[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 45 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

Why do they suddenly seem to hate China?
>>
>>
>>1503054

They've been very honest about it. It's getting hard for them to live and work in China now. And they aren't the only ones.
>>
>>1503054
Why would you like China?
>>
they just realized their wifes are ugly
>>
It's abnormal in the sense that they've been in China longer than most westerners have, and it took them this long to realize how awful China is.
>>
>>1503075
Both their wives are quite appealing IMO. And one of them is a doctor you know. Vivienne shows too much gum when she smiles, but other than that she is quite adorable. But your point was moot anyway. They are obviously bringing their wives along. C-milk first.Winston's waifu comes along later AFAIK.
>>
didn't the american guy flee back to the US and is trying to sneak ZA in through the migrant caravan?
>>
Are these 2 american or british dudes who ride bikes all around china? I think i remember seeing one of their videos a number of years ago. Whats their name?
>>
>>1503095
serpentza
advchina
one of the waifus has a channel called Vivienne
>>
>>1503098
>>1503095
also
laowhy86
>>
>>1503091
Vivi has her appeal but come on, Sasha mogs the absolute shit out of her in looks. You can really tell she’s from the lower caste southern Chinese race.
>>
>>1503106
>the lower caste southern Chinese race.
Looks perfectly SEA, but yes, Sasha is more classically beautiful. But if it wasn't for the gummy smiles, Vivi would be a 6-7/10 in my opinion.
>>
>>1503095

One guy is South African, the other is an American Jew
>>
>>1503084

>it took them this long to realize how awful China is

Do you think the Chinese realize how bad it is or are they blinded by their own patriotism/lack of means to escape?
>>
>>1503119
>American Jew
He recently took a DNA test that came up 0% Jewish.
>>
>>1503135

He's likely matrilineally Jewish, which means he could probably get a TV show but not much more
>>
>>1503054
Because up until recent most of the people who would go to china were generally boomers in tour groups who would go to select places and that's it. Now that travel in, and around is easy and cheap more people realize just how crappy it is.
>>
>>1503054
Having a tough time doing Youtube in China and concerned about being deported. They've pretty much explicitly said it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLyrDUOK5k4

Just last week this french teacher/YouTuber got fired from the university in China, because of his YouTube videos.
>>
>>1503120
>Do you think the Chinese realize how bad it is or are they blinded by their own patriotism/lack of means to escape?
In my experience, most Chinese are pretty clear sighted about their country's issues.
Are you clear sighted about your country's issues?
>>
Because it's going full totalitarian (again) under Xi
>>
>>1503116
I prefer vivis personality over both of the guys. She seems very self aware of their whole situation and anything white loser chinese girl related. Serpentza on the other hand seems to be the most overcompensating douche of the bunch.
>>
>>1503120
They know how bad it is and yet they fail to understand they are actively making it worse. Most Chinese have a "me and solely me first" mentality, which promotes a lot of social issues within the country, in families, and social groups.
>>
>>1503060
they're not being honest, not really

as time goes on their videos become more clickbaity. just fucking look at their thumbnails and vid titles

they discussed most topics already in very poor depth, but aren't smart enough to go deeper/their audience doesn't care about depth )probably both, their chinese isn't that great) so they're resorting to other means to monetize their videos

>>1503116
vivi is literally considered subhuman to other chinese, sorry

>>1503136
he looks pretty engish bro. recessive chin and all

>>1503750
he almost certainly is not. epidemic rapes aren't a problem but china's youtube censorship is a 'problem'

>>1504051
america/europe are failing and falling under a 'me first' attitude too. it is the classic symptom of racial conflict and late stage bureaucracy
>>
WHEN I CLOSE MY EYES I CAN ALMOST SEE IT

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>1503075
>>1503106
>>1503091
C milk's wife is ugly as fuck, that dude is out of his mind for marrying her. Fuckin mongoloid face with a receding hairline.

I've only seen winston's wife a few times but she was pretty, also I'm gonna guess female doctor is pretty high on the food chain over there so she probably actually loves him.
>>
>>1504463
>Fuckin mongoloid face with a receding hairline.
Or brown LBFM that will love you long time and keep on smiling all during it. Takes all kinds you know. Please post a pic of your mom
>>
>>1504475
I don't get why anyone would defend her looks, she looks like a ben garrison drawing
>>
>>1503060
>It's getting hard for them to live and work in China now. And they aren't the only ones
In Tier 1 cities, there are frequent and thorough crackdowns regularly now. It might be a response or fallout from Trump's tantrums and tariff threats but whatever the cause, foreigners are reporting that life is getting sucky in Beijing and other tier 1 cities.
I haven't heard the same stories from tier 2 cities.

Like, you're "supposed" to carry your passport with you at all times but nobody did, they just had a photo on their phone or didn't even worry about it. Now, I've heard of people getting stopped, checked and arrested for that, having to pay fines to be released from the police station. Not a serious offense but it's being enforced in Beijing now.
An entire English teacher recruitment company was shutdown and the owners arrested because one of their teachers died (probably drugs, it was something dodgy) on a tourist visa. There is crazy pay for teachers in some cities now because all the illegal teachers are being rounded up. I wouldn't teach illegally in China for anything right now, not in a tier 1 city anyway.
>>
>>1504503
You're not supposed to carry passport if you have a work permit here. But shitty local laws, stupidity and overzealous metro guards sometimes make it a necessity.

At least thats what the staff told me when i got all my permits and visas checked.
>>
>>1504492
She looks pretty normal southern chinese to me. I guess that's not your type but if you can't understand how other people can like different things to you then that's your problem.
>>
>>1504506
>You're not supposed to carry passport if you have a work permit here
If you have the ID card that foreigners with residence permits can get then you don't need to carry the passport. You will otherwise.
I'd carry it in BJ regardless but in tier 2s it doesn't matter.
>>
>>1504508
I'm sorry that someone you personally know or are involved with looks like her
>>
>>1504503
How well does China pay that it's worth all the hassle?
>>
>>1504517
Living costs are generally low (outside of the tier 1s anyway) and accommodation is often included so you can save a lot if you're not partying and eating at western restaurants every day.
Pay is usually between 10-20k rmb/month but it goes up a lot after you've survived a year since once you show you can survive China, they know you're not likely to flake out halfway through the term and you're also probably a much better teacher than when you first arrived.

At the moment, I'm hearing about 30k rmb being offered in Beijing (plus apartment) but also about salary elsewhere being doubled because they have so few teachers left after the crackdowns on illegals. This is for people who have been in China for years though, not new arrivals.
>>
Do you live in a cave?

Have you heard of the new “Social Credit System” that restricts your rights more, the less of them you have?
>>
File: 1541340029254.jpg (46 KB, 960x960)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>1503054
Pussies. They should wait it out until they're either kicked out the country or see it through to the inevitable revolution
>>
>>1504578

Its a clickbait meme.
>>
>>1503091
>Both their wives are quite appealing IMO
come on now
>>
File: images[1].jpg (6 KB, 207x243)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>1505042
>stop liking what I don't like
>IMO means nothing to me

Granted, I have brown/yellow fever. But it is quite appealing with someone of an "advanced age" that has an education, and isn't "loose" around the edges and has bad skin.
>>
>>1503507
Yeah, but that dude literally goes around showing off secret brothels (and goes into them) and the like. He'd be fired anywhere for that.
>>
>>1504517
Pretty damn well.

20,000 rmb a month with rent paid for by the company, food is very cheap, you get all your western holidays, flights sometimes paid, and you work 20-30 hours a week.

You can save a lot in 1 or 2 years, enough for a house (deposit) back in the west.
>>
>>1504578
Most Chinese think it's a good thing. I'm not entirely sure, but the west is exagerating how bad it is.

The main issue is it being manipulated to arrest or deny freedom to any undesirable people.

But primarily it stops peasant maniacs who shit on the floor from going on trains.
b#
>>
Why does /trv/ keep on sucking these guys' dicks?
They are clearly the kind who had to leave their homes cause they weren't good enough to do anything else but to pose as the token white English-speaker. Stop putting them on a pedestal.
>>
>>1505096
>that edge
They are just people, and they make somewhat successful and amusing entertainment. What's your contribution to the world?
>>
>>1504521
Holy shit that pay is pathetic
>>
File: 2ec.png (572 KB, 600x580)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
>>1505085
Imagine being the girl who has to please THAT>>1503507
>>
>>1505087
>manipulated to arrest or deny freedom
It's not to arrest people, just stop them travelling.
I imagine that the first people to notice it will be the petitioners who travel to Beijing.

>>1505113
>Holy shit that pay is pathetic
Well it's not a STEM career granted but you can save money quite easily. Compared to my STEM career in the west, you could save quite a lot more and still be partying a fair bit. The cost of living makes a huge difference since you have way more money left over at the end of the month if you're just a little bit discipline with your spending.
It's about $5k/month but how much would you need to be paid in the west to save say, $3k/month? I was being paid AUD$90k with two degrees and a tonne of experience and was only saving about $3k/month after rent and bills. In China, most teachers can save that much after 1 year experience, getting paid 20kRMB+/month and banking 3/4 of that if they really want to save for a house deposit back home.
It's not out of the question to come home after 3 years in China with like $80k saved up and you're only three years out of university. It's not just a matter of the salary.

>>1505148
>Imagine being the girl who has to please THAT
desu, it wouldn't take much
>>
>>1505096
t. butthurt because he works a dead-end job at his hometown and will never leave his shithole so he has to project his insecurities on anons on a senegalese wrestling betting website
>>
>>1505158
How were you only making 90k AUD with 2 degrees? Were you working in rural WA? I make 160ish with no degree
>>
>>1505113
It isn't. It might not be incredibly high but the point is its an easy job with few hours, and you can save most of it while exploring a new country and fucking its women.
>>
>>1505087
>The main issue is it being manipulated to arrest or deny freedom to any undesirable people
i can't see the chinese government doing something like that
>>
>>1505214
>160ish with no degree
160ish is extremely high for Australia, if you weren't larping then you'd know that. It's more than CEO salaries for small companies make.
Maybe a FIFO miner with some in-demand machinery certifications could get that or more but it's not something you can walk down to an employment centre and get straight out of high-school.

I could technically get 160k but I'd have to move to Sydney and compete very hard for some 'disruptive startup' which would defeat the purpose of working remote anyway, I applied for some of those jobs and came close and if I was in Sydney, I'd probably get one of those eventually. Even though were more like 140-150 anyway.

I made a small mistake, I got 90k while finishing my second degree and it went up to 100k when I finished. Maybe it should have been a little more but the company was small and 100k was actually only what the CEO was paying themself. This was in Melbourne.
There's no way that a STEM job in Melbourne with two degrees and a decade or so experience is going to pay 160k, it's about 120k max.
Anything else would require some special circumstance, nepotism probably, unreliably income from commissions or something else.
If anyone could get a 160k job out of high school then everyone would already have that job and the median salary wouldn't be $55k.
>>
>>1505214
Larp.
>>1505326
Slightly more passable larp.
>>
>>1504068
lol
fifty cents has been deposited into your account.
>>
>>1505326
You're right, machinery operator. No certificates of any kind though. Dunno what is normal for Australia I've been here literally months
>>
>>1505387
So FIFO machine operator on a WA mine-site?

That makes more sense, you're probably supposed to have certificates for shit but it's also hard to persuade people to live that life-style which is why it's well paid. Even supermarket staff are well paid on those places and man, the dough the hookers rake in...
>>
>>1505736
Nah I'm not in WA or a mine. Pretty suburban area. The pay did seem really good but I just assumed Australian wages are great. Had to do a few months on shit money first too.
>>
>>1505747
>some foreigner comes in with no degree and get $160k job
>you're a native still looking for casual work despite having two degrees
Honestly it's time to leave this country, it was a good ride but it's ogre now.
>>
>>1505747
>>1505753
Samefag
>>
File: Me approve.jpg (152 KB, 592x480)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>1503507
>laowhy86
>China Non-Stop either way, I’m sorry that these wu mao disgusting assholes can’t deal with their mommy/daddy issues and have to take it out on foreigners. Regression in China is coming. Keep it up man!

>serpentza
>Nationalism and Xenophobia are just normal in modern Chinese society, it's a pity that you allowed them to know where you work, these same guys have been attacking me for years and I know how dedicated they are to trying to silence any opinions that don't agree with them, it is very easy for insecure and glass hearted people to report you to the police and phone your university or place of work, it is their only way of validating themselves, stooping to such low and disgusting "snitch" tactics. We have to remember that this culture of "snitching" and selling out your neighbours and family has been a very big part of China's recent past and so it is ingrained in society to a certain level. Onwards and upwards mate, you can be a total wanker at times but no one deserves this sort of low brow bullshit. Get better

It is nice they stopped being neutral in their complaints and started to let out all their anger.
>>
>>1506350
serpentza is literally trash because he got driven out of his home country by violent terrorists but still can't manage to come out and say that black people are violent. he literally thinks chinese need to let in black migrants or treat them respectfully

he's the type of person that kills you to save himself
>>
>>1506483
>why won't he do what I feelz he should do
just fuck off. His experience and his message is his own. You're the literal trash. You are opining about a bloke that, although he hasn't reached very far, has accomplished more than you ever have.

And his wife is a doctor, you know. Your common law wife fakes physical pain to get scripts for Oxy, that she resells in a parking lot.
>>
>>1506491
lmfao
not even that guy but try to be more subtle next time Serpentza.

>muh doctor wife

kek

>I teach doctors
>has literal syphilis
>muh doctor wife
>has to flee country because savages kill people left and right because of their skin color
>d-don't criticize them, them poor dindus don't know any better

kek,
KYS r3dd1tor
>>
>>1506495
be more subtle next time, man with junkie waifu
>>
>>1506525
nice rebuttal, nigger.
>>
Why do people worship these sexpats? I just don't get it...
>>
>>1506550
How are they sexpats?
>>
>>1506546
Thank you
>>
>>1506555
They lived there for a decade and married locals, obvs
>>
>>1506491
So Serpentza posts on /trv/
Now that explains why is always a thread with him up here.
>>
File: IMG_20181211_205101.jpg (211 KB, 1080x1027)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>1505884
>>
>>1505753
I am technically casually employed I think
>>
>>1505079
gotta admit, new wife is pretty damn cute
>>
>>1506491
serpentza says "literal trash" all the time in his vids. you got found out, faggot
>>
>>1506582
The ultimate sexpat experience.
>>
>>1506714
>I transcribe serpentza vids for fun
I think we have ourselves a fanboy.
Post pic of your landwhale
>>
>Being shocked two foreigners describe a commie authoritarian state as an authoritarian state.

Imagine my shock
>>
>>1506491
>South Africa

As a Dutch guy I can see SA went down the drain and the whites fleeing are cowards. They should fight for "T Vaderland.
>>
>>1506491
>And his wife is a doctor, you know.
How is this relevant to his status? Stolen valour.

Also, I am white, from western Europe and have a good educations. That is already two more things the SA bloke accomplished.

Wish him the best of luck with his media company, although youtube is not really a good or stable job desu
>>
>>1506942
>How is this relevant to his status?
That phrase is a meme. If you don't know, you don't know.

>I am from western Europe, have good educations
lel. Messed up.

I'd rather be a white South African than a fucking polack, that is for sure. 3x the quality of life at the same price, and basically no rules that apply as long as you are not poor.
>>
File: 1528848408720.jpg (67 KB, 735x541)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>1506945
>That phrase is a meme.
Duh, but it was used unironically in that post

>educations
pic related

>Polack
>Western Europe

Hmm, really gets ye olde joggin noggin
>>
>>1506939
>As a dutch guy
Your opinion about SA mean nothing, Riebeek. Eat your frikandel and stay quiet.
>>
>>1506953
>Voluntarily letting your country fall into decadence by the kaffers

Oke, domme boer
>>
>>1506952
>desperate damage control
>YOU DID NOT USE IT AS A MEME EVEN THOUGH YOU SAY YOU KNOW THE MEME

OK. Now go be Polish somewhere else
>>
File: KA-US-20874[1].jpg (166 KB, 800x305)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>1506952
>Educations... I wrote a typo and you are a grammar nazi

What are you, a phone poster? It is pretty close to impossible to hit an S by mistake when you type education.
>>
File: 1460486401397.png (193 KB, 267x200)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>1506955
>Delusional deflections of only half the arguments
>>
>>1506957
>I am making invisible arguments
>Damage control 100%
Whatever you say, kid.
>>
File: 1467487423510.jpg (329 KB, 1200x1758)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>1506956
>phone poster?
Guilty,
>>
>>1506958
>Still deflecting and baiting

You know, being a youtuber is not a real job sweetie
>>
>>1506959
>I'm a phone poster
>thatpic.jpg
You gotta go back... to wherever the children go at this hour
>>
>>1506962
You could show me the way to reddit with that punctuation and le ebinnn maymays
>>
>>1506961
>Damage control still at 100%
>YTer is not a job
Thank you mr obvious
>>
File: 1540740180991.gif (1.54 MB, 480x264)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB GIF
>>1506965
>still deflecting and baiting

Are we going to do this the whole day/night, Winston?
>>
>>1506964
>with that punctuation and le ebinnn maymays
Gonna need a translator for that. I don't keep track of lecooltalk that you are using here
>>
>>1506967
Is it //b you are looking for? I have not seen your sort around here for aeons. You actually have these reaction pics stored on phone? Show me some anime ones while you're at it plox

Let me tell you about the "my wife is a doctor" meme, summerfag
>>
>>1506971
>What is dropbox?
>Doen't know memes, but calls me a summerfag with as backup a shitty e-celleb meme.

Oh come now, Winston, sweetie.
>>
>>1506974
>I AM NOT A SUMMERFAG
>I AM A //B VETERAN
Whatever you say, petulant child
>>
File: 1540508332687.png (610 KB, 619x682)
610 KB
610 KB PNG
>>1506975
>//b
>Whatever you say, petulant child

Outing your self, going full circle and using full on boomer speak. I am proud of you Winston. This thread derailment is going quite nicely.
>>
>>1506978
>I derail threads

Top notch pastime kek
>>
File: 1527630618546.jpg (7 KB, 246x255)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1506983
>You falling for obvious bait and trying to validate your own / some e-celeb's ego on a Mongolian basket weaving forum
>>
>>1506992
Stop talking to yourself.
>>
File: 1541440879949.gif (1.8 MB, 500x209)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB GIF
>>1506994
>Stil responding
>>
>>1506995
No, it's just me here
>>
>>1506994
>Still responding
>>
>>1507001
>still responding
>>
File: Barry-Lyndon-02[1].jpg (288 KB, 1366x768)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>>1507003
>Dancing by myself
>>
>>1507004
>last redcoat on my dropbox. My fingers hurt
mom wants me to eat. brb 20 mins
>>
Why these two faggot talking to each other in this thread and why should I care about these YouTubers anymore?

I even saw their docs through a torrent and they're shit. Do not recommend.
>>
>>1507010
You're me too. There's 1 faggot here.
>>
>>1507013
But who's who now that there are 3?
>>
>>1507014
There is only 1. Got proxy
>>
>>1507015
Then its down to 1/2, stay frosty!
>>
File: 1544437702951.gif (878 KB, 348x248)
878 KB
878 KB GIF
>this thread

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.