[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 37 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: yes.jpg (187 KB, 1000x818)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
i always wanted to travel to london all my life

i love britian and british culture

please tell me about london

thank you
>>
>>1613898
>i love britian and british culture
Oh no!

Anon we don't have any.

Twat
>>
>>1613898
Are you Asian? You write like you know nothing about Europe except for its stereotypes
>>
You won't find any of that in London anymore. It's not even a meme by now.
Small cities like Oxford are still some kind of nice to spend a day tho.
>>
>>1613902
>You won't find any of that in London anymore
why what happened?
>>
>>1613936
All the English people were forced out into new towns and replaced by Bangladeshis
>>
>>1613898
You are a fucking nigger. Kill yourself.
>>
>>1613939
no i am white
>>
>>1613900
Id fucking heem you irl
>>
>>1613898
Go to a small city or town. I spent a week in northampton
>>
>>1613898
There's lots of free museums. It doesn't really matter where your hotel is, as long as it's near a Tube station. Other than that, it's the same as any other European capital city, save for the language and the currency.

>>1613936
Like any other European capital city, there's a McDonald's on every corner and formerly-unique places like Covent Garden market now exist to box up and sell English Culture (tm) souvenirs to swarms of Chinese tourists.

basically, capitalism is the problem. likewise it's the force that makes it rational for companies to pay an immigrant workforce minimum wage in a city where it's impossible to live while on minimum wage
>>
i wish this shithole website wasn't so racist about literally everything. it's tiresome to talk about things without some yo-yo blaming sjw's for all the niggers or some shit, then in the same breath recommending fucking ... idk, Scunthorpe, instead of London
>>
>>1613898
The tourist and central areas are the London/Britain that you're expecting. Oxford Street, Piccadilly Circus, Greenwich, Kensington, Chelsea etc. For more of that vibe head to Bath (1 1/2 hour train from Paddington), Oxford (1 hour from Paddington) and Cambridge (1 hour from Kings Cross).
>>
>>1614283
Realistically is it possible to see Scotland in a day trip?
>>
>>1614288
Not really. If its a day trip flying into and out of Edinburgh you'll see a bit. But a day trip up from London would be a mission. Flight 1 hour, train 8 hours plus time to get up, get to the airport/station, get through security and then all that on the way back would really eat into your time. I'd recommend a 5-7 days as you really should do the Isle of Skye, it's incredible.
>>
>>1613898
come to London and I'll fuck you in the bum m8
>>
>>1614283
Are Oxford and Cambridge both worth doing?

How about Brighton or Cardiff?
>>
>>1614314
are you a girl?
>>
>>1613898
It’s a good place to see South Asian culture outside of South Asia.
>>
>>1613898
Is that really the top of Piccadilly ?
>>
>>1614359
Yes
>>1614318
Yes to the first two. Brighton is a bit meh in my opinion, unless you want a day at the beach thats a short journey from London.
For beaches I can totally recommend heading down to St.Ives but that's really not an easy or quick journey to make. Great place to spend a few days to a week going on country and cliffside walks, checking out local art and shopping and generally disconnecting from big cities and tech.
>>
>>1613902
There are hundreds of Morris sides in london and two Jack in the greens I can think of. Theres two desperate instances of druids doing rituals, one at tower hill and the other in primrose hill.
May poles may queens and maypole dancing still happens here
Although were being replaced at a rate of knots doesn't mean we stopped expressing our folk identity thanks
>>
>>1613936
globalism and white genocide. It's Londinistan now. Enjoy being cultural enriched.
>>
>>1614238
Go back to literally any other social media site then.
>>
I'm going there in a few weeks, do you know of any worth hidden place? Like a pub, club, cinema, anything that is not so globalised
>>
>>1613898
The only thing good about Britain is their TV. It's not a great place to visit, the people are unduly arrogant assholes. It's just a small rainy island and driving sucks. Everything is expensive too, why don't you visit when the Pound inevitably crashes. Most people have this sad, dead look in their eyes, but will subtly snap at everything you say.

I suppose the one other good thing might be the women. I dated one for two years, playful and often busty.
>>
>>1616099
>often busty
Why don't you care to enlighten me on what that means?
>>
File: trump.jpg (111 KB, 1440x948)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>1613898
>London is no longer London
>>
File: york-intro.jpg (182 KB, 1400x700)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
London is an international city now and is no longer exclusively British. The go-to city if you want a stereotypical, traditional British experience is York.
>>
It’s a pretty globalist city these days, for worse or for worse. I’d steer clear if you want an authentic British experience
>>
>>1613898
Full of nigz and camel jockeys. Avoid unless you enjoys knife crime
>>
>>1616099
>I suppose the one other good thing might be the women. I dated one for two years, playful and often busty.

British women are disgusting fat slags with too much makeup.

>>1616122
Big milkers
>>
London is great if you have cash, and is utterly shit if you are a low budget backpacker hostel type.
If you can't afford the theatre, top resturants, concerts, Bond Street etc just go to the museums and leave
>>
>>1616260
Is there anything to do in York?
>>
>>1616477
I live in York. Yes its good, you can spend a few days here. We have
>Big cathedral, called the minster. Its very good to look at, you can go all around inside, there are cool Roman ruins underneath it, and you can even go to the top and look over the city
>Cliffords Tower, the remains of the old fort, its the central keep on a very tall hill. You can explore it quite quickly but its got cool sprial staircases and shit
>Jorvik viking museum. It's pretty cool, you ride in a car around a reconstructed viking village, with audio description. It's fairly large, kids like it but adults do too. There's a more traditional museum section too, with some sweet skeletons covered in battle wounds.
>Yorkshire museum. It's a museum for the whole yorkshire area, so it has a bit of everything, a lot of local history from the romans through medieval times, there's also some shit on dinosaurs and other fauna which lived around here.
>Museum gardens. The gardens of that museum, the best part is the ruins of the old abbey, destroyed by Henry the 8th. You can see how the walls were built and imagine how it may have been before
>York Castle Museum. This museum is huge, it has a entire recreated street of York in the mid Victorian period, and even has actors/cashiers in the shops selling authentic victorian candy and things (without all the poison i hope). The street is really cool, but the museum has much more, including the old prison of york which you can explore, and read the graffiti carved into the walls over the centuries.
>The city walls. You can walk around them in about an hour, you'll get a good sense of the medieval city and medieval england.
>The railway museum. It's a good museum, but i would only go if you do have an interest in trains, that said some of those old trains are cool regardless.

Other mentions. An air museum just out of town full of WW2 planes and others. A cold war nuclear bunker now open to the public.

Yes i'd say there is a lot to do here.
>>
File: IMG_20170722_140437426.jpg (4.85 MB, 3120x4160)
4.85 MB
4.85 MB JPG
>>1616477
Fantastic old city centre, incredible cathedral, walk the walls, cheapo pubs, hilariously retarded accent (It's true, Yorkshiremen; fuck off), relatively close to National Parks and other attractions.
>>
>>1616489
>cheapo pubs
Yeah nah. £4.50 a pint can fuck off.
>>
File: mfw.png (117 KB, 322x454)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>>1616490
>he doesn't know about Sam Smiths and Wetherspoons]
>>
>>1616490
Really? I could have sworn I paid £2.50, maybe three tops. This was two years ago, mind you.
>>
80% of the city looks like Third World slum, at the same it is expensive as if the mouldy rooms full of damp are made from gold and diamonds.
Food is shit, because every cook wants to change job for better paying one so nobody stays in the same place for long.
Transport is Metro 2033 tier, sure you get anywhere but there is a fog of shirt, dirty and skin particles that you CAN SEE WITH YOUR OWN EYES.
I saw an "engineer" taking shit on Oxford Circus street and nobody even minded this, they accepted this as normal part of their day.
>>
The everyday grime,noise,violence and feeling of hopelessness eventually drove me to insanity.
I am sure I am clinically depressed and and suffer from neurosis.
There are no pretty places in London. Every place is surrounded by shit, and looks more and more like Third World.
It’s a dirty, ugly city full of crime and 80% of it looks like a dystopian ghetto.
There are daily stabbings and acid attacks.It is the only city where I have seen people selling rotten vegetables on the street.
I used to go to Victoria and Albert Museum to chill out, but once you step outside you see the stinking buses, thrash on the streets, you have to keep watch so nobody mugs you.

I want to get out.
>>
>>1616491
>Sam Smiths
Ew
>spoons
Chav hell
>>1616492
Not even two years ago. It's a very expensive city
>>
>>1616500
>There are no pretty places in London
Obviously wrong.

>It’s a dirty, ugly city
Some of it is. Much of it looks great and some of it has a superior aesthetic to more or less any other city on the planet.

>full of crime
Fair enough, although it is mostly concentrated on certain areas and the crime in the rich parts is more to do with use of recreational drugs.

>There are daily stabbings and acid attacks
OK you're getting a bit silly now. It's true that there are a lot of niggers stabbing each other in parts of the city no tourists go to but even acid attacks are not common enough to be "daily" - at least not yet.

>I want to get out.
Well fuck off back to your shit hole then
>>
>>1616509
>he doesn't drink ale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INPG3Z2DBtY&t=37s
>>
>>1616510
>replying to pasta
>>
>>1616511
I drink ale but Sam smiths takes like fermented urine
>>
>>1616512
Just Googled a sentence and saw 2 matches but admittedly I don't lurk here much.

>>1616516
a nigger!
>>
>>1616512
>>1616510
I live in London.
It's a shithole.
Absolute shithole.
Tell me where the supposed pretty parts are ?
Moving here 6 years ago was the biggest mistake in my life.
I am stuck with a job here, but hate it with utter passion.
If the city would burn down tomorrow I would be clapping like a burger seeing Bald Eagle flying with cheesburger it in its claws.
>>
>>1616519
Stop being poor
>>
>>1616537
define poor, to live comfortably in London you have to earn at least 120,000 per year, not everyone can be a millionaire.
>>
>>1616539
Topkek. 50k gets you out of the shit areas and into somewhere pleasant with a park,and that's if you're single. One bed in Clapham is only 1500 or so
>>
>>1616542
>you just have to earn 50k
top kek
>>
>>1616546
That's not even that high for London. Any decent commercial lawyer or broker etc will be on double that base. I make more than that and I'm just a basic bitch accountant
>>
>>1616549
Most of us are just bottom feeders dude

Of course its high, what bubble do you live in? Most people are doing low pay jobs.
>>
>>1616549
>That's not even that high for London. Any decent commercial lawyer or broker etc will be on double that base. I make more than that and I'm just a basic bitch accountant

Average salary in London is between 35k and 40k.

And most people aren't lawyers or brokers.
>>
>>1616549
Accounting is surprisingly fun, especially if you're naturally nosey about other's finances as I am.
>>
>>1616559
If you're poor you live in some cool little warehouse flat share with the other starving artists and do bohemian stuff
>>1616563
35-40 is enough to get out of the grim bits. Will get you decent digs in zone 2
>>1616572
You learn more about human nature in accountancy than any other profession. People lie to their wives, their doctor or the police, but nobody fucks about when it comes to their own money
>>
>>1616587
>35-40 is enough to get out of the grim bits. Will get you decent digs in zone 2
>zone 2
>decent
You must have lived all your life in London if you think you can live in anything called "decent" in zone 2 on salary of 35k.
>>
>>1614233
>basically, capitalism is the problem. likewise it's the force that makes it rational for companies to pay an immigrant workforce minimum wage in a city where it's impossible to live while on minimum wage

Actually it is possible.
London you see is for the extremely rich and...the extremely poor.
The rich get property thanks to money.
The extremely poor get housing thanks to benefits.
It's the people in between who are fucked.
>>
>>1616592
35k gives you takehome of 2.2k, share with a buddy or your gf and you can live in Hampstead, garden, reception room and ten minutes into town on the Thameslink
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-82598888.html
>>
>>1616600
>35k gives you takehome of 2.2k, share with a buddy or your gf and you can live in Hampstead
>If you earn 35k you can totally live in shared accommodation
>isn't London great?
Dude this is pathethic.
>>
Just live in Manchester or Liverpool it's cheaper.
>>
>>1616260
Or Bath, but Bath isn't as big and doesn't have as much to do. Both cities have fantastic surrounding countrysides though. Probably best 2 cities in England.
>>
>>1616611
One bedroom flats are available anon. I just googled Hampstead flat and thats the first one that turned up. Or, if you are really clever, you get this thing called a mortgage.
>>
>>1616632
>Or, if you are really clever, you get this thing called a mortgage.
>>
>>1616637
Mortgages are better value than rent anon.You get a decent deal on the mortgage and once you take into account the profit on sale you come out making money.
>>
>>1616642
lol, you went too far, nobody is going for that hook
>>
Londoner here - it's awful but not as bad as Paris
>>
>>1616626
I found Bath boring after a day desu
>>
>>1616642
>assuming you dont have to pay for upkeep
>maintenance & utilities
>your property is insured for natural disasters
>you don't live in a place with an impending housing market crash
Great idea, sounds like a pain in the ass and a gamble though.
>>
File: 1560710261818.png (56 KB, 1465x728)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
yank /pol/niggers who squeal in delight at every acid attack headline so they can feel better about their decaying crime ridden shitholes seriously need to be banned from outside their containment board.
>inb4 sister fucking white trash posting from their trailer home defend their turd world tier country by saying it's just da blax in da cities
>>
>>1616646
>>your property is insured for natural disasters
>>you don't live in a place with an impending housing market crash
Anon, we are talking about property in London here. Trust me, it's a pretty safe bet. Besides the right mortgage can be cheaper than rent anyway
>>
>>1616642
If you want to preach the benefits of home ownership/trv/ is probably not the place to do it. You want /pol/ or /o/.
>I need a place in the middle of nowhere to never leave and house my white broodmare wife
>I need a place with a garage where I can work on my car, and keep a few other hobby vehicles parked in front.

Not, I'd like to teach English in Vietnam but I'm stuck in Ohio looking after this fucking house nobody wants to buy.
>>
>>1616648
How does NYC manage it? It's just as full of Americans as the others
>>
>>1616649
London is pretty safe. Does it even flood from rain?
>>
>>1616648
Your country only exists because of us Americans we save you from nazi occupation so stfu
>>
>>1616652
It's probably the single safest city of it's size anywhere in the world, which is why everyone invests there
>>
>>1616656
>London
>safe
kek
whole countries in Europe have lower knife crime per capita than London
>>
>>1616648
>yank /pol/niggers who squeal in delight at every acid attack
I live in London you moron.
I saw people stabbed live.
Three if my friends died in this city(one from stabbing)
House 30 meters from me has bullet holes from police raid
>>
File: L29zA4w.jpg (63 KB, 630x449)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>1616661
Woah
Yeah London truly has fallen m8
>>
>>1616675
>London-has 800 victims of knife attack injuries in 2 months

WHOLE Poland-has 700 victims of knife attack injuries in a WHOLE year.

Let this sink in. 38 mln country in Eastern Europe has less knife attacks in a year than London alone in 2 months

http://statystyka.policja.pl/st/wybrane-statystyki/bron/bron-przestepstwa/50844,Przestepstwa-przy-uzyciu-broni.html

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/gun-and-knife-crime-soaring-in-london-official-figures-show-a3513366.html
>>
>>1616675
London does have more crime. Yes it has less homicide than NYC, which is what they typically highlight, but much more assault, robbery and theft. It also has 55,000 people go missing each year, that compares to 18,000 in NYC.
>>
>>1616685
>>1616686
I'm not fucking saying London is the safest fucking place on earth, I just thought that fucking maybe someone on the travel board would like to know that London isn't the fucking failed state war zone /pol/faggots like to paint it as because they saw a picture of... get this... non-white children in a London school.
Yes it's a problem, no London's not combatting it effectively, yes some of the stats are worrying, but I'm just saying sort your cunting /pol/ brainwashed heads out.
>>
>>1616694
> but I'm just saying sort your cunting /pol/ brainwashed heads out.
I live in London.
There's literally a murder every week where I live and druggie hobos on the street wandering around screaming and pushing hands in your face for money.
>>
>>1614238
If they'd stop causing so much trouble we wouldn't have cause to bring them up.
>>
File: DSC_0554.jpg (4.19 MB, 3872x2592)
4.19 MB
4.19 MB JPG
love London
>>
File: Goathland_station.jpg (72 KB, 640x480)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>1616488
Adding on to the National Railway Museum in York, it's the largest museum of its kind on Earth, and has several key vehicles on display, most notably the Mallard, the world's fastest steam locomotive.

Also, not far from York is the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, one of the best heritage railways (old timey train ride places) in the country. In case you didn't know, the UK does heritage train stuff better than anyone else, so doing any of the big ones throughout the country is worthwhile.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.