[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Now that the dust has settled, how does it feel to know that Mike Nelson is what made MST3K work?
>>
>>117919530
It really makes me sad to see Crow and Servo next to some unfunny eceleb
>>
>>117919530
Pretty good since I've been binge watching riff Trax on Amazon prime.
>>
This angers the Joelfag
>>
>>117920682
Rifftrax is fucking awesome. Mike, Kevin and Bill have honed their riffing skills over the years, and they're even better now than they were in the MST3K days.
Rifftrax Presents is generally pretty lame though.
>>
The show worked before Mike came on just fine.
Although the absolute best seasons were the ones where Mike was in the writing room and Joel was in front of the camera

everything went to shit when bill corbett replaced trace
>>
>>117919530
some reddit cuck took over the show and is cringeworthy bad
i mean i wasnt expecting much but holy shit. every time he talks its like hes so desperate to be liked and get a chuckle out of his fellow cucks you can pratically hear him cream his pants

and while the segments inbetween the movies have never been the star attraction of the show, never have i just fast forwarded through them like i do with these new seasons

felicia day is just as annoying as the main villain, if not more so because she legit thinks she a superstar and oh so quirky
>>
>>117920682
I saw the Manos, Hands of Fate rifftrax in theaters and I think to this day it is unironically the funniest thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>117920977
You shut your whore mouth. Bill is great.
>>
>>117921046
As soon as I heard patton oswald was involved I knew it would be just terrible tbqh
>>
Is their live show worth going to? It's coming to my town soon.
>>
>>117919530
I liked Joel but the movies they played back then usually weren't even good enough to shit on.
>>
>>117921103
which is weird. because as bad as he is. patton is probably the least cringey of the new cast,. you know its bad when oswald get to comparatively shine.
>>
File: billd.png (99 KB, 592x552)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>117921089
Bill is shit and so is your crap taste. Trace will always be the only true crow.

also reminder that he is a huge fag irl
>>
>>117921141
zoomer detected.
I accused my parents and hanger 18 are pure kino, not even going to get into Fugitive alien or the gamera movies.
>>
>>117921236
fuck off, /pol/

>>117920977
I believe that each season only got better as time went on, barring the reboot. They mastered movie riffing by the time they ended season 10. About the only negative about the latter episodes is that most of the host segments are garbage.
>>
>>117919530
Saw him at a con. Pretty based

>>117921046
>not liking felicia day

Why not admit you’re gay outright?
>>
>>117919530
i always say this and CANADIANS have the fucking gall to tell me they can't agree because of his "politics." ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
>>
>>117919530
Couldn't agree more. I turned it off after 10 minutes. Why? Every joke was about tinder and shit like that. I just had an instant feeling they were missing the mark from go. Also let's not neglect Joel OP please
>>
It was always obvious Mike was the best host. That’s why I’m a riff trap fan and don’t duck with that gay ass Jonah Ray / Patton Oswalt mst shit reboot
>>
>>117920876
Some are. Some are pretty good.
Recommended watching:
Prisoners of the lost universe
Laser Mission
All the James Nguyen movies
Rock and Roll Nightmare
Superargo and the faceless giants
Grizzly
Psychotronic Man
Silent Rage
Incredible 2 headed transplant
Arachnia
Radical Jack
Future Force
Future Zone
Final Justice
Mysterious Dr. X
Miami Connection
Deadly Prey
Samurai Cop and samurai cop live
Man From Harlem
Sword and the Sorceror
Megaforce
Deadly Instinct
Attack of the Puppet People
Ice Breaker
Oblivion 1 and 2
Mesa of lost women
Hideous Sun Demon
The Last Shark
Bermuda Triangle (With Vadinho from Pumaman)
Breaker Breaker
House on Haunted Hill
Stone Cold
The Devils Hand
Magic Sword
Little Shop of Horrors
Ruby
Kingdom of the Spiders
Swamp of the Ravens
Buffalo Rider
Zindy the Swamp boy
And all of the ones with Mary Jo and Bridget for women perspective riffs.

If I haven't listed it it's either shit or I haven't watched it or it's hit or miss like the night of too many shorts specials.
>>
>>117919627
Also they have A BLACK!!! voicing Tom Servo now AWWW HELL NAW!
>>
>>117921236
Bill and Kevin are typical liberal boomers but they're still funny.
>>
>>117921131
Yes. Although I would recommend watching a live version of their riffs to see if you'd like it.
>>
>>117921089
Bill was always the better crow imo, bummer he didn’t join til the sci-go channel years.
>>
>>117921523
well you are objectively wrong as season 4 was far better then season 5 (partially due to the whole host switchup but mostly due to several lackluster films especially in mikes first couple episodes) and season 9 was better then season 10 easily

You are right about the host segments in later seasons sucking, mostly because Bill corbett was a shit replacement for Trace and bobo/brain guy were crap compared to the mads
Mike had better movies, but nothing will ever beat the comfy mid season 2-season 4 of joel. He was just a better host tbqh, but not necessarily a better riffer

>fuck off, /pol/
>implying that shits not cringe to anyone with a brain
yikes
>>
File: ew nigga.jpg (7 KB, 300x300)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>117921692
consider suicide
>>
>>117919530
How was this something you thought I needed to deduce 20 years later? He was head writer during the best run and star through more than half the best-of episodes. And it wasn't just he made more episodes. Joel was a sleepy-eyed, stoned prop comic. I mean, yeah, it was his idea, but his run was mumbling jokes and half-jokes, all while looking up and smiling at the camera. Pure happen-stance that the best episode happened while he was the face of the show, Mike wrote punchier, better jokes and him and two puppeteers (Trace, sorry brother, but you're sleepy too) delivered them with such timing and delivery that you literally do not notice that, on average, there was a joke every 11 seconds. Imagine that. I bet you didn't even know that. During Mike's tenure as the test subject, there was a joke every 11 seconds. On a show that ran two hours.

The man was a literal machine and he pretty much singlehandedly kept the fucking thing afloat for more than half its run.

Joel was a stoned mid-westerner and that shows now that he's bought the whole thing back and re-planted his flag in it.
>>
Joel=soul
Mike=soulless
>>
>>117921780
this reads so true and pure, how can anyone not accept its truth?
>>
>>117921780
>best episode
And just what would that be?
>>
>>117921236
I mean, it's pretty fucked up to play politics with thousands if not millions of peoples lives. It doesn't matter if you support the measure or not. She enabled Trump to establish concentration camps on the border.
>>
>>117919530
i can't even look at him without thinking of his pebis
>>
>>117922012
yeah fuck borders and shit. let free love reign. that'll fix everything. trust me.
>>
>>117921959
because I've watched every episode of mst3k a couple dozen times including ktma and the original lineup
>Joel, Trace, and weinstein
was actually the GOAT
Murphy has always been a try-hard and corbett is beyond pathetic
>>
>>117922012
>concentration camps
lmao just don't illegally enter someone elses country and you don't have to go. If only the jews had known!
>>
This guy looks like an absolute insufferable twat and I havent bothered with the new stuff.

Anyway, what's your favorite short?
>>
>>117922210
Spring Fever, Truck Farmer, or Hired
>>
>>117922104
This isn't a political thread.
>>
>>117921572
felicia no one whos not a dipshit or underage actually likes you
your not quirky or cute. and havent been for a long time.
grow up
>>
>>117922276
All great choices. Always felt that Last Clear Chance was an underappreciated one.
>>
>>117921046
As bad as the Netflix season was Avalanche was pure gold.
>>
>>117922282
it's never political, is it? until it's conveniently political, that is.
>>
>>117922395
Also a strong choice. Another one I just thought of is X Marks the Spot
>>
>>117921046
The Gauntlet was a step in the right direction. Honestly it's nothing incredible, but I'd watch a Season 3 purely because 95% of Netflix originals are garbage, and 5% are background play worthy.
>>
>>117922411
i dont remember that episode but ill check it out
>>117921627
thanks for the list, appreciate ya
>>
>>117921672
This. Pretty sure Mike is a christcuck but he is also funny.
>>
File: fedora png.png (262 KB, 900x675)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
>>117922521
>christcuck
oh hey I think you dropped this
>>
>>117922555
Nice trips; sorry I don't believe dead guys come back to life
>>
>>117922002
im guessing hes talking about manos
But the true patrician knows that the best episode is a tie between Catalina Caper and Final Sacrifice, with danger! death ray as an honorable mention
>>
>>117922742
Final Sacrifice is so fucking good. All the Rowsdower and Larry Csonka jokes are fantastic, them throw in Emperor Hauler Salasee, and we're in comedy heaven.
>let's go pose for Maplethorpe
>>
>>117922742
For me it's not the movies; it's the shorts. Of which the best is probably Mr. B Natural.
>>
>>117919627
Know what? The guy they use for the live tours as Servo is way better than the normal guy. His voice and timing are so on point. And he sounds like Servo.
>>
>>117922845
its easily the best Mike episode.
top 5s for each probably
>final sacrifice
>danger death ray
>space mutiny
>soultaker
>pumaman

Joel
>catilina caper
>manos
>moon zero two
>fugitive alien
>any of the gamera movies or hercules

Honestly joels is alot harder as season 3 went on for fucking ever and had nonstop 9/10s
>>
>>117919530
>how does it feel to know that Mike Nelson is what made MST3K work?
Everyone has known for years that Mike, Kevin and Trace were the lifeblood of the show. Joel is a fucking hack. Jim Mallon at least knew what the fans wanted and knew how to keep a budget.
>>
>>117923067
cringe
>>
>>117923125
Sneed
>>
>>117919530
Even Jonah is far better than Joel.
>>
>>117923721
Get that Reddit opinion out of here.
>>
>>117922002
How can you determine which episode is best in a series that relies mostly on referential humor?
>>
>>117922210
Money Talks and Progress Island U.S.A, a back to back masterpeice.

Posture Pals & Appreciating Our Parents is another solid double feature.
>>
>>117923058
Mike top 5: Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, Time Chasers, Pumaman, Final Sacrifice, Hobgoblins

Joel top 5: Cave Dwellers, Pod People, Manos, Eegah, Mitchell
>>
>>117923010
Plus he's not a forced diversity hire

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.