[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 42 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1485201537126.jpg (184 KB, 960x960)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
I am from California, and I'm broke, but i'll be getting a job soon. Hopefully I'll save up $2,000 by the beginning of August.

My gf lives around Pougkeepsie New York and she is constantly abused by the people she lives with. She asked me to take her away from there, so my plan is to find a way to get over there, and bring her back here to cali to live with me and my family.

What is the best way to do this? And I might have to stay for a while in the Pougkeepsie area just to deal with her parents before I whisk her away.

Please help me with some methods to travel there and live there like a hobo, but so that both of us can survive the trip back.
>>
Buckle-in for a bad time, OP
>>
>>1613446
Bruh, just sell all your shit, tell her to do the same, ask some friends to front you some money, work a couple extra shifts, then just go. Are you fucking dumb? $2k is like nothing.
>>
>>1613446
>My gf lives around Pougkeepsie New York and she is constantly abused by the people she lives with.
Call the fucking police.
>>
>>1613463
This and >>>/r9k/

Really though she doesn't need 2k to get from there to California. realistically she probably needs 500 maximum. If she says she needs 2k to come visit you, you're getting scammed hard as shit.
Greyhound NYC->LA/SFO ~250 bucks one way + 2.5 days of food prob 300
Frontier/cheap one way flight ~275
Train probably isn't an option unless she does something NYC->Chicago->SFO, but probably still around 400 bucks
>>
>>1613446
>And I might have to stay for a while in the Pougkeepsie area just to deal with her parents before I whisk her away.
Transporting a minor across state lines is a felony, you sick fuck.
>>
you can fly for less then 500 from there to any major airport in CA and you only need a couple hundred for living expenses. no more than a grand. cost about the same to drive down if you hauling shit. idiots.
>>
>>1613478
Going to go out on a strong limb here and saying his "gf" is getting abused and needs "2000" to come out and see him to live with him. He's getting scammed, there is no way she needs 2000 to escape and abusive family that is so bad she needs to go to cali. If she wanted to get away it would be a quick greyhound bus ticket from NYC->cali or whatever cheap flight is available.
>>
OP here, the $2000 is an estimate I came up with myself for living expenses. I am NOT handing her any money. I've been talking to her for several months, and this shit is for real. (on the phone, video chat, etc).
>>
>>1613485
Then what the shit does this have to do with travel? Don't drive out there to pick her up idiot, if it's a real thing ask for her ID, book her a plane ticket and tell her to get her ass to the airport. There is a train station right there in that town which will easily take her to NYC station, and getting to the airport via metro is not hard or expensive.

If this is just living expenses for 2 people a month then it has nothing to do with /trv/ take it to r9k or /adv/
>>
>>1613446
America is grim
>>
>>1613446
Why is this board so dumb?
>>
>>1613507
there are many begpackers and homosexuals in here.
>>
>>1613467
how fuck is she spending 300 USD on food in 2.5 days. I live in Australia with expensive as fuck food and struggle to spend 100 AUD in a week.
>>
>>1613632
He means that the food is $50 on top of $250 bus fare, making $300 total.
Also please sage when you reply to this thinly veiled begpacking thread.
>>
>>1613446
>>1613485
>"gf"
>never met her
hmmmm
>>
>>1613831
Show bobs
Open vagene
>>
>>1613446
Either you’re retarded or she’s underage. Probably both.
>>
>>1613632
>how fuck is she spending 300 USD on food in 2.5 days.
A growing girl needs her fillet mignon and lobster every day.
>>
>>1613446
Important things:
>Have you actually met her or is this e-g/f
>Is she over 18?

#1 If she is not over 18 you're going to jail when her parents phone the cops as her lawful guardian. No amount of "but she said she was abused!" will keep you out of jail. Remember this.

#2 She's also probably not being abused, more likely she's living out some fantasy or fish hooking you or something otherwise the police would be involved. If you show up or give her money she'll disappear.
>>
File: 1560246526485.jpg (27 KB, 713x720)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>1613485
>I've been talking to her for several months, and this shit is for real.
>on the phone, video chat,
>>
>>1613451
Yeah bro just sell all your shit for a girl that might just leave you a month later
>>
Does thirst for pussy really make people that dumb?
>>
>>1613854
I let out an audible kek you sick fuck
>>
>>1613951
Yes. It does.
>>
>>1613925
Holy shit.

Guys she's 21 years old.

ANd I've seen her fucking scars.
>>
>>1614147
>fucking scars
Yeah cause her rents are really using blades and clubs on their daughter
Good luck finding out the hard way
>>
>>1613446
Based
>>
>>1613446
You’re fucking retarded.
>>
>>1613951
Oh you have no idea.
>>
>>1613632
OP means heroin
>>
File: 1547153521646.png (599 KB, 625x603)
599 KB
599 KB PNG
>>1614147
Ok. So fly her out to your place. $300 for a flight, $200 a month for food, which you can earn yourself or she can get a fast-food job to buy her necessities.

Those are literally the only expenses. You already have living space that you are paying for, so she can just move into your bed. She doesn't have to have a car immediately, you can drop her off at work and pick her back up in the evening, just like millions of other couples do.

The unemployment rate in the U.S. is around 4% right now, and anyone who wants a job can get hired at one. If she has any skills she can find a job that will give her insurance as well as money. If not, she's young and healthy and can risk it until she can develop the skills to get a job with insurance benefits.

This is a dumb thread. If you expect people to throw money at you, you're a dumb shit.
>>
>>1613446
>>1614147
OP your internet gf has BPD.

Just letting you know this now.
>>
>>1614201
How do you know she has BPD and how can I help her through it?
>>
>>1614205
>how can I help her through it?
you can't. Don't invest any more emotional energy in it.
>>
>>1614205
Just do whatever she tells you to do you fucking mark.
>>
>>1613831
desu I lost my vcard to an online gf and she was across the atlantic
>>
Spirit airline $99 ticket: Solved
>>
>>1613446
post more pictures of your gf so we can determine the best course of action
>>
>>1614533
does your dick reach across the ocean
>>
You're being hustled my nigga
>>
>>1613446
Get fucking real. Wake up. She is not your girlfriend. I bet you've never even met her.

You are a NEET who lives on the complete other side of the nation from this girl.

Wake up.
>>
>>1613485
No, it isn't "for real". At all. Get your head out of your ass and stop being so stupid.

You have clearly never met this girl in person. She is not your girlfriend. It is not "for real".

For fuck sake this is pathetic.
>>
>>1613446
I'm from Poughkeepsie. I am not helping some CIA glow in the dark nigger kidnap a girl into 3rd world sex slavery, Pablo.
>>
not sure if op is intending to scam this board or if he is being scammed himself
>>
>>1618513
Quit bumping the thread you retard. Sage goes in all holes.
>>
>>1613485
You must be at least 18 years old to post on 4channel.
>>
>>1614205
had a friend with a LDR, his girl turned out to have BPD

The ONE time he went and visited her he came back with a black eye

You're a dumb cunt
>>
>>1613470
Yeah reading his post I was like "whisk her away" "save me from my parents"

>>1613446
How old is this girl that she can't get a few hundred bucks and a way to NYC?
>>
File: my girlfriend.png (174 KB, 676x864)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
OP here, I am just gonna post pic related, this sums up the story.

We are meeting on July 5th, that's when it's all gonna go down. So help me if you want, or not.
>>
>>1619664
note: by help, no I am not asking for money, I am asking for advice
>>
>>1619666
This isn't travel related, take this stupid shit to /soc/ or /r9k/.

If shit actually went down call the cops on their dumbass shit situation. No one here on travel gives a shit about your stupid relationship issues that you are too dumb to do the obvious stuff
>>
>>1619669
>asking for the best way to get from LA to NY.
>ThIs IsN't TrAvEL reLaTed
>>
>>1619671
You're asking relation ship advice and people have told you how simple it is to book a flight or greyhound bus.

Your question is answered dipshit, if she is 22 she can only have a missing persons filed against her. She just checks into some where and says she isn't missing to null it when she proves ID and answers questions + tell them all the dumb shit she is leaving.

Your question has been answered, you're just wanting attention at this point for your stupid drama filled bs that belongs on /soc/ or /r9k/.
>>
america is grim
>>
>>1613446
Aahhhahahahahahhhahahahahahahhahahaahhahaahahahahahhaahahahahahaha
>>
>>1619675
Californians are pathetic
>>
I bet she could tell OP she's preggos with his baby (even tho they never met) and he'd believe her.
>>
>>1619673

OP sounds like one of those boomers that send their lifetime savings to a Nigerian prince
>>
>>1613446
don't be a cuck
dump her
>>
File: Coffee.jpg (8 KB, 226x166)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>1613446
What is stopping you from buying a plane ticket in her name and telling her to get on with a full suit case?

If she is abused, then there shouldn't be anything that couldn't be replaced she is leaving behind, except a pet, which you can simply buy a second ticket for.

This sounds like a shitty situation and I don't know all the details, but most girls "needing a rescue" are going to leave you once they are clear of any distractions of her actual feelings towards you. My first girlfriend did this shit to me because her family was legitimately abusing her psychologically to the point CPS had to get involved. Soon as she was clear of her parents, she told me to fuck off as she no longer needed a shoulder to cry on. Thought my heart was broken, then I realized she was trash for doing that so at least I learned my lesson. You should be ready for a bad break up after dumping an unreasonable amount of money into this situation.
>>
>>1619679
This, the IQ of Cali's are low because they are taught that everyone is equal and everything is rainbow and sunshine. Then, when reality sets in, they have no idea how to handle it. Which is why the crime rate and poverty level is so high there. That... and niggers.
>>
>>1619664
That’s the most pathetic thing I ever read and I visit /r9k/ from time to time.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.