[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1549177496538.jpg (619 KB, 1774x1330)
619 KB
619 KB JPG
So you're sitting in your room. You're in a foreign country and you don't speak the language. There's bars nearby. What do you do?
>>
>>1539925
Check on Google maps to see what the nearest sights are and decide if I want to go any or not.
>>
Watch youtube in bed all day
>>
Ok what about at night
>>
>>1539939
Check to see if there are any eating spots nearby worth checking out
>>
Hard mode: no alcohol at all
>>
>>1539961
Go to a bar, order some food and a soda, chat with people
>>
>you don't speak the language
i google how to say yes, no and thank you
>>
Well, for starters, not be autistic and post on 4chan.

I'd fire up tinder and find something nice warm and wet to sink my cock into balls deep.
>>
>>1539961
why talk about a bar then? Also depends on the country
>>
>>1539925
depending on my mood:

A) pick up my skateboard and start hunting for spots

B: find the closest fighting gym and hope its a good one. learn the word for thank you and be ready to nod a lot a lot.

C: find a good place to people watch go there with my book and a coffee.
>>
>>1540056
wtf we have the exact same interests

I love skating abroad and I always go to BJJ gyms whenever I go. It's such a good way to meet new people
>>
>>1539925
Watch the local TV, I might pick up a few words or learn a bit about the local culture by observing it.

Maybe book a trip to some cool local sites with the concierge at the front desk.

I dont drink or go to bars back home so I'm not doing it abroad either
>>
>>1540056
>travel the world
>go to gyms and fight the locals
Ryu?
>>
File: travel kite.jpg (30 KB, 695x536)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>1539925
Grab my go-to conversation starter and go out and poke around.
>>
>>1540107
Based kitebro
>>
>>1540096
i think we have crossed paths on here before. we should be irl friends. where are you based out of? are you ever on slap?
>>
are you autistic? Drink until you can speak the language.
>>
>>1539925
Question why the fuck I didn't plan anything to do for that day. Seriously, I don't travel unless I have at least a few things planned for each day.

>>1539939
>>1539961
This sounds like some ultra niche shit problem, anon. Can't really tell you how to do something as vauge as this
>>
Search for places that speak English. There’s always someone
>>
Hard mode wasn't me. I was too tired to hit the bar. Was more just curious what everyone would do
>>
Body language goes far

But honestly it’s quite foolish to go to a country that speaks a different language without studying any expressions at all prior to the trip.

Don’t you want to talk to the locals and get some culture in ya?
>>
>>1540346
Agree with this. I'm in Taiwan and have resting bitch face, so I have to constantly try not to look pissed off. Even though I'm happy 95% of the time.
Saying that, I'm with my girlfriend and aren't interested in hookups. But it'd be great to be able to just discuss things with people who aren't just staring because she's dating a white person.
>>
>>1539934
>Almost my 25th birthday
>working shitty factory job
>only had one girlfriend who cucked me in the end
>never left my city before
>decide im going to go somewhere cool and do lots of drugs and hookers
>go to phnom penh
>get ripped off for drugs that was just some flour or something similar
>can't find any hookers
>watch youtube in bed for a month
>come home and tell everyone I had lots of fun
>>
>>1540390
Going there in a couple of months, how often do you encounter people that speak English?
>>
>>1540729
this sounds like the dumbest hissy fit shit possible
>>
>>1540732
I don't, really.
A few people at Starbucks speak a little. Can't ask for stuff like "can it be warm, please?". The occasional tourist attraction.
Found a bar last night where the dude spoke fluent English, holy fuck was I surprised.
>>
File: travlion kite.jpg (15 KB, 462x367)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>1540118
Still lingering about
>>
>>1540729
I was just joking dude, that's fucking depressing
>>
>>1539992
This. Bar food is different from regular food, so long as you're not in Canada.
>>
>>1539925
Go for a walk

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.