[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 111 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Now accepting credit card payment for 4chan Pass purchases and renewals. Click here for details.

File: 1466160116245.jpg (35 KB, 323x396)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Ask any and everything travel related that doesn't require a whole thread.

>going to Indonesia this summer and will be flying into Singapore, how many days should I spend in Singapore? Total time is around 16 days
>>
File: 1543572766460.jpg (49 KB, 1080x739)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
what is the bare minimum (in CAD) i should have if i want to stay in paris for a week?
>>
>>1527647
USD I would say $700.

I say that without ever having been to paris, only planning to go there before changing it to Budapest at the last minute.
>>
If you could only pick one of these cities

>HK
>KL
>Manila

Which would you pick? There for no more than 3 days.
>>
How much time should I take for South Korea and Taiwan?
>>
>>1527720
I cant say for SK as a whole, but I spent 3 days in Seoul and I felt as though that was plenty of time for the city.
>>
>>1527713
Not Manila, it’s literally one of the worst cities in earth.
>>
File: 1548119766931.png (676 KB, 768x768)
676 KB
676 KB PNG
>>1527713
They're in the order that you've listed them. Go to HK.

I'm planning a trip to either Malaysia or Philippines and at the moment I'm aiming for the latter unless anyone has suggestions. So what are some comfy places in PH that aren't complete nuke craters and have actual life going on?
>>
>>1528071
The Philippines is the worst SEA country. Other than sexpats I don’t understand why anyone would go there over other SEA countries.
>>
>>1527648
Yeah, 700 USD would be enough for a cheap hostel and eating from a cheap grocery store. On that budget you probably won't be drinking too much or taking a lot of metro rides.

>>1527713
HK, with KL as a decent second choice. Maybe choose KL if budget is a massive concern.

Manila is a giant slum. The Philippines is worth visiting, but Manila can be avoided entirety.
>>
>>1527646
Are Singapore and Hong Kong similar? My wife wants to visit both, but I personally think visiting one (singapore) would be enough.
>>
>>1528157
Imo, if you are neither a weebz nor a sexpat, HK is the first city you should visit in Asia if you have never been.
Nothing wrong with Tokyo, Bangkok or Singapore but just check how many times HK is cited in the other thread.
>>
>>1528161
It would be our 4th time in asia. We have been to all the major Chinese cities, as well as Bangkok, Tokyo, and Hanoi. I just feel like HK wouldent have much to offer.
>>
What's a decent travel budget for a week in Riga and a week in Berlin (excluding accommodation and air fare)?
>>
File: asia-e1543746172123.jpg (93 KB, 995x480)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
I'm an American who's never traveled solo or off the continent. I've narrowed down my choices for a solo trip to Taiwan and Turkey. If you had to pick one, which one would you go to first?

I plan to stay there about a week.

If I go to Turkey
>Spend 4-5 days exploring Cappadocia
>1-2 days in Instanbul

If I go to Taiwan
>start in Taipei go from there
>probably hit up Tarako
>>
>>1528232
I’ve never been to either specifically but culturally speaking Asia is a lot more interesting to me than Europe.
>>
Anyone know website for prostitutes in France? Not in Paris, but Normandy. Got major blue balls.
>>
>>1527646
3 or 4 days is enough time to see everything in Singapore. Keep in mind the country is basically a city.

>>1527720
South Korea is pretty large and there are at least 3 major areas to check out: Seoul, Busan and Jeju. 1 to 2 weeks would be ideal.

>>1528157
>>1528161
Hong Kong is a Chinese/Cantonese city with some Western influence. Singapore is a South East Asian city with lots of Western influence. Hong Kong is quite ugly but does have more open space than Singapore. Singapore has much more food variety and wealth.

My personal choice is Singapore, unless you really like Chinese or Cantonese culture.
>>
>>1528232
Would you rather have Middle Eastern or an Asian experience? Both countries have great food, history and nature to see. They're both good value for money too. Turkey will probably be more raw though.
>>
>>1528157
I personally don't think so. HK is very unfriendly, it's a super busy city that's very much focused only on making money. The food while good is not spectacular in the cheap places as in Singapore. For a tiny place with such a big population it actually has a lot of parks and hiking spaces. The different islands have somewhat different feels to them.

Singapore is a lot friendlier, even if it's fake. I found people there to be approachable, not just busy NPC's like in Hong Kong. The is a lot more interesting man made things to see, but nature is kind of lacking as there are a few parks but nothing spectacular.
>>
Whats the best city to visit in texas?
>>
>>1528437
>HK is very unfriendly
White person here who lived there for 6 years and visit multiple times a year, some of the nicest people I've ever met there. Just because everyone isn't acting like small town Mormons doesn't mean they're rude.

Idk man, sometimes I read posts like this and I really wonder if people have actually been to the places they spew word vomit about
>>
>>1528454
Similar situation here (lived in 2004-2008, visiting more than once a year average since then).
He’s kinda right on a very superficial aspect, most of the locals you’ll interact with as a tourist will be in a professional setting and HKers are very close to drones when they are working. It’s getting infuriating sometimes, they can’t/won’t think of the box. You need to go fishing for suggestions until they give you a ok, it kinda feel like they bug as soon as you ask something out of their program. I guess 100 years of colonial rule and a huge crowd for a small territory made extreme paternalistic/authoritarian staff management the “best” way to mold workers but when you come from good’ole West it may come off as they lack personality.
Reality is that they 100% separate their working and private lives and I agree they are by large extremely welcoming, sympathetic and honest friends when you get to know them personally.
>>
>>1528454
they arent rude, but they are definitely unfriendly

I was there a week and didn't meet a single person :,(
>>
What's the worse that can happen if I travel from the Netherlands to the Czech Republic by plane with a small amount of drugs for personal use?
Both countries have a tolerance policy when it comes to having it but I'm wondering if the fact that I'm entering the country means I'd be considered to be trafficking.
>>
>>1528232
Turkey right now is going through an economic crisis, the Turkish Lira is worthless and due to sanctions, fear of terror and the repressive government tourism has gone down quite a bit. That means right now it's dirt cheap and you'll be treated like a king. It may be cynical, but I'd say check out Turkey while this still lasts.
It really is a beautiful country and its inhabitants shouldn't be judged by the Turkish diaspora. As far as safety goes, unless you go to some backwater in Anatolia, close to warzones it's perfectly safe.

>>1528582
>Both countries have a tolerance policy
It's still illegal, don't do it. Tolerance for small amounts of drugs doesn't mean you can just smoke a joint in front of a cop and much less should you cross borders with them, that will be seen as trafficking and that is illeegal in both countries (coffee shops generally operate in legal grey zones).
That being said, why the fuck would you want to smuggle drugs from NL to CZ? Just buy drugs in CZ, it really isn't hard.
>>
>>1528582
>drugs on a plane
Are you mad? Go by train or something
>>
Got some spare time in New Orleans in early May, was gonna get out of town for 2-3 nights, will have a vehicle, need some input as to what should be avoided & what I shouldn’t miss.

I don’t have any experience in the region but find the area’s history and nature very appealing. A good mix of nature and history stuff would be cool. I’ve looked into a fishing charter but they are retardedly expensive at first glance.

Thanks!
>>
>>1528531
You must have been acting like someone from /trv/ because even as a young teen my first week there I was able to shoot the shit with locals and make friends.

Time to go visit Pattaya to get your social skills back up to check anon
>>
What kind of luggage would you take for a one week train ride?
>>
>>1528781
Clothes, baby wipes, books and entertainment, snacks, journal, sleeping pills
>>
>>1528781
What are you doing the trans-Siberian?
>>
File: v117543.001.jpg (16 KB, 450x400)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>1528781
Piggybacking on this question, what are the trade-offs between a suitcase and a travel bag with wheels (pic related)

I guess the bag allows you more flexibility in tight spaces (hostels, trains), but how well does it protect stuff, for example a suit?
>>
>>1528844
>>1528781
I am not a backpacker fag at all (I absolutely hate those faggots), but in my expierence a medium sized backpack (something like 40L) is the perfect trade off.
>>
>>1528232
You narrowed it down to probably two of the most different places on the planet, culturally, geographically, politically, historically, etc et all. Maybe you should narrow down what you want a little more.
>>
>>1528166
Riga is dirt cheap, not that I can recommend a daily budget. However, I will say that a week is a lot of time. The whole city can be seen in a day. Are you planning any day trips within the country? When I was in Latvia I only went to Sigulda, which was very nice. Otherwise you have Tallinn to the north and Vilnius to the south, both a couple of hours by bus away, and both some of the loveliest places on Earth. If you don't care for day trips, I'd do three days in one capital and four days in the other. Berlin I know nothing about.
>>
>>1528232
Both seem like good choices, and whatever you choose, I think you'll have an amazing time. They are very different, so it's difficult to compare them, but both are on the tourist trail, so they are suitable for "newbies". I personally would go for Turkey, as the other Anon said, it's so cheap right now, it's popular with European backpackers, it's an easy introduction to Middle Eastern culture, and the amount of sights and history they can cram into one single country is amazing. If you do go, make sure to check out Pamukkale.
>>
Have ~£1000, worth spending it on a trip now and if so, where? Or should I save it and raise money towards a bigger trip.
>>
>>1530155
£1000 can give you weeks of fun in Eastern Europe while at the same time not be enough for a flight ticket to Australia. It all depend on what you want to do and where you want to go. If it's your dream to visit Australia, save it. If it's your dream to visit Lithuania, fucking go for it bro.
>>
Hi, I’m planning to travel to Europe for a few weeks next month. I just want to eat good food and meet nice people. Recommendations for any cities?
>>
>>1527646
Do you people use a sleeping bag when in hostels? There are these very compressible sleeping bags out of very thin material that I think about getting because of fear of bed bugs
>>
File: IMG_20180701_141945.jpg (7.18 MB, 4608x3456)
7.18 MB
7.18 MB JPG
What the fuck do I do in 2 first weeks of March? I thought about 10 days in Ireland (renting a car) but not so sure. I have 1750$ to spend but would prefer to go with way less.

Are there still Northern Lights around Tromso in March? I know it's expensive as fuck but still would like to check it out. THen again. What is there to do aside from watching Northern Lights? Do I need a car there?

How's Italy in March? Probably not so nice like in the summer I assume..
>>
File: iceland-map.gif (87 KB, 900x742)
87 KB
87 KB GIF
How long does it take to drive the ring road around Iceland? How much would you guys budget per person for such a trip, excluding airfare and stay in Reykjavik before and after?
>>
>>1530467
Too unspecific a question. You could do it in 4 days if the weather holds up and you drive a lot with only picking up the main sights.
9-10 days is good. for 2 people you can do 1700 EUR without flight and everything else included. But I'd calculate with 2k for 10 days.. (2 persons)
>>
>>1530467
Anyone done these tours:
https://yourdaytours.is/tour/your-south-coast-of-iceland/

Is it worth going with them in winter months? E.g. early March. Scared of driving myself in Iceland Winter.
>>
>>1528454
It's different when you live somewhere and when you travel somewhere. I found the locals I interacted with in HK to not be curious about me. I was just some other foreigner to them. I didn't have any trouble with that in SEA earlier in my trip although Singapore was a lot closer to HK than other countries in that region.
>>
Moving to Prague in two weeks doing a semster as a master student in EE, have been there a couple of times before but not as a student. Any tips on studying and student life in Prague? I will be staying in the Sinkuleho dorm for at least a month or two.
>>
Is there any place in the world that has completely fabricated cultural customs for the sake of making sweet, sweet revenue from tourism dollars?

Like a made-up holiday, festival, etc. that has no historical or cultural significance to the country, but something that some random-ass town just made up to draw attention from tourists? I just have this feeling that some place somewhere in the world has done this sort of thing.
>>
File: 1508025197077.jpg (84 KB, 800x566)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
Like many travelers, I'm thinking of doing a SEA trip. But I don't mean just a trip to Thailand & Philippines and calling it a day, I want to see every SEA country, including lesser traveled countries like Myanmar & Brunei.

If you are/were a west-coast North American (relevant for flights and such), where would you want to start, and where would you want to finish?

>not pictured: Timor-Leste
>>
>>1530825
you might consider not doing EVERYTHING

culturally you can divide asean into a couple areas

thailand/laos/myanmar share a cultural sphere, vietnam is a separate cultural sphere, and the phils/malaysia/indonesia share a cultural sphere that has onyl diverged slightly despite christianity vs islam

if you are tired of the phils, you are probably not going to have much fun going to malaysia or indonesia.

there is a "fouth" sphere (these are arbitrary divisions) in eastern indonesia. the people there are basically still tribal. I am not talking about papua, just fyi. the tribal influence is really cool. probably the last non-african place that people literally still live in tribes just like they did 4k years ago.

indonesia has, by far the best diving and most unspoilt nature. thailand is by far the most developed, and despite that, the nature is decently preserved other than the reefs.

decide the rest yourself my guy
>>
>>1527646
If I travel to Iran or Cuba does that disqualify me from ever getting a job at the federal government ? I was considering taking the FSO test to see how well I do but I also would like to visit those places one day.
>>
>>1530848
The US is such a shit-disturbing country that the answer is "maybe." It's not just Iran and Cuba you should be worried about. Even traveling to Russia, North Korea, or China could put you on the grey list.
>>
>>1530814
Well in Mexico city they never had a parade for the dia de muertos and only started doing one because tourists that have watched that opening scene of that James Bond movie. They even organized some of the original props from the movie.
>>
>>1530814
Almost anything anyone does in India is a scam to get your money. Pretty sure any "culture" you see there is just a ploy to get your rupees.
>>
>>1530364
Get a sleeping bag liner, you can get silk one which are pretty cash. For bonus bug protection treat it with permethrin.
>>
>>1530364
Bed bugs are usually a problem in dirty parts of the world. And in such parts of the world, decent hotels can be had for cheap. That's why I usually stay in hostels in developed countries, and hotels in developing countries.
>>
>>1530901
I do know that their rickshaws drivers, especially ones in Delhi, will make up some bullshit story about Hindus/Muslims/Sikhs/etc. are blocking a street for a holiday or protest, to convince you to take a detour (and maybe stay in a different hotel than you originally intended).
>>
>>1530905
I still got weird bites on my legs after sleeping one night in a 3* hotel in Paris. I had to book last minute because of reasons, the place was terribly rundown, the migrant staff was even ruder than your average parisian, the carpets and tapestry were covered in stains and mold, the walls were paper thin and I still paid more than 100€.
>>
What's the best sex heaven for a Latin American Tourist in Europe?
Not necessary about prostitution but maybe, more interested in meeting Nice girls in General
>>
>>1530902
Many hostels don't allow sleeping bags because chances are you are the one carrying the bugs because you used it at shitty places. If you use it not only will it not protect yourself, you will also carry the bugs with you if you get lucky.
>>
>>1530933
Brothels in Germany.
>>
I want to get a ladyboy and slap her balls. Not hard. Just little pats and squeezes. Enough to hurt a bit, but not enough to linger after the session is done.

Are there any places in Thailand that cater to something slightly strange like this?
>>
>>1531005
You have arisen something inside me that I wasn't aware was there.
Bangkok has what you seek, friend. No pun intended.
>>
>>1530969
I have never had trouble using a sleeping bag liner. If you treat it with permethrin you will be no trouble with bugs. It's an insecticide.
>>
any experiences with chinese customs?
traveling to china on my own and im planning to bring cookies and wine as gifts for the people im staying with. I don't suppose that's illegal but they're still alcohol and dairy products so idk :/
>>
>>1530213
almost every capital in europe has something unique and nice to offer
>>
>>1530970
Besides Germany and Prostitutes...where can I find easy sex as a tourists? You know..trying to scoring with girls etc.

Thanks for the info anon
>>
>>1530905
Bullshit. You can get bed bugs anywhere.
>>
>>1531336
>>1530905

The only time I have ever had issues with bed bugs was in a 5 star hotel in Russia.

How wet/unbearable would Hong Kong be during July? I am use to the insane humidity levels thanks to my hometown, I just don't want it to rain the whole time.
>>
>>1531036
Chinese customs are the strictest you’ll find almost anywhere. They’ll confiscate anything and everything that isn’t expressly permitted.
>>
Best Mayan / nature sights to experience in Quintana Roo or the Yucatan?

Never been before, will be staying in PDC.
>>
Hi every1, am travelling to Manhattan next month and as a Taekwondo/Box fighter, i want to buy some cheap gloves, wraps and equipment. Where do you recommend to buy? Thanks!
>>
Best time to buy airplane ticket to Ireland for the beginning of August? I figure I can fly into the cheapest city from LAX and take a train to my destination.
>>
Just how bad is Air China? I am looking at them for a oneway from SIN>IAD and they are about $250 cheaper than any American or Canadian carrier. The only thing Close to Air China is Saudia, but its twice as long of a flight so I am not going to do that.
>>
>>1531760
literally fine
>>
>>1531738
Hey buddy, I can't help you with that but I want to give you some big kudos. I was the guy giving you shit for your thread, no hard feelings I hope. We're such a slow board that 1-2 days mean nothing but we are glad to help if we can

NY dwellers help this lad out, he's a good one.
>>
>>1531760
Check what plane they have on that flight. Their Dreamliner flights were the best flights I ever had, the older planes were quite bad and the crew was also a bit more bipolar there.
Remember to grab your free hotel/crappy ass lounge at Beijing, or just hit the city if the stopover is more than 8-10 hours.
>>
>>1531036
It's gonna be fine. They only give you shit if it's raw meat or whatever, everything else they don't care about.
I've gone through Chinese immigration many times, they don't care about us. They care more about the Mainlanders smuggling stuff.

>>1531603
Wtf

t. someone who hasn't been to the US or NZ as a visitor
>>
>>1531738
Aren't cheap gloves and wraps surprisingly easy to find? I've managed to find Everlast gloves & wraps in Walmart in some literally-who town.
>>
>>1527646

>24 y/o
>own bakery
>cool to own your own place and do something you love but it's absolutely brutal
>miss my youthful indiscretions of 18-21
>should be able to sell the place for 200k - 250k by 2021
>wanting to travel around North America with my dog in a van/camper afterwards

What vehicle to use, where to go, how to make money stretch as long as possible, how to generally survive on the road - are all questions I have. Any suggestions? I'm envisioning spending a lot of time camping/hiking.
>>
>>1532593
>Where to go
From Texas to Miami following the Atlantic through New York up to halifax, then going west across the lakes from Montreal, Toronto, Niagara falls to BC, then follow the Pacific until San Diego
>>
I'm a dual citizen. I want to visit Thailand for more than 30 days but don't want to be bothered with a visa and all the hassle and fees.

Can I enter Thailand with passport #1, stay for 29 days, leave to a neighboring country, and re-enter Thailand with passport #2? Anyone else have any similar experience?
>>
>>1533568
Hell, you can generally do that with just one passport. It's called a "visa run"; people do this all the time.
>>
What are some feasible middle-eastern destinations? Seems to me that many such countries are expensive, stifling, or warzones.

Everyone and their mother goes to UAE, but they generally stay in Dubai, which is a glorified shopping mall.
Apparently people are also going to Bahrain and Qatar, but once again, expensive.
Almost no one goes to Saudi Arabia except for maybe business reasons, and is considered a "No Fun Allowed" zone.
A lot of people seem to be going to Israel, for whatever reason.

What other countries in that region are worth visiting?
>>
>>1533568
You can do that if you fly in and out, but not on a land border - they check the stamps from the other side.
As mentioned above, if you just need 60 days, you can do it with one passport on land border too. But not many times in a row.
>>
>>1533781
>Lebanon
Beirut is Dubai light, but transport around the country is cheap, and the amount of historical sights spanning literal milennia in such a small country is pretty impressive.
>Jordan
Cheap, more authentic Middle Eastern feel, Petra is amazing, and there are lots of other interesting sights around the country.
>Oman
Haven't been myself, but apparently spectacularly beautiful and also safe.
>Israel and Palestine
Safe for the most part, though very tense atmosphere. Natives aren't very welcoming. Definitely feasible though, and also a lot to see.
>Egypt
Safe-ish (though don't go to Sinai), no tourists because they are afraid of terrorists, which means the prices are at an all time low. You can literally get 14 day Nile cruises for a few hundred dollars.
>Algeria, Tunisa
Not technically Mid-East, but whatever. Safe, cheap, somewhat developed tourism infrastructure.
>Morocco
Tourism industry took a hit with the killing of the Scandi girls, though most would argue it's still a safe country, at least in the cities.
>Iran
Difficult to get in if you're American, but once you get in it's apparently fantastic.
>Turkey
Safe except for the Kurdish areas, REALLY cheap at the moment for various reasons.

Everywhere else is either a glorified shopping mall or a literal warzone. I've been to the Middle East a lot, you can AMA if you want and I'll answer as best I can.
>>
>>1533816
Which country has the best food? The cheapest food? The most interesting food?

Could you possibly give any sort of input on Bahrain, Qatar, or Kuwait?
>>
>>1534108
>Which country has the best food? The cheapest food? The most interesting food?

America for all, you can essentially get any kind of food from anywhere in the world there. So many people move there and just open a shop cooking like they did back home and make a fortune
>>
>>1534112
Yeah, except you have to pay like $10-20 for a pad thai in America instead of $1 in Thailand.
>>
>>1534118
Yeah but at least you can try a multitude of different country dishes.

Surprisingly if you want a runner up Japan, Tokyo is suprisingly varied in dishes from all over the world. It's weird but I never considered a place like japan to have some etheopian food and right next to it a biker bar and then down the street something called whoopie gold burger
>>
>>1534112
>>1534118
>>1534120
What the hell, guys? I was asking about middle eastern food. Why y'all niggas talking about Thailand and Japan, all of a sudden?
>>
>>1534130
> I was asking about middle eastern food.
Then go to london ;^)

Seriously though America has good food easy to get and taste, huge portions too.
>>
>>1533658
>>1533783
I understand you can do visa runs and get two 30 day segments within a year but I was wondering if that time resets once I use a different passport. Thailand probably wasn't the best country to use for this circumstance.

Another hypothetical example could be 90 days in country X. If I stay 89 days in country X with passport #1, could I leave to a neighboring country and return to country X on passport #2 for an additional 90 days?
>>
>>1534149
>Another hypothetical example could be 90 days in country X. If I stay 89 days in country X with passport #1, could I leave to a neighboring country and return to country X on passport #2 for an additional 90 days?

Nigga do you have fucking brain damage? Your passport is linked to you, they will know who you are. Further more, intentionally trying to circumvent immigration is beyond stupid.

You can be dual citizen, they will realize what you are trying to pull via their records, and then ask what the fuck you think you are doing.
>>
>>1534153
You're exaggerating here. A random Thai border guard has absolutely no means to know that John Smith with US passport three months ago and John Smith with Canadian passport now are the same person.
You will be discovered only if the country you are entering takes fingerprints on every crossing, like in the US or EU countries.
>>
>>1534161
Glad computer databases aren't a thing, I guess if he is doing el random bus in though he would squeeze by though
>>
>>1534164
Yeah, IIRC on Thai border they take a photo of you, at least in the airport, that goes to the database so they could probably find out if they have modern software that can detect same faces on photos (which I doubt because neural networks with good enough performace in this area appeared only less than 5 years ago and government bodies aren't exactly known for being on the edge of technological progress).
Many countries still don't take fingerprints or photos, and 10 years ago almost none did. Even those that do don't always enforce that - in Italy and France for example most of the time they don't even bother to scan passports even for non-EU citizens.
>>
>>1534169
>grow a beard
>wear a hat that you can't take off for religious reasons (such as a Sikh turban)
>get photo taken
>push the limits of visa-free stay
>leave the country
>take off turban & shave
>go back in
Your move, law man.
>>
What's the party scene in Banff like? gonna be working there this summer. Also, how does one ballance work, partying, and hiking/backpacking?
>>
>>1534279
>how does one ballance work, partying, and hiking/backpacking?

Jesus christ dude; just call your mom and have her set an itinerary for you. If you cant figure that one out, then just stay home fliping burgers.
>>
>>1534279
I'm going to assume you're not gonna work weekends or statutory holidays.

>work
They give you a set schedule.

>partying
That is usually done on Fridays or Saturdays. Most parts of the world operate this way.

>hiking/backpacking
Sacrifice one of your party days to do this. Saturday or Sunday would be perfect for this.
>>
>>1534108
I'd say Lebanon has the best food, also fairly cheap if you go to the small back-alley eateries instead of fancy restaurants. Oustide of Beirut it will be cheaper and more authentic as well. Mind you, Lebanese cuisine exists all over the Middle East (and indeed the world). Most interesting food, difficult to answer. In Lebanon they have these pizza-like dishes called manoushe (manouche, manqoushe, manaqish, etc, several spellings available), a pita dough with spices and things on top. "Za'atar wa jibne" i.e. za'atar and cheese is like their national dish, za'atar is a thyme-like spice, it's hilariously tasty. "Kibbe" is also very good, it's like a big falafel with meat on the inside. You'll find that everywhere.

>Could you possibly give any sort of input on Bahrain, Qatar, or Kuwait?
I've only been to Qatar. It's okay I guess, expensive, some sort of showroom of a city. The skyscrapers there are built and then just stay vacant because no one wants to rent there, then they build more. Even places that look old, such as the Doha Souq was built recently, just in an old style. It looks impressive, but it has no soul if you ask me. Bahrain and Kuwait are less fancy, but it's still pretty much the same as far as I understand. They're essentially city states with desert around them, though with some sights. If you go, I'd try to find a local to hang with, as they can show you places that they don't write about in the travel guides. In Doha, I couchsurfed with a local dude, he took me to this awesome Yemeni restaurant where we sat on the floor and ate some lamb dish with our hands from a large plate.
>>
I fucking love metros/rapid transit, and I love riding them. Short or long distance, I love 'em all.

What other places in the world have them? Which of them are good, or at least interesting? I've heard that Singapore has a really good system in place. Where else?

I've tried the Shinkansen in Japan, the MTR in Hong Kong, the MRT in Taipei & Kaohsiung, the HSR from Taipei to Kaohsiung, and even the disorganized piece of shit system in Delhi. Growing up in the Vancouver area, a good part of my teenage years, and a little bit of my early adult years, involved the SkyTrain.
>>
>>1527713
>manilla
Enjoy spending your 3 days in traffic
>>
Is there any Australia Sex tourist pests in Africa?
>>
>>1534813
>the most racist people on earth
>willingly having sex with black women
>not just any black women, but the kind with pancake titties, clay in their hair, and lips stretched out by discs
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (285 KB, 1324x1377)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
Guys, I really need help. I'm deeply sorry for asking this but I have no one else that can help me and I'm not that experienced with buying international flight tickets online. It's probably a very dumb question which is why I'm apologizing... So if one of you kind souls can just take a look at this and tell me if it's fine, you'd be making an anon really happy.

On topic - I need to be in Tokyo by April 4th at the latest. I was searching for cheap flight tickets online and came upon a suggestion to use Google and three other websites because apparently they scan everything they can and bring you exactly what you want based on your criteria. So anyway, using Google flights I found a Business class flight from my point of departure (Munich). It goes from Munich to Moscow Domodedovo airport (flight operated by S7 airlines, never heard of them before). Then there's a 20h layover there before departing towards Tokyo (flight then operated by JAL airlines - business class too). Because the price is fairly decent (in my opinion/for my wallet - 1300 Euro approximately) I'm thinking about buying it.

Pic related is how I arrived at their website - found the flight on google then went directly to their website. What are the pitfalls of doing this (if any?) Do you think it's generally safe to buy like this? Any advice? I really don't mind the 20h layover specially because the business class trip from Russia to Japan is with JAL.
>>
>>1534887
Guessing your asking what are the drawbacks on the flight posted, really the only draw back is your time. Not sure what else you are asking really, you put a lot of fluff in that post
>>
>>1534815
I think its is in fact YOU who is racist
>>
>>1534887
tl;dr
>>
>>1534897
I am.
>>
>>1534887
what the absolute fuck is your question
>>
>>1534905
No You. Maybe it is you who should leave then.
>>
>>1530905
I've stayed in cheap hotel / hostel beds in developing countries many many hundreds of times, and the only time for sure there were bedbugs was a traveling workman's dorm in Zimbabwe (very limited lodging there).
>>
>>1534887
>I was searching for cheap flight tickets
>I found a Business class flight
You did something wrong here.
>>
>>1534809
You’ll love Germany. They’re known for their trains
>>
>>1535024
Well, he does have a ridiculously large time gap between flights.
>>
>>1535285
trains here are just OK. if you'd ask a german he probably has mostly bad things to say about the trains in germany.

spain has a really good train system. probably the best in europe. italys is good, too.
>>
Yucatan / Quintana Roo:

Local delicacies
Unmissable nature/historical shit
General advice for 1st timer

*staying in Tulum or PDC

Cheers!
>>
>>1527646
>Trip to Ireland
>Check car rental at the airport
>Read the reviews
How do you do it? I've rented a care a couple of times for vacation and business but after reading these reviews I am always in a shock and stop any planning I am doing. Is every car hire agency a scam? You would think so from the reviews.
Do you usually book through a 3rd party or directly?
>>
>>1530905
I had bedbugs at an overnight stay at a roadside motel in Georgia USA.
>>
>>1535966
>I've rented a care a couple of times for vacation and business but after reading these reviews I am always in a shock and stop any planning I am doing. Is every car hire agency a scam?

Trusting those reviews is fucking retarded since people are retarded. I bet you half those reviews are just grumpy sleepy people from the plane. I've booked cars at an airport, aside from having to wait a bit since they are generally short staffed it's never a big issue
>>
I want to book a flight in to prague and then out of vienna. I know the date I want to fly in, but might want flexibility on the flight out. Flying from detroit.

please help my dumbass, I don't leave this damn glove often.
>>
>>1535780
Are you just going to stay in a resort or you will travel around the region? I don't have much info on Quintana Roo as I spent more time in the other parts of the Yucatan.

So much good food in Mexico. Try not to eat in resort restaurants for all your meals. Find local stalls and eat there if possible. A street food stand with some random pork pieces selling tacos and pozole will be be an amazing place.
>>
>>1535673
Trains in Germany are often late. Whenever I travel in Germany it's quite frequent to see an ICE late by 5, 10, 20 or more minutes. Or just replaced by a slower EC.
>>
>>1536229
Start by skyscanner and google to see what's available. For the flex part you need to carefully look at the terms and see the conditions. Open jaw tickets are generally more expensive and less flexible, so you might be better off getting a round trip ticket to either, and then taking the 4 hour train trip between them.
>>
>>1534813
Yes!
We are everywhere.
I’m in your mums room right now
And my brother is in your mum.
Wanna watch?
>>
Staying in Prague for a week to drink, eat and look at stuff.
Any hidden gems?
>>
File: IMG_2971.jpg (1.48 MB, 3888x2592)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
Is booking a self-transfer (iceland and berlin connections, Wow, Wizz, czech airlines and jetblue) a dumb idea?

On one hand I don't want to worry about one of my flights getting delayed and missing a connection.

On the other hand, the price is half of what I would otherwise pay.
>>
>>1536560
What do you mean by self-transfer?
>>
>>1536565
on skyscanner it says ! Self Transfer. The flights are all on separate tickets and the airlines aren't working together to get me to my destination.

So there's an hour and a half between each flight, but if something gets delayed two hours, I would need to re-book.

There's something about a travel agent working to help me out, but I don't know if skyscanner means they're working with agents, or if I'm supposed to find myself an agent to help out if something goes wrong.
>>
>>1536560
1.5 hours is way too risky, I wouldn't buy it especially if the second leg is long. I often do such self-transfer with 1 day layover in some city.
>>
>>1536577
Skyscanner just shows you the possibilities, they don't sell tickets. If you can get it all on the same ticket through an agent then good, you are covered. But on separate tickets I wouldn't risk a short transfer. From where to where were you planning on flying exactly?
>>
Looking for the best bang for your buck places to visit in eastern europe for a burger. I'm looking to get fucked up and bang Qt3.14 girls. I don't give a shit about museums or sights. Plus I hate night clubs. Somewhere with good food and beer, easy to score weed.
>>
>>1534809
Switzerland, especially Zurich has an impressive (sub)urban rail system.
>>
>>1536614
>I'm looking to get fucked up and bang Qt3.14 girls. I hate night clubs.

stay home then, its not gonna happen
>>
>>1536614
Go to Vegas instead, seriously there enough Euros and Strailia cunts there looking for dick
>>
>>1536906
I live in Reno. Fuck Vegas. I might want to buy one of these fine young firm specimens to bring home as a souvenir. I'm not going to get that in vegas
>>
>>1536614
Hot girls in EE know their value, they make you work for it even if they're very interested.

For quick trips where you bang lots of girls just go to central europe instead. Go to Warsaw, get an Airbnb and tell all the girls you just moved there or you're going to stay for a long time.
>>
>>1528232
The two countries in question are worlds apart in any comparable category. Culture, history, geography, history, language, even their life outlooks. What is it you see in these countries that make you desire to visit them so much.

I also don't think its a good strategy to go somewhere alone for the first time in an area thats either a) in an economic crisis and is in constant tension with the Syria situation and Armenia or b) an area that is know for tourism and is likely to take advantage of your lack of street smart / inexperience.
>>
Is it worth visiting Vietnam if the ONLY thing you're interested in is the mausoleum of Ho Chi Minh? Assuming you'll spend a week or two in Thailand.
>>
>>1537413
After a moment of reflection on the toilet, I realised I worded my post poorly. I just copied my post from the Cambodia thread and changed a few words. I know there's more than enough in Hanoi to keep me entertained, but the mausoleum is really the main reason why I'm going. How's the mausoleum?
>>
>>1536577
Do self transfers imply you have to pass customs between flights?
>>
File: fast-track[1].gif (9 KB, 279x143)
9 KB
9 KB GIF
Just found out since November 2018, all Visa applications for China have to be done IN PERSON in London and costs £175. Literallyconsidering changing my whole summer plans because of this.
Anyone know if there's any easier way to get a visa? I'll be going to some Balkan countries soon, will the Chinese embassies there be willing to process a visa for a UK passport?
>>
I'm planning to go to Toronto. Will I be able to do anything or the weather is too bad right now?
>>
>>1537483
I think you can just mail your visa to a visa processing application company and they go there in person and do it for you. It’s what I did in the US and it cost like $50. But better than driving 8 hours one way and doing it myself.
>>
Spending two nights in hk and one in shanghai in April. any suggestions for cheap grub and nightlife?
>>
>>1537601
>cheap grub
literally everywhere in HK. Do not fear about food safety, you're less likely to be sick than from a hot dog cart or kebab joint, and everything is delicious.

>nightlife
the usual: google LKF, Wan Chai, Star St, there are decent bars in TST around Prat avenue too. HKers are living in shoebox apartments so they basically live outside, they eat and drink before commuting home, hence a wide selection available until late at night.

Where will you stay?
>>
Why do so many backpackers take their huge backpack with them to restaurants or tourist sights? Whenever I find myself carrying my backpack I search a hotel asap. The less you carry that shit around the better.
>>
>>1537483
Go to Cambodia first, organise the visa through an agency there. Cheaper and quicker and obviously not in person
>>
>>1538472
they are attentionwhores
>>
>>1536560
Is it possible to do a self transfer in a country that would require you to have a visa?
>>
>>1538472
Sometimes people are in a city without staying overnight. Usually I leave my backpack in a locker in such cases, but some countries such as USA are notorious for absolute lack of lockers.
>>
>>1537483
I just got a China visa in Hong Kong in November.
>>
>>1538472
Eating lunch before boarding a train to their next destination.
>>
I’m in Laos and I keep seeing playing cards (nine of diamonds, king of hearts etc) on the floor everywhere, anybody know why? I thought maybe it’s part of the little shrines and offerings you see but I haven’t actually seen any on there. I’m fucking mystified so if anybody knows I’d be grateful.
>>
>>1538526
It’s a backpackers travel game,travellers leave them littered around for other travellers to pick up and get a full deck.
Personally I think it’s stupid, but others take it seriously
>>
>>1538529
Well that just seems very obnoxious, thanks for the info though I guess. Some cunt over here really needs to calm down with it because I’ve seen whole decks scattered about and to me it looks a lot like litter.
>>
File: 1419950760416.png (75 KB, 500x372)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>1538529
I'm afraid to ask, but what other kind of backpacker "games" are there?
>>
>>1537671
Thanks. Haven’t booked lodging yet, but probably gonna stay at rainbow lodge hostel in TST
>>
I have a 14 hour layover in Amsterdam on my way home.

What's there to do other than drugs (not opposed to trying them but don't want to risk getting fucked up and missing my plane)?
>>
Question for those of you who bought (actually *bought*, not rented/borrowed/stolen/etc.) a motorcycle and went on a long-distance trip in a foreign continent: What did you do with the bike after you were done?
>>
>>1540344
I found a Facebook group and sold it to the first dude that contacted me.
>>
>>1540102
Do drugs
>>
Going to Paris for a week. What are some MUST EAT cheeses ?
>>
>>1540551
dickcheese
>>
>>1540555
Yeah baby that's what I'm talking about. Great answer
>>
>>1537601
7-11 and 141s
>>
File: 1475424100102.jpg (175 KB, 1000x701)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
How do I make the most of a trip without planning much? I'm an all-work-no-play guy and this opportunity came up as a surprise.

I'm meeting a friend in slovakia and we're doing budapest, london and prague (bratislava is base city, staying in others 2-4 days each). This is my first time really traveling since I was 8.

between opportunity coming up as a surprise/immediately booking a plane ticket and departure were 2 weeks (I've got one week left) but I've worked a 12 hour shift every day, and have usual errands to fill the rest of my day. I literally haven't done any research, except I know budapest has bathhouses and prague has a couple pieces of art I wanna see.
>>
>>1542356
* I'm just worried it'll turn into "get drunk at pub, waste day hungover" if I don't have some idea of what I'm looking for. But I haven't had time to even think about what that is, other than washing off the last few weeks of work. I don't mind having a beer, but I hate drinking even one or two more than once or twice a month.
>>
>>1527646
How do you guys feel about singapore?
>>
>>1542358
The best part is the airport
>>
>>1542362
I am flying out of there, and I can spend anywhere from 5-2 days there. I am currently planning on 3.5. Do you think thats too much?
>>
>>1542365
After one full day you'll very quickly start being limited on things to do unless you're filthy rich.
It's doable though if you focus each day on a certain part/neighborhood.
>>
Where do I eat in Strasbourg?
>>
>>1542380
Singaport has enough interesting places to see for 4-5 days even if you are on a very limited budget. I was there for 5 days and every day I went to different places, and there're some places that I haven't been to (for example, Pulau Ubin).
>>
File: cat think.jpg (100 KB, 1024x768)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>1527646
are thongs allowed or appropriate on western american beaches?
I'm going to los angeles and have never seen an american wear one so I am unsure if I have to buy "trunks"
I am a male btw if it was not obvious
>>
>>1542712
Allowed, but it will be assumed you are homosexual. Google the beach prior to see if it's frequented mostly by families or by young people
>>
>>1542749
>if it's frequented mostly by families or by young people
I don't understand. Why?
>>
>>1542712
What shithole country could you possible be from if you own thongs but not "trunks"?
>>
Any source for weed in jakarta?
>>
File: esc_israel.png (13 KB, 842x595)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
Will it be easier getting into Israel during the ESC when I have stamps from half the Middle East in my passport, including Lebanon and Iran? I don't care about the metrosexuals singing and dancing on stage, I just want to get in without too much hassle.
>>
>>1542755
Less acceptable at family beach, more at latter
>>
File: island-hopping.jpg (28 KB, 700x465)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Good places with an infrastructure to island hop?

Like small (but many and frequent) ferries, cheap rental boats, or small enough distances to sea kayak safely. I'm from Maine, and other than a few exceptions you pretty much need to own a boat to get around. And forget about it during winter.
I'm seeing places like Fiji, Caribbean, and Scotland (?) as decent places but if you guys have any recommendations I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>1543074
I imagine Greece can be good.
>>
>>1543074
Maldives
>>
>>1543074
>Caribbean
Lol no, there are very few ferries in the Caribbean, it's much much easier to fly between most islands.
Good places to island hop are Philippines, Indonesia, Japan, Greece, Canary islands.
>>
>>1542356
>ow do I make the most of a trip without planning much? I'm an all-work-no-play guy and this opportunity came up as a surprise.

By actually planning. You don't have to fucking detail out every slight thing you will do, but put down shit as "points of interest". I generally put down a Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night schedule, with 3 or 4 things I would like to do for each part. I'll usually only end up doing 2 or so of them but overall I still had each part of my day filled and with something to do.

>I'm just worried it'll turn into "get drunk at pub, waste day hungover"
Best advice for this is plan something like a show to go see or something. You can get a coffee in the morning and some hangover food then just chill the rest of the day. Alternatively, just plan what dates you plan to go hard and drink a shit load of water+take vitamins the night after you finish
>>
>>1540555
hell to the yeah
>>
Anyone know some picturesque spots in Prague?
>>
>>1543358
The gardens up near the castle and the congress centre has a nice view.
>>
From personal experience: Ireland in March, yay or nay?
>>
>>1538729
When everyone is sleepign you put your finger up ones but and then the next morning everyone else has to guess who's butt it is.
>>
I have really nice abs, where can I go to show them off
>>
>>1527646
1500€
where do I go? starting beginning of march?
>>
>>1544079
To a brothel.
>>
>>1544070
on my face
>>
File: electronicspromo_1.jpg (71 KB, 1540x800)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
My Google-fu is finding contradictory info. Anybody know what the situation is? Will be flying US-Dubai-Kuwait and return.
>>
File: 1549761824184.jpg (45 KB, 400x225)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
How many clothes should I pack for a two-week trip where I will have some access to a laundry machine. Going to central Europe.
>>
>>1544882
I would say at least 5 days' worth. Any less, you would be subject to more frequent washings, which is not fun. You can further reduce your packing if you only bring 1 extra pair of pants; unlike other kinds of clothing, pants last surprisingly long between washes.
>>
What mode of transportation is the most ideal balance of cost + convience when traveling through several US states? Bus? Train? Good old fashioned car?
>>
>>1545078
Depends where, for instance, there is a bus line that does primarily New England but it is neither reliable nor convenient.
A rental car, taxi, or lift/uber is really the only way to go. And I only recommend rental.
>>
>>1545078
If you want to travel between big cities only then bus will be much cheaper.
Forget about trains, they are 10x more expensive than buses, it would be cheaper to fly even short distance.
>>
Will be in Melbourne for like 4 days? What to do?
>>
>>1545251
pingas at revs
>>
>>1545284
Not a junkie. Down for sceneries and whores though.
>>
I'm a midget (1.65 m; 5'5'').
Is there any country in the world where women would sleep with me without financial compensation?
>>
>>1545361
>1.65m
>midget
Found the larping bitter virgin 1.90m incel.
>>
>>1545373
I'll admit to being a bitter virgin, but I'm not larping. I always figured if I just work on improving myself and becoming a decent person, stuff would fall into place and eventually some girl would be attracted to me. But it's clearly not the case.

And now I'm getting older. All my friends are getting married or are in long-term relationships. Most of the time I can keep the negative emotions away, but sometimes it just gets to me. Today is one of those days.

I haven't traveled in a long time because I haven't had the time. But I'm considering going on a trip this summer. If you know of a place where my height wouldn't be an insurmountable obstacle that'd be nice.

Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>1545381
You're taller than most females. Don't you realize that if you were 185cm you'd still be the same bitter virgin?
>>
>>1545397
>You're taller than most females.
I'm really not. I think maybe I've met two women my age that were shorter than me. But it doesn't really matter because all women I've ever met have height requirements I can't meet.

>Don't you realize that if you were 185cm you'd still be the same bitter virgin?
I doubt it. If I were 185 cm tall, I'm almost 100% sure I would get matches on Tinder. Two of my female friends have also told me to my face that they would fuck me if I were taller.

I would like some advice here. I want to travel to a country where my height would not be a massive issue for women. I'm open to go wherever, really. Preferably not someplace that's really unsafe, but if it's unavoidable that's ok. Bonus points for cheap motorcycle rentals and hiking opportunities.
>>
>>1545406
You have two choices. Stay in your basement and browse /r9k/ and remain a bitter virgin. Or man up and stop being a faggot, go outside, and fuck girls.

But you're a larping 1.90m incel anyway. At least make your lies more transparent, 1.65m is taller than the average female. Otherwise I'd ask you what country you are from, fly over there, and fuck bitches just to show you how wrong and stupid you are.
>>
>>1545406
>If I were 185 cm tall, I'm almost 100% sure I would get matches on Tinder.
Lol, how would the girl see your height in Tinder? You can put only face/shoulder photos there.
>>
>>1545409
I'm 165 cm, and I'm from Norway. Feel free to come here and prove me wrong. I'd welcome it. Nothing really works for me. I've tried everything.
>>
>>1545423
I put my height in my profile... it's a dealbreaker for women. I don't want to have to experience their disappointment irl.
Do you have any recommendations, though?
>>
I have about 6 weeks to travel Eastern Europe. Should I stay at the following countries an equal amount of time or favor one more or less heavily?
>Poland
>Czech Republic
>Hungary
>Romania
>Austria
>Croatia
>Montenegro
>>
>>1545425
>I've tried everything
Every time one of you /r9k/ faggots says this it actually means
>I have never asked a girl out or made any effort to get girls
>>
>>1545361
SEA
>>
Redpill me on Singapore. Landed hours ago and got 40+ tinder matches. Im not an attractive person. Are these all just phillipinos who want a white guy? Are Singaporeans just Chinese? Would I do well in China? Japan has been honestly pretty difficult for me and now Singapore is making me think.
>>
What do you guys use to book flights in the US? Does it even matter?
>>
>>1546289
I use what ever combo site like expedia to find flights then i buy directly from airlines to save money. Sky scanner helps to find cheap flights by visually comparing them by month.
>>
>>1528132
Seconded. All I could think was "this is the Mexico of Asia."

Some decent beach islands but better to be found in Thailand and Caribbean.
>>
>>1546289
Southwest.com

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.