[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 42 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

So I fucked up and watched it
What are some romantic walkable cities in Europe? I love good architecture, museums, food and a nice nightlife scene but not filled with people who can't handle their drinks
And no, I'm not under the illusion I'll meet a qt French chick and I realize that Vienna might've been highly romanticized
>>
Sevilla fits that criteria one hundred percent.
>>
File: OP-Will-deliver-soon.jpg (20 KB, 360x255)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>1651772
Which movie is that, OP?
>>
>>1651889
Cheers, I'll check it out
>>1651890
Before Sunrise, don't watch the trailers because they're trash but it's essentially about an American tourist talking to some French chick on the train and he convinces her to get off at his station in Vienna and not continue with the train to Paris
>>
i don't know many non-romantic cities in europe. even the commie shitholes have some romantic streets at least.
>>
>>1651772
you wanna go to a romantic city to meet someone? aren't you afraid that you'll only find couples there?

if you wanna meet someone you can meet in any place, try countries famous for night life first
>>
>>1651772
London Southbank, Rome, Vienna, Lausanne
>>
Don't finish the trilogy op. It will just depress you. With that said, you should go to Bruges
>>
Heidelberg
Carcassonne
Prague
Bern
Amsterdam
>>
>>1651894
Thanks.
I done watched the trailer, tho.
Seems to be a chick flick.
>>
>>1651956
I don't plan on meeting anyone, I'm just going through some things in life so I figured I'll go to a nice romantic place
>>1652146
I figured as much. It's hard though, the movies are so good
>>1652226
Yes that's why I advised you against it, the trailers make it like a chick flick but it's actually a really cool movie and I'm usually not into those of things but this shit got me hard

Thank you all for the suggestions, I've been to a lot of these places
I got bombarded of "selfie stick?" by pretty much in Rome and Amsterdam would've been perfect if those sloppy drunks didn't infest that place
But a lot of the other places look really great and I'll be happy to check them out
>>
>>1651772
>good architecture, museums, food and a nice nightlife
They don't want you there. Sorry but it's the truth, all meme locations are worn out and made into tourist traps — and then there's the gypsies...
It'll feel as genuine as losing your virginity to a prostitute!
>>
>>1651772
go to Innsbruck
>>
>>1652226
It is to a degree, but not in a cliche, over-the-top sort of way. It's more genuine of a real romantic liaison while travelling through Europe as a younger tourist. I don't like chick flicks, but it's actually really good. Great dialogue, wholesome, interesting, realistic, and a good learning tool for how to get better speaking with girls (which is something every modern man should be attempting anyway)
>>
>>1651772
I was just in Stockholm and the city fits this to a T. Lots of tourists in certain areas though, but the museums are world-class and the nightlife scene is fun and not overly pretentious. Swedes are impossible to flirt with though -- they have no idea how to develop conversation. Many girls tried to flirt with me by talking about the weather, or just by repeating what I'd already said, or by trying to impress me by being a cunt to other guys in the bar. They also don't really get humor or sarcasm at all. I'd get bored of them and ditch. Eventually got with one cool Swedish chick who was actually funny and interesting.
>>
>>1652307
kebabs at every corner and the town is flooded by r*efugees.

no thanks
>>
>>1652306
So what? So the vacation won't be a dreamlike experience. nobody is gonna die from it
Do you also stress about other things? Can't enjoy the sunset because you're thinking about air pollution? Can't look at your phone without thinking about all the people that live in abhorrent conditions that built it?
There's always something negative no matter what you do so why focus on it when you can focus on the positive?
Why would it bother me that other people wanted to see the places I want to see? I'm one of them at the end of the day no matter how you spin it
Who cares that the photos you see online aren't exactly the same as in real life because someone spent the entire day trying to capture a fleeting moment?
I might be disappointed but I also know that I might find something beautiful, both are realistic options and I would rather focus on that then to mope around about how the world isn't perfect
>>
>>1652306
You're like a basement-dwelling incel talking about sex with women.
>>
>>1652179
is Carcassonne big enough for a longer stay?
I speak French fluently and I'd love to actually use it in my daily life for a month or two.
I know there are bigger cities near there, kind of. Toulouse as a base, or maybe Bordeaux by a long stretch. Lyon could fit too I guess... not in nearness but in a similar vibe.
Am I on the correct track here?
>>
>>1651772
Maybe I've never met the right people but I've never seen anyone talk like they do in this movie but it's praised as having realistic dialogue.
>>
>>1652489
You could stay in the castle/town but it's quite expensive. I went with my family about 20 years ago and stayed in a hotel near Bordeaux, we visited the castle for the day. Your best bet to retain the romance would be to stay in one of the small towns nearby. You're also quite close to the Pyrenees there if you're a hiker, or you can just drive across into Spain.
My mother always recommended Montpellier to visit too, she stayed there for a couple years
>>
>>1651772
I'll add Madrid op.Very much old and young people holding hands and kissing on the street. Just not around sol of course.
>>
>>1652226
I wouldn’t write it off as a chick flick, it’s good stuff, especially the end
>>
>>1652582
I wouldn’t call it realistic, really. But it’s also true that people spoke less like retards twenty years ago so who knows
>>
The second one fucked me up even more, and I say that as an autist that usually laughs at this stuff
>>
>>1652582
It's realistic in the structure and execution which in turn makes the dialogue feel real and believable
>>
>>1652921
I would say that some scenes are obviously for-the-movies dialogue, like the entire phone call sequence. I enjoyed it, but the scene stuck out a bit in relation to some of the other bits of dialogue
>>
>>1652921
Yeah, it's like a conversation between two of the most real, but at the same time wittiest, people. I like it because it represents an idealised version of romantic experiences I've had while travelling
>>
>>1652937
true

it's not impossible to have conversations with strangers like this but you need to have a really good click right from the start and that's very rare

i remember meeting an irish girl in a group once and during a conversation she did an impression of kuato from total recall and i was the only one at the table to get it, we both couldn't stop laughing for a couple of minutes.
>>
>>1651772
As for food and romance how about Capri or Taormina? Maybe Taormina is less touristy.
As for walkable cities how about Assisi or Lucca?
Anyway you can't have both nightfife and few people, less people = less party.
>>
>>1652971
Those places look good, thank you
And my problem isn't with the number of people in the nightlife scene but the quality
I don't want a bunch of 22-year-olds getting too drunk and then causing a ruckus
Or is it a utopian pursuit and these people are everywhere?
>>
>>1652994
>Or is it a utopian pursuit and these people are everywhere?
no, you could have a relaxing vacation on ibiza if you wanted. just avoid the notorious party spots.
>>
>>1651772

I never, ever cry, but even looking at the cover of this movie gives me feels. It triggers that, "travel/romance" emotions like crazy. It's basically them walking around Vienna all night, talking and getting to know each other.

Not like a stupid Hollywood chick flick of today with terrible comedy and whatnot. Really cool that they did sequels where they see each other after years and years, and how they interact after aging and moving on with life.
>>
>>1652582
Maybe you can chalk it up to the characters chemistry together. Ever notice how you talk with different people in different ways. Sometimes, interesting combinations happen.

Also: >>1652828
>>
I had an experience like this in Korea. Not exactly the same, but gave me similar feels
I think about it almost every single day
>>
>>1653223
What's the story there?
>>
>>1652307
Austria became the refuge and anal depository of the everyday Joe Shitskin and now it's not very nice anymore unless you like overpaying for kebabs
>>
>>1653223
>this fucking post
Here I am, mourning a French girl I met in Jeju a few days ago. Goddamn, she was really great. Instant chemistry. She was also the most unprepared, unassuming but paradoxically incredible hiker I’ve ever met. I’ll remember her fondly, probably forever
>>
File: 1515151.jpg (389 KB, 1685x1264)
389 KB
389 KB JPG
>>1653257
I had a Korean penpal, we got along well and spoke about a lot of personal things, but just over the internet so who knows what it's like irl. Went to Korea this summer and met her, instant magic when I met her.
We spent two days together. Walked around her town together, she showed me all her favorite places. Eventually went to this huge park and sat on a bench and just talked for like 4 hours and had no idea how long it actually was. Spoke about everything, told her things I'd never told anyone before, vice versa, legit the greatest conversation I've ever had. Just couldn't stop looking at her and smiling. Everything felt right when I was with her. I've never understood someone or been understood by someone as much as her, it was bizarre almost. I was always iffy on the idea of a "true love" or soul mate, but if it is real then she is it.
The first time I felt true love for anyone. Saying goodbye was so difficult. We hugged and I cried into her shoulder, and then she moved her hand onto the back of my neck and moved me in close and whispered "thank you" to me, gave me a truly ineffable feeling.
Cried the entire bus ride back
>>
>>1653309
Are you seeing a possibility of pursuing it as a relationship because that shit is beautiful
>>
File: 562562.jpg (283 KB, 948x1264)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>1653324
I hope so, I would do anything to try and make it happen
>>
>>1653333
Just move to Korea. I’ve been living here for a little under a year. Do you speak any korean? Have you been trying to learn at all?
>>
>>1653335
Yeah I speak a little and have been learning more.
In school right now, obviously the path would be to teach there, so I need to finish my bachelors.
How do you like it there? What do you do there and why did you go?
>>
>>1652226
One of the most misleading trailers I've ever seen I think. Don't let the trailer put you off it. Each movie in the trilogy is better than the last too IMO
>>
>>1653336
I came here mostly for its access to other countries + it’s affordable and friendly. I also came with my American girlfriend, so we live in an apartment in Busan. We teach English; it’s a very comfortable life, though we probably won’t stay for too much longer. Had a great time though, and I love koreans. Learning the language, at least conversationally, enhances the experience a lot
>>
>>1653365
Where are you going next?
>>
>>1651772

This movie legit made me suicidal
>>
>>1652307
lolwut, I'm here right now visiting and while it's beautiful I would not recommend the OP to come here for whay he's looking for.

Although someone did bring up the refugees, I noticed in the area of Pradl(?) there seems to be quite a lot middle eastern people.
>>
This thread inspired me to watch Before Sunset. Holy FUCK I think it’s even better, how they were able to nail these exact same characters, while still accounting for their inevitable maturity, seven years later, is a feat. Really phenomenal work, both in the acting and direction/writing
>>
>>1653632
*nine years
My bad
>>
>>1653632
>>1653635
Fucking hell, I finished this. Devastated. 10/10.
>>
Don't forget there's a part 3, you guys. Before Midnight is worth a watch as well. I don't quite think it's as strong, but it ties things up nicely
>>
>>1653672
Jesse's comments about love at the end of Midnight completely changed my view on love
>>
>>1653900
What were they?I don't remember. How love changes as you get older?
>>
>>1653309
Do you have yellow fever?
>>
>Travelling in Sweden
>Meet and fall for an amazing, beautiful German girl
>Hang out a few times in Stockholm, and meet up again in Copenhagen for one day
>Hang out all day long, dance with her, make out nonstop like teenagers
>She admits she rarely ever feels this way about someone
>#metoo
>She was conflicted about meeting up because she was starting to fall for me and figured it was futile considering we may never see each other again
>I want to make an effort to see her again
>I'm romantic, she's pragmatic
>We part ways at the end of the night with a tender kiss and hug goodbye
>Woke up feeling more alone than ever
>Walked around Copenhagen in the rain this morning
>Every sad song possible plays in my shuffled list
>I fly out today
>Back to my shitty job, my shitty life
>Having a sad drink at the airport now
>Can't stop thinking about this movie
Kind of wish I'd never met her
>>
>>1654655
Was she against keeping in touch?
>>
>>1654302
No, I find Asian girls attractive, but I don't have yellow fever
I'm assuming you're the same guy who posts in every single thread about Korea asking the same questions to guys who have been with Asian girls
>>
>>1651889
Hey I live in Seville and I was thinking just that. Maybe I'll watch this film...
>>
>>1654885
How easy is for someone who doesn't speak any Spanish to get along there?
>>
>>1654684
Yeah, she viewed it as futile. Who knows -- I left her a long message, and ended with a line like "This is just me knocking on your door. It's up to you whether you open it or not." since I shared my philosophy of always trying to leave doors open in my life. It may be corny, but I think it's a good philosophy to have, and funny enough, a girl I met and hooked up with 3 or 4 years ago while on holiday just messaged me out of the blue with a very sweet message.

It's important to keep doors open, friends. Even though I don't feel the same way about the one who just messaged, it made me feel just a little bit better.
>>
>>1654655
where in copenhagen did you walk anon? I just got back to my country after studying there for a year and I miss it.
>>
>>1655056
Christiania. Was pretty and interesting to walk around, and there were lots of dogs available for pats, which made the day a bit better
>>
>>1655064
Cool bro I lived around 10 minutes walk south of there. Did you walk around the canals in Christianshavn?
>>
>>1654913
I moved here without speaking Spanish and survived and I know others who have done the same. That isn't to say that English proficiency is high here because it really isn't but you get by. In fact you could say there's enough English for you to never be in too much strife but not to the level that it makes it difficult to learn Spanish. The Seville accent can make learning the language a bit intimidating at times but it's fun really.

If you are just thinking of a brief trip though then you will be absolutely fine. In hostels and the touristy bits English levels are decent and the city is working to improve its offerings. I think it's a really beautiful place no-one would regret visiting. Summer is a bit too hot though so maybe miss that.
>>
>>1651772
Unironically Paris and Vienna centres, arguably Amsterdam as well. Make sure you do not go to the suburbs (especially Paris) which I found is an error non-European tourists often make.

These cities are not very big in surface and are like 10k to walk across entirely, which you won't want to do if you go on a stroll because you'll want to see the sights. To keep expectations real, the seasons are a very strong influence on the vibe of the cities. I found winter to be a bit dreary and cold but at night all the lights are quite beautiful.
>>
>>1655066
>>1655066
A small bit of time, yeah. It was a really cool area. I wish I had more time to spend there, actually. Even Freetowm would be cool to check out at night time. I bet the weekend night scene there is really cool and interesting.
>>
>>1654655
>>1653309
you didn't fuck her at least? jesus, fucking virgin nerds.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.