[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 15 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

File: core zeta.gif (3.72 MB, 320x180)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB GIF
Now that the Zeta video is out on their Unicron's features and transformation, the Haslab Unicron has barely added any new backers.

I wonder what the HasTak designers will think when they see another company coming up with a way, way better transformation then their shellformer solution.

Sure it's half the size but it's having me rethink being a backer of the Haslab one.

Opinions, anons?
>>
What the fuck is this witchcraft transformation?!
>>
>>7749427
i dont buy nor care about transformers but is this some unlicensed third party company making a better transformers toy than hasbro? does this happen regularly? i notice you guys actually have one general specifically dedicated to third party transformers?
>>
>>7749445
Yes, Transformers has always had a massive unlicensed third party scene.
But I wouldn't call them better, a lot of 3Ps are actually crap, and they don't have to follow laws like Hasbro, which leads to figures that are really fucking fiddly and can easily break, also it's kinda a crapshoot if they use materials or not.
Hasbro's mainline transformers is for collectors yes, but also mass retail for kids, so they have to follow laws to make the figures safe, and have strict budgets, while 3P don't but that leads to them having a way higher price tag.

>>7749427
Honestly I find it kinda concerning, since so far Hasbro has kinda just ignored the 3P scene since it has not actually impacted their main sales, but this directly competes with the HasLab Unicorn so this might be the time the shareholders demand them to start going hard on these companies
>>
>>7749445
3P has been better than the official product for the last two years at least, provided you stick to the top-tier manufacturers.
>>
>>7749445
There's at least five 3P G1 MP companies that are about on par with Hasbro/Takara when it comes to making toys. Articulation ain't there most of the time but everything else is on par or exceeds Takara (but that's mostly due to Takara methods of product since Sunstreaker).
The only thing the Zeta Unicron lacks is size, but it appears that it's going to destroy Hasbro Unicron in every other regard.
>>
File: 1532719757372.png (114 KB, 300x297)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>7749427
I'm getting both. This guy won't be out till after the haslab has ended and money paid for the official so it's not like I need that 1.2k(ish) all at once. I'm honestly more excited to see if they whore that out in redecos.
>>
>>7749455
>since so far Hasbro has kinda just ignored the 3P scene since it has not actually impacted their main sales
I've always assumed the reason why Takara's MP releases has been price inflated so much was because of the 3P scene eating up their sales, honestly.

MP prices have been so stupid, I'm starting to find 3Ps much more affordable.
>>
>>7749427
From another angle.
>>
>>7749595
We all filled out a survey 2 years ago bragging to hasblo how much we spent on 3p. I’m assuming the results where eye opening.

I know I was totally honest
>>
>>7750367
Did the survey directly ask if you bought 3P stuff, or did you put that into a comment box or something?
>>
>>7750367
Definitely wasn't 2 years ago. I think it was during the time Generations Springer/Blitzwing came out, so 2013~ I believe?
>>7750610
It directly asked you that. It revealed that Hasbro was very, very well aware of the third party scene.
>>
>>7749427
How long does this take? 3, 4 days?
>>
>>7749445

Unlicensed Transformers and add on kits blew up in 2008 and have been going strong a decade later. You'll find duds and gems but overall there is are high quality niche items pulling from every aspect of the series that can at least compete with high end takara/hasbro if not sometimes exceed their quality at varying scales.

The KO market is seperate from this but it too has seen a shift from shitty low quality trash to improving/modifying/painting up official molds to become the definitive and cheaper versions of official molds. It's rumored hastak have finally decided to move on these ko companies because they were shitting all over the official product from the movie lines. Of course you have duds and shitty releases but generally most releases are solid efforts.

Also there is so much shit coming out of the unofficial scene that it is almost impossible to keep track of it all and its better to keep seperate generals for that reason alone. However, the transfags on both sides can't keep shit flinging to a minimum with the two official manufacturers and adding more to the mix is a disaster. It's more practical to keep them separate for everyone's sanity.
>>
I'm not a big transformers guy but I would totally buy Unicron, always thought he looked great. How would I go about getting either of these?
>>
>>7756748
Hasbro one: hasbro pulse website.
Zeta one: Third-party Transformer distributor. TFsource or things like that.
>>
>>7749445
Yes lol.
>>
>>7750367
Oh yeah I remember that. I also did reply that I buy both.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.