[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

It’s good. Really, really fucking good. It took about ten minutes to realize the pilot is disjointed (I don’t think the rest of it will be) in that it’s set up like Memento. There is a story moving forward in the beginning intertwined by flash backs that start close to the beginning and move further in the past.
The Mando is super mysterious. He doesn’t tell anyone his name in the present or the flashback scenes. It opens like all good Star Wars things do, with a ship approaching a planet. The Mando is tasked with securing “a package” and delivering the package to to a fierce Imperial remnant. At the next to last sequence, the Mando discovers his “package” is a child, a little girl.
The flashbacks are what people will talk about. Throughout them you see the Mando assemble a crew, then later (but earlier chronologically) meet the contact who gives him the job, then just before this he gets arrested by stormtroopers who are trying to look for him that he owns easily until he hots his head on an overhang, then earlier he’s searching for something, a ship more than likely, then earlier he gets new armor, then earlier he’s in a big cantina brawl with other bounty hunters, then earlier he’s cloaked and retrieves the old dingy armor from a chest in an abandoned structure, and then the final shot of the episode is a zoom in on the Sarlacc pit and a hand emerging from below grasping onto the ground.
Had me hype. Can’t wait to see people’s reactions.
>>
I knew it was Boba
>>
>>123716493
This is bullshit but I believe it.
Zero fucking chance it's Fett.
>>
>>123716493
>the leaked child is a girl
OH no no no no
>>
>>123716651
It’s Fett. 100%. Makes sense too because people on the fence are going to see Boba Fett trending on Twitter next Tuesday and subscribe en masse to Disney+
>>
>>123716493
Makes sense. Any Star Wars expanded universe is going to start off 100% with Boba living being confirmed, the only reason Disney was pussy footing around was so all the hardcore cannon fags shit their pants when they realize Boba isn't dead.
>>
>>123716493
Fuck off SHILL
>>
>>123716493
>Guy who looks and acts just like fan favorite character Boba Fett is revealed to be fan favorite character Boba Fett
WOW
WHAT A LAND-GRAB SURPRISE
>>
>>123716493
Sounds like marketing.
>>
Would anybody not being paid by Disney like to give an opinion?
>>
>>123716493
Real talk how scared are you guys at disney headquarters? Your streaming service looks like shit and you had to drop the prices to get interests, this mandalorian thing looks cheap as fuck too
>>
File: rWfdO.jpg (382 KB, 1944x1296)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
>>123716493
If it is Boba was it a deliberate choice to redesign his ship and armor to look like total steaming shit?
>>
>>123716876
In the scene he’s looking for something it heavily implies it’s a ship. My guess is someone stole Slave I and that will be a plot point this season, getting it back.
>>
>>123716876
What happened to the slave 1 in the extended universe after Boba fell?
>>
>Mandalorian
>is actually a Kaminoan

Bravo Disney
>>
>>123716493
Then earlier OP sucked cock
>>
>>123716935
He gets his car keys and fuzzy dice out of the wreckage of Jabba's sail barge and shows up with screen worn armor just in time for the Thrawn trilogy
>>
>>123716876

They made everything new characters so they won't have to pay Lucas for merchandising rights.
>>
>>123716493
It's GOOD? Oh thanks for shilling, I mean sharing that. Not like anyone can get online and post anonymously how GREAT their product is, that we NEED to consume it.

I don't care. Boycott still stands. Fuck DisneyWars. Fuck what they did to the OT characters. Blow me.
>>
>>123717065
I still don't believe Disney would be this retarded, but it's definitely not the least convincing argument
>>
>>123716493
>the pilot is disjointed
Confirmed that only based parts were in the trailer and the rest will be generic nuwars sjw trash.
>>
shoo shoo shill
>>
>>123717065
You insipid retard, that's not how this works. Disney didn't BUY the rights just to continue paying George, and all you have to go off of is stupid internet rumor-mongering. Go back to plebbit.
>>
Wouldn't it be cool if they never showed his face again and at the end of the season he takes of his helmet and IT'S A BLACK WOMAN!!!
>>
>>123717065
there's 0 evidence of that, no matter how much you post this shit.
rogue one and solo used nothing but old designs.
tfa and ros use lots of discarded ot art/designs.
mandalorian uses ot designs plus ot designs with coats of paint on them.
the new trilogy has more designs from lucas' stuff than the prequels did.
>>
>>123717146
>film rights are merch rights

Lucas might not be tribe but he knows how he got rich in the first place
>>
File: 1503788462347.gif (1.98 MB, 370x335)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB GIF
>Bill Burr is in Star Wars
>>
>>123716493
Hope this is true, because the american accent would confirm the original 'bailiff from night court' voice is cannon, which is way better than Temuera
>>
File: 1549328801605.jpg (124 KB, 640x630)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>123716876
The armor is the same one he wears in the Holiday Special Cartoon and some of the original McQuarrie designs. So it could be Boba. Still, if it is, it's a fucking waste. Not because Boba fanboyism, but because the Star Wars universe is bigger than 3 or 4 characters. If it is Fett it just makes it feel small.
>>
>>123717216
I can't wait for Bob Kelly The Hutt

>Dude, you got your carbonite Solo, you got your rancor pit, boom!
>>
>>123717257
>and some of the original McQuarrie designs
All of which looks like shit, I like the rest of his work but the Boba designs are piss poor.
Anyways, it's the colors more than anything, it looks so unappealing
>>
>>123717205
rogue one and solo didn't use more then couple old designs, look at the aliens the at-ats all of it, everything is slightly changed in both
>>
File: 1547900887017.jpg (39 KB, 389x396)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>123717216
>Mfw Bill Burr plays Dengar
>>
DUDE KILL THE PAST LMAO
>>
>>123717394
FUCKIN' TOILET PAYPAH
>>
>>123716493
I don't think they would use Fett. This is Disney. They would rather use Chinese knock-off brand Boba Fett, named Bibi Fott and is definitely cooler than the other character he acts just like.
>>
>>123716651
Collect those odds.
>>
>>123717216
What is he saying, /tv/?
>>
fake and gay. It has already been confirmed in canon that Fett was eaten and then his armor was found and sold off by scrappers.
>>
>>123717675
>thinking 'canon' means anything to Disney
All they've done is retcon canon, both new and old.
>>
>>123717210
Again, are you fucking retarded? Do you think Disney doesn't know this? Do you think they bought the license with intent to make movies, or to sell merchandise?

Cite something to back up that Lucas kept merchandising rights (because you can't) or just shut the fuck up and take your stupidity back to plebbit.
>>
>>123716876
Wew, those feet.
>>
>>123717788
Cite something that backs up that Disney bought them [you can't] or try to bump the thread again
>>
>>123716493
the boba fett reveal seemed obvious to me
>>
>>123717392
No shit you moron, that's to sell NEW toys. It's literally Malibu Stacey with a New Hat. That does NOT mean Lucas kept merchandising rights, you window-licking retard.
>>
File: 5e2.jpg (38 KB, 554x439)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Maybe the new armor is something Fett had locked away in storage? We might assume the Sarlaac's stomach ate away at his old armor to the point that it was rendered unusable.
>>
>>123716628
Are you genuinely retarded?
>>
File: 1567389201926.png (42 KB, 546x565)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>123717917
>>123716726
>>123717841
>>123717759
>>123716957
>>123716697
>From Favreau to Pascal go on record stating it isnt fett
>brainlets fall for random anonymous larp

This board really has been flooded and pruned out. Fucking embarrassing
>>
File: Boba-Fett_61fdadfd.jpg (70 KB, 960x540)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
You know, if you think about it, the Mando actually being Boba Fett would be brilliant on Disney's part. It would be sheer marketing genius.

Because, on the one hand, it would be an OLD character. It would be something that appeals to the nostalgia of Star Wars fans. What old boomer who watched the OT growing up wouldn't want to see more of Boba Fett, one of the coolest-looking characters from the OT? A Boba Fett TV show would tickle the nostalgia boner of every Star Wars fan on the planet.

But, on the other hand, it's Boba Fett with a NEW look, which allows Disney to sell NEW merchandise. You have all your Boba Fett action figures, but now Boba's got NEW armor, so you have to buy NEW action figures and NEW models and NEW LEGO sets. Think of all the merch sales that would generate, as fans and collectors rush out to complete their collection by grabbing these new additions to it.

If the Mando is Boba it's the perfect blend of nostalgia bait and new merch pumping. It's fucking devious, now I'm actually convinced he has to be Boba. It's exactly the sort of scheme the Mouse would pull.
>>
>>123718247
You are implying, of course, that anyone at Disney has any brains at all.
>>
>>123718247
Please contain your autism in this thread
>>
File: 1567717000915.jpg (65 KB, 600x600)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>123718247
>brilliant on Disney's part
Didn't make it past there. Sorry for your time lad
>>
>>123717675
That's not true. The damaged armor was sold by Jawas, yes. But it was found strewn across the desert as if it was removed piece by piece as someone walked. Fett is 100% not dead, he just ditched his busted armor.
>>
>>123716493
>it's boba fett
>but without his iconic armor
>or his iconic ship
>and his voice is different
>and he's smaller
>>
>>123718247
Yikes
>>
>>123716493
if this is true then its fun to see all the youtubers making predictions about the show get it wrong
>>
>>123717084
Heh heh you dumb said it boss heh heh
>>
File: Mando 01.jpg (64 KB, 800x164)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>123718239

Not much else it could be, Anon.
>>
File: liam.gif (2.11 MB, 480x208)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB GIF
>>123718247
>disney
>brilliant decisions
>>
>>123719106
Unless it has something to do with TRoS/Rey
>>
>>123719340
>>123719106
Benicio is Boba
>>
>>123719356
No he isn't because we are literally never seeing that guy again.
>>
>>123719340

Something like revealing Rey's parents would spoil the big "surprise" in TRoS. What else in left in that film?
>>
>>123719589
the biggest suprise would be competent writing
>>
>>123719106
a little girl that is mando's “package" is rey
>>
File: 1515345114079.jpg (52 KB, 700x400)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>123719422
>hire Benicio Del Toro, a very good and fairly well-respected actor
>make him play a stuttering sneak
>make him a master codebreaker and hacker for no reason at all, in a way that the movie itself neither foreshadows nor builds up to
>have him randomly betray the Rebels, just because
>don't bring him back for Episode 9

You know there is a lot of pointless bullshit in TLJ, but I'm coming around to the idea that Benicio's character is the most pointless bullshit of them all. He literally does not matter at all in the grand scheme of things, he has no arc, and his actions don't seem like they're going to have any lasting consequences or repercussions.
>>
>>123719666

Yeah, could be. Sounds even cheaper than Fett doing a Carrie.
>>
>>123719677
It's like Stallone in Guardians. Something to make your kids/nephews/whatever feel cool about. In the story standpoint sure, you're right. But as an actor I understand why he did it. Plus whatever might come of it for more work.
>>
>>123719666

There are two characters in the first episode. "Father" and "Mother", so maybe they're Rey's parents. But they are in multiple episodes, so they and baby Rey would be a season long arc.
>>
>"saw the pilot. it's good. really, really fucking good."
t. disneyshill
>>
File: Mando Father Mother.jpg (256 KB, 800x605)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
Bernard Bullen as "Father"
Alexandra Manea as "Mother"
>>
>>123720048
i will second the decleration of "mommy" in this case
>>
File: 1572322227084.jpg (103 KB, 642x570)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
So if Mando is Boba Fett, could this mean that IG-11 is secretly IG-88 who somehow managed to upload a copy of his mind/memory in a new IG model?

Either way, what fucking asspull lol. Was really hoping this wasn't him in case the writing gets shitty and fucks up the character in later episodes/seasons, but whatever.
>>
>>123720048
Those are two parents carrying the boy in the Clone Wars flashback scenes.
And if said boy was the Mandalorian, then that automatically refutes any chances of him being Boba Fett since their backstories wouldn't align in the slightest.
>>
It's a woman
>>
>>123720732
What character? I’m almost inclined to believe this because they keep saying it’s a new character anyone can watch. Boba Fett wasn’t a character, he was eye candy. They’re technically telling the truth.
>>
>>123716493
So he’s not really a chick under the helmet?
>>
>>123720948
He is (or rather, was) an established character in the old EU, and seeing Disney's dogshit track record with their fanbase right now, it would be in their bests interest to leave most of the OT characters alone. They already ruined the main OT3 big time, they don't need to ruin the minor ones as well.
>>
>>123717788
The facf th se t Disney got the major characters played by their original actors all together in a movie for the first time in 2 decades just to kill them off and the reaction from fan outrage was thst it wasny for fans of the originals
>>
>>123716935
He got Slave II. I think he had four of them.
>>
>>123721116
>he thinks its stupid that they killed off Han Luke and Leia

Ford wanted to GTFO and would've never come back for TFA unless if they agreed to kill him off.
And Carrie Fisher's already fucking dead.

They're killing them off because the actors are getting old, simple as that.
The real problem was that they completely fucking butchered their legacies and all of the accomplishments from the OT. That, or they should've never featured them at all and the ST should've taken place some 50+ years after RoTJ so that they were all long-gone from the getgo.
>>
here's why it won't be Boba under the helmet: they were already on a war-path to soft-reboot everything with more feminist and diverse nucharacters. the only character they want to maintain from the OT is leia, and they will do it through CG after the old leia dies. we already know Boba Fett is a bad guy who worked for Vader, and we already know Boba Fett died. so there's no point in building a series around it. the only reason they would do it is to milk money from the OT fans who love Boba Fett for being "badass". and given how cynical disney is, that's probably what they are doing. but if you think about long-term, they can stretch the series out longer if it's not Boba than if it is. if it's Boba Fett then the series maxes out after 1 season.
>>
>>123717837
>no, u!

KYS faggot
>>
>>123721275

>we already know Boba Fett died. so there's no point

Sheev in the next movie says hi.
>>
What if Disney recycled the plot premise for 1313 and turns out he's actually an amnesiac Boba Fett?
>>
>>123718239
Remember all the insistence that Benedict Cumberdick wasn't Khan? I still think OP is LARPing and lying for attention, but still.

Anyway, who cares? Fuck DisneyWars.
>>
>>123720732
Everyone will probably be glad it's not IG-88 after they hear Taika's voice acting
>>
>>123721364
don't call it a comeback
>>
>>123721116
I see. You really ARE retarded. Here's your (you) for playing.
>>
>>123721436
Or the Taika VA is IG-88's attempt at putting on a Jar Jar act to fool those around them.
None of this shit's gonna happen though.
>>
>>123716651
90% because Mouse needs watercooler monopoly through December to reassure stockholders about streaming debts. They need a BUZZ ENDING from the gate. This ain't Apple+.
>>
>>123717675
It takes hundreds of years to be killed by it, someone could just rescue him. IG-88 could rescue him
>>
>>123717205
The fact that they systematically slightly changed stuff while doing the exact same thing indicates that there is definitely a money thing going on . Iwouldn't be surprised if Lucas added some clause where he'd retain a percentage on old stuff merchandise, not because he's greedy but to force Disney to create new stuf instead of rehashinh his movies. (((Disney))) worked around this problem by tweaking his designs just a little, just a red strip and we are done. And the character are just the same with a different name. Setting the Mandalorian after ROTJ makes no sense. judging from how it looks, it's meant to take place during the Empire vs rebels.
>>
>>123721741
Not OP, but your comment makes enough sense that they probably shoe-horned this in after the fact for that very reason. I'd bet he was never intended to be Fett, but like you guess, they want the watercooler monopoly and this would do it.

Too bad it won't work though. Many of us have walked away and refuse to return. After they destroyed Luke and casually threw Ackbar out an airlock, I have NO faith in DisneyWars ever paying respect to any character ever again.
>>
>>123721741
>>123721949
>watercooler monopoly
don't they already have people talking about their products all the damn time?
>>
>>123716493
>The Mando is super mysterious. He doesn’t tell anyone his name in the present or the flashback scenes.
>He
>Implying Disney won't pull the gender misdirection trope again
>>
>>123721941
Jesus dude, are you STILL at this shit??

ITS MALIBU STACEY WITH A NEW HAT

It has NOTHING to do with paying Lucas, it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that there is already over 40 years of merchandise floating around out there, and TONS of fans who still buy merch have tons of this shit already. They make it different enough to get these fans to buy ANOTHER variation of the same toy they have tons of. The last AT-ST went on deep clearance, so the newest one has a new paint job and an exclusive never-before-made alien packed with it.

Fucking shut up already. You keep defending that stupid "paying Lucas" rumor with nothing to back it up. THIS is why designs are different.
>>
>>123721741
>the mouse needs watercooler monoply

Or they could, you know, achieve that by making something that's actually good? Can you imagine? Fucking Disney finally making good Star Wars entertainment after the clusterfuck that was TLJ, their shitty side-movies, their failed theme park, failed merchandising, after angering all the fans and etc? That alone would generate watercooler talk.
>>
>>123721999
>doesn't get how marketing works
>>
>>123716493
>Entire narrative told in flashbacks
DROPPED
I hate this fucking meme technique. It's so overused.
>>
>>123721941
The real reason is because Bad Robot doesn't get any money from any of the old stuff, but they do get money on the new and redesigned shit. It's done so Jew Jew and his merry band of retards can make even more money off of Star Wars. They did the same thing to Star Trek and are probably going to do the same thing to DC's properties when he gets his hands on them.
>>
>>123718311
>>123718378
>>123718457
>>123719336
It's not Disney or Kennedy who oversaw the original pitch, the pilot script, and the episode scripts, it was 100% Favreau. Which is why he didn't have time to direct the entire series.

By March 2019, probably by Christmas, Disney will announce that Favreau and Feige are overseeing the next trilogy and the SWU. Disney is just waiting for Mandalorian to be a huge success. It will be. And they'll probably tie it into RoS somehow too, a last second credits insert. Kennedy will stick around as a female cardboard exec, her tenure redeemed by Fav and Feige, mostly Fav, saving her ass.
>>
>>123722080
>but they do get money on the new and redesigned shit.

They are a Work For Hire company. Just because they got that deal on Star Trek does not mean the same deal exists for Star Wars. JJ was hired to revitalize Star Trek and that was the carrot on the stick. Star Wars was under Disney, and they did not need the same level of revitalization, and Disney is not one to give money away.

EVERYTHING is "slightly different because that's how you keep superfans buying new versions of toys. THE SAME THING is done with Marvel, and every character has a slightly different costume every film, and Marvel has nothing to do with JJ. This is the Malibu Stacey With New Hat routine that everyone is doing these days.
>>
>>123722107
>By March 2019, probably by Christmas

It's way past March 2019, retard.

>It's not Disney or Kennedy who oversaw the original pitch,

So, you were in the room and know what Kennedy is doing? Alrighty then. My dad also works for Nintendo.
>>
I seriously fucking doubt the MC is Boba Fett.
But I wouldn't put it past them introducing Boba as a rival/antagonist for the season finale.
>>
>>123722179
>Star Wars was under Disney, and they did not need the same level of revitalization, and Disney is not one to give money away.
Yes but you quickly forgot that Lucasfilm is run by Kathleenkennedy who is a close friend. She even begged him to do Star Wars so he had some leverage to impose his conditions. Lucasfilm guys were pissed because he was working with Bad Robot instead of them.
>>
>>123716628
>knew it was Boba
Oh wow Boba, the guy that got killed easily by luke like a bitch... even the Ewoks put up a better fight
>>
>>123716691
I'll take a loli over a shota
>>
I want to see it.
>>
>>123722334
Lucas had more plans for Bobba Fett. He wanted to make six movies instead of 3 but he got burned out after ESB and decided to finish with ROTJ and Boba fett had to be ditched.
>>
>>123722334
Wheres the beak?
>>
>>123722334
that was Han you nitwit
>>
>>123722380
How the fuck is she 55?!
>>
File: dirty.jpg (68 KB, 553x391)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>123722380
I'll download it and report. I don't think it will piss anyone off like the sequels did but I suspect it will be bland like Rogue One.
>>
>>123721999
>>123721949
If it is Boba, this is guaranteed to happen (because Favreau has enough savvy and talent to make it >> JJwars):
>biggest TV story of the fall, no serious competition either
>"Star Wars is back!" on the small screen? thinkpieces
>boost in box office and geek shill site support for RoS, raises all boats etc
>top episode(s) on rarbg and Pirate Bay for months, and this shit matters to any streamer, it's a strange form of bragging because it can't be bought or spun, it means young males worldwide are captivated
>Disney+ has a highly memorable good faith start that causes Netflix to ante up
>Rian cancelled, geeks celebrate, like Disney+ even more for domino effect

I fucking hate Mouse and want JJ v8 but I'll download this shit if it's Boba and at least a 7/10 pilot. If it's not, and just a Rey bait, that's it for me, never again.
>>
>>123722387
what were the 2nd 3 going to be about
>>
>>123722436
I don't know but Bobba Fett had a huge part.
>>
>>123716493
Wouldn't it make more sense for Pedro's character to be a rival to Fett?
>>
>>123722057
If it's not Boba, that means Iger & Co. don't give af about SW, and have a Draconian agenda in store. But if it IS Boba, then it WILL be good, dude. Favreau knows how rek the IP is, he knew this when he developed it from scratch without any advance money. Iger has been displeased with Kennedy and Captain Marvel, he's evil himself, but he's very very legacy and shareholder conscious.

If it's Boba, the pilot will be a must watch, for quality not just nostalgia. After the pilot? Who knows.
>>
File: 1535128251522.jpg (443 KB, 1024x683)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
>>123722107
>Disney is just waiting for Mandalorian to be a huge success. It will be.

I'm not smarter than a 5th grader, the post™
>>
>>123716493
>disney marketing shill thread
>>
>>123722319
Okay, and what the fuck does any of that have to do with what we're talking about? They paid him his salary. There is NO evidence as to what's in his contract regarding merchandise, but you little bitches run around talking shit like it's gospel. Disney didn't pay 4Billion just to give it away.
>>
>>123722512
Bob Iger failed completely by giving full reign over a boy franchise to a radical feminist raised by 60s-70s femlib movement. The bitch only have daughters and send them to girl schools. She probably aborted the males.
>>
>>123722387
>Bobba
>acts like typical neckbeard knowitall

You don't know what you're talking about. Go back to plebbit.
>>
>>123722225
Favreau wrote this show on spec, meaning without authorization or any money. He then brought it to Iger, whom he worked with on Jungle Book and Lion King, both grossed $1 billion for Disney. He got the greenlight from Kennedy because Iger runs Disney+. This is basically mainline history fag.
>>
>>123722556
>Disney didn't pay 4Billion just to give it away.
All the SW movies went through extensive and expensive reshoots. Disney doesn't seem to be afraid of throwing hudreds of millions out the window so I won't be surprised if JJ got away with lots monies
>>
>>123722557
Kennedy was recommended by Lucas by way of Spielberg to Iger. Spielberg and Kennedy recommended JJ to Iger.

Att, Iger was riding so high off Marvel, that he wasn't hands on. He has been for the first time on Mandalorian. He vetted Favreau the way Spielberg vetted JJ. He knows the stakes now, with RoS tracking poorly and TLJ a major optics fuckup.
>>
>>123716876
Source on pic?
>>
>>123722421
Okay, here's the FACTS:

There will ALWAYS be shill media sites claiming whatever Disney spews out is the GREATEST EVAR! because that's how a lot of these hack "journalists" make their living, and they don't want to lose their access to early screeners and premieres. I can GUARANTEE you there will be someone somewhere claiming this is a "10/10 MUST SEE!!!!!!!!"

Truth is: I DONT CARE. The Mandalorian could literally BE a 10/10 masterpiece, and I will STILL refuse to watch it. This is on principle. They have shit so hard upon not just the OT characters but the fanbase as well. I literally REFUSE to give them my attention. I have lived my entire life without seeing The Mandalorian, and nothing will change if I continue to not watch it once it's out. I got by just fine before, and I will after as well.

I am FREE. All of this trash in the past few years, the screeching, the hatred, the constant political agendas have made me walk away entirely. The Last Jedi was LITERALLY The Last Straw for me. I made a vow. And I am keeping to it.

I expect people to say that E9 and Mandalorian and every other piece of DisneyWars is 10/10 kino (or good, or not that bad, whatever). The truth is I am free from the lies, and I no longer care. I have friends I respect who like Rogue One, but I think RO is garbage (poorly written, characters make dumb decisions, fucking shutdown switch outside in the wide open where a blind man can find it *stupid*!)

No amount of shilling, no amount of "you GOTTA see this!", not even my good friends can get me back to support a single fucking thing that Disney does with Star Wars. Everything Disney era is and forever shall be dead to me. I'm just here to spit on the corpse and be heard by the marketers trolling these forums for their corporate masters.

Come with me. It is the only way.
>>
>>123722484
>Wouldn't it make more sense for Pedro's character to be a rival to Fett?

This tbqh. IMO I always had the impression they were going to go for something like this as soon as Not-Boba Fett and Not-IG-88 were introduced.
So basically something like
>Mandalorian (good guy) vs Boba Fett (bad guy)
>IG-11 (good guy) vs IG-88 (bad guy)
So I suspect we'll see the OGs occasionally show up to make cameos, get into a few fights with the donut-steel OCs, maybe have them thwarting their plans in an episode or two but that's it.
That way boomers still get see their precious OT characters without the possibility of Disney/Favreau, etc. bastardizing their characterization, backstories or movies like Disney did with Luke, Han and Leia for the ST. And Disney still gets away with making, creating and selling more merch.

And it seems like this is pretty likely since Filoni already implied they're doing something like that in several recent interfiews.
>>
>>123722591
>Disney knows the ire fans have for KK
>Look Guize, KK not involved with this! PLEASE come back!

Okay buddy.
>>
>>123722720
Actually Bob Iger said himself that he doesn't get involved, but for Star wars he was very involved because it was important and he said he didtched Lucas stories to let JJ make a reboot. He saw what was oing on and let KK do it. It doesn't matter that Lucas hired KK. Once she betrayed him, it became clear that he made a mistake. Bob Iger choose KK and JJ aover George Lucas, he's 100% responsible. Hiring Favreau and Feige now is laready too late.
>>
>>123722825
By fucking the sequels the way they did, Disney broke something. The sequels should have been the spine of the franchise, and everything around it would be bonus. Instead they went full retard full SJW feminazi on the most important story. Now a lot of fans don't want anything to od with n-wars
>>
>>123722967
>Hiring Favreau and Feige now is laready too late.
>Feige

HEY KIDS, CHECK OUT CAPTAIN AMERICA'S ASS!!!!!

Yeah, Feige is NOT the savior people think he is.
>>
>>123723061
I know that the MCu went woke since Captain Marvekl but it seems to bet he work of Victoria alonso rather than feige. Anyway Star Warsis the wokest franchise of them all and I don't see how they can fix this nuclear wasteland
>>
I can't wait to see more brave poc and females getting together to fight some evil white males, hell yeah!
>>
>>123723223
They're making a song and dancing about having Gina Carano and some asian actress in the show. DIsney is a pathetic company that only thinks in "demographics" and finacial projections. there isn't a more soulless studio.
>>
>>123723169
>MCu went woke since Captain Marvekl
It was woke long before that. Seems to have started around Whedon's first Avengers and progressively got worse. Thor Dark World had women openly groping Thor's chest on the subway. Thor Ragnarok had him validating Valkyrie and utter the line "it's about time". Starlord was a likeable oaf but became utterly cucked, belittled and kicked in the nuts. Every male in End Game was either turned into a buffoon or sexualized (except RDJ since it was his Swan Song) but the women were all "in charge". It's been a very steady progression. Captain Marvel was just the first fully overt woke, but it's been there for years. Go back and watch if you dare.
>>
>>123723373
He-here's your Star wars toy son.
>>
>>123723373
The whole reason this company exists is because of how soulless they are. These threads are like people moaning that mcdonalds isn’t as gourmet as burger king
>>
>>123722825
Based, I’m right there with you - but I‘m still probably gonna watch the shit.
>>
You guys would have been miserable in the 90s with all the “girl power” forced marketing in everything
>>
>>123716493
>there’s a new star wars story! New! No nostalgia
>btw it’s boba fett
BRAVO FAVREU
>>
>>123723578
This. You can really tell how many of these fucks are zoomers with all of their bitching about female characters and black minority roles. This shit was also common as fuck in the 90's. The only difference is that social media didn't exists so everyone couldn't share their annoyingly shitty opinions on the matter.
>>
>>123717600
Something dutch probably.
>>
did boba fett actually die when he fell in rotj?
i always thought that was weird for them to just kill him of like that
>>
>>123716493
/shill/thread mods are lazy
>>
>>123723665
It was not the same at all fucking shill, it started with Buffy and Xena, yes but there was not that anti-white male agenda. Heroes were still mostly white males, and they were not shitted on. Disney Wars literally kills all white males or make them nazis. And that's why we still got Lord of the Rings at the very begining of this century, which would be literally impossible today.
>>
>>123723824
I can cite all sorts of examples but you’ll just tell me to go back and post /pol/ memes so it’s not worth the effort.
>>
>>123717600
what tha fuck
>>
>>123723900
It was not the same at all, you're probably a lefty if you can't see the difference between 90's shit and today. They clearly are accelerating. Your relativism doesn't fool anyone. And the same for video games, comics, etc actually.
>>
File: 1358098850981.gif (893 KB, 320x224)
893 KB
893 KB GIF
>>123716493
I seriously hope none of you genuinely believed any of this
>>
>>123724010
Watch out anon! The sjw’s are right behind you!
>>
>>123716493
>is that a vagina emblem on his armor?
Very progressive and pussypilled.
>>
>>123716493
>At the next to last sequence, the Mando discovers his “package” is a child, a little girl.

Good grief. This plot again?
>>
>>123724075
Nice argument lefty! WTF I JUST LOVE ALL MY FRANCHISES GETTING POZZED NOW!
>>
>>123723578
>You guys would have been miserable in the 90s with all the “girl power” forced marketing in everything

I was cognizant of it and didn't like it. I stopped watching Xena because I recognized it was bullshit. Things are worse now because there is a nearly explicit anti-White, anti-male bias motivated by an even more hateful variant of the ideologies of deconstruction.
>>
>>123724328
>my franchises
>my
>>
>>123723665
>This shit was also common as fuck in the 90's. The only difference is that social media didn't exists so everyone couldn't share their annoyingly shitty opinions on the matter.

It's worse now because of "Intersectional" ideology and Critical Race Theory.
>>
>>123716628
>>123716651
>>123716651
>>123716697
>>123716726

It will probably be the old switcheroo. You'll think he's boba Fett the whole time, but surprise! He's actually the guy who impersonates Fett. Fett is revealed at the end to be another plainclothes bounty Hunter. He wants his armor back. Goes to kill the mandalorian, but surprise! It's so e girl. Maybe it's that enfys nest girl from Solo. That's why the mandalorian took issue with the package being a girl, see?
Anyway. Boba Fett either doesn't kill her or she beats him.

The end. Boys btfo'd.
>>
>>123723665
Nobody would bitch about Lando being black, or Leia being a woman or Mace being black. All those characters were organically part of the plot like any other character. It wasn't "HEY, LOOKIE OVER HERE, A BLACK PERSON! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT WE PUT A BLACK PERSON IN STAR WARS?! GIVE US APPLAUSE!" Those were real characters, not just a cardboard cutout of a race or a gender.
>>
Disney already overpaid for SW you dumb fandom menace shits. Disney experts responsible for Pixar and Marvel buyouts said 3.5 billion is the absolute maximum they should pay. But Lucas was offended that SW is worth less than Marvel and demanded over 4 billion. Iger allowed it because he was expecting it's going to overperform just like Marvel.

There is no secret merchandise deal you idiots.
>>
>>123724486
>Mace Windu is a fully fleshed out character
hey George!
>>
>>123722825
I'll come with you, friend. Where are we going?
>>
>>123723527
Why, George, why did you sell your child to the (((white slavers))).
>>
>>123723665
You dumb fucking shit nobody is complaining about hot action girls in anime or video games. Because they are hot and fun to watch not some ugly as goblins mary sues designed to be perfect at everything and loved by everyone.

Explain to me how the fuck does it make and sense that Leia hugs Rey after Han died and ignores Chewbacca? Why the fuck is Falcon now belonging to Rey and Chewie acting like her pet?

Fuck off dumb shit.
>>
>>123717917
The latest teaser showed a shot of someone blacksmithing.

Boba made the replacement armor, that's why it looks so grey and bland.
>>
>>123724486
> “[Filmmaker, writer, and George Lucas biographer] Dale Pollock reports that Lucas was ‘still smarting from criticism that Star Wars was racist,’ so he ‘conceived of Lando as a suave, dashing black man in his thirties,’” wrote Kevin J. Wetmore Jr., author of The Empire Triumphant: Race, Religion and Rebellion in the Star Wars Films. “The irony is that Billy Dee Williams was interested in the role precisely because the character wasn’t specifically black – there is nothing inherent in the script that makes Lando a person of color, other than the fact that specified in the script is that half the residents of Bespin are black. Of course, in the final version, only two or three residents of Bespin are black.”
haha yeah, man
>>
>>123722825
>Come with me. It is the only way.
No.
>>
>>123724486
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-1985-04-06-0290050093-story.html
There’s Billy Dee Williams sounding like a time traveling sjw in 1985
>>
>>123724328
What color are your eyes?
>>
>>123724486
Lucas literally cast Lando because the actor was in blaxsploitation movies
>>
>>123724810
Blacker than unwound typewriter ribbon across a worn oak desk
>>
>>123718247
I have to agree with everyone else. Disney has shown what they want star wars to be. Its post Endgame now, bitch. There are no breaks on this fucktrain.
>>
>>123717287
Everything has to be brown/beige in Disney Wars, if you haven't noticed by now.
>>
>>123724810
The color of a rotten corpse, bloated beyond recognition
>>
File: han soro.png (185 KB, 400x674)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>123716493
FUCK YOU MANDORIANS!
>>
>>123723824
>girl in pink
>asian in yellow
>nigger in black
Why are the PR so bigoted?
>>
>>123724810
same color as a mother’s eyes grieving over the only intact remains of her daughter
>>
>>123724500
Disney got Lucasfilm for bargain price, it has Star Wars + Indiana Jones + ILM. How come they paid more than $7B for Pixar but LFm was only $4.2B?
How much money did they make from Pixar?
>>
>>123724810
a sea at dusk, but every crashing wave is full of the limbs and unscreaming mouths of every man lost in every great battle ever fought, names forgotten
>>
>>123724810
the poorly polished butt of a rifle crushing the skull of an infant
>>
>>123724810
My eyes might be brown, but I'm a proud Irish (I'm more than 2/255 Scotch).
>>
>>123722825
This, this so much. Thx to the tribe pushing their shit with no breaks Im Free.
>>
>>123724960
Pixar and Marvel had movies in production Lucas had nothing. They didn't even have a creative team. Disney had to make everything from zero that's why it's so fucking bad.
>>
>>123725056
>Irish
So, not white.... right
>>
>>123725181
thatsthejoke.bmp
>>
>>123716493
>and then the final shot of the episode is a zoom in on the Sarlacc pit and a hand emerging from below grasping onto the ground.

Liar. This show isn't about Boba Fett.
>>
I just got back from a press screening and I found some parts a little out there. There is a scene at the begging of the second episode in particular that I felt didn’t really fit and may be in line with this whole “disney” sjw thing. Caranos character forces the mandalorian to cum all over her thighs and the scene goes on for way too long and I’m not sure if the joke
>>
>>123725205
imjustkeepingthethreadbumped.webm
>>
>>123725113
>They didn't even have a creative team. Disney had to make everything from zero that's why it's so fucking bad.
he wrote script for the sequels and was willing to be creative consultant. That's the only team they needed but they thought they knew better.
>>
>>123725505
Lucas is a senile retard. Prequels are some of the most hated movies in the history of cinema. Are you really surprised they ignored his scripts?
>>
File: vCVIzBv.gif (162 KB, 384x288)
162 KB
162 KB GIF
>>123726321
Still better than Disney Wars. Battle for Endor is better than Disney Wars
>>
>>123726460
>camel poop is better than dog poop
>>
>>123716493
>It’s good. Really, really fucking good.
fuck off you Disney shill faggot

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.