[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: jaime lannister.jpg (161 KB, 600x750)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>tfw some youtuber has more respect and understanding for a character than the fucking showrunners
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NSzl8DtdM4

>I never cared much about innocents anyway.

FUCK D&D
>>
>>114826870
Good video. It'll get buried op but I liked it
>>
oathbump
>>
can someone red pill me on why it's called d&d
>>
What normie retards don't understand is that saving a city and not caring about the innocents are not mutually exclusive concepts. You don't have to care about people to save them.

Trannies are just buttmad because their fanfictions didn't come true
>>
>>114827381
Dumb & Dumber
Damage & Destroy
Done & Dusted
>>
>>114827381
Two showrunners. One is called David the other Daniel but he goes by "D.B"
>>
jaime has been picking and choosing which oaths and morals to follow throughout his entire life. despite what people want you to believe, he does not have a deep sense of honor like ned, that's kind of the point of his character. if you read the books and can't see jaime ending up with cersei again, im sorry but you're just stupid. this is kind of like complaining about dany going mad... it was all there.
>>
>>114827381
GoT is a Dungeons & Dragons session, this is why characters are so inconsistent, they fail their rolls randomly. Also explains how magic works and why Melisandre fails sometimes when trying to conjure up magic.
>>
>>114827381
Its a name for the two writers of the show: David and DB. The first few seasons they basically just took the books word for word and translated it into a show, but once the book material stopped around season 5 they had to take what GRRM (the book author) intended and put it into their own words. It's why everything from season 5 onwards just seems rushed and not thought out. There are other scenes in the earlier seasons that they added themselves that also are out of place.
>>
They ruined jaimes arc when they thought it would be cool if ge raped cersei in the sept of baelor
>>
>>114827662
Eh don't talk such rot
>>
File: DANJULA.png (121 KB, 640x480)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
>respect and understanding for a character
>>
>>114827921
They ruined it by making him look like he raped her when it was completely consensual in the books lmao
>>
>>114827662
>muh books
Irrelevant in the context of the series, this was redemption arc 101.
>>
>>114827510
We know. The point is that the *show* considers those mutually exclusive - they just turned their back on it to wrap it up with as few loose ends as possible.

Show Jamie sacrifices his life, wealth and honor to slay the Mad King, fully expecting to be executed for it - only for the sake of saving the innocents of Kings Landing.

Now, after he's a reformed man who just risked his life to go North (expecting to die just by going there, let alone fighting off hordes of ice zombies) Tyrion sacrifices his own life to help Jamie save the innocents, and Jamie's response to the request is "I never cared much about them".

That spits in the face of his entire character. His monologue to Edmure about slaughtering Riverrun for Cersei was a threat, a lie that he struggled to conceal. If he cared more about Cersei than everyone else, he never would've left her last season.

Fuck D&D and fuck those who apologize for them.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
This video gave me such a kino idea.
>Jamie sneaks into Kings Landing
>Instead of going to the red keep to be with Cersei he runs towards to the bell
>As he rings the bell he realises that Dany is going to burn Kings Landing anyway
>Dany begins to burn the city and the very thing he killed Aerys for is unfolding infront of him
>The bell starts fading out and he begins hearing Aerys chanting
>KILL THEM ALL
>He then dies as Drogon burns the bell tower he is standing in
He effectively becomes a victim of what he stopped all those years ago
>>
>>114828563
You don't have to "care" about the people you want to save. There's something like decency and honor. At least in Western world.
>>
>>114827662
>>114828527
in the last books he burned the letter from cersei in wich she begged him to come to KL to fight for her
>>
>>114826870
This isn't a fucking mystery.

They had five books worth of story and a page of bullet points for plot points in the remaining two books.

You can actually spot the exact time they started to panic and said "fuck it, just do the bullet points" without giving a fuck about how to build to them.

These last two seasons are the perfect example of that with the hundreds of miles of travel and the development that would happen if better writers handled it as opposed to it being rolled out like a shit you can't wait to flush.
>>
>>114829304
I'm just wondering who these fucks think they are that they're too good for the most popular TV show of all-time after starting out in awful shit like Wolverine Origins and Troy. Yeah Star Wars is popular but there's going to be a three year gap anyway because they fucked up with Solo so that left plenty of time for two ten episode seasons for 7 and 8.
>>
>>114827662
>>114829089
Only nerds read, nobody cares about the books.
>>
Punished Jaime: a fallen legend
>>
>>114828941
Sounds better then what they did
>>
>>114826870
nobody cares about your shitty youtube channel stop spamming it here
>>
>>114829089
and? he's far beyond that point in the show. there's plenty of time for him to end up back with cersei in the books
>>
>>114828941
WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN
>>
>>114829504
Star Wars is dead. Only Lucas could save it by remaking the entire PT from scratch.

D&D will go in history as the hacks who revealed their plebeian nature once they lost the books as reference and then filmed yet another Star Wars capeshit movie.
>>
Kudos to Got it didn't fell for the nativity of the redemption meme.
>>
>>114826870
Subversion for subversion's sake is so dumb, it was so easy to pay off these characters in a satisfying manner, I have to wonder why they didn't do it? What motivation could there be?
>>
>>114830004
She asked him to fight for her in trial by combat you dumdum, she's gonna get executed and he burned the letter anyways.
>>
>muh violin music and quick cuts
get the fuck outta here
>>
I fucking love Jamie and I wish that he got a redemption arc and did all that he was, based on the arc, destined to do. I am, however, not mad about him not getting what I wanted him to get because that would make me a hypocrite. I understand that love trumps all and that, sometimes, no matter how hard you repress or ignore something, it is difficult to shake. Jamie tried his hardest to do what he thought was right and, in the end, he failed. Sometimes it happens, but to be mad about it yet cheer Dany's madness is hypocritical
>>
>>114829658
Based
>>
>>114829658
the post that saved /tv/
>>
>>114827662
Jaime is literally pov in the books. How can you read his inner monologue and not see that honor is deeply important to him?
>>
>>114828361
huh, wasn't it that Jaime tried to but Cersei ended up refusing him?
>>
>>114830168
Because he knew and realized he couldn't win even if he fought.
>>
>>114830349
Nah she acts like she's refusing at first but he touches her and she's completely wet and starts saying shit like "yes, yes you're home now" "Your home is inside me" and other mental shite while they fuck next to Joffrey
>>
>>114830004
I doubt it. She’s been fucking Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack and Moonboy for all I know
>>
>>114827381
Dunkin Donuts
the only thing from twitter caps that made me laugh
>>
File: putthisinthefire.png (57 KB, 914x315)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>114830525
>>
>>114827662
In the paper show Cersei wants sex next to Joffreys corpse and he does it reluctantly or he denies her outright and he burns her letter where she begs him to come back to KL
>>
>>114827921
it's been ruined since season 2 when he killed his cousin
>>
>>114830245
Why is it hypocritical? Dany going mad isn’t a twist for anyone paying attention.
Jaime not turning from a woman fucking other guys and being the embodiment of what he broke his vows to destroy was just retarded
>>
>>114830467
He knows she cucked him since Tyrion told him, he's not going back to her no matter what those kikes came up with for the show. And even if he knows he can't win, if he was so addicted to her he'd still go back to die with her like in this shitty show.
>>
>>114830467
His response wouldn’t be to burn the letter and ignore her if that was the reason you retard.
Stop the deluding yourself into believing he hasn’t turned from her in the books
>>
File: pottery.gif (1.54 MB, 323x233)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB GIF
>>114828941
sounds corny and too passive of a death. these sound overlays only really work for short youtube videos and don't translate well to the offical thing. at least with dying in cersei's arms you could say that the prophecy of dying "by" her valonquars hands could have been poorly translated and meant she would die "in" her valonquars hands/arms, that they would die together like they were born
>>
>>114830168
so what? he's pissed off at her. she can survive and jaime can still end up back with her. cersei isn't dying any time soon lol.
>>114830338
nah, i didn't get that sense about him at all. he's more complicated than just muh honor. he does anything that he believe is the right thing to do regardless of honor.
>>
>>114830609
His redemption arc hadn’t started yet, you’re just making yourself look like an idiot in your effort to prove that his arc doesn’t make sense.
A failed redemption arc could have worked, but it just felt wrong, like the whole time they weren’t sure what he was going to do, or wanted to just keep it unclear all the way to the end so it would be another ebin twist
>>
File: 1522620455278.jpg (65 KB, 500x364)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>114830168
>>114829089
Personally I see that as Jaime trying to have Cersei give up/move on from him. He also talks about how he's nowhere as good as he was before to win the duels.

If he really was over/hated her, he'd send her a message telling her to fuck off and die. By not answering, she could just think her message didn't reach him and go find some other person to fight for her, and supposing that person does win, she'd have someone else to depend on and might shift her feelings for the guy.
>>
>>114830627
Because there was nothing that indicated that he wasn't simply lying to himself. If you knew what love does to people, you would know how difficult it is to break out from under someones spell. Jamie stuck by Cersei's side after she did some pretty heinous shit, he simply lied to himself and said enough was enough. Eventually, in a moment, of weakness, he relapsed. Nothing unlikely about this.

Imagine the moment Tyrion told Jamie about the campaign in KL, the voice of Marcella rang through his head. "I'm happy that you're my father." In this moment, he knew what he must do
>>
>>114830749
>y-you can still interpret the prophecy as having happened
Fuck off, it didn’t happen.
>>
>>114830824
I said honor is deeply important to him, I didn’t say it’s his entire character. It’s contrasted with the fact that everyone believes he is without honor
>>
>>114830960
>Personally I see that as
You’re retarded, you don’t need to clarify further
>>
>>114830980
david&stern are drooling retards but they were told how the story ends by GRRM, how they pull it of is bullshit but it stands to reason that one of the main characters (jamie) acutally dies like this
>>
Ned Stark have a greater sense of honor than Jamie that for sure. But Jamie is a lot more interesting as a character.
He is torn between the conflict of the men he want to be, a truly honorable knight and the way of his family. Tywin doesn't care for stuff like honor, he just want Jamie to put Lannister survival at the top of his priority without caring of the action he has to take. The show raped his entire character arc, he was one of my favorite, but then he has been condemned to a Limbo between loving Cersei or going on with his life.
>>
>>114830962
>there was nothing that indicated that he wasn't simply lying to himself
He’s pov. We can see what he is thinking. He was going crazy over every scenario involved with her leading up to leaving her
>Jamie stuck by Cersei's side after she did some pretty heinous shit
Like what? She was just an incompetent schemer
>>
>>114831027
its not honor, its his own sense of what he considers right and wrong. he killed a king he swore to protect to save the population of KL, he could have done the exact reverse of that and justify it in the exact same way.
>>
>>114831118
I guarantee someone killing a mad Dany is the only thing this ending has in common with the real one.
>>
>>114830589
k i n o
>>
>>114831280
>its his own sense of what he considers right and wrong
Which coincidentally aligns with what would be considered honorable, like the great noble knights that he utterly idealized?
>>
>>114826870
>>
>>114831169
His ultimate decision to help her or kill her wouldn’t be a surprise if you could see him going down one path or the other for several seasons beforehand
>>
>>114826870
Like it thanks anon
>>
I'm sad Nikolai is already almost 50. He could have been a great actor if he got recognized earlier.
>>
lol fuck off, every scene which had him with cersei in this episode was comfy kino
>>
>>114828978
shut up you contrarian faggot
>>
>>114826870
Jamie was a bad guy though
>>
>>114832424
I've seen some of his earlier stuff and desu he wasn't very good lmao he's definitely gotten better
>>
>>114830004
We don't know what is going to happen with jamies character in the upcoming books. what we have seen is that he burned cersais letter and essentially rejected her. but yes he could go back to her
>>
>>114830749
>sounds corny and too passive of a death.
>but coincidentally fighting and killing Euron wasn't corny at all. And getting buried in a collapsing castle is totally an active death.
>>
>>114832984
lmao that's hilarious. Do you have any more? Me and the lads are having a good lol session haha
>>
File: 1533651368128.jpg (414 KB, 1238x2048)
414 KB
414 KB JPG
>>114832914
>>
>>114833225
While I think that anon's idea is still shit, just because something is better than the D&D version doesn't make it good.
>>
>>114833225
I'm saying that a voice overlay is corny as fuck and every anon would be shitting on how cringy it was, the thing we actually got is obviously dogshit and a waste of everybody's time
>>
>>114826870
Why the fuck do you guys think his arc has failed just because he still loves Cersei? If he did some fucked up things to protect her in the end I would understand but he just wanted to save her and his unborn child, that doesn't mean he's not a good man
>>
>>114833838
No, he's a cuck. Cersei is a roastie
>>
File: grrmversusdumbdumber.jpg (683 KB, 3768x1662)
683 KB
683 KB JPG
>>
>>114831477
This is the extent of DnD writing philosophy

>WHO IS BAD GUY?
>WHO IS GOOD GUY?
>WOT IF GOOD GUY BECAME BAD GUY?????
>>
>>114833838
It's not even the plotline, it's how badly it was done
>>
>>114829658
/lit/ btfo
>>
>>114833624
>>114833827
Please masters of cinema enlighten us on your ideas on how you'd improve it
>>
>>114834714
I don't watch movies
>>
>>114828527

He's acknowledging he never cared much for those people. Neither did Tyrion most of the time
>>
>>114833475
unironically one of the best things in the book GRRM wrote
>>
>>114834714
>you can't critique a film/tv show/video game/book unless you've made one yourself!
I don't need to have had sex to know that you should have sex.
>>
>>114835029
What a faggot you are
>>
File: aaron_GoT.png (1.3 MB, 746x733)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>114826870
https://mashable.com/article/game-of-thrones-aaron-rodgers-cameo/
>>
>>114835291
As always, the coping is tangible.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (68 KB, 597x641)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>114834997
The highlight of AFFC here
>>
File: 1531685283574.jpg (366 KB, 660x440)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
>>114835315
>>
>>114835445
I wish we had more what if? media, Rhaegar surviving and knowing what he actually meant would be cool, he would take the crown from his father probably
>>
>>114835445
Rhaegar was straight up a fucking retard
>>
>>114835641
I hate Rhaegar and I hate R + L = J
N+A=J and Sword of the Morning Jon would be 10x better
>>
File: aaron_rodgers.png (1.31 MB, 1092x639)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>114835475
Dragon
>>
>>114827381
It’s the name of the Showrunners, Daniel and David (two jews surprisingly)
>>
Why doesnt Jamie have any pages in the book- thingy? Dont they all keep boasting "oh Jamie is the best fighter in all the 7 kingdoms!" non stop the first few seasons?
So if he's one of the best fighters, shouldnt there be at least something?
>>
>>114836699
Thought this was because of his disgraced position as the Kingslayer.
>>
Now you know how us Stannis fans felt many years ago.
>>
>>114836699
His reputation as greatest swordsman is mostly through tournies.
He didnt really do much as a kingsguard besides stand next to arys and then stood next to robert. When it was time for him to step up and finally get involved in a real war he is quickly captured.
>>
File: 1555355586271.jpg (233 KB, 1280x720)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
I saw the vid and cried like a bitch and I came here to post about it and I saw this thread

I like you guys and I am glad you are my friends
>>
File: 1287530263626.png (3 KB, 184x172)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
Imagine if the part of OP's video where everyone is chanting Kingslayer - Kingslayer ended with Jaime putting his Valyrian steel sword through the Night King
>>
>>114835750
N + W = J is much more thematic though. Less interesting, but better for the story overall.
>>
>>114837294
>I saw the vid and cried like a bitch
man the fuck up, faggot. this is nothing to shed a tear for. if you're in a bad place get better but know that this shit isn't acceptable
>>
>>114837651
Ned + Wyla?
>>
>>114837947
I haven't cried about any of the other characters in the last few years but Jaime was my favorite character.

I didn't cry during the show at all, but I did cry afterwards when I realized that would be the last time I saw Jaime as a character.
>>
File: RHfE (1).gif (388 KB, 500x277)
388 KB
388 KB GIF
>Implying his little speech to Brienne about "saving everyone" wasnt to try and give himself some unearned heroism and justify his Kingslaying
>He immediately undoes this reason afterward saying "What if someone commanded you to kill your own father"

Heres the actual reason.

>Tywin pledged to defend the city against the approaching rebel host but once the gates were opened to them, Lord Tywin ordered his army to sack the city, as a show of loyalty to the new king.
>As Lannister soldiers brutally rampaged through the city, the Mad King, Aerys II Targaryen was personally murdered by Ser Jaime Lannister, a member of his Kingsguard.

As soon as Jaime learned his father was sacking the city, he joined in and stabbed the Mad King in the back.

He had done absolutely jack shit up until that point.

Had nothing to do with "saving innocent civilians" from wildfire. If that were the reason he wouldn't have waited until the absolute last second.

He never cared about anyone except himself and his family.
>>
>>114838312
this is the best explanation

you dont suddenly "save kings landing" and then go back to pushing kids out of towers and killing your cousin.
>>
The all point opf the characters is that he is balanced between his sens of honor/duty and his impossible love for his sister.
In the end he choose his sister because love make us do dumb things.
It was maybe poorly done but the screenplay couldn't have been different.
Also if you didn't forsee it in EP1S01 you're a brainlet
>>
>>114838168
as a man you shouldn't cry over petty shit like this. life will be a pain in the ass if you let something like this move you to tears. I've been doing so much better since I realized this
>>
>>114826870
Stay mad. In the end he was just a sister fucker.
Like Euron was just a queen fucker.
>>
Jaime's arc makes total sense, he was rationalizing his oneitis to Brienne and Tyrion. He just loved Cersei more than anything. It's kino.
>>
>>114838312
>If that were the reason he wouldn't have waited until the absolute last second.
Aerys was going to blow the city up if he lost, and if Jaimie just killed the Mad King without it being sure that the throne would be usurped Rhaegar + hand would have taken the throne and executed him.

Also if he didn't care about anyone but himself he wouldn't have left Cersei, he wouldn't have ridden back for Brienne and he wouldn't have joined the fight against the white walkers.
>>
In the Game of Thrones, you either Throne or you Game.
>>
>>114827381
(((D&D)))
>>
>>114838168

I feel you, bro. Nothing wrong with feeling inspired, connected, or empathetic to a character you've spent dozens of hours with.
>>
>>114838312
>Kingslayer of Aerys Targaryen
>Joins War of the Five Kings
>Defeated in the Battle of the Whispering Wood and captured
>Held hostage and had sword hand cut off, escaped and fled back to King's Landing
>Sailed to Dorne to rescue daughter
>Failed, held hostage, escaped and fled back to King's Landing
>Rode North to fight with House Stark and foreign Conqueror Daenerys Targaryen in historically questionable "Great War"
>Defeated, captured and held hostage, escaped and fled back to King's Landing
>Killed in the Evisceration of King's Landing by Daenerys Targaryen

Was he the worst King's Guard of all time?
>>
>>114838168
People like you is the reason I can't believe in god
>>
>>114827381
ding dong
>>
>>114838773
Rhaegar was killed already and victory by Robert Baratheon was 99% assured at this point.

Try reading the books sometime or at least pay attention.
>>
>>114839031
hes easily bottom 5 all time.

thank god that entire book has probably been destroyed. embarassing
>>
>>114826870
Good vid.
>Didn't use Bobby B's war story scene.
only gripe.
>>
File: 1548257916086.png (128 KB, 579x523)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>114826870

we could of had it all lads ...
>>
>>114835750
>N+A=J and Sword of the Morning Jon would be 10x better
Not supported the least by the books, tho.
R+L=J has been obvious since AGOT.
>>
>>114839104
>le books
>in 2019
>>
>>114826870
I'm actually still really butthurt what they did with my boy. The fact that people are saying his ending is great fucking pisses me off. How is him giving up at the last second, undoing everything he's done since his road to redemption started, a good fucking ending? Fuck DnD, I hope The Mandalorian fucking bombs and I never see these morons mentioned in Hollywood again.
>>
>>114828978
dude, stop shit posting. The other anon gave you a great post, and you come back with a 2 sentence shit post. Can you just fuck off for a while?
>>
>>114839104
>>114839298
Wait I'm not even sure what you're arguing. You/anon said he should have killed Aegon at any point and I'm saying he couldn't have until victory was 99% assured. You aren't disproving my point.
>>
>>114827662
If you read the books and think Jamie isn't changing you are fucking idiot or a liar. Thanks for showing us that you haven't read a single page past the first book.
>>
>>114829658
>goalpost moved.
that's the most reddit thing I've seen all day.
>>
>>114830960
>If he really was over/hated her, he'd send her a message telling her to fuck off and die.
yo are you friggin 12 years old?
>>
>>114838312
>Could've sworn allegiance to Jon/Dany
>Could've retaken House Lannister and rebuilt his House
>Could've had golden haired children with Brienne, the first female knight and hero of several tales
>Could've lived out his days back at Casterly Rock
>Could've potentially gained a seat at the council with Jon

What a waste.

I won't complain because his actual actions are in line with his character arc, and anything can happen fluidly, but his decisions were definitely unsound.
>>
>>114827381
Dungeons & Dragons which Game of Thrones is based on.
>>
>>114839290
wrong
>>
>>114827510
Why even save them if he did not care?
Forget Kingslanding, why go north at all if he did not care?
Why save Brienne from rape if he did not care?

Mouth breathers like yourself are the reason these assholes keep getting jobs writing
>>
>>114836837
Stannis dies exactly the same way in the books. The entire point of his character is that it becomes obvious he isnt the Prince that was Promised when its too late. Everyone in the books can see his Lightbringer is fraudulent.
>>
>>114839399
If you can't separate becoming more honorable from not loving cersei you lack thought.
>>
>>114837428
This is my favorite fanfic I’ve seen thus far
>>
>>114826870
This is the most retarded thing they have ever done. The whole point of his character is that he sacrificed his honor in order to protect innocents.
Fuck D&D.
>>
>>114826870
Why do you think he actually meant that instead of it being an emotional mask, like Jamie as a character has been since he was called the kingslayer? Are you autistic?
>>
Jamie care about people, he just didn't care about the people of King's Landing because they're cunts.
>>
>>114839715
>The entire point of his character is that it becomes obvious he isnt the Prince that was Promised when its too late
implying Azor Ashit even exists, he's the archetypal willpower over destiny character
>>
>>114835750
>would be
It's pretty much canon since the fifth book. Retards chose to ignore all the evidence and still believe Rhaegar is Jon's father but there is no way it's true. It never made any sense and it's even more stupid now.
>>
>>114839956
What evidence?
>>
>>114839608
>Could've sworn allegiance to Jon/Dany
>swearing allegience to the one who constantly talked about how she would murder the one that killed her father
>>
someone post the absolute kino greentext with jaime as azor ahai kingslaying the night king
>>
Still a better ending than he deserved. If WOW ever gets released Jamie will be killed by zombie cat as well. Suck it Jamiefags
>>
>>114839789
No he sacrificed his honor to join in with his father who was currently sacking the city

He had no honor after that
>>
>>114840127
Would've inevitably been serving Jon but either way he knew Cersei would lose, and its better than rushing to his death
>>
>>114839659
>>114839789
See
>>114839825
>>
File: 1518122462916.png (172 KB, 436x413)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
lads ;c

Im gonna miss Jamie.
>>
>>114826870
thats a bretty good contrast between honorable Jon Snow and Jaime who broke his oath.
>>
Lannisters deserve worse. Dany did nothing wrong.
>>
>>114840124
>Aegon exists and is the right age, he is way more likely to be Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. Jon is too young.
>Ashara is alive and Tyrion notices that she had a kid.
>Barristan confirmed that Ned fucked Ashara

And Jon being the sword of the morning makes too much sense. Dawn is literally lightbringer, it is described as the sword of light, Martin even said that the sword is waiting in Starfall for the next person who will be worthy.
Jon has been built since the beginning to be Azor Ahai who will fight the white walkers, it fits perfectly into his story. Him being a Targaryen doesn't.

What is there in the story to support the R + L = J theory? If you remove the vague feverish dream Ned had, absolutely nothing.
Jon never had dragon dreams, he isn't immune to fire, he isn't blond. He is described since book one as the "perfect clone of Ned" etc. It just doesn't make sense.
>>
>>114840146
Ask and you shall receive
>>
>>114839949
Jon is supposed to be the ultimate willpower over destiny character. He's the closest character we get to lowborn (other than Areo Hotah) and he is rising in leadership mostly through merit. Too bad the show undercut his character arc. Seems like the books will do that too.
>>
>>114840843
At least in the show he's the one Targaryen we know of who wasn't the result of inbreeding, it's reasonable to assume he won't be as Targaryen as the others. And Lyanna is Ned's sister, people can look like their uncles.
>>
>>114826870
Fuckin normies mad they didn't get their predictable fanservice plot. Season 5 on made them soft.
>>
>>114840878
the kino that we were denied
>>
>>114840878
This is almost as bad as the actual episode
>>
>>114840878
>implying the show needs more anime
>>
>>114841149
Sure it's not an absolute proof. Ned and Catelyn's kids don't look like Ned for exemple, except Arya. But it's still small hints and it adds up.

How could Jon even ride a dragon if he isn't immune to fire?
>>
File: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (13 KB, 474x266)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>114840878
Such a fucking kino ending.
And THIS would have been foreshadowed, the dude is called "Kingslayer" since S01E01 and we've seen him charge a fucking dragon straight up, he deserved to strangle his evil sister with his golden hand and die after disposing of the NK, in Brienne's arms, under the woodtree, whispering "Jaime...my name is Jaime..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvLlt6EKzfs

FUCK.
>>
>>114840843
Oh shit I read wrong and thought you support R + L = J. I actually agree with you. The show is more evidence against R + L, secret marriages are pointless and there is no evidence.
>>114841149
It's true people can look like their uncles but it's far more likely to look like your parents. "The seed is strong"
>>
>>114840878
6/10, did some child write this?
>>
>>114841495
Right next to Brandon Stark whose life he would have saved, thus repaying somehow his debt.
You can even still have Arya do the ninja jump on the NK, she'd serve as a distraction for a wounded Jaime to get a window on delivering the killing blow on the NK - much like Merry wounds the Witch King for Eowyn.
WAS IT SO FUCKING HARD, D & D ?
>>
>>114841509
>"The seed is strong"
Not Ned's apparently. 4/6 of his children look more like Edmure Tully. No one is thinking INCEST in this case.
>>
>>114826870
It would have been kino if he had died last season while trying to kill Daenerys.
>>
>>114841405
I'm not saying he isn't Targaryen at all, just that doesn't have 100% of it like the others.
As for the dragon they put Tormund, Berric and the other boys on a dragon to get them out of the north. We never saw Jon get scortched so as long as that happens I think it doesn't matter.
>>
>>114841984
fug
>So as long as that doesn't happen I don't think it matters*
>>
>>114840878
why don't we have more flashback superimposed kino
>>
>>114839031
Save me Bronn

Save me Brienne

Save me father

Save me Tyrion
>>
>>114842105
Because flashback superimposed is CW teen drama-grade cringe.
>>
>>114841684
It's true most of his kids don't look like him but they all have similar personalities to Ned and his siblings except Sansa and are all wargs, probably
>>
>>114841984
>they put Tormund, Berric and the other boys on a dragon to get them out of the north
Doesn't happen in the books.
It's funny how D&D forgot about Jon not being immune to fire, even if he was able to ride the dragon there is no way he could fight because of the flames and heat.
>>
>>114842159
>implying BURN THEM ALL ringing in Jaime's ears while Mad Queen Dany burns KL wouldn't be kino
>>
>>114837428
Holy fuck this would have been kino
>>
>>114840843
>Aegon exists and is the right age, he is way more likely to be Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. Jon is too young.
how is Jon too young if he'd been born during the war?
>Ashara is alive and Tyrion notices that she had a kid.
didn't Ashara throw herself off the tower of Starfall when Ned came to tell her Ser Arthur was dead? Tyrion hasn't ever seen her, much less notice that she had a kid, what the fuck are you talking about.
>Barristan confirmed that Ned fucked Ashara
when does he say that, quote it for me. they danced duringt the harrenhall tourney iirc and were generally friendly with each other which is why everyone, including Catelyn, assumed that she must be Jon's mother. no way >Barristan confirmed that Ned fucked Asharait would Jon's true heritage be this on the surface.
i don't mind the N+A theory, but the arguments you bring here are stupid and straight up wrong.
>>
>>114841591
Yes. This is the same phenomenon as TLJ where when you ask the people who hate it what they'd rather see, they can only offer horrible childish alternatives
>>
>>114826870
D&D squandered the shows potential by leaving out continuity in the final season, but normies are bandwaggoning on the hate to bash the show for not giving them the boring shit they also wouldn't have gotten if the show was great.
>>
>>114833838
Because it wasn't hinted or shown in any way, unlike his departure from King's Landing or everything that happens before which saw him evolving out of his relationship with Cersei.

Let's cut the wishful thinking and blank filling, D&D just killed him to end a popular character that didn't had any place in the ending they envisioned just like they did with Littlefinger.
>>
I don't know why people complain about Jaime really. Yes he went back to Cersei but he also proved that he was a good man. He showed that he legit thought saving the realm was more important than being with Cersei, that's why he risked going the North alone. Staying or not staying with Brienne has nothing to do with being a good man. The moment he and Tyrion hugged was the moment the show recognized Jaime's story had come to a conclusion. He had won that battle, he had proved himself in front of redemption. Was dying with Cersei selfish? Maybe but that in no way nullfies all he had accomplished.
>>
>>114842353

Aegon would be the same age as Jon. Both were born during the rebellion.

That poster is implying that Tyrion is commenting on Aegon's Septa and that she's Ashara Dayne.
>>
>>114842491
/thread
>>
>>114842491
He didn't saved anyone, he only used pity to hide his shame for being an incestous faggot and nothing more since losing his hand.
>>
>>114842353
The septa that accompanies Aegon is Ashara, the way Tyrion describes her make it pretty clear.
You're right about Barristan, but it still confirms that they at least liked each other.
>>
>>114842887
>>114842688
the septa is supposed to be Ashara? cool, haven't heard that one before (though i don't actively browse for theories). what are the arguments for this? i don't remember her having purple eyes, that would be a big hole in the theory, wouldn't it.
>>
File: The-Kingslayer.jpg (45 KB, 624x348)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
Jaime's arc was KINO and plebfilter.

Every heroic thing Jaime did was an attempt to rid himself of the Kingslayer name and also out of a desire to build his own legend.
The only other way he'd have wanted to die was doing something worthy of Legend, like fighting the Army of the Dead.

There would always be someone to remind him of him being the King Slayer.
- Ned
- Robert
- Catelyn
- Locke
- Tywin
- Daenerys
- Euron
(literally the last ep. He kills the people (personified by Euron) calling him Kingslayer and enters the dying city through a dark cave, to be with his beloved Cersei (ABSOLUTE KINO))

Jaime could not live in a world where a Targaryen ruled, serving as an eternal reminder of his "mistakes".
Tywin taught him that the family name is all that lives on. As Tyrion had already pledged himself to Daenerys and Cersei would never co-exist with Tyrion, if Cersei were to die, Jaime would have no legacy. So of course he'd go back to Cersei.

Having post-suicide-mission victory sex with a blonde amazon wasn't going to change him at his core.
>>
>>114828941
They should definitely had Jamie remember this when Dany torches the city.
It not being there in any way really shows how little the two kikes in charge care about this series.
The worst part is that the video in OP made me miss this series.
>>
>>114842242
Personality in ASOIAF at least isn't very genetic. Only Rob and Jon are like Ned. Sansa is more like Catelyn, and Bran and Arya are more like Lyanna from what we know of her.. Rickon is more like Shaggy dog although that may be just warg weirdness.

In the case of the Lannisters, we don't know much about Tommen and Myrcella because they are too young, but Joffery is actually much more like Bobby Baratheon than Jaime, Cersei, or Tywin. The Lannisters are calculating and usually unemotional, but Joffery is needlessly cruel and vicious, thinking nothing of politics or what others think of him. This is like Bobby B. who cares nothing about the sack of KL, the murder and rape Rhaegars children and wife and would assassinate a young girl if she posed a threat. He does what he wants whether it is to start a war, or bang every chick in the 7 kingdoms.
>>
>>114829304
>>114829504
I don't think they followed the bullet points, Euron is clearly too central a character in the books to just end up Cersei's side piece and that excludes all of the fuckery with Hightower, Bran's wolf, the Golden Company and Aegon Targaryean, anything Dorne related and so on.

I think DnD just used GoT as an excuse to make Rome and used the freedom and popularity they'd gained from the first 4 scenes to force GRRM out when they could and just write their own shitty version of Rome.
>>
>>114843130
The arguments are
>She is around the same age
>Is attractive
>Has given birth
Also it's pretty suspicious that someone as observant as Tyrion omitted her eye colour in his description of her
>>
>>114843130
He doesn't comment about her eyes. He says she's clearly more than she pretends to be, she's more or less the same age as Cersei and would have been one of the most beautiful woman in the realm in her youth. And that she has stretch marks from pregnancy. Maybe other things I forgot about
>>
>>114843188

based
>>
>>114843435
>>114843399
i don't know, this doesn't have me the least bit convinced. given that the eye colour hasn't been mentioned the connection is very strenuous. Tyrion would've noticed purple eyes
>>
>>114841387
Would've been better than what we got you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>114843605
Maybe. It would have made it too obvious though.
>>
>>114826870
>Jamie kills Cersei
>Daenerys wants to execute Jamie because she doesn’t trust someone that kills both a king and queen.
>Jamie sees Jon their, and asks to join the nights watch
>Jon gets Daenerys to allow it
>Jamie ends up as Lord Commander eventually.
>>
>>114843740
i agree, but there is no way around not mentioning it either and then going "surprise, this is actually the purple-eyed ashara dayne"
i don't think it's her
also i now remember the description of septa's milfy body, thanks
>>
>>114842787
You don't have to save someone to be redeemed. Sometimes your actions alone speak more than all your failures. Bran, of all people, (methaphorically) stood up for him when Sansa and the Mad Queen were about to execute him. That spoke louder than any dramatic saving would have.
>>
>>114843188
Jamie became the kingslayer because saving innocents was more important than glory. Him saying that he doesn’t give a fuck about innocents is bullshit.
>>
>>114839100
does the B in DB stand for bannu?
>>
>>114843260
I'd say Rickons wild personality is similar to Brandons
>Lannisters are calculating and usually unemotional
Tywin and Tyrion, sure. But Jamie and Cersei no way. Bobby wasn't a monster he didn't order the sack of KL, regretted the decision to send assassins after Dany in the end iirc and knocked out Joffs teeth for mutilating a pregnant cat. You have a point about both of them being primarily self interested though.
>>
We'll always have the books, bros. Right?
>>
>>114843878
If you're interested these guys explain the theories pretty well
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQrZpjVj947iED_JCrqwGFW1VkchOnl1f
Even if what they say ends up not being true it's pretty interesting
>>
>>114844179
He would among the casualties if the king nuked kings landing. It was a selfish act that just happened to be for the greater good
>>
>>114844499
Martin could easily change the story in response to how people are reacting to the end of the show.
>>
File: 001.jpg (76 KB, 1200x675)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>114843188
>Having post-suicide-mission victory sex with a blonde amazon wasn't going to change him at his core.

A damn shame, too.
>>
>>114844637
Nice brainlet retcon. He doesn’t give a fuck about being alive. He wants to save others, but is the kind to make a life/go or trade to do it. If he was only about self preservation, he would have never saved Brienne.
>>
>>114844902
>He doesn’t give a fuck about being alive
He wasn't so nihilistic at the time
>he would have never saved Brienne
That was 15 years later
>>
>>114844637
Jaime would always put the greater good above his selfish needs. That was shown even during this last season episode.

Swearing to Tyrion he would ring the bells instead of trying to fight the battle for Cersei = fighting for the greater good
>>
>>114840443
I often wondered if Jaime would get to learn who Jon really was, since in the books he said his great regret was failing to protect Rhaegar's children. Shame that didn't come up in the show.
>>
>>114827662
Tyrion is the son Tywin always wanted but could never admit it to himself who lets it out passive aggressively on Jaime who learned to come to grips with what he is. By picking and choosing different ideals he's not being selfish he's being selfless.
>>
>>114827662
Jaime even refused to kill Ned in season 1 because it wouldn't have been honorable.

Honor is everything to Jaime, he dreams of being a good knight who fights for the people. But he always ends up in situations where he has to make impossible choices, torn between his honor and his father/duty towards his king/sister etc.
And no matter what he chooses, everyone always hates him for it.
>>
>>114838048
Fat Walda
>>
>>114844647
Lads I'm going to see her onstage in June and I'm excited to see the B I G B E A U T Y irl
>>
File: 1554560404801.jpg (543 KB, 2023x1271)
543 KB
543 KB JPG
>>114826870
The death of the Night King should have been Jaime, Jon, and Theon vs. Night King (and may be a few squaddies). Jaime dies protecting Bran from a deathblow. Theon gets taken out of the fight early (presumed dead). Jon 1v1s Night King, but just as he's about to lose is saved by Theon, who gets the killing blow, before succumbing to his wounds.
>>
>>114845800
He's like Sansa in this regard. He wants to be the knight in shining armor that saves the king and kills the bad guys.
>>
>>114842491
Man i wish he went to cersei and begged to surrender like when he did it with the mad kings.
Then Cersei crying and seeing KL burning ordered to ring the Bell
>>
>>114846190
Sansa just wants to be a pampered princess though
>>
File: 1464661695232.jpg (232 KB, 699x761)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>114839608
Jamie/Brienne kids would be beastly. Wonder how many tourneys they would win?
>>
>>114846313
I don't mean that Sansa and Jaime both want to be knights. I meant that both of them grew up on stories of knights and princesses. Heroes and Villians. The knight saves the princess, they fall in love, and they get married. That kind of cheesy stuff that GRRM is trying to subvert. When they both finally get to the castle and become knights and princesses, their rose-tinted goggles are shattered.
>>
>>114844179
Yeah that scene was fucking dumb
>Got captured because the golden hand, when in season 7 he hide his hand by putting a fucking glove
>Him telling Tyrion that he didnt care about citizen
>Him telling Tyrion that Cersei had chance when he was almost killed by drogho when dany burned his army
Tyrion telling he was the only one was kino btw
>>
>>114846561
I never thought about it that way
>>
>>114846449
Outstanding eugenics - wasted opportunity
>>
ahem
>>
>>114826870
They could have made his ending kino with minimal changes.

He should've accepted that he was doomed to love Cersei but also understood that she had to die.

He should have killed her and himself and they would've left the world together the same way they came in to it. That's some poetic justice right there.

They could've even fallen out of the tower together like Bran.
>>
>>114846149
Nah, I wanted Jamie to die killing the night king. That way he would be remembered as a great knight, while still retaining the title of kingslayerz
>>
>>114845800
This.
To go even further : the reason he's not good at being a backstabbing cunt is exactly because he doesn't do it properly and loathes to do it.
Instead of owning the fact that he is dishonored for life and becoming a scheming rat, he always does what needs to be done but hates to pretend it is who he is.
In season 1 he refuses to personally finish Bran because of this.
He also refuses to ever backstab Brienne, and he's stupid loyal to Cersei in spite of her being an evil bitch.
His tragedy is that he is a loyal, chivalrous man in a world where there is no room for it - even Jon Snow gets killed for it.
>>
File: smug_wojak.png (115 KB, 634x697)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>be Jaime Lannister
>be repentant sinner
>leave the safety of the North in the hope that you can prevent a second Sack of King's Landing (after having personally witnessed the first)
>kid brother reminds you that you were the only person who showed him compassion as a child
>fail in the attempt and suffer a mortal injury along the way
>spend final moments comforting your twin sister, the only person to show her compassion before she dies
>brainlets: "bUt MuH bRiEnNe sHiP tHiS aRc MaKeS nO sEnSe"
>>
>>114826870
I don't care what the Jewtuber says but you could also make the statement for how Family bonds trumps honor.

Jamie threw it all to the wind to be with Cersei one final time. Tyrion did the exact same thing in the hopes that Jamie and Cersei would survive. The only thing that's going to save Tyrion now is somebody killing Dany before she executes him.

Jon is likely going to Kill Dany because she'll be threatening an assault on Winterfell if Sansa doesn't submit to her. Which will be another case of family bonds trumping honor. Ned hid Jon's identity due to a bond with his sister.
>>
>>114847106
would be plausible if he didnt just say "i never cared much for innocents" in a scene beforehand
>>
>>114842368
>Implying something could be more childish than TLJ
Not even >>114840878 anime tier cringe could be more childish or worse than TLJ
>>
>>114847354
it was an obvious bluff to bronn

is everyone fucking retarded?
>>
>>114827510
Jaime cared about innocents in the books, he saved Brienne from rape and a bear, and talked about how much he hated The Mad King because he had to listen to him rape his bride every night.
>>
>>114846968
I always loved the scenes between Jaime and Ned. How Jaime hates the way Ned looks at him, how Ned refused to listen to his side of the story. Because in the end Ned is basically everything Jaime wanted to be.
>>
>>114827381
Dew and Dew
>>
File: trollface-meme.jpg (47 KB, 640x420)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>114847106
hey pal

you forgot to post an appropriate reaction pic and posted a wojak instead

but not to worry

here you go
>>
>>114847450
yes
>>
>>114830472
Women get wet even during rape. Many often orgasm ruining their future sex lives forever. Have sex.
>>
>>114840878
>Jaime steps in between them, laughing somberly
>"Do you know what they call me?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoBa2SyvtpE
>>
>>114845800
It wasn't about honour, Jaime has done plenty of dishonourable stuff throughout his life. When he was growing up he dreamed about being a great swordsman like Ser Arthur Dayne. Ned was the one who defeated Dayne in battle so he wanted to defeat Ned in a proper duel and be the undisputed greatest swordsman in Westeros.

Getting defeated, captured and dismembered did wound his pride and cause him to become more humble, but he was never an honourfag to the core like Ned.
>>
>>114847450
bronn wasnt in last episode dumbass nerd
>>
>>114841269
>killing best actors and best characters
There's nothing left now except Big Strong Dragonmommy's death.
>>
>>114848244
i hope we get subverted again
dany sees all westeros continent inhabitans as traitors and schemers, kills avry last of them including jon
last scene is her on the dragon and unsulied and muslim sandniggers besieging winterfell
>>
>>114828941
When he takes a turn from the gates I legit though that he was going to try to ring the bell.
>>
>>114826870
>I never cared much about innocents anyway.
I mean, he is not wrong. Jaime barely cares for the little man, the normal civilian running around Kings Landing, but that doesn't mean that he wants them to all burn alive. There is more to just either being good or evil.
>>
>>114826870
>muh youtubers know that muh characters needed to do THIS dumb fight scene and say THIS cliche dialogue instead of THAT dumb fight scene and THAT cliche
This is why Hollywood panders to retards, because you spend so much energy bitching over a soap opera drama that there’s an industry built to bitch more
>>
>>114826870
Jaime was always a cuckold character in the show
>kills his cousin for no reason
>knows that Cersei has slept with other men and still loves her
>she tried to have him killed - still loves her
>she threatens him with death numerous times - still loves her
>She betrays him - still loves her
>he cares for his children unlike the books
>"I never really cared for the people in King's Landing"
The character was ruined since the very beginning. He never really gave up Cersei (because D&D had to have Cersei on the show because they are banging Lena behind the scenes). There was no arc in his character, no development. He just stayed the same Jaime as he was in season 1, but a bit more humble. Not as bad as the butchering of Stannis, but still - pretty bad.
>>
>>114848929
its not about him being good or evil, its about apathy. several scenes in the book and on screen show him to actually care, not just about being percieved to be honourable, but actually being an honorable man. so when at the end he says "lol no i actually never did care" that shits on his character
>>
>>114849772
wh*te bois can't be heroes if D&D can help it
>>
>>114850203
Jamie saying “I don’t care about innocents” is like Daenerys saying “I don’t care about ruling Westeros.” or Jon saying “I don’t care about defeating the Night King.”

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.