[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 32 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

File: 12.png (946 KB, 940x627)
946 KB
946 KB PNG
Its dead guys
>>
>>7744678
I just wanted the original 8. You don't need to rub salt in the wound.
>>
>>7744688
I feel very attacked by bandai as well. I was really happy about the line and wanted the original 8 more than anything. Once again a Digimon line dies very close to reach its goal. It's bummer to think that Gomamon and Palmon are the only ones who never got a transforming toy, I was very excited to see them...
>>
The problem is they don't know how to push digimon merch.
No new show, shitty movies, no hype.
Terrible Mon choices out of originals.
>>
>>7744678
What? Have they officially announced the line dead?
>>
>>7744792
No, but the lack of showing anything for the last what, almost year now, isn't a good sign. Bandai has a habit of silently cancelling lines without notice. We're never getting that Roxas prototype they showed off all those years ago. Although, they did just release the ver. 20th v-pet in America. Maybe if enough people buy those they'll see there's interest in the franchise.
>>
>>7744792
Bandai never officially announced a cancellation of some line - and if they did sometime I'm pretty sure it was a rare occasion. Just like Naruto, Sentai, WWE and several other lines, they just implied their premature ending at not doing anything else - new figures announcements or prototypes shown being properly released.

By this far there was no meaning holding Garudamon for this long if the line was still going on. I've read that they are indeed not selling well which I think it's far dumb of them kept releasing in standard mode instead of Tamashii Web Shop.
>>
>>7744678
No wonder, did anyone want fucking dorulamon before the original cast?
>>
Lol, I hope you guys like Vocaloids.
>>
>>7745034
Does the west even care about Digimon when its still relevant in Asia? No?
>>
File: 1567134608587.jpg (186 KB, 1000x1001)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>7745080
Agumon Miku is pretty cute
>>
Just my luck for being one of the two people on Earth that care more about Garudamon and Zudomon than Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon.
I guess I should go look for reviews of the D-Arts Wargreymon to replace my D-Real one now that I won't be spending any money on Digivolving Spirits.

>the figuarts is better
Yes, but it looks like shit.
>>
>Digimon line starts
>Does Adventure
>Usually Wargreymon, Metalgarurumon and Omegamon
>Dukemon and Beelzebumon sometimes get love
>Aside from that you're lucky if the line sticks around for anything else
Can they please stop with the Adventure pandering with each line? The lines die before they ever complete the team. Can they at lease do every protagonist before diving into the side characters from Adventure? Susanoomon? Shinegreymon? Shoutmon X4/X5? Please?
>>
>>7744796
>>7744789

Theres an Adventure movie next year maybe they're waiting for that to air to release these?
>>
>>7745034
It was so weird that they did dorumon and dukemon. They had figuarts and it was weird to out them with Adventure Digimon
>>
File: 1488443888086.gif (443 KB, 512x407)
443 KB
443 KB GIF
>>7744678
>NEW DIGIMON MERCH
>have 10 tamagotchis for like $100 each
>here's WarGreymon again
>here's Omnimon again
>Yes we will make OH NO CANCELLED
>>
>>7745409
Im the same boat actually, i used to have that poseable garudamon from way back when and was excited when i saw the reveal. Im still irked that they did alphamon before the originals were finished
>>
>>7744678
I hate when they don’t make faggotmon and just make gaybuttmon
>>
>tfw the only good devimon figure is still the old bandai one from 1999

why
>>
>>7745409
Zudomon hurts me the most, but at least my boy Tentomon got the best fig of the line.
>>
Tfw no redone proper beezlebubmon or armor figures
>>
>>7745626
Weren't at least 02 armors redone few years back or am I imagining things
>>
>>7745637
You're imagining things wtf.
>>
>>7745637
I think you are imagining things.
At most, the 02 armors got redone as digimental to digimon transformers a few years after the original digimental into base figure's armor figures were made.
>>
File: Numemon X.jpg (92 KB, 720x1000)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>7745570
I love the new vpets for giving us digimon artbooks and amazing new digimon like this. (Not sarcasm Numemon is the best Digimon.)
>>
Speaking of armor figures, do you guys think a line of figures based on the digimentals similar to Ultra Egg would be cool?
What if it included the alternative evolutions?
>>
>>7745425
> Susanoomon? Shinegreymon? Shoutmon X4/X5? Please?

Fuck that, just give me a nice Leomon, Please!
>>
>>7745650
You can't play with artbooks. But they are a great source of imagination fuel
>>
>>7745662
It'd look horrible, but I wouldn't mind seeing them try again

>>7745665
>Finally get a Leomon figure
>It's fragile as fuck
>>
>>7744678
digimon have more power
>>
File: almostdone.jpg (77 KB, 565x682)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
Phascomon nears completion. All that's left is little touchups like more thread sculpting on the face. The pattern file is killer, this is the most complex plush I've made and I'm so worried I'll forget to write a step in the instructions.

>>7745650
Oh shit I didn't know about this artbook, tell me more
>>
>>7746159
Wow, that's awesome, now I really want one.
>>
>>7745425
>Shoutmon X4/X5
>X5
The Sparrowmon helmet sucked and also did his evolution theme song. I'd rather have the absolutely glorious clusterfuck that is X7.
>>
>>7746252
X7 is ugly as hell. X5 is one of the only good forms.
>>
File: DarkKnightmon X.jpg (118 KB, 720x1000)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>7746159
Digimon Ver 20th and Pendulum Ver 20th both got art books with high res art if all the Digimon from those vpets. Plus some original art and a few other bonuses. Bandai usually only uploads 320x320 art online so it was amazing. I think scans are on with the wills gallery.

And I'm so excited to see if these new x antibodies get a new artbook.
>>
>>7746812
You're lacking in super robot clusterfucky aesthetics, anon. It's so ridiculous and excessive that it just works.

Never liked X5 myself, head's crown was ugly. And the centaur mode was even worse.
>>
>>7746847
No, it doesn't work. It loses the slickness of the earlier forms and how modular they are. All of the "b" forms are ugly but they have nothing to do with X5 and X5 feels like the perfect evolution and final form of X3. Most super robots aren't clusterfucks and built with a theme in mind. X7 doesn't feel like a natural evolution of Shoutmon. It feels like those later Sentai mechs that just slap everything together and can barely walk, needing wheels to roll around. X7 never had any good fights either.
>>
>>7746856
>It loses the slickness of the earlier forms
Opinions. I love that.

>and how modular they are
You don't need to be modular and add more configurations when you reach the summit. Why should it matter anyways? Not only that, but is being modular equates shitty centaur modes, good riddance.

>X5 feels like the perfect evolution and final form of X3
That's just like, your opinion man. I'm glad there's another digixross after that one because I hated X5s theme song and helmet. Again, opinions.

>X7 doesn't feel like a natural evolution of Shoutmon
The digixross were never the "natural evolutions" you're speaking of. Also, this is Digimon, not Pokémon. Natural evolutions means nothing when a dinosaur can turn into a fire guy or a green blob as easily as a bigger dinosaur.

>X7 never had any good fights either.
I don't remember jack shit of the X5 ones either, so whatever. The only fight that can be called truly memorable is OmegaShoutmon VS Tactimon after all, and the first appearance of Beelzebumon. And you can be sure the moment X7 digixrosses for the first time is way more memorable than X5 first appearance.

It's fine if you hate the design, just don't try to rationalize it.
>>
>>7746879
>You don't need to be modular and add more configurations when you reach the summit. Why should it matter anyways? Not only that, but is being modular equates shitty centaur modes, good riddance.
Modular equates wing packs, swords and capes and spears. The Beelzebumon forms being ugly doesn't change that.
>The digixross were never the "natural evolutions" you're speaking of. Also, this is Digimon, not Pokémon. Natural evolutions means nothing when a dinosaur can turn into a fire guy or a green blob as easily as a bigger dinosaur.
Digimon anime usually have the Digimon evolve into things that look like natural evolution of them. Tailmon's line being one of the exceptions and is usually poked fun at for it.
>don't remember jack shit of the X5 ones either, so whatever.
Then you didn't pay attention. Lucemon, Arkdemon, Breakdramon.
>And you can be sure the moment X7 digixrosses for the first time is way more memorable than X5 first appearance.
Hell no. X7 appeared during a shitty and forced Kiriha arc that ruined his character while X5 appeared during Nene and Sparrowmon's development. During Darkknightmon's rise.
>It's fine if you hate the design, just don't try to rationalize it.
Same to you.
>>
>>7746931
>Modular equates wing packs, swords and capes and spears.
Not everybody gives a shit about the modular aspect of it. It was used cleverly several times but most of the time it was just a gimmick.

>Digimon anime usually have the Digimon evolve into things that look like natural evolution of them.
Yeah, and Xross Wars throw that out of the window from the very beggining, so your point is moot.

>Then you didn't pay attention.
Or maybe I watched the show years ago while it was airing in Japan and I can't remember every single detail. Specially when none of these X5 battles left any lasting impression on me.

>Hell no.
Hell yes. Just the return of We Are Xross Heart sung by several of the previous singers as a love letter to the whole franchise is way more memorable than whatever X5 did.

>Same to you.
I never tried to rationalize it. As I said, it's all about opinions. I like X7 way better than X5, my least favorite version of Shoutmon, and that's it.
>>
>>7746989
>Not everybody gives a shit about the modular aspect of it.
I do, which is the point of the conversation.
>Yeah, and Xross Wars throw that out of the window from the very beggining
No? Omegashoutmon and Zekegreymon look exactly like the things they evolve from. Digixros Digimon look exactly like the Digimon they are formed from for better or worse. x7 having legs hanging off it's shoulders looks retarded.
>Or maybe I watched the show years ago while it was airing in Japan and I can't remember every single detail.
It's not about remembering every single detail. It's about actually knowing what you're talking about.
>Just the return of We Are Xross Heart
An inferior version.
> as a love letter to the whole franchise is way more memorable than whatever X5 did.
Actually looking good and having good fights?
>I never tried to rationalize it. As I said, it's all about opinions
Says the person who has admitted to not remembering aspects of the show.
>>
>>7746189
Thanks man. Phascomon is such an underrated digimon and I wish it got used in games more.

>>7746931
>Digimon anime usually have the Digimon evolve into things that look like natural evolution of them. Tailmon's line being one of the exceptions and is usually poked fun at for it.
I'd argue that the line actually has shared visual elements in the holy ring + predominantly white color scheme. Tailmon/Gatomon's gloves coulda been incorporated into Angewomon's design though.
>>
File: 1567535651778.png (225 KB, 540x311)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
>>7746994
>Omegashoutmon and Zekegreymon look exactly like the things they evolve from.
not that guy but i disagree. Shoutmon shouldve evolved into some red/white armored thing, and Greymon with another similar palette. but they both evolve into a contrasting, ostentatious shower of gold armor
>>
File: Shoutmonex6.png (902 KB, 876x1024)
902 KB
902 KB PNG
>>7746812
That's why anyone who liked Xros Wars should read the manga adaptation. It gave us the best Shoutmon form to date. Also ironically the most figure worthy.
>>
>>7746994
>An inferior version
Still miles bettter than X5 bland theme. Fucking up an evolution song in Digimon is criminal.
>>
>>7746994
>It's not about remembering every single detail. It's about actually knowing what you're talking about
The thing is, I don't need to remember everything to know that I didn't like X5 when you watched the show. And I'm just saying I don't give a damn about it and like X7 better. Why is it do difficult to understand?

I think you're taking this way too seriously.
>>
>>7747777
>Still miles bettter than X5 bland theme.
>bland
No.
>I think you're taking this way too seriously.
Dude, you're the one who responded to me asking for a X5 figure by shitting on it and upping X7. You're the one who went into aesthetics. You're the one who brought of X5B out of nowhere. You're taking this too seriously.
>>
Are we seriously going to have to wait until 3-d printing becomes a normal thing to get any decent digimon toys? The most interesting digimon never happen because they're not greymon, and anything else gets shit canned instantly.
>>
>no digivolving 03 mons
Best season (IMO) never gets attention.
>>
>>7747940
Don't we usually just get Dukemon in some capacity and that's it?
>>
>>7746820
Is this Gurren Lagann?
>>
>>7747940
You'll get Dukemon and Beezlemon and you will like it
>>
>>7748116
>Beelzemon
Not him but please gimmie. I just want a better option for him than the mediocre D-arts.
Also because I couldn't justify the statue when he was first released and now it's ~30k yen
>>
>>7748142
I have good news for you
>https://twitter.com/amiami_english/status/1132123322487992321

I already have one big, expensive Beelzemon statue, it feels excessive to have two. How dare they tempt me like this
>>
>>7744678
Y'know despite the Adventure 01 being shilled super hard all the time we still don't have any good figures of the Adult Digimon aside from old transforming figures, it's always the Children and Ultimates. I would love good Greymon, Garurumon and Kabuterimon figures.
>>
>>7752932
I'm surprised that the Champions are never shilled, especially considering that Adventure 01 never updated their opening all the way to the last episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMVdjGibgM4
>>
I'm still pissed the articulated plush line died after Agumon and Patamon.
>>
>>7752932
Give me the armored evolutions too, Flamedramon and Digmon are way cooler than XV-Mon and Ankylomon.
>>
>>7752932
You'll take your statues and you'll like it.

Seriously though, it always amazes me how a franchise based on characters with multiple forms can be so stingy with their figures. Even if you wanted to be cheap and limit it to the protagonists' base, penultimate and final forms the way Bandai does with Kamen Rider, you can still get plenty of mileage out of them. Even relegating a few forms to P-Bandai would net you a lot of dosh. It sucks that as many strides as Bandai has made with the franchise, they still don't have any faith in it.
>>
>>7755617
where are those custom wings from?
>>
File: BigMamemon_b.jpg (61 KB, 320x320)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
Who's your partner, /toy/?
>>
>>7755672
They're custom sculpts.

>>7755908
In my heart, BanchoStingmon. But recently I booted up one of those Pendulum Cycle V-pets from Bandai Asia and am struggling trying to get my PicoDevimon to evolve into something good.
>>
File: Tyrannomon_b.jpg (45 KB, 320x320)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>7755908
criminally undermerchandised
>>
File: Betamon_cshm.jpg (83 KB, 1123x1200)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>7755908
Betamon, he cute and cool.
>>
File: Betsumon_b.jpg (38 KB, 320x320)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>7755908
more like BESTumon amirite?
>>
>>7757215
>The bulge
Please kill it
>>
File: 1474365928110550771.jpg (183 KB, 476x600)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>7757068
So many good designs neglected...
>>
>>7744792
>officially announced the line dead?
Bandai doesn't do that.
>>
>>7747543
Man that's a way better gold form than Shoutmon DX, who looked completely bogged down by toyetic design despite NOT GETTING A TOY.
>>
File: darkknightmon2.png (405 KB, 720x415)
405 KB
405 KB PNG
>>7746820
I'm so glad my husband isn't dead.
>>
>>7757068
Isn't he the brand's mascot in Japan?
>>
>>7758500
Yes he is also the little dinosaur in 8bit style on the logo although he (almost) never gets any attention in any toyline
>>
>>7758328
Yeah that was nuts. He was clearly just the result of popping off Omega Shoutmon's head, replacing Zeke Greymon's head with it and then putting Omega Shoutmon's body on Zeke Greymon's arm. 100% designed around a toy. Were any prototypes ever sighted?
>>
>>7746159
Anyone know where I can find a rip of the Dawn/Dusk Phascomon sprite? This ugly thing looks like it's about to burst into tears and I don't really want to use it on my pattern file.

Why aren't there any actually GOOD sprites of this woefully under appreciated evil drop bear
>>
File: DSC_0757.jpg (97 KB, 683x700)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>7758909
>Were any prototypes ever sighted?
No, unfortunately. If they ever were any, they weren't shown off at any toy fair. The only love the Super Evolution forms got was in the form of hard-to-find garage kit figures.
>>
>>7758909
Omega Shoutmon even has Shoutmon X7's helmet on his back for fuck's sakes. You can see it easily in the games.
>>
>>7758330
He's awesome in the X2's story. He's fighting to takethe seat of a Demon Lord.
>>
>>7760331
It's no surprise, the majority of the leader Digimon's partners are designed with toys in mind. Xros Wars was just unfortunate enough to have their toyline cancelled halfway through the show.
>>
>>7762812
Xros Wars isn't alone in that. A lot of the Savers line didn't come over despite being advertised on packaging. Frontier is legendary for the last few mini sets not being released outside of like SEA. They're extremely rare and I've never seen a listing online for a single one.
>>
>spend a couple of months thinking gankoomon was based on the count of monte cristo
>he is actually named after okinawan for stubborn person
Huh.

Are fans of the Royal Knights such a small group that there's no chance of them ever getting figures, though?
You'd think that Bandai would make the attempt since those are well-liked by powerlevelfags who remember Digimon existing and hardcore fans.
>>
>>7748469
That statue is even more than 30k yen, anon!!
>>
>>7766445
Well, if you're a good person and say your prayers at night, we might get Omegamon X some time soon.
>>
>>7766999
But I want Omegamon Alter-S...
>>
>>7767006
What's that you say? Omegamon Zwart it is!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.