[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I'll immigrate to Poland, Warsaw next month. What do I expect? Are the locals friendly?
>>
>>1503832

Yeah, pretty nice. Expect wpierdol.
>>
>>1503832
It depend or what dzielnica you will be living and what you will be working. Ive heard about some unfriendly behaviour at mokotów but otherwise warsaw is pretty safe.
>>
i'll be arriving in a month and a half. wanna show me around faggot?
>>
>>1503832
>Are the locals friendly?
That depends on where you are coming from
>>
>>1504021
Actually I'm polish diaspora and want to go back. I was born in a different country.
>>1503926
Why?
>>
I'm in Wroclaw right now, beautiful city. The people can be hit or miss, for the most part though everyone is friendly. Not everyone though.

side note - Anyone know what route I need to go through if I wanted to buy a property/flat here?

I don't speak Polish and I'm having trouble locating a real estate agent.
>>
>>1504289
t. mutt
>>
>>1504332
Look for Mieszkania in google search.
>>1504373
Nope, 100% polish blood.
Why so angry?
>>
>>1504289
An absolute nutcase. At least make sure you have a fat stack of dollars before you do that. Even then, might as well pick an actually sunny country.
>>1504332
Assuming you're not from the EU: you don't need any permit whatsoever to buy an apartment - but only an apartment. No business venues and no houses with land attached. Look for the word "nieruchomości", it means "real estate". Or "deweloper" - self explanatory, and it's very common to buy flats straight from them, cutting out any agents. Secondary market real estate is mostly sold through private ads on the internet, just google and you'll find a ton of websites hosting them.
>>
>>1504289
You're an idiot, but it's okay, at least you'll have somewhere to run back home to.
>>
>>1504709
Why am I an idiot?
>>
>>1503832
They are really friendly, but I don't know if they will be friendly when they won't understand you
>>
>>1504332
Foreigner who speaks a bit of Polish here - buying a flat can be a real pain in the ass. Depends very much on the condition of the flat, if you need to have some works done and what kind of housing company there is. Depending on the city where you live buying a flat can be very reasonable, even if you're only planning on staying for a few years and sell it later.
>>
>>1504747
Thank you. Do you live in Poland currently?

I'm willing to spend up to $100k. Not really sure how good of an apartment that can get me.

I would like to just have a studio (30-50 m2) within 10 minutes of the market square. Not really sure if that's possible with my budget.

I also want something in an older building, not some brand new cheap apartment complex they are throwing up everywhere.

I've only been in Wroclaw, but I hear Lodz is nice too, hasn't been too westernized yet. I don't think I would buy in Krakow or Warsaw.
>>
What are your plans when you move there? Do you have a job lined up already?

I'm also a Pole who lives abroad, although I was born in Poland so when I go back I blend in as if I was born there. I thought about going back for a little bit but without a job offer I wouldn't want to. There's just so much negativity in the country.
>>
>>1504758
Yea, unfortunately I do not have a job offer and I do not speak Polish yet so it would be hard to find one, currently. My only current dilemma.

I have about 140k saved up. So if I spent 80-100k on a place, I'd still have 40-60k to live on for 2 or so years. I believe property values are going to rise significantly in Poland over the next decade and after a few years I could probably sell and make a decent amount of money.
>>
>>1504770
My parents have invested in properties in Poland. They had 3 apartments in Szczecin and sold a couple and now still have 1 in Szczecin plus 1 more in Lodz. Prices have not really shot up very high in Poland, they've gone up obviously but it hasn't been a dramatic increase like in many western cities (looking at you Sydney, London, New York, Vancouver). I doubt prices will go up very fast, westerners are somewhat skeptical about investing in Polish properties, so the only ones doing so have some connection to the country, either married to a Pole or friends with some...

You're talking about 140k in USD I assume. Apartments in Warsaw are the most expensive in the country so for 100k you'll either get something tiny in the city or will live in a suburb far away. Traffic there is notoriously bad so good luck with this part of your move, choose wisely.

Getting jobs should be easy if you speak fluent English. Lots of schools will hire you, not that they will pay well but they will give you something. You might earn more doing private tutoring. Do you have a degree or qualifications in anything? How old are you? Learning Polish will take a while as well, it's a difficult language grammar wise.
>>
>>1504770
>I do not have a job offer and I do not speak Polish
So why the fuck are you going? Is this some alt-right delusional dream about white women falling for you? Have you even checked if you will get a visa? Nation states generally have a hard time with foreign larpers. Also: enjoy the pollution. Poland has the worst air in Europe. You will literally shorten your life.
>>
>>1504781
>why?
Because I can and why not?

And I can't lie the women are very pretty here. Very rarely do I ever see obese land whales so common in the US and western europe. So that is definitely a plus.

Also, air may be shittier, but the food quality is better in Poland. Cost of living is infinitely better also.
>>
>>1504791
>food quality is better in Poland
Elaborate please.
>>
>>1504780
I wouldn't want anything in Warsaw or Krakow. If I did decide to buy it would be in Wroclaw or Lodz. Maybe Poznan or another mid range city. I'm 30. I looked into teaching english after the first time I visited Poland a few years ago. But I hear that job market is so over saturated with Westerners it's not even worth it to try. Maybe that could've worked 10-20 years ago.

Did you have any properties in East Germany? Because I hear property values there have sky rocketed the past decade. I think what happened there will happen in Poland. I also think Westerners are going to continue flooding into Eastern Europe since it is much safer than Western Europe, pushing up the property value.

plus not to mention Poland's economy is one of fastest growing in Europe. Companies are investing in this country.
>>
>>1504791
>the food quality is better in Poland

Yikes! Where are you from? Mongolia?
>>
>>1504798
>elaborate
it tastes just as good, if not better. it's cheaper, and it doesn't make you sick.
>>
>>1504805
>continue flooding into Eastern Europe since it is much safer than Western Europe

Oh FFS get a reality check. Are you Stefan Molyneux? There is literally nothing solid in that statement. People are not "flooding" into Eastern Europe now, and they won't be doing it later. The flow goes in the other direction.
>>
>>1504791
Confirmed larping USfag
You're in for a rude awakening, kid. Reality... it is not what you think it is.
>>
>>1504815
United States. Where the average BMI is 28.4 and it is common to see obese people walking around with shit stains on their shorts.
>>
>>1504820
do you know the definition of larping? How am I larping? I am simply traveling in Poland, inquiring about possibly investing in this country. And I am in for a rude awakening, how?
>>
>>1504821
I believe you are the polack that has been posting Poland vs London crime stats for aeons now. You've upped your game (a tiny bit) but you are still obvious. No american will post the average BMI of their countrymen. One question remains: how much is the polish tourism ministry paying you?
>>
>>1504826
see >>1504827

obvious Krysztof is obvious
>>
>>1504818
Yea but that flow of emigration is reversing.

https://www.economist.com/europe/2017/08/26/eastern-europes-wave-of-emigration-may-have-crested
>>
>>1504834
crested =/= reversed
Also: Brexit
>>
>>1504816
The same food products in Poland and Western Europe have been found to contain more chemicals and additives in the Polish versions.

https://www.theguardian.com/inequality/2017/sep/15/europes-food-apartheid-are-brands-in-the-east-lower-quality-than-in-the-west

Often times we think that produce in Poland might taste better because we compare vegetables/fruits that were picked and sold by a local farmer compared to mass produced and under-ripe produce picked in fields thousands of km's away. When you go to Poland in the winter, the tomatoes on store shelves will taste just as bad as the ones in Walmart year round. There are of course certain things that they do better in Poland, bread and other baked goods I would say are better, but overall the food variety is very small and the cuisine simple and boring.

>>1504821
This has nothing to do with food quality. There are also a lot of people in America who are health freaks. A lot of body builders, a lot of people who only eat organic, etc. The obesity epidemic is just a life choice. I find that in Poland there's an opposite negative health issue when it comes to food, mostly for women, where being even slightly overweight has very negative connotations.

https://wolnosc24.pl/2017/08/13/coraz-wiecej-mlodych-polakow-cierpi-na-anoreksje/
>>
>>1504821
It is so obvious that you are the desperate polack that tries to bring up stats to boost the morale of your miserable countrymen, yet failing.
" 58.6% of the adult population (> 20 years old) in Poland were overweight and 25.3% were obese"
http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/243317/Poland-WHO-Country-Profile.pdf?ua=1

Average BMI 24.8 = overweight
>>
>>1504851
more:

food quality ranking one of the lowest in Europe
https://foodsecurityindex.eiu.com/Index
>>
>>1504849
That's funny you say that about Polish women. Because from what I've seen I can't even count the amount of times I see these skinny girls walking around eating these big freakin glazed donut looking things for breakfast lunch and dinner. These donut shops usually have a 30 ft long line to get some glazed donut, mostly women.

I don't really think Polish people care, health wise, about what they eat. Yet, they are all skinny, why?

And why is the United States so much fatter? I dunno, I haven't researched this to back up these claims. But I'd also surmise that United States also has much higher rates of inflammation, arthritis, IBD, IBS, etc... than Eastern European nations. I think the grain in the United States has been so modified the past 50 years it has done something to the point where it cannot be processed properly by a large subset of the population, resulting in massive obesity and health issues.

The United States is the sickest country on the planet. And I don't think you can simply pin this on "over eating." I think the food supply in the US is tainted, especially the grain.
>>
File: crime_munich_warsaw.png (86 KB, 1094x751)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>1504805
>Westerners are going to continue flooding into Eastern Europe since it is much safer than Western Europe

I'm trying to understand why east euros are always so delusional. What you said is factually false in every single way possible. The crime rate in eastern European countries such as Poland and Hungary are 5-10 times more than in the west. This is a fact. Why are you lying?

Let's be generous here, I will give you a Polish city where the crime rate is only 2-3 times worse than in Germany. But go to a place like Hungary and it will be 10 times worse.
>>
>>1504852
how is that ranking affordability? I can go to a gourmet restaurant in the market square of one of the best cities in Poland with a guest and pay 30 dollars for the total bill. That would cost twice as much for the same thing in the United States. And in a country like France or England, who even knows.
>>
File: poland2.jpg (152 KB, 1223x826)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>1504856
You are delusional.
>>
>>1504859
Going to need a source on that, especially on all those multiple terror attacks in Iceland and Finland.
>>
>>1504805
If Poland is so great to live in, why are there always more and more Polish girls working as prostitutes in Germany?
>>
>>1504856
I'm all for calling out MUH COUNTRY STRONK cancer but come the fuck on, these aren't even crime statistics, that's a "do you worry about x, y/n" poll, sourced from fucking numbeo. This is about trust levels in the society, not actual danger.
>>
>>1504857
>how is that ranking affordability?
How is it ranking the shifting of goalposts?

>30 euros total bill
Normal central and southern European price for the same experience, and with less selection available in Poland. Get out more

>>1504859
Apples and oranges you fucking retard. Outlier crime has very little to do with general violent crime rate. IE you are more likely to win jackpot at a fucking lottery than be killed by terrorists. You are way less likely to win at lottery than get in a drunken bar fight. Do I really have to explain these things to you, you fucking child?
>>
>>1504859
Unsauceable image. And completely moronic. Icelandic terror attacks? Did they just Photoshop while drunk?
>>
>>1504873
https://csis.carto.com/builder/60931f8e-9bcb-11e6-98fa-0e05a8b3e3d7/embed?state=%7B"map"%3A%7B"ne"%3A%5B20.2209657795223%2C-44.384765625%5D%2C"sw"%3A%5B68.2042121888185%2C63.89648437500001%5D%2C"center"%3A%5B49.75287993415023%2C9.755859375000002%5D%2C"zoom"%3A4%7D%7D

It is a map of all terrorist attacks in Europe from 2012-2015. Including native population terror attacks. That's why you see Ireland with so many because of the IRA.
>>
>>1504856
Poland homicide rate 0.67
French homicide rate 1.23
German homicide rate 0.88
United Kingdom homicide rate 1.20
Belgium homicide rate 1.85
Finland homicide rate 1.42
USA homicide rate 5.2
>>
>>1504856
nice try, but watch this
>>
>>1504856
want to compare Warsaw to Paris?
>>
>>1503832
There is no point if you are not going to live there with an actual western salary anon.
Beautiful polish girls will wait in line to fuck and marry you
>>
>>1504856
London-has 800 victims of knife attack injuries in 2 months

WHOLE Poland-has 700 victims of knife attack injuries in a WHOLE year.

Let this sink in. 38 mln country in Eastern Europe has less knife attacks in a year than London alone in 2 months

http://statystyka.policja.pl/st/wybrane-statystyki/bron/bron-przestepstwa/50844,Przestepstwa-przy-uzyciu-broni.html

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/gun-and-knife-crime-soaring-in-london-official-figures-show-a3513366.html
>>
>>1504878
>https://csis.carto.com
That is a map builder, not a sauce. And those are still ICELANDIC terror attacks

>2012-2015 because of the IRA
Now I know you are stupid. Do try to keep up. IRA have not been active since 1998

>>1504879
violent crime =/= homicide
Warzaw is listed among the top 17 unsafe cities in Europe.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/the-17-most-unsafe-cities-in-europe-a6895511.html

Your shilling is weak
>>
>>1504883
You've already been rekt on Numbeo numbers by using München, so no need to clutch at straws
>>
>>1504886
>>1504856
nice try but Munich isn’t capital of Germany, Berlin is.
And Berlin is far more dangerous than Warsaw.
>>
File: 1028471044[1].jpg (124 KB, 1000x541)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>1504889
>we only compare capitals
No. We compare places where people live. A city's capital status does not affect crime rates. You are not the only one that gets to cherrypick.
If we are gonna compare capitals I could just as well throw in Den Haag, and you'd lose, but I am not a moron, like you.

Funny, I knew it was you when you started this thread. Nobody else but you weirdo comes back for a beating with such regularity, and at the same time making such a poor performance of it. What kind of nationality are you gonna pretend to be next time?
>>
>>1504886
>The city has one of the lowest crime rates in the country but ranked 66th because of the number of political protests being held in Poland.

kek

get a life Kraut
>>
>>1504891
I didn’t start the thread :)
>>
>>1504892
>I don't like being told I am wrong
Sorry that facts do not fit together with your unwarranted nationalism

>kraut
Keep on clutching at straws. My nation is even more outstanding. Something that your nation never has been.

Do you still travel back 20 years in time when you cross the border at Seelow btw? Is it still all fake cigarettes, markets with mud floors and buses that expel visible diesel clouds, on the other side?
>>
>>1504893
Sounds legit. You just trawled by to see if you could do some PR for your polluted sea of mud

>>1504892
>lists maps of terror attacks that did not happen
>does not like articles that picks out his fav city as a hotbed of political violence

Cheeky
>>
>>1504895
>My nation is even more outstanding. Something that your nation never has been.
go ahead, whats your nation? I will gladly be amazed by its achievements:)
>>
>>1504899
Norway. I could afford three of you to tend my garden.
>>
I don't think westerners move to Poland because it's safer. Maybe some delusional ones who have some utopian-Europe dreams in their heads do but that's not the norm. On the other hand however, western media portrays anything east of Berlin as literal post-communism wasteland where groups of skinheads beat foreigners with bananas... Actually, the western media throws shit on all countries that aren't considered "western". There's a lot of fear mongering, it's really ridiculous actually in this day and age with access to different truthful sources from all over the world.

Also these crime statistics are all bullshit anyways. Chicago has the most violence in America for example but 90% of it is concentrated in a few small pockets of the city, the rest of it is perfectly fine safe suburbia. You really need to chill with this meaningless shit flinging. There are many other things that are genuinely worth debating about living in Poland compared to countries to the west.
>>
>>1504900
In 2004, Somali women had the highest nativity rate in Norway with 4.4 children per female, in contrast to 1.73 for Norwegian women.[5]

According to Statistics Norway, as of 2017, there are a total 28,696 persons of Somali origin living in Norway. Of those, 12,767 individuals were born in Norway to immigrant parents.[1]

According to the Oslo Municipality, as of 2014, a total of 8,758 Somalia-born immigrants reside in Oslo. Of those individuals, many arrived during the 2000-2004 period (2,811 persons).[6]
>>
>>1504900
As of 1 January 2012, the Norwegian Statistisk Sentralbyrå reported that there were 28, 935 Iraqis in Norway of which 21, 784 are first generation immigrants and 7 151 are born in Norway to two Iraqi parents.[2]

Due to a large Iraqi population present in Norway, many have integrated and married Norwegians, as from 1996 to 2004, 179 marriages were contracted between a resident Iraqi man and a Norwegian woman, which makes up 19 per cent of the marriages.[3] Iraqis are a group of refugees with a relatively short duration of residence in Norway (80 per cent have lived in Norway less than 10 years).[3]

According to a Statistics Norway report in 2017 ordered by immigration minister Sylvi Listhaug[4] investigating crime among immigrants in the 2010-2013 period, it was found Iraqis, together with Somalis, Iranians and Afghans had the highest over-represented as perpetrators of crime.[5] With 125 perpetrators out of 1000, Iraqis were over-represented when compared to the Norwegian population (45 out of 1000). Over-representation of Iraqi perpetrators remained after gender balance, age distribution, city of residence and employment was taken adjusted for at 90 out of 1000.[6]
>>
>>1504905
>>1504907
>gastarbeiterstats
At least they are not Polacks.
Post GDP per capita for Poland plox! I'll send you a euro if you do.
>>
File: 590[1].jpg (38 KB, 382x382)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>polishcriminal.jpg
>>
>>1504908
>>1504910
Islam is the largest non-Christian religion in Norway with about 2.9% of the population officially (about 153,000 people in 2016) and has increased by 26.6% since 2012.[4] In 2006, 56% lived in the counties of Oslo and Akershus.[17] Some sources report that the numbers are higher than those on the official records; the Pew Foundation calculates the number of Muslims in Norway for 2010 at about 144,000 and projects the numbers to reach 359,000 by 2030.[18]
>>
>>1504911
>2.9% oy vey
How does it feel to be surrounded by 100% papist scum?
Go abort yourself while it is still legal. Or write an agnostic statement while it's still allowed. Can you even watch porn over there?
>>
File: marcin-kozyra[1].jpg (50 KB, 600x447)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Polish children are groomed into lovers by priests. First step, licking whipped cream off their knees

Pedophile priests are excluded from the sex offender's registry, 'cause God
http://www.krakowpost.com/18497/2018/01/pedophile-priests-excluded-from-polish-sex-offender-registry

Conclusion: don't bring children to Poland.
>>
File: 597-Lubin-04[1].jpg (376 KB, 600x2051)
376 KB
376 KB JPG
>>1504916
Not a pedo according to Polish courts
https://www.traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/A597-Lublin.htm
>>
>>1504886
And what do you mean there was Icelandic terror attacks? Why do you make that statement like they didn't happen? They did. One happened on 1/31/12 and the other happened 4/16/14. The first was an explosive device that was detonated and the other was a fire set to a lutheran church. Nobody was killed

Also, the IRA is still active. Look on that map I provided and hover your mouse over every circle and it will give you a detailed overview of the terrorist attack. Anytime you see "dissident republican" that is the IRA.
Also,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Irish_Republican_Army#Omagh_bombing

This is my last response to you, as I don't know how many times a single person can get owned in one thread and still keep coming back.
>>
File: 85[1].jpg (51 KB, 640x420)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>1504925
Funny how you had to Google 3 pages down to find a description of them, and in that article the notion that they are terror attacks is debunked. You could have dared to post the link
https://michaelcolborne.com/2017/06/04/the-story-behind-that-terror-attacks-map-you-keep-seeing/

Also funny that this joke map was first posted by a pedo-apologist polish politician
Fact remains: Explosive device + fire at a church =/= terrorist attacks

Real IRA =/= IRA. Idiot. Case stands: IRA has not made any actions since 1998.

Now stop being a pedo apologist. Deal with THIS map of pedo priest incidents in Poland, kiddiefucker.

I reiterate. Do not bring children to Poland. Do not have children in Poland. Unless they will choke on pollution, they will choke on cock
>>
File: 1459051636561.jpg (24 KB, 480x516)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>1504926
>Unless they will choke on pollution, they will choke on cock

kek'd
>>
>>1504805
>I also think Westerners are going to continue flooding into Eastern Europe
lmao, what fantasy land are you living in? More people are leaving Poland than the other way around
>>
File: poland_emigration.png (72 KB, 942x691)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>1504805
Poland will continue to have more people emigrating out than immigrating in. Idiot lying incel.
>>
I only want big polish titty desu
>>
>>1505052
Your best bet is brothels in Germany.
>>
>>1505019
Do you have stats for 2016-2018?
>>
>>1505131
Probably somewhere on that official Polish stats site. Can't see why it would have changed much. Also the immigrants are almost all non-EU, mainly Ukraine. Very few people from western Europe move to Poland.
>>
File: 0mtuylsgzt221.png (1.13 MB, 1295x3585)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
Poland is fine as long as you're white...
>>
>>1504709
Elaborate
>>
>>1504856
I'm Hungarian. My goverment always speaks shits about eu, brussels, migration. One of the main meme is that germans and brits fleeing to Hungary because rapefuges and shit. In the reality everbody has family members who are working in Austria or London. Nobody is moving here, maybe some pol retard who belive Orbán's lies

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.