[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>>
Nothing, since I don't know what it is.
>>
File: secooces.jpg (23 KB, 114x148)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>1594881
Second.
>>
>>1594881
Also this.
Bad speller though.
>>
File: 543524365.png (799 KB, 1275x721)
799 KB
799 KB PNG
>>1594881
This
>>
>>1594785
So do I understand this? You tell them where you want to go, what sorts of things you want to see and do, and they design a trip, you get the details the day you start to travel?

I guess that might be fun, but you'd need to trust them a lot.

Me, I'd rather plan my own trip.
>>
>>1594895
>You tell them where you want to go, what sorts of things you want to see and do, and they design a trip
So it's just a travel agency
>>
>>1594895
I like Nebraska's new travel slogan
>>
>>1594881
>>1594891
>>1594893
>>1594894
>>1594895
>>1594920
Basically you go through a small "quiz" when creating your plan. Where you have been so far, where you don't want to go, region preference,what is your budget?hotel,bnb etc Also if you travel for adventure(ex hiking canyoning,outdoors ,nature oriented) or Experience (ex walk the city, eat with the locals).
According to your profile they plan the trip for you without you knowing your destination. 3 days or so after your request you receive an email with some details like what you should pack, how the weather will be like and what time to be at the airport.. One week before your selected dates you receive a folder containing your tickets some local currency and a small guidebook. You can open it that moment or wait (mostly preferred) until you are at the airport. (the small guidebook contains some must see attractions at your destinations etc and some "missions")
Seems fun.
>>
>>1595067
Sounds like it'll be really popular for about 6 months, then it'll wind up on some buzzfeed list of dead millennial start-ups.
>>
>>1595076
It was founded in 2017 but seems like nobody knows about it,never got popular.
>>
>>1595083
Probably because it's not a very good idea.
>>
>>1595098
this.

what a fucking dumb idea. The first part is just basically the service of a travel agent -being able to choose where you want to go. I guess it falls into the dumb recent vein of mystery boxes and all that shit but I'd rather have the choice of places than being forced to go somewhere I might not be interested in

>t. Millennial
>>
>>1594920
>>1595067
>>1595135

It’s a fucking travel agency. It becomes complete obsolete the moment you find the self motivation to do your own research via google, /trv/, etc.

If you’re into the surprise aspect, just go on sky scanner and select “fly to anywhere button”
>>
>>1595067
I know a couple of girls that did this (different company, I think) and ended up on a weekend trip to Chicago. They liked it, but it's not really something /trv/ would be in to.
>>
>>1594785
I like the idea behind it. Yes it's basically "just" a travel agency and you can do it yourself (much) cheaper and it is a service for people that are creatively bankrupt. On the other hand it does open those people up for new ideas and activities.
A case in point: one of my friends would never consider going hiking for a holiday and would likely just hang out in his hotel room and the city connected to it. Getting him to take that first step out of his comfort zone opened up a range of new things for him in future holidays.

As for me... it's likely a wasteful and useless service alive when it comes to travel.
>>
>>1595362
The people that buy vacation packages do so because they don't want any guesswork or surprises in their travel plans. The people that want to travel spontaneously would rather make their own plans than have someone do it for them. This service just doesn't have a customer base.
>>
>>1595597
That's probably right. I can see a small niche market for people who might be into the "throw a dart at a map" sort of feeling, but want to feel like SOMEBODY is looking into what they're getting themselves into. The "surprise" aspect would be fun.

A friend of mine who traveled all the damn time on business and had miles out the ass did a Birthday Trip with his wife every year, using the miles. He'd basically do what the company does -- pick something of the sort of thing she likes, but not tell her any more than what sort of stuff to pack until they got to the airport. It was a fun game, and she enjoyed the surprise.

This would be a way to do that without having to marry my friend.
>>
>>1595597
I read ~90% of their clientele is Asian. Being based out of Singapore I'm guessing a lot of chinese who regularly used guided tours in the past (with their parents) and are now interested in doing something "different", but either can't be arsed or are too clueless to do some own research.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.