[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1528051228368.jpg (61 KB, 462x582)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
Moving to china soon for study
Any tips on what to avoid, and things that I should do?

I'm moving in with my gf there, so I'm not planning to do sexpat things.
>>
>>1608986
>forced gf to move to China with him
Pffft ha ha ha
So your relationship will either be strengthened, or be completely destroyed.
>>
what's up with all this china shills recently? first some chink shitting on indians, then shitton of people going there to study...
>>
I'm probably going to Harbin to teach in August. I'm a single dude though so, looking forward to it.
>>
>>1610659
Harbi is the best city in China (no, not Shanghai), have fun.
>>
>>1610667
Why not Qingdao?
>>
>>1610667
>Harbi is the best city in China
Coldest maybe.
It's not bad I guess but I wouldn't say best unless you were really, really into smoked sausages or Russian shit in general.
>>
>>1608986
Loud and rude people.
I live in Taiwan and that is close enough to China thanks.
>>
>>1608986
>I'm moving in with my gf there, so I'm not planning to do sexpat things.
whats the point. You're just missing out massively. You will regret it when you literally have girls approaching you.
>>
>>1613020
Some people aren’t into Taiwan because they aren’t really attracted to SEA monkeys.
>>
>>1613075
Taiwan women are not that naturally pretty but Hong Kong is way worse. The SEA genes are way too strong there.
>>
>>1613078
Oh, no arguments there. Cantonese people are the ugliest.
>>
>>1613078
>>1613081
Ironically in china they seem to believe the southern women are the best looking
>>
>>1613083
They mean Ba-Shu and Jiangnan when they say that and not the Southeast provinces of Hainan, Fujian, Guangdong etc.
>>
>>1613085
Makes sense. I heard they weren’t even considered “Chinese” until the Ming?
>>
>>1613002
I am in very much into both of those things, and I hate hot weather.
>>
>>1613083
Don't the Chinese like women that look like ayyys?
>>
>>1613162
They like Sichuanese women
>>
File: fan-bingbing-sad.jpg (66 KB, 1024x610)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>1613162
pic related is basically considered a 10/10 face in China. Her body isn't anything to sneeze at either.
Her rap sheet is considered more a matter of "don't get caught" than "don't do that".
>>
>>1613160
>I am in very much into both of those things, and I hate hot weather.
Well, Harbin is famous for three things.
The Russian border (and therefore Russian goods and people), smoked sausages and an ice festival.
You should be quite happy there.

If I can give you just a little advice, bring some things with you. Chinese are well prepared for the cold but you might not find all their cold weather gear in your size and as prepared as they are, there are superior solutions from the snow sports industry in the west.
Bring:
studded ice tires for a bike (700C35 would be fine, or some standard mtb size, Schwalbe are great) - they don't exist in China but they should
ski jacket and pants that you can cycle in - test them out first, maybe bring two pairs, they're fantastic for cycling around China in -20 to -40c
thermals - less critical, they're stretchy and common in China
ski gloves that you can cycle in, mittens too maybe but I mean ones that you can grip brakes with
snow boarding boots or maybe winter mountain bike boots
skiing balaclava
turtle fur

Harbin is seriously cold in Winter, like north Canadian cold. China doesn't much go in for all these technical solutions, they just wear extra socks, puffy jackets, handle-bar covers, things like that.
Solutions exist in the west though, some from Canadian cyclists etc, some from mountain sports. Bring them with you.
>>
Is it true that Northern Chinese drink a lot and are more likely to start a fight?
>>
>>1610642
Lol
True
First one and then the other.
Moving with my gf to Beijing made her /pol/
>>
>>1613726
Yes
>>
>>1613674
....interesting.
There are certain things that are universally considered unattractive (asymmetry, mottled acne ridden skin, lesions etc, rotting teeth) but once you get past those things so much of what is considered "beautiful" comes down to culture and personal taste. That woman is obviously not ugly, but I probably wouldn't pay her much attention.
>>
>>1613726
Yes. They also don’t really eat rice.
>>
File: 1425957896695.jpg (169 KB, 850x1200)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>1610642
not bringing my gf, my gf lives there.
stayed with her before then. but back then her place was more shitty because she just moved to a new city and didnt make as much money as she does now.
>>
>>1613075
U WOT M8
Taiwanese are not SEA and dont not look like SEA. They look east asian with most having a more tan complexion.
I've been to cambodia and philipines. SEA and east asians look way different.
I've been to Japan and Hong kong and I would say Taiwanese on average are naturally hotter.
>>
>>1613162
Yes, chins so thin and pointly they can drill into the earth.
>>1613674
her nose is awful.
>>
>>1613920
They literally have SEA ancestry, dumbass. There’s a reason why the Han Chinese look so much more diverse the further south you go. China was an empire for over 2000 years and its largest foreign genetic contribution is in Southeast China and came from the SEA people known to the Chinese as simply “Baiyue”. Chinese men began to settle in the south and take indigenous wives whom they raised as full Chinese due to patrilineality where you would be considered Han even if your mother wasn’t Han. The mist divergent of these regions were the Lingnan provinces (Guangdong and Guangxi). Funny enough, even the Han in Southwest China like Yunnan are genetically more Han despite the shitloads of ethnic minorities precisely because of the lack of assimilation which occurred in the Southeast which would erase such minorities.
>>
>>1613920
>SEA and east asians look way different.
Kek you clearly haven’t been to Vietnam then.
>>
>>1613743
>so much of what is considered "beautiful" comes down to culture and personal taste
Yeah, it's why you see idiots talking about who blacks only get 'ugly' asian women when they're actually picking women that look hot to them, usually thicc etc.

Fan Bing Bing has big eyes, a V-line jaw, 'cute' ears, a big nose, a high forehead and pale complexion. These are all considered desirable traits to most Chinese.

>>1613871
>she just moved to a new city
Which city? I'll keep her warm for you.
No really, tips depend on where you're going and when.

>>1613922
>her nose is awful
Big noses suggest wealth in Chinese culture, her nose is considered high-class to Chinese eyes. Subjectivity is weird, heh.
Pointy chins are a 'V-line' and also considered hot. You see girls posting using thumb and forefinger to accentuate their jaw line in selfies.
>>
>>1613971
Out of all the Chinkposting on this board, "Taiwanese are SEAs" has to be the strangest.
>>
>>1614356
Are you new? It used to be all over on other boards. It is a historically and scientifically accepted fact but I don’t get why it bothers people so much unless you don’t like SEA people.
>>
>>1614378
Yeah it started out with memes about Cantonese people on /pol/ and /his/ years ago. It’s not the chinks who do most of it though but hooks - blame threads like Korean Sen

>I don’t get why it bothers people so much unless you don’t like SEA people.

That’s precisely it. Also now Japanese people are spreading shit about Koreans being SEA
>>
>>1614379
*gooks
And I meant to type “Korean Sentry”.

They really spread about the Nordsinid, Midsinid, Sundsinid stuff which infected /pol/ for some time.
>>
>>1614380
Hey now, Korean Sentry is good for a laugh. Anons should go check out that forum but beware that spending too much time on it may melt your brain. Anyone else think it’s weird how they’re Korean ultra nationalists but talk in only English? Are they gyopos?
>>
>>1614356
It is true though, Taiwan had it's own SEA culture and peoples long before the Han RoC showed up on the shores of Formosa.
>>
>>1614064
What do cute ears look like?
>>
>>1613674
>Her rap sheet is considered more a matter of "don't get caught" than "don't do that".
what?
>>
>>1615764
The Han first showed up during the Ming Dynasty and it was mostly men so they took shitloads of SEA wives. Over the centuries the number of Han grew while the Formosans diminished either through assimilation into the Han or the Han straight up murdering them.
>>
>>1613732
>implying she didn't want the hive's bugdick
>leaves you for Huawei executive
>>
>>1615767
>What do cute ears look like?
Like hers. Ear lobes aren't 'cute' but are considered good luck and a sign of wealth.

>>1615781
tax evasion involving fake versions of contracts for the tax department, the amount of tax evaded were pretty ridiculously high

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.