[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

with all due seriousness though, I just watched this for the first time and damn, I was expecting more

maybe my opinion was skewed by having seen Hannibal the series first; but the series is miles better, horror-wise, psychological-headfuck-wise, performance wise, just all round

Am I missing something here? I thought this was one of the greats
>>
File: Spoiler Image (340 KB, 768x432)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>>108414837
>earlier in the finale: "Hello Will. Have you ever seen blood in the pale moonlight? It appears quite black."
>finale: "Wow, I guess it really DOES look black!"
are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>108414959
that's not really nighttime mate, looks like the sun's coming up
>>
>>108414959
but Hannibal is so suave and cwl in the series desu

Hopkins just doesn't compare, maybe he's a little more menacing than Mikkelsen but still
>>
>>108414837
You also have to consider, early 90s was just the beginning of any edge we know today, PLUS the tv show had several episodes to let the insanity crawl under your skin. I am currently rewatching and frankly, I can hardly bear more than one episode at once because there is no room for breathing or anything and it's all so bleak and cruel.

That said, Hopkins had another approach to Hannibal in the first place. Mikkelsen is basically a stoic autist, a non-human. Hopkins' Lecter finds immense pleasure in killing, he expresses joy. If you really want to laugh, watch Hannibal the movie. It is very silly.
>>
>>108415880
Is it worth watching for any other reason than a good laugh? I'm looking for good horrors, matey, something that really gets under your skin. Thought this would do the trick, but apparently not.
>>
>>108416170
1991 isn't horror, it's more a suspense thriller
>>
File: Mason-verger.jpg (45 KB, 391x550)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
Still waiting on my Mason Verger spin-off series.
>>
>>108416344
Cordell?
Cordell?
CORDELLL!!!!
CORDELLLL!!
>>
>>108416341
I always heard it bordered on horror and thriller >>108416344
jesus fuck
>>
>>108416344
In the books he mentions chilling with Idi Amin and his portable guillotine, could be kino

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.