[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 76461_v9_ba.jpg (1.18 MB, 1080x1440)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>theme tune used to be loud, bombastic and adventurous, with thunder and lightning smashing at the TARDIS. Got everyone's heart pumping for each episode
>now it's a dull drumbeat with a 1990's style visual effect, and the BBC has to tell you to be excited

Sad.

Pic related needs to be next doctor
>>
File: IMG_9021.jpg (58 KB, 356x500)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Say. The. Words.
>>
>>106856404
I was never a fan of any of Marigold's arrangements. I've not yet heard the current version of the theme. I'd rather have Chris Barrie as Dr Who but Craig Charles could be pretty good.
>>
File: IMG_0303.jpg (165 KB, 825x464)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
....is what I usually say, but I think there's someone else we should be saying the words to.
Imagine capaldi breaking down the diamond wall set to Hackinola's score
>b-but muh too loud! Tells you how to feel!
NO! This new guy makes you feel NOTHING!
>>
>>106856423
I preferred Matt.
>>
File: IMG_1924.gif (1.57 MB, 622x350)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB GIF
>>106856404
>has to fight some ayys
>pulls out a controller and Sir Killalot comes out of nowhere
>>
>>106856404
Close, anon.
>>
>>106856455
>Craig Charles as doctor
>Chris Barrie as companion who keeps him sane through being an annoying bastard

I wish
>>
>>106856519
>cast as rassilon
>>
>>106856404
why did the doctor get so angry at a man who is obviously clinically depressed?
>>
I've just watched The Tsuranga Conundrum. Can anyone explain the hate for it to me? Jodie spends half of her time doing exposition dumps, but If you got past Rosa then you should already be used to that. Particularly given how solid the support cast was, I'd confidently say that it's probably one the best episodes that Chib's wrote this year.
>>
>>106857033
Nothing really happens, they waste time on pregnant man, which is seen as at best useless and at worst SJW bullshit, and the only villain is a poorly CGI'd cute monster thing.

For me, it was seeing the ddoctor gush over a soldier, which was just odd, and showed a real lack of knowledge of every incarnation of the character since 3. Maybe even 2.
>>
>>106857033
its a great ep! the hate is just 4chan not getting over clara.
>>
>>106856404
i honestly thought this was the theme music when i was 10 or whatever and they did that movie. I can only guess the tv channel played this over the credits as the credits music as a joke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adk1ujjmguo
>>
>>106857102
>Nothing really happens
The storyline with the general was kino.

>they waste time on pregnant man, which is seen as at best useless and at worst SJW bullshit
It's character development for Ryan and his relationship with Graham.

>For me, it was seeing the ddoctor gush over a soldier, which was just odd, and showed a real lack of knowledge of every incarnation of the character since 3. Maybe even 2.
That's Jodie being Jodie. It was an exposition dump.

>and the only villain is a poorly CGI'd cute monster thing.
Agreed.
>>
>>106856423
capaldi was better
>>
>>106857033
All the stuff about anti-matter lost me. Weirdly my normie sister loved it but hated the simpler Witchfinders which I loved.
>>
>>106857033
Get a fucking life
>>
>>106856423

5 years ago was start of downfall of modern Doctor Who. You had 50th Aniversary Special which was really special for 10th Anniversary of Nu Who, 2 years early, the big reveal of missing episodes which was suppose to be start of even bigger returns which turned out to be nothing as nothing else has ever been announced and then you had Matt Smith final episode where it was whole year of season arcs crammed into one episode making whole thing one large confusing mess. Then there was Peter Capaldi. Still nothing out of all that Moff fucking could prepare us for Chibb butt rape that was about to come. Doctor is Dead.
>>
SHE WAS BORN FOR THIS! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqbECKlrVlY
>>
>>106857335
It's like Yas said, it's A level Physics.
>>
>tfw no DW/Red Dwarf crossover
>>
I wanted to like the new Doc, but I can't understand half of what she says. I have to put subtitles on. It's weird because I've never had any trouble understand uk tv or movies before, and I watched irish and scottish movies. It's her delivery, I think. Listening the her is like listening to a song and not understanding what the fuck the lyrics are.
>>
>>106857391
I stopped watching mid-Cappaldi

I loved Tennant era the most. Is there anything for me to come back to now with the new doctor?
>>
File: IMG_9215.jpg (16 KB, 400x220)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>be a salty Clarafag, drop show completely and don't watch season 10
>become glad of this fact as everyone shits on it, hates Bill vehemently
>watch s11, possibly the worst season of any tv show I've ever seen
>become starved for kino, bite the bullet and watch s10
>it's actually kino and Bill has won me over, and Nardole, who barely anyone mentions, is absolutely based
Why did you all lie to me? Was I fooled by racists? Series 10 is the last bastion of Whokino before the show died. There hasn't been a single bad episode yet, but the next one I have to watch is the gatiss one, so perhaps that will not be so good.
Anyone who shits on series 10 is a confirmed pleb.
I'm sorry I didn't give you a chance, series 10.
>>
>>106857436
shes the female tennant.
>>
>>106857416
In a show aimed at kids.
>>
>>106857437
Clarafag ruined Cappaldi first season. That much is true.
>>
>>106856480
Chris Charles as Dr Who
Sir Killalot as the companion. (he speaks)
Get someone good to do the voice.

Would it be kino?
>>
>>106857436
>come back
why? There are hundreds of years worth of books, audiobooks, audioplays, etc
>>
>>106857204

>The storyline with the general was kino.
can't agree with you, there. I was just bored and disgusted, quite frankly.

>It's character development for Ryan and his relationship with Graham.
I suppose I can sort of see that, but we ought not pretend it wasn't an excuse to push something that tumblr would like.

>That's Jodie being Jodie. It was an exposition dump.
No. Exposition dumps are boring, and if that's what Jodie is, then she's shit at the role.
>>
>>106857033
>we're now defining kino by whether you can "get past" it or not
Please stop. It was shit. Don't lower your standards to try and acommodate it.
>>
I want them to cast Danny John-Jules as the Doctor and have a Doctor Who Red Dwarf crossover special titled "The Doctor and the Cat".
>>
File: unnamed-1[1].jpg (80 KB, 768x433)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
I FEEL GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS !
>>
What's with all of the Red Dwarf posts? I think that I dropped it either last season or the season before that one. It was still watchable, but it was nowhere near as funny as the original seasons, or even Back To Earth.

>>106857437
>Nardole
He's pretty much the only consistently good thing in S10. Sure, there's kino here and there, but it's inconsistent.

>>106857511
You've got me there.

>>106858021
No work is perfect. If you can ignore the flaw that is Jodie, then Tsuranga is one the best episodes that Chib's wrote this year.

>>106857706
>No. Exposition dumps are boring, and if that's what Jodie is, then she's shit at the role.
I don't disagree. But I stand by what I've said just above this line.

>but we ought not pretend it wasn't an excuse to push something that tumblr would like.
Agreed.
>>
>>106858265
>then Tsuranga is one the best episodes that Chib's wrote this year
But that means LITERALLY nothing, considering every other episode is an utter travesty. That one being marginally better than dog shite doesn't make it a good episode.
>>
>>106858265
>What's with all of the Red Dwarf posts? I think that I dropped it either last season or the season before that one. It was still watchable, but it was nowhere near as funny as the original seasons, or even Back To Earth.

Name one thing that's as funny as it was five years ago, or as good.
>>
>>106856404
Out of the current episodes, is there one you would reccommend to someone who dropped the show years ago, or is it a lost cause?
>>
Tennant/Tom Baker: The most popular doctor. Show is at the height of its popularity.
Smith/Davison: A much younger doctor who still attracts a large audience. Highly praised anniversary special.
Capaldi/Colin Baker: Beginning of the end. Unlikeable Doctor with the show being moved around the timetables. Show goes on hiatus for a year.
Whittaker/McCoy:?
>>
>>106858415
Whittaker/McCoy: a bumbling, irritating buffoon who is secretly a soulless sociopath
>>
>>106858412
It's a complete lost cause to me, but I am very much enjoying the books now, so I don't mind.

Honestly, my advice would be to watch the lastest one. "It takes you away". if you like it in ANY way, then you can probably still enjoy it. If not, then you're probably done.
>>
>>106858477
oh, and I forgot
>gets show cancelled
>>
>>106858412
The best episodes this season would be called average episodes in any other season.
>>
>>106858412
Imagine, if you will.
Fear Her.
But it's the whole season.
The shining light of the season, Demons of the Punjab, isn't even Gatiss tier.
>dropped the show years ago
Watch the capaldi seasons then smeghead
>>
>>106858372
The news?
>>
>>106858555
>Watch the capaldi seasons then smeghead
I watched his first season. It wasn't for me. He was great but the writing and the companion was shit.
>>
File: IMG_0313.jpg (43 KB, 644x800)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>106858678
>Capaldi good writing bad
>>
>>106858816
Are you trying to say Capaldi was bad or the writing was good?
>>
>>106858212

Danny would be kino and could actually make the character his own. I like Craig but he's too famous for being himself (and a crackhead).
>>
as bad as dr who gets, it can never be season 6 bad
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQI6rskwCLg
>>
File: IMG_9214.jpg (31 KB, 620x374)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>106858878
The Capaldi era is the absolute purest, most potent of pleb filters, with the strongest writing of the show.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CzCghIPHFI0
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uPjJ_VAubRs
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BJP9o4BEziI
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tlsd8TuzWY
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2xJup5yWpZY
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0YKb7t29gEE

No one ever brings up this dumb meme for the other eras. They're all good actors. He's that good in the role because he's a good actor AND has good lines to act out. He would've been shit in the new season saying the FRENS AN SENPAI shit that's being written for the new season.
>>
>>106860140
Oh, okay.
>>
File: series9.png (5 KB, 185x288)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
Which of these (if any) are worth watching?
>>
Here's your Doctor Who
>>
>>106860486
What is it with zoomers and just picking and choosing parts of television to watch? Just watch the whole season, if you can look away from your iPhone long enough.
>>
>>106860907
What is it with old farts caring how others watch?
>>
>the general is in page 9
DW IS DEAD
>>
>>106862349
>people can’t even summon the energy to shit on it
>page 9 again
Sad
>>
>tfw doctor who discussion is dead
>everyone on 8ch is a SJW tranny fag
>Reddit is overly compensatory and unable to admit the new season is bad
>friends don't watch Who
Feels bad man.
>>
>>106857204
>The storyline with the general was kino.
Was it balls. It was just yet more tumbler bait. The Doctor fawning over "muh stronk woman of colour" it was pathetic. The whole episode is just Alien but done badly.
>>
>>106860140
The Capaldi era has great scenes if you just watch them on their own.
But the episodes feel really sporadic when you actually sit down and watch them.

Capaldi was fucking great though and in my opinion the best doctor
>>
>>106863693
>everyone on 8ch is a SJW tranny fag
So your typical Dr Who fan then?
>>
>>106856404
Red Dwarf > Doctor Who

I think RD is actually one of the most underated sci-fi universes and is probably the closest to what humans in space will look like
>>
>>106860486
Under The Lake
Before the Flood

Face the Raven
Heaven Sent
>>
File: IMG_0262.jpg (18 KB, 236x296)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
*AHEM*
Fuck Jodie and fuck Chibnall.
>>
File: file.jpg (41 KB, 617x374)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>106865332
You have to admit, killing Doctor Who in less than a year is pretty impressive
>>
>>106865428
This
Based chibnall literally ended the almost decade long RTD Vs Moff war, bringing both groups together
>>
File: terribledayforrain.jpg (71 KB, 639x595)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
I feel bad for Capaldi. He's a huge Doctor Who fan and got the role of his dreams. Even in his first two seasons, which sucked, he was a shining light in them.

Basically any episode where Capaldi just got to act or be mostly alone was sheer kino. Unfortunately Clara was at max insufferable and had to be perfect at every turn.

I mean, shit, I want to fuck Clara retarded, but I hated her guts for being such an insufferable mary sue (an actual one, not a meme one because she was competent and a woman). The Danny Pink shit sucked, Missy was hit and miss at first, and the rogues gallery was wasted.

Clara even got a happy ending for Christ's sake. The whole point of being a companion is that it's amazing but eventually something gets you, the Doctor can't carry you forever, he's not perfect/ Clara gets to be immortal (even though that retcons what the Doctor did in Season 1 with Rose's dad to be particularly scummy), her own TARDIS and a companion. It's fucking bullshit that DW became the Clara show and Capaldi's dream role got steamrolled by Moffat's OC Waifu boner.

Season 10 was GOAT though, Capaldi was great, Missy was great, Nardol was great. Fucking Bill surprised the shit out of me and was great.

We're sorry Cap, you should have gotten a better run of it. At least you went out on a high note, your speech about kindness is seminal Doctor Who.
>>
File: dashing drashig 2.jpg (68 KB, 441x442)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>106866695
>At least you went out on a high note
>a high note
>TUAT
>>
>>106866695
>Clara is Mary Sue
Cringe and disregarded opinion
>>
>>106866915
Dude, she definitely is in Capaldi's run.

Everyone likes her, everything goes right for her, she's always right, she constantly one ups the Doctor, she's good at everything she does, and she adds ability after skill after superpower to her repertoire as the series goes on with no real reason.

Sure she loses Danny but then Danny's love for her literally saves the world.

Mary Sue isn't a term I bandy about with, but I think Clara comes as close as most professionally written characters ever do.
Though I'm open to your take on it if you disagree.
>>
>>106866915
>Clara isn't Mary Sue
Go back to eating your crayons.
>>
>>106867085
She pretty much had a toxic relationship with the doctor. Sure she's a cute and cool or whatever but she also full-on betrays the doctor at one point, has unnecessary relationship drama with Danny (who is by all accounts a nice fella), and her ego ends up inflating so much she ends up getting herself killed. She's definitely written with flaws, but I will concede she's pretty much just space waifu for s7 and most of series 8.
>>
>>106856560
Because he was a straight white male.
>>
>>106867216
To be honest her ego being a flaw kind of gets justified. After all, wouldn't you be confident it everything went your way? It would have actually made for a decent arc if it was all buildup to see her overstep her capabilities and get killed because of her overconfidence. But then her cockiness is rewarded with immortality and a TARDIS of her own.

I agree with you that she's written with a few flaws, but then those flaws don't net her any comeuppance, they actually end up getting her more rewards.

I actually liked her betraying the Doctor though, she felt justified morally so it wasn't out of character, but it was a nice moment for the Doctor when he helped her anyway because they're friends. That's sweet, shows an arc from Season 1 where he stranded that guy for letting him down once.

But Clara really needed a loss, a great big fat L to justify the amount of wank she got, and it never came. I agree with you though that they at least set up some personality flaws as they went, even if they didn't amount to anything meaningful for the character.
>>
>>106860140
Capaldi was amazing when the writing suited him but the Twelfth Doctor was a little cuckhold bitch to a smug midget schoolteacher called Clara.
>>
The Thirteenth Doctor is the only NuWho Doctor not to be habitually disrespected and pussywhipped by "her" companions. I wonder why...
>>
File: IMG_9191.jpg (639 KB, 1920x1080)
639 KB
639 KB JPG
>>106867538
>Twelfth Doctor was a little cuckhold bitch to a smug midget schoolteacher called Clara.
An actual human being wrote this.
>>
>>106868082
>he doesn't think Clara 5 2 Oswald was an insufferably smug smirking cunt who couldn't intimidate an insect
>he doesn't think the Doctor wuvved Cwawa and got cucked by the dullest man alive and someone calling themselves "Me"
>>
>>106868314
>Oswald was an insufferably smug smirking cunt
So much this. I really can't understand why anyone likes her.
>>
>>106864074
>tumblr bait
>automatically bad
Not always.
>>
>>106866695
>the rogues gallery
The what?
>>
File: IMG_0260.jpg (80 KB, 540x960)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>106868314
Okay I'll bite
What's your favourite era anon
I'm assuming you're a Smith fan girl.
>>
>>106868600
His extended cast of villains...
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 198x149)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>106856519
Stoke me a clipper
I'll be back for Christmas
>>
>>106858412
Capaldi;Mummy on the Orient Express, Heaven Sent.

The new season is OK, but not great. I'd skip the first episode honestly.
>>
>>106857437
Nardole was based as fuck, a true stone cold nigga
>>
>>106868559
Literally the only reason anyone does is because she's attractive.
>>
>>106868606
Letts to Hinchcliffe is my favourite era, although I started with Nuwho.
>>
>>106869016
She's aesthetically pleasing but she's far to much of a cunt to be called attractive.
>>
File: IMG_9118.gif (587 KB, 220x234)
587 KB
587 KB GIF
>>106869016
>>106869105
The incels are out in full force tonight
>>
>>106868877
The BBC has revised the quote to be more ethnically diverse and inclusive. It's now "Inhumanely slaughter me a goat. I'll be back for ramadan."
>>
>>106869169
>responds to claim that Clarafags only like her because she's physically attractive by posting a gif of Clara being cute/physically attractive
>>
>>106869169
No, it's just you.
>>
>>106869169
>hurr incel incel incel
>>
>>106869169
The funny thing is that IRL an incel would be more likely to tolerate her cuntishness out of desperation for female attention.
>>
>say the word incel
>immediately get 4 AKSHUALLY NO (You)s
Based Clara
>>
>>106857437
Dude, the final trilogy is fucking GOAT.
>>
File: rtd.jpg (36 KB, 570x416)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Say. The. Words.
>>
>>106860486
All of them except for Girl Who Died/Woman who lived(they sort of contain a storyline important to a season long story arc but they are kinda lame too), and Sleep no more(which is standalone and written by Mark Gatiss, so you can just skip it entirely)
>>
>>106869754
Raxacoricofallapatorian
>>
File: IMG_9218.jpg (83 KB, 1920x1080)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>106869754
I'M
NOT
LISSSNING-AH
>>
>>106857437
Bill was shit but Nardole was based. The S10 finale was also the best finale in the show since Parting of the Ways, shame Moffatt couldn't leave on a high and had to give the audience one last middle finger with Twice Upon A Time on his way out.
>>
>>106869942
Don't blame Moffat for that, it's chinballs fault.
>>
>>106858415
>Eccleston/Pertwee: Lowkey better than their successors but everyone forgets about them for some reason

Checks out
>>
>>106858415
>>106870008
Troughton/McGann: based, but most of their run is inaccessible to the majority of people so many skip entirely
>>
>>106869754
You should never have bought the show back. It was better off dead.
>>
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/doctor-who-backlash-shows-why-its-time-to-bin-the-phrase-‘politically-correct’/

>Until recently, Doctor Who did not appeal to me. Daleks and the Tardis and Time Lords sounded hammy and naff and it all looked a bit am-dram whenever I tuned in. I didn’t get why adults were obsessed with a children’s programme.
>But then I heard that this latest series had p***ed off Jeremy Clarkson so the time had come for a closer look.

W E W
>>
>>106870196
the problem isn't that the show is rainbow-coloured and hyperqueer, it's been like that for a long time, true to BBC form
the problem is that the current season is shit
>>
>>106869991
I imagine he meant the SJW character assassination of the First Doctor.
>>
Lads anyone have a decent list of all the Classic Who eps worth watching?
I can't be arsed to sit through the whole thing (I'm assuming the quality varies just as wildly as Nu Who) but I wanna get a decent representation of each Doctor.
>>
>>106870460
god that was disgraceful.
>literally shit on the good name of a dead man to pat yourself on the back
That said, I do think it was more the Beebs than Moffat. He didn't bother with that kind of shite until series 10.
>>
>>106870827
The whole episode was atrocious
>>
>>106870764
Just read the episode synopses and decide for yourself.
>>
>>106870955
>The whole episode was atrocious
I'll have to take your word on the whole episode being bad but the twenty or so minutes I did watch were pretty fucking awful.
>>
>>106870196

Best part of that article is her referring to RTD/Moffat Who as 'establishment tv'
>>
Why are the BBC so fucking Jewy and autistic about classic who?
>don't put it up for streaming
>only have like seasons 18 and 19 out on Blu ray
What is their fucking problem?
>>
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-new-year-special-13698163

>BBC declined to comment
>>
I'm hoping I finish my classic Who DVD collection before they start rereleasing them with that shitty NuWho logo on them.
>>
>>106872751
>lose their bronze look
Are they bringing back those bright colourful ones from Matt Smith's run?
>>
>>106872015
>didn't see spanked bottom
>didn't see muh shoehorned Moffat OC Dalek
>didn't see Clara coming back
I envy you
>>
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a25421576/doctor-who-season-11-peter-jackson-episode-lord-of-the-rings/

>the BBC didn't actively chase and fucking BEG for this to happen
What is their fucking problem? No, really. What the fuck is their problem?
Doctor who is an absolute dynamite concept and they're just shitting all over it
>>
>>106873133
Hiring a competent director means he might have his own vision and not want to do as he's told. Better to have a cocksucking stooge like Chibnall.
>>
>>106872909
Loads of black people, Indians and Pakistanis
Daleks have been tampered with, are now probably rainbow coloured
Think I'll pass thanks
>>
I'll probably be watching Demons of the Punjab tomorrow. Am I in for kino?
>>
>>106872751
>it's a bbc leak the Dalek return as a "rumour" to drum up hype so people will watch their bogged not-Christmas special episode
I'm just so tired of this. I really, really fucking hate the BBC.
Imagine how hype it would've been for the daleks to just show up unannounced. But no.
The BBC, once again, are a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>106873615
Remember that time they spoiled the Simm Master reveal in the first episode of S10?
>>
>>106873651
They also spoiled the return of Gallifrey in a Heaven Sent synopsis.
>>
>>106873495
no.
>>
>>106856519
What a gay
I mean what a guy
>>
>>106873495

Closest this season gets.
>>
>>106870196
The same kind of person who was saying "comic books are for geeks and virgins lol!" until marvel started getting popular, and now it needs to be defended from the people who made it successful in the first place.
>>
File: IMG_0304.jpg (165 KB, 1280x720)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>watching Empress of Mars
>bill recommends the doctor watch The Thing
Based patrician bill
>>
>>106857429
No aliens in Red Dwarf
>>
>reading eighth doctor books
Why didn't anyone tell me these were so good?
>>
>>106875543
VNA-level dark.
>>
>>106875744
what a VNA?
>>
>>106856423
Your first season was still worse. But just barely
>>
The Capaldi era was the biggest plebfilter in history and no one can tell me otherwise.
>>
>>106857436
If Tennant's era was your favourite, you clearly have awful taste and should love this season.
>>
>>106875843
Virgin New Adventures. A series of books published by Virgin in the 90s. Known for being "dark" and "adult" in a juvenile kind of way.
>>
>>106873495
Pakino
>>
>>106856404
Started watching doctor who again, been waiting for what feels like forever.

I had my fears of a female doctor, but thought "meh, as long as she's good it'll be acceptable".
But she's acting as if she's in a super serious action movie. Very monotone voice, not playful, always serious.
Only seen 3 episodes, hpoe it gets better.

Loved Matt Smith, David Tennant was good too, Capaldi sort of OK but a big step down from Matt Smith, and Eccleston was simply meh.
Jodie Walker just cannot play the doctor.
2/3 episodes have been really bad too, I can barely recognize it as doctor who.
>>
>>106876317
>Loved Matt Smith, David Tennant was good too, Capaldi sort of OK but a big step down from Matt Smith, and Eccleston was simply meh.
Fucking moron.
>>
test
>>
8cha
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (1.95 MB, 750x399)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB GIF
>>106869169
ClaraFag alert. The wrost thing to happen to nuwho was her, mary fucking sue.

Pond was GOAT compared to her. she ruined two seasons of doctor who for two diffirent doctors.

But please continue to fap to her feet.
>>
File: theratingstm.jpg (75 KB, 640x391)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>
File: smug grade.jpg (19 KB, 460x287)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>106876896
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (499 KB, 500x282)
499 KB
499 KB GIF
>>106876896
>>
>>106870460
>>106870827
What's this about character assassination? I must have either skipped by or forgotten the episode, what'd they do?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVk6aXI0DXc
>>
>>106877240
They made him into a massive sexist because 'dude old man from the 1960s lmao'
>>
>>106877258
That's the first time I've seen the new TARDIS and I've just realised it's probably only the second time I've seen Whittaker in motion after the reveal trailer last year. I've still yet to hear her speak.
>>
>>106877325
Well he did sort of just offload his granddaughter to another man and jolly well too. Tbh i get the feeling the first doctor was a massive drunk.
>>
>>106877325
IIRC it wasn't even that many episodes prior to TUAT that the Dr was saying how timelords are above the concept of sexes.
>>
File: IMG_9022.jpg (34 KB, 509x419)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>106876591
what's this about the feet? You've brought up the feet to me twice now.

Anyway, fellas, I just finished watching Empress of Mars and The Eaters of Light, and season 10 is possibly shaping up to be maybe my favourite one. Literally NOT A SINGLE BAD EPISODE so far. I'm hoping the two-part finale is kino. I can't believe there's such a smear campaign on the season on here.
>>
>>106877393
Its a purdy tardis console room, It reminds me of the console from the 5 doctors that was used to steal them out of time, Chinballs being a fucking fan boy he is knows that too. That's why i like it. https://youtu.be/spAGKcWHHss?t=69
>>
>>106877542
Yeah the bill pots season is golden. postclarashite 13th is a blast.
>>
>>106877627
12th*
>>
>>106877542
>>106877627
Series 10 is comfy, even the Monk shit in the middle doesn't ruin it
>>
Let's settle this.
Thin Ice (S10E03) or Rosa (S11E04)?
>>
>>106877842
I pick suicide
>>
>>106877842
Thin Ice is a really good episode with a throwaway line about le whitewash. Mandatory Beebs interfering shit that doesn't make the episode itself crap. Doctor BTFOing the dude is absolutely based and chadpilled.
Rosa is just diabolical.
>>
>>106877842
"doctor who is too pc now"
>>
>>106876896

>not consolidated
>>
>>106877942
>guy walks up to your bro
>near pops a blood vessel with the amount of screaming he's doing
>FUCK NIGGERS FUCK NIGGERS FUCK NIGGERS FUCK NIGGERS
>you don't punch him
Pretty cucked desu
>>
>>106877842
Rosa is ep 3.
>>
>>106877842
lol remember when the writers had Ryan and Yaz sitting behind a dumpster and complaining about how he gets stopped by the police more than his white friends, but they forgot that she is a policewoman so she doesn't say anything about it?
>>
>>106856404
Wouldn't a half caste guy be too white?
>>
>>106878093

at this point, an Argentinian would be too white.
>>
File: EddieRedmayne.jpg (428 KB, 948x435)
428 KB
428 KB JPG
Pic related would make a good Doctor. His character in Fantastic Beasts is basically the Doctor already. His briefcase is even bigger on the inside.
>>
>>106856404
The new intro and new time vortex effects are all done by John Smith VFX, the zoomer fan who made the Wholock video on YouTube as well as a bunch of cool promos.

Good on him.
>>
>>106878176

I was thinking this throughout the whole two movies.
>>
>>106878176
We don't really need another le quirky handsome teenage girl pandering Doctor.
>>
File: brigadier COURTNEY.jpg (183 KB, 1092x1600)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>106878176
>Eddie Redmayne
>his hair is brown
>>
>>106878039
Weird. It felt like Arachnids in the UK was ep 3.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (74 KB, 778x778)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>106878176
>another le ebin quirky doctor
>>
>>106878260

Every single doctor has been quirky except 13, you nonce.
>>
File: Peter+Davison+Bio+Pic[1].png (1.07 MB, 1000x1008)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>106878286
I really wasn't.
>>
>>106878144

>/pol/ memes
and people don't think these shitstains aren't infesting this board? Fuck off back to your containment board, nazi shite
>>
>>106878336
worst example you could give. He was chosen to pander to teenage girls with his scatty and affable nature as well as his handsome good looks.
>>
>>106878286
I heard she was particularly quirky.
>>
>>106878286
Series 8 Capaldi wasn't. But for real we need a return to the abrasive, brutal pragmatism of 9 and 6. I'm tired of quirky whimsical bs all the time, Jodie is just a watered down Smith/Tennant fusion.
>>
>>106878371

Agreed. Everything just seems like Tennant/Smith impersonations. We need a series based on the war doctor, or to get Paul Mcgann back for the lost years.
>>
>>106878337
yikes
>>
>>106878336
Would /who/ consider it gay to want to fuck prime Davo?
>>
>>106878337
>there's a place for my kind
>and a place for yours
>we need to stay there and not mix

wew lad
>>
File: IMG_9110.gif (707 KB, 200x200)
707 KB
707 KB GIF
>tfw if you rearrange the letters in Ranskoor Av Kolos you get Skaro twice
They kept it really well under wraps. Nary a hint of a set photo, or even a rumour until that mirror article
>>
>>106856519
Could even a Tardis manage to contain so much awesomeness?
>>
File: thatcher.jpg (47 KB, 615x409)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>106878337
t. argie
>>
>>106857102
Another episode where if the Doctor wasn't around, nothing particularly terrible would have happened. There were...6? people on the ship.
>>
>>106878371
Series 8 Capaldi wasn't
Capaldi was quirky, but he wasn't able to portray it as well, with his old body and less agile voice.

>Jodie is just a watered down Smith/Tennant fusion
Jodie is more similar to old doctors.
Little to no humor, poor monotone acting, and acting mostly as if she's in an action movie.
>>
>>106878527
considering it was supposed to be the most advanced medical station in the galaxy or some shit, why WERE there only six people on it?
>>
The Tsuranga Conundrum is the worst episode this season. Rewrite it, /who/. What would you have it be about?
>>
>>106878691
Whittaker isn't quirky? She's always pulling a stupid face in all the stills I've seen.
>>
>>106878465
>Ranskoor Av Kolos
The way Doctor Who is now, I figured this was just the name of the guest star
>>
>>106878768
Not her quirks, though. Tennant's. Every doctor has had their own thing.

Hers? Well, she gets irrationally angry at least once per episode at someone who doesn't deserve it. Maybe that's her thing?
>>
>>106878768
They're probably taking a screen grab whenever she's pronouncing a difficult word or something.
Her voice is very monotone, and instead of facing danger with curiosity, she faces it as a threat, something scary and dangerous.

Only seen 3 episodes, but she's also lacking monologues the doctor used to go through as he was coming to a conclusion of the problem, and how to solve it.

Writer, and director is probably equally at fault for the terrible decrease in quality.
>>
>>106870196
Imagine thinking the current series ISN'T 'a bit am dram'.
Pretty sure Clarkson's column said he hasn't watched Who for ages anyway (if ever).
>>
>>106878816
>she gets irrationally angry at least once per episode at someone who doesn't deserve it
I'm guessing that around a month passes between episodes in universe.
>>
>>106878752
Reverse Euthanasia. The mainframe of the hospital has been updated with a particularly punishing new software, designed to try to meet unreasonable targets, and it starts to see any kind of illness as a failing in its practices. Therefore instead of curing, it starts to melt down the more sick patients on board into stem cell gunk which is used to keep prime patients alive. The general has been kept alive for hundreds of years by the time the TARDIS Team arrive, and has wanted to die with honour, yet kept in prime health by the computer, yet confined to quarters.

Because it's doctor who, they will be chased by something more substantial than the AI, perhaps zombified porters or nurses that the computer keeps the station running.
>>
>>106878885
>lacking monologues the doctor used to go through as he was coming to a conclusion of the problem, and how to solve it.
I'm glad to hear that desu. Not that it'll get me watching again.
>>
>>106875540
What's a Polymorph then?
>>
>>106878993
A GELF.
>>
>>106878993

GELFs were created by human genetic manipulation, then they bred out of control. Everything "alien" in red dwarf's universe is of human creation.

There's a neat bit about it in the first book. Humans never even found "a moderately intelligent plant" and went a bit mad because there was nothing to tell them how to act.
>>
>>106878978
That's what made Doctor who good, his cleverness.
Without that monologue the doctor becomes a companion.
>>
>>106875540

TARDIS crosses dimensions and has slipped universes before. They could at least meet Ace.
>>
>>106879031
I've nothing against monologues but they were overused. As were le ebin "I'm the Dr" speeches. Is the sonic screwdriver still basically a magic wand?
>>
What's gonna be the lame, cringeworthy cliffhanger/sequelbait they use to try and get people to want to watch the next lineup of absolute trashfire episodes?
>>
>>106879152
Yes, it is, but I think it even got upgraded.

I don't mind the sonic screw driver, it's usually a way to get information, and an adapter to reach into things (like not carrying a laptop with a huge bundle of adapters to get into a computer system).

Sometimes the doctor was a little much with "I AM THE DOCTOR", but the monologues is about figuring out the error in the system, and putting together hints, or explaining a situation.
>>
File: red_dwarf_xii_3.jpg (251 KB, 825x464)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>106856404
>>106856455
>>106856480
>>106856519
>>106865153
Based anons. Crew of the small rouge one approves..
>>
>>106879261
And a full double Rimmer to you.
>>
File: whoideal.jpg (281 KB, 1280x922)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
>>106879261
>>
File: IMG_0316.jpg (12 KB, 634x423)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
*hits pipe*
If you think about it rationally, The 13th Doctor isn't even a character. She's a mouthpiece for whatever soapbox issue the writer on that specific episode wants to broadcast to the minds of millions of impressionable children. I mean, really think about it. You can imagine how the other doctors would react in a certain situation, because they're fleshed out, defined, almost as if they're actually real, living people.
With 13, on the other hand, you get
>it's okay to use the threat of bomb detonation to save people!
>but guns bad! Don't shoot!
>but racists bad! It's okay to shoot them!
>however don't shoot suffering, suffocating spiders!
>although if an Indian guy tries to shoot an alien, it's okay in that instance.
>but if I even fucking SEE a guy trying to rise up against machine superiority, I will coldly watch him be obliterated in an explosion. I love big companies!
>and I HATE when Alan cumming uses a weapon to fight an alien! Even though I manufactured those weapons specifically for this purpose.
>I also hate mental illness. I will berate, humiliate and let my friends threaten physical violence on a man who's in tatters after his wife has died, and treat him like a dumb cunt when a literal universe has conspired to make him believe his wife has returned to life. I will be compassionate towards my friend in the same situation, though.

You have all of these things, and they have no idea what they want her to be, because they don't want her to be anything other than to get idiots and mongoloids to clap, fools who can't remember that what they're clapping for is in direct opposition to what they clapped for five minutes ago.
Anyway, FUCK CHIBNALL, FUCK THE BBC, AND FUCK JODIE.
>>
>>106878730
Because everything and everywhere this series has to be low key for some reason.
>>
>>106879461
Dr Who is their flagship series, and yet they SPEND no money on it.

Cashgrab before axing the show.
>>
>>106879236
>What's gonna be the lame, cringeworthy cliffhanger/sequelbait

Gallifreyan Writing in the stars that slowly translates itself into English that says "You ran, you clever girl!"

Last second is another TARDIS (not a triggering po-po box) dematerialising before Jodie's eyes
>>
>>106879417
>a mouthpiece for whatever soapbox issue the writer on that specific episode wants to broadcast
By Jove! I think the dear lad may finally have it! You've finally figured out media!
Go tell the world, they need help.
>>
>>106879417
>however don't shoot suffering, suffocating spiders!
I'm still really confused as to their thought process on this one.

Why is a slow, laboured death better than a quick one?
>>
>>106879635
.You've finally figured out bad media!

FTFY. It's always telling of a complete shill when they try to claim all media is bad because one example is.

shoo, shoo.
>>
>>106876896
capaldifags utterly btfo
>>
I miss it, guys..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWK9xmBdZrc
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4y0lJiufsas
What are some kinos about the sequel never living up to the original?

>>106879826
Shut up DOG, you were filtered!
>>
File: 1488872946282.gif (174 KB, 299x240)
174 KB
174 KB GIF
>>106879671
Uhh, you did that wrong, newfriend.
Lerk moar, faget.
>>
>>106879826
> If it's popular then it must be good.
> If it's good then it must be popular.
>>
>>106876896
>>106879826
Series 7 to series 8 is a decrease of 1.5%... but it's displayed as around 15%.
Series 10 is displayed as a decrease of 50%, but it's a decrease of 33%.
>>
>>106856404
Craig Charles and Chris Barrie had the best on screen buddy chemistry. It's bitter sweet knowing I probably won't get comedy SciFi this good ever again in my life time.
>>
>>106881598
season 13 anon - YES!!
>>
>>106856404
Craig spent time in jail because of false rape allegations.
There is no way he could take the role
>>
File: red dwarf_holly.jpg (64 KB, 1600x900)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>106882319
Well, since it's current year, why not Doctor Holly?
>>
>>106882319
If was cleared of the charges, why the hell not?
>>
>>106882438
Lovett>>>>>>>Hayridge
>>
Doctor Who is dead.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.