[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: image0-404.jpg (93 KB, 749x743)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
Thinking of moving out of Canada into the U.S but the only problem is no money.

thoughts?
>>
>>1573022
Also I’m gay, so any tips on where to go would be great.
>>
>>1573022
Why on earth would you move from Canada to the US
>>
>>1573058
Warmer, more money. If you're young it's great. Good healthcare pretty much doesn't matter till you're either married with kids or old.
>>
>>1573022
Right now my thoughts are that OP is a faggot for turning his poorly-formed notion into a thread.
>>
Fuck off we’re full
>>
>>1573248
/thread
>>
>>1573136
LOL
>>
>>1573136
good god man just go to Australia or New Zealand or something if you're after warmer weather, what's wrong with you

America is fucking crazy and everything is dirty
>>
>>1573136
>>1573407
Vast majority of people in America have far better healthcare than anyone else in the world. It's just not a birthright and you have to fill out paperwork to get it.

Seriously, when you hear people bitch about healthcare it has to do with the fact that a black or brown persone would not fill out one page of paperwork or refused to pay 10 bucks a month.
>>
>>1574171
>Vast majority of people in America have far better healthcare than anyone else in the world

Imagine believing this. Paying more for something doesn't always mean you get a better product.
>>
>>1574171
>t. americuck
>>
>>1574171
>Vast majority of people in America have far better healthcare than anyone else in the world.

Hilarious. The average American life expectancy has just declined for the third consecutive year. A development that has only ever happened in literal war zones or those South African countries under the AIDS epidemic.
>>
>>1573022
what skills do you possess?
>>
Fuck off, we're full.
>>
>>1573022

Save up.
>>
>>1573022
I don't know your skill set or interests but I've travelled around and priced houses in different places so I'm just gonna throw random stuff out there

Oregon is cheap, chill, and has dank weed. No sales tax either. Some great coastline too that isn't overpriced like in California. Big craft brewing and affordable wine country (cooler climate means they specialize in German, Spanish, and Portuguese whites) and burgeoning artisanal cheese business

Connecticut has super cheap housing and is about an hour and a half from NYC or Boston. High average pay for teachers too if you want an easy degree/job with salary and health care here

South Carolina has affordable up and coming communities and beautiful warm beaches.

St. Louis has a really neat downtown area and in general I enjoy the scenery of the great plains, rolling green hills and little creeks everywhere.

Colorado is neat if you're in to micro brewing or beer in general Denver is a Mecca.

Wyoming has no one and nothing.

Nevada is like Wyoming with Las Vegas and sporadic truck stop towns with gambling, strippers, and whores. Bleak place.

Utah has some gorgeous scenery and Salt Lake is a up and coming affordable tech city of you can get over the fact that it's almost a de facto Mormon theocracy.

Delaware was ok I guess but it is a tax haven so there's that. Weird mix of ghetto and classic colonial and turn of the century neighborhoods (Newark) great shellfish though and you're like 2 hours from Philly, Baltimore, or DC.

DC is chill to visit but its not cheap to live in and has some serious slums. Same with Philly. Rural Pennsylvania is really pretty though

I've never been to Texas personally but I know several people who lived there. Just know that Texas is so big you can find any kind of lifestyle or scenery and rule of thumb is housing is cheap but property taxes a bitch and a half.
>>
>>1574496
Cont.
Arizona is desert with Phoenix. New Mexico is desert without Phoenix. Both have some striking natural wonders and aren't too expensive.

Washington is cool but its pretty much just southern Canada or northern Oregon if you're in the south and then you'd probably end up going to Portland to do stuff anyways.

So yeah. I live in California. It isn't cheap. Cheapest housing is in Merced CA a small city about halfway between the coast and Yosemite. Modest houses run you 225k. LA is trash I hate it but obviously that's just an opinion. I like the bay area but LOL money. If you like small mountain fishing towns the North Coast has a few of those and is known as the "emerald triangle" for the amount of weed they grow so you could always be a trim bitch. Just gotta protect yourself sketchy people in that business there. Sacramento is kinda neat. I like it. Its low key and has a revamped down town/mid town area and one of the more affordable California cities. You're 2 hours from SF and 2 hours from Lake Tahoe.
>>
>>1574198
If you got a stable job getting good insurance either from your work or manually isn't that hard. Here in Canada a lot if stuff still has to be paid out of pocket that healthcare doesn't cover ans when I worked in the states getting a decent one wasn't that hard.
>>
>>1573041
>Also I’m gay
Ladies, Gentlemen, In-betweeners, could I have your attention, please?
We have a gay person here.
Let's pause for a minute, then roll out the red carpet... yeah... you see what I'm getting at? This is even worse than "btw, I'm a girl, tee-hee :3"

Look pal/palette/palx: no-one gives a shit. Say it with me: no-one, not one single person gives a specimen of fecal matter about your sexual preferences, gender, or lack thereof, you special (You), you.
>>
>>1573041
Afghanistan is very welcoming and tolerant of gays. They have a whole subculture built around "tea boys" and "man love Thursdays".
>>
>>1574233
Because the blacks in this country are living in warzones. Ignore them and it's going up
>>
>>1574552
I care if he's gay. So I can... properly welcome him :)
>>
>>1574171
Do some research you pathetic fucking numbskull
>>
>>1573136
>Good healthcare pretty much doesn't matter till you're either married with kids or old
That's what people who don't have to pay an imperial fuckton for healthcare think
>>
>>1576587
Why would you pay an Imperial fuckton for healthcare?
You can literally get insurance for like 50 dollars a month, its even less if you get it via a good employer
>>
>>1576463
thai/chai, never heard tea boys once, and im literally there right now for work, and have been.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.