[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/12/732182609/fbi-probing-why-some-u-s-tourists-have-died-mysteriously-in-the-dominican-republ
tl;dr
>6 random Americans (and other foreigners) dropped dead after visiting various resorts
>FBI investigating because DR authorities are a joke
It's probably counterfeit alcohol. This happened in Mexico a while back where tourists were dropping dead from drinking tainted fake vodka and shit.
Also there is a crazy serial killer working one of the resorts which is probably unrelated: https://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/2019/06/11/lawyers-dominican-republic-attack-victim-accuse-resort-victim-blaming/1408450001/
>>
>go to shithole country as loudmouth ignorant American
>probably a bleeding heart liberal who thinks race is skin deep
>dies

Wow what a mystery
>>
but /trv/ told me it's safe and they are noble primitives who love tourists and I'm not a realtraveler for not going there
>>
>>1614008
Dominican Rep is not real traveller, it's a resort destinations receiving millions of mostly old white visitors each year
>>
>>1613932
what does this post even mean
>>
>>1613932
They where all black themselves though
>>
Whats funny is that these seem to be happening at fancy all inclusive resorts where you dont venture off because "its dangerous". Does this shit happen at regular bars? I briefly considered going to the DR but Id stay in town somewhere and not at a Sandals resort. If a country is too dangerous for me to walk around outside a hotel in then I wouldn't bother going period.

I cant wait to have my super boomer dad tell me about this this weekend because the world is scary.
>>
>>1614190
That American woman was raped recently staying at an exclusive resort. The rapist thought he’d killed her and dumped her body on a garbage pile.
>>
>>1614624
Resorts give off a false sense of security. The only resort I'd ever feel completely safe in is a Cuban one.
>>
>>1613930
NY Post was claiming tainted alcohol today. Honestly counterfit alcohol could be the cause but does methanol really kill you that quickly? Couldn't they just have had coke cut with Strychnine or something?
>>
>>1614190
Sandals would be the place to stay. All these folks stayed at the same brand (much smaller ownership group)
>>
fuck the DR. That is the only place ive ever gone and hated

I was mugged by every dude i met and my girlfriend was whistled at by tons of dudes. Even people working at our resort straight up did not give a fuck. I almost fought one of the employees too. I will never return to that shit hole
>>
>>1613930
You should go to the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas.

My dad did this and couldn't even recall the name of the town he flew into because it was so cut off from the rest of the island. They've got a cool water slide, if you're into creepy shit like that.
>>
>>1615649
>I was mugged by every dude i met and my girlfriend was whistled at by tons of dudes.
Why didn't you pimp her out to earn back the money?

Kidding that's something you have to live with when traveling. In Morocco someone reached up my gf's shirt and fondled her boobs she screamed at him and threw bread at his head but he ran off into the Medina when I came out. Can't really blame him though, she has 34FF, so compared to most of the covered up chestlets he saw that was probably a once in a lifetime treat for him.
>>
>>1615673
He flew into Nassau, which is the capitol city
>>
>>1614083
It means containment boards leak.
>>
>>1615278
Depends on the concentration. I would tend to doubt that accidental contamination would produce the number and pattern of cases we've seen. If it is methanol, I'd suspect it is product tampering.
>>
>>1613930
>drinking alcohol
Typical chem-cucked boomers
>>
>>1614169
No, not all of them.

>>1614077
Used to be a hotbed for prostitution. I guess it went upmarket.

>>1615278
Methanol doesn't usually kill you at all. It just makes you go blind. Unless you drink an absolute shitload of it.

Maybe isopropyl would kill you, I dunno. I got a tiny little bit in my mouth one time while cleaning a cut on my lip and had the worst headache ever from it.

>>1615673
Why are water slides creepy?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.