[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: twilight.jpg (217 KB, 1064x1500)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>gets remade every 20 years
>every series but the Original has failed
>hmm lets do it again but with a comedian as a host!
fuck twilight zone 2019
>>
All the episodes will be about opressed minorities and evil white men soo. its going to win emmys and have 99% on rotten. It will not fail.
>>
The 80s series is better than the original.
>>
>>109787763
I will fight you
>>
>joe smith is your normal every day white guy
>he enjoys a privileged life , money , and security that he wont ever be mistreated by a police officer
>until one day while on the highway to work he looks in the mirror and sees fat nog lips , a nappy fro , ashy elbows , and poop colored skin.
>he has become a black man
>and there are police lights in the mirror
>something so strange only possible...... in the twilight zone
>>
File: 5786857.jpg (51 KB, 476x418)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>109787763
>>109787787
the 2002 series is better than both
>>
>>109787990
it was a different time
>>
>kelly johnson is your typical white sorority girl
>she is a very sexual person and enjoys being liberated and free to choose to be with
>but kelly is ACTUALLY a racist and refuses to have sex with black men.
>Until one day , she gets into a car accident and put into a coma.
>when she wakes up , all white men in her life are actually black , and all the black men are white.
>what is a young girl in a hot florida campus to do in this scenario?
>Welcome. To the twilight zone.
>>
>billy robinson was a troll
>he spent every waking moment calling people names on the internet and degrading minorities and women
>He was safe behind a mask , hiding from the consequences of his hate.
>until one day , he slips in the shower.
>now every time he is in public , and makes a troll post on his phone , he speaks aloud the words of hate posted for all to hear.
>such strange circumstances only possible in.... the twilight zone.
>>
>>109788260
fuck off Facebook tourist
>>
>>109787787
them's fighting words
>>
>1800s plantation southern america
>amelia is the beautiful 14 year old daughter of the wealthiest landowner in the state.
>she is sadistic and abuses her young house slave william who is her age.
>William is bullied and called racist names all while amelia laughs and prods him.
>until one day time stops. Everyone is frozen in place except william.
>william explores the plantation as a man free of his slavery.
>he discovers amelia frozen in time bent over the bathtub with her cute teen pink butthole exposed to him.
>He touches her skin
>its warm
>he can finally seek his revenge inside...... the twilight zone.
>>
>>109787708
>All the episodes will be about opressed minorities and evil white men soo.

It's Jordan Peele, anon. You aren't telling us what we don't already know.
>>
>>109787708
>All the episodes will be about opressed minorities and evil white men soo. its going to win emmys and have 99% on rotten. It will not fail.

Oh, hello anon, I see you've never seen an episode of the original Twilight Zone before. You should check it out; it's a fantastic series, with numerous episodes dealing with racial oppression and class paranoia. Of course, it does so via allegory, so you might not get it upon your first six or seven viewings.

But might I suggest episodes such as "The Monster are Due on Maple Street" or the "Time Out" segment from Twilight Zone the Movie? You might educate yourself on the source material which was always, ALWAYS about progressive politics.
>>
>laquashia jackson is a extremely famous rap musician
>she has multiple grammys , millions of dollars and hundreds of millions of fans.
>she lives in a time where her music is loved by millions.
>until one day she awakes to a seemingly normal day.
>she drives to get something and turns on the radio only to find her billboard 100 station she listens to everyday is different.
>The only music being played is death metal.
>She checks her social media , and all her famous rap friends are all poor and living in the ghetto.
>she checks spotify , all death metal
>she drives home to her massive house and checks her award shelf
>"most brutal death metal performance : laquesha jackson"
>how could this happen anywhere else but , the twilight zone
>>
>>109787708
>poor fragile little white boy
>>
>>109788686
I think his point went over your head. They did it by allegory in the earlier versions but modern television lacks any semblance of subtlety so it will be shitty
>>
serling or bust, tbqh
>>
>>109788786
>but modern television lacks any semblance of subtlety

The Black Mirror. There, you're point is undone.
>>
>john willburk is a man who believes in justice
>He takes seriously the safety of his community
>he is what is known as "neighborhood watch"
>one night while patrolling his gated community with a fully decked out ar15 and gen 4 night vision.
>he spots something strange
>something that doesnt belong
>he lines up his sights , and pulls the trigger.
>in an instant , a blue light fills the area
>and john is teleported away to a strange room filled with strange creatures
>john is being put on trial for the murder...... of a juvanile alien
>Will john's legal argument hold up in a alien court?
>Justice will be served.... but only in the twilight zone.
>>
File: 1278629181638.jpg (5 KB, 155x143)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>109788890
>>
>>109788024
The only episode of the 2002 version I liked is "The Pool Guy". Night Visions with Henry Rollins was a much better early 2000s anthology show since it doesn't try to appeal to teenagers like the 2002 Twilight Zone did
>>
>>109788952
>>109788024
>The remake of The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street except it was post-9/11 so it was about a bunch of white suburbanites accusing each other of being secretly Muslim
>That awful sequel to It's a Good Life where they got a soul-crushed over-the-hill Billy Mumy to reprise his role from the original except now it's his son who has psychic powers and hijinks ensue
>That Jessica Simpson remake of the Talky Tina episode except it's killer Barbies and the twist is that the little girl is the evil one and not the dolls this time

Forrest Whittaker died for this shit?
>>
>>109788686
It made sense talking about that problems in the 50s and 60s because they were a reality.

Nowadays themes like that are used only to brainwash people to think that republicans are crazy racist people
>>
>candace lowens is a anomoly of a woman.
>She is black but belongs to the republican party. A strange thing in itself.
>She enjoys constant praise by her white friends and colleagues.
>she lives on a never ending high of appreciation until one fateful day.
>while getting her hair did , a flower pot hits her on the head and knocks her out.
>when she wakes up , her black hair stylist calls her a coon , she recoils and screams "what did you say!" looking straight at her.
>with a worried look on her face she says "i didnt say anything" and the second her lips stop moving , she can hear "dirty ass coon white wannabee bitch screamin at me during my job"
>candace lowens has aquired the ability to read minds.
>Is this a gift? or a curse.
>When she returns to her white friends she learns the dark truth..... only in the twihlight zone
>>
>>109789222
checked and gonna hazard a guess English isn't your mother tongue
>>
>>109788686
Oh hello anon, I see you've only heard people talk about the original Twilight Zone but haven't actually gotten time to watch it. You should check it out, it's a really fantastic series, with the vast majority of episodes, particularly the beloved ones, having no identity politics or 'progressive' politics whatsoever! Such as "Time enough", "Five characters", "It's a good life", "Incident at owl creek", "A short walk", "A Big Tall Wish", "Where is Everybody", "I shot an arrow into the air" and many many more! Many MANY more! With absolutely nothing to do with race or class politics, and people actually liked those! But do avoid a lot of season 5, when the creator admitted he didn't care about writing anymore. Coincidentally, that's where a lot of the racial allegories come from! Weird, it's almost like those were easy to make but not particularly good, and thus got forgotten while other episodes stuck out. Oh well!

And I see you mentioned "The monsters are due on maple street", but clearly haven't had a chance to check it out! Because, and this might be surprising in that Twilight zone twisty way, but whoever told you this was about Class paranoia misled you. See, the entire premise is that they think someone first outside, then within their midst is hiding something and turn on them then one of their own. Remind you of anything? Not quite a racial thing, but that twist is for you to see!

Finally if you would like to see some politics that are actually progressive in the show, may I point you towards "The Obsolete Man"? It's about a dictator, so I know you'll love it, but I think the twist will actually get you thinking! I'd say he was ahead of his time, but the truth is that the 'progressive' ideas are today are usually just woefully outdated.

Enjoy!
>>
>>109789331
no i just suck at spelling and barely made it out of highschool.

at least im having fun bitch
>>
>>109788686
>the "Time Out" segment from Twilight Zone the Movie

RIP Vic Morrow.
RIP Ching.
RIP Chong.

John Landis will answer for your deaths to the court of Highest Authority soon enough.
>>
>>109788890
decent quality bait
>>
>>109789373
>>109788686
Was Vic's character really what everyone was secretly thinking in the 80s or was he just an extreme opposite for the sake of the storyline? Because today alot of people feel the same way but are vocal about it
>>
>>109789350
I think the only version of Monsters are due on Maple St that guy has seen in is the 2002 version where they changed the premise of it to be about terrorists. Also, that version fucking sucked.
>>
>>109788686
>The Monster are Due on Maple Street
That was about society collapsing from very small factors I mean you could argue it was also about distrust among neighbors. But you'd really have to stretch it to be about race relations.
>>
>>109788686
>>109789373
>>109789428

Twilight Zone the Movie is like just under 50% a good movie. "Time Out" is so heavy handed in its message that it would legit have made Serling puke if he'd lived long enough to see it. "Kick the Can" is utter garbage and stops the movie dead and someone should have had the balls to tell Spielberg to fuck off with that Ultra Shmaltz that had no business being in a fuckin Twilight Zone movie. "It's a Good Life" is amazing on the visuals but way more obnoxious than it should be. "Nightmare at 30,000 Feet" is KINO. The Dan Aykroyd bookending segments and Penguin narrator help bring it up to 50% where "It's a Good Life" faltered.

Movie really should've been better than it was.
>>
File: DyLBvGbVAAAbv94.jpg (87 KB, 1200x942)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
how come nobody in this thread likes my meme twilight zone episodes

I spend time making them

you could at least give me some (you)'s
>>
>>109788939
not that guy but while not always "subtle" black mirror is a move in the right direction for tv, at least in the u.s the last show that was remotely like it outside of the syfy channel in terms of creativity/whimsy/unease was literally like the twilight zone
>>
>>109789625
The first one was funny, but you get diminishing returns when you reuse the same gag repeatedly.
>>
>>109789495
>>109789448
MADOMS is kind of about politics if you look at it right, but like the obsolete man it's actually much more a condemnation of the left in todays world.

You could remake it about Aliens inventing #Metoo on Twitter and have to change very little about the original good version. It's still about a bunch of people who read in a certain book that certain individuals are ___, and when that high is gone they turn to the next one and seek to destroy the individuals life. Of course obsolete man is a much better tale to tell about that, but it could work. Not that it will because Peele knows his audience and wouldn't dare upset them by implying they're the baddies, but it could next go round if this newest retreat of progress lasts another three years without getting forgotten
>>
>>109789754
>wouldn't dare upset them by implying they're the baddies

Which is sad since the original twilight zone especially if including opening/ending narration had no problem calling out it's audience if they were the subject of the episode.
>>
>>109787639
The 80's reboot of Twilight Zone is a very good show that is on par with Tales from the Darkside. It has more diverse stories than the highly praised Tales from the Crypt which 90% of episodes involve someone getting cucked and/or murdered with nothing paranormal or unexplained happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Znqt2b8CKQ
>>
>>109789754
Obsolete man was pretty great the first time i saw it. too bad they made serling remove a line in the closing monologue about God

>Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all.
>>
they have that faggot that made get out hosting it.
Already assuming its going to be SJW garbage.
Will not watch
>>
>>109787639
Like I've said, if they want to remake TZ, do it as a black and white retro show that looks as if it was produced during the original run with some modern CGI and make-up effects but not Alien/Blade Runner style shit. Adapt pre-existing stories, keep it 30 minutes and I'd be happy!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>109789754
>You could remake it about Aliens inventing #Metoo on Twitter and have to change very little about the original good version.

Fuck man, I would kill to see that, just to watch the media's heads explode in response. If Peele was half the crusading radical who challenges the social norm as he thinks he is, he'd go for it in spite of the consequences.
>>
>>109787639
>every episode will be Get Out and Us
DA BLCK MAN SWITCH BODY WIT DA WITE MAN
>>
>>109787639
Oh fuck off you cunt why could you not just let me continue to live my live not knowing this is happening? Is no fucking thing sacred?
>>
>>109791867
This is the third reboot of the Twilight Zone; fourth if you count the movie. Twilight Zone was soiled long before now.
>>
>>109788686
>Of course, it does so via allegory
The reboot will not, you can count on that.
>>
File: Orson-welles-clapping.gif (378 KB, 480x360)
378 KB
378 KB GIF
>>109788480
>>109788260
>>109788688
>>109788923
>>
>>109789066
Two things the 2002 reboot did that this reboot really, really, really, rally shouldn't do:

1) Remakes of classic episodes. We already know the twist, you can't out-twist the twist, and if the episode is considered one of the best in the series and thus worthy of being retold, then you can't do it better than the original, anyway.

2) Sequels to classic episodes. The series is an anthology and the stories ended definitively. Trying to tell "what happened next" undoes the often ominous or frightening conclusions that left you on edge when the original episodes ended. Also, it means that Serling quite literally doesn't get the last word on his own stories and fuck anybody who thinks he doesn't have that right.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORbseYAkzRM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CtjhWhw2I8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LHmigtLo4k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mioevxb2CfA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Znqt2b8CKQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5ow__n__oQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae5XwkSguNI

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.