[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: téléchargement (1).jpg (9 KB, 307x164)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
What's the worse company and plane you've flown in ?
>>
Really hated Eurowings, flight was so cramped, unclean and smelly, staff were as rude as fuck, made Ryanair seem good.
>>
It wasn't super horrible but for a company owned by a supposedly 5-star airline (Lufthansa) LOT was pretty shit.
>>
Cubana was pretty shit, I mean they try but what can you do with 50 year old planes, only semi competent crew, at least 30+ years old cabin product, cuban organisation and catering that is not worth the description catering.
Great for aviation geeks that want to fly on old as fuck soviet era metal (their weekly flight to Moscow is one of it's kind a kinda like time traveling, I don't know if they still do it) else better stay away.
>>
>>1629943
Spirit, because both flights that i've booked with them were cancelled, i never even set foot on their planes (which i assume is for the better)
>>
>>1629975
Second spirit. It's not just the flight itself, but the rude people who are always on Spirit flights.

Ryanair is also pretty trash, but the flight was cheap.
>>
>>1629943
Probably Ryanair but only because of the delay I've had with them. Quality wise they're fine for what you pay.
Emirates on the other hand and especially Etihad are not worth what you pay for the flights
>>
>>1629982
fuck all leg room
>>
Ryanair. So I'm pretty spoiled.
Also I do not subscribe to the Air Asia fan club everyone seems to be a member of. The flight attendants look hot, and that's about the only pro I can think of.
>>
>>1629943
Spring airline without a doubt.
>>
>>1629979
Spirit's fleet management is retarded, they picked FLL has a hub even though it thunderstorms every day there in the summer.
>>
>>1630003
I gotta admit I was hesitant to fly that one. But their flight attendants seemed to know their shit. At least they were efficient at keeping the mainlanders in check, they did not take any bullshit excuse from anyone. Smooth af landing in stormy island weather on first try, I was genuinely surprised. And we were on time. I feel extremely lucky with that one flight, I guess I should keep that good memory from the past, and not revisit Spring Airlines.
>>
>>1629985
I'm 6"0. If the flight is anything under 2,5 hours I'll be fine if I have to be a bit cramped for a while. For the price Ryanair offers, it's not bad.
Etihad and Emirates are praised by many but I have no idea why exactly that is. I'm not a fan of them and definitely do not praise them in any way for the prices they offer. Food was very shitty and service is still nothing compared to Singapore Airlines or even South Eastern
>>
Quantas, the flights are nice and comfortable but the flight attendants.are like mom-prison guards eho lecture you for asking for a third wine or scream.at you for. Taking your seatbelt off 30 seconds early
>>
domestic air canada and an embraer plane, they put a lot more effort into their international flights
was seated in the middle of the plane, but the a/c was only working in the front and back
flight was so long and hot I ended up with diaper rash and I had to spend a couple days doing nothing in a hotel to heal up before I could walk normally again at my destination
was a redeye, flight attendants would talk about it because they figured everyone was asleep
>>
>>1629943
Malaysia Airli
>>
The single worst was a Royal Thai Air flight on a 757 that should have been scrapped a decade earlier.

Consistently poor quality experiences, USAir (defunct now), United, and Delta.
>>
File: 41l2pw9igGL.jpg (18 KB, 330x220)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
i fucking hate frounter airlines so fucking much i hate them so much i had to sit in fucking devener for 16 hours adn the seats sucks and they make you PAY FOR WATER pay for water on the the fucking planne and it all smalles like like shit and the planes are all falling apart and they all have stupid fuckling animals on the tailes and the flight attenatsdsdfssa i fucking hate them so much paid 300 bucks to get sat betwerrn other poor people i hate porr people so much i hate asians.
>>
Probably Air Asia because it's like Ryanair but then long-distance. No food, no entertainment, shit seats.
The oddest airline I've ever taken is called Wamos Air. It feels like it was lifted straight out of the 70s, uniforms and all. I should have taken pictures on board.
>>
>>1629943
BA because I always seem to get stuck on the old ass 747s they have. I wasn't able to check in online for my flight at Miami last week so had to do it at the airport and they had one person dealing with all the economy passengers (1hr+ wait) but 5 for first and business. I know premium cabins make a lot more revenue for them but they could at least pretend to give a shit. Miserable flight attendants too.
>>
>>1630198
I loved Thai airways. The food was great. Rice with a Pad Krapao was served. The fight attendants were friendly and also quite attractive.
>>
British Airways. Ryan Air Tier Service on what is supposed to be a first tier carrier. Will actively avoid whenever I can.

Also one time on a Qatar Airways flight the pilot just dropped so suddenly that my ears popped badly and I lost some hearing temporarily (happened before during a diving accident). Thankfully I had a second leg flight which adjusted it back again but still. Incompetence
>>
>>1630205
>poorfag who can't afford a better airline complains about being around other poorfags
Cope
>>
Spirit Airlines. They canceled my first flight then the next one I could get on was delayed 14 hours. Their text instead of call help service is beyond unusable. It will reply 8-14 hours later then when you try to continue to conversation it starts over as too much time as passed.
>>
>>1629943
I forgot who but I fucking hate trans Atlantic flights w no God damned included meal, like it costs them 2$ just give me a God damned meal
>>
I think pound for pound United is the worst airline I’ve been on. They’re fucking awful, but they always happen to offer the best deals on flights within the US so I wind up taking them. Never had a good flight with United.

Internationally Alitalia was pretty shit.
>>
Back in the day American Eagle or US Airways (purchased by AA and United, respectively I think).

You will never encounter seats so small in your lifetime.

I still run into the occasional issue with poor people on southwest flights. I pay for the business select upgrade, so I get A1-A15 boarding status. For a long flight that means the aisle, for a short flight the window.

Very often an overweight or straight up obese person in the C31-C60 boarding group will take the middle seat :(
On a recent southwest flight, we couldn't even put the armrests down due to the width of one lady's waist.
>>
Air Europa
>>
Alitalia
>>
Air Berlin. They really do their name justice with Berlin-tier rude employees. It didn't help that Tegel is worse than some third world country airports.
Good fucking riddance.
>>
Domestic Chinese airlines are so bad that it's almost enjoyable which is why if I can I fly with them for business in China
>meals blow dick
>people on board, in true Chinese fashion, are HORRIBLE
>planes uncomfortable
>nothing works
>attendants usually pissed off from having to deal with fellow Chinese passengers
>dirty
>check in people always manage to get something wrong
I could go on but at the end of the day it's all relatively harmless, prices are pretty cheap so it offsets the anger.
>>
>>1629943
Avianca.

Terrible delays and shit food.

Where I live I don't have many options to travel, but I avoid them like the plague. I've even added a stopover in another airline to avoid fucking Avianca.
>>
>>1630205
Lol, I flew on frontier recently, first time I ever was on a plane. It's the budget airlines. So far I haven't found any cheaper operating in the U.S. It did kind of suck to have no power outlets or wifi but it was nice to be able to travel on such a short budget.
>>
>>1630205
also, after you got past security you could have got some water from the airport and taken it on the plane.
>>
>>1629943
>norwegian
totally no-frills. no meals even on long flights
>>
>>1630779
But thats not bad, you actually know what you signed up for before buying you ticket. Kinda like the newest *A super budget long haul ticket that only include a carry-on and go for often under $100 per leg and a single 25kg piece of luggage will triple the price.
>>
>>1630663
I assume you're either somewhere in Central America or deep in the South Cone. I don't know of any airlines that are less shitty than Avianca, maybe LATAM. What do you fly instead? Copa?
>>
>>1630170
they've got that Rain Man reputation to protect
>>
South China Air and any other cheap Asian airline. The flight itself is usually below average but tolerable (my standards are pretty low), but they always fuck something up administration-wise. I got an email telling me my flight was now a day later than I had booked, and that just turned out not to be true. It was a typo in the email.
>>
>>1630004
Yeah they're really dumb for picking an area where tons of people go for vacation
>>
Most of this thread is people flying on budget airlines and expecting first class service, kek
>>
>>1630860
This is stupid reasoning. Are budget hotels with dirty sheets, broken faucets and bugs acceptable because it's cheap?

KEK!!!!
>>
>>1630880
That's stupid reasoning
>>
>>1630779

Norwegian is the best budget airline there is, especially if you pay the extra $40 for food
>>
>>1630880
>Are budget hotels with dirty sheets, broken faucets and bugs acceptable because it's cheap?
Pretty much. You get what you pay for.
>>
>>1629943
I want to say AirChina from Beijing to Europe. Some of the attendants act so strange to people unless they're Chinese. Their website sucks too and apparently the customer service is shit. At least they have good inflight food
>>
>>1629943
InterJet, for some reason made me hate whole of Mexico and I am not even sure if Interjet is mexican.
>>
>>1630205
If you are flying on a budget airline, buy water at the gate or fill your water bottle from a water fountain. Even good airlines aren’t great about getting drinks to you when you really want them, so expect nothing from a budget airline.
>>
Worst airline probably delta international.

For baggage ANA FUCK THAT SHIT
>get ticket for bag on plane unsure what it is for exactly
>can't just leave the airport after picking my shit up
>have to wait at LAX counter in line full of retards to show it's my checked bags with the ticket I got one the plane
>ticket and luggage please
k whatever
>okay did you enjoy your flight?
Yeah just ready to get out of here get home
>okay I understand but would you like to take a survey on your experience?
No
>Is there anything else we can help with maybe connection?
No
>leaving
>SIR DID YOU STOP BY ANA DESK? by TSA people
yes
>okay just checking can we see your paper
here is the receipt
>okay have a good day

Took like 30 extra minutes just to get through that shit. Like fuck I don't have to do this with like any other airline.
>>
Ive done all the budget airlines and theyre fine. the worst for me is Thomas Cook. They believe theyre above the likes of easyjet, Jet2, Ryanair yet they are the same and cost more. Meals are probably worse.
>>
Was reading reviews of shitty airlines on TripAdvisor last week and Dynamic International Air who do charters to Cuba sounds horrific. They purposefully overbook their flights by dozens of passengers and then at the airport they kick off all the people who bought cheaper fares, and never issue refunds. They also separate families or couples traveling together by assigning them distant seats, and charge an upgrade fee to sit together. They must have ruined the vacations of thousands of relatively poor people.
>>
>>1631559
protip for those weird ass ~first world~ airports where you only have warm water coming out of taps and no water fountains: find the toilet with the baby changing station, those always have taps where you can adjust the temperature. there you can get cold water. (obv. don't do this in places where you cannot drink tap water.)
>>
With low-cost airlines (Spirit, etc.) I know what I'm in for and they're usually not so long that it become really annoying.

But once I took a long-haul Air Canada flight from Peru to Toronto that was absolutely miserable since it was run on basically a budget airline basis. It might have been some sub-brand but I didn't notice when booking the flight. Absolutely awful flight.
>>
>>1631589
...looking, it was probably a "Rouge" flight. Completely not the same thing as a regular Air Canada international flight. AVOID.
>>
Whats the problem with Delta?
They gave me mucb more legroom than some other airlines
>>
File: 1557203463272.webm (2.28 MB, 1280x720)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB WEBM
>>1631827
>Whats the problem with Delta?
n-nothing
>>
Aeroflot. Everything from other passengers to service to employees was bad. Flew with them for work and arrived without sleep because they kept intentionally waking me up.

Current job i fly with asia southern for free but i rarely travel for leisure. Its tiny and noisy and I’ve had plenty delays and lost luggage. Most flights are filled with first time newly rich Chinese that don’t know how to behave.

Ryanair would make the top list. But its like paying for 50cent worth of street food and be surprised when you shit blood. You get what you pay for.
>>
Belavia
>>
>>1631572
>over book then kick you off plane and leave you stranded in a foreign country
holy fucking shit I'm trying to imagine that happening in the US and the shitstorm that would come from it
>>
>Spirit Airlines
>Get sat between a moderately overweight guy and a cross dressing asian brony
Never again
>>
>>1631839
It is happening in the US. Go read the reviews, half of them were flights leaving from the US.
>>
>>1631839
Happens a bunch in the US I always fucking take them if I can. Got like a hotel + 1500 dollar voucher to be on the next flight in the morning at 10. Some domestic flights to the last time I did west coast to chicago I got like 400 bucks to leave 8 hours later, just left the airport drank came back and slept on the plane.
>>
>>1630245
Air Asia is like riding an old taxi cab with black leatherette headrests plus tight leg space desu.
>>
Frontier. Seats like a prison bus and crap leg room. No comment on the service though, didn't have any delays or problems where I had to deal with them in that way.

I'd fly them again though if the savings are great enough.
>>
>>1631986
I don’t think these budget airlines give you shit for a big delay or cancellation if they can avoid it, I think they just hope you will just deal with it, give you some 800 number to call that does nothing, and hope you will not press the issue legally, which most people won’t because they don’t have the time.
>>
Air Canada: Delays
American: Dick ass flight attendants
Frontier: Just being shit in general
Spirit: My friend was demoted from like first class to economy and had to sit in the middle of a hispanic family the entire flight. He said he could pick up bits and pieces of what they said through his two years of spanish in middle school.
>>
>>1629943
qantas used to be good but they're now the worst flag carrier i've ever been on
the flight attendants are terrible
air canada is similarly bad

ryanair isn't great but you get what you pay for

american airlines was fucked, gave me one pretzel and nothing else for a 5 hour flight

ironically, all the russian flights i've been on (red wings, s7 etc) have been fantastic
>>
Why are all US carriers absolute garbage?
>>
>>1631828
>2019
>flying on an MD-80
Hard pass. Book on a newer Embraer or Bombardier. If I can't find a flight out of my shitty regional airport that's not an MD-80, I just make the hour drive to the closest international airport.
>>
>>1632870
Flight attendant unions. Southwest is pretty good though. Their FAs are always perky, and not elderly women either
>>
>>1630186
underrated
>>
>>1633031
>Flight attendant unions.
So stupid
>>
>>1633436
>unions
Retarded. Slaves should be slaves.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.