[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 91 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]


Now accepting credit card payment for 4chan Pass purchases and renewals. Click here for details.


File: file.png (763 KB, 680x680)
763 KB
763 KB PNG
Rank the countries you've visited by how good their cuisine is
>Japan
>Mexico
>Thailand
>Laos
>Italy
>Belgium
>>
>France
>Italy
>China
>Japan

America and Hong Kong for best places where to have food from the world over.
>>
>>1535953
>America and Hong Kong for best places where to have food from the world over.
That's for sure. Otherwise not sure how to include america in the rankings. Heading to Eastern Europe this summer, not super excited for the food there.
>>
>Singapore
>Malaysia
>Mexico
>Indonesia
>Thailand
>Hong Kong
>China
>Costa Rica
>Poland
>Czech Republic
>Austria

The other ones just had pretty boring food. Not counting US/Canada in this list.
>>
>Hong Kong
>Italy
>Georgia
>Vietnam
>France
>Turkey
>Hungary
>Spain
>Croatia
>Lithuania
>Poland
>Romania
>San Marino
>Norway
>Ukraine
>Latvia
>Philippines
>United Kingdom (England above Scotland above Northern Ireland above Wales)
>Russia

>Bosnia
>Uzbekistan
>Ireland
>Finland
>USA
>Estonia
>Slovenia
>[North] Macedonia
>Belgium
>Netherlands
>Germany
>Czech Republic
>Iceland
>>
>>1535948
>Georgia
>Kyrgyzstan
>Tajikistan
>Armenia
>Uzbekistan
>Greece
>Azerbaijan
>Macedonia
>Montenegro
>Poland
>Ukraine
>Hungary
>Moldova
>Netherlands
here is where food starts becoming disgusting
>Kazakhstan
>Iceland
>Germany
>Albania
>>
>>1535995
Oh I forgot, us and Canada at the bottom. Just shitty overpriced versions of other people's food
>>
>>1535948
Been to a lot of countries.

Thailand is defo the most dogshit my god. Coconut everything. Make it mad spicy so you don’t taste the shitty quality.
>>
>>1536016
>Been to a lot of countries.
Yet still a retard

>Thailand is defo the most dogshit my god. >Coconut everything. Make it mad spicy so you don’t taste the shitty quality.

Maybe you should've visited more than The hotel restaurant in Koh Samui.
Issan food is mainly leafy greens and a fish base more similar to Vietnamese and Lao then Bangkok.
And way down in the south its mainly jungle curries which are gang curries without the coconut.
Bangkok food its mainly the desserts which are coconut based, therefore you must be a fat cunt.
Fat cunts usually don't know good food, the old quantity over quality argument is plain to see with them.
>>
>>1536016
>wh*teboi can’t handle ‘spicy’ food which has been diluted for foreigners
>laughingricefarmers.jpg

Actually I’m not a fan of Thai food. I find it quite bland. Much prefer other SEA food.
>>
>>1536042
Thai food breaks down like the 5 great cuisines in Europe into regions.
The 4 regions are Southern, spicy curries and seafood, often pork free.
Central, Bangkok style food, considered sweet,
Issan, essentially just Vietnamese food
Chang Mai, alot of pork based influence from China trade and Myanmar, slightly different spices from the rest of the country.

I agree with you I find most Thai food bland particularly central dishes compared to neighbouring regions and neighbouring countries.
I'd add another type being Thai modern fusion but again I think other countries like Vietnam do even that better.
>>
>>1536016
Same for me. The worst Asian cuisine. I just couldn't really stomach most of it and the rest was barely edible.
>>
File: p.jpg (79 KB, 720x960)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
1: Vietnam
2: Denmark (yes, really -- just humble food with ultra-high quality ingredients)
3: Sri Lanka (Never been to India but I'm sure it's similar)
4: Mexico (I've never been to Mexico but the spics who run food trucks in my city all deserve Michelin stars)
5: Czechia
6: Hungary

Anyone who doesn't put Vietnam as their #1 has never been to Vietnam.
>>
>>1535948
Australia
Norway
Germany
Egypt
Namibia
New Zealand
Paraguay
Mongolia
>>
>>1536109
vietnamese food is fucking disgusting. might as well just go to the supermarket and buy a kg of cilantro
>>
>>1536134
Oh look, a dickface fuckhead with an obnoxious opinion, you never see these on the internet these days, what a find! Give us all another zinger funny man.
>>
I've been to about 40 countries, so I'll only list the most notable. Ranked from the best down to the worst:

>Mexico
>India
>Italy
>Thailand
>Turkey
>United States
>Greece
>Bosnia and Herzegovina / Serbia
>Georgia

>Nicaragua
>Ecuador

>Iraq
>Costa Rica
>...
>...
>...
>...
>Colombia
>...
>...
>...
>...
>Tanzania
>>
>>1536141
Whats Tanzanian food like? Very curious.

Also Colombia I was under the impression was a decent cuisine? Is it dirty or bland?
>>
>>1536141
Have you been to Perú? Surprised not to see it on your list despite having Ecuador and Colombia there.
>>
>>1536151

Horrifically bland. I stayed for about a month and can't remember a single plate I'd be keen on ever having again. But do take my ranking with a grain of salt: I was staying with a friend in a village. Most of what we ate was home-cooked and not restaurant quality. In fact, most of what we ate was just rice, sometimes with beans or greens but just as often with nothing other than more rice. We rarely had meat; when we did, it was rarely well-prepared.

I've heard others give better reviews. They probably had the opportunity to eat at upscale eateries. But I don't have any good food memories. Even the expensive restaurants along the Zanzibar coast were just toeing acceptable.

>>1536153

Not yet, hoping to get around in the next couple years. I've heard Peruvian food is great.
>>
>>1536141
I've been to 18 very different countries, and I would also put Mexico at #1. Didn't have a single thing there I didn't like on my last trip to the central highlands, and some meals that were just incredible.

No wonder they are currently the fattest people in the world.
>>
>>1536189
Mexico is good but it’s like a poor mans Turkey
>>
>>1536141
>>1536166
OP here, went to Tanzania as a kid. I don't remember it well enough to add to the OP, but I remember thinking that it was really good food. But the food was restaurant quality and we were on a safari tour with good chefs. Remember having some pumpkin soups that were phenomenal to 12 year old me.

>>1536045
That's a cool breakdown of it, but I don't know I thought the spices used were really good, and I don't mean making it spicy which I dislike, I mean the actual spices. Laos had fresher ingredients and felt very natural, but the food didn't have many spices so it felt more basic.

>>1535994
This list is not making me excited for eastern european food
>>
>Hong Kong
>Sri Lanka
>Macau
>Taiwan
>India
>Mexico
>Maldives
>>
>>1536257
>This list is not making me excited for eastern european food
Eastern European food is all very similar except for the Balkans and Poland/Czechia. It's basically bland meat filled dumplings, potatoes with some sort of pan fried meat, unmemorable soups, cabbage and beets, and of course pickles of all kinds.
>>
>>1536109
What kind of food did you eat in Denmark? As a Dane I'm curious
>>
>>1536478
I stayed with a family who cured their own ham and baked their own rugbrod. For casual lunches they'd neatly lay out slices of rugbrod and top them with things like pickled herring and that fucked up smelly cheese (gamle ole I think?). The result looked like something prepared by a 5-star sushi chef. Even the potatoes were extra-tasty.
Also I liked salty licorice sweets, though I understand it's not unique to Denmark.
>>
>>1535948
>>1535948
Honestly, and I know this will sound hipster, I was not impressed with the food in Japan.

>China
>India
>Italy
>Laos
>Georgia
>Vietnam
>Thailand
>Czech Republic
>Japan
>Poland
>Russia
>Ukraine
>South Korea

I hate south korean food so much now, all they do is cover everything in red chili paste.
>>
>>1536016
>Thailand is defo the most dogshit my god. Coconut everything. Make it mad spicy so you don’t taste the shitty quality.
Weak ass wh*toid
>>
>>1536045
>essentially just Vietnamese food
And that's where you wrong, only pan egg was closely Vietnamese food. The rest are closer to Lao.
>>
>>1536189

Yeah. I've been to Mexico twice and India 11 times. I feel like I should rank Indian food higher, but fuck. I feel like Mexican food really nails the balance between simplicity and flavor, whereas Indian food has lots of flavor but often takes a long time to make or is something of an affair to consume.
>>
why do most north western countries have shit food cuisine?
>>
>>1536518
>good cuisine
>China top of the list
Are you serious? I've been there. Never again. Their hard liquor (baiju) smells like dirty feet, everything is either deep fried or some kind of dog-shit slurry, and the water is brown and tastes like burning metal. I could go on and on, but I'll stop right now and say 'You must be full of shit'. Enjoy your gutter oil.
>>
>>1536585
Because apparently it's not up your alley. I'd prefer a plate of haggis neeps and tatties to your Thai green spicy slop.
>>
>>1536595
>Thai green spicy slop
Afraid your ass will be on fire?
>>
>>1536585
Northern European food was traditionally just hearty meals because of the climate. You want to maximize the amount of calories you consume so you eat a lot of potatoes and breads. But because it's too cold for herbs/spices to grow the food wasn't seasoned well.
>>
>>1536613
I learned recently that food is traditionally spicier close to the equator because capsaicin helps to preserve food in warm temperatures.
>>
>>1536587
>water must be brown
>everything is fried

Wut? I was there for a month with my friend who grew up there, and we visited his family and went to tons of little hole in the wall resturants. If anything I would say I was surprised I didnt eat MORE fried food. We had a ton of dumplings, they were all steamed, all of the fish was in a stew or hotpot. Come to think of it I cant think of much that was fried.
>>
>>1536616
in places like russia food doesnt rot for most of the year, all youd need is a little salt and everything can be naturally preserved. whereas somewhere like india that didnt have refrigeration until recently a lot of spices were needed to cover up the taste of rotting food
>>
>>1536616
Its a bit of a meme.
Nothing preserves like salt.
The Chilli close to the equator thing happens because in the Americas its from there and in Asia peppercorn could only be harvested once a year where chilli in the tropics gave multiple high yields and grew with little care.
It also helped with sea travel, its why the portuguese spread it everywhere, because the small amounts of Vitamin C even in dried chilli helped fight scurvy.

Chilli, beans and potatoes literally changed the world and allowed possibly billions of people to exist
>>
>>1536616
I also know how in Mexico when there wasn't a lot of food to go around, people made it incredibly spicy so they'd be forced to drink more water to feel full. The history of food can be really interesting at times.
>>
Worst I've had was in Russia and Cambodia
>>
>>1536773
Yeah I think he’s a bit biased against Chinese food, however I think he meant pan/wok/stir fried, not battered and dip fried in the western sense.
>>
>>1537059
What's so bad about Cambodia? There's a Cambodian restaurant in my city and the food is great. It's kinda in between Thai and Viet, some curries, some soups, and some random weird things like frog legs.
>>
>>1536487
Cool, very interesting to hear. I don't like a lot of the things you traditionally put on rugbroed like cheese, cured pork and herring, but homemade liver paste, fish filets with remoulade, a fresh salami (spegepoelse) from the local slaughter and a fresh rugbroed is god-tier lunch. And yeah it was probably gamle ole.

In the right season, relatively freshly harvested potatoes are indeed amazing when boiled. Did you have some of the traditional pork dishes for dinner like flaeskesteg, stegt flaesk (basically fried fat) with parsley sauce, etc?
>>
Top tier:
>tokyo
>taipei
>hong kong
>rome
>lyon
>paris
>new orleans
>bologna
>istanbul
>>
>>1537179
Forgot mexico city, lima, jerusalem and chengdu
>>
>>1537179
>>1537180
Interesting take. I haven't been to many of those cities but if I were to rank the ones I've been to:

>Singapore
>Penang
>Mexico City
>Hong Kong
>Oaxaca
>Bali
>San Francisco
>Kuala Lumpur
>Ipoh
>Bangkok
>Vienna (really expensive though)

I live in Vancouver and our food is really good too I think. I would rank it somewhere around HK on my list. Especially for sushi, for the price we pay for sushi here I haven't found a better city. Yes you can get much better sushi for much more $ but at the average Vancouver price point it's unbeatable. Also candied salmon, it's only the best thing ever.
>>
France obviously
>>
>vietnam
>austria
>germany
>slovakia
>poland
>hungary

POWER GAP

>qatar (except tea and coffee)
>canada
>>
Food in Spain was fucking awful
>>
>Serbia
>Bosnia
>Italy
>Mexico
>Spain
>Albania
>France
>USA (why the fuck is everything sweet there? Just throwing sugar into everything??)
Also shout out to that one deli in Hungary that had that kickass lentil soup
>>
>>1537604
Name one bad thing you ate in Spain.
>>
>south korea
>japan
>hong kong
>singapore
>...
>china
I eat less local food in hong kong and singapore, but the quality of food in general is great.
>>
>>1535948
How much PCP do you guys usually take before traveling?
>>
>>1536112
what do you classify as aussie food?
>>
>Malaysia
>Korea
>Indonesia
>Italy
>Taiwan
>Spain
>Germany
>France
>Ireland
>Belgium
>>
>>1536773
I was there Dec '08 to early Jan '09. Wined and dined by multiple companies in multiple cities. Food was no bueno. And you know what? I didn't actually drink the water, I tasted the burning metal putting water on my toothbrush first night after landing in Shanghai (1st class hotel, highrise). I found out everybody else used bottled water for almost everything. Why do they even bother with having taps in the room? Air is worse than the water. Landed in an airport near Hefei and took a VW taxi towards the city. Air looked cleaner than Shanghai so I opened the window to get some air while the taxi was moving. Eyes immediately started burning, tears streaming. Closed the window and looked at the driver. Gave me a look like I'm crazy. Entire time I was guided by company reps, so the budget for decent food wasn't a problem. The food was simply bad: either bland or greasy, and only once can I remember it tasting 'good'. The good dish was fried rabbit, and you can see the rabbit guy moving rabbits around the city in cages on his bicycle during the day. At least you know it's fresh. After landing back in the U.S., revised resume and commenced job search. Like I said, never again. For the record, I don't hate Chinese and I hope they fix their country, starting with pollution but there's no way the food is good. I didn't know about gutter oil back then, only heard about it a year or two ago, but you definitely ate some when you were there especially if you were eating in small chicken huts, stalls, and small crappy restaurants. I honestly don't know how you can survive on hot pot, pot stickers, and pork buns for a month, dude. Anyway, Look at all the great things in China: cooking oil from the sewer, rusty water for cooking, abysmally dirty air getting on everything and contaminating the ingredients of everything you put inside of you. Maybe you get used to it or something but if you did I'd only feel sorry for you. Go ahead and say I'm full of shit but I was there.
>>
>>1537903
You are full of shit, not because you are wrong but because you don’t seem to realize how anecdotal your evidence is.
>>
>>1537905
LOL, Chang detected. China is clean and I just went to all the dirty spots on accident, right? Look up gutter oil documentaries or articles, even the Chinese gov't says it's real. They say 10%, you know the real #'s higher.
>>
>>1536518
Yeah I found the food in Japan to be hit or miss. Most of it was mediocre, some was good.

I have to say their curry is absolutely dreadful - so bland and tasteless, easily one of the worst things I've ever eaten.
>>
>>1535948
USA (you can world wide, world class food there)
Japan
Thailand
Spain
Portugal
>>
>>1537915
Retard for several reasons:
- you didn’t even know gutter oil existed back then so it shouldn’t even be taken into account in your experience of Chinese food.
- I explicitly said you weren’t wrong in my post
- You still don’t realize that you not enjoying food during a short trip to China 10 years ago is extremely anecdotal of an evidence.

>someone who disagrees with me in a thread where several anon already disagreed must be a butthurt Chinese!
>>
>>1537926
>I didn't know the reason the food tasted bad, therefore it shouldn't be considered when I found out the likely reason the food tasted bad. Especially if the reason persists to this day.
You know how I know you're a Chang? Of all the Changs I've ever met, they're desperate to get out of China to somewhere better but even after getting out and living somewhere better they unceasingly fail to defend the honor of their home country rather than acknowledge and attack its problems. You say the food is great, I say not only does the food taste bad, I further postulate the food isn't even safe for human consumption. You say my evidence is anecdotal; well, so is your's Chang, and gutter oil isn't anecdotal.
>>
>>1537624
their paella
>>
>>1537933
Triple retard,
> you don’t «taste» gutter oil.
> I never said Chinese food was delicious
> I’m a 185cm blue eyed European

You are so fucking retarded I swear.
>>
>>1537941
>OP: Rank the countries you've visited by how good their cuisine is
>1536518
>China is top of your list
>1537941
>can't taste dirty oil
Lying Chang detected. Are you expecting me to believe you've never fried something and can't tell the taste of good/bad oil? You don't think restaurants regularly clean their fryers? If so, then You're the real retard here. And people from Europe don't say, "I'm a European." They say, "I'm a Deutchman," or, "I'm a Frenchman." But why am I giving you tips on your lying skills? I've lost all hope for redemption for you, you absolute scum. My only hope is that anybody reading this will look up gutter oil in China and be careful when they have to eat anything over there. Have an absolute fucking horrible weekend, you fucking retarded, lying Chang.
>>
>>1537955
It wasn’t my list I haven’t been to half the countries in that post.
I don’t say where I’m from in Europe because you’ll find a way to use that against me in your twisted rethorics.
I recognize your angry posting anyway you are that angry anon who shits up most threads about China. A thin layer of normality and just sheer angry retardation beneath.
Get help anon.

Also why would I lie about where I’m from on an anonymous Thai embroidery forum?
>>
To the OP, sorry for shitting up your thread. I just reflexively call out BS whenever I see it. To everyone else, be careful about this gutter oil thing. It's real and it'll give you cancer. That's it from me. Peace out.
>>
>>1537966
Based schizo anon
>>
>>1537965
Oh, well sorry you didn't write the list then. But you call me retard and full of shit and then you pretend I'm angry at China because I'm a racist. It took me a long time to realize that face is real over where you're from and Changs will lie right to your face about things you can see isn't real. Boggled my mind for a long time. You should always be proud of where you're from, Chang. Even if you're from China. But you should never pretend a problem doesn't exist when it does. It just makes you look stupid, like saying you can't taste bad oil. LOL.
>>
>>1537980
There you go again. My first post was when I said your evidence was anecdotal (which it is).
I never called you a racist (I did call you full of shit tho).
The problem with gutter oil is that you can’t taste it, otherwise it wouldn’t be a problem. People would spit the food out right away, don’t you realize this?
I’m still not Chinese. Back on the meds bro your illness is showing.
>>
>>1537985
The guy has never been to china. If he want to shit on chinese food there is plenty of easy points to make, but he doesnt even understand the gutter oil issue.
>>
>>1537985
>muh gutter oil

Get help mate.
>>
>>1538086
Yeah I know, I even told in my first post to him that he wasn’t wrong, I meee denied there are concerns about food safety, hygiene standards and stuff... but he decided that I was a Chinese fighting for the honor of the Great People’s Republic. I really think he has issues.

>>1538089
I think you are misquoting me, I’m not the one anally retentive about gutter oil. I was just pointing out that gutter oil was not distinguishable from untainted oil, so not the reason he found Chinese food “bad”. If you could taste it and know at once it was spoiled then people would not eat it and it would not be a concern.
>>
>>1535948
>America
>Thailand
>Taiwan
>Japan
>Italy

Every other country doesn't even get on the list. Holy shit I was shocked when I went to America and found out how delicious their shit was. No fucking wonder everyone is obese. I would be extremely obese if I were an American.
>>
>>1537966
No worries, I got the information I needed. I like the chinese food my gf makes me but I'm worried about what it'll be like when I eventually go there. I did a quick layover in one of the cities in China this summer when going from bangkok to USA (don't do that by the way they make it a giant pain in the ass for even just a 2 hour layover), and immediately looking outside I could see disgusting smog everywhere.
>>
>>1538107
>No fucking wonder everyone is obese. I would be extremely obese if I were an American.
Unironically this.
I already struggle to not overindulge at home, but given the selection, portions and low cost available in the US I’d have a hard time not pigging out erriday.
>>
>>1535948
Mexico
Spain
Portugal
USA (unironically)
France
>>
>>1536042
If you’re looking for good Sea food, the mahi down in Mexico is great
>>
>>1538107
>>1538118
>>1538109
Interesting to hear some say the US has good food and others say it's terrible.
As a burger I would rank it as above average due to: cost/ quantity ratio, ubiquity, generally excellent service at restaurants, and availablity of a wide range of cuisines and ingredients from around the world, but the quality is worse than Europe almost across the board. Sure factory farmed pork generally tastes fine and may be USDA Grade A Choice or whatever but it doesn't compare to a Jamon Iberico de bellota. We also allow a lot of flavoring, colors, preservatives and other chemicals in our foods such as growth hormones, that really should not be consumed. You may or may not be able to taste it, but it gives a kind of ersatz quality to a lot of our foods.
>>
>>1538156
>The finest is called jamón ibérico de bellota (acorn). This ham is from free-range pigs that roam oak forests (called dehesas) along the border between Spain and Portugal and eat only acorns during this last period. It is also known as jamón ibérico de Montanera. The exercise and diet have a significant effect on the flavor of the meat; the ham is cured for 36 months. This grade is divided into black-label jamón 100% ibérico de bellota, produced from pure-bred Iberian pigs, and red-label jamón ibérico de bellota from free-range pigs that are not pure-bred. Since 2014, the percentage of Iberian ancestry in the animal must be specified on the label.
>The next grade is called jamón ibérico cebo de campo. This ham is from pigs that are pastured and fed a combination of acorns and grain. As of 2014, this ham bears a green label.
>The third type is called jamón ibérico de cebo, or simply, jamón ibérico. This ham is from pigs that are fed only grain. The ham is cured for 24 months. As of 2014, this ham bears a white label.
>Additionally, the word puro (pure, referring to the breed) can be added to the previous qualities when both the father and mother of the slaughtered animal are of pure breed and duly registered on the pedigree books held by official breeders. Also, images of acorns and dehesas on product labels are restricted to hams that qualify as bellota.[
>>
>>1538156
Nah American food is fucking amazing. I don't know why Americans tend to criticize their own food. Especially dumb shit like "corn syrup/cane sugar"

I've never had corn syrup in my life and I genuinely barely tasted a difference. I think you guys just have a mental picture of everything being "chemical" and "bad for you" so you have this placebo effect while in Europe. If I could switch our "fancy" trash for American quality and prices I would do so in a heartbeat.

There's a lot about America you can be critical about if you want to hate yourself. But food isn't one of them. America is the cuisine hotspot of the world. People just don't realize it yet.
>>
>>1538186
I think the issue with corn syrup is that it's in absolutely everything in the US. It's why Americans lose weight spending a week abroad eating the same foods they do at home.
>>
>>1537179
>>1537180
Foodie alert! Good list
>>
>Taiwan
>Malaysia
>China
>S Korea
>Japan
>Sweden
>Singapore
>Italy
>Turkey
>Bosnia
>NZ
>Romania
>Germany
>USA
>UK
>>
If USA is not #1 on your list then you're either an American or you never went to America.
>>
>>1535968
>>1537901
>>1538219
>Malaysia consistently this high
I'm curious
>>
>>1538221
>Hey what if we made shitty, oversweetened, underspiced, oily, fatty versions of other people's food but doubled the portion and made it 50x the price?
>>
>>1538290
That’s American genius, market your food so it triggers the right spots in te brain.
I’m >>1538109 and I’m French, I realize we have it good when it comes to food and I would miss our unpasteurized cheeses and cold cuts and dairies if I were to live in the US, also I would need to drop comparatively more cash to keep obtaining good bread, and French wines.
But I feel it would be balanced with the 100x more options available, because I would obviously live in a big enough city if I were to move to the US.
Also I believe HFCS is more of an environmental or health problem than a taste issue with foods, just like palm oil.
I have always found Nutella to be delicious, sure I’m not happy with deforestation and the killing of Urang Utangs, and I “may” decide to stop purchasing it (I haven’t) but I would not trick my mind into thinking I now hate it and can taste palm oil in ingredients.
Our coke is made with sugar, your coke tastes perfectly fine, if you like coke.
>>
>>1535948
>Turkey
>Finland
>Japan
>Korea
>Estonia
>Singapore
>America
>>
>>1538318
Quality>quantity

It's better to have 5 good choices for a meal than 100 shitty ones. Anyone who lives in America and isn't morbidly obese (a small minority) can tell you that eating garbage copies of other counties food gets old extremely quickly. And even if you live in a city big enough to have lot of ethnic markets, those are stale overprocessed garbage as well
>>
>>1538356
Even here quality = expensive and I don’t trust you can’t find quality produce in the US.
I think you underestimate the amount of junk filled, over processed foods Western European consume. I believe we are only a few notches below America, and are marginally saved by our “walking won’t kill me” culture, not because we don’t like our cars but because of how accessible everything is.
Also somehow legit consumer protection laws, that regulate a lot of the crap that you can get away with in the US. For instance, fruit juice can’t have added sugar in them to be called fruit juices, fillers and byproducts must be stated on the labels and so on.
>>
>Switzerland
>France
>Singapore
>Vietnam
>Canada

Switzerland mainly for a combination of German, French, and Italian food
>>
>>1535948

> Iraq
> Japan
> Norway
> Netherlands
> China
> UK
> Ireland
>>
>>1536151
big idiot on the board, colombian food is rice, beans and a pork chop with no seasoning.. also nothing spicy in the whole country
>>
>>1537098
Southern Vietnamese food is just Cambodian food.
Southern Vietnam was Kampuchea krom. It’s why they’re darker in the delta.
Pho, hu tieu, etc are Khmer in origin. This is why there is such a variation between north Vietnamese food and South Vietnamese food, hue is it’s own thing.
>>
>>1537332
>Ipoh
Really under rated
>>
>>1538239
Malaysia is Singapore on steroids
>>
>>1538417
>asks a question
>big idiot

Antisocial personality disorder detected
>>
>>1538239
Malaysian food is the best in SEA.

>>1538422
Ipoh is fantastic for food. Dry curry noodles and bean sprout chicken are unbelievably good.
>>
>>1538411
>> Iraq
Really? What kind of stuff did you eat there?
>>
>>1535948
France
Italy
POWERGAP
India
Japan (but some recipes like shabu-shabu are tasteless tho)
>>
Japan
America
Taiwan
Bosnia
Italy
France
Russia


Absolute you gotta be kidding me tier

Netherlands. Only country where mcdonalds is their best restaurant
>>
>>1538773
Actually maybe replace Bosnia with all of the Balkans all the food there is so good and unique too.
>>
>>1538431
>Malaysian food
literally dogshit in my dictionary.
>>
File: IMG_20180830_153039.jpg (4.99 MB, 3984x5312)
4.99 MB
4.99 MB JPG
post a better meal than this, i dare you
>>
>>1539847
Top this boi
>>
>>1539847
>>1539852
You two losers can wash my dick now
>>
>>1538431
Just finished my first bean sprout chicken in Ipoh 20 minutes ago. I have to agree.
>>
File: Thai noodle.jpg (9 KB, 275x183)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>1539861
Try again, I'm preparing the lube here.
>>
>>1539852
>>1539864
>google searching photos

crinfe
>>
>>1539869
Then top the damn google searching photos niggro
>>
>>1539837
I think you looked at the wrong word in the dictionary as Malaysian is listed under delicious. Dogshit has a picture of your mother next to it.
>>
>>1540032
t.seething Malay
>>
>>1540042
The dude is right though. Malaysia is a culinary paradise.

I wish //trv would have more people that have //trvalled for real.
>>
>>1540032
Malaysian food is incredible.
>>
Thailand (should be #1 of every list.)
Malaysia (goto KL Jalan Alor)
Sichuan Province in China, amazing -- rest of china sucks
>>
>>1535948

>Indonesia
>Malaysia
>Singapore
>Belgium
>Vietnam
>Thailand
>Czech Republic
>Italy
>France
>Hong Kong
>Iran
>Croatia


only listing the most noteworthy
>>
>>1540065
I feel like the bolder flavours of Malaysia are much better than those of Thailand. Thailand is still up there, larb and green papaya salads are like the best thing ever but they're no where near as good as a laksa or char kway teow.
>>
>>1540116
The thing I like about Malaysian food is it is clearly defined, Chinese Malaysian and it’s variants nyonya etc, Indian Malaysian, European Malaysian and Malay.
The weird thing is Malay food itself is kind of bland and repetitive, it’s like the Scottish food of Asia, by that I mean it’s high in sugar and deep fried.
But the fusion stuff with Chinese and/or Indian is mind blowing.
>>
>>154016
You found it bland? Which dishes? Other than Hinanese Chicken are bland?
>>
>>1540173
Tea tarik with that spicy toast bread slice is yucky
>>
How is the food in Germany, specifically the area in and around Bavaria?
>>
>>1540182
You didn't like teh tarik? I loved it, had an iced teh tarik nearly every day.

Toast with jam I'm not big on, I agree. I only tried it once. The jam itself was very good but it's obviously all just a shitty remnant of British influence.
>>
>>1540207
In my experience, food in Germany is often hearty but bland and simply or poorly seasoned (almost no use of herbs and spices, no acidic counterpoints, etc). Bakeries are really good though, Kaffee und Kuchen is about the only proper German gastronomical tradition that I truly enjoy.
>>
>>1540207
>>1540661
This has exactly been my experience with Germany (Bavaria) good quality of ingredients, incredible bread and beer, but bland food.

Kaizerschmarm (or howeer is spelled) is pretty good, the weissbier is as well.


My list is:

>Mexico (my home country)
>Spain
>Germany (but only if I count the foreign food I had there)
>France
>USA
>Austria
>Czech Republic
>
>
>
>
>Chile

Chile is not only mediocre, it's expensive as fuck
>>
>>1540908
Oh I forgot the UK, it was shit
>>
>>1535948
>austria
>czech republic
>mexico
>italy
>spain
>germany
>>
>>1538239
Literally only because of one city though.
>>
>>1540207
fucking awful. their most famous dishes are fucking curry ketchup on a hotdog and turkish street meat. actual german food is just that bland and boring.
>>
Delightful line
>Korea
>China
>Indonesia
>Romania
>Singapore
>Thailand
>Czech
>USA (though mostly I think of small ethnic joints anyways a la taquerias)
>Germany
>Poland
>Italy
Unimpressed to dslike line
>France
>Hungary
>UK
Don't remember anything at all line
>Canada
>>
>>1541119
agreed man, currywurst is fucking awful and I'm an extremely unpicky eater. fucking ketchup?
>>
>>1541124
>picking czech and poland over france
U wot m8
>>
>>1535948
>Poland
>Germany
>Thailand
>Mexico
Nightmare from hell tier
>UK
>>
>>1540207
>How is the food in Germany, specifically the area in and around Bavaria?
God tier food with amazing potato dumplings, sauces and red cabbage, pretzels and top quality beer
>>
>>1541147
French food is meme tier
>>
>Greece
>France
>UK

Wow you guys sure have been to a lot of places.
>>
>>1541645
Et tu Magellan?
>>
>>1537059
Russian food is fantastic though, what are you on about?
>>
>>1536585
It's obscenely expensive to eat top of the line English food for example. Anyone here ranking England has obviously not been dining in Rule's and Simpson's...
>>
>France
>Russia
>Italy
>Spain
>Germany
>>
File: 1523518994106.png (37 KB, 586x578)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>"USA is great because of the variety of food of other countries you can get there"
We're talking about the actual cuisine here kiddo. Sure you can get some great food in the biggest cities, but the actual local '''cuisine''' is still trashy af. Also most foreign/'ethnic' restaurants outside those cities are americanised af (i.e. fuck up the balance of the dish because of 'food porn' and spray it with shredded cheese). And learn how to make some proper bread for fucks sake.

American restaurant culture also fucking sucks with everyone rushing to finish the dinner (and waiters trying to get you out as soon as you're done) instead of it being a complete social experience like in Southern Europe for example.
>>
>Mexico
>Spain
>Singapore
>US
>Taiwan
>Japan
>Thailand
>Vietnam
>France
>Malaysia
>Indonesia
Singapore is the perfect foodie place for asian food. God its so fucking good.
>>
>Spain
>Greece
>Italy
>France
>Turkey
>Portugal
>Bulgaria
>North Macedonia
>USA
>Ireland
>Netherlands
>Germany
>>
>Spain
>Italy
>Poland
>Morocco
>Portugal
>France
>UK
>Ireland
>Egypt
>Costa Rica (great produce but boring cooking)
>Germany and Netherlands tied for worst
>>
>>1541983
Sounds like you didn’t know where to eat and ended up at some shit places. Sorry man.
>>
>>1538239
Penang, dude. I spent a week there and never had a bad thing touch my tongue. Meanwhile on Langkawi I was hunting for good eats day after day.
>>
>>1540173
Even hainanese chicken isn't bland when prepared right. Such simple ingredients add so much flavour. The fact that the white rice is cooked in chicken fat is a great example of flavour you don't see.

Loving this thread as food is a big part of traveling for me. I stay in hostels so I can afford the fancy restaurants but also enjoy street food.

Best sushi outside of Japan: Norway and toronto, honorable mention to maido in Lima

I'm snobby about Thai food and the only place that compares to authentic Thai is London for some reason.

Top tier: Japan, Peru, London, NYC, Thailand, Mexico, Malaysia, San Sebastian, France, Italy.

Honourable mentions: India, Vietnam, Taiwan, Korea, bicol region in Philippines.

I think for most actual interesting culinary fusion, it'd have to be Malaysia. There's even portugese influences in their food.

The US has amazing restaurants all throughout the country but has a terrible food culture in general.

I'm surprised Lima isn't being mentioned more as it's literally a foodie capital. I ate my way through some of the most famlus restaurants there last year and was so impressed.

Disgusting: Laos

Picture: Maido in Lima. Did not expect to spend that much lol
>>
File: 20180310_220107.jpg (1.47 MB, 4032x3024)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
>>1542134
Oops

Also forgot to say that I appreciate Scandinavian cuisine as well as it's so simple. Food is so interesting because for a lot of places the local cuisine had a logical reason (like you guys were saying about salt an spices as preservatives).
>>
>>1542134
Fuck...forgot to put Georgia and Singapore in honourable mentions
>>
>Ireland
>Israel
>Japan
>Costa Rica
>USA
>Portugal
>Mexico
Israel fucking sucks besides the food though.
>>
>>1535995
lmao kazahk and Kyrgyz food is very related, I don't see how one can be so much worse than the other
>>
>>1542164
kazakhstan doesnt have stuff like kitayski myasa, ashlian fu, azu, dungan dishes etc. and the better dishes there (lagman, plov) arent originally kazakh
>>
>>1542134
I'm the guy you replied to. I have eaten hinanese chicken many times now, I've been taken to supposedly good hawker stalls and actual restaurants that specialize in it that locals go to. I have to say that for me, it's still very bland and boring. My friends family were raving about it and loving the dish when we went. I didn't get it, it was not any better than chicken from chicken soup my dad makes and I find that to be average food at best.
>>
>>1542353
Did they at least have the shredded ginger sauce? Cause it's not even good without that imo
>>
>France
>Germany
>Netherlands
>Canada
>Switzerland
>Chile
>Hong Kong
>China

if i wasn't keeping pricing in mind Switzerland might be higher. Take my rankings with a grain of salt because I only had a few dishes in some of these countries. I rated France highly because the food tasted the freshest at an okay price. Germany had more simpler foods but also tasted good but at cheaper prices. In the Netherlands I pretty much just ate ribs but enjoyed them (and not much else). In Canada I've ate at a decent amount of restaurants but nothing especially "Canadian". Food was mediocre for the most part but okay. I ranked Switzerland so low because at no point did I feel I was getting any bang for my buck. The food wasn't mouth watering or anything. In Chile they put too much god damn sauce on most things and it ruins the dish. I've had lots of different foods here but they do have simple options for cheap in the right places which I love and their seafood is pretty decent. Hong Kong I actually enjoyed visiting but mostly for the hiking. The food (even michelin star restaurants) I thought was ...okay at best. I'm just not a fan of Chinese food I suppose. That's also why I ranked China so low although I did have some nice duck in China it was at a ritzy hotel. I suppose I also ranked Chinese food lower because I got the shits in China even though some of the street food was usually good and the prices can't be matched. It's just probably not worth the risk though.
>>
>>1537903
Truth

China was one of the filthiest places I've been, along with having some of the worst food
>>
>>1542134
Nice lists anon I'll keep this in mind when I'm travel.
>>
The best and cheap food was in china and india,
it was spicy and tasty. I had visited following countrys :

>china - beijing, yantai, shanghai, nanjing, guanzhou and hongkong
> india - mumbai
> germany
> austria
> egypt
> tunisia
> cuba - varagero

I also mede video from china :

https://youtu.be/7NgsJ47ECuE
>>
>USA
>Spain
>Japan
>Israel
>>
>>1535948
I like hot dogs from street sellers
>>
I'm I the only one that doesnt rate French food?

The best thing I ate in France was tonkotsu.
>>
>>1535948
Well Philippine food is still gotta be the worst food
>>
>>1544068
You're not alone buddy, you're not alone
>>
>>1535948
France
--
--
Who cares France is that good
>>
>>1535948
>france
>thailand
>china
>japan
>"indian" food, but dear god NOT IN INDIA
>italy
>turkey/greece

>>1545103
prepare for backlash
>>
>>1535948
Thai food literally has pig feces and human semen in it
>>
>>1545420
They don’t wash out pig intestines before cooking them in laab.
Also in the countryside if they run out of fish sauce they use semen! It’s usually Bulls semen (by the way that’s what red bull is based on, they used to drink bull cum to stay awake, taurine mimics the effects) but if there no bull around they use their own as a salty counterpoint. Not even joking. A lot of Thais don’t even know this, well they might the pig shit. Traditional Thai food is disgusting
>>
>>1535948
>Rating Mexican food above Thai
Shit taste desu
>>
>>1545424
Filthy unwashed Burman detected.
>>
>>1545554
Tbh they were pretty close, almost the same
With gaps it'd be
>Japan
>
>Mexico
>Thailand
>Laos
>
Italy
>
>
>
>Belgium
>>
>>1545647
illegal immigrant food is pretty good, mostly because of select dishes and seasonings rather than being good across the board

like, think about this rationally. they can't even manage to make bread properly. if they can't even make base ingredients taste good, and their only specialty is hiding the flavor full of sugar and spice, and EVEN THEN it comes out inferior to other countries that have spices, do they belong near the top? no. even german food is better if you take into account the fact they can make meat and flour taste good even if there is no spice. this is the reason german fusion restauraunts are amazing. they can actually cook properly
>>
>>1545648
Yeah but there's a big reason that wars were fought over spices. They're that good. If we were going off just making base ingredients good, Laos would be closer to the top
>>
Greece
Italy
India
Czech Republic
Hungary
>POWER GAP
Germany



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.