[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: tahuquicksilver10242x.png (1.95 MB, 2048x1536)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
>Previous Thread
>>7693911

>Discord
https://discord.gg/R9BdKTK

Christian Faber's mysterious Instagram posts
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvuSFY2Hr1_/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv470LnnNiv/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwHnRCmHvsF/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwX6EVBnKnk/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwelAO0nMhc/

>Booru
http://biog.booru.org/

>G1 Story Material
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpfNrl6RIvM
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/comics/
http://cross-wired-freak.tumblr.com/post/68472919868/bionicle-chronicles-bionicle-adventures-bionicle

>G2 Story Material
http://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle/story/episode-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAjTzQ_NggY

>Misc. Media
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/

>For builders:
http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/
http://www.bricklink.com/
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/building-instructions/
>>
>>7703207
shut the fuck up ace
>>
>>7703220
Dude. Be reasonable.
>>
>>7703259
Ignore all off topic shitpost please.
>>
>>7703207
I never understood what those things behind Tahu were. Am i an idiot?
>>
>>7703291
Protodermis machines maybe? I thought they were Manas when I was a kid.
>>
File: 20190809_154909.jpg (1.85 MB, 3264x2448)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB JPG
>>7701268
over the past year I've made "unique"(mostly just gold) recolours of a bunch of my favourite clone sets from G1, basically just taking the parts and aspects of each set that I liked the most (weapons, mask designs, etc) and incorporating them into just one of each, rather that feeling the need to have all six of every team I liked. never got into any G2 stuff though, I had a girlfriend, social life and a solid future career when that was going on so I didn't feel the need to retreat into my old bonkles like I've been doing now. also please excuse the shit tier mocs in the back, they're basically just modified existing sets and I don't want anyone to think I consider them creative or good. the turaga of light in the front is also a design I just stole from google images.
>>
>>7703487
>I used to have a career and gf
What happened bro
>>
>>7703509
just fizzled out i guess. I dunno, we made a bunch of stupid mistakes as a couple and in the end we figured we should just stop trying. she tried to get back with me after a couple months but I didn't think I'd be able to handle the pain of falling out of love again. that was about 2 years ago, and still tfwnogf. not stressing it to be honest, things will fall into place when they're meant to. career thing was just postponed, semi back on track now, see how things look in the fall. sorry for blogging, but thanks for asking bro. been awhile.
>>
File: EAVMB0NXUAI5Jar.jpg (204 KB, 588x959)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
I just found a German website containing many 2020 LEGO set leaks, even more than JediJACPenguin, my primary source for leaks. The results I found were astounding.

There's no additional information on "Zebra" or that girls IP, but there's apparently a new theme coming codenamed "Snowflake", which contains just one set: 50515.

Now here's the kicker: the theme codenamed "Leaf", which I've had my eye on for a while, is going to have eighteen sets instead of fourteen as originally listed.

Here's the aforementioned website so you can see for yourself:

https://www.stonewars.de/lego-2020/

Thoughts?
>>
>>7703532
Disregard women
Obtain plastic
>>
>>7703533
Still very skeptical. Unless we get a definite "yes" for Lego reviving constraction I wouldn't get my hopes up
>>
>>7703617
You will say the smae when sets will leak from the catalog and i'll be constraction?
>>
>>7703620
ESL pls go.
>>
>>7703533
Numbers check out, but all the stuff about Faber still seems pretty fishy. NDA or not, I'm pretty sure one of his comments back when he started posting clearly stated Lego wasn't involved yet, and the content of the "B" posts doesn't match up with the story summary in the leak at all. I mean, why would the canister sets be encased in ice when they're arriving from space as part of a well-prepared colonization operation?
>>
>>7703620
If it turns out to be true I will be the first one to eat my boxers and sperg out screaming "Hail Denmark".
But I just don't see a new constraction line coming out so soon, since Lego apparently retired CCBS and SW ultrabuilds, not to mention aborting G2 after just 2 years.
>>
>>7703639
Cryogenic freezing?
>>
>>7703262
I mean... Solek's mask DOES look kinda feminine
>inb4 send your cutest delivery boy
>>
>>7703678
I wanna FUCK transolek!
>>
File: IMG_20190813_234812.jpg (29 KB, 768x149)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>7703666
Screencaped to remind you in a few weeks when the leaks arrive
If there is no new constraction theme coming next year I will eat a Ninjago box. Screencap this.
>>
File: IMG_20190814_015307.jpg (120 KB, 1053x399)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>7703693
Shit, and I got trips too. Guess there's no going back on this one.
You got yourself a bet.
>>
>>7703487
Man, side-by-side, dark gold looks so much nicer than pearl gold
>>
>>7703693
>>7703699
This is gonna be fun. The bet of /biog/
>>
File: gf vs keet.jpg (91 KB, 538x764)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>7703540
>>
>>7703693
>>7703699
Ah shit, this will be good.
Honestly I want to believe we're getting something new. But I can't give myself that level of hope just yet. Once we get solid leaks, even just a pic like the initial black and white display leak for G2, then I'm on board.
I'll be sitting back and watching in the meantime.
>>
>>7703291
the other Toa Nuva
>>
I hope "Leaf" is a system theme or exo force reboot
>>
>>7703702
yeah i agree fully, pearl gold can look nice in its own way like in brutaka, but flat dark looks better in almost every other situation.
>>
File: hakkan.jpg (9 KB, 480x360)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>record scratch
>freeze frame

Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation.
>>
>>7703716
But he's a cripple.
>>
>>7703784
nO iT's BiOnIcLe GeE tHrEe
>>
File: onewaoursaviour.gif (538 KB, 250x198)
538 KB
538 KB GIF
>>7703716
>Keetongu
>beatutiful, symetric shape will always be pleasant to eye
my sides
>>
>>7703986
Yeah pearl gold is a good colour but it's more like a glittery orange than it is gold
>>
>>7704000
what the hell do you fuckers think gold looks like?
>>
File: Jump.png (1.33 MB, 1273x715)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
The objectives in this game are so fucking unclear. It seems especially so in Gali's level. I never know what the fuck I'm supposed to do. I can't jump on this rock and I can't reach that grapple hold, so what the hell?
>>
>>7704027
Okay, it let me leap onto the rock all of a sudden. Janky jump mechanics strike again.
>>
>>7703992
This but unironically
>>
File: Rau.png (1.26 MB, 1271x715)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
Now what? I just go all the way back?
>>
>>7704027
You can jump on the rock to reach the grapple target, just gotta try it a million times. Jumping is janky as hell in this game, and a lot of platforms are very uncooperative.
And I agree, sometimes it's hard to navigate, I've wasted like an hour in the giant pitch black water cave with the enormous bugged-out whale shark.
>>
File: Taniwa.png (498 KB, 1273x711)
498 KB
498 KB PNG
What did she mean by this?...

Also, how the actual fuck do I get to the top of Naho Falls, please? Thanks.
>>
File: gold.jpg (465 KB, 1280x720)
465 KB
465 KB JPG
>>7704007
looks a lot closer to flat dark than pearl imo. neither actually capture it because its just plastic instead of actual metal but of our two options flat is both closer and generally looks better than pearl
>>
File: gold.png (2.42 MB, 1280x719)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB PNG
>>7704152
I'm gonna have to disagree with you chief
>>
>>7704176
eh, fair enough. still think flat looks better but obviously i like pearl too, considering i've been buying it in almost equal measure this past year.
>>
>>7704109
You just need to go through the hidden area, might need to kill yourself by diving for tokens a few times to collect the required 14. The funny thing is there's no climbing involved at all, even though I'm pretty sure one of the Tohunga mentions it when talking about getting up there.
>>
>the water slide section
good fucking lord
>>
File: lomn macku hut.png (1.3 MB, 1595x897)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
____ __ _____
>>
>>7704599
IT'S REAL TO ME DAMN IT
>>
>>7704606
it's 4 2 5 spaces, anon
>>
Returning to the topic of MU inhabitants eating food. Maybe straight up energy is more of a savvy city chow (Daxia in the serials is also mentioned to have energy tanks for food), while more rural areas like the Southern Continent have to syphon energy from organic matter, since there was a famine mentioned in the 2006 comics, suggesting something like a bad harvest for voyatoran. Your thoughts?
>>
>>7704609
Oh cool, then I can put my pitchfork away
>>
>>7704027
Wait what game is that
>>
>>7704648
Where have you been these past 3 threads? It's LoMN Rebuilt.
>>
File: 1565681161037.jpg (7 KB, 375x252)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>7704599
>third line probably says "in love"
The ACTUAL reason LoMN was never released.
>>
>>7704662
Emailing lego to c and d this illegal bootleg
>>
>>7704662
TO MAKU

with lots of love

HUKI
>>
>>7704441
How many tokens are down there? I've only found two.
>>
>>7704744
I don't really remember, but based on the german playthrough I look at whenever I'm confused about something, there are at least four.
https://youtu.be/0XjolCH3dCg?t=1500
>>
>get to big dark underwater chamber as gali
>suddenly giant takea
>OH GOD OH FUCK
>turns out its hitbox is so fucked it can’t even affect you 99% of the time
i’m both relieved and disappointed
>>
>>7704773
That thing still freaks me out even though it's completely harmless. Always hiding somewhere in that dark room where you can't even really use the Ruru because you'd drown, and then it just pops up from behind at some point and puts you in its belly because of course the shitty hitbox makes it phase through everything. It even got me in the underground tunnel once.
>>
>>7703533
Please stop posting this shitty fanfiction.
>>
File: Bull Riding.jpg (324 KB, 1919x1054)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
Alright, Pohatu objectively has the best gotta-go-fast section so far.
>>
How does it feel that this theme has more lore than Bionicle G2?
>>
>>7703702
>>7703986
it's funny how many different gold colors they made in general
I think pearl gold and dark gold look the best
>>
File: gali.jpg (235 KB, 1024x1024)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
who's your favourite G2 Toa? for me it's Gali 2015
>>
>>7705000
2015 Gali is pretty sexy yeah
>>
>walk through an entrance in Po-Wahi
>game crashes and does the same every time I try to load
And back to halfway through Gali's level where I was yesterday it is. Make regular backups, kids.
>>
Constraction 2020 get hype

>>7705000
Uniter Onua or Kopaka
>>
>>7705000
Master Gali is cool, but I also really like both Onuas, not only because I'm a Onuafag, but because they are both pretty unique compared to the rest
>>
>>7704901
Huh really? That one was the hardest for me, I guess I have a shitty mouse because the Kane-Ra barely wanted to turn. Had to do the first part maybe over a dozen times.
Not that it matters, my save got corrupted during the Kakama platforming part. Looks like the game's still a pass for me until they make it a fuckton less unstable.
>>
>>7705000
I really liked Master Onua. The bulky body was a fun design change for him, plus the hammer/shovels were fantastic designs.
>>
>>7704969
Is that like baby's first twin peaks?
>>7705000
I liked them all, but I have a weird fetish for Potato. Must be the boomerangs and overall desert wanderer feel.
>>
>>7705069
Wasn't Twin Peaks just one long boob joke in the end?
>>
File: 250px-Comic_Klakk.png (108 KB, 250x217)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>Light is literally, well, just light
>But the Mask of Light also spreads good feels
>Shadow is literal shadow, but it's also... some dark stuff? And it's an actual Element
>The Maks of Shadows spreads bad feels and can see people's bad side

2006-2007 (?)
>Shadow isn't inherently evil, it just became culturally associated with evil after the Makuta rebellion

>Inner light is basically your good side so if it's drained from you you turn pure evil
>Oh, and you lose your element and you gain Shadow powers, because....?

Man, what a fucking mess. Am I the only one who wishes they never went with "LIGHT GOOD SHADOW BAD" and just used them as regular elements?
>>
>>7705085
He-he, reread the title and chuckled after you said that
>>
>>7705114
Yup, because just writing off shadow as a "bad" really impacted Makuta as characters, who for the most part became moustache twirling, damsel on the tracks laying, top hat wearing, stereotypical villains.
And the only "good" Makuta is a screaming psycho hellbent on revenge.
>>
>>7705114
It was dumb, and honestly, given how many methods of mutation and corruption there in the Bonkleverse, I don't know why they felt the need to introduce yet another one to explain the Shadow Matoran and Twilight Takanuva, thereby opening up a giant new can of worms that fundamentally affected the way the universe and the characters functioned. So basically everyone has potential shadow and light powers, as long as they "tap into" their shadow or light sides.
And that's not even getting into how this whole issue of turning back the corrupted people was solved with one of the story's biggest dumb contrived conveniences.
>>
>>7705138
They really could just have left out the entire concept of inner light/shadow and made it so corruption with bonus shadow powers is just something Makuta can do. Pretty sure everything in the story would still work perfectly fine that way, and not having evil inherently linked to shadow would have opened up the interesting possibility of corruption through other elements, if only as inspiration for fan content.
>>
File: dd.jpg (198 KB, 1343x1013)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
Thanks doc
>>
>>7705037
>have dozens of crashes
>can load the game mostly fine to continue where I left off
>exit the game normally
>save gets corrupted every time
Fucking damn. Seems many others are reporting corruptions too. The Makuta must be behind this.
>>
>>7705000
Master Kopaka, but without the gaudy gold. I am hoping to get matching parts in silver.
>>
>>7705138
Shadow Leeches can still exist (gotta explain them since they are the sets' "play feature), but instead of light draining they could have brainwashing/corruption properties, akin to Kraata infection.

The Avsa could still drain energy and "positive emotions", while Gorast would simply sap energy like a Vorahk, which would be still in line with her mosquito theme,
>>
File: Ahkmou.jpg (39 KB, 307x350)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>7705114
>>7705138
The dumbest part is that "draining inner light" works like a switch.
It doesn't matter what were the character's previous ideals and thoughts, if their light gets sapped they become murder machines, who want nothing to do but to be evil solely for the sake of it.
What's even dumber, is that it only works one-way. Vultraz's and Ahkmou's light hasn't been tampered with at all, and yet they have been full-on fucking psychos regardless.
>>
>>7705610
So lets just think this through. Both the Shadow Leeches and the corrupted, deformed Matoran had to have some in-story justification. They could have tied them together with one clear explanation, such as "the Shadow Leeches contain concentrated antidermis/mutagen/Hordika venom/Rahkshi poison/whatever that partially mutates and grants shadow abilities to their victims". Simple, easy, and doesn't mess with established lore by introducing any new rules about how the world works.
But they didn't do that, they instead introduced this universal "light side - dark side" retcon that was never alluded to previously, and they tied the Matoran's deformation to some other, non-SL-related explanation that was barely even mentioned in the story material. In both the comics and the books, Gavla immediately gets mutated when the Leech attacks her, only for Greg to "clarify" that this scene is actually not canon, and in reality she only got mutated after the fact, off-screen. But if the media is going to show the two events (Gavla's corruption and mutation) happening simultaneously and being caused by the Leeches, why make them canonically separate events that took place some time apart and were only half caused by the Leeches? That's one dumb new revelation that cheapens the rest of the lore, and one continuity inconsistency for the price of one. Lets just drop the inner shadow and light BS and make the Leeches the cause of the mutations, simple as that. Fixes both issues.
>>
File: 1544838244779.gif (3.77 MB, 500x473)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB GIF
Yeah the only bionicle lore you really need is the 2001/2/3 stuff

2004 is acceptable
>>
File: Future Turaga.jpg (195 KB, 1906x1050)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>7705513
What counts as exiting normally? I always just use Alt+F4 because it's faster and haven't had any trouble with that.
>>7705631
Speaking of Ahkmou, it's pretty nice how his tiny bit of dialogue in LoMN makes him seems so perfectly shady, almost like that part in an RPG where you meet the main villain as a mysterious stranger early on. Would have complemented his role in MNOG nicely if the game had actually come out back then.
>>
>>7705513
Which file do you copy to back up save data?
>>
>>7705681
I hate that I agree with you, but I do. even though some of my favourite sets are from 05, 06 and 07, the story just gets progressively worse and worse.
>>
>>7705690
just copy any .sav files in the “data” folder
>>
>>7705681
t. Normie.
>>
>>7705684
That's what I love most. This game actually feels like the perfect companion to MNOG and TotT that I always wished it would be.
>>
File: hefty fucker.png (216 KB, 340x255)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
I've been wondering lately, what do you guys think the physically largest mask is? I don't know much about G2 but for G1 i think its probably either the Olmak or the 08 Avohkii. would be interesting to see what the actual weights are on some of these.
>>
Seriously, what the FUCK is wrong with the camera on these water slide portions?
>>
>>7705758
the onua rolling section was no better. for the water slide I had to keep picking up my mouse while swiping it in whichever direction to get more movement out of it.
>>
>>7705762
I disagree. I had way less problems with the rolling part. There's more obstacles on the waterslide that fuck you up entirely because the camera and directional control is shit.
>>
>>7705747
Definitely a toss up between those too. Shadow Avohkii is proportionately very large but Olmak's really spacious.

It's not really big in the same but I find the Ignika kind of big in an awkward way. It sticks out super far and it's hard to make look good on builds.
>>
>>7705794
yeah its really the sort of thing that has to be on a huge titan and nothing else. the olmak is kind of similar but not to the same degree, though it does make turning the head more difficult if theres any big shoulder armor. was just wondering if theres any other big ones i'm missing, maybe from gen 2?
>>
>>7705805
Only the unproduced Mask of Ultimate Power prototype. The rest of the G2 masks are quite small.
>>
File: 20190814_152616.jpg (2.06 MB, 3810x1374)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
>>
>>7705833
my boy brutaka seems to be in the lead when it comes to G1
>>
>>7705837
The Olmak is wide as fuck but comparatively thin next to the Shadow Avohkii.
>>
>>7705833
what about the vezon ignika?
>>
>>7705747
Both the Olmak and the Shadow Avohkii weigh exactly 5 grams.
>>
>>7705844
I rarely even consider that a mask. But it's somewhere between the Kraahkan and the Shadow Avohkii, I think.
>>
>>7705758
>>7705762
>>7705779
I think the game uses raw input across the board, but the camera is filtered during the autorun segments. Make slower and more fluid motions with the mouse, and use your character as an absolute reference point instead of the camera. If you're still having problems, changing DPI to 800 or 1200 might help. Moving your cursor from the bottom left corner of the screen to the top right corner should be about 1:1 with your mouse pad.
>>
>>7705851
>changing DPI to 800 or 1200 might help
Howdoowaidoodat.
>>
>>7705850
I wonder if anyone's ever used that in it's mask of life form for a MoC.

I forget about it too, it has that little axle in there that gets in the way of the lights button on Zeon's eyes and everything.
>>
>>7705856
Usually you can change it with your mouse's software but I think the control panel in Windows only changes cursor speed.
>>
>>7705864
could be used for some nightmarish life creature with takadox heads everywhere and shit, like a "Barraki of Light"
>>
>>7705866
*Life, sort of as an alternative to Toa Ignika
looks like my prescription sleeping meds are kicking in
>>
>>7705000
Both Umaraks and probably a tie between Tahu 2015 and Lewa 2016
>>
File: Wipeout.png (697 KB, 1272x710)
697 KB
697 KB PNG
Fuck this gay Earth.
>>
>>7705681
>Missing the great climax that was not only the awaited endgame of the Toa since day one but also the revelation of one of the most if not THE most well kept secret in the history of fiction, after 8 years of great secrecy.
Gotta agree that shit like Greg going pannenkoek on Bionicle or having to read several serials plus comics plus books to have a full grasp of wtf is going on doesn't really do favours to the story of later years.
>>
>>7705747
Olmak, Avohkii and the Mask of Ultimate Power (titan sized, the printed version) are probably the 3 biggest masks in the entire franchise. Umarak's mask of control would take the first place if we included the mutated horns considering they are technically part of the mask.
>>
File: Bonks.jpg (1.19 MB, 2447x3264)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>7705000
I’ve ordered all the g2 Toa (masters and Uniters), but so far only Gali and Onua have arrived. I’m really loving Onuas design
Also after watching JTO I think I’ve got the get the Storm and Quake beasts, there really cool
>>
>>7705000
Toa Masters 2015:
>S tier
Gali, Onua
>A tier
Kopaka, Tahu
>B tier
Lewa, Pohaty
>>
I am literally incapable of getting past the waterslide part where you have to jump twice in a row without a massive fucking fluke at this point.
>>
>randomly come across lesovikk in a box
>none of his joints are cracked
im concerned that if i go to pose him properly he is just going to explode into lime green fragments.
>>
>>7706019
If they didn't cracked just from being passively assembled, they thould be fine so long as you don't actually pop any of the ball sockets. I took out my Elekk a while back which was left assembled in his canister and all the joints are perfectly fine even after some posing. The worst stress that happens to those joints is from snapping them together and you might have gotten some brittle lime green joints that are on the more durable side of things.
>>
>>7706019
>explode into lime green fragments.
I remember this happening with another set, was their lime green ABS just inherently weaker than the rest?
>>
>cleaning up my place
>find that Dar/Light Titan Takanuva I got a few years ago
>still in the crumpled box
Cool, I wonder what 2008 air smells like?
>>
>>7706128
tell us anon
tell us what the the glory days smell like
>>
how the fug do you damage the water elemental?wave glyph doesn't seem to be doing anything.
>>
>>7706151
I didn't use wave glyph whatsoever during the fight.

When he succ, u shoot. You know when you've hit them if they drop you before you get eaten and spit back out.
>>
>pohatu's p-key action is piss
WHY
>>
I must say po-koro was fucking paradise compared to ga-koro. Least janky area in the game so far. Ko-koro is already seeming crash-happy.
>>
>>7706285
Yeah, then it's probably for the best to give the game a few more months. Jank will always be an issue, but at least the crashes will be fewer.
>>
>>7705681
It's several different settings in one, really
In 2001 it was just an island with robot inhabitants, big focus on the island itself and it's myths and wilderness
Then you can take something like 2001-2005 where it's a bigger story with multiple time eras and locations, also the scope of the history of the world is starting to get revealed
Then if you consider all of 2001-2010 it's just bonkers
I personally like the early Mata Nui stuff by far the most. Unique atmosphere that was kind of lost along the way.
>>
>>7706330
If they could fix the rolling/surfing/skiing sections to be more tolerable somehow, I would consider replaying this again.
>>
>>7706334
I dunno, 2004 is the best for me atmosphere wise. Still get butterflies in my stomach whenever I see that Metru Nui skyline they used in instruction backgrounds. Dunno why they say this is a boring setting, it was always full of mystery to me.
>>
I just want to say, considering Lego games have been cookie cutter bullshit for over a decade now, it's refreshing to play a Lego game that isn't the same old shlock. It's not a pointless stud piece collectathon with overly cartoonish slapstick and LDD sound effects where you hold down a button to build another fucking bridge out of bricks for the thousandth time. It's like, you know... just a Bionicle game.
>>
File: 1564280268906.jpg (334 KB, 1791x1791)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
>>7705833
>Lego never made the MoUP
Feels bad, at least now I have this custom MoUP to build out of Lego pieces
>>
File: 20190807_171748.jpg (1.48 MB, 2742x3595)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
>>7706382
I would prefer if you share the most recent version.
>>
>>7706386
I wonder if G2 Makuta could only mind control people if they put on his mask. No wonder people thought his masks were useless
>>
>>7706395
The Mask of Control could manipulate the minds of others, but his connection to the mask was so strong that he could channel his power through someone else if they put it on themselves.
>>
>>7706397
>Could've just brainwashed the entire island into liking his masks more than Ekimu's
>>
File: 1565495205183.jpg (1.48 MB, 2752x3096)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
>>7706386
Oh hey, there was one
>>
>>7706399
Ekimu would've decked him in the mask one way or another. He forged the MoUP hoping that Ekimu wouldn't stand a chance.
>>
>>7706418
How overpowered Ekimu must be that all of Makuta's schemes could be countered with a bitch slap of a hammer.
>>
G2 Makooti's resurrection plan was actually pretty straight forward. At first it seems like a lot of shit doesn't make any sense at all, but I'm finding answers to most of the inconsistencies as soon as I ask them.
>Why did he wait for the Toa to arrive?
He needed them to unite with the creatures and unlock the Maze of Control.
>Why didn't he destroy the Mask of Creation immediately?
He needed it to bait the Toa into reviving Ekimu because his light element is necessary to open the portal.
>Why did he need the Mask of Control to mindfuck Umarak at all? Why couldn't the skull armies have collected the MoUP fragments for him?
Just like with Ekimu, he needed Umarak's shadow element. Also, because the arrival of the Toa is important to his plan, he needed full control over a force strong enough to curbstomp them with little effort and Kulta had failed him.

Honestly, there was a lot less room for error here when compared to The Plan™, which seemed to rely mostly on dumb luck and coincidence.
>>
>>7706430
>Teridax slips on a pile of Kavinika shit
>EVEN MY SETBACKS ARE PLANNED!
>>
File: 20190814_232513.jpg (320 KB, 766x2228)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
>>7706411
Thanks. Have a parts list.
>>
File: these.jpg (104 KB, 952x773)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
Has anyone managed to get these? How does it work?
>>
File: 1490198060408.jpg (95 KB, 659x385)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>Looking up G2 sets because I'm interested in getting some representation for the series on my shelves
>Umarak the destroyer is like 300$

Excuse what in fuck. Was he a mail order exclusive or something? How's a normal ass set from like 2 years ago that expensive?
>>
>>7706541
Lego Store and US Toys-R-Us exclusive, yes. Not to mention generally in pretty short supply.
>>
>>7706544
Welp. Shame too cuz all that neon green plastic is pretty.
>>
>>7706546
It also doesn't help that the set is a part of the Makuta combiner model, making it even more sought after. When that was revealed upon the series cancellation, all of its components skyrocketed in price.
>>
File: AngelaWeddlephoto.jpg (89 KB, 690x920)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>Muh I prefer Lego bricks over bionicles
>>
>>7706541
>>7706544
>>7706546
>>7706559
Not OP but I'm really debating whether I want to just use KO Pieces for that part of the model or just buy the pieces and bite the bullet.
>>
>>7706571
Hidden Side is gonna outlive bionicle and has chutulu ghosts. Does bionicle have chutulu ghodts? Is leaf gonna be about elf girls ccbs?
>>
>>7706575
>Does bionicle have chutulu ghodts?
Yes, Tren Krom while he was doing that whole bodysnatching thing.
>>
>>7706573
Makuta doesn't actually use that many of The Destroyer's parts.
>>
>>7706575
>>7706595
Annona too. The EP entity was kind of an eldritch horror as well.
>>
>save Ko-Koro, enter Nuju's hut, get told the usual stuff about talking to Tohunga
>walk back outside
>crash
>reload
>crash again
>reload
>back in Nuju's hut
>walk outside
>Rahi are back
>kill them again, go to the area before the village this time to see if it fixes the issue
>the fucking door into the village is closed again
>painfully platform up the tower to press the switch, go back in
>Rahi are back
Fuck it, Ko-Koro can keep its infestation, I'll just do the rest of the level and see if it works anyway.
>>
>>7706064
lego fucked up a batch of lime plastic so most sets from 2007 are cursed
>>
>>7706544
Also, some European countries didn't even import him. Our country got the Beasts and Ekimu but Umarak never showed up.
>>
>>7706541
Everyone screaming that it's one of the best sets probably didn't help either.
>>
>>7706676
that's umarak the hunter tho, I don't think detroyer is so unanimously loved
>>
>>7706677
Oh shit, my bad. Didn't notice that it wasn't the Hunter.
>>
>>7706541
where are you looking
>>
>>7706677
If anything, UtD is one of the most controversial sets, probably because people expected something different.
>>
>>7706575
You don't even know what Cthulhu is...
>>
>>7706710
Oh cool, I can actually afford him if I eat nothing but instant noodles for a week
>>7706724
Please give me a fic about some eldritch Old One hidden away deep in the archives
>>
>>7706575
Hidden Side won't even outlive G2.
>>
>>7706737
I don't believe you
>>
>>7706737
It probably will. But I don't think it's meant to be an evergreen theme, just the new Nexo Knights type kinda.
>>
>>7706749
I think so too. It seems like Lego's first truly big foray into AR, so I think it's more of an experimental theme to see how this type of thing can sell.
At least it's not another fucking license theme.
>>
File: Iron.png (50 KB, 283x481)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>7704982
Personally, since bronze as a color is a thing in the MU, I think of Brutaka gold as gold and use Takanuva gold as a stand-in for bronze. Even the Krana Kal used them as separate colors afterall.
The catch is, it renders 2003 Takanuva's colors a bit counterintuitive. But had Taka been released after 2006 he would've been Brutaka gold for sure.
>>
>>7706761
>stars takanuva was silver
>no pearl gold avohkii exists if you didnt suck lego employees off
still mad about that.
>>
I love the Bohrok saga art
The earliest comics were great
>>
>>7706853
>Get away from her, you bitch
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
That had to be intentional
>>
>start LoMN over after my last two saves got corrupted
>can't progress beyond Onu-Koro because one tiny bug glitched out and became invincible
>killed me six times over but takes no damage, not from my projectiles, nor from jumping on it, nor from melee attacks
>can't escape from it because it zooms over the moment it spots me when I respawn
Fuck the giant Takea, this bastard is the scariest fucker in the game.
>>
>>7706853
2002 was peak Bionicle comics. No tie-in movie to take away the spotlight, the plot actually has a beginning, middle and end, all Toa share the spotlight, and despite tons of coloring errors, the pencil artist really knocked it out of the park.
>>
>>7706867
?
>>
>>7706915
pretty sure he means that fighting the bahrag in an exo-toa is an Alien (Aliens? i forget which one has that) reference
>>
>>7706903
The Takea became endearing after a while.
>slowly drifts over
>is harmless
>sup buddy?
>nuthin' much
>okay bye
>>
>>7706950
it damaged me by biting a grand total of once when I swam in front of it.
>>
It's fun playing this game alongside you anons! Fun!
>>
>>7706444
Thanks, also nice trips
>>
>>7707057
honestly when it’s not crashing or fucking up the camera on a waterslide this is a pretty solid game. if those issues get ironed out i could see myself replaying it a lot.
>>
>>7703207
Is there a good place to buy parts for making bionicle mocs? I don't have my legos anymore and the only bionicles i have access too are G2 kits. Am I just gonna have to dive through ebay lots and craigslist listings?
>>
>>7707133
bricklink
>>
>>7707138
I thought bricklink closed down their store? I tried checking the other night and got an error. Hopefully that was just a mistake on my part because thats the only place I know that sells specific parts.
>>
>>7707146
might have been maintenance
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/main.page
>>
>>7706929
Yeah, that
>>
>>7707146
>>7707156
yeah Bricklink goes down for a day around this time of the month for routine maintenance.

Do they just give a 404 and not a down for maintenance message if you try to connect? Because that's a bit silly.
>>
>>7707279
nah, it’s an actual maintenance message page
>>
>>7706710
I usually filter out worldwide cuz shipping and import fees.

Russia kind of strikes me as a "this is a KO" flag too.
>>
>>7707352
KO?
>>
>>7707442
Knockoff.
>>
>>7707352
I've literally never gotten a KO from anyone ever, so that's an irrational thought. I don't think BrickLink tolerates it, and if you do receive one you could almost certainly get your money back.

Russia fucking loves Bonks, anon. They wouldn't do you wrong like that.
>>
>>7706761
I think that's part of it too, now that you point it out. It's not exactly that I think dark gold is a better gold than pearl gold, it's that I like bronze as an armor colour more than I like gold.

>>7706774
Yeah they did Takanuva dirty in the Stars line. Like I get that Tahu had to get all the gold parts because he had to be the chosimbaone because >Tahu, but fuckers should have taken the excuse to release a pearl gold Avohkii.
>>
>>7707738
>chosimbaone
Did you just have a stroke?
>>
>>7707738
A white Avohkii would have veen cool too.
>>
>>7707760
Shoo, zoomer.
>>
>>7707782
Sorry that I don't know your obscure as fuck meme that barely shows up any results from even a Google search, gramps. You sure got me.
>>
File: IMG_20190806_154116992.jpg (2.23 MB, 4096x2304)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
Speaking of Avohkii, I splurged (10$ for a fucking mask that wasn't even a recolor goddamn)

It's good to know that there's still plenty of Avohkiis out there in perfect condition but god DAMN is my old one just a disaster. It's hard to even capture how bad it looks in photos.
>>
>>7707821
Packing in one with every Matoran two-pack helped keep them in plentiful supply.
>>
God, I wish I never sold my 2015 / 2016 bonkles. Really hope there is a G3 with Tahu and co.
>>
>>7707837
>selling G2

I mean, I don't even understand why you would have bought them in the first place. You get a complete collection by 2016 to sell it in like two years? For a non-existant profit since you almost surely opened all of them?
I'm honestly baffled. Especially since G2 set a new golden standards as far as constraction sets are concerned.
>>
>>7707821
Hey that's like my Avohkii
>>
>>7707821
my avohkii is like that too. wonder why it only happens to this mask specifically, my dark gold nuva armour is barely scratched while my avohkii looks like its been attacked by sandpaper.
>>
>>7707930
I kind of wonder if it's the shape of the mask that causes more fraying? All my other dark gold pieces are fine, except for the dark gold staff piece on my Toa Iruini, which is now where near as bad but frayed a bit in the same way.
>>
>>7707882
I needed the money bruh
>>
>>7706950
Where's the giant takea? Is there anu yt vid with it in it?
>>
>>7707821
how were you storing it? i've got three avohkii but theyre all on mocs that i have no desire to change so theyre not receiving much friction
>>
>>7708061
Pretty sure it just got that way from being in a lego bin. My Takanuva's been built for a few years but before then it would have been loose in a lego bin for nearly 10 years.
>>
>>7708021
At 41:08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XjolCH3dCg
>>
So where can I get the best deal on G2 sets?
>>
>Legendary Kanohi Vahi doesnt actually let user travel forward or backwards in time, merely accelerates or decelerates its flow in a projected area
>Bitil's Mohtrek lets him pull copies of himself from any point in time
The latter is clearly superior to the former in terms of power so what exactly makes the Vahi legendary?
>>
>>7708118
I was going to say the Mohtrek's time power is at least SEVRELY flawed due to its risks, but then I remember that it basically indirectly has the power of creating entire alternate timelines if you kill a summoned past version of its user.

I forget, is the Vahi's user perception of time affected by it too? Because if you could use it like a real life frame advance that would be really strong.
>>
>>7706334
>>7706351
Though I like bits and pieces of the later years what really turns me off from it is how so many characters are just coldsteel edgelords. There was a lot more innocence in the early years that just got overshadowed by all the grimderp shit that came from developing so many villain backstories.
>>
>>7707279
The message I saw when I got on was "this service has shut down permanently" or something along those lines in a text box that appeared over the normal site with the rest of the paged darkened. I hit ok and it brought me back to the front page. Maybe I just clicked on the wrong link or misread the maintenance message, it was pretty late for me.
>>
>>7708118
It probably just means that the energy stored within Vahi is immense, because Noble, Great and Legendary status seems to reflect how much energy a mask of certain level can store rather than their powers. And if you fuck up the Vahi, it fucks up the entire time flow due to the sheer ammount of time power leaking out.
I wonder what consequences there are to damaging the Mask of Creation.
>>
>>7708256
I believe Greg said that if the Mask of Creation were destroyed, the inhabitants of the MU would lose all creative ambition.
>>
>>7708265
Man, that sounds pretty nifty. Shame Mask of Creation and Arthakha didn't appear in the story much.
>>
>>7708293
At least we got a Mask of Creation eventually. Maybe in 20 years when G3 rolls around, we'll finally get the Mask of Ultimate Power.
>>
File: MOUP.png (462 KB, 763x452)
462 KB
462 KB PNG
I stumbled across a couple other brick built MoUPs. They're kinda similar in a few ways; I've got no idea if they're both from the same builder.

Less impressive I think, to say the least.
>>
>kopaka's boss door requires 100 tokens to open according to the github
this isn't true is it? I never had any trouble opening boss doors after getting the glyph up until now.
>>
>>7708397
turns out it was only 60
>>
>>7708397
I honestly wasn't even aware you needed tokens for them. But that certainly explains why there are still so many to collect behind the UDD doors.
>>
File: igrumvt0uqg31.jpg (84 KB, 790x499)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
Le EPICCC Bionicles meme courtesy of plebbit.
>>
>>7708496
Ha ha! Laughed out loud!
>>
>navigate through a maze, a riddle, and two autorun sections to reach the area where you have to form a bridge by making icicles drop
>if you fall from the bridge you respawn on the lower level of the same area and can only get back up by redoing everything
Am I missing something or did they just put Satan in charge of designing Ko-Wahi?
>>
>>7708358
Right looks off and the left one is built with LDD so not sure if all the pieces come in black

I still prefer >>7706411 though
>>
ko-koro is certainly something. I still don't think it was as much of a bitch as ga-koro, but the level design was somehow simple and annoyingly labyrinthine at the same time.
>>
>>7708684
>ko-koro
koro, wahi, whatever
>>
>Kopaka telling the villagers to quit losing their shit
Lul
>>
So,are we getting a new constraction theme or not?
>>
>>7708858
I'm saying not likely. But then again, I've bet me eating my boxers on that not happening.
>>
>>7708684
Ended up putting the game down once I realized how non functional most of that level was. The other levels up to that point had similar issues sporadically, but ignoring incidental bugs, the way you're supposed to go would work every time. Regardless of whether or not it's possible to finish it, the intended path in Kopaka's level is so broken or unfinished it's almost not even worth playing.
>>
>>7707352
Nah man, the Russians can be trusted when it comes to two things: alcohol and Bionicle. You've got nothing to worry about.
>tfw bought a new Uniter Onua and the golden skull mask polybag from Russia with no issues
>>
>>7706761
I really like 2003 takanuva's colors tho, he looks a bit more interesting than he would with gold
these colors wold suit a Darks Souls character desu
>>
>>7709018
To be fair, the biggest issue of ordering from Russia is trusting their postal service.
>>
File: 1533971556487.png (95 KB, 1999x1346)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
I'm sad some weapons only exist in a few colors or just one.
I would have loved to have a pearl light gray Lewa axe.
>>
>>7709589
Crystal blades were in many colors :^)
>>
>>7709589
I would've loved if pearl light gray weapons never were a thing
>>
File: 1518421451921.png (104 KB, 2704x1454)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>7709616
Why anon?
Does that particular color offend you?
>>
File: 1372889340994.jpg (278 KB, 1066x1160)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>>7709616
>Mata and Turaga weapons are basically the only weapons to come in colours
>Literally EVERYTHING afterwards except Inika and Piraka weapons are all silver

thanks I dislike it
>>
>>7708922
I was just about to post that I've had the least amount of crashes in Kopaka' level, only to finish a sliding section and spawn outside the map, crashing the game. Yeah they definitely could have waited a few more months to release this.
>>
>>7709589
>>7709638
These are so fucking bizarre. Can somebody give me the quick rundown and/or a more in-depth background to them?
>>
>>7706595
>Tfw I used to believe that a pic of Chtuhlu was Tren Krom and didn't find out until many years later because an online friend sent me a pic and told me that Tren Krom was like that
>>
>>7707821
Not worse looking than my gunmetal Nuva bodyarmor from Makuta. Those fuckers have a side badly bent and it shows too much.
Maybe some day I'll buy some replacements.
>>
>>7709743
They were drawn up by some anon on /v/ back when the beta for Legend of Mata Nui was leaked. No real reason otherwise, just a fun if not trippy result of that.
>>
>>7709653
>Literally EVERYTHING afterwards except Inika and Piraka weapons are all silver
The Hordika are once again forgotten
>>
>>7709828
Oh yeah I forgot about them, I'm a dummy.

Some Hordika weapons are pretty cool, I really like Whenua's pilebunkers.
>>
The Chad Hordika
>>
I really like the articulated Hordika arm. I kind of want extras of them so I can give my Hordika's symmetrical arms with it, but I kind of feel as though the asymmetry is part of their charm.
>>
>>7709858
>Everyone disliked the Hordika's because of their asymmetry
>Now they're one of the more liked designs since everything afterwards was the streamlined Inika build
>>
>>7709979
>Now they're one of the more liked designs
Not true.
>>
>>7709979
>Now they're one of the more liked designs
No they're still bad. The asymmetry gets to you
>>
File: 1465277555527.jpg (44 KB, 384x424)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>7710023
Just buy two!
>>
>>7705926
Lewa and Gali are objectively the best
>>
>>7710060
>Lewa
>overdesigned mask
>barely has a neck
>dumb arm proportions
>somehow expects us to believe he can fly with axe heads on his forearms
Nah.
>>
>>7709858
I love the fapping gear function
>>
>>7710023
The asymmetry is the least of their problems, desu.
>>
>>7710068
also, while keetorange complements apple green nicely, it's not balanced very well on Lewa at all.
>>
File: 1453781511222.png (503 KB, 506x596)
503 KB
503 KB PNG
>>7705000
>sold my 2015 gali for 35 bucks
>now some people are buying them for twice that
>regretting it since i'd rather have her back than have the 35 or 70 dollars
>>
>>7709653
>>7709589
Mata weapons and makes were amazing
makes sense when they were pretty similar sets otherwise (except for mah boy pohatu)
>>
>>7710235
I think the first sets were unmatched in their charm and aesthetics.
>>
>>7709979
I don't care about the asymetry at all, they're just fucking ugly, have a dumb, horribly integrated gimmick and are the cloniest of clone sets - even their fucking weapons are a variant on the same thing
>>7710068
don't forget:
>like three different kinds of yellow
>axes held so high they would barely have chopping power

he's still like a 6/10 set though desu
>>
>>7710240
yeah I agree, the little differences between them are also charming - I love how they tried their best to differenciate them while using almost the same parts pool
>>
>comic con Tahu mask being sold for almost 3K on Bricklink
Theres no way they're that rare, right? The gali mask yes but not the Tahu one.
>>
>>7710246
The clear one? I only see one listed for 25 bucks.
>>
>>7710246
There's the Comic-Con one and then there's the VIP event one. They're the same exact fucking mask, but the package of the VIP ones are numbered 1 through 100. That's it. THAT'S ALL that makes it so rare.
>>
>>7710171
What kind of cropped pornography is this from?
>>
>>7710278
Gali pegging Tahu.
>>
>>7710241
>and are the cloniest of clone sets
>What are every Toa set since Voya Nui
>>
>>7710349
but Toa got less cloney after Voya Nui if anything (not that they got better neccessarily)
they do overuse the Inika build but they also have personal touches, weapons, gear etc. - hordika all have the weird twin weapons and nothing else
>>
>>7710349
>What is every Toa set before
Bonks just had a lot of fucking clone sets, no need to argue which are the cloneiest. Although Vahki are fucking identical just sayin
>>
>>7710381
the vahki have different staff designs, so they’re pretty much on the same level as bohrok in that respect
>>
>>7710349
The clone syndrome of the Hordika is one of the worst cases if anything, cause it's a bad, lazy execution of their "mutated freaks" concept. At least they had moderate height differences as Metru, but mutations make them look closer to each other? Such shitty designs for what they're meant to represent.
>>
How god forsakenly long do I have to shoot at these dumb ass falling boulders for? This is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>7710438
until there's enough of an opening in the gate to get through.
>>
>>7710438
>>7710442
>there’s no indication of when the door is open far enough unless you look directly at it
>end up wasting a bunch of time on the rocks
they did this TWICE so far
>>
File: accusingstickman.jpg (20 KB, 328x396)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>7709979
>>Now they're one of the more liked designs
Now hold on one darn minute.
I like their heads and weapons, and that's it. Don't try to fabricate some consensus when no one is paying attention.
>>
>>7710235
For as much shit as people gave the early sets for being clones the mata really did have some nice variety to them

Like Gali's got that socket tiddy and a clear mask
Onua's hunchback
Pohatu is a fucking medical abomination
Kopaka basically has two big weapons if you consider his shield, and an asymmetric mask before it was cool
I guess if any of them were close to being clones it would be Tahu and Lewa, but they've still got some minor differences.
>>
>>7710427
Well at least Miramax made them diverse.
>>
>>7710258
You mean the clear transparent G2 Hau that was given to BZPower people?
>>
Right lads, its time. Favorite bonk list, whatever you like the most from each category. I wanna see those opinions, kings.

>Toa:

>Villain(Canister set):

>Titan/Warrior:

>Rahi:

>Matoran:

>Vehicle:

>Playset:
>>
>>7708684
I went back to an earlier save after I took a wrong turn and missed one part of a level. Then I realized there were a whole bunch of sections I had missed out earlier without being aware of it. And yet when I went back to complete these parts and then tried to return to where I had left off, the puzzles I previously completed had reset themselves.
This truly is a bizarre level setup, it just lets you miss out huge sections where you should pick up important stuff, and there's at least one room that looks like it has a puzzle, but it doesn't function. And in another area, the "grappling hook" doesn't work even though it did earlier.
Basically, yeah, lets wait for the next update.
>>
>>7710526
I'll go first:

>Toa: Norik

>Villain(Canister set): Antroz

>Titan/Warrior: Brutaka

>Rahi: Tarakava

>Matoran: any of the McToran but if I had to choose then Jaller

>Vehicle: Jetrax T6

>Playset: Probably the Tower of Toa just because of the Golden Kraahkan you get with it
>>
>>7710526
Pohatu
Reidak
Axonn
Keetongu
Nuparu
Jetrax t6 even though i never got one
Toa terrain crawler
>>
>>7710526
>>Toa:
Onewa Metru
>>Villain(Canister set):
Skrall
>>Titan/Warrior:
Maxilos
>>Rahi:
Kikanalo
>>Matoran:
Hafu
>>Vehicle:
Skopio
>>Playset:
None were ever good
>>
>>7710526
>Toa:
Pohatu Nuva
>Villain(Canister set):
Kohrak-Kal
>Titan/Warrior:
03 Makuta
>Rahi:
i'm gonna say tarakava. I didn't get any rahi sets outside of 4 visorak and the red hydruka.
>Matoran:
Matoro. First set I ever got.
>Vehicle:
Skopio
>Playset:
Eh...
>>
>>7710442
Dude, I don't know why but this part is pissing me off SO MUCH MORE than any of the janky sliding sections. Like holy fucking shit I'm getting so mad at this bullshit. I have no idea what it is about it.
>>
>Toa: '01 Tahu

>Villain(Canister set): Bohrok

>Titan/Warrior: Maxilos

>Rahi: Kardas Dragon

>Matoran: Matoro

>Vehicle: Exo-Toa

>Playset: Terrain Crawler, only because of the recolors
>>
>>7710608
I recognize that feel. Had to attempt that part like a dozen or more times. One time I actually passed it, only for the game to immediately close itself once I got though the gate.
What really makes it hard, other than the ridiculously slowly opening gate, is the limited ammo (250 tops) and that it's hard to aim because the ammo flies so slowly. They should really speed up the gate at the very least.
Aiming and striking at stuff in general is tougher than it should be. Enemies zap toward you, and they're stupid hard to fight off at a close distance. Pohatu's boss fight is in a league of its own, cause the boss' hitbox is so small, he keeps moving about, and your shots only hit him at a close range. If you keep a safe distance, they fly over him. I get the game has to be challenging, but it's more frustrating than anything.
>>
File: Arrow.png (1.15 MB, 1271x701)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
I don't know what I expected.
>>
>>7710642
I keep playing because this is all and all a dream come true and the closest thing to the Bionicle game I've always wanted. But fuck me, I've thrown my mouse a couple times now. It's one of the most frustrating things I've subjected myself to in a long ass time.
>>
are there any good places to go into learning how to make mocs? I don't have many pieces so i've been using bricklink studio to try and see but i'm honestly pretty stumped on how to make anything. I started watching some moc videos but there aren't many out there that show the parts and the building process that i've found so far. Also, side note, does anyone remember the flash point and click adventure game? That was really cool, i'm not sure why they never made more.
>>
>>7710713
Check out biomedia project. They have both the flash game and PDFs of the combiner sets you can draw inspiration from.
>>
>>7710713
They did make another one. It's not as good.
>>
>>7710740
oh well that sucks. Guess thats why I haven't heard of it.
>>7710731
Haven't heard of that site but I actually have the flash game saved on my old computer! Will check out the combiner sets.
>>
I don't think I'm doing any damage to the air elemental.
>>
>>7710758
Neither do I. Of course I'm still stuck on Pohatu's level, so that's probably why.
>>
>>7710758
turns out it was pretty simple but had little indication of how to do it, as with many things in the game.
>>
File corrupted and replacing the .sav file didn't work. Guess I'm starting this level over.
>>
>>7710780
I've noticed that the .sav file only gets modified after entering the next region after beating a boss. Identifying exactly which file is the one to back up seems a bit tricky.
>>
>>7710788
What if I copy the whole data folder?
>>
File: 1.png (2 KB, 151x115)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>7710791
the data folder has like all the game's assets in the subfolders, so you wouldn't want to copy those. Aside from the folders and player0/player1.sav, I have two other files in there: main.blk and base.osi. maybe copy those too.
>>
>>7710666
I really appreciate that they put a checkpoint right before the arrow.
>>
File: nac.jpg (629 KB, 750x1543)
629 KB
629 KB JPG
>>7710713
Bionicle (and Lego by extension) is like a language where all the words are interchangeable. Any part can be used for anything, but the key is finding the shape you want and figuring out how to implement it. The best place to start really is just taking a single piece you like and seeing what you can attach to it or vice versa. I think the big hump for most people is seeing each part as a mode of delivery for the shape, connection, or function it can provide, as opposed to it's intended function and nothing else (a foot, a head, armor, torso, etc). Try looking at other mocs and replicate them by identifying which parts they use and extrapolating any connections you can't see. Another way is to use an existing set or combiner as a base to build off of, but you usually end up with something lame if you follow the original design too closely.

Studio is fine, but it's more intuitive for bricks than bonks. If you're short on materiel, buy bulk parts. Go check listings on eBay for assorted Bionicle parts by the pound, find one that's fairly priced or has a good looking pile or container and buy as much as you think you'll need. Also make sure to soak used anything in warm soapy water for a few hours, children are flithy.

As far as guides go, I haven't seen any great step-by-step ones either, but it's a tough subject to cover in an approachable way. Maybe I'll do a longer organized paste if we ever get a new constraction theme. Until that happens, 30 Minute Mocs was a good series for introductory building techniques.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFFreFlfC9A
Sadly, Stippling disappeared a little while after G2 went tits-up, so there's only around a dozen episodes. It's not a guide per se, but you get a time lapse of the building process, an explanation of his reasoning behind part usage and construction, and even a little fanon if you're into giving your creations some backstory. Definitely good inspo if you're limited to more recent sets for parts.
>>
File: mantid.jpg (708 KB, 1543x750)
708 KB
708 KB JPG
oh and speaking of tits up, been checking in from time to time, and it seems like it's a lot more active around here now than it has been. Thanks for not dying from lack of new stuff, /biog/.
>>
>>7710995
Well we did get an update for Legend of Mata Nui Rebuilt, which I would consider "new stuff." We've been playing that for the last week.
>>
What rare/underused colors would you like to have seen used more? For me, it’s the ones that only appeared in 2001, particularly purple and teal.
>>
>>7711027
At least sand blue got some usage later (even if it was only Vezok) and G2 gave us some dark orange. Agree on purple and teal, though, even if Slizers had some too
>>
>>7711027
>>7711030
>artakha was described as being primarily sand green
>a color which only appeared on the limbs of Zaktan
>>
File: Cheese'd.png (1.24 MB, 1273x709)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
Lol. You can jump up here without hitting any of the targets by using the Kakama.
>>
The levels seem to get progressively shorter. Onu-wahi took me the longest to beat, followed by ga-wahi. Po-wahi was the first one that felt short to me, then ko-wahi was slightly longer, and then le-wahi was even shorter than po-wahi.
>>
>>7709589
Where can I download the game.
>>
>>7711067
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/the-legend-of-mata-nui/
>>
>>7711068
Thank you
>>
>>7711027
Definitely purple. For such a distinct and basic colour it's fucking wild how little they used it. Literally two fucking sets.

>>7711035
Yeah that's a complaint I've seen a few times. Book characters being described in ways that are just impossible to build.
>>
>>7710526
>Toa:
Pohatu Mata
>Villain(Canister set):
Pridak
>Titan/Warrior:
Brutaka
>Rahi:
Pewku
>Matoran:
Piruk
>Vehicle:
don't care
>Playset:
don't care
>>
>>7711027
sand green definitely
it looks so good too
>>
File: rebuilt.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Where can I download the game? The link on the release trailer doesn't work.
>>
>>7709828
Not to mention the Glatorian, half of whom had colorful, elementally-themed weapons as well. Agori too. People seem to knock how colorful 2009 was but honestly, after 2008, it was great.
>>
>>7711096
Biomedia project
>>
>>7711106
Thanks, I thought it was just the original.
>>
After a certain point the Stone Elemental just stops giving me boulders to kick. What do?
>>
>>7711106
>>7711108
Well shit, the launcher gives me a "page not found"
>>
>>7711109
your glyph attack (ctrl) summons some
>>
>>7711111
I had to turn off my antivirus for the download to start
>>
>>7711113
Ah, thanks.
>>
The launcher keeps saying "a new Rebuilt patch is available" and I can't enter the game.
>>
>>7711123
Once the game is downloaded, the launcher shits itself. Find the folder the game has actually downloaded to. There will be a Hau icon just called "Bionicle" and that's the game. Put a shortcut to that on your desktop and you should be ready to roll.
>>
>>7711112
I tried that earlier and it wasn't doing anything.
>>
>>7711134
Is there a way to change the resolution when starting the game directly?
>>
>>7711027
copper and sand green.
>>
>>7711123
Uninstall everything and download again. When your prompted with "is the game downloaded?" Select no and it will download rebuilt.
>>
>>7711142
That's what I did, though.
>>
>>7711144
You sure you uninstalled everything? Even the actual game, not just the launcher? When i had that issue its because i still had the old version of the game installed even though i had redownload the launcher twice.
>>
>>7711148
I did it the first time before having anything installed.
>>
>>7711148
>>7711153
Tried reinstalling, still the same shit.
>>
>>7711158
Hm. Open up the launcher directory and bin the file with the infected
Hau.
>>
>>7711162
I can use the ini file to change the resolution, but the game keeps switching to a small window, whether I have windowed set to 0 or 1.
>>
>>7709653
I'll never get the appeal of solid colored weapons. Silver and gunmetal weapons
(and gold ones to a lesser degree) are so easy to swap out for another one. With colored weapons, I costantly have to worry about them matching the figure's colors. I'd probably make an exception for black and transparent weapons, but anything else looks goofy.
>>
>>7711027
I definitely wish they would have tried to release at least one more 2001 mask in purple and sand blue. I’ve been working towards building up a 2001 collection/display and I’m having a hard time not thinking Onepu and Matoro stand out in an odd way. I think just having one more guy in similar colors would help make them look like they fit in. Huki gets away with it since he’s still squarely in a brownish range, but there’s not a lot tying the purple and blue to their respective elements’ 2001 palettes, which were just grays and black/white.

What’s frustrating is how easily it could have been done, it’s not as if there wasn’t ample opportunity. Just keep Kopeke’s original design for his 2003 set, and have either the purple Nui-Jaga or Onepu himself use something other than a Pakari. It could have been great.

And I mean, sure, I’d also want to see the colors used more in general, but it’s mainly my mask color autism talking here.
>>
Anyone have any experience buying Chinese knockoffs off ebay? There's a few older sets I'd like to have but they're way too expensive for me to consider buying second-hand.
>>
>>7711355
Just bought some Chinese knockoffs yesterday.
They look pretty legit but the joints are extremely loose so posing them is impossible.
>>
>>7711355
They're garbage, don't buy.
>>
File: 10269-1.png (2.08 MB, 2000x1832)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB PNG
Do you think any of the constraction figures could ride this? Seems to be around the right scale
>>
>>7711439
Possibly, but if we're talking about bikes for bonkles I think the Furno Bike or Speeda Demon's bike would fit constraction's visual style a lot better than a System model based on a IRL bike.
T. I own both bikes and both look great
>>
File: 1456190650872.jpg (188 KB, 1152x704)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
Any anons have that picture of 4-5 different types of articulated limbs for mata/nuva?
>>
Any tips for torso designs? I'm trying to build a moc with a flexible abdomen.
>>
>>7706411
>>7706444
Retard here, got instructions for this?
>>
>>7711439
Somebody put shapeshifted Antroz on this immediately.
>>
>>7711166
On Windows? Try holding the home button and enter. It'll make it fullscreen, at least. You'll still have black bars around the game, but that's probably less annoying that seeing the desktop.
>>
>>7711883
I'll post a deconstruction when I have some time to take pictures. Keep an eye out.
>>
>>7711439
It's a little big, would need to be a titan or moc.
>>
>>7711894
Doesn't do anything. win+up maximizes it for like 2 seconds, after which it goes back to a small window.
>>
>>7711213
I get that silver is a more interchangeable colour and easier to use, I just find it really boring that so many weapons ONLY come in silver.
>>
>>7712068
Sorry, win+alt+enter.
>>
>>7711800
Figure out the connection between upper and lower torso first, then fill out the shape you want around that. Broad shouders/narrow hips for a masculine look, shoulders/hips roughly 1:1 for a feminine look. Consider vertical proportions and how you will connect the limbs while making your core. Maybe try something like >>7711663 for an ab crunch. Otherwise, you could probably get away with using a single joint on a small or medium-sized build

>>7711894
>>7712068
>>7712183
It's just Alt+Enter, the Windows key isn't involved at all.
>>
>>7712183
>>7712199
Thanks. Unfortunately it's still tiny, despite being set to 1080 on a 1080 screen. I might just wait until some update perhaps fixes it.
>>
How do you use the elemental glyphs?
>>
>>7712302
Ctrl
>>
>>7712302
ctrl. onua's lets you damage the earth elemental later in the fight, and pohatu's gives you boulders, the rest don't seem to do much of anything.
>>
>>7712308
>>7712310
Thx
>>
>Maku goes ad lib during the Takara
Cute
>>
File: ma.png (138 KB, 225x225)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>7712363
best girl
>>
>>7710995
If you're the guy who built the mantis, I'd like to let you know that I liked your model (was it for a G2 polybag contest? can't remember) so much so that I built it myself irl, specifically a lava region version of it

kudos!
>>
i downloaded studio to fiddle around in it but the bonk part selection seems somewhat limited. for example, I didn’t see the metru torso.
>>
Is it just me or does the game crash far less if I don't let go of the forward button while my Toa is falling off a cliff or spawning outside the map? That's the only way I managed to reach the end of Kopaka's level. If I let go when I fell into an abyss, the level crashed.
>>
>>7712454
update: doesn't even have the mata or metru head pieces
>>
File: tohunga scorp 1.png (287 KB, 842x736)
287 KB
287 KB PNG
thoughts on this? I double-checked on bricklink to see if the legs came in brown, and even though it doesn't appear that way in any set there were 4 listings for it. If all else fails I can use dark flesh. The head is missing because of studio limitations, but I'm also not sure what I should put for feet, if anything. I don't want it to be too tall.
>>
>>7712891
actually I'll have to use at least some dark flesh because of the visorak foot
>>
>>7712895
-unless I replace the visorak foot with something like a pahrak shield
>>
File: tohunga scorp 2.png (246 KB, 1132x689)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
>>7712891
>>7712895
>>7712916
apparently tan technic balls exist
>>
>>7712935
Yep, they're from an old Star Wars set.
>>
File: tohunga scorp 3.png (279 KB, 1283x829)
279 KB
279 KB PNG
i think the OG pohatu hand/claw might make a nice stinger as opposed to the pahrak shield on a hand
>>
>>7713060
note that the shield pictured is actually a brown tahnok-kal shield used as a placeholder because they don't have the pahrak shield
>>
File: Boulders.png (1.75 MB, 1269x711)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
Nope, I tried again tonight. It's still not working. Eventually the Elemental's boulders just stop providing rocks for me to kick and the glyph doesn't summon any either.

It looks like there are some rocks magnetized to him though? Maybe only a certain amount of rocks can be summoned at one point in time, and because they're stuck on him, it's not giving me any to kick.

No idea how I can avoid this.
>>
>>7713084
i never had more than 1 or 2 stuck on him, but I did notice that there seemed to be a limit.
>>
>>7713097
The limit is three, and all three get stuck on him. Every. Fucking. Time.
>>
File: Sticky.png (1.57 MB, 1259x707)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
Are you fucking kidding me? This is after the FIRST cycle. They IMMEDIATELY stuck to him.
>>
Actually, I just noticed that they appear on him randomly when he THROWS a boulder. I'm not part of this equation whatsoever. The fight is just fucked.
>>
>>7713110
Looks familiar.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8w-baM_N1X0
>>
>>7713118
You're having some crazy bad luck there. I had to redo the fight three times because shit kept crashing right after, and the only times I ran into that problem was at the start when I missed a lot of shots because I didn't get close first.
>>
File: Fuck.png (14 KB, 1265x705)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>finally beat the boss
>fall down a fucking hole
>game crashes
Kill me.
>>
>>7713142
Best part is the same thing tends to happen in the first area of Ko-Wahi and reloading puts you back before Pohatu's boss.
>>
>>7713142
>shit toys
>shit game

Checks out
>>
File: Ow.png (857 KB, 1269x707)
857 KB
857 KB PNG
I love this edgy boi.
>>
>>7713162
he even moves like shadow the hedgehog
>>
>it's entirely possible to accidentally walk past the Akaku right before you reach Ko-Kini
>once you're there the door back closes, you need the Akaku in the next room, and the only way to get it is to go the entire way from Ko-Koro again
Kill me.
>>
I'm glad that the collectables are only there to allow you progression through the level. There's no bonus content for completionism like in The Game, which means I don't have to give a fuck about getting them all.
>>
>>7713028
Nope.
>>
>>7713217
14 years is pretty old. Unless you're arguing that that's the only set it could be from, which I guess that anon maybe just didn't know.

[toyler]tfw I had that Catamaran set but the ball joints couldn't hold an axle to save their fucking lives so I never found an use for them in my bonkle shit[/toyler]
>>
>>7713263
It appears I'm blind. For some reason I thought the Anon was talking about Technic SW set. But regardless, can't be too rare if it's been in use recently
>>
Imagine having your mind so deeply rotten by social justice that you feel the need to assign pronouns to fucking Rahkshi.
>>
Whose bright idea was to set Kopaka's boss fight atop a bottomless pit? With these janky jump controls where the slightest nudge can send you flying and the ledge-grabbing function doesn't seem to work? Almost had him beat multiple times, but once you think you're close to ending the level, you get so anxious that you mess up.
>>
>>7713352
Could be worse, imagine if there was any sort of randomness involved in the way the boss moves. At least this way you can learn the pattern after dying enough and avoid any risk by just making sure you're never near where it goes next.
>>
>>7712891
>>7712935
>>7713060
all the 'brown' pieces come in Dark Flesh, so use that instead. The 4 brown listings you saw for the Toa arms are probably people mislisting dark flesh
>>
>>7713311
probably not the place to discuss this but do people ever insist on this shit in real life? like walk into a job interview "hi I'm John, she/her pronouns please"
>>
Has anybody been having trouble with Unhandled Exception crashess in Bionicle Rebuilt? I can't even get past the frontloader.
>>
>>7713311
kinda unrelated to that but are kaita's a single entity or are they some sort of multiple consciousness being?
>>
>>7713388
idk, I knew an FTM transsexual who used odd custom pronouns on tumblr but IRL just wanted to be considered a man, also changed to a male name to avoid confusion and went on hormone therapy eventually, kinda just looks like a slightly fat dude with a beard now
I think only the biggest autists would insist on using "xe" or whatever IRL
>>
So today Greg clarified his vague outline for the Red Star revival plot he couldn't finish. Apparently the Red Star's purpose was never stated in the story bible, which is why he felt free to come up with a function for it and make it part of the "zombies on a space station" store he wanted to tell. The characters that were revived there wouldn't be themselves anymore and they'd eventually break down because the GBs fucked up the RS so bad.
He also said having Makuta take over the GSR was his idea because he hated that Mata Nui woke up so early and he didn't want to wrap up his story yet.
And he also spoke out again in favor of his method of not planning out a story because it's more fun for him if he's just as surprised by plot developments as the reader, and because he feels that if you plan ahead, you run the risk of forcing characters to do stuff they might not do in a situation.
>>
>>7713441
How did this man even manage to be story lead in the first place?
>>
>>7713441
Oh, so it's not only the fault of sets coming before the story then, it's also that Greg had a lot of ideas, not all of which would have meshed well with the lore established before. Thank god there wasn't a wrestling subplot on his mind.
>>
>>7713442
He wasn't. Bob Thompson was the story team leader until 2005-ish, after that there was no boss outside of the general brand manager. Greg was the main writer, but he didn't dictate the main plot more any than the rest of the team. The serials were the only things he had almost total control over.
>>
>>7713441
Desu the Red Star should've just stayed as a mysterious thing somehow linked to Mata Nui. The moment Gali saw living beings inside of it should've been the stopping point. That was the sweet point between revealing things and keeping the mystery. The Kestora were kind of cool but the whole plot could've been used anywhere else.
>>
File: 1363790794380.jpg (38 KB, 800x600)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Do your moc characters fit into the bionicle universe or not?
If not, what are their worlds/stories like?
>>
>>7713477
Stuff I make could mostly fit into the universe, except I sometimes don't follow the element = gender-rule, and even that could be overlooked if I say it's just from G2
>>
>get to the chamber with Whenua near the end of Onua's level
>game crashes
>game now crashes any time I load my save
>say fuck it, delete save and start over
>get to the same spot I was in before
>game crashes again, save can't be loaded
t-thanks
>>
>>7713441
>he feels that if you plan ahead, you run the risk of forcing characters to do stuff they might not do in a situation
I get his point, but surely there are better ways to avoid that than making everything up on the spot.
>>
New Thread

>>7713527
>>
>>7713418
Yes.
>>
>>7713477
Some do, most don't. I feel like adding more to an already bloated cast devalues existing characters, so what ends up happening is each one gets their own universe, or becomes a counterpart to another moc if they have enough visual similarities. I don't have enough investment in most of them beyond a blurb like "this is X, he/she is loosely representative of their species' physiology and society," and I'm just not autistic enough to connect the dots between 20+ fictional characters from settings that nobody knows about except for me.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.