[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 115 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: file.png (4.15 MB, 1920x1049)
4.15 MB
4.15 MB PNG
Tell us about your experiences with Vietnam
>>
I'm in Hanoi right now, and was just walking around when some slightly older viet chick caught my eye. She wasn't dressed super nice, but had a decent face. We stared at each other for a sec, then she came up to me and we started to talk using google translate. Seemed like she really wanted to fuck, but then some random younger guy came up and tried talking to me in english. He was asking how we knew each other, then he and her started talking. They didn't seem to know each other, and then the dude started trying to tell me something on Google translate when she tried taking my phone from the dude's hands. At that point I felt off about the situation, so I took my phone back and just walked away. She tried following me for a second but I kept walking.

What do you think the deal was? Was he trying to warn me about her or something? Or was he just not happy that some white dude was gonna sleep with a vietnamese chick. Either way I didn't like that situation.
>>
Is it true that they don't let you bring a Viet woman to your hotel double room of you are not married?
Are these communists fucking demons?
>>
>>1599020
Maybe it was some kind of scam: that chick probably wanted to steal your phone or something. Never trust people approaching you abroad (or anywhere in general). If you want to smash qts use Tinder.

>>1599025
Never heard about that.

I got a question: what us the appeal of Vietnam? I mean Thailand has tons of point of interests, Cambodia too. What are you supposed to visit in Vietnam?
>>
>>1599020
Vietnamese will approach you to talk all the time. She could have just wanted her turn to translate something to you. It’s still best to be careful with your phone. I don’t know why they can’t just use translation apps in their own phones.
>>
>>1599019
Vietnamese authorities are corrupt as fuck and the locals love to scam whiteys.

Also they’re a conservative culture but still have lots of STDs. Maybe because they’re poor so sell they sell their daughters into the sex trade or because of the conservatism they don’t know how to practise safe sex.
>>
>>1599037
What I love about Vietnam is their lifestyle. All the coffee shops during the day and street restaurants at night. They have fun drinking rituals. Everything is extremely cheap. There’s nice nature around too. (Ha long bay, Ninh Binh, son doong cave, etc)
>>
>>1599037
Culturally Vietnam is kind of like a mini China but in a jungle and more ethnically diverse and poorer and more chaotic and with less than a quarter of the history. It has good food and nature though.
>>
>>1599037
I’m sure the novelty would wear off quick if I lived there, but driving a motorbike in Vietnamese traffic is peak fun
>>
>>1599037
Northern Vietnam is maybe the most beautiful place in the world. The food can be great but generally isn't mind blowing. Everything's ridiculously cheap. They have the best coffee in the world. The women are good looking.

It's developing really fast too, prices are rising faster than anywhere except maybe Myanmar. There are way more tourists than 3 years ago, which isn't really a good/bad thing, it just is what it is.
>>
>>1599020
>Was he trying to warn me about her or something?
It's possible. Unlikely to be directly cock-blocking, more likely warning about a scam...or he was part of the scam.
Her trying to take your phone could either be her trying to block him from exposing her, or part of the scam. Hard to say. Scammers are reasonably common around places like turtle lake so it definitely could be.

>>1599072
>because of the conservatism they don’t know how to practise safe sex
It's this. Prostitution isn't a huge thing in Vietnam, it's around of course but not like Thailand. Affairs and pre-maritital sex is how STDs get around.

>>1599080
>driving a motorbike in Vietnamese traffic is peak fun
That's honestly how you're most likely to encounter corruption. Not having papers for the bike, not wearing a helmet, turning into the wrong street...all a chance for a cop to get USD$25 off you. They camp out the corners where you can't easily see the No Left Turn sign.

>>1599097
>The food can be great but generally isn't mind blowing
I think it's a particularly unique cuisine, it's not really like anything around it, either Cambodian, Thai or Cantonese. Some stuff gets a little bit like Laos/Nth Thai cuisine I guess but only a few dishes.
>>
File: 2018-11-12_01-06-34.jpg (440 KB, 1506x1000)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
Stayed there for about a year over a 3 year period. HCM was great, Nha Trang has way too many russians and prostitutes, Hoi An seems kind of like a tourist trap, Hue is ok but lower density, HN is great too.

Nothing like getting a bowl of delicious 20k bun cha bbq'd on the side of the road. Girls will approach you constantly, if you walk 2 minutes to the convenience store multiple girls will come up to you. They don't mind being assertive, they will ask for your contact details and offer to take you out to some cafe they like. The first day I spent in HN a huge group of 17-18 year old girls approached me and bought me ice cream. VN guys treat women like shit so the girls misinterpret basic human kindness.

>>1599025
Technically illegal but never had anyone stop me.

Pic related is from Hai Phong, nice town if it didn't close at 10pm. Can't even get banh mi at 1am. Mukbanged a ton of bbq at this store for 100k, biggest meal I ate in a long time after scootering across from hn during the night.
>>
Is it just me or is Hanoi covered in a thick haze at all times? Might just be smog or something.

Also do you guys have any bar or club recommendations that aren't too touristy in Hanoi?
>>
>>1599097
any places specifically you would recommend in the North?
>>
>>1599100
I found a lot of the food similar to SW China, like in Yunnan or Guangxi.. basically centred on rice noodles. It's good but gets repetitive.

>>1599159
You can't really go wrong, but Ha Giang and Cao Bang
>>
>>1599097
What’s the difference between Northern and Southern Vietnamese people?
>>
As a white guy in Vietnam, I love smashing so many cuties, even ones that are ugly but in a cute way. It's fun and they enjoy it. I'm pretty sure my grandpa did the same when he was stationed there
>>
>>1599216
Tell me more, I was planning to go to Thailand but if I can smash qts in Vietnam for free you have my attention
>>
>>1599019
>>1599037
Went to Hanoi and Sapa with a girl I knew. Hanoi was interesting if only for the history there and walking around the night market. Sapa was gorgeous but it was obvious everyone wanted you to buy things there, which wasn’t surprising. Stole a bottle opener from a restaurant in Ha Long Bay because it looked awesome. Also Hanoi was one of the few places I could find a place to eat dog
>>
Avoid Saigon what a fucking shithole. Da Lat is my favorite place in SEA you have to go there
>>
>>1599159
Sa Pa
>>
>>1599253
Thais are jungle monkeys with wide noses and dark skin. Viet are basically southern Chinese but have culture. Vietnam is also cheaper and just in general more interesting. You don't run into sexpats (those who pay) as often which is nice. You can actually make meaningful interactions at hostels because of that fact too.
>>
>>1599295
what about cambodia then?
>>
>>1599298
AIDSbodia? Hard fucking pass
>>
File: 1556829178351.jpg (77 KB, 480x480)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>1599295
>Thais are jungle monkeys with wide noses and dark skin.
Nah.
>>
>>1599020
Where did this happen? I usually get cockblocked by Viets who just want to practice english around Hoan Kiem. It's hard to tell for sure if it was a scam attempt or not, but better safe than sorry.
>>
>>1599300
what if you wear a condom?
>>
>>1599300
HIV isn't real though
>>
>>1599258
>Also Hanoi was one of the few places I could find a place to eat dog
I've always preferred to do that in the comfort of my own bedroom.
>>
>>1599312
This is a mixed breed though and undergone massive plastic surgery as well as applying lots of makeup. And on top of that is a photo filter.

Now show a fullblood Thai without plastic surgery, makeup and filters and you'll see a monkey that belongs in the zoo.
>>
>>1599258
how many years ago you were there? 6?
>>
>>1599357
I was there late last year. The dog restaurant was only about a km from the touristy area we were staying.
>>
File: nam.jpg (180 KB, 720x960)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>1599037
My Vietnam highlights:
-Kayaking through caves in Cat Ba
-Bicycling through bamboo forests
-Boating through the swamps at Tra Su, pic related
-The food of course
-Egg coffee

Things I didn't like:
-Nose picking is not taboo, dudes be walking around with a finger halfway up their nostril at all times
-When you can't find anything to eat except pho 3 meals a day
-Sleeper buses/trains with beds designed for people who are <5 feet tall
-The litter problem, but that goes for all of Asia
>>
>>1599312
wow this one example totally negates the other 95% of the population. you're right! every Thai girl looks like this! oh wait this is a thai man.
>>
>>1599331
why not fuck a girl you date and trust? much more rewarding and way less worrying.
>>
>>1599216
lol are you me? My dad was stationed in Nha Trang. After he divorced my mom he told me all sorts of stories so I went there myself. still all true:)
>>
>>1599445
God I hate Christians.
>>
>>1599216
Is it really that easy in Vietnam? The other guys on here keep telling that Viet girls are way more conservative than the ones in other non-muslim SEA countries.
>>
>>1599468
God I hate Incels
>>
>>1599472
They’re more conservative for sure. Some of it is just dudes that live there and want to keep the competition away but Thailand, Cambodia, and Philippines are much easier.
>>
>>1599472
Vietnam is harder to get laid than Japan and even South Korea. Ignore that LARPer
>>
>>1599474
Incel = involuntary celibate.
Me = fucking any girl that I see and want because I’m in Asia.
You = at best: married to a Thai woman complaining about your belly and asking you to help her family with their sick buffalo.
>>
>>1599445
>why not fuck a girl you date and trust?
you're going to vietnam . . .
>>
>>1599312
>40% chinese blood and plastic surgery
>>
>>1599356
You got it the other way around. Thais are a Kra-Dai people from Southern China so they were originally quite fair skinned with smaller noses like Zhuangs but they intermixed heavily with Austroasiatics who already lived in what we know as Thailand today but some of them are more East Asian looking due to migration of Han Chinese traders starting from the 13th century. Meanwhile the Vietnamese are an Austroasiatic people who would have originally looked more similar to the Khmer and Muong and they absorbed the incoming Kra-Dai people as they migrated from Southern China and then the Han Chinese took control of Vietnam and intermarried with them extensively passing on a substantial amount of Chinese genetic material. Today DNA tests often put Viet populations between Chinese and Khmer.
>>
>>1599521
This. The Thais were originally light skinned and the Vietnamese were dark skinned but they got mutted in different ways over thousands years.
>>
>>1599477
>harder than south korea
Uh, no.
>>
>>1599522
One funny thing I learned is that Japanese people are more closely related to SEAsians than they are to East Asians (except for Koreans - indicating that Koreans make up part of the Japanese gene pool but the original Japanese people were Southeast Asians).
>>
>>1599532
Yes which is why archaeological study is so hard to do in Japan. The government does not like the historical connection to Korea.
>>
>>1599322
>>1599037
Might've been a scam, but the reason I'm thinking it isn't is because she didn't just straight up walk to me. We were at one of those elevated street crossings, walked past each other while looking at each other, then we both turned around and looked at each other again and that's when she came to me. I have no clue. It was in a not so touristy part of town. Either way I'll be on tinder instead of trying to pick up random chicks off the street now.
>>
>>1599356
Full Blooded Thais are actually light, it's the full blooded Viets that are dark. But neither population has "pure Thais" or "pure Viets" anymore.
>>
>>1599295
>>1599300
>>1599356
You sound like the type of guy who everybody hates in a party anon.
>>
>>1599610
He sounds like a Viet on one of those nationalist Viet forms. They like to act like they're better than other SEAsians because a lot of Viets are light skinned even though they got it from their Chinese grandfathers.
>>
>>1599611
Who knows, probably a Thai whore stole his pocket money in patayya or something.
>>
>>1599477
wow you must be ugly and not white.
>>
>>1599158
Hanoi has some of the worst air quality in SEA
>>
>>1599611
>>1599610
look at this projection. I'm not even every poster you replied to. This board needs IDs and Flags
>>
Are the effects of Agent Orange still noticeable on the nature or people of Vietnam?
>>
>>1599683
Nature's done an OK job of bouncing back where it's been allowed to. I visited a bird sanctuary in the south which was apparently a wasteland in the '70s; rigorous tree planting since then has made it into a valuable ecosystem for native birds.
You see a lot of people missing limbs, but I never know if that's agent orange mutations or injuries from unexploded ordinance.

I dunno if it's still there, but when I visited the American War Museum in Saigon there was a photography exhibit on display, pictures of agent orange kids doing normal kid things despite their mutations -- an image of a girl with no arms laughing and chasing a flock of pigeons sticks in my mind. Every single Vietnamese person in that room was crying.
>>
Everyone talks about all the scams in Vietnam threads, I've been here 3 years and I've never even seen a scam except airport taxi scams which just charge you . I've become so complacent when someone does try to scam me they will probably be successfull .
>>
>>1599683
I met a Vietnamese guy without any legs because of Orange and he was abandoned by his family and left on the streets to beg.
>>
>>1599702
Yeah the problem with Agent Orange is that it's a mutagen so it could affect all your descendants with birth defects.
>>
Vietnam is one of the most beautiful countries Ive ever visited. The nature is just mindblowing. Phong Nha + jungle and cave trekking was just great fun; randomly seeing 30 000+ bats in the cave roof 100 meters above looking down at us, flying in specific patterns together.

The coffee is the best in the world. And Im a pretentious coffee lover and knower.

Everytime I smiled at locals, they smiled back. Theyre really not good at english, but who cares.

Karaokes everywhere, with horrible flanger and delay effects on the vocals. Love it.

Great beer.

Went to a random beach party near Hoi An/Da Nang, it was completely mayhem. Everybody dancing in the pouring rain in the middle of the night. Weed smoke everywhere and free beer from the bar, us changing from jumping in the pool and the ocean in the rain. It was wild.

A lot less touristy feel than Thailand imo, for better or worse. Not as good beaches, but some are really nice

Food are meh compared to Thailand imo. Still good though. I love their eating rituals in the big cities, with everyone sitting around in the streets earing cheap pho (0.4$ ish for a meal)
>>
>>1599664
Goddamn, I'd believe it though. Speaking of pollution, holy fuck the noise pollution. I'd go deaf if I lived here for more than a few years
>>
>>1599726
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
Any anons in Hanoi tonight? I'm here till tomorrow when I head to Ha Long bay

>>1599726
>The coffee is the best in the world. And Im a pretentious coffee lover and knower.
Yeah I had some egg coffee today, that was literally the best coffee I'd ever had. Great stuff.
>>
>>1599664
I'm surprised, Jakarta is bad sure, wouldn't have thought anywhere in Vietnam was on the same level, maybe it's blown down from China.
Still, put it in perspective, 40 is actually not very bad at all. A bad day in China is 150+, 40 is a very good day in a lot of Chinese cities.
Western cities that are considered clean with excellent air get about 20-30, a rain forest has about 10-15.

So, this really isn't something to particularly complain about. However when I put Hanoi into AQI map, it comes up with numbers all over the place, looks like it really depends on how the wind is blowing or something, which is common in coastal cities.
http://aqicn.org/city/hanoi

>>1599758
>holy fuck the noise pollution
Yeah, this is a problem in Vietnam, people just lean on the horn the whole time. They use horns instead of brakes.
Crossing the border into China where people ride electric scooters and there is hardly any horn used was such a relief to my ears.
>>
>>1599080
I've been living here, driving a bike for nearly 2 years and the fun has never died. Driving on the side walk/pavement, through red lights and over impossible mountains never gets old.

As long as you have a helmet, the cops won't bother you.
>>
>>1599709
So is there no cure?
>>
>all the threads about Vietnam are about food.
>All the threads about Thailand are about prostitution.

Wh...what if I want both?
>>
>>1599683
on vietnamese tv you can see every weeka a charity programme where often there are some disabled people one way or the other.
>>
>>1599445
God look at this retard.

>>1599478
fucking LMAO
>>
>>1599683
>Be American
>Visiting war museum in HCMC
>Guy outside is selling photocopied bootleg Lonely Planet guidebooks for 'Nam
>Ask him how much
>As he turns around, I realize he's got no arms
>"$40 for guidebook"
>I hand over the cash without even arguing
>>
>>1599937
>>1599692
How is the American War Museum anyway? Planning on staying in HCMC for 3 weeks and all of the cool museums seem to be to the north, but this one seems interesting.
>>
>>1599478
imagine in ironically marrying a jungle monkey from thailand. I can't think big anything more embarrassing. She 100% used to be a hooker.
>>
>>1599853
Thailand has better food than Vietnam though
>>
>>1600301
This is true. How does Cambodia compare?
>>
>>1600030
>How is the American War Museum anyway?
It's ok, it has a few unique things but is pretty much just propaganda and some photos of it being taken over.

You used to be able to fire guns there but maybe that closed years ago.

>>1599846
>So is there no cure?
There are no cures for germ-line mutagens, no. Those born disabled are just cared for the way you care for any disabled people, which is better than might be expected in Vietnam, on account of how common it is in post-war generations. There are villages which kind of host a bunch of the affected kids etc. Eventually, those will have been 'bred out' and the population ought to return to normal.
Cleaning it up in the environment involves burning the shit out of stuff since it only breaks down >1000c. That's sort of an ongoing exercise.

>>1600301
>Thailand has better food than Vietnam though
I unironically prefer Vietnamese food. I think it's a more complex cuisine than you're giving it credit for, with a lot of thought put into flavours and combinations in meals.
>>
>>1599846
No, you just sterilize those affected so they don’t breed. Gene editing is still considered taboo that’s why.
>>
>>1600197
Yeah. My Philippine gf is much better than those thai monkeys :^)
>>
>>1600483
>pinoy
>not monkey
>>
Vietnam is a very beautifull country,better went there in October maybe!
>>
Brehs. Im going to Vietnam for 2 weeks in August with my GF to visit her family and see some sights. Is everyone just going to assume shes my prostitute (im white)?

Are other vietnamese chicks going to try and take me from her? I dont want to deal with all that shit. She doesnt really like most vietnamese people (has been living in US since she was 14).

I'm going to Saigon, Phan Theit and then maybe Hanoi but I am not sure just yet.
>>
>>1600658
Everyone is going to assume youre both racemixing losers. Her family is going to expact pricey souvenirs and cash because she's with wealthy white/living in us. Noone is going to "steal" you, unless you actively try.
>>
>>1600663
hi unwanted roastie!
>>
File: 20171210_211426.jpg (1.56 MB, 2880x2160)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
One of the best places to travel which is safe for tourists other than Singapore and has lots of cheap and affordable places to travel. Stayed in Hanoi, Danang and HCM and frequently travel there.

It's clean, people are hygienic but still so corrupt.
>>
>>1600658
One girl that I went on a date with was approached by multiple dudes while I went to the bathroom calling her a prostitute and shit. I think they knew she wasn’t but wanted to insult her for being with a white dude.
>>
>>1600663
They wont expect money but a gift for the grandparents is a good idea, no family members in Vietnam expect you to give them money unless it's for a wedding. When visiting my girlfriends family in the delta I just bring some quality beef jerky and chocolate for a few people that I get along with well. Racemixing couples aren't seen as losers in vietnam butsome people will assume your girl is with you because or money though.
>>
>>1600833
Well her family is significantly wealthy. I do alright but theyve done much better.

I’ve already met her parents when they came to the stares earlier this year and got them gifts. Just small shit nothing crazy.

I just don’t want to have to deal with prostitutes trying to drag me away from her when we are apart for any amount of time. I’ve been to China and Hong Kong and the prostitutes we’re pretty aggressive
>>
>>1600842
Best to ask your girlfriend who to buy for and what. Also because they are well off they will already have a lot of things, food is a great idea mostly if it's something unique to your country that they can't get in Vietnam. I'm pretty terrible with gifts myself.
You won't have to deal with prostitutes or people trying to drag you away if you're with her but she will likely get jealous if lots of girls are checking you out. Hope you enjoy yourself
>>
>>1600827
this is what men do when they have baby sized penises
>>
>>1600862
kek
>>
How noisy and dirty is Vietnam?
>>
>tfw fucked the cute Viet hostel worker last night

>>1601049
Very, especially in the big cities
>>
>>1601049
It’s super noisy. They always honk their horns. And it’s dirty like all SEA except Singapore.
>>
>>1600827
Is this a big problem there?
>>
>>1600658
>Is everyone just going to assume shes my prostitute (im white)?
No, they won't. If she looks like a local then they might be a bit annoyed at her for breaking the 'foreigners are only for money' rule but they'll assume she's a local girl who's dating a foreigner. Like >>1600827 says, they might have a poor opinion of her but that's it.
However, if they can see (or think) that she's "overseas-vietnamese" then they'll probably care a lot less, that's way more common and they don't apply the same rules to overseas-vietnamese, though they do try to extract cash and sometimes dislike her for different reasons (overseas-viets break rules by being able to get local prices, understanding what people are saying about them but still having foreigner-sized wallets).

>She doesnt really like most vietnamese people (has been living in US since she was 14).
That's probably temporary, a lot of ABCs and similar types go through a phase like that, I know a few kids who did that. A trip back to Vietnam might even fix that a bit.

Obviously bring some gifts for the family but it doesn't have to be extravagant. Duty-free Congac or cigarette cartons used to be standard but you can probably do better.

>>1600842
>Well her family is significantly wealthy. I do alright but theyve done much better.
Heh, Cognac it is then. Maybe some nice reds if you live somewhere like Napa. If they're wealthy then they may well have Western or French tastes. Vietnam produces some surprisingly good Champagne too.

>I just don’t want to have to deal with prostitutes trying to drag me away from her when we are apart for any amount of time
That won't happen.
Vietnam has prostitution but it's underground, behind shopfronts where you'd need to know the customs to encounter it. Go to some places and a "hair-dresser" might have someone out front offering a USD$100 blow-dry but it's unlikely you'll encounter that outside of tourist areas and only if you're alone.
>>
>>1601057
>It’s super noisy. They always honk their horns
Sadly, Vietnam is the epitome of using horns instead of brakes.
And it's tropical so everywhere is kind of overgrown, unkempt and dirty.
>>
Is buying a motorcycle in Hanoi and driving all the way to HCMC a meme?
I'm flying to Vietnam in a few weeks and I keep seeing this stuff everywhere
>>
>>1601078
I'd do the same so its non issue for me.
>>
>>1601049
>On long, windy bus ride in mountains
>Vietnamese lady next to me begins to look green around the gills
>She shouts something at the driver and he opens up glovebox full of plastic bags and passes one back
>She proceeds to vomit and loogie into this plastic bag for several minutes
>Tosses it out the window as we're driving through a village
>Repeats this process multiple times on the trip
I love the Vietnamese so I don't want to generalize and say everyone shits up the place. But the behavior of some people is astonishing. The idea that littering is bad doesn't even occur to people (in fairness this is true of all Asians, except the Japs). It's particularly sad to see how kids have been taught to disdain the use of trash receptacles. I'll never forget cruising around Cat Ba, easily the most beautiful coastline on earth, and watching locals nonchalantly tossing their empty coke bottles and chip wrappers overboard.
Someone above mentioned nose picking; OK so we all do it -- but at least in my culture we don't nose-pick with wild abandon in public places. And I saw at least one roadside pooper in Saigon.
>>
File: vc.jpg (141 KB, 845x639)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
about 25 clicks up the long dong river
charlie had us surrounded
>>
>>1601322
>except the Japs
Nah Singaporeans are a better example
>>
>>1600827
SEETHING masculinity
>>
Is it easy to cross over the border into Laos? Seems like Laos is the less touristy and Wilder version of Vietnam. Or should I just explore the whole of Vietnam instead of North Vietnam and Laos?
>>
>>1601627
there's a reason Laos isn't a tourist destination.
>>
>>1601553
Kek, true. Jap youth will throw shit around when they’re partying and there are cases where they destroyed cars but Singaporeans don’t party at all.
>>
>>1601553
>buys chewing gum
>gets fined $300
>smokes indoors
>gets caned 20 times
>throws a piece of plastic on ground
>gets put in singapore prison for 6 months
>>
>>1601234
>Is buying a motorcycle in Hanoi and driving all the way to HCMC a meme?
No, it's just poor English. You ride motorcycles, not drive them.
It's also not a last minute thing, you base a trip around it. Plenty of people do it though, even in this thread.

>>1601237
>I'd do the same
I just hire whores in the first place, it saves any problems with them being mistaken for whores.

>>1601627
>Is it easy to cross over the border into Laos?
Fairly easy, there are buses from Hanoi and you can take boats up the Mekong from South Vietnam to Vientiane but not in the dry season because the river gets too low.

>>1601644
>buys chewing gum
Nah, you can't even do that without knowing some blackmarket dealer. You can also bring your own in legally, you'd only get in trouble for throwing it on the ground or sticking it somewhere.
So basically, don't do all that shit, you wouldn't do it at home would you? Don't do it in Singapore either.
There legitimate complaints about Singapore but I'm not sure that them insisting on civilised behaviour and fining barbarism is really what you want to focus on.
>>
>>1601234
Just don't get a rickety pieceashit 110 cc like most backpackers drive and try to embark on an odyssey like that. The roads are terrible and the distances are long; you'll want to invest in power and comfort somewhat.
>>
>>1601627
I loved Laos, but the touristy part (Luang Prabang) was very touristy.
>>
>>1601553
Lmao this
>>
>>1601134
>Maybe some nice reds if you live somewhere like Napa.

Her family owns a winery in the napa valley area. I dont think ill be bringing them wine :| I heard pigs are a big thing? Should I arrange for a full hog to arrive when i get there and we can feast? Or just gold?

Also, am I just guaranteed to get diarrhea at least once? I'm really not looking forward to that.
>>
File: Back in nam.jpg (327 KB, 729x1529)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>1600658
No one cares here, they won't bother you. Only if your tall will they look at you and gibber loudly to each other.

And only if you make the first move will you accidentally trip knee deep in pussy (in the North) In Saigon, you might have them making the first move as the girls are more westernized.

>>1602063
Bring fruit. You don't need to try too hard. My ex was from a rich family and fruit was good enough.

Also depends how weak you are, I've only had the shits from eating bad kimichi once or twice in the 2 years I've lived here.
>>
>>1602089
would
>>
File: del.jpg (24 KB, 480x480)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>1602063
>diarrhea
Drink one of these magic little guys after each sketchy meal.
>>
>>1601056
>tfw fucked the cute Viet hostel worker last night
tell us more
>>
>>1601056
those are the best desu. already at your hostel, know English, cute AF and often overlooked. well done Anon.
>>
>>1602089
You've been posting this girl for a long time now, I hope you too are doing well. Have you met the family yet?
>>
>>1602231
>>1602265
Got to the hostel and she immediately started complimenting me and saying how handsome I was, etc etc. I was a bit naive and thought that was actually legit, but talking to a group of guys I met they said she says that to all guys hah. Either way that made me ask her if she wanted to drink with me later (free beer at that hostel) and she said yeah. Once she was done working at like 10 we had a beer in the lobby. Shit was a bit weird though because her colleague came up and asked if I had any friends that would marry her/put a baby in her. The girl I was talking to kept saying she didn't want that though so whatever.

Because of her attitude of flirting with guys from before I thought she'd be super slutty, but apparently she had only done it with 2 dudes before me, so she was real conservative in bed. I also convinced her to not let me use a condom but she was worried the entire time and kept asking if I had any STDs(I don't) and if there was a pregnancy scare I'd come back for her. Overall it was pretty cash
>>
>>1602721
Oh also I stayed there 2 nights so it happened again the second night. Good stuff
>>
>>1602418
Thanks anon, I'm surviving. I was with that girl for just over 2 years, she's why I came Vietnam. Met her family and everything. Still hard to forget her even though I've moved on. Have you come Vietnam yet?
>>
>>1602721
I hope she got pregnant and you abandoned her.
>>
I'm going in July to Hanoi and I'll probably visit Ninh Binh

I'm nervous, I'm a pussy desu. This will be my first time out of the country, and only my second time on a plane. And I'm going alone
>>
>>1602721
is she cute enough to wife? Viet women take care of their man and age well.
>>
>>1602846
At this point yeah I'd say so, but compared to other asians I've been getting the vibe that Vietnamese chicks age the worst.
>>
>>1602863
ask to meet her mom and then you'll know for sure. Bring fruit when you do.
>>
>>1602770
Where are you from?
>>
>>1602770
You'll be fine anon. just fake confidence until you have it. you'll realize that people are all just people, no need to be nervous.
>>
>>1603036
California
>>1603051
Yeah true, thankfully my excitement is bigger than my nervousness
>>
>>1602770
I know that feel, anon. I never even left the east coast of the USA before and haven't been on a plane since I was 5, but I'll have to fly 8,000 miles away alone soon enough. We're all gonna make it.
>>
check out harald baldr's videos
>>
>>1603132
VIETNAM NUMBAH ONE
>>
Looking at the visa requirements for Vietnam and it says bring 2 passport sized photos? What do they mean? Does my passport photo count as one of them?
I'm printing them out or something? All it says is
>You will also need to prepare and bring at least two (4cm x 6cm) passport photos.
>>
>>1603165
Happy preparation my dude. Never easy to get a visa for Vietnam without having going into a bit of trouble. If they’re in a good mood then god bless. If not? You’ll just pray for yourself
>>
>>1603165
you aren't white are you
>>
>>1603178
I am white
I think I was looking at the wrong thing or something though. I guess I can do an e-visa and it seems simpler
>>
I wanna fuck girls. Should I go to Vietnam or Thailand? I've been to Thailand before and kinda getting bored of it. But I don't want to go through any hassle of taking girls back to my hotel room. I've seen youtube videos of vietnamese bargirls and massage girls and they look cute as fuck, especially if they're in their traditional vietnamese outfits. What should I do?
>>
>>1603216
Obviously go to Vietnam and enjoy life man. I went and I loved everything about it. The girls there are far superior to thaimonkeys untermensch. Wife tier and fun for many nights of fun tier too. The only drawback is their language sounding like funny Cantonese.
>>
>>1603216
>vietnamese bargirls
A lot of those, most of them really, are only there to sweet talk you into buying beer, they're not sex workers.
Vietnam doesn't do blatant prostitution like Thailand, it's all inside "barber shops" and stuff and kept out of sight. There are streetwalkers in some places but even then you'd need to know where.
>>
>>1603165
Don't be like me. I fucked up. I checked websites and they said I should get the visa online before going, but if I didn't it wasn't a problem it was just an extra $15 at the visa checkpoint. I believed it cause that's how it was in Laos too, and there it wasn't a big deal at all. Didn't want to deal with the hassle of getting it online cause I was studying for finals when I got my tickets.

Well I completely forget about the whole visa thing until I land in the country, and when the guy asks where my visa was and I told him the story, I knew I fucked up from the look he gave me. Ended up waiting an extra hour and paid $160 for the visa instead of the usual $25. Really was a shitty way to start my trip. Also because of the delay my bag wasn't on the carousel when I got to it, and they thought they lost it until someone found it on the other side of the airport (nothing missing) but that added an additional 30 minutes.
>>
shot 15 gooks and got my leg amputated
>>
>>1603283
Jesus, that sucks.
I just checked the Department of State website and they say an online visa is a viable way and also give a link on where to get it
>>
>>1603219
Aren't they too conservative, as other people ITT say?
>>
>>1603345
Most likely the people saying they are too conservative to fuck are either ricels from /r/aznidentity or people who just didn't speak to girls and expected them to do all the work. The ricels spam the China generals with the similar crap about how Chinese girls no longer like white guys (kek).
>>
>>1603345
They are more conservative than other SEA women so you need to talk to them more. It's not like Philippines where they will throw themselves at anything lighter than a cardboard box.
>>
>>1603287
lieutenant dan?
>>
>>1603287
I love dropping hot sticky loads on their big supple Viet chests like napalm in a 1960s jungle.
>>
>>1603498
Based and 'Nam pilled. I look forward to doing the same. Vietnamese girls have very nice tit genetics. >>1603498
>>
>>1603498
The agent orange made then grow big.
>>
>>1603278

That's what I feared. So there isn't a popular area/street known for bargirls/freelancers with close enough accommodation that knows the deal? I don't want to get into any trouble and I don't want to go through any hassle of getting a girl. I also don't want to hit a massage parlour just to get a hj or bj, and I don't particularly like approaching freelancers off the street. Guess I'll go back to Thailand then.
>>
>>1603444
>>1603479
Well I thought that "conservative" means "not having sex outside a long-term relationship with a marriage prospect". Of course someone who's in Vietnam only for a few weeks can't have such relationship.
>>
>>1603786
You will certainly get your fill of women if you speak to them.
>>
>>1602730
Fuck that sucks, you'll find another qt here. Yeah I've been in vn for 2.5 years, life is comfy i could never go back to the west.
>>
>>1603730
Google kynu and message girls of that website, half of them can type english
>>
>>1602721
>apparently she had only done it with 2 dudes before me
Lmao
>>
>>1603836
could be true..... could be
>>
>>1602863
don't be an idiot. stick with her
>>
>>1603120
>We're all gonna make it.
Yeah, we're all gonna make it 6 feet under some day.
>>
>>1603536
>Vietnamese girls have very nice tit genetics
Gonna need to do some research
>>
>>1603891
It's truly amazing. Something every white man should experience.
>>
>>1599019
>near constant Vietnam threads now
>more popular youtubers "discovering" Vietnam

Welp, it was fun while it lasted. See you all in Burma or Kuala Lumpur in 15 years.
>>
>>1603902
You can get flat chested asians anywhere. Viets aren't anything special.

>>1603907
>Kuala Lumpur
I thought KL is already more popular than Vietnamese cities?
>Burna
meh
>>
>>1603907
Vietnam has been popular for the past 10 years retard, if not longer
You're not special and never were
>>
>>1604046
>past 10 years
More like 30 years.
I was there 20 years ago on a university trip and there were enough backpackers for me to see a couple around turtle lake and then randomly bump into one of the same ones randomly on the beach front in Nha Trang.

So foreigners were reasonably common back in '97 and some of the people I travelled with had been coming to Vietnam for 10 years or so.
>>
>>1603345
They're "conservative" by non-Muslim SEAfag standards which is already super low.
>>
>>1603940
If anons want big titty Asians then they should just go to Mongolia.
>>
>>1604183
mommy milky
>>
>>1604181
According to >>1599477 they're harder than Japs and even South Koreans (which are not easy at all).
>>
>>1604294
kek. Koreans, Japanese, and Vietnamese are fucking easy you disillusionment poster. You faggots come to every Asia thread and post the same shit. go back to /r/aznidentity and seethe.
>>
>>1604305
I'm not a ricecel, I'm from an exUSSR country where all more or less quality girls demand you to be a long-term boyfriend and treat them like princesses. According to the people who have been to SK, local girls demand the same from local guys (no idea about foreigners). If Viets are the same, they simply aren't worth the trouble.
>>
File: D7qoTzrWsAAnelW.jpg (63 KB, 750x1364)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>1604380
>all more or less quality girls demand you to be a long-term boyfriend

Do you want sympathy because some cultures still raise their women to not be cum dumpsters who you can pump and dump for the cost of a few drinks at a seedy bar?

Fucking hell. As an American, I swore off white women in my mid 20s because theyre just not worth it. Theyll be easily 10-20 guys deep before they decide to settle down (which by then will be their early 30s). Why would I want that?
Dating my vietnamese gf has been incredible and she expects a lot of me but thats a good thing. And i'm not talking about opening my wallet every time we go to the Michael Kors store.
She expects me to not be a fucking lazy fat american who is more interested in online gaming and bing drinking than having long term goals for myself and actively working towards them.
>>
Multiple people stopped me in the street to tell me that I was handsome.
I found it kind of odd because I'm an incel and female in my country don't seem to be interested by me
>>
>>1604644
>using the name Jeff and not Daquinnel

I agree with everything in your post.
>>
>>1599073
MOT HAI BA YOO
>>
>>1604855
Happened to me in Korea too - I asked a Korean friend and she said to me outright that its because I'm white.
You probably have average looks anon - most people do, its what average means.
>>
What is the weather line in HCMC in the evening in December.
Will I be sweating my balls off in chinos when I go to a bar?
>>
Help me lads. I'm in Sapa city right now at night. What do I do? I already went to the Love Market but that was meh.
>>
>>1605372
>I'm in Sapa city right now at night. What do I do?
There isn't very much to do there at night.
Wander the streets for a bit, see if some Hmong qt finds you, probably not though. They try to find a temporary bf during the day.
There are a few bars I guess. I remember seeing one that advertised music nights or something but I already had plans.
>>
>>1605309
>Will I be sweating my balls off in chinos when I go to a bar?
Maybe. December is about the coolest time but that's not saying much. Depends on weather you're a fatty or not. A fit person probably wouldn't sweat too much.
>>
>>1604183
>Mongolia
Shame about their faces. Mongolian women are hideous
>>
>>1599019
I could hear the flying cockroach
>>
>>1599478
Based post
>>
>>1605474
Yeah you were right. The night was kinda a bust which was fine. The only Hmong girls I saw had babies or hmong bfs. Really glad I didn't give up a trekking day to see the city for 2 nights like I originally wanted to.
>>
>>1605805
It might not be true anymore but Sapa used to be a low-key sex tourism destination, Hmong girls would pick up a viet/foreign bf and be a temporary (paid) gf for a few days.
Maybe it's been cleaned up or something.
>>
>>1605812
Sounds p nice, they look real cute in their Hmong clothes.
>>
anyone been to Hanoi recently? How it's holding up? Did they install CCTV cameras yet? Did they get rid off motorbikes and sellers of sidewalks or did they give up?
>>
Any reason why I got a 3 am knock on my door by 4 green police? I don't know what I might have done wrong. :(
>>
how does vietnam compare to
>thailand
>burma
>malaysia
>indonesia
>brunei
>cambodia
>laos
>philippines
>>
>>1599547
She's running game, obviously. All women essentially are.
>>
>>1606280
Better than
>Burma
>Indonesia
>Brunei
>Laos
Not as good as
>Thailand
>Malaysia
>Cambodia
>Philippines

And in case you're curious, the bottom of the list belongs to Bangladesh
>>
>>1606065
>Did they get rid off motorbikes and sellers of sidewalks or did they give up?
Maybe, one day, they might move the streetfood carts away but you're imagining they'll b& motorbikes? Have you no comprehension of Vietnamese society?

>>1606087
>Any reason why I got a 3 am knock on my door by 4 green police?
They thought you'd have whores there and wanted to extort a bribe?
>>
>>1601234
I did this with my 2 best friends 5 years ago and it was one of the most memorial moments of my life. We bought 100 cc Honda Wynns and did a 20 day trip from HCMC to Hanoi. 10/10 would recommend.
>>
>>1602770
Oh boy. You'll be fine mate. Hanoi can be intense the first days, so just remember that it will get better. Check out Trang An in Ninh Binh, and stay at hostels and chat with people.
>>
>>1606364
Bangladesh isn't SEA
>>
90% of the time I am glad that I travel by myself, I like it way more this way, but being in the old town market in Hoi An tonight really made me wish my gf or friends were with me. What a nice area.
>>
>>1600483
sorry for your loss anon
>>
>>1599019
Lost an arm and a leg. Watched my buddy Charlie get his head blown off right before my eyes. Charlie! CHARLIE! Noooo!
>>
OP here. Just left Vietnam. What a great country, gonna miss it.
>>
>>1607631
So, tell us about your experiences in Vietnam.
>>
>>1599521

It’s more accurate to say that the “indigenous Thais” were conquered by a Thai speaking elite

Just as England is ethnically 80% British despite speaking a Germanic language

Stories of mass population movements are fairytales... at the very least, the womenfolk don’t follow the journey
>>
If I'm flying in to Hanoi and staying in Ninh Binh the first night, what's the best way to get there?
>>
>>1608223
I took a train. It wasn’t too bad.
>>
>>1608223
>>1608224
If you go by train, there should be bus from Noi Bai to Hanoi train station, much cheaper than taxi.
Don't you plan to spend a day in Hanoi at least though?
>>
>>1608252
Yeah, day or two in Ninh Binh and then 3 or 4 days in Hanoi.
I just want to go to Ninh Binh first because I'm flying out of Hanoi, so it makes more sense to go to Ninh Binh first
>>
>>1608252
Also, because I'm too excited about VN myself, I did some checking. Minibus from Hanoi ~130k VND/seat, train on some booking site vietnam railway 200k-300k VND/seat, prices on official Vietnamese Railways websitesite <111k VND.
If you buy the ticket on train station without booking it online you should get the good prices as well.
>>
>>1608258
Makes sense. As far as tourist places go, obv. Ho Guom, Temple of Literature, Chua Mot Cot. You can check out HCM Mausoleum, (but I havent been inside myself unfortunately). Dong Xuan market isn't that interesting but its pretty close to Guom. I recommend Cafe Cong as goto coffeshop line. Aeon Mall if you can't afford to fly to japan or miss western style shoping malls.
>>
What's the most popular tourist city in Vietnam?
>>
>>1599199
1 - 0
>>
>>1599199
>difference between Northern and Southern Vietnamese people
Not a lot, the north has conquered the south twice.
Once recently of course but the southern population mostly sympathised with the north which is why the south was a dictatorship that had to rig the referendum on unification.
The southerns that didn't like the north fled to the west decades ago, though some are returning as they reach retirement age.

The first conquest was about 1600 or so when the northern Nguyen dynasty conquered the southern Cham federation/empire (actually this was a bunch of wars over a millenia and a half but whatever) and more or less genocided them, though a few thousand still remain today scattered about the place. Obviously wives were taken and southerners are much darker as a result but the culture was wiped out and there's little difference between north and south now except for accent. There are significant linguistic differences but it's just accent, a few phonemes and tones are pronounced very differently is all and you'll learn both if you study the language (e.g. dz vs y sounds).
>>
>>1608260
Cool, thanks! Looks like I'll take the bus from the airport to the train station and buy a ticket there
>>1608265
Thanks for the recs
>>
>>1603875
Yeah and I could be Tom Brady.
>>
>>1608558
No problem. Remember to post how it went ITT/another VN general. I love reading about this stuff while I wait for my trip.
>>
>>1607826
Whoops closed the thread so late reply. Hanoi was pretty fun because of how chaotic it was just trying to cross the street or do anything, but I'm glad I left when I did, any more than the 3 days I spent there would've been too much. It was also super fucking hazy/polluted, and I'd go deaf if I lived there for any long amount of time.

Halong bay was absolutely beautiful, and I did the hike at the mountain there and that was amazing too, but I got heatstroke and had a fever for a few days cause of it, so I didn't get to enjoy Ninh Binh as much as I couldve because of it. Also Halong bay was where I fucked the cute hostel worker.

Sapa was insanely beautiful, with picturesque hikes through all the ricefields. I am the anon that was saying that there wasn't much to do in the town at night, so I'm glad I only stayed in the actual city for 1 night and did 2 nights in the mountains at a rice farmer's house.

Hoi An had by far the best food in Vietnam, and I'm real sad I only had 2 nights there. The beach was great there and I met a korean milf that I fucked. The old town market, while beautiful, was the one time I felt weird traveling by myself and I wished that my friends were with me or something cause it was very couples/friends oriented. Also it was the most expensive place in Vietnam.
>>
>>1604855
based. should've tried to fuck them if they were of the correct age and gender
>>
My second night in HCMC I took 2 beautiful German girls home with me. Basically after a night of boozing I convinced them to sleep in my nice airbnb rather than their shitty $6/night hostel right next to a bar that played music til 4AM.

Didn't get to fuck them, touch them, or romance them at all, but I made toast, eggs and tea for them the next morning and they both ate it wearing only panties and a tanktop. Shit was cash.
>>
>>1610208
>Hoi An had by far the best food in Vietnam
I thought so too actually and I've been all over Vietnam. They're kind of for tourists but they have unique dishes and it's high quality. I mean, for things you eat on plastic stools on concrete.
I love the pancake/lettuce thing you get near the BaLe well.

>I met a korean milf
Haha, so did I, weird.
>>
>>1599019
Charlie was everywhere, they set traps and ambushes.
The skin on my feet got infected.
>>
>>1599072
WHO has reported a sharp uptick in not only STD infections, but the types of infections recently.

Did more frequent travel play a role in this?
>>
>>1610337
Lmao are you baiting? What a fucking fag youre are
>>
>>1610593
>he did scramble their eggs
Sunny side up is the true mark of faggotry.
>>
>>1610337
You sound like a faggot. One of them would've fucked you.
>>
>>1610208
>heatstroke
IKTF bro.
Did you buy the tour to Halong bay/Ninh Binh/Sapa in Hanoi or just went there on your own?
>>
>>1610669
I was actually just taking the a one way bus from hanoi to halong bay and was gonna tour on my own, but the bus tour guide convinced me to just get the tour while we were riding up. Everyone else went back to Hanoi at the end of the tour but I just stayed in Halong bay for a few more days and did my own thing
>>
Should I get an Airbnb or a hostel?
>>
>>1611627
Book a hostel theough airbnb
>>
>>1608156
The "indigenous Thais" were not Thai at all but it's interesting how the Kra-Dai that moved into Vietnam never replaced the Austroasiatic language already spoken there.
>>
>>1601553
This, have you ever visited a store in Japan?

It's a fight not to go away with 30 fucking plastic bags.
>>
>>1613770
True, the Japanese generate huge amounts of waste. Look at how many disposable chopsticks they go through and how much plastic they use in a day. They have a lot of outdated and backwards practises in the workforce too. They don’t really “work hard”, just unproductively and inefficiently.
>>
Aiming to go to Vietnam and Cambodia later this year.
I've heard that US dollars are commonly used - I'm not American, I'm Australian - do I need to get $US before going?
>>
>>1613822
Get dong.
>>
>>1613845
L-lewd
>>
>>1599037
5 dorrar girlfriend Vietnam. She rove you rong time and she so hornry!
>>
>>1613822
>I'm not American, I'm Australian - do I need to get $US before going?
No joke, if you're travelling anywhere in Asia, maybe anywhere in general, a few $100s stashed for emergencies can be a life saver.
You can change USD basically anywhere, even tiny banks in the sticks. You can often spend them anywhere too.
Dong will work anywhere in Vietnam but 90% of the time, so will USD and they'll often give you a discount for using USD, or at least a favourable rate, especially for taking your change in Dong.
I always slip a few USD c-notes into a book, my passport, a few rolled up ones in weird spots like inside my pack straps and stuff. My pack has a pad attached by velcro at the base of the spine, I keep a folded c-note in the middle of that velcro. Not the sort of place a thief would look and if they took everything else, that would still be enough to get me to a consulate or something (not that Australian consulates will lift a finger to help you but still).

>>1599072
>because of the conservatism they don’t know how to practise safe sex
This. It's not really a selling-daughters culture but there's people living away from home for work and both sides might cheat. There's widespread ignorance of STDs and sexual health in general, the sex industry is low-key but it's around too. Not as prevalent as Thailand though.
>>
>>1606517
How much did the bikes cost?
>>
>>1614055
Youre going to pay 500% if you use USD. Just exchange to VND.
Conservatism isn't to blame for STDs, sluts and whores are. So just stick to your one and only conservative wife and you're golden.
>>
>>1614106
But I do agree about stashing USD for emergency. Just be careful because Viets dont want to exchange old or damaged (even crumbled too much) USD
>>
How easy is it to meet people if you don't stay in a hostel?
>>
>>1614165
The major cities are so densely populated that youre going to meet people wdther you like it or not.
>>
>>1608609
In case you are 18-1 motherfucker.
>>
>>1613822
Dongs are better.
>>
I spent 2 weeks there, first week traveling with family and with a friend that live there then spent a week in Bui Vien partying. First half was awesome and the second part kinda shit. I'll tell more if anyone's interested.
>>
"It ain't me" was playing constantly.
>>
>>1615330
Where did you travel? Is friend a Viet or expat?
>>
>>1615622
HCMC 2 nights - Dalat 4 nights - Nha trang for train to Da Nang - Hoi an 3 nights. Then caught a plane back to HCMC and saw the family off and spent the next 6 nights in Bui Vien. The friend is an Aussie expat that's been living there for 3 years. I've got some stories you're interested
>>
>>1615985
of course I am.
>>
>>1615996
>>1615996
So we got on the train in Nha trang to head to da Nang and it's an 11 hour trip so head to the dining carriage for a beer. Have a couple then I get a tap on my shoulder from an old Viet guy sitting behind me and he's got a shot of what I learned later was rice whiskey.
>>
>>1616029
He doesn't say anything just points at it so I take it say cheers and down it. He seemed pretty happy and goes back to drinking with mates. 15 minutes later same thing and then again 15 after that. Im smashing down tigers the whole time as well. I go out for a smoke between carages and whem I come back they wave me over to their seats and give another shot and some food.
>>
>>1616031
So im just sitting there hanging out while we try and communicate. I don't speak any Viet and none of them had good English but it was awesome. 7+ hours of drinking and food and they wouldn't let me pay for anything. I thought I was safe with the shots because they only had a small water bottle filled with the whiskey which they said was Vietnamese vodka. We finished off the first one after afew hours then one of the goes off and get another one
>>
>>1613822
When in Vietnam bring lots of Dong, but Cambodians do prefer USD so get some proper currency. Getting Cambodian money might be more trouble than it is worth anyway, my bank said they would need weeks to arrange the transfer and contact me when the bills arrived at my branch.
>>
>>1616034
At one point one of the called his I think girlfriend who I spoke to for a bit, she said that he usually calls her when he's drunk to complain about shit which i thought was hilarious. Had a few times that when we passed certain spots they'd tell me about the battles that happened there. I ended up 3 sheets to the wind stumbling back to my family that's hadn't seen me the whole time. I've got about a 2 hour gap from when I sat back with them and when we got off the train. Probably the best part of the whole trip.
Ive got more if you want.
>>
>>1616038
Nice, I had similiar but not as cool experience.
I've been living in Hanoi for a year, and usually going by foot the same way to the supermarket every other day. On my way there was small family sitting and selling some food/tea/whatever. After few months me passing them and nodding hello, they've invited me to drink some vodka and eat some meat with them. It was big crossing, near rush hour, so policeman was nearby and had a laugh at me for drinking with some poor peasants.
All stories welcome here.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.