[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 126 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Please consider donating to help the victims of the KyoAni studio fire: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-kyoani-heal

File: 2012-08-21-travelnew.jpg (869 KB, 980x4014)
869 KB
869 KB JPG
Literally had the opposite effect on me. The idea that "traveling" and "experiencing new cultures and types of people" can reduce prejudice doesn't hold much water if you're stuck in a limited space (plane, train, restaurant, concert, line for something) with Indian nationals or Chinese tourists.

- Visit a nice resort in southeast asia. Signs everywhere in Chinese reminding them not to spit.
- Movie theaters and airplanes (especially red eyes) are the choice location for the "haaaaaawk!" "ptoooey"
- One Indian will stand in line for something. When he gets to the entrance, his massive family will suddenly appear and join him.
- Just as an airplane is about to land (and I mean 6 seconds to the wheels making their initial touch of the ground), I saw an Indian get up and try to remove something from an overhead bin. He was immediately sent flying by the landing sheer force.
- Rather than people exiting the plane row-by-row in an orderly fashion, the minute the plane lands the asians rush the aisles and run up as fast as they can to the exits.
- If children misbehave in public (ie, kicking the chairs of the people in front of them), Arabs and Indians remain completely silent. Disciplining one's children in public is a faux pas for whatever retarded reason.
>>
>>1629122
I don't think it makes anyone less racist, but it helps you understand people and their cultures a lot better. Where as you may not have empathized with someone jumping the border before, after seeing how shitty some Central American countries are, you start to get it.
>>
File: 1538263171509.jpg (66 KB, 1024x574)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>1629122
>Just as an airplane is about to land (and I mean 6 seconds to the wheels making their initial touch of the ground), I saw an Indian get up and try to remove something from an overhead bin. He was immediately sent flying by the landing sheer force.
kek
>>
Living in China made me more racist against blacks.
>>
If anything it made me more racist. Chinese are insects; Indians, Russians and Africans are a pest.
>>
No It didn't, I still think globalization is a terrible idea
>>
>>1629122
Because I have been to a fair few places, I feel more qualified to make observations or generalisations about certain peoples (americans, greeks, chinese for me mainly).

>>1629141
I agree with this too.

Also the Christchurch Shooter was inspired to do what he did after travelling the world, fun fact, kek
>>
1-%98 of humanity is disgusting.
2- we do not kill each other right now because there is no benefits.
3- if there is no food around, those so called civil people can kill and eat your whole family without doubt.
4- humans are survivor machines and they can do what ever it takes. ehumans survived by staying with their groups. they were racist and that's how they survived. we are sons of racists.

so did travel make me less racist?

no. i'm more racist right now. i almost hate entire human race and i see them as a threat. and i still feel sorry for those chubby south east asian fast food workers. they look desperate, poor and sad. i wish i can make them happy.
>>
>>1629169
Living in China made me hate eh Chinese, Indians, blacks, and the English.
>>
Travel has shown me that racism is nothing to be ashamed of.

>Thais literally enslaving and killing desperate Burmese migrants
>Chinese think everyone else is beneath them
>Arabs think everyone else is beneath them
>Japanese think everyone else is beneath them
>Africans running scams everywhere
>Drunken British and Aussie assholes everywhere
>bitchy Murrican girls thinking their shit don't stink
>shitheaded Murrican guys telling everyone how much their country sucks, while only able to get jobs and get laid because they're from the USA
>obnoxious hapas hating everyone because they don't fit in anywhere
>>
>>1629211
holy fucking cringola please seek mental hopeola
>>
>>1629182
How are they pests?
>>
>>1629225
>Africans running scams everywhere
Yeah that’s totally about their character and not because they are genuinely poor as fuck most of the time lol
>>
Travelling made me realise that the stereotypes about certain groups exist, but then again it also introduced me many people who do not fit that same image.

The only people who time and time again fulfil their negative perception are mainland Chinese tourists, Brits, and yanks travelling in groups of 3 or more. 2 or less of any and they're fine.
>>
>>1629241
your point ?
>>
>>1629122
Australians are the niggers of the whole world!
I fucking hate them!
I have never met a more obnoxious group of people in existence!
They not only happily accept being stupid and uneducated morons, they’re actually proud of it! And they’re race mixers which I usually disagree with but in their case it’s a good thing because they’re fat stupid shitty women breeding with a 60iq Kalahari bushmen would actually raise the National IQ a few points.
They’re never good travellers, he’ll they’re never good posters here, in fact every incel shit post you read here is in fact a retard from Australia leaping as a retard. That’s the level of their so called humour & pastimes.
And the biggest insult of all, if you are not white they honestly believe they’re role models, that other countries should aspire to be like them!
These people ruin the planet.
>>
>>1629211
Have sex
>>
>>1629241
There are plenty of poor people all over the world who don't go around trying to scam others.

I think that says a lot about your character, that you think they're justified or at least excused.
>>
>>1629335
well put anon
>>
The fucking Australians
>>
File: skins-n-sharps.jpg (95 KB, 590x360)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>1629303
>>1629352

get mad
sounds like you fellas need to loosen up and learn how to enjoy a holiday
>>
I think travelling is more likely to help you realise that no matter where you go, people are just trying to live their lives. Chinese tourists and Chinese people have a bad reputation for being rude, mean, and inconsiderate where I'm from. Chinese tourists absolutely live up to this stereotype largely, but having actually visited China I was blown away by how friendly and selfless people were. I had complete strangers go out of their way to help my dumb, helpless self - a lot of which I didn't really deserve considering that I didn't bother to learn even a phrase of Mandarin. Even a taxi driver I got into an argument with because I thought he was trying to scam me was actually trying to help me, which I felt bad about after. There were bad people too, but I realised that everywhere you go people are basically nice.

The thing you have to remember about the Chinese (and their tourists in particular) is that they're basically just where America was 100 years ago. Unprecedented economic boom, and an entire class of nouveau riche now travelling and fucking shit up, with little respect for the original culture. They're in their own gilded age, a lot of superficiality and excessive displays of wealth. But I think that's just how cultures tend to evolve.

That being said, I don't think there's anything wrong with acknowledging differences between cultures. I find Koreans to be distressingly superficial and exploitative. But at their most basic level everybody is basically nice and just trying to live.
>>
>>1629352
t. triggered burger

Aussies are based, you're just a soft cunt.
>>
>>1629378
t. triggered bogan
>>
>>1629378
Nah they're just fucking everywhere, go back to your overpriced hellhole of a country
>>
>>1629352
nah.
>>
It made me a lot less racist. Now the only people I really don't like as a whole are Indians. I'm sure there are some good ones but I want nothing to do with most of them.
>>
Black American tourists have always been nice and well-behaved when I have met them so the amount of hate they get all over 4chan makes me confused
>>
>>1629410
The ones that are interested in travel usually aren't the ones who live on MLK Blvd. and twerk for cash on worldstar.

At least I'd imagine that's the line of reasoning people have
>>
I've been lucky to never experience massive amounts of Indians in my travels. I dont think I wasnt really all that racist before I left, and if anything it turned me away from the Chinese, making me racist. Fucking everywhere clogging everything up and just taking massive amounts of pictures and selfies. I work in the hotel right now as I finish school/save up for my next trip and they arent any better.
Just the general travel horror storie

>On train once, think it was in Japan.
>Woman just starts changing the baby's diaper right there, on the seat
>Smells like shit
>Everyone just kinda moves away

Work Problems
>The chinese come from some tour group.
>Not sure which name Directly, I know them as Mountain Tour and Asia America Tour
>Explicitly tell each guide that this hotel is non-smoking and they must smoke outside
>Every time they state how no one in their group smokes
>Will constantly catch chinese smoking outside their rooms, or just prop the door open and smoke on the threshold
>Still indoors, and gotta yell at them, then the tour guide.

>I set up breakfast
>Aware of how they chinese are at this point and plan for it
>Make 3x as much food as normal
>Small group comes in
>Somehow cleans house
>Trying to refill everything and also deal with other customers checking out
>They'll just come over and start yelling in Chinese about something while I'm obviously helping someone else

Have pretty much learned how to say "I will take care of the problem soon" in Chinese. The people themselves are typically fine, but the problem of just bringing their culture with them and not trying to be considerate is irritating.
>>
>>1629410
Same here, they are really good people. White American tourists on the other hand can be very annoying.
>>
>>1629225
Funny even though I get what you’re saying (and will definitely cut fellow whites some slack for ‘racism’ given how much more cruelly the rest behave for the most part), nationalism isn’t really for me any more after years of living in Asia.

My experiences here confirmed to me that nationalism and collectivism are essentially manmade prisons, sure they are a result of our imprinted instincts for collective survival, but nevertheless that’s what they are.

I’m still racist in the sense that I have gained very strong impressions of what particular groups tend to be like, but that doesn’t mean I’m any happier about anyone else telling me what to do because of what I look like or my background, regardless of what the people trying to boss me around look like.

Basically Asians taught me that men can be enslaved to anything: their nation, a woman, their family, their possessions, their ego, their image.

And it’s not that Westerners don’t have these faults too, of course they do. The difference is that Asian societies are so uncomfortably oppressive that you are forced to face unpleasant realities, not just about them but people period, that you often don’t have to in the West as much, because of how much more superficially pleasant and personable people are.

tldr Asia turned me into a meme libertarian
>>
>>1629425
Same, but I lived in a South Asian country for a while. Honestly, it made me reflect a bit on my own society. Indian people, for instance, often face immense pressure from their parents, family, and society--in terms of what to study, what career to pursue and how to act. At the same time, I also find that many have very robust familial support networks, with parents doing far more to support their kids than tends to happen in the West.

Sometimes I like to joke that one could make an ideal culture by just taking the extremes of both sides and averaging them out.
>>
>>1629449
>Sometimes I like to joke that one could make an ideal culture by just taking the extremes of both sides and averaging them out.

I don’t think so, because that culture basically already exists in places like Greece and Turkey, and it’s not quite ideal.

To me at least it’s more that while I can see the downsides of excessive individualism that /pol/ tells us all about and that Asians enjoy gleefully pointing out as weaknesses, I still feel like it’s a good thing that a society like ours exists/has existed, merchants and all. Even if it won’t last.
>>
>>1629352
Found the New Zealander
>>
File: 1551057557653.jpg (20 KB, 480x480)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>1629425
>The difference is that Asian societies are so uncomfortably oppressive that you are forced to face unpleasant realities, not just about them but people period

Having lived in South Korea for 8 years, I've reached the same conclusion. I really enjoy living in Korea, but only as an expat that's outside the bullshit system Koreans have trapped themselves in. I would hate to be a Korean male.
That isn't to say my home country is better. Which is why I find the expat life so agreeable.
>>
Travelling through southeast Asia made me support colonialism.
>>
>>1629211
>%98 humidity is disgusting.
>>
Absolutely. As much as cultural differences exist, down at the core we are all just humans who want to live a comfy live while striving for personal happiness and fulfillment. It's the extremists within those groups that stand out much more unfortunately and which we project our views of certain cultures on
>>
Made me like Americans more.
Made me like Indians and Chinese less.
Made me absolutely loathe the locals in my own country more.

Nobody is born racist and while some may teach you to be racist; I found that it's the race themselves that make you dislike them.
>>
>>1629489
Ironically you can probably express colonialist views in most of Southeast Asia without getting much pushback.

The history is old enough that most of the locals are nostalgic for a French and British past they never personally experienced. Hell you can even openly defend America’s record on the streets of Saigon, and there’s a 50:50 chance the local with agree with you but perhaps advise you to be a little quieter about it (and that was in living memory).
>>
CHINA and Korea are actually probably the #1 and #2 places in Asia where saying the wrong thing politically will land you in trouble. Oh and possibly Indonesia but who goes there?
>>
>>1629211
This is a very primal way of thinking. The whole point of civilization is we work together to survive rather than being selfish.
>>
Yeah look, being a white guy in Asia, I disliked seeing non-Asians.
>>
>>1629303
Spotted the Indonesian
>>
>>1629557
>>
>>1629563
Nah not even like that, ironically I just fucking hate tourists.
>>
>>1629570
What were you, then?
>>
>>1629540
Not true in the Philippines. They bitch constantly about us Murricans while simultaneously begging to fuck us so they can get pregnant and ride that sweet child support gravy train for the rest of their lives.

I had one contact me on PlentyOfFish. She openly expressed contempt for colonialism and for Robert Mugabe's white genocide -- she called him "inspirational". But she was trying to get me to date her because she wanted to marry an American (white of course) so she could get the fuck out of her shithole country. Bitch, you think murdering whites is happy fun times and you think I'm going to date you?

>>1629420
>I set up breakfast
>Aware of how they chinese are at this point and plan for it
>Make 3x as much food as normal
>Small group comes in
>Somehow cleans house
They literally pack everything up and put it in their bags to take with them.

Costco in Taiwan has switched their napkin dispenser types twice now. People were taking all the napkins home, so they started using bathroom paper towels. But those were still flat, and could be stripped out of the dispenser and tucked away, so now they've gone to paper towels on some weird roll dispenser that is fucking annoying to use.

You should see them on the ketchup/mustard/onion/picklerelish dispensers. They crank out an entire plate full of the stuff on top of a slice of pizza, mix it (yummy mustardketchuponionpickle slop on seafood pizza!), then eat it right there in Costco, then crank out another plate full of onions and mustard to take home.

And that's an IMPROVEMENT over their behavior ten years ago. Now they at least buy something first. Used to be, they'd just shove a plastic bag underneath and start cranking out the condiments, without ever even buying some food first.
>>
>>1629575
That's why I said its ironic
>>
>>1629576
Can confirm Costco shoppers in Korea are the same. For some reason costco here is just rolling with the punches though
>>
Its made me more racist.

Hate people in my country who are so entitled especially the women.
Hate chinks even more. They should be forcibly confined to chinkland and never let out.
Hate indians.
Like certain groups, taiwanese, viet, etc. lots of nice hard working people.
Loaaathe brits. Ugly fat women who never shut up and drunk soilent "men".

Basically travel has shown me that the first world is entitled cunts, second world is disgusting insects obsessed with making money and the third world is full of cool hard working people.
>>
>>1629576
>People were taking all the napkins home, so they started using bathroom paper towels.
Poor areas and in college towns, the toilet paper dispensers are locked for this reason. Poor and dishonest people steal everything, from the salt and pepper shakers and ashtray on the table to literal bags filled with ketchup packets.
>>
>>1629122
Saw some Taiwanese food vendors pick up food from the floor but proceeding to sell it anyway. Travel has reminded me of how disgusting Asian people are.
>>
>>1629600
Do you mean vegetables and fruits or like something people were 100% going to eat without washing
>>
>>1629603
No you stupid bitch, it was hot food they were selling to customers. They were trying to be sneaky about it too.
>>
>>1629606
Alright no need for the language, I was just curious.
>>
>>1629600
Taiwan invented gutter oil so i am not too surprised
>>
>>1629609
Taiwan and mainland are really not that different deep down. Mainland actually has a worse reputation than it deserves in terms of the nature of the people compared to other Asian countries due to geopolitics.
>>
>>1629122

I'd say that travel just makes everyone more understanding and realistic. So you're more racist, but more understanding of why other cultures do the stupid shit that they do
>>
>>1629576

Why are chinese people like this? Like seriously, were they taught absolutely no manners? Were they not taught the very simple concept of don't steal shit -- or at least do it in a basically benign way? I was poor as shit growing up and always asked for extra ketchup in mcdonalds to bring home, but that's about it. East asians in general are honestly a bizarre group of people
>>
>>1629634
It's an interesting take IMO. Traveling makes me wanna visit other cultures, and like, have some multiculturalism.
But then I also realize Democracy is unable to function with so many diverse ideas and thoughts. IE, the current Western Countries falling apart because ANYONE can vote, which doesnt seem to actually be a good thing. The person will vote what is best for them, and very few will vote what is actually good for the country. So like, I'm not racist because I think one culture/group of people are better or lesser than mine. But because I understand how incompatible the mix of cultures truly is after having to adjust myself to live there for any period of time.
I think half the reason Asia looks so good to people wanting to move there is because most of Asia is lowkey Nationalist, and while I'm not to sure on the whole Voting aspect, they give the illusion that the people care for their country and doing what is best for it. Setting aside the whole third/second world country aspect. Like what >>1629589 said
>the third world is full of cool hard working people.

I realize this is a scattered and I apologize for that. I have a huge interest in the political aspect of Asia as a whole since about mid 1800's until current, and how it reflects with Western Countries having evolved in that time frame too.
>>
>>1629649
>I think half the reason Asia looks so good to people wanting to move there is because most of Asia is lowkey Nationalist

Is this really true though? Not all expats in Asia are /pol/tards seeking an illusory East Aryan wonderland I hope
>>
>>1629650
No no. I dont mean Nationalist in its current political usage, I mean in its original usage. A Nationalist was effectively someone who cared for and loved their country. Not the current "My Race/Nation is better than yours get out nigger". I was originally similar to a Patriot. They were replaceable words until WW2 and it was used a propaganda to fight the Nazi. The difference between a Nationalist and a Patriot is vague as they are more or less the same thing, but without rewriting my 20 pg long thesis a tl;dr being
>Patriots love their Country IE. the land they come from and its people. Fight for it.
>Nationalists love their Nation IE. Land and Government and want it to prosper. Weary of outside Nations weakening their own.

Ironically, I believe both political parties in America are Nationalist but that requires a more in-depth examination of the words than the one I've given.

And while no one except /pol/ seems to realize, Asia has not really accept any Immigrants. So it's a pretty homogeneous people in comparison to Western countries for the past 60 some odd years. While the fucking western globalist undermine the western economy and government by trying to be multicultural.
>>
>>1629656
>And while no one except /pol/ seems to realize, Asia has not really accept any Immigrants.

Some /pol/acks seem to love this in a weird masochistic kind of way though

>oh that’s it yeah you hate my hairy fat white ass don’t you insult me more call me a witto piggu tell me I’m not good enough be autistically materialistic and soulless that’s it yeah so ethnonationalist oh god
>>
>>1629576
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You go to Costco you povvowanker
>>
>>1629664
Costco is great what are you talking about
>>
If anything, travelling has made me a better perspective, allowing me to better understand others.

Also, I consistently seem to pick out destinations that severely limit my interactions with large groups of tourists, and the ones you meet in these locations are almost invariably nice people - even that young Taiwanese couple that had disgusting table manners during my last trip were actually really well-educated and pleasant other than their eating habits, and the gang of Chinese expat labourers gave me breakfast. I've been shown almost nothing but kindness by fellow tourists and locals alike, regardless of their nationality, race or religion.

Also, it has made me realize most of the Western world is bathing in luxury, and that SHTF levels have to be extreme before people migrate out of need.
>>
File: 1533397448034.png (869 KB, 986x797)
869 KB
869 KB PNG
>>1629664
>he doesn't buy non-perishable/frozen staples in bulk at costco in order to save money and invest more

confirmed not going to make it
>>
>>1629816
>being that poor
you never going to make it to begin with.

my most memorable experience was a group of Vietnamaes or Chinese gave me a cup of ramen. I thought it was really kind and it stuck with me all these years for some reason. Traveling made me more empathetic and humble.
>>
File: 1543949534553.jpg (389 KB, 1284x980)
389 KB
389 KB JPG
>>1629823
>he can't even afford the $200 annual membership!
>>
>>1629824
>lacks reading comprehension
no wonder you're poor
>>
>go to Europe
>see fat people being really loud and looking really confused
Yep it did make me hate Americans even more than I used to
>>
>see euros come on cruise ship into my town
>men have shirts that are 4 sizes too small, shorts that show their ballsack, stumble around aimlessly in streets lost, arrogant when looking at locals
they're always so fucking weird I don't get it, it's like they're trying super hard to be cool or something. I'm not saying us Americans are the pride and joy when we travel but at least we don't carry this looming cloud of douchiness wherever we go
>>
>>1629410
The only black american I met overseas was in a TEFL course in HCM. She came in to the class every day either wearing some blm tier slogan on a t-shirt or wearing some wierd african dresses, I have never met anyone who fit the american steriotype tourist except for her. The schools manager came in to teach the new people how to live in the city, where to get good groceries and how to travel, after showing a bunch of slides and asking if anyone had any questions, she asked the vietnamee girl why skin whitening cream was popular here and lectured her for 20 minutes on how vietnamese should be proud of their brown skin, after that she proceeded to show the manager pictures of idris elba for ages. Other times she got really angry at a russian girl who was some semi professional hip hop dancer in her country because it's racist because she's white. I also suspect she was from a well of fsmily in a good white neighbourhood because her black accent was so forced.
>Yo can you wait a minute, I'm just emailing my homegirl from college
Being in close proximity to a black american woman for a month in a third world country was stressful, I'd never mey an african or african american before and I thought maybe the memes were just /pol/ lies but they might be on to something.
>>
>>1629857
They must have been scared of her and thought she was some devil
>>
>>1629650
Of course not. Most expats are left-leaning "I'm so smart and tolerant" shitheads who hate their own culture and love everything turd-world. (Namaste! BRB taking a dip in the Holy Ganges and then dying of dysentery because Indian culture is so awesome compared to McDonald's!)

Which is exactly why they love the racist, nationalist places like China, Taiwan, Japan, and Thailand -- because these places aren't falling apart like the UK or U.S. That "destroy the dominant culture!" crap doesn't fly. (China's "Cultural Revolution" wasn't some sort of "subvert the dominant paradigm!" bullshit like the left pulls in the U.S., it was a faction fight among the communist leadership -- Mao, the "Gang of Four", and a few other allies of theirs -- using the people as proxies/pawns to try to increase the various leaders' standings.) China will literally imprison you if you try to subvert what the CCP wants. The others will at least ostracize you and will deport the most trouble-making foreigners.

Leftists love that authoritarian stuff. They lap it up. They love the stability it represents. Sure, they claim they want to overturn it in the name of egalitarianism and tolerance and love and all that shit, but really they just act out their daddy issues and want a firm hand to spank them hard.
>>
>>1629841
>Americans
>carry this looming cloud of douchiness wherever we go
thats literally American tourists though.
>>
File: 1558383032153.jpg (37 KB, 807x659)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>1629841
>cruise ship
>expecting normal tourists
>>
>>1629410
>>1629413
>>1629421
This is what we deal with at home:

>>1629497

Be glad it takes some serious commitment to travel outside the U.S. You won't see these as often because they can't afford it and are too stupid to figure out how to get passports. The 25% of the black population with felony convictions also prevents the worst from getting visas (most countries require convicted criminals to get a visa, not just do visa-exempt or visa-on-arrival -- or so I hear anyway, from a friend who got convicted of DUI and bitches about it every time he tries going out of the country).

Oh, you didn't believe me when I said 25% of American blacks have felony criminal convictions?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/09/170928121641.htm

33% of black males

https://www.libertariannews.org/2014/06/05/what-percentage-of-us-adult-population-that-has-a-felony-conviction/

25% of blacks (male and female)

And that's DESPITE judges in urban areas bending over backwards to avoid convicting blacks of crimes -- diversion programs, plea bargains down to misdemeanors, decriminalization of thefts, or just plain ignoring that anything happened. Not to mention all the crimes that go unreported or unconvicted because "snitches get stitches" and testifying witnesses get murdered.
>>
>>1629122
I’m probably more racist or at least aware how different other culture. I actually love Asia because how safe it is here. Being in London made me jumpy especially around blacks. I grew up in a shitty, UK city and I’ve gotten into fights growing up. Asia may be a hell hole in some ways, but at least the people here don’t chimp out and want to protect their culture.
>>
>>1630179
I went to India and I felt far less safe there than in the UK
>>
>>1630183
How?

Ive been to india and ive seen a ton of other travel vlogs on youtube and some of those people go to the slums and make it out alive.

Im not saying bad things cant happen but for the most part indians are kinda weak as hell and not many of them would physically be able to harm you. Some might have some mental issues and try to sell you some shit and et angry because you dont fall for their scam but honestly if you dont visit certain areas you dont get all the touts.

Id much rather take a stroll through a poor neighborhood of india as a foreigner than a poor neighborhood in brazil/baltimore/detroit/etc places.
>>
Made me leftie as fuck
>saw how greed fucked up countries
>ralized how retarded people get without public schooling
>met so many dumb people stuck in their narrow views
Racist idk. I don’t think it had to do with any kind of genetics for sure. Different culture though...
>>
>>1630306
Nigga you living in the same world as me? Humanity is just dumb regardless of how much schooling they've had. Public or Private.
>>
>>1629303
Was just a bit of bantah mate
>>
Made me realize the level of entitlement of Western girls :
>Go to Asia
>Don't expect much because I trust 4chan memes
>Girls are actually beautiful and super sweet
>All the white guys end up with locals
>Western girls get super mad, and spend all their days body shaming asians and trashing them for x or y
>All the asians and most of the expacts still want to date them but "now when there is a guy I like I have to talk to him or something it's so humiliating"

Chinese have a complex of superiority
>>
File: 1555776112392.png (474 KB, 754x694)
474 KB
474 KB PNG
>>1630582
>the level of entitlement of Western girls
They're really obnoxious, aren't they.

>all the local guys don't make enough money to support me the way I want
>all the local guys have small dicks
>all the local guys just want to fuck me to say they fucked an American girl
>all the expat guys are sleazeballs with yellow fever
>all the expat guys are losers
>all the expat guys expect me to put out because I haven't gotten laid in a year
>all the local women are skinny and compliant
>how dare they not be blue-haired strong confident womyn raging bitches like me
picrelated, le Western Womyn
>>
>>1630376
Yes, but there's still a significant difference between educated and uneducated people. Pretty big one at that - I've met people who were so uneducated they hadn't heard of a nearby city with 2 million inhabitants. And with nearby I mean within a day's walk. Asking for directions in that region was hard because the people knew absolutely nothing, whereas in neighbouring countries I could ask for directions to much smaller cities several hundred kilometres away.
>>
>>1629141
Agreed. You can still be sympathetic of other cultures and people while opposing multiculturalism and mass immigration.
>>
>>1630306
Private education is a buttarded idea but public education is dystopian af

Home schooling is objectively the best
>>
File: laugh.jpg (6 KB, 225x225)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>1630623
what is it with the utter retards here and their confident announcements about what's objectively good. the downsides of an anonymous message board.
>>
>>1630623

The unspoken "true" point of private schools is that it adds a barrier-for-entry, in this case the cost of attendance.

What does this barrier do? Keep out the people unable or unwilling to pay it, and the problems they bring along with them.

Private schools aren't filled with kids with behavior issues (who disrupt the learning of others) nor un-involved parents. If a teacher calls a conference with a student's parents over an issue, that issue gets resolved shortly thereafter. In a public school? "Fuck you cracka! You don git 'a tell me how ta raze muh chyle!"
>>
>>1629211
You've not even been outside your own basement in the last 5 years you fucking larping sheltered incel.
>>
>>1630627
>Private schools aren't filled with kids with behavior issues
Do you want me to tell you how I know you’ve never been to a private school?
>>
>>1630623
>homeschooling
Literally a breeding ground for religious fanatics and antivaxxer parents.
>>
>>1630642

hey now - I don't mean sociopathic behavior. I mean DISRUPTIVE behavior that gets in the way of others' learning.

When Chadley Chaddington III doesn't place in the latest polo cup, he displays his anger in a refined way. He doesn't chimp out and throw his chair at a teacher.
>>
>>1630627
>>>1630623
>The unspoken "true" point of private schools is that it adds a barrier-for-entry, in this case the cost of attendance.
>What does this barrier do? Keep out the people unable or unwilling to pay it, and the problems they bring along with them.
It might keep out some ghetto kids, or fresh immigrants, and they aren't always a bad thing. Low skilled working their ass off in 3 jobs wanting the best for their kids bring a work ethic and quality mindedness that can't be beat when they respect the opportunities of a good education for their children. I can tell you that little cuban kids whose parents paid 40k to be snuck into the country in a cigarette boat, or vietnamese kids who's moms are painting toenails are right on par with little japanese kids learning 3rd grade math in kindergarten with 15hrs of homework on the weekend. Goal-oriented.
>Private schools aren't filled with kids with behavior issues (who disrupt the learning of others) nor un-involved parents. If a teacher calls a conference with a student's parents over an issue, that issue gets resolved shortly thereafter. In a public school? "Fuck you cracka!

The only thing unequivocally true about this post is that public schools have their hands figuratively tied to expel a rotten egg student or make them conform to standards or rules. That is all that is true. There are whole universities filled with learned disabled kids and their behavior problems, such as American in D.C.
Private schools can filter students by funds OR by high IQ-gifted qualities and achievements before admission, or they can be charter schools that operate on just needing warm bodies to collect money from...these schools become collections of rejects. Powerful and monied parents isn't necessarily going to mean anything positive whatsoever. Combine an older dad and a trophy wife that excelled at makeup and sex vs formal education, and there's the spawn. Not double income academics.
>>
>>1629122
Lived in a majority black country (like 97%+ african) for 3 years. After that experience I can say without a doubt that Hitler did not go far enough.
>>
File: 4chad.png (307 KB, 2396x1362)
307 KB
307 KB PNG
>all the /pol/tard ITT
Disgusting reactionaries, the lot of you
Traveling made me realize that while there is such thing as different cultures and nations, people fundamentally are capable of a basic human communication and connection.
There is shit people all around the globe and there is also awesome people and places around the globe. That's why I travel, to find the interesting people and places this tiny blue plant has got to offer.
>>
>>1630659
>There are whole universities filled with learned disabled kids and their behavior problems, such as American in D.C.

Ah fuck, really? Can you tell me more about this? I'm a west coaster and I've never been on their campus or interacted with any of their faculty or student body. This really sucks if it's true... I always thought it had a decent law school and it was one of the schools I was considering.
>>
>>1630898
>all the /pol/ itt omfg muh racism muh no no opinions!
imagine complaining about racism on 4chan of all places
>traveling made me realize people are capable of a basic human communication and connection
No one is denying this, the problem is not a lack of connection or communication it is indeed the reality of the shitholes people have visited. I connected and often communicated with some of the local niggers in my 3 year niggerhole living, but those connections and conversations did not rebuke what I learned on /pol/ it actually made it worse because it took what I assumed was online exaggeration and turned it into visible reality.
>There is shit people all around the globe as there are awesome people, its why I travel, to find the interesting people and places on the globe
Funny enough the people I spoke to were indeed well learned, hard working, religious and espoused a good morality. At the same time these people who were indeed on the nicer end of the country personality wise had no qualms telling me I should cheat on my girlfriend, even if she was living with me and I couldn't explain not coming home that night, how they would torture animals as teenagers for shits and giggles by trapping stray cats, then setting them on fire, releasing them and having their dogs chase they as it ran for their burning lives. I've met so many people who were half siblings because their father fucked and impregnated about 4 or 5 different women. I've seen the men bemoan how women cheat only to later say they do the same thing themselves. I've shopped at supermarkets where they'd freeze imported american products like frozen pizzas but leave meat, fish and chicken out to rot in non refrigerated aisles. I heard women tell me how they're afraid to walk alone at night and how even in the day they feel extremely uncomfortable. One girl in particular told me she felt like "a walking piece of fuck meat" consistently being eyed by would be predators. /pol/ was too right.
>>
>>1630642
Depends on the "private school".

High-priced exclusive prep schools - mostly intelligent kids, some sociopathic bastards
Midrange private schools - tend to expel the disruptive shits
Scare-them-straight schools - where the rich scumbags get shipped off to
Religion-based schools - can be retarded or academically rigorous, depending
Hippie academies - usually retarded "let the kids run wild" places

I don't know if the scare-them-straight schools are still a thing. Back when I was growing up (before 99% of /trv/ was born), rich kids who were serious criminals got shipped off to them in lieu of juvie. They were locked up and forced through a military-style boot camp in the mornings, classes during the day, locked in to study at night. A couple of kids in my school literally tried to blow the school up and got shipped to one because their daddy was a multimillionaire. Jewish privilege at work.

>>1630654
> antivaxxers and religious wackos
Sometimes. Most homeschoolers are trying to prevent their kids from being dumbed down by the pooblick skewls. "Common core math" was literally created to make it impossible for highly intelligent students to learn, so that the curve could be dragged down for the stupid niggers to pass. This isn't some wild conspiracy theory, one of the guys who developed the curriculum explicitly stated it in an interview he did, which got leaked onto YouTube.
>>
>>1630938
>I always thought it had a decent law school and it was one of the schools I was considering.
Don't go to law school if you cannot get into at least a top 20 school. Anything out of the T14 is only worth it if you get a large scholarship.

The only exceptions might be if you go to the top state school in some flyover state and you intend to practice law there, or if you get a full-ride scholarship to some place like Tulane, which is arguably #1 in Louisiana. I guess you could waste three years of your life at some TTTT on a full ride, too, if you just want to smoke a lot of pot and get mad feminazi law school blue-dyed pussy, and don't care about ever getting a job after graduation.

American University was around 50th last time I looked. Not worth it without a full ride.

With scholarships, be warned that schools like to pack ALL of the scholarship students into a single section, then make continuation of the scholarship dependent on being in the top half of your section. By the end of 1L they only have to keep paying a quarter of the kids who were offered scholarships, the rest either have to pay full price or drop out if they can't afford it. I forget the name of that TTTT in Michigan, but it does that for every semester (except of course the last).

My first semester of 1L, I got bronchitis, the school health department refused to give me antibiotics because "it usually clears on its own and antibiotics are overused", and I almost didn't make it to finals. I was lucky -- if my school had been one of the ones that did that scholarship-section scam, I would have lost mine.
>>
>>1630630
https://youtu.be/3gZmIGFKbDM
>>
>>1630613
Please stop anon, my cock can only get so hard
>>
Less racist but more right wing

Same with all other experienced travellers Inmet
>>
>>1630986
4 years in practice. writing this from a downtown city office with multiple top ranked schools in the city... i agree with some of this.

first:
>With scholarships, be warned that schools like to pack ALL of the scholarship students into a single section, then make continuation of the scholarship dependent on being in the top half of your section.

this was true in my case. we had 4 sections, the one i was in was comically stacked to the point where people complained. however i am not sure if was done in order of offer letters and it just happened the people with quick offers where higher caliber students.

second:
I went to a school derided as a t3 trashcan or whatever on the law school forums... i have been employed full time as an attorney since passing the bar. I get to practice the type of law i like. the top people in my class who wanted big law all have big law jobs. personally i am a court rat so big law never had any appeal to me but ive gotten the interviews when i wanted them (sometimes after i travel i have an extaensial crisis and convince myself i want a less stressful job.

three: if you are not going to a top 10 school... just pick your law school based on the city you want to practice in networks are huge. ive never interviewed for any job ive held. it was just a series of networking. now i am at the point where i have my own client book which is what i've always wanted.

last,
the only people who ask me what school i went to are 2L interns at the DAs or ASUA office. in my section of the law-- people only care about what level of cases you can handle and if you are not a dick to work with.
>>
>>1629122
I guess if you travel with the intention of just seeing everything thats bad with a place , then sure , you will come back more racist.
>>
File: 1548610791023.png (38 KB, 684x726)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>1629303
Lmao fuck up gaycunt
>>
Less racist, but more critical of the poor.

4chan has pretty choice words about nignogs and all that, but from all the blacks I’ve met I’ve never experienced anything as bad as Chinese tourists.

The Chinese are truly the niggers of asia
>>
>>1629370
It's not like America got any better 100 years after though.
>>
>>1631789
what a dumb fucking opinion
>>
>>1629211
Sorry to see the hate you're getting. Op asked the question and you gave your input.
>>
>>1630630
Cry more you fucking leftist.
>>
>>1631816
>americans got out of the nouveau riche mindset, started respecting cultures at their destination and speaking the local language
American tourists are just English-speaking chinks.
>>
>>1631843
The seething butthurt and resentment of Eurolards is always so amusing.
>>
>>1631843
Once again, what a dumb opionion. Show me on the doll where the American fucked your girl anon
>>
>>1629841
Just accept eurocunts and americunts are different. They are a different culture. Enjoy responsibly.
>>
This whole "[nationality X] are the worst tourists ever" is, like all the other identitarian spooks, a thing about class and numbers. Nobody complains about the Taiwanese tour buses although I'm sure they're around as well. Everything is "Chinks".
First it was the Americans, then the Brits, then it was the Russians, now it's the Chinese, in ten years it'll be the Indians, after that I'm guessing the Nigerians (if they get their oil in order). And the complaints always have been, and always will be the same. No respect, filthy, always drunk, arrogant, uneducated, etc. Are those usually heaped upon the rich, or upon the poor?
>>
>>1631887
Get the fuck back to leftypol you babbling buffoon.
>>
>>1629122
Outside of Europe and North Amerca with a few exceptions (Japan, Korea, UAE) the world is completely backward.

The level of poverty and inhumanity I saw in Egypt really shocked me. It’s especially stark in a country like that which once upon a time was the greatest cilivisation on the planet.
>>
>>1629122
Made me realise the British and other European Empires did nothing wrong desu.
>>
>>1629241
Africans are dirty niggers. Niggers are niggers and niggers gon nigg. Is what it is, nigger.
>>
>>1629303
fuck you ya cunt. You probably a salty wanker because you are a shit skin.
>>
File: cover.jpg (98 KB, 416x585)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>1631901
You're welcome to try and prove me wrong. Or have you just never considered why you hate brown people?
>>
File: 1526490910201.jpg (58 KB, 480x558)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>1631942
>Or have you just never considered why you hate brown people?
I dont hate brown people, just their dysfunctional culture (that has always been dysfunctional even before colonialism).
>>
>>1631789
This is true
>>
File: pinochet-Nq5jN5m.jpg (85 KB, 800x682)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>1631887
>Nobody complains about the Taiwanese tour buses although I'm sure they're around as well.
Unsurprisingly, you're wrong.

Taiwanese mostly travel on their own, not in giant tour groups.

When they do travel in tour groups, they tend to behave in a civilized manner because they're not fucking illiterate peasant mainland Chinese.

Even the Taiwanese bitch about mainland tour groups doing things like changing babies' diapers in the middle of a crowded restaurant, having kids piss into a water jug because they don't want to take the kid to a bathroom, smoking where they're not allowed to smoke, spitting all over the place, and trashing scenic tourist areas with litter.

Fortunately, that hasn't been much of a problem since Taiwan elected the crazy cat lady as president, because Emperor Xi said "we will crush your economy!" and cut off the Chinese tourist pipeline to Taiwan. And there was much rejoicing, and Taiwan got a lot more tourists from everywhere else and made even more money because there weren't a bunch of mainlanders shitting up the place any more.

www dot taiwannews dot com dot tw slash en slash news slash 3156610

Thank you Emperor Xi for making Taiwan a less shitty place.

Also,
>Gramsci
Fuck you, you commie dog turd.
>>
File: blown mike.jpg (18 KB, 287x287)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>1629857
>she proceeded to show the manager pictures of idris elba for ages
>>
anyone who lives in the undeveloped world for a few years and doesn't live exclusively in an expat bubble will come home eager for the wall to be built ever higher
>>
>>1631759
>the top people in my class who wanted big law all have big law jobs.
>the top people
Yeah, if you're the class valedictorian even at a TTT, you have a shot. What makes the T14 the T14 is that 50% of their graduating classes used to reliably get into biglaw. Pretty sure that didn't even include the ones who got federal clerkships, which is basically a guaranteed path into biglaw after the clerkship.

The bottom of T1 (top 50 schools, T2 is 51-100; TTT used to be 101-150 and TTTT used to be 151 and below, but USNWR stopped listing ranks below 100 so now they're all TTTT) places maybe 5% into biglaw. Below that, it's even lower. I went to a mid-T1 that was placing 35% into biglaw -- but I graduated in 2011, and less than 10% got in then, with some of even those getting laid off after a few months.

The only exception I'm aware of is John Marshall Chicago, and only because a couple of the Chicago biglaw firms send their patent agents there for night school, then bring them on as patent attorneys when they graduate.
>>
The two things I hate about Chinese and Indian tourists is that they all seems to not have any spatial awareness of their surroundings and they walk really, really slow. It's weird, considering there are over a billion of these fuckers in their own countries, that they walk like there's no one else around them and they don't have consideration for anybody else.
>>
>I had been to Africa once before
>A very leftist friend of mine wanted to join me for the next trip after I got out of the army
>Spend 6 months getting through SA-Namibia-Botswana-Zambia-Angola
>By the end of the trip my lefty friend made those guys over at /pol/ look like SJWs in comparison

The only people who go to Africa and remain a liberal upon departure are those who stayed within the resort areas or did charitable work in villages surrounded by armed guards.
>>
Didn't make me less racist, just made me realize how much americans fucking suck about calling names/terms and other stupid shit.
>>
>>1632467
>Liberals after coming back from Africa

Yeah I know one of those, I really don't think he actually got to know locals, there's no way.

He claims that middle easterners who wipe their arse with their left hand, no toilet paper, do it better than us in the west. What an unbelievably retarded individual.
>>
>>1632467
At this point it's a common theme ITT that traveling turns you into a conservative at some point. Maybe not always /pol/ like but really on the right of the european or american political spectrum.

Heck, ive lived in china and that punched me in the nose. Ive learned how lax our police and the application of our laws were back home. I understood how fucking disgusting it was that niggers and sandniggers could be given free visas, asylum and aid while i worked my ass off just to get my visa on the fucking day before i departed from my country.

I guess i also learned how to barter, never had to before since i never left europe, but coming back from china ill barter everything to the last cent when given the chance... thieving scum.
>>
>>1632571
Bartering for sure. I learned from China, too, how to offer half price for something and walk away when they say no. Did it for a bong in Camden Town at their closing hour and the shopkeeper ran after me and begrudgingly offered the bong for half price.
I find it easiest to do this by treating their price as a literal joke. I'm paying that much? You are kidding me.

You learn from travelling that other, exotic places have a unique identity that could do with some change, but it must be positive change, and not too much at that. Nothing wrong with towns and cities in China for example have Maccy D's or KFC once in a while - even entire districts like Chinatown are great in London - but it should be districted, not bled into the laws of the land in whichever given place.
>>
>>1629410
selection bias my friend. The ones collecting welfare checks are too busy shooting each other in the black neighborhoods to go visit foreign countries. Only the well-educated ones think to travel the world.
Meanwhile white people have a broader range of people who travel: ranging from yuppies, to hippies, to suburban boomer families (the ones when you think loud american tourist)

Come visit some american ghettos sometime, it's cheaper than a plane ticket to sub-saharan africa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFhWpTKvD8E
>>
>>1632645
>cheaper than a plane ticket to sub-saharan africa
but there are no giraffes or zebras tho
>>
>>1632645
I've always found black Americans in America to be more hospitable than white Americans.
>>
>>1632797
lol
>>
I've worked and lived in 5 countries, all it did was made me a hell of a lot more racist against Chinese and Korean.
>>
>>1632797
absolutely based
>>
>>1632475
>americans suck about calling names/terms and other stpid shit.
Please explain
>>
>>1629122
I learned to value my home, and while I do emphasize with foreigners, I fully came to understand why immigration is a problem.

I love the cultures and customs of the countries I visited, so I would also preserve my own like they preserve theirs. Simple as that.
>>
>>1629122
Meeting foreigners and travelling had exemplified the cultural differences we have. Of course people are individuals and I treat people with respect when I meet them BUT general trends:
>Americans act like children: stupid, naive and very loud
>Chinese have no concept of personal space or manners
>Aussies and Brit’s generally just want to get wasted

Travelling the people I dread meeting the most are Americans and Brits.
>>
>>1629636
Part of the explanation is that Mao enacted a cultural and intellectual genocide and so people with manners and an understanding of Chinese history and culture where wiped out. China is/was incredibly poor and competitive. There you snooze you lose, so Chinks are desperate to push in front and get any free shit they can.
>>
>>1630613
Whites girls in Asia are hilarious because of how much the power dynamic changes. The cunty ones become extra obnoxious because deep down they realise they are completely out matched by local woman. The sensible ones just realise it will take them longer to find a good man and may even work to make themselves better
>>
>>1631887
I’d say you do have a fair point but middle class Americans still act like retarded children abroad. Culture does matter a lot regardless of wealth.
>>
>>1632126
>Fuck you, you commie dog turd.
Great argument fascist
>muh helicopter rides
What is this? 2016?
>>1633399
Didn't think it was possible to misinterpret history this much. Nice revisionism
>>
File: 1484546840989.png (21 KB, 634x634)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>1633404
TIL 50 million to 100 million dead depending on whose estimates you believe and which bodies you count is "misinterpreting history". Next tell us how smart the "Great Helmsman" was for ordering all the songbirds in China to be eradicated.

The helicopter rides thing started in 1973. Nowadays we can do it much more efficiently with semiautonomous electric quadcopters. Very environmentally friendly, zero emissions if you use a nuclear or hydro power source, helps feed the shark population.

> Great argument fascist
Thank you! I appreciate the sweet double compliment.
>>
>>1633404
Mao was responsible for around 50 million deaths and 10% of the entire population. Part of his goal was to rid the country of the 4 olds: Old Customs, Old Culture, Old Habits, and Old Ideas.

If you don’t think this has any effect on modern China and Chinese lack of morals or culture then you’re a cunt.
>>
Travelling made me experience the human zoo and now I appreciate what I have at home, in my balkan shithole
Rome was the only place I left without changing my opinion for the worse
>>
>>1629122
The more I traveled the more I hated Israelis and Chinese
>>
>>1633804
Why them Anon?
>>
>>1633806
Not him but I bet he encountered countless packs of "fresh out of mandatory IDF service" on their obligatory lads tour in Hostels or the richer ones in Hotels around the world.
>>
>>1629556
>primal way of thinking
>basic capitalist principle

I think you were born in the wrong time, son.
It's all about being selfish.
>>
>>1629122
Yes, it has definitely changed my outlook on life.

For example, I stopped calling Africans Africans.
Instead I call them now either nigger or bush nigger to make the appropriate geolocation they originate from more clear.

I also stopped lumping together arabs, turks and islamists all in the same pot of muslims. Now I just call the turks Kanack and the arabs sand nigger.
>>
It did make me less racist, but made me more national conservative. They can do in their country what they want to do, just keep them far away from mine.
>>
Traveling made me realize that people are more or less the same everywhere (Everyone wants to eat good food, spend time with loved ones, etc) You obviously have to adjust for cultural differences.

Traveling has also made me realize that ethnic or national pride is just pathetic at some point. You didn't choose your genes or where you were born, or the family you were born into. All of your pride is stupid because had you been born into an Indian slum, you'd be identical to fucking Harpreet who you're looking down on.

Don't pretend like your ethnic identity is something you slaved away working for your entire life, you were lucky and that's all there is to it.

Also, many of the same things can be said about religion. If you were born in Saudi Arabia you'd be born a Muslim, Texas a Christian, Israel a Jew, etc...
>>
>>1634439
>national pride is stupid
yes! open borders! sharia law everywhere! kwab
>>
>>1634495
>specifically mentions being proud of being indian is dumb
>mentions sharia law
shut the fuck up abdullaheed
>>
>>1634439
>had you been born into an Indian slum, you'd be identical to fucking Harpreet who you're looking down on.
Here's the thing: Indians had the guiding example of British colonialism to learn how to think and behave. They could have become a nigger New Zealand. Instead they have designated shitting streets and are demanding a return to the days when they can burn widows on their husbands' funeral pyres without consequence.

South Africa and Rhodesia were both modern nations with excellent educational systems. Now the niggers in the SA universities demand an end to grades and "colonialist science" and tuition. They think going to a university is about the format -- get registered for classes, maybe go once in a while, hold protests against colonialism, riot and kill people -- and not about learning stuff so that they can become competent at anything. Zimbabwe murdered anyone white who refused to flee -- last I heard they were down to about 70 white farmer families who were too fucking stubborn to evacuate -- and went from producing enough food to feed Africa to having half the population starving.

Czechoslovakia and Ukraine both were subjected to the exact same Soviet repression. After the USSR collapsed, Ukraine remained a corrupt mafia-run shithole, while the various countries that Czechoslovakia split into are models of recovery.

So, no, I wouldn't be "identical to fucking Harpreet". I'm not even identical to the inner-city niggers in the U.S. who sling drugs and bitch about how oppressed they are because whitey doesn't let them rob and rape and kill everyone else.

Culture matters. Intelligence matters. Even the Indians who left India recognize what a shithole India is, and it's because of the people there. They were given every opportunity to better themselves -- they can even read on the internet how to improve themselves and their society -- and THEY CHOOSE NOT TO.
>>
It made me realize that westerners are almost unique in actually trying not to be racist. And reinforced my belief that complaints from American minorities are mostly frivolous bullshit. Seeing real discrimination and racism, like is on open display all around Asia, gave me perspective.

It made me realize that it’s the culture that really matters, not at all the race. In most of Africa I was seriously impressed with the locals that I met.

And I became very predjudiced against Chinese. Now that I understand their culture I have very little trust in the mainland Chinese that I work with.
>>
>>1634685
>In most of Africa I was seriously impressed with the locals that I met.

Indeed. Then you realise that the problem isn't black people. It is American culture, or lack thereof.
>>
>>1634439
National Pride has more to do than just where you were born. It's about being prideful of your Nation. Where you live. And wanting that country and its people to thrive. That means different things for different people. Each Nation should be tolerant to other cultures, but should not allow anyone to enter as they please. That's why Visas exist. That's why, even if I think they're kinda dumb, Citizenship tests exist.

The Mixing of cultures is a good thing. However, to much mixing and they begin to clash. I want my country to thrive. I want its people to thrive. I want other people to move here and experience their culture. I want other countries and their people to thrive. I want the desire to travel there and potentially move. Each country should thrive to live, however that is.
>>
>>1629122
Definitely made me more racist. Never had an issue with other races or religions, but after traveling and living in other countries for the past 6 years:
-can't stand Chinese (apart from solo Chinese travelers who are pretty cool)
-think Ethiopia is a poorly-managed shithole that could easily be improved in a hundred different ways if an average Western Joe were given the power to do so
-think the English who stay in their country are all ugly twats
-ME countries are breeding grounds of intolerant, lazy, entitled, backwards, narcissitic fucksticks who generally don't improve the world in any way whatsoever
>>
>>1629141
I'm very satisfied to see other anons with this rationale
>>
>>1629303
>They not only happily accept being stupid and uneducated morons, they’re actually proud of it!
This is very true.
They're a fine mix between a stupid american and a stupid brit, in that they are proud of being stupid and only look to get drunk and do everything just like at home no matter where they go
>>
>>1629141
This is how I changed as well, I don't love them coming here but I realize most really are just trying to get by day to day and aren't like the obnoxious activists I see on the internet.
>>
German girls are very friendly, come in packs, and fun to flirt with as an americunt. Reduced my disdain for Euros
>>
>>1634699
Ethiopia could be solved by one man with a dick finding one girl not with aids that could speak English and iq above 85.
>>
>>1635838
Artsy hostels. Party hostels is full of British mutts, which while as an American can be good fun it's constant competition. Ich kann wine biscchen Deutsche sprechen.. so they're easier to open up to and I swear travel in packs.
>>
no. in fact it made me more racist.
>>
>>1635879
Brit sluts are probably super easy.. if you're not British. I'm a very anglo'y American so it doesn't work well. Some luck with scots.
>>
>>1634660
It depends on your surroundings and who you come in to contact with. If you were born in a shithole like India you might not know any better because your brought up in that environment, influenced by family and friends being taught that its normal behavior to live in the dirt.
>>
>>1635912
You just made my point again. They think it's normal, even though they can see what else is possible. They were given every chance to learn, yet they continue to shit on the streets, rape women to death, and burn widows alive.
>>
>>1635327
Is that really such a crime?
>>
>>1629611
Objectively false, at least the nations around them have some semblance of culture and manners. Clearly haven't been to China or the nation's around it
>>
>>1629190
Source on your Christchurch claim? Would be an interesting read
>>
>>1629122
Because of my time studying in South Africa I fully support Apartheid. Bantu are animals and should be treated as such.
>>
File: K9f8jFU.jpg (115 KB, 620x400)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>1634660
I agree that culture does matter and that not all cultures are compatible with each other but do you really think if you were born into poverty in Haiti eating mud cakes because that you'd ever be successful or intelligent?

>So, no, I wouldn't be "identical to fucking Harpreet"

Yes you fucking would be. If you just happened to be born in a favela in Brazil rather than your middle class family in a first world country, your entire life would be fucked. And putting too much emphasis on intelligence in this case isn't helpful because even if Albert Einstein was born into a slum with lead in his blood, odds are his intelligence and abilities would never reach their full potential.

Pic related, imagine being a child who has to scavenge through garbage to find food. You didn't make any wrong decisions to get to this point, you were simply born into a horrible situation.

When i visit these places, i think holy shit I am so lucky i wasn't born here. I've had more opportunities than these kids will ever have. I'm so thankful that I've had access to quality food, water, and education. Traveling makes me realize that this is a rarity for much of the world
>>
File: chuckle.jpg (47 KB, 600x602)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>1634660
>Indians had the guiding example of British colonialism to learn how to think and behave
>>
>>1629475
this is a great observation and why i love being an expat too. you get to remove yourself from the system that generates mental anguish about reputation, hierarchy, socialization, etc etc. sure, it's still there to some extent but it affects you nothing like it affects a local. it is extremely liberating. like a weight off your shoulders. i never want to go home and be involved in that bullshit ever again. this is freedom
>>
>>1634693
Problem isnt' black people? Kill yourself lefty faggot
>>
>>1637628
Yeah it's totally the environment and not genetics at all, nope that doesnt' play into it and totally isn't the main factor.
>>
>>1629141
They can fucking die.

So can you. Do you "get it"?
>>
>>1637930
>East Germans and West Germans had different genetics, until reunification, when their genetics became the same
>>
>>1629841
Cruise ship tourists are a very special kind of scum.
>>
>>1629303
problem m8
>>
>>1630658
>refined way
by raping a fellow student
top kek, you are utterly delusional
>>
File: basedausfag.png (719 KB, 604x612)
719 KB
719 KB PNG
>>1629303
>>
>>1629303
Based moot.
>>
>>1629169
What?
>>
>>1637950
haha dude you are a raging incel

>>1637930
Nobody says that genetics aren't involved but your superior genes dont mean much when you're living in a poverty ridden hell hole eating garbage to survive. Attributing all differences between populations and countries to genetics is lazy. There is so much history you have to take into consideration.

And nobody chose their traits. You didn't choose your skin color or your nationality the same way someone in the Congo didn't choose to be born there. This whole fucking thing is a gamble, and looking down on other people because they got a shit roll of the dice is stupid
>>
>>1629122
They bullied me
>>
>>1637598
Dude posted a big manifesto, talks about his travels and shit
>>
>>1634660
>Czechoslovakia and Ukraine both were subjected to the exact same Soviet repression. After the USSR collapsed, Ukraine remained a corrupt mafia-run shithole, while the various countries that Czechoslovakia split into are models of recovery.
No they weren't, this is just a retarded statement. Ukraine was a part of the USSR, Czechoslovakia was a mostly independent satellite state with its own power structures. In Ukraine former KGB people took over after the dissolution of the state, in Czechoslovakia that didn't happen because they didn't have the KGB. They had their own secret service too, which also did some shady shit during the era of privatization (this happened in Poland and Hungary too), but it was small and weak compared to the KGB and its people had far less opportunity to seize power or important positions within the economy.
Of course Ukraine's economy was entirely designed in such a way that it could function within the greater economy of the USSR - with free transfer of goods and resources through established trade routes. With the dissolution of the USSR this was taken away. The economy of Czechoslovakia was much more self-contained, because it was a formally independent country, so the economy didn't sink into a recession as deep.
It's also important to mention that Bohemia was a fairly industrialized part of the Austro-Hungarian empire, where German capital and know-how had been flowing into for centuries, it was very developed. Ukraine on the other hand was an agrarian, backwater shithole that never saw significant investment until shortly after WW2.
The histories of these two entities are completely different and comparing them with each other is unfair, they never had the same starting position.
>>
>>1629122
> One Indian will stand in line for something. When he gets to the entrance, his massive family will suddenly appear and join him.

Is this really so bad? I mean, I can see the pluses and minuses, I guess.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.