[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: logo.png (10 KB, 200x200)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
Anyone flown with Ryan Air recently?

How strict are they with their new hand luggage policy (which limits your bag to 40cm x 20cm x 25cm)? I keep hearing how Jewish they are, will they really come with a measure tape and charge me if my backpack is 1inch too big?
>>
File: 1541340029254.jpg (46 KB, 960x960)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>1538583
>Anyone flown with Ryan Air recently?
>>
File: chav.jpg (111 KB, 495x500)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>1538583

Depends how recently you mean, I last flew with Ryanair summer 2017. The way it worked then was there were metal boxes (presumably 40*20*25) to try it out, even if your bag is a little bigger you can just jam the fucker in (assuming it's not a plastic suitcase or other bag that doesn't squish).

Also I can't imagine the people who staff the counters are going to give enough fucks to call you (or anyone) out on it unless your bag is obviously way way bigger than those limits, would you want to argue with cunts like pic related for no gain to yourself?
>>
>>1538682
>>1538583
Rules changed in November 2018. Now they allow only one tiny cabin bag free, but you can pay for 'priority + 2 cabin bags' option and go with a big bag. I rarely pay for luggage and additional options, but last time I flew Ryanair I decided to pay for this option to avoid problems. It wasn't very expensive, less than 5 euro.
>>
>>1538702

How tiny we talking? 40cm x 20cm x 25cm?
>>
>>1538712
Yes.
>>
>>1538712
>>1538583
Yeah, thats what I was also wondering about trolleys. Mine is 55 x 40 x 23 and Ryan Air`s limit on trolley is 55x40x20cm.

Mine can't be squished as its a hard case trolley.
>>
>>1538742

their new rule literally limits you to carry a handbag with the standard free option, which means they'll call you out if you show up with a trolley without paying for the extra option mentioned by >>1538702

If you pay for that option, the only limit is that afaik it fits iin the cabin and doesn't exceed 10kg.
>>
>>1538767
Cheers man.
>>
Flew 5 days ago, I bought priority seeing. They didn't check the dimensions of my carry-on.
>>
>>1538583
Flew with them last week. They were pretty strict with the guy in front of me, but ultimately let him carry his backpack which was slightly over the meassurements. I personally had priority so I could bring mine trolley no problem.
>>
>>1538583
The weight is more important.
>>
>>1538742
Define "trolley"
>>
>>1540075
I have never seen baggage being weighed at the gate anywhere on nay airline.
>>
>>1540080
this. Ryanair has those steel cages that are exactly the permitted dimension. If they (or you) can shove your handbag in there, you're good. If not, you pay 50 euros. Very simple.

If you fill up your bag with lead bricks, they might weigh it, but if it's not abnormally heavy, they probably wont.
>>
>>1538742
Is it plastic?
Buy a hacksaw and a lot of super glue.
>>
>>1538702
The shitty thing is they limit the priority + cabin bag option to 90 passengers so you'll need to pay the higher checked baggage fee if they've already hit the limit, even if you just want to bring a cabin bag. Obviously this happens more often on the longer and busier routes like Amman to Brussels rather than Paphos to Amman.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.