[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 8 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File deleted.
Has anyone ever been to Bethlehem, PA? Would you live there?
>>
>>1632017
My brother just went to Bethlehem. I think if you visit Jerusalem, which he highly recommends, it makes sense to go to Bethlehem as well.
As for your second question. Fuck no. The Palestinians are living a hard life. Why would anyone want to live there?
>>
>>1632147
he's talking about a town in Pennsylvania dumbass
>>
>>1632017

It depends on what you do for a living. PA can be a very comfy state, particularly if you have land. The Lehigh valley can be very nice. However, that whole area is a little depressed now that heavy industry and mining has moved out. You can probably get a good deal on property but at what cost
>>
>>1632017
It's nicer than allentown right next to it, which is full of el salvadoreans
>>
>>1632253
>>1632289
I'd go for two years of school. There are so few options for renting in Bethlehem, it seems.
>>
>>1632184
First of all OP didn't specify which country he was talking about, secondly everybody knows Bethlehem in Palestine but nobody outside the US has ever heard of Bethlehem in the USA, thirdly PA could easily be mistaken for Palestine.

God, the arrogance of Americans is incredible.
>>
>>1632312
>Fails to understand entire post, makes stupid mistake
>Blames Americans for his retardation
Eurolards, every time. To be fair, I suppose I’d be a seething mass of resentment too if I lived in a once-powerful now completely irrelevant country.
>>
>>1632306
ah, lehigh university
It's not bad if you're into /out/ since the poconos are only 30 minutes away, but beside that there's not much to do there that corner of PA.
If you're into /trv/ it's 1.5 hours from new york and 1 hour from philly, but that's by car and driving into either of those two cities for sight-seeing is hell
>>
>>1632306

Yeah for school it wouldn’t be too bad. Lehigh is a nice university from what I hear too.

That being said, the Lehigh Valley has a lot of the issue you’d expect from a post-industrial area. The poorer people are very white trash too. It’s not as bad in my experience as places like Ohio or western New York (Buffalo, Rochester, etc) but it’s not great either.

>>1632319

This anon is right too. There’s a lot of nice outdoorsy things to do. There’s a lot of farms and Amish shit. All and all a very comfy area if you can get over the post industrial stuff.

>>1632312

Imagine being incorrect about American geography and then being mad at everyone else because you are ignorant
>>
>>1632324
>>1632319
Do you have knowledge of the safe/unsafe areas for renting? Apparently, neighboring Allentown isn't safe at all. I'd probably drive to NYC/Philadelphia/D.C. once per month to see museums and such.
>>
>>1632315
>>1632324
>imagine making a thread about Los Angeles without saying you're talking about Chile and then resorting to insults when someone makes an honest mistake
>>
>>1632341
>imagine making a mistake because you didn’t understand the OP, then accusing an entire country of being arrogant when the fault is really on you, and then acting all innocent and wounded when people point out what an asshole you’re being
>>
>>1632312
As the guy who originally called you a dumbass, I'll be nice and take that back since I can see how it MIGHT be considered Palestine. But around both Americans, Europeans, and other foreigners, I've never seen anyone abbreviate states or countries outside the US like that.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.