[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: orlando-lp.jpg (364 KB, 940x426)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
Is this a decent place to live? A lot of people shit on flordia in general and but usually don't give concise reasons. I know traffic is bad. I'm from pittsburgh and fucking hate it here, I want hot weather and 76 theme parks.
>>
>>1504406
I live in Orlando and all I can say is god no. The pay here doesn't go up because of the eternal mouse, housing is expensive and it's cheaper to lease a top end Alfa Romeo than average rent here.
Also fuck off yank we are full.
>>
>>1504406
I live in Orlando and it's not terrible, although I moved from Houston so the climate isn't all that different.

Seconding the other anon, the last thing we need is another fucking Yankee.

>>1504408
Wanna hit Disney with me sometime, friendo?
>>
>>1504408
Didn't look expensive whenever I looked at apartments, at least in a lot of the places that aren't technically orlando but in that area. And don't use british insults, I don't like that kind of language

>>1504447
I just want to hang out at parks and look at palm trees listening to vaporwave, in shorts in december. I'm not bringing anyone with me and I' white if that helps, I hear it's pretty diverse down there
>>
>>1504406

Are you crazy ? Have you heard of hurricanes ? If one starts building in the carribean, you'll go days wondering if you should get out. By the time they hurricane trackers say "yes, it will hit Florida", it's too late. Half the population will be on I-95 heading North. But you know what ? It won't just take hours to reach the state border, it will take days. Even then it doesn't matter since you'll still be on the coast. Florida is easy target for every tropical storm.

Here's something else to know: years ago there would coastal flooding once or twice a year from extraordinary high tides. This now happens 30-40 times a year because the rise in sea level caused by arctic ice melt and ocean warming.

The ocean warming means an increase in the number and severity of tropical storms/hurricanes.

Florida is a bad place to consider for a residence.

Look at the videos from this years hurricanes but especially at Hurricane Maria and what happened in Puerto Rico. Hurricane Maria in P.R. is a preview of what will happen increasingly in Florida and the Carolinas.

Good luck.
>>
>>1504447
Nah, I've been to Disney about 4 times this month. Plus I've been working in Buena Vista all month I absolutely don't want to be there for work.
>>1504460
>British insults
Down south that refers to people from the northeast. There is a driving hate of people from that part of the United States for good reason. But rent in Orlando for a area you won't get shot or stabbed in is about $1300/month. I live in ocoee and rent that's not in North ocoee is about $1200 for a studio.
>>
>>1504465
I am a poorfag that probably won't end up down there for a whiiilllleeeee, let alone owning any house or anything if I get down there. Will just be a studio apartment.

I hear you on hurricanes, that probably sucks, at the same time, so does living in pittsburgh 365 days a year, and people somehow deal with the hurricanes. Could I pick somewhere else? probably, but I want theme parks + weather and in 7 lifetimes I would not have enough money for Anaheim
>>
>>1504469
yeah I realized after, forgot the civil war happened. I'm assuming with the 1300 a month for not getting stabbed, you are just including anywhere thats "orlando" as in 20 minutes from orlando/theme park distance. I dont know how crime operates outside of here, suburbs.
>>
>>1504465
>t. yank
When Irma passed over my house we where outside playing handegg. After morning came we where water skiing through streets with my buddy's lifted truck. If you aren't stupid you have a house that is built to code you will be just fine through a cat 5.
>>
Anywhere other than that area in the country that you guys would recommend for an incel manchild that doesn't have a California money?
>>
>>1504474
Nope. Thats areas about a 30 mins from Disney and about 20 mins downtown if there isn't traffic which there alawys is since it's Orlando.
>>
>>1504479
know anything about sanford? youtuber I used to watch mentioned living there for not much, was well under a grand and didnt look that bad
>>
>>1504406
fuck off carpetbagger, keep you and your policies in place and don't go shitting up decent parts of the country with them like west/central florida.
>>
>>1504465
The only people who need to evacuate are those who live on barrier islands. Just because the kikes living in Palm Beach all leave doesn't mean they need to.
>>
>>1504406
Orlando is a hellhole for living, try Southwest Florida instead. It's the fastest growing area in the US I think and a lot more young people are moving there these days.
>>
Orlando actually is a pretty rough place. There’s homeless people sleeping on the sidewalk, obvious crack heads and dealers about, and they lock the bathroom doors at fast food places. I honest to god saw someone shit their pants there because of this, I know because I went in after and saw his shitty boxers in the trash can. I was going to stay the night and maybe do a day at Disney but I just kept going north to Jacksonville after I saw how fucked up a town Orlando was.
>>
>>1504644
We've got a homeless problem all over the state. It's because it never really gets cold in the winter, so they tend to migrate here from around the country. Jax's climate is more like the South than tropical, so they may have less of a problem than central and south Florida
>>
>>1504519
>>1504519
You better work in Sanford then. Civilization and most of the work in orange/Seminole county is south of Sanford. I-4 is like driving in mad Max at best a parking lot at worse. It's the most dangerous road in America for a reason.
>>
>>1504644
>>1504469

I can't make heads or tales on whether a place is dangerous, is actually valid. Like in pittsburgh the crime rate is apparently higher than NYC, but 90% of my time is in the suburbs and other places surrounding it. I feel like anywhere I spit out is "dont go there it's a shithole" , and that no one wants to live anywhere in the US. Suggestions for nice places are always extremely vague places with nothing obvious about it for wanting to be there, or incredibly expensive. Feels like if I dont pick a different "hellhole" that I will remain here forever

>>1504523
I dont know what that means, chill out. I leave the the house to vote for trump
>>
Florida here...

Orlando is a cool-to-visit/shit-to-live tier place. As you are well aware, Florida is not a normal place, so it's much harder to have an average middle class lifestyle than other places.
>>
>>1504406
I'm from Tampa, now live in Pittsburgh. Penn hills/Monroeville area.
Orlando suuucks.everything is over priced because of the theme parks, plus theres not as much night life/things to do, compared to Tampa.

Either is better than Pittsburgh, they chose everything down at 8pm lol
Housing and overall prices are much better in Tampa and being Between Orlando and Clearwater gets the best of both worlds
>>
I couldn't imagine living in Florida and not be in a place that at least has enjoyable features like Tampa or the Miami area AND you have to live next to Disney.

I'm from Tampa couldn't imagine going to Florida and start from scratch, I only go back because I know people. Go to Arizona
>>
File: IMAG2364_2.jpg (2.08 MB, 4000x3000)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB JPG
>>1504406
Been living in Orlando for 2 years next to downtown....

It's a pretty generic city outside of the theme parks. It would be flooded with old people if it wasn't for UCF/Valencia. Don't really have much good or bad to say other than that. I never go to i-drive or the theme parks so no comment there. I-4 construction is a year behind schedule and $100 million over budget, but it's getting there. Still the deadliest section of highway in the US.

>>1504644
Disregard this poster. The homeless hang around downtown and E. Colonial for the most part. You'll see them at most major intersections too, but that's about it. There's only two fast food places that I know that lock their bathrooms and all you have to do is ask for the key...

Crime is mostly an issue in lower income neighborhoods (dur) which means south of w colonial and basically all of orange blossom trail so I would avoid those places. Other than that I wouldn't be worried about going anywhere in Orlando if you're not looking for trouble.

>>1504469
>But rent in Orlando for a area you won't get shot or stabbed in is about $1300/month

how white of you to say
>>
>>1505379
>how white of you to say
Orlando is ghetto as fuck outside the theme park. Just because you’re a nigger who probably moved there from Detroit dosnt change this fact.
>>
>>1505381
Don't be ridiculous, he's probably a spic who moved from San Juan
>>
>>1504465
>Hurricane
>Central Florida
>>
>>1505381
You haven't actually been to central Orlando, the rundown areas of International Drive around the theme parks aren't an accurate showing of the city as a whole. Not that it isn't a boring as fuck place, but it's not even close to the most dangerous or most run down major city in the state.
>>
>>1505449
I agree. Orlando has its bad spots,like any city. But not as bad as larger cities, if you can call Orlando a city. Tampa has much rougher areas. But I've never had any trouble, anywhere
>>
File: IMAG1263.jpg (3.18 MB, 3000x4000)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB JPG
>>1505381
Not hard to list off sterile upper middle class areas around Orlando if that's what you're into.

I'm white btw before you start with the /pol/ fuckery
>>
Are theme parks expensive to visit all the time or no? I know you buy resident passes and stuff
>>
>>1504477
If you want hot weather, i'd say Charleston, New Orleans or Austin

If you can handle the cold, midwestern cities like Milwaukee and Minneapolis can be pretty based
>>
>>1506357
A resident gold pass for Disney is about $600/year, and Universal's a little cheaper. Basically if you go more than 5 times in a year then it's paid for itself. It's worth it you want to go once or twice a month.
>>
>>1506399
Jesus.. they're up to 600 now? When I left Tampa about 10 years ago, they were 250ish
>>
>>1506409
The weekday passes are in the $300-$400 range I think, but I work M-F, so that doesn't work for me
>>
>>1505379
Whatever you say my dude I've lived in Ocoee for 17 years. I can tell you Orlando has gone downhill in that time. And the worst part is this blight keeps migrating west. As my employment involves shutting people's power off for not paying their bills the blight in Orlando goes into East Apopka all the way down south to Kissimmee. And the west part of town it's pretty close. Don't get me wrong there are nice areas in Orlando but the majority of Orlando is a dive.
>>
>>1506779
Most cities are dives. The "nice part" of every city is almost always a suburb
>>
>>1506409
nuevo "americans" are dumb, and pay their entire gardening salary for dumb shit, inflating costs

further, orlando gets traffic from the entire planet. kind of like other globalized places, you have people from every country going there, prices inflate, companies make more money, and particularly locals get fucked by 'nonracist' globalism
>>
>>1505379
>heh, you don't like getting shot, you must be white
keep pushing this meme, please. you're helping to re-elect trump

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.