shit from?
>>
File: 1443498415030.png (127 KB, 680x574)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>>458619729
>criticize Demon's souls
> hipsters start screeching about best game in the series
> criticize Dark Souls
> nostalgiafags start screeching about "great" leveldesign and ignore half of the game levels and mechanics
> criticize Dark Souls III
> You must have really shit taste to do this
> criticize Bloodborne
> NEVER EVER!!!1 PCEKS SEETHING!!1
> criticize Dark Souls II
> fans throw shade at Dark Souls 3
Fixed
>>
File: Who da man, I AM.webm (1.53 MB, 640x360)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB WEBM
>>458619729
Masaka?! S-SPEEDO!!!
>>
>>458625451
There are plenty flaws for ds2 that makes it a bad game. Invaders have no incentive for invading, as you don't get a human effigy if you kill the host. There is no red eye orb, so enjoy farming cracked orbs. Some armor sets have to be grinded in the most annoying way possible. Clothing that granted special bonuses. Retarded prerequisites for obtaining certain + versions of rings. Extremely high amounts of kills needed for certain covenant rewards. Fragrant branches of Yore.
>>
>>458626993
>with fucking awful hitboxes
That's an issue persistent throughout all FromSoftware games, though. You say that but DaS1 was often memed for PvP fights being 2 people ninjarolling everywhere and getting teleport-backstabbed out of nowhere despite being like 8 feet away from the enemy.
>>
>>458626997
u gigglin m8. Only bad level was World 2-2
>>
File: 20180110171108_1.jpg (404 KB, 1920x1080)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
>>458622385
>"Who even looks down in our games?!"
>H. Myazaki
>>
File: 1528899482360.jpg (6 KB, 250x250)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>458627203
>stuff that adds content
>bad
>>
>>458627203

>There are plenty flaws for ds2 that makes it a bad game

Nope. With all its flaws DaS2 is still miles above the average AAA game.
>>
>>458627182
The game would be 10/10 if this happened every time
>>
>>458627203
Uhhh... Wasn't DaS3 universally regarded as the worst game to invade? Upon invading the native player almost always got 1 or 2 more automatic summons to help them. Every invasion in DaS3 was minimum an uphill 2 or 3 v 1, instead of the the awesome 1v1 duels you could always do in popular PvP spots in DaS2.
>>
>>458627256
Teleport-backstabbing was an issue with netplay, not bad hitbox. Every Souls game has some bad hitboxes, but DaS2 is by far the worst offender.
>>
>>458627479
Retards who don't invade think it's better because you don't have to grind cracked orbs
>>
if DaS2 was the same game but with Miyazaki as a director, everyone on /v/ would be praising it
>>
File: nice.jpg (390 KB, 2560x1440)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
oh shid i cant contribute too by pure chance

i was replaying dks2 yesterday and noticed trees were growing out of solid rock in the entrance to Aldia's keep
>>
>>458627607
Except for all of the valid criticisms about the game, sure.
>>
>>458627479
>Duels
>Awesome
Go fuck off to For Honor or some other garbage, you fighting game reject.
>>
Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3 are all about even in terms of quality.
Each one has its merits, and each one has glaring flaws.

I've played DaS the most, probably enjoyed 2 the most on my first play through, and 3 is the most polished.

If you want a perfect game, be a fan of a different series.
>>
>>458621219
Not really, pretty much everything, including fucking throwing knives is OP in DaS2
>>
>>458627479
DS3 is the worst to invade, sure. You drop/lose your souls if killed and get priority with gank squads, but at least you get rewards for invading and have a whole red eye orb.
>>
>>458627256
That less an issue with hitboxes and more a networking issue. Almost every enemy in Das2 has broken hitboxes with apd making the issue worse.

>>458627049
I understand how the stat works now, but it’s still a trash stat with highly misleading descriptions tied directly to a core game mechanic. It’s an awful stat that will never return for a good reason.
>>
File: tree.jpg (423 KB, 866x1360)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
>>458627712
trees do that sometimes
>>
>>458627759
>t.his first game was DS3
Yikes
>>
>>458627818
Most people don't invade for the rewards
>>
>>458627861
DaS2 haters absolutely btfo.
>>
>>458619729
>play with laggy internet
>get btfo by lag
>OH NO NO NO

lmao, you might not know but dark souls 2 had dedicated servers for GAMEPLAY and not just match making unlike dark souls 3, which means that the moment you start playing with a phantom all the enemies are connected to both players in a separate instance, you will also notice that some of your hits register late or mobs don't die when they reach 0hp and instead stand for a while

that is your lag, doesn't matter if you are the phantom or the host, your shitty wifi connection will kill you
>>
>>458627712
You're underestimating the strength of tree roots.
>>
>>458627712
Aldia's is one of the most scrapped areas in the game. The hall we were given was originally only going to be the eastern wing, and it had two floors.
>>
File: 20190120114043_1.jpg (486 KB, 1920x1080)
486 KB
486 KB JPG
>>458627712
If you take a closer look you'll also notice how half of the background in the road to Drangleic area is floating in mid-air.
Seriously, the "how many shit can I find that they got away with" meta game is way more entertaining than playing DS2 itself.
>>
>>458627861
Holy shit
That tree is a badass.
>>
>>458627861
So that's why they call it morning wood, uh.
>>
>>458627539
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-fplak7u44

Dubious claims. I'm seeing stuff regarding hitboxes for DaS3 and DaS1 easily just from googling.
>>
>oh no i can't enjoy a game because an elevator goes up to a volcano

literal pure unadulterated autism
>>
>>458627564
Personally i thought DS2 invasions system was better but i also cheated the cracked orbs in so the grind is a fair point to being stupid.
>>
>>458628087
Seriously? This is the shit that you choose to complain about and not the magical tunnel right in front of you that summons and dispels rainstorms whenever you run through it?
>>
>>458627258
It's not even that bad when you realize bearbugs are weak to thrust damage, or you can just find an alternate route. You don't have to kill any in the tunnel section to reach the end, it's a good exploration section
>>
>>458627818

>but at least you get rewards for invading and have a whole red eye orb.

Whoopty fucking doo. The only fun I had invading in DaS3 was in forest areas because it usually meant other invaders would join me and a battle royale would ensure. Everywhere else was fucking ganksquads 90% of the time, usually with the host summoning even more people after my arrival.
>>
File: beatiful.jpg (453 KB, 2560x1440)
453 KB
453 KB JPG
>>458627861

i suppose, there could be ground under the tree after all

in the end dks2's biggest issue is that everything was "perfect". most surfaces are straight up a flat texture glaringly repeated over and over


just look at this throne room. who the fuck okayed this? it's so glaringly ugly, plain, basic and yet at the same time it's PERFECT. there's no imperfections anywhere and it's jarring

>>458628087

it's very fun, an easy way is to simply walk backwards from bonfire to bonfire as the game was clearly designed to be seen from one perspective most of the time
>>
>>458628087
If Bamco and From weren't such retards and put Tanimura from the start, the game would've been much better.
Fuck them putting a literal who director on the project.
>>
daily reminder that consoles LITERALLY MURDERED dark souls 2 and its potential, the devs were working on the PC version for the first time in their life and had fun adding tons of graphics, when it came time to put it on consoles they exploded and so they had to cancel everything, fuck consoles

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-19-from-software-explains-changes-to-dark-souls-2-graphics

>It all boils down to "playable framerate", apparently. "The early builds that the screenshots came from were playable but only just so," the source said. "The game was not in a state where it could be sold at that point. I strongly suspect that they were focusing heavily on delivering a top-notch experience on PC and underestimated the challenges the new systems would pose on PS3 / Xbox360."

>"I sincerely don't think they intended to deceive, but in the end they sacrificed a huge amount of graphical fidelity at the very end of development because they couldn't resolve the framerate in any other way."
>>
>>458619729
I've long accepted the flaws of DS2 and I've been enjoying it for almost 800 hours now. Still play it in coop with a friend sometimes. I think that's more than I have in DS1 and 3 combined. I love all three games but I end up returning to DS2 more. Don't really know how to explain it, there's a certain charm to it I guess, not to mention the replay value and actual NG+, that's just the icing on the cake.
>>
>>458628302
*plays bloodborne in front of this pc fat*
>>
>>458628289
Maybe that's exactly the way Nashandra wanted it.
>>
>>458628302
They should've used a better engine then
>>
>>458628302
consoles didn't murder dark souls 2, bamco did
bamco is responsible for all the rushed shit in every single souls game
>>
File: 1554750841226.png (691 KB, 1358x1720)
691 KB
691 KB PNG
>>458628196
It's really just the shitty cherry on top of the giant DS2 turd sundae.
>>
>>458620605
das2 soulless art direction, general ugliness, uninspired level design, nonsensical world layout and lazy enemy placement will still be a realtiy regardless of anyone's MaD GaMinG sKiLLZ
>>
>>458628289
>>458628087
>>458627712


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-LgsWKWfGE

if you enjoy this kind of stuff this video is a must
>>
>>458627828
Was the hitbox thing fixed or made worse or unchanged with scholar of the sin? Because I only played that version.
>>
>>458628302
Considering that it's been the only souls game my trash PC can actually run at 60 fps (aside from DSR now) without any drops I am fine with that grafical quality.
>>
>>458624117
>bradley
>felicia
>glencour
>drummond
>MY NIGGA BASHFUL RAY
>MY ABSOLUTE NIGGA SELLWORD "THE WALL" LUET

I remember ALL OF THEM because they were such fucking bros, emoted when called and at the end of a boss, tanked like champs and could even btfo human invaders at times
>>
File: 1445696614629.png (168 KB, 748x756)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
>mfw watching subhuman Soulsfags tear each other apart
This is great.
BB = Sekiro >>>>>>> Soulstrash
>>
File: 20190414220813_1.jpg (579 KB, 1920x1080)
579 KB
579 KB JPG
>>458628223
That's one's too common knowledge.
>>
>>458621014
Nah
>>
>>458628448
the engine was given by sony, FUNNILY enough, "PhyreEngine"
>>
File: kinoborne.jpg (697 KB, 1920x1620)
697 KB
697 KB JPG
BB > DeS = DaS >>> DaS3 > LotF > DaS2
>>
>>458628574
>tfw remember Sirris from DaS3 only because of how amazingly useless she was
>>
File: 1536081740150.webm (1.09 MB, 640x342)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB WEBM
>>458628741

>LotF > DaS2

Not in a million fucking years.
>>
File: 1481512370284.gif (579 KB, 540x300)
579 KB
579 KB GIF
>>458621657
>mot solid and well balanced core gameplay in the series.
>>
File: 1515125710093.jpg (232 KB, 1920x1080)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>458627268
>>458628223
>>458628668
DaS3 may as well have been "Don't look down out behind you:The Game."
>>
>>458628806
>recently finish das3
>this bitch pledges herself to me
>aight
>summon her for armour
>she dies 30 seconds into the fight
>have to kill it by myself with extra hp

fuck you sirris I'm going to feed you to creighton next time
>>
File: das2 release.png (40 KB, 655x237)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>458626992
For half a decade, too. 3 other games have come out in the series since then, and he's still this obsessed.
He's the Barneyfag of Souls.
>>
>"Okay, I have a circle-shaped area with a prominent middle section. Now where do I put that bonfire... perfect"
>>
>>458628916
the entire profaned capital has tons of "hey walk beyond this arch but DON'T LOOK BACK PLZ" textures, it was funny to see the towers getting chopped off by walls
>>
>>458628526
>nonsensical world layout
Er.

DeS was literally random levels and DS3's plot was about how random location are teleported together because the world is ending or something, you went from a forest to a crypt to iceland by covering like 300 meters of distance .

DS1 is really the only one that actually had a world layout that made some sense.
>>
File: 1551236662430.jpg (69 KB, 632x632)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>458620117
We haven't been using that phrase since whites appropriated it back in 2016. Fuck off.
>>
>>458619729
>bloodborne fans
>tolerating criticism
At least BB fags are defending a good game, but they go full autism if you mention something you don't like
>>
>>458628741
DaS>DeS>BB>Nioh>DaS3>DaS2>Eating Shit>LotF
>>
>>458622891
>>458622896
You literally proved OP's point. You jump on ds3 since you are insecure
>>
>>458625316
>>458626779
not a tranny
>>
>>458628973

that reminds me

>heide's tower of flame
>go down below sea level
>man's wharf is exactly at sea level
>it's also night

it's like they put people at work making levels but never bothered to give them a direction?

the "time is weird in drangleic" is some cop out last time decision to tie up the nonsensical world

>>458629107

The levels of Des weren't random. each level had its own progression that made sense
>>
>>458628172
None of the stuff in 1 or 3 reaches how terrible 2 will be.

>>458628540
No idea, I only played the base edition.
>>
>>458628916
Delete this, it's not real, why would you photoshop these tings into not bad souls?
>>
>>458629121
Can you tell your people to stop listening to music that simultaneously glorifies participating in drive-bys and gang shootings while also complaining about unjustified police harassment? Thanks.
>>
>>458629178
OP doesn't have a point, complaining about comparing two games in the same series is the 4chan retard equivalent of "mansplaining"
>>
File: 20180119173030_1.jpg (221 KB, 1920x1080)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>458629035
Probably my favorite moment in DS3 was due to the kinda faulty occlusion in the Profaned Capital.
Never thought that two conveniently placed bloodstains would give me such a jumpscare.
>>
>>458628973
It would have looked bad in the center. Bonfires are asymmetrical and are meant to look naturalistic.
>>
>>458621415
>55 hours in Dark Souls 2

>160 in 3
>231 in 1
>454 in Bloodborne
>>
File: 1554541975237.png (1.24 MB, 2415x1080)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>458628463
>fantasy game
>has fantasy stuff
>brainlet is ok with Sekiros secret passage from Ashina Castle to Dilapidated Temple
>>
File: shitsouls2_8.jpg (837 KB, 1920x2160)
837 KB
837 KB JPG
>>458628962
Seething
I'll keep destroying Shit Souls 2's legacy and there's nothing you can do about it
>>
File: 1484676669575.jpg (290 KB, 1280x1080)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
>>458629178
Don't care. Get dabbed on, DS3let
>>
>>458629245
>the "time is weird in drangleic" is some cop out last time decision to tie up the nonsensical world
>it's ok when literally anything but ds2 does it
>>
>>458629035
>That horrendous LOD rendering when you're going down the ladder than causes all of the textures to twist up.
They had years to make this game, how the fuck was it rushed?
>>
>>458629413

examples?
>>
>>458629354
NOOOOOOOO MUH SHINOBI SHORTCUTS MAKE PERFECT SENSE DELETE THIS
>>
>>458628916
Can we all just admit that both 2 and 3 are shit already and call it a day?
There's more than enough evidence for both cases.
Like, there is literally no refuting it at this point and if you do, you're just delusional.
They both have flaws and things they do well for different reasons, and aside from being in the same series, are not immediately comparable.
>>
>>458629360
Nobody cares, you sperg.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/%22Shit%20Souls%202%22/
>>
>>458629354
Loading screen implies you travel a great distance. Something Dark Souls 2 could've done as well.
>>
>>458626825
Eat shit you gigantic cumshot, fotfg, lost bastille and the dlc areas are level design masterpieces, and while the world design lacks, the diversity of the levels largely makes up for it. Doors of Pharros, grave of saints, shrine of amana, dragon aerie, drangleic castle are amazing levels, and das2 has some of the most kino bosses From has made so far.
>>
>>458629360

Hilarious. Nothing you can do will reduce the enjoyment I had or will have with the game.
>>
File: shitsouls2_47.webm (2.28 MB, 1920x1080)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB WEBM
What went wrong?
>>
>>458628973
This is actually lower than nitpicking. It's such a non-point it's not even worth posting yet you did so anyway.
>>
>>458629521
firelink shrine lothric castle and normal lothric castle are literally not even in the same geographical location, firelink shrine lothric castle is in some mountainous area while normal lothric castle is right near an ocean
no one ever brings this up though
>>
>>458629521
the "time is convoluted" line is literally from ds1. the closest thing to it in 2 is the intro movie where they talk about your memory deteriorating, which is the actual explanation for strange locations
>>
>>458629701
>47
Imagine being this autistic.
>>
>>458629234
Still a feminine boy(girl) with a tiny cute micropenis representing DS2 haters everywhere.
>>
>>458629107
>DeS was literally random levels
No it wasn't.
>>
>>458629613
Lol
>>
>>458629701
miyazaki
>>
File: dw8JLTm.jpg (839 KB, 2560x1440)
839 KB
839 KB JPG
>>458629613

>drangleic castle
>amazing

oh no no no no no

bruh look at this elevator
>>
File: 1251517234396.jpg (16 KB, 406x347)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>458619729
More like

>criticize Demon's souls
>crickets chirp and one guy says it's secret best game
>criticize Dark Souls
>"FIRST GAME BEST GAME!" (because none of them played Demon's Souls)
>criticize Dark Souls II
>"LITERALLY THE WORST GAME OF ALL TIME!" with a few "TO BE FAIR YOU HAVE TO HAVE A VERY HIGH IQ TO UNDERSTAND DARK SOULS II"
>criticize Dark Souls III
>"AT LEAST IT WASN'T DARK SOULS II!"
>criticize Bloodborne
>"YOU DIDN'T PLAY IT, NEVER EVER!"
>criticize Sekiro
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>458629596
>>458629354
Wait, does Sekiro not have a contiguous world? Is it separated into chapters/stages or something?
>>
DaS2 was literally rushed because that incompetent hack Tanimura fucked everything up so Miyazaki had to step in and fix it like 3 months before release. It's literally the same situation as DMC2.
Why can't DaS2fags just accept the truth?
>>
>>458629360
Not even sure what's wrong with the image you posted.
Do you just not like the textures on the stone or something?
>>
>>458629967
What about it?
>>
File: ouh.jpg (865 KB, 2560x1440)
865 KB
865 KB JPG
>>458629967
>>
>>458630019
tanimura was the one who salvaged the game though
>>
>>458629613
Shit, I like Shrine of Amanda and he grave of saints but I can’t even remember anything noteworthy about the other stages. The poison windmill and the sinking lava fortress have awful layouts and trash bosses.

I don’t even think base Das2 has any decent bosses in it.
>>
>>458629613
Grave of Saints is quite possibly the least interesting level FROM have ever come up with, what are you smoking.
>>
>>458629701
You failed to avoid the attack
>>
File: 20190414203858_1.jpg (305 KB, 1920x1080)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
>>458629967
Friendly reminder that the entire thing actually has next to no windows because it's a video game location first and a castle second.
>>
>>458630063
Where are the windows?
>>
>>458630136
Also the castle had a really linear and boring layout to it.
>>
>>458629245
>The levels of Des weren't random. each level had its own progression that made sense
But the overall world didn't, by exactly the same logic going from
Majula-shaded woods-brightstone cove is perfectly fine, so that means the rest game is also fine right?
>>
>>458629994
It's not seperated, but there's a hidden path between that area that activates a loading screen with a door. Implying there's some hidden passage in between.
>>
>>458630194
They're on the inside of the building
>>
>>458619729
its still the best in the series in my opinion
>>
>>458619729
Aside from Bloodborne, DS2 is easily the best Souls game as far as I'm concerned. It runs well, has well balanced builds, has great options for adjusting difficulty such as the Cocenant of Champions and Bonfire Ascetics, the best PvP in a Souls game by far, a NG+ that makes substantial changes to the game rather than just increasing enemy health and damage, and loads of other stuff. I mean this post is total bullshit, since attacking the other Souls game isn't exclusive to DS2 fans at all, but I'll never pass up a chance to talk about how great DS2 is. Doesn't need defending at all, really. It's fucking great.
>>
>>458628574
The Patches and Creighton questline was godtier.
I replayed das2 recently trying to stay human as much as possible and I was amazed at the amount of work that went into the npc summons and invaders. If only Tanimura had more time...
>>
>>458630127
Salvaged is a strong word
>>
File: LOOK AT ITS PILLAR.jpg (860 KB, 2560x1440)
860 KB
860 KB JPG
>>458630116
>>
>>458630019
None of this happened the way you're saying it happened you clueless retard. Tanimura FIXED DaS2, and then did the DLC from scratch, which is still some of the best souls content we've had yet.

Miyazaki never touched DaS2, as it evident by the fact that the PvP and weapon progression actually functions well, and that there isn't a billion DaS1 pandering moments.
>>
>>458629994
it's fully connected without loads like ds1. the issue is that a door at the top of a tower, that architecturally would lead off the roof, spits you out in a forest on a cliff a mile away
>>
>>458630373
>PvP
>progression

man_throwing_a_crumpled_piece_of_paper_into_the_trashcan.jpg
>>
>>458630363
it's the correct word to use, it apparently was much worse before he came on board
>>
File: Drangleic.jpg (102 KB, 1366x768)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>458630190
>it's a video game location first and a castle second.
I see no problem with this desu.
>>
>>458621042
no it's not
>>
>>458630271
>But the overall world didn't
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>458630364
Use your words, autist. Are you complaining that the pillar is long or something?
>>
File: 1554753726023.png (1.12 MB, 1158x648)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>458630373
>there isn't a billion DaS1 pandering moments.
Nigger you can't be serious
>>
>>458630469
I very clearly said weapon progression you illiterate mong.
>>
>>458630395
It fades to black to show that you traveled for some time. I mean sure they could have put a ladder and long ass corridor there but that doesn't sound fun to go through.
>>
>>458630373
DaS2 apologists still can’t stop comparing it to DaS3.

DaS3 Chads RULE and DaS2 fags DROOL.
>>
>>458630549
He obviously never played the game, anon. Cut him some slack.
>>
File: 5f3.jpg (32 KB, 720x736)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>Ds1
Game was rushed and a lot of stuff was cut, next game we'll plan better guys!
>Ds2
Game was rushed and a lot of stuff was cut, next game we'll plan better guys!
>Ds3
Game was rushed and a lot of stuff was cut, next game we'll plan better guys!

Also OST ranking for games

Bloodborne > Dark souls 3 > Dark souls 1 > Demon souls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark souls 2(i legit cannot remember one memorable song i wish i was kidding)
>>
>>458619729
I liked DaS2 a lot for other reasons. It has by far the most variety and viability in build choice, and had my favourite online moments, specifically PvP. It isn't atmospheric in the slightest and has very few interesting environments however, but neither did Sekiro in my opinion. I consider DaS2 to be like an Arcade Souls to me
>>
>>458630735
cringe and brownpilled
>>
>>458630549
>>458630751
>A secret covenant off the beaten path that gives a new and completely unique sword and shield.
>Compared to just bringing back Solaire's armor wholesale and directly referencing him for absolutely no reason. Going so far as to literally just rip the models from DaS1.
Yeah this it totally the same thing.
>>
>>458629289
>le all hiphop is about violence maymay
>>
How do i get back my healthbar in DeS?. The asylum demon's cousing sent me to the shadow realm and havent found any pre-humanity in the boletarian palace
>>
>>458630941

find rock to eat
>>
>>458630834
I can't think of a single track in Dark Souls 2 either except for Ruin sentinels.
>>
>>458629245
Not trying to defend From, but time and space is indeed convuluted in Drangleic/Lordran/Lothric, your character has amnesia and forgets huge chunks of his journey, and we know that some area can even be frozen in time like Eleum Loyce.

Just look at Heide from Majula, the area is a lot more flooded than when you visit it. Or how NPCs you saw an hour ago behave like it's been months. Or the woods that lead to a tunnel that lead to a rainy drangleic castle. The intro cutscene literally tells you you forget stuff.
>>
>>458629107
>DeS was literally random levels
the levels had perfect internal coherency from a geographical and architectural point of view you mongoloid

das2 is full of stuff that violates several in-world laws right in your fucking face
>>
>DaS3
>good
>>
>>458630549
>DaS2 has a handful of allusions to DaS1, but has its own competent story with expanded themes.
>DaS3 is literally the Lord Souls storyline with nothing but DaS1 character rehashes, armor rips, comically sped up DaS1 animations on weapons, and paragraphs detailing all the nothing that's happened between DaS1 and DaS3, despite it being aeons later.
>>
>>458630834
i like ds2 and i agree with the ost

the only memorable song i can think of is fume knight
>>
>>458628574
The wordplay on "sellsword" was absolutely brilliant
>>
>>458630834
Demon's Souls is the best because of the shitty synth horns they use so much.
>>
>>458630928
The sunlight straightsword/Sun sword is in every Dark Souls game.
>>
>>458631237
this but completely unironically
>>
souls autists were a mistake
>>
>>458631306
But within DaS2 it's unique.
>>
>>458620080
I absolutely hated it when it was first around due to the bullshit LOL THIS ROOM WAS ALSO A GANKSQUAD LMAO THIS IS DARK SOULSXDDD SO HARDCORE. But they cut the bullshit out of the SOTFS and the DLCs, except for Bruma Tower which had the exact same bullshit as the original, were absolutely outstanding. And in the end, dark souls 2 has a metric fuckton of content, its pvp was by far the most varied one and it had its own identity and theme. The lack of a permanent red eye orb is still a major flaw.

Dark Souls 3, on the other hand, was just "'member dark souls?" from start to finish and was the definition of a tired rehash. It felt specially bad playing it right after Bloodborne because you can tell they used its leftovers everywhere. It didn't add anything, had a lot of stupid fan service and was overall uninspired. The only thing that felt great and original were the princes and that's it. You can't go 5 steps in that game without retarded mob waves coming at you and it get so old so fucking quick. Plus they put some not-bloodborne enemies all around while you still fight as your average slow ass souls guy. The game had like 2 weapons that clearly stood above all else and the only build worth a shit was the quality one. You can be in full havel's and still get stunned by a fucking rat. I bought the season pass when it first went on sale a few months ago, played ariandel a bit and it just felt like shit so I dropped it. The game is the definition of forgettable and even the invasions feel like shit because they are so in favor of the summoner with all of its handholding.
>>
File: old dragonslayer.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>458630928
>>
File: 1513033381114.png (24 KB, 466x490)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>458630993

the issue i havee with these is that instead of making some cool transitions between places the game forces you into obvious "transition corridor/elevators" to hide the obscene change of place

Because of this, time and space arent convoluted in drangleic. because if they were the transitions between places would be natural and sudden

instead "time is convoluted....we also built corridors and elevators when this phenomen happens, by the way"

The world of drangleic doesn't feel like a world, but connected levels of a game. And while every Souls game is obviously connected levels, it shouldn't be so glaringly obvious as a player
>>
>>458631159
DaS3 still has some of the best level design, but some of the worst world design.
>>
File: elite knight set.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>458630928
>Going so far as to literally just rip the models from DaS1
>>
>>458630504
Exactly what I said, the different worlds of DeS make no sense when you consider the whole game as one place.
Individual levels are fine and connect to each other fine, but there is no overall world cohesion like DS1.

I mean its fairly basic shit, hows that single digit IQ treating you?
>>
Dark Souls 2 had the best online before everything got nerfed.

Bellkeeping and the Rat covenants were some of the best PVP , The areas had a lot more variety as well with some nice vibrance not like DS3 where everything is a so dull.
>>
>>458631632
>DaS3 still has some of the best level design
Archives and... What else?
>>
Soulsfags are the most vile fags on /v/ desu.
No other fanbase constantly throws so much shit at each other.
>>
File: 1533240761398.gif (141 KB, 250x250)
141 KB
141 KB GIF
>>458631573
>Literally "It's too gamey" complaint
Are you a game journo by any chance?
>>
>>458631779
>No other fanbase constantly throws so much shit at each other.
First day on /v/?
>>
DS2 has good gameplay, but the level design is beyond poor. It's not wrong to say that many levels are so ugly you just feel like an untalented modder patched them. Big box-like rooms with the same texture repeating endlessly. DS3 has badly tried to copy BB and fucked up majorly in the process. The levels are prettier, but not BB-tier and the combat balance is fucking out of whack with faster weapons just being the easier choice through and through. I quit when I realized some bosses will never give you an opening long enough for just a single fucking great sword attack.
>>
File: 1532017193993.jpg (11 KB, 236x226)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>458631806

u right, next time dont bother to create a world just create a single bonfire that links to numbered levels sorted by suggested SL
>>
>>458619729
>criticize Demon's souls
>fans point out the positives of the game to try and refute your point
>criticize Dark Souls
>fans point out the positives of the game to try and refute your point
>criticize Dark Souls III
>fans point out the positives of the game to try and refute your point
>criticize Bloodborne
>fans point out the positives of the game to try and refute your point
>criticize Dark Souls II
>fans point out the positives of the game to try and refute your point
ftfy
>>
>>458630143
Shit my bad, I meant Undead Crypt, the area with Agdayne. The whole torch/invader thing they added in sotfs was amazing, and there's a shitton of lore between Agdayne, the area, Yuria and the sable church.

>>458630136
Pursuer, Freja, Lost sinner, motherfucking Mirror Knight, Chariot, Velstadt, motherfucking Darklurker????, Frog of Songs are gos tier bosses, and the dlc give us Sinh, Alonne, Fume, Ivory, das2 obliterates 1 in term of bosses.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>458630928
>fucking ds3, why couldn't it be more unique. like based ds2 with its totally original characters that are totally distinct from the previous games
>>
>>458631573
And all of it could've been evaded if they did some shit like having fog corridors between the areas.
The fog in the DaS games barely has any lore or plot relevance, anyway, so you might as well put something like a less elaborate version of the path from DaS1's Firelink Shrine to the Kiln between the areas and say that the fog is fucking with time and space.
Have the NPCs comment on it and voila, problem solved.
>>
>>458631573
>the issue i havee with these is that instead of making some cool transitions between places the game forces you into obvious "transition corridor/elevators" to hide the obscene change of place
You mean like walking out of a crypt into Snowland then looking behind you and seeing said crypt FROZEN OVER which magically unfreezes when you go there again?
>>
>>458631714
Elite Armor in DaS2 is different though. It's very clearly more rusted and worn down, and it also has cloth physics. In DaS3 it's literally the DaS1 armor with a different cubemap for the reflections and has no cloth physics.

>>458631989
>1 character is similar.
>Compared to having literal Seigmeyerward HMMMing again, using the same weapons and armor.
>>
File: 39884.png (528 KB, 395x728)
528 KB
528 KB PNG
>>458631989
Every game has this character. Even DeS
Literally what is the point of your post whatsoever?
At least DS2 had Creighton and Pate instead of rehashing Patches again.

Oh, what's that? DaS3 copied that from DaS2?
What a shocker.
>>
>refutes your point
surely you jest
>>
>>458630993
>...your character has amnesia and forgets huge chunks of his journey

Did DS2 devs not understand hollowing? People didn’t get “amnesia” in DS1 and hollowing was all about being Undead, miserable and hopeless.

This, the huge NPC downgrade, the annoying blatancy of the firekeepers at the start, all feel so lifeless and uninspired. Venderick and Aldia are neat but feel so seperated from the rest of the game, moreso as being DLC.
>>
>>458631989
>Number of original characters in DeS
Quite a few seeing as it was the first in the series
>Number of original characters in DaS 1
Quite a few yet again, despite some DeS references
>Number of original characters in DaS 2
A metric fuckload with a few returning ones
>Number of original characters in DaS 3
Like, 2 I think, if you stretch it REALLY far, I mean sure this is due to the fact that it's the third game in the series so the archetypes have already been made but there really wasn't a reason why literally every other character/boss/enemy is a reference to something that came before.

DS3's DLCs were fine though since they were mostly about DS3's story rather than just callbacks to old plots and characters
>>
>>458621415
2 is the only one I didn't go back to at some point. There is no part of 2 I want to experience again.
>>
File: 028844.jpg (338 KB, 1920x1080)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
Gilligan, a unique and original character from DaS2 referenced in DaS3
>>
>>458631747
Irithyll and it’s dungeon, the undead settlement, the cathedral of the deep and everything around it. Haven’t played he game since release but I still remember all of those areas being solid.
>>
>>458632338
I think you are the one not understanding hollowing in ds1. It was always that people lost more and more of themselves till they turned into mindless zombies.
>>
>>458619729
Worst use of green text. 2/10 made me sage. See me after class.
>>
File: 8884941982.png (2.87 MB, 1524x923)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB PNG
>>458632262
>See based Creighton.
>Fuckyes.png
>Get his armor.
>Become emotionally drained when I see what they did to it.
>>
>>458620117
throwing shade was a gay phrase, but now the straights got a hold of it.
>>
>>458632338
>Did DS2 devs not understand hollowing?
Neither did the devs of DS1 or 3.

In 1 you and everyone around you are explicitly undead but they will all die if you just kill them once, hollowing sometimes happens when you die, sometimes happens when you just lose motivation but wait just sitting in a cell rotting in new londo ruins is perfectly a-ok.

DS2's hollowing is by far the most internally consistent, and by far the least consistent with other games.
>>
I loved DeS and DaS 1 never played 2 or 3. Memes aside, is it worth it? Are they still good games that just aren't as good as the previous installements, or are they actually bad?
>>
>>458631573
I totally agree but member the first director got fired and Tanimura was left with a few months to stitch averything together. The first guy wanted to make an open world so huge chunks of the game were removed.Some transitions are indeed painful like the volcano elevator one, and the game was visually downgraded into oblivion thanks to consoles, but the idea of your character forgetting parts of his journey was thought from the beginning.
>>
File: 1513208767931.png (134 KB, 480x377)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
> they added some characters and 15 minute location from first game
> LITERALLY REHASH I CAN'T PLAY THIS
Imagine beeing this stupid
>>
File: 1551336059304.jpg (65 KB, 865x900)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>458631573
i actually kinda agree. it would be cool to have some better transitions than *fog gate* or *elevator* but ill be honest i wouldnt know a way to make the map flow naturally at the same time.

i always liked the des stage select approach a bit more than the "open" exploration of das onwards, though.
>>
What happened to Onlyafro?

The Dark Souls memes ended
>>
>>458632651
They're bad and only got made because Bamco wanted 3 games. Play BB instead
>>
>>458632497
That one was honestly my favorite reference in the entire game since it kinda made sense for him to be here with all the riches around and the tower having a suspiciously large amount of ladders was a nice little build up.
>>
>>458621415
Wrong. I do not consider DaS 2 even as an average quality videogame. I consider it worse than even most shitty Souls clones
>>
>>458632651
DS2 is a huge game, easily twice the size of anything else in the series, its normal price is 40 and it goes down to 20 in most sales, worth it then.
3 still has it's release price so unless you wait for a sale then I would say shelling out 90 dollars for the full game + 2 DLCs is not really worth it wait for a sale.
>>
>>458631747
Undead settlement, lothric castle, fucking archdragon peak, cotd are the best areas From has made so far.
>>
>>458632807
Delusional.
Even with all the things wrong with it it's still a fantastic rpg.
>>
File: 1551007084171.jpg (42 KB, 640x480)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>458632752
>onlyafro
>>
>>458632497
>you're in charge of profaned capital level design
>you try your best but you have no idea what you're doing
>ladders everywhere holy shit how the fuck do you make a level
>miyazaki chews you out
>calls you a fucking retard
>suddenly, a stroke of genius strikes you
>yeah bro this is just a reference to das2 I was just about to add gilligan's corpse bro
>promoted for your hard work
feels good
>>
>>458632202
>>458632262
Having original charecters doesn’t negate the terrible design and mechanics of das2.
>>
>>458632594
At least the weapon art on his axe is god tier
>>
>>458633080
Terrible desing like
>actual poise systems
>respeccing
>NG+ for specific areas
>powerstancing
Truly what a disaster.
>>
>>458629354
This shit disappointed me in Sekiro, yeah.
Dark Souls 2 still sucks ass though
>>
>>458631954
Worked for Demon's Souls.
>>
>>458619729
in the order of which i played the games

das 2
das 3
das1 remastered
sekiro

no bloodborne bc ps4
>>
>>458632632
Das2 is more a sequel to AotA than it is to DaS, especially lore wise.
>>
File: 76868.gif (2.88 MB, 600x338)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB GIF
>>458633080
>terrible design
Yeah, okay, the world design is pretty fucked
>terrible mechanics
pic related
>>
File: Seek seek lest.png (578 KB, 800x400)
578 KB
578 KB PNG
DSII is the Temple of Doom of the franchise, it is the most fun to play with your friends since it's pretty much 100% coopable, the shitty world becomes charming and feels like a video game that only wants to be video game (you can just play it and go from the start without too much fluff/story/handholding), power-stancing was the most fun combat and added a huge amount of possibilities as far as builds, whips, and best hub.
Also it'll be remember like New Vegas and there's nothing you can do.
>>
>>458633176
>>458633487
>neglecting ADP and the genuinely awful hitboxes of every enemy
>neglecting the fact that the base game bosses are all awful
>>
>>458633679
Emerald Herald is the cutest souls girl.
>>
>>458633679
more like the Hellraiser Revelations
>>
>>458629107
>DES is just random levels
I swear DS2 fanboys always make it so obvious that they started with 2.
>>
>>458633862
>ADP
>Bad desing
>boooo hooo why can't I just press roll to avoid all damage always with no penalty.

You are the reason roll why roll souls 3 was so fucking bad and boring to play
>>
>>458633935
Yuria and firefu are pretty high too.
>>
>>458621415
I have played DaS2 twice and hated them vehemently both times. The first playthrough was obviously a first playthrough and I was having no fun for all of it but pushed myself through to just see if it ever got better which it didn't. The second playthrough was a year or two later to see how I still felt about it. I still hated it a whole lot but not as much as I hated it. It's still the worst Souls games by a significant margin.


Weapons dealt incredibly shit damage even if you were built for them and had them at +15 and I simply don't understand why (Even speedrunners have to buff their shit to ridiculous levels, eat a Brightbug, run RTSR, and enchant their weapon just to fight any boss at a decent speed), there's not a single good NPC that you encounter (Outside of the Emerald Herald), all the areas looked like shit and felt like shit to traverse, the only decent boss was Sir Alonne and I guess Fume Knight, and it was such a step down from both DeS and DaS that I was convinced it was a practical joke. I still can't believe the DLCis talked about highly either, Shulva is just a bunch of gimmicks the whole way through with annoying enemy placements and a horrible boss followed by an okay one at best. Brume Tower and its surroundings are one of the worst areas in the series thanks to a shit ton of narrow walkways, enemy arenas where you fight a bunch of mooks and a giant damage sponge at the same time, cursed pots everywhere, Maldron being a dipshit and a nightmare to kill, having to run around with those iron stakes to find stuff, the entire hallway and Smelter Demon recolor fight, and pretty much any area with ash on the ground because it means you're going to have 3+ guys spawn in front of you and behind you when you pass some arbitrary checkpoint. Then you get to Eleum Loyce and it's the most annoying place filled with damage sponges and the shittiest area in the series (Frigid Outskirts). Its only value is for the Sauron fight at the end.
>>
>>458632773
I would if I could anon trust me, I've put over 500 hours in DeS and DaS 1 combined.
But Im a total poorfag and can't really afford anything else than food and rent. I once considered eating only instant noodles with cheap veggies for a whole month to afford a ps4+bb but I'm too afraid it'll fuck my health up. Thanks for reading my blog
>>
>>458634104
>it’s good game design to have attacks that miss me actually cause damage

So this is the power of DaS2 apologists...
>>
>>458632898
Should I play DaS 2 vanilla? or with the re-release that changes a bunch of stuff
>>
>>458632920
>Archdragon peak
Why? The other levels have good encounters and design but archdragon peak has no shortcuts and a lazy bonfire infront of the bossfog. I wish the archdragon boss was just an eviromental hazard instead of a boss. The teleportation at the end of the fight is useless and makes the elevator shortcut redundant.
>>
File: 1554738254402.webm (2.94 MB, 800x450)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>458633487
There's so much wrong with ds2 mechanically that it's hard to know where to begin.
>soul memory
>adaptability
>lack of complete red eye orb
>garbage movement and general controls
>FUCKING DEADZONES
>magic builds become completely nonviable once the DLC begins
>removed leveling up at bonfires
>healing items can be stacked to 99
>ridiculous tracking
Dark souls 2 is dogshit
dog. shit.
>>
>>458634408
>This is only a problem in ds2
So this is the power of From Miyazaki apologists...
>>
>>458619729
Idk if this clip is meant to shade DS2 but this shit has NEVER happened to me in all my years of playing it.
>>
>>458634613
It's just lag. Multiplayer in ds3 was completely unplayable for me due to it.
>>
>>458623349
>>458623349
>kys yourself
I expect nothing more from a faggot who thinks DS3 does anything remotely well
>>
>>458634531
Armor stat requirements were also a stupid and halfbaked idea.
>>
>>458619729
>criticize Sekiro
>fans can't find anything positive about it and start spewing decade old memes.
>>
File: 1534142212321.jpg (75 KB, 699x919)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>458634531
>>removed leveling up at bonfires
>>healing items can be stacked to 99
>complains that it's not like DaS and then complains that it's like DaS
>>
File: 1520183061916.png (24 KB, 543x443)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>
>>458634531
>Rational person
Yep that's DS2 faults, but I am perfectly secure in liking/hating it regardless of what other people think.

>DS2 fanboys
B-But Dark Souls 3
>>
>>458634408
>an attack "misses" if it hits me while im in the middle of a roll
This is the power of denial.
>>
>>458632752
Hormone Replacement Therapy and bullied into being MalcolmReynolds gf (male)
>>
>>458634421
Literally no reason to play Vanilla (unless your on PS3/xbox360), scholar is a straight upgrade and has a larger playerbase
>>
>>458634104
>ADP
>Bad desing
In DS2? Yes, because the game dumps souls on you like crazy and the matchmaking is based off of soul memory, not off of soul levels. It becomes pointless in its own game.
>>
>>458632920
>undead settlement
>good
Lmao
>>
>>458632752
Went full tranny.
>>
>>458634531
>healing items can be stacked to 99
Humanity?
Double humanity?
Firekeeper humanity?
Divine Blessing?
Elizabeth shrooms?

3 is the game that fixed this, 2 did it sure, but this is why nobody cares about these lists, you are cherry picking so hard it hurts to look at.
>>
>>458635062
Alright thanks. I only asked because I've been told scholar was just a cashgrab that didn't fix anything and made a bunch of changes for the worse
>>
>>458635171
Eh, who even needs that with 20 instant heal estus you can refill around every corner.
>>
>>458635267
The only thing i think scholar does worse is iron keep. Everything else is either the same, or better.
>>
File: 1550346851074.jpg (148 KB, 1080x1073)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>458622385
>b...b...but DS3

Everytime
>>
>>458621042
Jeseu, Das2-fags are pathetic
>>
>>458635082
you're expected to pump souls in end of you want to have more stamina
Youre expected to pump souls in adp/agi if you want to have better rolls

Its not rocket science
>>
File: 1537876753921.png (214 KB, 323x570)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
>>458635391
>N-NOOOOOO DON'T CRITICIZE DAS3
>>
>>458624150
>if it is a bit more forgiving as well.
What? Nioh is relentless. You get hit once past Way of the Strong and you're dead unless you're running a specific build, boss fights are you being perfect the whole time as you chip away at a boss's health, even if you have a build that can deal a bunch of damage at once you still need to somehow get the enemy vulnerable and on the higher difficulties the onmyo/ninjutsu buffs and debuffs run out in like ten seconds. There's also tons of encounters in levels where they'll just throw multiple enemies at you and the game is simply not meant to deal with that, especially when you die in one or two hits. The fight against the three Kelleys is horrible on WotD or higher, hell, the vast majority of the fights end up being Living Weapon spam just because you die almost instantly.
>>
>>458635082
>spent 1/10th of a SM tier on a stat
>BAD DESING
Let me guess, you are one of those people that doesn't know what Agility is, what the breakpoints are and how SM even worked, you just heard
>Soul memory means spending souls is bad
without ever bothering to see that it literally takes MILLIONS of souls to have any impact at all on matchmaking.

It's so sad, you are so mad about a thing you dont even understand, like every other boomer whining about how videogames are making kids violent.
>>
>>458635171
>but this is why nobody cares about these lists

Not him but he's right on every point. It has all those flaws, including some from the other games.

If it wasn't for DeS it would have the most unbalanced healing in the series since carrying around 99 lifegems almost completely breaks all difficulty.

An animation slowing their use isn't good enough to stop them from being cheap, super-efficient healing.
>>
>>458635121
Yeah, it's good. Only criticism I have would be the cliff underside bonfire as it's somewhat redundant and the greatwood being an underwhelming boss. Otherwise it's a fine level.
>>
Dark Souls 1's problem is I've ran out of builds and challenges to keep playing.
Dark Souls 2's problem is I've ran out of builds and challenges to keep playing.
Dark Souls 3 problem is its so bland, unoriginal and boring that I struggle to even get past the title screen.

Bloodborne's problem is I don't have PS+ for chalice dungeons.
Demon Souls problem is its 2slow

Sekiro's problem is it has zero replay value
>>
>>458635520
>DS2 has bad design
>lists things that are literally copy pasted from previous games that are apperently not bad design

Riddle me this, how is SM bad AND stackable consables bad as well, surely if someone spends all their souls on healing items then it balances out, you either have a shitload of healing or a shitlaod of levels
>>
>>458635409
But then how will i ninja flip while wearing the heaviest armor?
>>
>>458635582
Undead Settlement is the reason I always start as assassin, so I can spook skip the entire fucking level. Its so god damn boring. Low Budget Yharnam with no redeemable qualities
>>
>>458619729
I always emphasize the positives of the game (teleporting is like Demon's Souls, magic is widely varied and unique, armor sets with actual stat bonuses, POWER FUCKING STANCING, the whole game basically being made by someone else at least makes it fucking DIFFERENT) but it's hard to refute points when NOBODY EVER MAKES ANY, they just cry about how they don't like it
The BEST points I've heard against DS2 are deadzones and shockwaves and neither of these are particularly egregious for Souls games

Reminder that no matter what your LEAST favorite Souls games is, there are NO bad Souls games. Not one. Zero. The "worst" Souls game is still a 7/10.
>>
File: 1554030901897.png (435 KB, 625x445)
435 KB
435 KB PNG
>>458619729
I tried to play DaS2 after Sekiro. I'm at Iron Keep and considering dropping it already. It's just so slow, wonky and boring and feels like it was built more so to waste your time and frustrate you than to be actually fun and challenging. I loved DaS1 though but it's been a while since I played it.
>>
>>458635171
In ds1 there isn't a merchant right next to the central bonfire selling any of them for 300 souls apiece in unlimited supply.
>>
>>458632632
>In 1 you and everyone around you are explicitly undead but they will all die if you just kill them once, hollowing sometimes happens when you die, sometimes happens when you just lose motivation but wait just sitting in a cell rotting in new londo ruins is perfectly a-ok.

It would’ve been neat to see some expansion on this as opposed to replacing “braaains” with “sooouls” because they’re ‘undead’.
>>
>>458635171
>3 is the game that fixed this
By adding infinite instant Estus?
>>
>>458635785
>comparing a slow methodical combat wrpg game to a gottagofast r1 mashing action game
>>
>>458634584
It’s a much bigger issue in DaS2.

>>458634938
>dodge hard right on smelter demon
>sword visually misses me by a huge margin
>still take full damage because the hit boxes are fucked

I’d be fine with 0 iframes, but the hitboxes are intolerable.
>>
Dark Souls 2
>starts a 7/10
>remains a 7/10 the entire time
>ends a 7/10
>each DLC is 9/10

Dark Souls 1
>starts a 9/10
>remains a 9/10 until halfway through
>becomes a 3/10 for the second half
>DLC is a 9/10
Dark Souls 2 is better.
>>
>>458635785
sounds like you're a zoomer soiboi who needs constant movement to stimulate your ADHD riddled smooth brain
>>
>>458635913
I didn't mean to imply I was expecting it to be the same. Like I said I've played DaS1.
>>
>>458635813
Instead you can spend 5 minutes and go have an NPC kill a boss to give you 20 estus.
>>
>>458635121
3 branching paths, lots of vertically and nooks and crannies, the optionnal sewer part with the velka statue, "Oh cleanse the bastard's curse", the mound makers part, the branching path with Siegward and the fire demon, the lore around Lucatiel, Mirrah, Velka, yes, it is a phenomenal level.
And visually speaking it is god tier.
>>
Someone give me a build to play, doesn't matter what game. I herniated a disc and am on medical leave.
>>
>>458621415
Ackshually, I don't like 2 or 3.
>>
>>458635785
>I loved DaS1 though but it's been a while since I played it.
DaS1 is slower than DaS2 though.
>>
>>458636061
The Sekiro build.
>>
>>458635657
Because you dump souls on 99 lifegems and still chill in your bracket.

All the bracket does is eventually make coop and matched PvP a pain in the ass unless you wait until endgame where the brackets realistically take millions of souls to change.

Riddle me this, why should I forgive any of these flaws when I don't forgive them in the previous games? If it wasn't for it's bosses, levels, and generally shitty presentation I would like it as much as the others in the series. I never thought the others were without flaws, but 2 has always been the hardest to play because I keep noticing shit I don't like about it.
>>
>>458634913
Eating grass in DeS sucks though
>>
File: roll a build.jpg (254 KB, 1280x800)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>458636061
roll, faggot
>>
>>458636309
rollan
>our system tihnks your post is spam
go fuck yourself
>>
>>458636061
Cleric playthrough of Dark Souls 3.
>>
>ds2 shitters shitposting again
>always blaming ds3
lol that's why bloodborne and sekiro are the best games
>>
>>458630941
There's an item called Cling Ring that makes you have 75% health in soul form. Also, you have to either kill bosses or use a Stone of Ephemeral Eyes to become human.
>>
>>458636149
>DS 1 is way slower than 2

Maybe it's just the awful animations. But I'm gonna call you a delusional fag unless you show me some frame data because 2 is molasses in winter slow compared to all the other games.
>>
>>458636360
>deprived halberd sorcery+miracles Princess Guard
uuhh is this good soulsfags?
>>
>>458636149
That's a goddamn lie and you know it.
ds2 doesn't even have a proper light roll
>>
>>458636309
Here we go

>want to be caster in ds3
>have to go ng+2 for sage ring +2
>meanwhile melee just get fap+3 in dlc
Fuck Fromsoftware
>>
>>458636309
rollan for PTDA walkthrough
>>
Dark Souls 1 problem was it was too similar to DeS
DaS2 problem was it was too different
DaS3 was a carbon copy of DaS1 but worse
>>
>>458635479
>double-down retarded reply
How did you miss the point of BOTH things I said? ADP is bad because it’s pointless. It only serves to make people think the game is harder than it is.

To “beat” it you just level it up casually, the game throws more than enough souls to level it up comfortably - and you don’t have to worry about being as intricate with your build because of SM matchmaking: It isn’t based on your current level. ADP becomes uninteresting and pointless in its own entry, and is just a more boring version of DS1’s different rolls/animations.
>>
>>458636309
no spam roll
>>
>>458636550
Sage ring ain't even necessary for a caster. +3 versions of rings in the dlc are complete bullshit though.
>>
>>458630941
DeS is actually balanced around that half healthbar. So it's not as bad as it looks.

You can find the cling ring to get 75% of your health and you can find emperal rocks to be human again.

Look up world tendency though because the game doesn't explain it and it's too in-depth to change easily to one side or the other without multiplayer
>>
File: 1532648861038.jpg (98 KB, 540x564)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>458619930
>5 years on
>still feeding the trolls
>proud of it
>>
>>458636481
>>458636535
Everything besides the roll is faster in DaS2.
https://youtu.be/o-k2Rtb1aY8
>>
Dark Souks 2 was great when I first played it. It was very active on PC at the time, and I don’t remember ever having difficulty with the wonky controls compared to Dark Souls. My only issue was the weapon degradation. Replaying it now though, it’s really quite shit. The controls feel like hot garbage after replaying Dark Souls 1, finally getting around to playing Demons Souls, playing Bloodborne and DaS3. Like, how did they fuck that up? But I have fond memories of the zones and characters, and many bosses. I actually liked the fucked up topography. I thought it was weird in a fun way.
>>
>>458621415
I didn't even beat DS2, it was offensively bad. DS3 was better but I lost interest in playing those games.
>>
>>458621242
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Texture Work Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha
>>
File: 2014-11-19_00001.0.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>458635938
>3/10 for the second half

Thankfully Izalith is only one small part of the second half. Tomb of Giants and Archives are fine, and New Londo is great. Dark Souls is better, because Dark Souls 2 never goes above being a 6/10 once you leave Lost Bastille, until DLCs. And even then, the DLC contains literally the worst area in the entire series.
>>
File: 47d.jpg (313 KB, 4685x2457)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
>>458619729
>>
>>458636309
oh boy time to download it again
>>
>>458629332
maximum spooky
>>
>>458636967
Why is this area bad again?
>>
>>458632807
I wouldn't go that far, it felt about the same as The Surge. Or at least the half I played of that.
>>
>>458637128
The boss run is kind of boring. Other than that i liked it.
>>
>>458636721
ADP is a stat no different than STR being a stat.
Wanting the best agility rolls without putting points into agi/adp is absurd.
Just because it wasn't in the previous version and you don't like it doesn't make it bad.

These games are all about character progression, and the decision behind those choices. Your complaints about ADP remind me of those who complained about Endurance being split into Vitality/Endurance
>>
>>458630705
>It fades to black to show that you traveled for some time

yes and the hidden wall in a rock separated from the rest somehow leads to mount kikongo
the absolute state of miyazakilets
>>
>>458619930
Based retard keeping DaS2 threads alive 5 years on.
>>
>>458636884
Is it the stamina costs? The way playing unlocked feels? Because DS2 still feels the “stiffest” and feels like the game where I can do “the least”.
>>
>>458636514
Chaos Gargolye Halberd.
Faceroll
>>
File: des.jpg (154 KB, 1280x720)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>tfw unused DeS content is more cohesive and interesting than anything finished in dark souls 2
>>
>>458629360

you keep posting this screenshot and somehow you don't get it yourself

the keep has 3 fucking walls before you would see those windows, you can have indoo windows between rooms with artificial light you stupid brainlet
>>
>>458619729
demon's souls and bloodborne are the only good ones dark souls 1 was the beginning of the end
>>
>>458636967
1st DLC feels great but the other two spread thin. This has been the case for all of DS2 - way too much quantity compared to quality - so it’s sad as fuck to see the same happen to the DLC.

Maybe Bamco is to blame here for pushing that season pass.
>>
>>458637287
>you will never get a full dev cycle Souls game because From is really bad at time management
>>
File: das_toobee.png (1.6 MB, 1920x1080)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
there are two category of games: ones that promote player's creativity and ones that don't.

it's interesting how we can observe all the changes from one category to another throughout the entire soulsborniro franchise, and the clear breaking point being the bad receptance of DaS2, and universal praise of bloodborne, which cemented the future of soulslike games to be forever stuck as 1-sided handholding no-brain-only-reflexes buttonmashers.
>>
>>458636171
>Because you dump souls on 99 lifegems and still chill in your bracket.
>buy 99 lifegems
>don't use them
>wasted souls nothing matters
Or
>buy 99 lifegems
>use them
>need to buy more lifegems earning more SM and balancing out the fact that you splooge on healing items

Still not seeing the issue here my friend.
None of the mechanics of DS2 exist in a vacuum, they exist in DS2 with all the other mechanics of that game, you are acting as if lifegems were a thing in DS1 or SM was a thing in DS3 with no other changes to either game to try and explain why they are bad.
>>
>>458636884
>About the same speed with each attack
>DS2 still feels the worse

Then it really is those animations, because it always feels like I'm a grandpa walking around in that game.
>>
>>458631171

LMAO I never realized until you told me, that's fucking brilliant, now that I think about it "bashful" ray uses only punching weapons KEK
>>
ToH > TRC > Iron Crown > AoTA > Ivory Crown > Sunken Crown > Ashes of Ariandel
>>
>>458637239
It's because the weapons come out faster, but the ending lag is longer and you can't roll-cancel as safely because the game was designed to make the player commit to actions, which is also why Estus takes longer to drink.
>>
>>458636967
Anything after Anor Londo is legitimately bad. It's what stops me from replaying the game in completion. I'm talking Sonic 06/Superman 64/Chaos Legion levels of bad.
>>
File: da.jpg (1.87 MB, 1920x1080)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
>>458619729
>criticize Demon's souls
>fans point out the positives of the game to try and refute your point
>>criticize Dark Souls
>fans point out the positives of the game to try and refute your point
>criticize Dark Souls III
>fans point out the positives of the game to try and refute your point
>criticize Bloodborne
>fans point out the positives of the game to try and refute your point
>criticize Dark Souls II
>fans throw shade at Dark Souls 3

I don't think it's ever outright denial though. Reasonable fans of Dark Souls 1 still accept that the game has flaws, such as Lost Izalith. Dark Souls 2 fans are just shit eating troglodytes
>>
>Dark Soul is a great game
>Why?
>The pvp and builds of course!
Like clockwork.
>>
>>458636721
Why is Vitality/Vigor a stat, surely no build would ever have literally no HP so why does the stat even exist?
Why is Endurance a stat? Almost every action takes stamina and almost every build needs stamina, might as well hand that and HP as default for leveling up
Why are any of the damage stats a thing, surely it would be better if everyone could always use every weapon and the balancing came from weapon upgrades.

Etc.
>>
>>458628594
But sekiro isnt a souls game
>>
>>458637692
>>458637197

Why not just get rid of stats entirely
>>
>>458637685
what you don't like pvp? Lol, what a fag.
>>
File: des against das.png (75 KB, 1437x562)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>458619729
>criticize Dark Souls
>PC cancereous newfags just call it trolling and ignore
Fixed for you
>>
well at least DS1's flaws can be fixed by mods such as PTDA
>>
File: 1554990092207.jpg (313 KB, 720x720)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
>>458630549
>dark souls 2
>secluded area separated from the rest where a broken statue was haphazardly left there to itself and abandoned

>dark souls 3
>OMG LET'S FUCKING SHRINE THIS BITCH AND PUT SOLAIRE WEAPONS GUARDED BY MIMICS MUH PRECIOUS HEIRLOOMS
>HOLY SHIT THE FIRSTBORN LOVED TO SUCK DRAGON DICKS WE MUST ALSO SUCK ALL THE DRAGON DICKS AND RIDE THEM TO BATTLE EVEN THOUGH ALL OF THE INGAME KNIGHTS NEVER INTERACT WITH DRAGONS EXCEPT THE FIRSTBORN AND ALSO THE DRAGONS HAVE GIANT BLACKED SNAKES INSIDE THEM BECAUSE LOL?
>BTW ANGELS AND UHHHHH YEAH THE DARKSIGN IN THE SKY ISN'T THAT SOME EPIKKKK BERSERK REFERENCE MY FELLOW MIYAZAKI FANS XDDDD


that's gonna be a fucking yikes from me
>>
>>458637626
Duke's archive is great. Crystal cave is short and visually interesting. Tomb of the giants is good, New Londo is great if you didn't do it before. Literally only Lost Izalith bad. I will never understand this meme.
>>
>>458637780
Sekiro went that route, rolled basically every character upgrade into one, but it's not how the games the souls series is so it's a moot point.
>>
>>458637827
>you dont like this optional side mode added as an afterthought?? Lmao fag!
?
>>
>>458637197
>The OTHER games are all about character progression, and the decision behind those choices
Correct, and that’s definitely not the case here for DS2: All the other games don’t have soul memory, so those build decisions actually have weight. ADP would’ve been much more interesting in another Souls game - and it was, in DS1, with equipment weight.

Glad you finally broke through your retard senses!
>>
>>458637972
lol you are a fag
>>
>>458632594
>they ruinedthe faraam armor
>they ruined powerstancing
>they ruined the aldia plot
>they ruined the vendrick plot
>they sweeped away the shards of manus plot in a shitty demon's souls reference

miyazaki is such a fucking egoistical maniac, fuck him
>>
>>458637902
It would make the other person happy and it wouldn't impact anyone negatively.
You could still limit yourself if you wanted. Builds/stats are outdated honestly.
>>
>>458637861
>I SAW ANDRE I SAW ANDRE AND CLAPPED
>HAHA REMEMBER BASED ONIONBRO????????
>>
>>458636721
>more boring version of DS1’s different rolls/animations.
But DS1/3s rolls are a more boring version of 2 since there is no penalty for going 0.1% off a breakpoint in roll animations.
>>
>>458636884
That's just the claymore though. Everything lighter is significantly slower and has way more ending lag than any other Souls game. Try a rapier for example.
>>
>>458637575
>About the same speed with each attack
DaS2 is very clearly faster on everything outside of rolling attacks.
>>
>>458621415
No 2 and 3 suck. I never go back to them.
>>
>>458638001
Soul Memory had no impact on character progression, only multiplayer brackets. What are you going on about based retard?
>>
File: file.png (156 KB, 366x434)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>458637861
>WE MUST ALSO SUCK ALL THE DRAGON DICKS

lothric sounds pretty based
>>
>>458638051
>It would make the other person happy and it wouldn't impact anyone negatively.
As fucking if nigga what on earth are you smoking.
If everything about DS2 was exactly the same except you every level up grants a little of every stat then DS2 would have gotten flamed form dumbing down the series. You are beyond retarded if you think otherwise
>>
>>458638082
Kill yourself, shitstain
>>
>>458619729
Nah it's more like
>criticize a souls game/bloodborne
>lmao git gud faggot
>>
>>458637575
>about the same speed
>dark souls 2 ends 2 hours before the other

lmao cope
>>
>>458621415
That's true for me
>>
>>458638287
>hahaha cope xdd

Fuck off, shiteater
>>
>>458638048
He rightfully did so. DaS2 is hot garbage.
>>
>>458637550
Did you just not read my post?

Lifegems cost so little that you can spam them and still effectively play in multiplayer with randos who are of your power level.

Lifegems are easy to farm from the very beginning of the game and allow for so much healing that so long as the player can have the distance for a 2 second long animation (which is extremely easy to gain) then they have effectively infinite health for the entire game.

SM doesn't punish this strategy as much as it does with leveling up costs / buying gear and upgrades. Because those alone cost more than buying a few dozen lifegems which can easily allow a player to clear half the game without worrying about health (like me)

There was just never a period of DS2 where I was out of healing and fighting a tough boss/area and it came down to the wire.

Those gems alone are the grass in Demon Souls. Which has always been a garbage health system when estus is a much, much better idea for maintaining the atmosphere and feel of the game play.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (19 KB, 164x307)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>458624032
Armorer Dennis tho
>>
>>458638186
yeah but it plays like shit with arbitrary hit detection so who cares how fast it is, you still have shit level design, broken enemy design and turn tables for everything.
>>
>>458638171
>DS1 is slower
>no its not
>show proof
>DOESN'T COUNT
Anon please, denial ins't healthy and the rapier in DS1 is slow as fuck, might as well compare something that DS1 is actually faster at like the Falchion,
>>
>>458619729

>Criticize Bloodborne
>Fans point out the positives of the game to try and refute your point.

Literally has never once happened since the game released.
>>
>>458638186
I don't see it. It's at most a little faster on one or two attacks while being slower on one or two others.

I always thought it was significantly slower, but I guess now it's just the animations weight and feel I never liked.
>>
How viable is a snap freeze + fire surge build in ds3?
>>
>>458623821
Pretty much proving the OP right with this response. Someone criticizes DaS2 and you start bitching about DaS1.
>>
>>458638467
>Lifegems are easy to farm from the very beginning of the game
And Pinwheel is a very difficult boss.
>>
>>458638562
This.
Its more like:
>praise BB
>Get called a snoy poster shill
>criticize BB
>SEETH 5 Years NEVER EVER
>>
>>458637696
thats why its so much better than the rest
>>
>>458638641
>Accuse DS2 of doing things the rest of the series also does
>Get triggered when called out on it and pretend that it was all part of your keikau in the first place.

Anon the fact that OP is a retard that makes loaded statements doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>458637861
reminder that DS3 was also directed by Tanimura
>>
>>458638645
Oh, so you're just going to start acting delusional on me like all the other 2 fanboys?

>B-But previous games did this

Previous game, even with the flaws, is better than DS2 at it's best.
>>
>>458621415
Played through DaS2 twice when it first came out and once when SOTFS came out and I don't have any desire to go through it again while I still frequently replay DeS, DaS1 and BB.
>>
>>458629354
>ninja wall
>ladder down
>long tunnel
>ladder up
>ashina castle
????? what's not to get you brainlet.
>>
>>458638467
>with leveling up costs / buying gear and upgrades
????

Upgrading a weapon costs around 10k souls per weapon, getting a level up at meta soul levels costs 300k per level. Please do explain how these two numbers are anywhere close to being in the same ballpark in terms of costs.
>>
File: 1510104726817.webm (2.78 MB, 1280x720)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB WEBM
>>
>>458638740
Yeah and MGR is the best DMC game
>>
>>458638834
>Game A does thing X
>Game B does thing X
>Game C does thing X

Game B is the worst game in existence for doing X, game A and C are perfect!
No anon, no amount of mental gymanstics and namecalling will ever change that fact that you are acting like a colossal retard that's cherry picking for the sake of it.
>>
>>458638925
git gud xD
>>
>>458638559
You didn't show proof of anything but the claymore. And I accept that proof. The falchion and the rapier and the straight sword all have way more ending frames.
>>
BB > TRC > DaS2 > DaS > DeS > DaS 3 > Sekiro
For me, dont @ me
>>
>>458622385
Lmao you're doing exactly what OP said, someone takes a shit on 2, point out a problem with 3. Wtf are you doing lol
>>
>>458638467
The difference being that the lifegem healing is painfully slow, and you'll need multiple lifegems to heal to full hp.
The full/new moon grass grass in demon souls was like having infinite DBs in DaS1.
>>
>>458623493
Sure but 3 was really really bad
>>
>>458638051
>It would make the other person happy
Stats are fine if they make sense. Adp is a weird one, combining roll invul and item use effects into one. Who made that call?

Is it more interesting than managing DS1’s weights and rolls? I personally don’t think so, and its introduced in a game where people are less concerned about the specific level brackets.
>>
>>458639061
Whatever helps you sleep at night anon.
Someone could make a 10 hour comparison that goes over every weapon in the game frame by frame and you would still find an excuse for why "DS2 feels slow" because you are a true scotsman at heart with an ax to grind
>>
>>458637575
It really shows how much animations matter. Dark Souls 2 is really just incompetently animated compared to everything else in the franchise. Like Sonic Adventure bad.
>>
>>458639091
You now realize that DS2 drones are 80IQ subhumans
>>
>>458619729
>lorefags are still mad that DaS2 is still, rightfully, the highest rated Souls game
Yikes.
>>
>>458639091
Based retardposter missing the point.
>>
>>458639192
But you're the one who likes a shitty slow game, so?
>>
File: GuUWoX5.jpg (3.18 MB, 2034x2048)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB JPG
>>458638419
You'd have a point if they didn't ruin a bunch of shit from DaS1 too.
>>
>>458639179
>Is it more interesting than managing DS1’s weights and rolls?
DS2 inherently has more management for carry weight and rolls because your stamina regen speed and roll distance scales with your equipload outside of berakpoints.
A 30% equip load build will basically have a Chloranthy+1 for free when comparing stamina regen speed to a 69% equip load build despite both being "medium" rolls.
All DS1 has are breakpoints that you minmax and even those are absurdly broad
>>
>>458639356
>prove to me the game isn't slow
>proven
>no do it again
Don't think so anon, now get your autistic last word in, it wont change the fact that you are literally trying to change reality with the powers of denial.
>>
DeS > DaS = DaS2 > DaS3
Every game is flawed in one way or another. I just seriously can't bring myself to slog through ds3 again. It was fun the first time through, but I had no desire to replay it since
>>
>>458637873
>Duke's archive is great
No it's not. The Research Hall is actually fun, Duke's Archive isn't.
>Crystal Cave is short and visually interesting
>visually interesting
That's nice, but that doesn't translate to good gameplay. DmC's Limbo is visually interesting too, but it's a chore to play through.
>Tomb of the giants is good
This doesn't warrant a response.
>New Londo is great
Yet another gimmick area designed for the sole purpose of checking if the player is paying attention to what people tell them.
>>
>>458629354
>>fantasy game
>>has fantasy stuff
the entire world being suspended by giant trees is fantasy stuff
a volcanic castle flying in mid-air isn't, it's a noticeable oversight
>>
>>458639863
Literally Ganondorf's castle in OoT
>>
>>458639592
>54 second cherrypicked clip
>"See, it's PROOF!"
>>
>>458621967
Are you me? I have it on ps3 and regular and SOTFS versions on steam. I don´t hate the game but by far it´s the worst one, even with some glimpses of good in all the bad.
>>
>>458639428
Not to mention that Chloranthy is actually balanced to favor low-regen builds in DaS2, whereas in DaS1 and 3 it compounds stamina regen on builds that already have a ton of it to begin with.
>>
>>458640182
But we don't talk about that because the only things DS2 does differently from the rest of the series is adding lifegems and ADP.
>>
Why do people complain about DS3 bringing back Andre when the Handmaiden is one of the old ladies brought back from DS2
>>
>>458639990
I don't remember going up an elevator in a windmill to an invisible Ganon's Castle in Ocarina
>>
>>458640616
Because Andre is literally called Andre, has the same job and is the exact same character, whereas the handmaiden is "old woman in a chair" might as well say that that one asshole before Rom is a wheelchairman from 2 for all the similarities they have
>>
>>458640448
And shitty level design and shitty bosses
>>
I honestly don't think that Dark Souls 3 is a big step up from 2. Bosses are still piss easy, bosses still have horse shit hitboxes, the levels look nicer but lost the nice style DS1 had to it. I really don't see how people praise 3 as the best.

For me it's
DS1 > BB > DeS > DS3 > DS2

2 is only last because it's full of absolutely no-fun-allowed areas.
>>
>>458619729
whatre you talking about? DaS2 has plenty of positives to "refute your point":

>largest world/most content by a landslide
>some of the best DLCs in the series
>by far the most variety in builds, weapons, armor, spells, etc.
>powerstancing
>best multiplayer in the series

Of course, it is natural to compare it to other games in the same series, and the reason people "throw shade" at DaS3 is because DaS2 is in no way better than DaS1/BB, but definitely better than DaS3, which was a heaping pile of garbage.
>>
>>458640616
Because he's one of the more notorious pandering moments.

Personally, I thought that that Oscar's corpse five seconds into the game leaning onto a lordvessel in the same pose as aeons ago, holding an Estus Flask, was even more ridiculous which could've only been topped by their original level design with the Stray Demon being in place of the Crystal Lizard.
>>
>>458619729
>>fans throw shade at Dark Souls 3
Because many of the "criticism" applies to 3 just the same if not more. Case and example enemy numbers and ambushes. DaS2 is nothing compared to 3 when talking about those.
>>
>>458638171
>That's just the claymore though. Everything lighter is significantly slower and has way more ending lag than any other Souls game. Try a rapier for example
Here's the Longsword:
https://youtu.be/ItDC-ZSNbgk
Same speed or faster than DaS and DeS other than, again, the rolling attacks.

Also the Rapier should be slow because it's fucking broken in all three games.
>>
>>458640040
I don't think you know what cherrypicking is you retard. Every "great" class weapon in DaS2 is miles faster than 1 and 3.
>>
>>458619729
>pretending that everyone doesn't already know how flawed DS2 was
pretending every game after Ds2 isn't still worse
>>
>>458626825
>>458627828
Adaptability and agility as a concept was to make the player choose between being nimble or putting points in vitality and getting heavy armor.
And before a certain patch came, you could effectively be invincible at 800~1000 physical resist.
>>
>>458621743
Oh yeah what are these areas and where Should They Be
>>
>>458627828
>highly misleading descriptions
>Agility
>Boost the effectiveness of evasive actions
You are either a brainlet or a massive brainlet.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.