[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: mr.robot.jpg (527 KB, 1012x1500)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
currently in the process of rewatching this, am absolutely convinced that this is the best thing airing right now (and one of the best in the history of television). storywise it's incredibly twisty and engaging, draws you right in and keeps you hooked. stellar cast, with almost all of the supporting characters being memorable (in particular i think the guy who played olly absolutely nailed the whiny, chad-wanna-be traits). on a technical level i think the only series that can rival it is mad men (i particularly like the way esmail, or whoever is dp, consistently puts the characters in the bottom left/right corners of the frame). the technical and story aspects have a distinctly fincher-esque flavour (esmail has acknowledged this). in conclusion, to anyone who hasn't seen it, i heartily recommend it. what are your thoughts on this, anon?
>inb4 cringe reddit trash
>>
File: wake.jpg (87 KB, 720x696)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>109784554
>3 episodes in
>gay buttfucking scene
>>
>>109784879
>le gays are scary
>>
>>109784554
it is pure kino
>>
>>109784554
I like it but I dont know why. I can't remember much of the story but last episode of s3 was orgasmic
>>
>>109784908
Nobody said that boyo

Disgusting, in the other hand, would fit them more
>>
>>109784908
>t. sodomite
>>
>>109784908
im sorry i didnt particularly enjoy the sudden explicit gay buttfucking scene in a series that has nothing to do with gay buttfucking mr redditor
>>
>>109784554
S1 is pretty great (if you can ignore some of the slight cringe)
S2 is not as bad as everyone says (except for the complaints about Dom, which are spot on)
S3 is trash
>>
File: 1547603546671.jpg (24 KB, 421x237)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>109784554
This reddit show is still on? Doesn't it have lower viewership than pic-related, and yet it's still on the air?
>>
File: 1543888228417.jpg (62 KB, 646x595)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>109784879
>3 episodes in
>pregnant bdsm scene
>>
>>109784554
Best show airing. I'm afraid it won't get a great ending, but the journey so far has been excellent.
>>
>>109784998
jej
>>
File: mdevsreddit.png (35 KB, 898x416)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>109785110
Gotchya covered, sempai.
>>
>>>/r/television/
>>
>>109784554
I just keep seeing “our democracy has been hacked” and regardless of what the story actually is, i equate it with leftist bs and find myself not interested in slightest
>>
>>109786776
See >>109785034
The first season is pretty great (especially if you don't know the twists). If I could do it again, I'd stop at the end of season 1 (it's a self-contained enough ending if needed). Everything after (especially S3) is reddit.
>>
>>109786776
you shouldn't think like that
the thing starts off sort of like fight club, in that it's criticizing capitalism and mega-corporations etc. later on it does a 180 and the protag explicitly says that his beliefs before were the result of "dormroom philosophizing" and that he was wrong. i feel like the show is very self-aware, particularly of the beliefs it ostensibly touts (at least in the beginning). so don't let that stop you, it's honestly a great show
>>
If you're a sec admin it's cringecore.
>>
>>109785034
>>109786921
i agree that S1 is probably the tightest and therefore best and you're right about S2 (i honestly like it a whole lot, almost more than S1), but S3 is far from being trash
>>
>>109784554
>THE UNIVERSE ELLIOT
>THE UNIVERSE!
>>
>>109786945
it takes steps to be at least slightly technically accurate, if played up and over-blown a tad.
>>
>>109786945
how innacurate would you say it is? could you elaborate on this without getting overly technical? i assume what you mean hacking is not as easy as it is displayed, which is fine by me as i view the protag as a modern day superhero. hacking is essentially his superpower and ofc it doesn't accurately reflect real life.
>>
>>109786999
based trips
>you know what Anonymous means? what you ain't neva google dat shit? dat shit's important
>>
>>109786981
I agree about S2, minus mary sue Dom (who basically kills any episode where she has more than 1 scene). I know it was slow, but I actually really like the first half of S2, too (the Adderall scene is one of the best in the whole series). But I have yet to meet someone who like S3, so congrats on being the first I guess.
>>
Do you think that they will pull out some "sci-fi" stuff with this chink trans plan or is this all going to end up in a big ruse?
>>
>>109784554
cringe reddit trash
>>
>>109787310
i just started rewatching s3 and i don't remember a whole lot, but from the talk of alternate universes in the opening of the first episode to that nuclear plant where dark army's building something, i got this wacky idea: trannyrose is looking for an alternate universe where he's a woman (he motivates the others by the idea that the loved ones they lost will be there, e.g. elliot's dad and angela's mom)
>>
>>109787272
>mary sue Dom
How can you say this, especially after season 3?
If you're going to use buzzwords instead of sharing an opinion, at least use them correctly.
>>109787310
It might be a sci-fi plot, but I highly doubt it'll be "time-travel" like people speculate.
>>
Season 1 was good
Season 2 was much worse
Everything beyond is trash.
>>
>all these people thinking season 1 was the best
You just know they think Tyler was the good guy in Fight Club.
>>
Like it a lot. S2 is actually much better on rewatch after seeing S3 because during S2 you're frustrated at how you're not given an answers to the damn questions, feel isolated and in the dark like Elliot, and want the fucker to do what he's meant to do, i.e. get out there in the world, hack, etc. S3 is very, very satisfying because we get the answers to all our questions, so rewatching S2 you can simply appreciate everything instead of itching to have the mystery boxes opened or wondering where the fuck Tyrell is.
>>
>>109787829
you've pretty much summed up my reaction, only i remember liking S2 much more than others did upon release, didn't mind that half of it was elliot talking to himself
>>
>>109787706
I do wonder if Dom's character was influenced by Clarice Starling. Some obvious surface similarities and character ones.
>>
>>109787878
I hope Ray factors into S4 somehow like Vera does.
>>
>>109784554
Has some solid moments with the plot twists and Rami's performance, but way too many problems to be kino. The blonde girl has literally one facial expression through 3 fucking seasons. Literally started skipping every scene with her in it and didn't miss much, and Darlene is only marginally better. And then the political messaging is so unintelligible as to become comic relief.
>>
has a bit too much sex and drugs and not enough tech and psychological intrigue.
>>
>>109787038
>>109787091
It makes a pretty good attempt actually but it's like it's written by people that scan netsec articles with a shallow understanding so they flub most of the details.
>>
>>109789340
>the political messaging is so unintelligible as to become comic relief.
Why do you say this? The show only pulls the carpet from under you politically once - after season one, when it's shown why the hack was a horrendous idea.
>>109789624
Did you not watch past the first episode?
>>
>>109790147
As an example in the opening of the very first episode it's implied Elliot sniffed out the cafe owner's cp site on tor. Sounds good enough on paper but doesn't pass the whiff test. Hidden services never actually transverse an exit node only outbound traffic does. It's a network not a proxy and this is why you're not supposed to use it as one.
>>
>>109790763
Tor users are notoriously stupid, I just took that to mean that the guy was leaking some kind of traffic out of the network which is what gets people IRL 99% of the time.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.