[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: image.jpg (21 KB, 496x295)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Does anyone remember mico RC cars being popular in the early 2000s? I remember Zip-Zaps, but what were other brands? I reember mall kiosks having their on generic brands and would like tonpick some up again. These toys had durability issues but they were really charming.
>>
Oh fuck, I remember these. Sadly I couldn't help you, OP, though I do think tiny RC chassis are still sold online or so.
>>
>>7705859
thanks for the bump anyways. They were really fun little toys. I remember as a kid seeing these at EVERY mall, and being hyped to play with em.
>>
>>7705680
I remember Zip Zaps. Never had them myself. My friends and I got into Xmods. Those things were cool as fuck.
>>
>>7706016
i like zipzaps exclusively for their micro appeal and chibi aesthetic. I had one xmod however and that WAS sometjing i was obsessed with for a while. i only had one but I "modded" the shit out of it. I had some really riced out looking car with underlights and a body kit. there was even a forum around for a while.
>>
>>7706042
that post really didnt make much sense. what i mean is i like both for their own reasons. The thing anout xmods is they were a lot hardier than zipzaps. The turning mechanism on all of those little micro cars would pull one way or the other and it was impossible to fix. Xmods had less of an issue with it and felt more like a quality thing to own and not just a toy.
>>
>>7705680
I don't own these things... Okay maybe I did, but these didn't last that long and it was forgotten. The only mini RC was the Litehawk Mini Blast, which was heavily modified.
>>
i remember buying a few of them at FAO schwartz back in the early 2000s, they were fun as hell for what they were
>>
bit char g is the way to go
>>
>>7706281
while trying to scan around hoping to recognize some off brands, i did see bit char g. i never had any but was curious what theyre like? do they scale right with other brands or do they have their own size?
>>
>>7706254
i only got to go to fao once but got some megabloks dragons shit there. was a really exciting place. i remember that had a metric fuck ton of bohrok. the 2000s spoiled us.
>>
do these old toys need new batteries being so old?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.