[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: capsule_616x353.jpg (82 KB, 616x353)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Why do people deny that this game is easier than the first one? It isn't just a matter of players having experiences with the franchise. There are objective qualities that made it a lot easier.
>>
DS3 is far easier and casual than DS1, that's a fact
>>
>>446394174
Explain how a pro ow player spent 8 hours on abyss watchers then.
>>
Killing that optional boss to skip ahead was hard as fuck.
>>
>>446394174
>There are objective qualities that made it a lot easier
for example...?
>>
>>446396657
So was getting blueblood sword early in demon's souls
>>
>>446394174
Explain why DSP, Asmongold, and Seagull had far more trouble with DS3 than 1.
>>
>>446394174
casuals want to be validated
>>
>>446396823
Ah, the BBS. It's time to do a BBS run on the PS3 emulator. That weapon is by far the best in the series.
>>
>>446394174
I think it has a lot to do with people not realizing how powerful their character is in DaS3, whereas people already realized how weak their character was in DaS1.

>>446396936
They learned how to play DaS1 because it was their first game and they forgot to try to learn how to play DaS3.
>>
>>446394174
Fight difficulty gets ramped up because theres more monsters that are much harder to just backstab and they track the player movement with their swings much more than they do in 1. At the same time level design has been tweaked so that you can rush into most boss encounters very easily from the nearest bonfire.
>>
>>446396470
You also mean the one who is so fucking retarded that can't solve a simple puzzle in BOTW?
Also
>ow pro
KEK
>>
>>446394174
DS1:
Very hard bosses:
-

Hard bosses:
Artorias, Manus

DS2:
Very hard bosses:
-

Hard bosses:
Fume Knight, Alonne

BB:
Very hard bosses:
Ludwig. Orphan

Hard bosses:
Logarius, Maria, Laurence

DS3:
Very hard bosses:
Nameless King, Friede, Midir, Gael

Hard bosses:
Pontiff Sulyvahn, Dancer, Champion Gundyr, Dragonslayer Armor, Twin Princes, Soul of Cinder, Demon Princes
>>
Dying in ds1: you gotta walk all the way back to where you lost souls
Dying in ds3: you gotta fight three hordes of enemies to get to where you lost your souls
>>
>>446398875
>this pleb didn't play demons souls
>>
>>446394174
don't they get easier the first time you play one

if you play DSIII as your first ever souls game, then you'll think DSII is easier and that DS is the easiest

I always heard Demon Souls was a hard game but I blazed through that shit after playing all the DS games and Bloodborne too

You just get used to the mechanics, the rehashed bosses, the third person melee combat etc

the game can only fool you once, unless you're a retard
>>
>>446394174
I thought the first one was easier. Half its bosses are a joke and the grunts are easy to backstab.
3 has some actually challenging and consistent bosses throughout and enemies have more movesets to fuck you up.
>>
DS1's level design has an obsession with killing the player by dropping him from heights and it's complete garbage, especially when it asks you to traverse narrow walkways. I'm glad DS3 completely abandonned that
>>
File: 1547042371377.gif (452 KB, 267x320)
452 KB
452 KB GIF
>why is a series I spent 800 hours on so easy
That's why. We all spent hundreds of hours on demon souls, dark souls 1 and 2. So 3 became a joke in terms of difficulty. If 3 was your first game, you'd find it difficult.
>>
>>446394174
>tfw remember most dark souls bosses because they were challenging and memorable
>I've already forgotten 75% of DS3 bosses because I beat them on first try.

Abyss Watchers and the Prince of Lothric chappies, the dancing knives lady and the first ice monster are all I can think of at the moment
>>
>>446396470
I'm only 6.5k in Dota (pros are like 7.5k+) and I beat the Watchers on my 3rd try. Died in phase 1 the first time, died in phase 2 the second and beat it 3rd try. Dark Souls is only "hard" because most people have 0 patience. If you just dodge and attack in the openings you beat most bosses easily. The people who get stuck for hours always try to go for attacks they shouldn't.
>>
>>446396470
>pro OW player
That's not exactly a good qualification. Plus they're entirely different games. I got the abyss watchers on my 5th time, it's just a matter of learning mechanics, timing, and your enemies moveset.
>>
true DS3 is only using the first bonfire of the level
>>
>>446396657
I'm a shit player and I defeated them on my third try.
>>446396701
A lot more bonfires despite being shorter. On top of that you get a bonfire after every boss fight. You can activate embers whenever unlike human form. You don't have to upgrade bonfires. There aren't any enemy attacks that leave effects after death. Lots of bosses have shortcuts to them with zero enemies on the way.
>>
>>446396936
because in ds1, poisemelee is cheese while in ds3 pyromancy is cheese. im pretty sure dsp and asmongoloid played fatroll melee in both games dont know about seagull.
all dark souls games are easy if you use the broken stuff like guardian armor in 1 and vestiges in 3
>>
>enemies in D3 tracks you way better and shuts down the bullshit where you can just run laps around them

i've gotten shield bitch slapped trying to do that more than id like to admit
>>
>>446398875
>Gael
>Very Hard
I'm not even good at the games and I beat Gael first try
>>
>>446400526
this. gaels attacks are one of the easiest to roll on. if anything the fight is just boring roll roll r1 roll roll r1 for 10 minutes.
>>
>>446394174
Poise or not, I found it easier than 2 just because of how responsive the roll is.
>>
>>446394174
Dark Souls 3 is the newest game and the one that people on /v/ has played the most, and they want to sniff their own farts at the "difficulty" when it's the easiest and blandest game in the series.
>>
File: moeilijk-spel.webm (2.89 MB, 900x506)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
*blocks your path*
>>
>>446400885
>and the one that people on /v/ has played the most,
no.
>>
>>446400943
It sold more copies than the other two and there's almost daily threads about it on /v/ despite it being worse than 1 and 2.
>>
>>446394174
DS3 is a glorified boss rush. A good boss rush, but still a boss rush.

Think of Dark Souls 1 as Super Metroid You could even say it’s a 3D metroidvania while Dark Souls 3 is Metroid Fusion. Both games are good, but they’re different experiences.
>>
>>446401004
>It sold more copies than the other two
No it didn't and I've literally never seen a Dark Souls 3 specific thread past the launch window. People rarely talk about 3.
>>
>>446394174
The only hard thing about the original is the platforming sections, all of the bosses are easy af. Capra demon being the only exception and that's just cuz of bad design.
>>
>>446398875
had less than 5 tries on all ds3 bosses, was stuck on O&S for three days.
>>
>>446394174
that fucking sewers curse trick that fucked me > anything else of difficulty and frustration in the souls saga
>>
>>446394174
The game is 100% easier but it's still my favourite
>>
>>446396936
Asmongold had so much trouble because he actually refused to roll and gets mad if he dies to a boss like twice
>>
>>446396470
imagine being this much of a zoomer, holy fuck
>>
>>446396470
Watchers were easy. I get getting stuck on Nameless and Cinders but not them. It was like Gwyn on baby difficulty.
>>
DS1 is the easiest souls game by a mile. Half the bosses are easily killed with gimmicks. If you have problems beating it its time to play some zelda instead. DS2, DS3, Nioh, DeS and Blooborne are all harder.
>>
DS1:
Very hard bosses:
Manus, Kalameet, NG+2 and onward Four Kings

Hard bosses:
Ornstein and Smough, Artorias, Gwyn without parrying, 1st playthrough Capra Demon, low level Stray Demon, Four Kings

MXC(Most Xtreme elimination Challenge):
Bed of Chaos

DS2:
Very hard bosses:
Fume Knight

Hard bosses:
Alonne

BB:
Very hard bosses:
Orphan

Hard bosses:
Logarius, Maria, Laurence, Ludwig

DS3:
Very hard bosses:
Nameless King, Friede with light weapons, Midir, Champion Gundyr without parrying

Hard bosses:
Pontiff Sulyvahn, Dancer, Champion Gundyr with parrying, Dragonslayer Armor, Soul of Cinder, gank demons/Demon Prince, Slave Knight Gael, Mad Spirit Holy Knight Hodrick(NG+ Road of Sacrifices summon)

Fixed your shitty list. 1st playthrough Old Demon King could be in hard tier because a ton of players have trouble with him. More importantly, Sister Friede becomes Sister Free when you use a heavy weapon because she can’t trade. Phase 3 is a joke with any UGS that has vertical stomp slash or BKGS’s golf swing. Twin Princes is an easy boss fight.
>>
>>446402226
>this pleb didn't play demons souls
>>
>>446402226
Kalameet's easy as fuck if you aren't trying to get his tail
>>
>>446402291
I never bought a PS3. Feel free to add a Demon Souls section, anon
>>
>>446402479
emulate it then fagola
>>
>>446402438
>he doesn’t want the only buffable unique weapon in the game
>he doesn’t want +800 AR
>he doesn’t want the most fun GS in pvp

The tail cut IS the boss fight.
>>
>>446402226
How are the Twin Princes easy and Soul of Cinder and Dragonslayer hard?
>>
>>446402557
You can emulate it at above 10fps on something that isn’t a high end rig?
>>
>>446402703
I don't know m rig is ace
>>
>>446402668
Shit, I forgot to remove Soul of Cinder. Mybad.

Dragonslayer Armor kills a lot of new players during the “fireball” spam in the second half of the fight. DA also destroys turtles by dealing so much knockback on block that he can knock people off the ledge.
>>
>>446394174
Because people like to pretend the entire game is the same level as Nameless King
>>
>>446402291
What's the main difference between Demon's and Dark Souls? Bloodborne, Dark Souls and Sekiro have distinct differences between art design, mechanics and setting. But those two seem kind of similar.
>>
>>446404892
Demons = soul
Dark = soulless

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.