[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>MOC Source
https://flic.kr/p/2go62NW

>Previous Thread
>>7675905

>Discord
https://discord.gg/R9BdKTK

Christian Faber's mysterious Instagram posts
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvuSFY2Hr1_/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv470LnnNiv/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwHnRCmHvsF/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwX6EVBnKnk/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwelAO0nMhc/

>Booru
http://biog.booru.org/

>G1 Story Material
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpfNrl6RIvM
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/comics/
http://cross-wired-freak.tumblr.com/post/68472919868/bionicle-chronicles-bionicle-adventures-bionicle

>G2 Story Material
http://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle/story/episode-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAjTzQ_NggY

>Misc. Media
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/

>For builders:
http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/
http://www.bricklink.com/
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/building-instructions/
>>
>>7693911
Man, such a small MOC, but it has so many nifty little tricks that make it look awesome

BTW, anything came out about those "leaf" sets?
>>
>>7693942
Nothing yet
>>
>>7693958
Thank you anyway, have some BC art of based Tuyet
>>
I want to collect bonkles but I have no idea where to start.

What series are really cool to get started with?
>>
>>7693989
2006 Voya Nui (don't listen to pretentious pseuds with their Barraki/Bohrok trash).

YO YO Piraka!
>>
>>7693989
>inb4 just collect 2001 and Roodaka bodypillows
Actually, I suggest looking for the aesthetic you like the most. The "Golden Years" are all about that mystical polynesian aesthetic and promotional material reflects that, Toa are treated like the very embodiment of their elements. 2004-2005 are the "Flashback Years". They are a bit drearier in aesthetic, being set in an Orwellian dictatorship of a city, but definetly have their merits. 2004 is actually the year I want to collect completely. 2006-2008 marks the "Ignition trilogy". Sets start looking more futuristic, story gets more gritty, but by 2008 joints get weak, not good for MOCing. 2009-2010 is the "Bara Magna Saga", which was set in a Mad Max-esque setting had some nifty sets and pieces, but otherwise just caps off the line.

I'd advise you to think what aesthetic speaks to you and going for those sets. DEFINETLY get some titan sets from '06-'07 though, they're really cool
>>
>>7693999

From a casual glance I'd say the Barraki appeal to me the most because of their monster aesthetics. So I'll look for those then.
>>
>>7694007
Barraki are cool. They were also the first wave of canister sets that weren't clones. Beware of Ehlek (green one), though. Lime green parts from 2007 have a tendency to disintegrate
>>
>>7693996
GANG ON THE LOOSE
>>
>>7694009
NOTHING YOU CAN DO
>>
Who is the sexiest bionicle girl out of the canon ones?
>>
>>7694020
TRIGGER, TRACER, BULLY ON THE LOOSE
>>
>>7694024
Kiina, because she’s the only one with a weird alien vagina.
>>
>>7694028
ADD THE BEAST THAT MAKES PIRAKA LOOSE
>>
>>7694024
Helryx, like em powerful
>>
Hero Factory was always superior.
>>
>>7694052
Well HF didn't have RoBOt PUsSy
>>
>>7694052
Imagine being this retarded
>>
>>7693075
>>7693308
I'm mixed about the teeth. All three Jutlin and the Noble Shelek, I think, were executed nicely. I didn't even realize the Noble Shelek had teeth at first. And both Great Jutlin even remind me of the Kraahkan's "face mode" with their small teeth, (I think that was done on purpose). It probably helps that Antroz himself is less of a bat dude and more of a dragon/demon dude.
On the Great Shelek and both Avsa, however, the teeth are huge and distracting. The Avsa seem to take it further and scream "LOOK, THEY'RE BATS! THE BIG DUDE'S NAME IS VAMPRAH, WHICH SOUNDS LIKE VAMPIRE, AND HIS MASK AND HIS LITTLE HELPER'S LOOK LIKE BAT HEADS! GET IT?".

As for the insect Makuta, the big mistake was not giving them real masks. They were good sets (well..at least Krika and Bitil), but they could be random Rahi if we didn't know better. I think the Crast and the Felnas look fine as masks, but the Mohtrek has the same problem as the Avsa (it's literally just a bug's head). But the masks not working like real Kanohi will always be a huge flaw to me.

I guess the root problem of the 08 Makuta is that, as canister sets, it was basically mandatory that they had to adhere to the same size and visual style/theme ("bat people and bug people". Teridax and to a lesser extent Icarax and Mutran were allowed to be a bit more unique in their presentation. Who knows how the Makuta would've looked like if the designers had been allowed to create bigger sets and explore other types of animals.
>>
File: 7zchn2ytobs21.jpg (826 KB, 4317x3456)
826 KB
826 KB JPG
>>7693911
>Jayfa
Neat, I like his plague mech moc
>>
>>7694092
Excellent stuff, some serious slizer vibes.
>>
>>7694088
In retrospect, I do wish we had gotten Shadow Toa as enemies rather than straight-up Makuta. That way the Makuta could have remained imposing titans. But I get it, Lego probably said the bad guys have to be animal themed, and one thing I do like about the 08 Makuta is that most of them don't adhere too closely to the standard Inika build, whereas corrupted Toa likely would have given the designers less freedom.
Still, from a more lore-oriented perspective, I'd rather have had the 08 villain canisters be something other than heavily nerfed and tweedy Makuta that look so cheesy.
>>
File: IMG_20190808_113943171.jpg (2.1 MB, 4096x2304)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
>>7694088
>but they could be random Rahi if we didn't know better

I think that's more or less what I did for those characters in particular before I really got into the lore. Wasn't into the comics or the websites then and didn't have much to go off so I just made shit up like the Makutas just being rando monsters.

>the masks not working like real Kanohi will always be a huge flaw to me.
Bugs me a bit too but to be fair they are all horrible mutants.
>>
>>7694171
Honestly, the Phantoka Makuta torso would work well with shadow Toa as well. Just fill the Tridax hole with something.
>>
>>7694171
>Lego probably said the bad guys have to be animal themed
They could have done a nice little throwback by using infected Rahi there, but those would've been way too underwhelming as enemies at that point.
>>
>>7694171
>>7694180
>>7694186
Honestly, it was a huge missing opportunity to not have shadow Toa set ever. Umarak is probably the closest we ever got
>>
>>7694190
Isn't takanuva technically the closest?
>>
>>7694177
I will NEVER understand how cold, unliving metal with sentient gas inside got mutated.
Is pit mutagen changing anything Protodermis-related?
>>
>>7694207
>Twilight Takanuva could have started as shadow Ahkmou
Wasted opportunity
>>
>>7694212
They transformed to bug forms and for some reason the mutagen locked the armor to that form
>>
>>7694214
Just leave Takanuva to sunlight for few years and you have most amazing Toa Ahkmou
>>
>>7694215
That's kinda funny, since they don't really even need it for camouflage purposes, since they can pretty much obliterate anyone but the Toa there.
Unless I forgot some crucial Greg contrivance like their Kraata powers being blocked
>>
>>7694216
Ahkmou, the Toa of piss yellow
>>
>>7694227
It's what he deserves
>>
>>7694190
Would've been the perfect culmination to the story team's previous attempts at Toa gone bad. 01 Shadow Toa were just shitty copies, Hordika were half beast rather than self consciously evil, and folks like Nidhiki or Tuyet didn't get much prominence. Now imagine a full fledged, Hagah-tier set of elite Shadow Toa serving the Brotherhood. They could still be mostly the same characters and have the same roles as the Phantoka/Mistika Makuta, except have Ahkmou be one of them. Krika could still be a mutated lanky freak, while others would be more traditionally Toa-like, but with darker colors and edgier designs. Bat wings would be optional.
Consider the benefits:
>no Makuta need to be nerfed to make the Nuva look cool
>no gaudy batfolk and bugmen
>giving them a unified black/grey/gunmetal-based color scheme would allow the Nuva to be colorful instead of greypuke and silverpuke
>Ahkmou's development is fully realized
>with his Shadow Toa thirst sated, Greg wouldn't write that dumb Shadow Takanuva plotline
>meaningful philosophical banter between the Nuva and Shadow Toa
>Takanuva could be morally grey, listening to both sides, then choosing light by his own will rather than through Brickmaster-exclusive convenient Rahi magic
>>
>>7694266
It's fucking shocking how manybDeus Ec Macninas are in the storyline. Probably due to everything being tied to sets.
Btw, did Greg write anything besides Lego shit? Curious to how he is as an actual writer
>>
>>7694214
As a concept? I guess yes. Even in-story, IIRC, the Shadow Leech Icarax threw at Takanuva was originally meant for Ahkmou.
Set-wise, I think Vultraz could've been the one originally meant to be Toa Ahkmou. I highly doubt that Ahkmou would've been released as a canister set- a vehicle set sounds reasonable. I doubt he would've been a Titan.

>>7694266
I like how that sounds, but how would those Toa be created? My problem with following the Shadow Leech route is that the Shadow Toa would be evil because of an external reason (leech corruption) and not out of choice.
I'd prefer if a Shadow Toa team was composed of genuinely evil/malevolent Matoran, like Ahkmou and Vultraz, who willingly choose to be turned into Shadow Toa.
>>
>>7694276
Didn't brotherhood have bunch of alternate Takanuva stashed in the basement? Just mindwash one into making a bunch of Toa stones
>>
>>7694276
That. Vultraz was such a jobber in his arc, he needed something to flesh him out a bit more instead of a bunch of Great Beings dissecting him. Ending of Brothers in Arms was a legit kick to the balls after an enjoyable reading.
>>
>>7694276
>how would those Toa be created?
As I recall, all characters can tap into their innate shadow sides to obtain shadow powers. A hypothetical team of Shadow Toa could be extreme Brotherhood loyalists and former Toa Hagah who remained with the Makuta after terry dethroned Miserix. Then the Makuta taught them to use shadow and gave them fancy equipment, maybe a mutation or two, and bam. No need for those stupid leeches.
>>
>>7694288
Won't there be a question of MUH DESTINY? As far as I recall, Toa Metru and Krakua were destined to become Toa, so just taking a bunch of homicidal Matoran and giving them the stones won't work.
I could be completely wrong though, lore is complicated enough as it is
>>
>>7694308
Oh right. Forgot about that. In that case have the Makuta absorb the Toa power with Vorahk's power and forcibly insert it into the Matoran
>>
>>7694318
Could be a nice subplot of their powers going haywire due to unnatural transformation. Just imagine one of those bad boys involuntarily making a Nova Blast and having to contain it.
Man this concept is cool
>>
>>7694301
>At least six teams of Toa Hagah that served Makuta other than Teridax, such as Antroz, Mutran,[9] Chirox, Spiriah, Tridax,[6] and the Makuta of Stelt[OGDi: Dec 22 2009, 11:23 AM].
>Most of these teams had six Toa apiece, though they were not limited to the six main elements.[10][11] After Teridax's Toa Hagah rebelled, some of these Toa were put to death, while some remained alive.[OGDi: Apr 3 2008, 06:58 PM][OGDi: Sep 7 2009, 02:59 PM]
>However, several Toa Hagah may have become corrupt and served in the Brotherhood's army.[12]
Even canon supports this. Imagine an evil Toa of Plasma, Gravity, The Green etc.. pretty dangerous stuff.
>>
>>7694308
>>7694318
>>7694335
Is it possible that DESTINY allows for six evil Toa to be created because their DESTINY is to inadvertently aid the Toa Nuva's mission during their battles in Karda Nui?
>>
>>7694456
I never got why after introducing all these cool new elements in the story, Lego was so gung-ho about the actual set characters having the same six elements every time.
Anyone remember when pics of the Toa Inika first leaked, people were theorising that they would have different elements due to the unusual colour schemes?
>>
>>7694465
What if their destiny is to be evil? Is that a thing?
>>
>>7694465
>>7694475
I'd be more interested in HOW they'd inadvertently help.
Or maybe at the very end, they could do something to redeem themselves but die in the process.

>The Shadow Matoran get cured through the klakk
>later on the Toa Nuva unleash them against the shadow Toa during the sky battle
>Ignika sacrifices himself as the core heats up, and in the meantime the shadow Toa become good
>the lightning beasts lay into the Toa Nuva, since they're products of the core. There are hundreds of them so the Toa Nuva are losing
>The now-reformed Toa fight them off, giving the Nuva a chance to escape with the Av-Matoran
>They do so because they know the Plan succeeded and they wouldn't have as good a chance against Teri as the Toa Nuva would.

It beats the Makuta all dying like little bitches at the end there.
>>
>>7694469
It's pretty likely that they had a policy of not using much of the expanded universe material in the main story, because corporations are dumb like that.
>>
>>7694479
I second that. It'd be nice to have some of the Makuta escaping, and entering into the alliance with the Order either after realizing the error of their ways (In Krika's case) or secretly plotting to take Teri's place. Either way, it's more nuanced than Miserix flying around and screaming "MUH REVEEEENGE"
>>
>>7694484
But what's so bad about introducing a brand new Toa character with a new element? I mean they did it with the Kal.
>>
>>7694500
Some concerned-looking marketing type probably said "The children will be confused if there isn't a Stone character every year"
>>
>>7694505
I wish they had replaced Stone the same time they chanted the brown sets to yellow. Lightning should have been the replacement element.
>>
>>7694505
>There MUST be a stone character each wave!

>But also brown is forbidden. Consistent colours are forbidden. Each new stone character must be a unique shade of orange, or yellow, or metal, or black.
>>
>>7694505
>"Mommy where are the brown sets this year? I want a brown set!!"
>>
>>7694511
>Listen ok it's been five years and the little shits have only just started to catch on to the fact that they don't die if they lose their masks, so any bit of lore that sticks in their retard brains, we keep
Um, but aren't the six-year-olds now entirely different kids from those five years ago...?
>What? Kids don't age, did you fall asleep in marketing 101?
>>
>>7694491
I'd still have Krika killed because a good tragic death is needed. But I'd keep assholes like Mutran around. Infinitely more fun than that Vezon faggot.
>>
>Alright what will this wave's villains be based on?
>"spins wheel"
>"throws dart"
>wow it landed right on the line between bats and bugs
>>
>>7694505
Said confusion could easily have been cleared up with good canister art, promo shots or TV spots showing the characters' powers in motion or by placing a moniker like "Toa of Electricity" behind their name. Or if Lego didn't feel confident in wasting a precious canister slot on an "expanded universe" element, why not introduce rare element types via rider sets, like they did with the original Takanuva? And technically Vezon didn't belong to any element either.
>>
>>7694529
>how about a bug themed villain? I don't think we've done one of those yet
>>
>>7694529
> 2001: beasts, including bugs
> 2002: little balls that behave like eusocial bugs
> 2003: lizard Mecha piloted by bugs. I mean slugs!
> 2004: robots that have a secondary bug-looking mode
> 2005: they didn't even try
> 2006: last boss before the next arc is a bug who turns into a dragon
> 2007: underwater mutants, some of which are bugs
> 2008: ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME
>>
>>7694523
Yeah, I think at this point Greg just had no idea how to write Vezon's shenanigans and his inner monologues except "LOL RANDEM I AM SO CRAZY XD". Some Makuta in that same neutral position would have been better.
I'm actually in the process of creating a similar guy, who faked his own death after predicting The Plan and then taking any chance to shit on Teri's welcome mat until the day he got Bota Magna'd. Not because he's good, but because he's just that fucking petty.
>>
File: s.png (115 KB, 500x397)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>7694529
>>7694533
>>7694542
>>
>>7694548
Nah, it's but a mosquito bite. I actually think bug villains are the bee's knees!
>>
File: IMG_20190808_160607088[1].jpg (2.29 MB, 4096x2304)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB JPG
*inhales*

aaaaaaAAAA NINTENDOOOOO
>>
>>7694579
>Toa Nuva bought us a Switch so we could play while recovering from our awakening!
>>
>>7694056
What is Nataly Breez
>>
>>7694643
a slut
>>
G3 when?
>>
G3, only instead of system, technic or CCBS, it's those weird galidor/ben10 barbie dolls
>>
>>7694784
G3, only it's Russian and Toa canisters are matryoshka dolls.
>>
>>7694665
She was more of a neuter.
>>
File: 1558383835391.jpg (49 KB, 861x861)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>7694542
Sheesh, they really liked their bugs, didn't they?
At least G2 wasn't overwhelmingly bugs.
>>
>>7694981
Yeah g2 had spiders lmao
>>
>>7694542
>>7694981
Bugs are the most mechanical-looking organic creatures on the planet.
>>
>>7695053
Spiders and skulls
>>
>>7694981
OI. HAIT. SCORPIOS.
>>
>>7694883
Funny you mention that, Russians love their constraction for some reason.
>>
I want somebody to write a fic about Dekar/Hydraxon and Lesovikk just chilling in the Pit, hunting escapees and playing blackjack in their spare time or some shit
>>
>>7694264
>>
I want to get into the bonkle lore but I'm encountering a huge stumbling block. Basically, almost every character seems indistinguishable to me and I lose track easily. They're just all so samey.
>>
>>7693996
>>7694009
>>7694020
>>7694028
>>7694035
2006 was easily the worst and ugliest year of Bionicle. But luckily Mahri kino arrived the next year and saved the franchise.
>>
File: Eric-chan.png (156 KB, 500x279)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>7695764
>>
File: YO YO.png (7 KB, 248x248)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>7695764
Piraka are peak performance bionicle:
-Best launcher
-Best song
-Best eyepiece
-Instantly recognizeable look, unlike the leftover parts that made up the barakki
-No lime green fails
-Beat the shit out of the toa nuva
-Not afraid to say the P-word
-biorobotics done right
-Well-written and interesting personalities
-Toa inika are 1) not manlets and 2) canonically the correct way for toa to look
-Have a Bionicle Legends set
-Featured in a famed video game

In conclusion, you are wrong and reddit
>>
>>7694088
>They were good sets (well..at least Krika and Bitil)

Eh I thought Gorast was fun. Having avtoran arms definitely makes it a pain in the ass to do anything with her arms but she's still neat.
>>
>>7695764
2006 is an odd year for me. the canister sets are thoroughly 'meh' but axxon, brutaka and vezon are probably my favourite titans.
>>
I think rubber Inika masks are cool

Kongu's Suletu is cool

Sure me

Only thing wrong with 2006 canister sets was how cookie cutter everyone was build-wise. They definitely should have given each set an actual unique accessory like Hewkii and Nuparu to at least give them something properly unique.
>>
>>7695756
Bionicle is kind of like a power level anime, most of the characters are sort of one-track minded, and tend to have overlapping goals and values. The more interesting characters are usually villains with ulterior motives or fuckup good guys. Also there's like 100 or so to keep track of, and a lot of them don't do anything, so yeah. Are you just diving straight in to BS01? You'll spoil some of the surprises if you're just reading wiki entries. Start with the comics and MNOG, they set expectations well and frame everything in a digestible way. Read the novellas too, but skip Hapka's, they're not very good, and it's mostly fluff.
>>
>>
>>7695823
Fake and gay until proven otherwise
>>
>>7695822
Wow, bionicle really is written like a long-running shounen, with the added disadvantage of being unable to focus on one character for long.
>>
>>7695838
probably

does anyone know where this even came from? found it on the ttv boards
>>
>>7692632
I think fewer people would have problems with the 08 Nuva if they all had their original eye colors, rather than that dull uniformized neon green.
>>
>>7695843
Came up a few threads earlier, though I don't know if it was an actual post or just pasta.
Anyways, Faber specifically stated he's not working on anything of that sort, so I don't see the point of getting hyped for no reason, similar to those 14 "leaf" sets
>>
>>7695846
>Tahu, Gali and Onua's masks just look like like whatever the fuck
>Pohatu is orange (I know brown is verbotten)
>The set with a shield isn't Kopaka
>THREE of the sets are losers without a proper weapon/accesory, just the wave blaster
>Not a single elemental themed weapon
>Tahu's weapon is just propeller
>Pohatu's torso isn't upside down with a leg-based gimmick

I mean OG eye colours definitely would have been a welcome touch, but the Adaptive armor Toas are just meh. Except for Pohatu. Phantoka Pohatu was a good set, but he wasn't a good Pohatu set.
>>
>>7695383
Yep that's what I was alluding to. If Lego ever decides to bring back Bonkle, they'd have a steady consumer base in Putinland.
>>
>>7695863
I dunno, I still have a soft spot for Phantoka Kopaka, but the Toa definetly could have been better.
Maybe Phantoka/Mistika weren't supposed to be Toa Nuva in the first place, and then just got shoehorned in due to Bara Magna happening next year.
>>
>>7695863
>Phantoka Pohatu was a good set, but he wasn't a good Pohatu set.
So much this. His build and his tools are so cool, but he doesn't look like Pohatu at all. The Phantoka are the strongest evidence for "toy first, story second" in Bionicle's history, maybe.
>>
File: 1446214817166.png (1.95 MB, 1205x853)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
>>7695879
I'm actually from there and I've seen kids from all over walking around with G2 sets and being happy as shit, even my friends who felt nostalgic bought a small set or two.
Maybe it's because action figures are an undying fad in Russia, and Lego needed to do some heavier marketing there, maybe even a few exclusive promotions.
>>
File: 1519334246315.png (8 KB, 479x72)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>7694271
He wrote a bunch of stuff, more mature novels, RPG books, historical books and stuff like that. He even said Takadox was based on one of his earlier characters called East.
>>
File: IMG_20190809_082033685.jpg (1.87 MB, 4096x2304)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
Now THERE'S the Pohatu I know and love!
>>
>>7695888
Wonder why East Europe in particular became so fond of Bionicle. At the end of G1, Poland began releasing books and magazines, then there were the Russian/European exclusives from G2. The Chima Ultrabuilds were also more successful in Europe as far as I'm aware, and the last G2 sets had a standard release.
I'm European too and I know from experience that Systemfags hate Bonkle and its fans with a passion just like in the States, but aside from that, the sets were relatively well loved by kids. Maybe it's because Bionicle could compete against other action figure brands better in this market? American capeshit figures have very minimal presence here and even stuff like Transformers have been fairly obscure and hard to find in shops, because the franchise isn't a big pop cultural thing over here like in America. But Lego's Constraction was ever-present throughout the years and considerably more affordable, so more kids knew about it.
That's just a tip though, I could be wrong.
>>
>>7695908
Sadly, us Hungarians didn't get cool shit like that, even though Bonkle was pretty popular here as well.
On this note, I can't say enough how fucking based Vrahno was, back in 2008 already. He took it up on himself to translate as my books, webserials and other materials as he just could, allowing dumb kids like me at the time to be able to follow the story.
>>
>>7695894
Oh come on, we both know the propellers should be in the legs
>>
>>7695908
Affordability gotta be the greatest factor in all of this, since Hasbroshit is ridiculously expensive here. Lego just got a lot more pricey as well, but at least you got a big honking figure with G2, unlike with Transformers.
Just remembered how everyone thought I was the coolest kid on the block because I knew the L O R E, lol.
>>
>>7695917
Same with Russia, actually. RUSBIONICLE forums made wonders for Russian bonk community. Sad they're almost dead now.
>>
>>7695863
Their bodies should have used their elemental colours while making all their armor parts silver desu

For returning characters they really just needed more design cues from their original incarnations.
>>
>>7695959
>Hasbroshit is ridiculously expensive here.
Yeah, no kidding. I mean, the Bonkle G2 sets did cost a bit more in Europe than in the US, but you could find online shops that sold them for about the same price if you looked around enough. In comparison, modern Hasbro toys can cost like 2 to 3 times their US price. Distribution is horrific, store stocks are low and we tend to miss out on entire waves. And I have read that even back in the 80s and 90s, many European territories had relatively low Transformers sales because people couldn't afford them and the distributors didn't want to spend money on dubbing and releasing the cartoons. As a result, the adult TF fanbase is marginal at best, kids here don't get that attached to the franchise either, which leads to very minimal TF releases because the market for them is so small.
Of course there's exceptions like the UK where various kinds of action figure brands are more widely available, but Lego/Bionicle owned a larger share of the market on continental Europe.
And this is merely my personal experience, but I never saw kids in kindergarten or elementary school playing with or talking about Transformers and other Hasbro stuff -- though we owned plenty of shitty European bootlegs cause you could actually afford those. But Lego and later on Bionicle were really big with kids around me.
>>
>>7696042
I remember some popularity for transformers since every kid thought that Animated was the shit. But now everyone still sees Lego as THE toy in Russia, not counting the yearly fads, that is.
Hasbro really needs to get their shit together, huh
>>
>>7695764
Agreed, 2006 was a fucking trainwreck and the only decent sets were the titans. The Piraka and Inika are the weakest sets Bionicle ever had to offer.
>>
>>7696072
[laughs in Hordika]
>>
File: Karzahni_(Being).png (969 KB, 504x822)
969 KB
969 KB PNG
>>7695816
Kongu's Suletu always remind me of the Olisi
>>
>>7696274
What's that belt insignia supposed to be? A skull??
>>
>>7696311
Looks like a depressed Kirby with weird frog feet
>>
File: 1314046251m_DISPLAY.jpg (96 KB, 800x600)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>7696311
It would've looked better if it was a Bionicle head like pic related
>>
>>7695863
>Kopaka has always been the sword and shield type
>Doesn't get a sword or a shield when becomming a Phantoka
>Tahu gets a whirlly blade shield even though the lava brain has never used a shield in his life
>>
>>7696423
>Tahu gets a whirlly blade shield
This is especially stupid since he has the freaking mask of shielding
>>
>>7696428
>Tahu brings a shield even though his mask basically gives him an overeshield
>Meanwhile Kopaka is relegated to long range sniping even though he's the more CQC of the bunch other from Onua
The choices on who goes to Karda Nui and who goes to the Swamps was a weird one
>>
>>7696433
At least Pohatu's helicopter arms give him better angles to kick the shit out of Makuta. I doubt that Kakama would have fared all that well in the swamps.
What I don't get though is why Onya didn't receive any digging tools, since swamps would have been perfect for them.
>>
>>7696496
>Onua is usually pretty bulky
>Complete lanklet in the Swamps
>>
>>7696496
The swamps are contagious with mutagenic substance, though.
Not sure if the armor could pick up on that, but considering Artakha is a fucking tech god, I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>7694212
Protodermis = semisentient Nanobots
>>
File: onuamistik.png (89 KB, 215x164)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>7696554
man what the FUCK was this mask
>>
>>7696812
I think it was supposed to resemble a stealth jet
>>
>>7696812
>Only looks good when pointed down
God, I love you Onua but I wish I got Tahu instead
>>
File: Onua_Mata.png (476 KB, 609x716)
476 KB
476 KB PNG
>>7696554
Nah he wasn't that bulky originally. Stout, but his limbs were long and creepy. His Nuva version was more robust, but so were all of the Nuva. What's really bothersome about the Mistika is that they gave his characteristic hunchback design and short stature to Gali.
>>
>>7696938
>Onua has always been the hunchback while Pohatu was the Leg Day champ
>Phantoka Pohatu is all arms and Mistika Onua straightened his posture apparently
>>
>>7696958
Meanwhile Adaptive Pohatu's basically the only one with a proper nod to their original design by having claws for weapons just like his Nuva form.

It's all confusing.
>>
>>7695823
Stop posting your fanfiction retard
>>
>>7697012
The Phantoka/Mistika run was all sorts of odd, especially since it had to follow the Voya/Marhi arc
>>
>>7696938
Pallet swapped Mistika Onua and Gali would have made sense
>>
File: tahu.png (163 KB, 262x261)
163 KB
163 KB PNG
>here's your Tahu bro
>>
>>7697387
The mistika sure were weird. What's everyone's rankings for the canister sets?
I'd go:
Krikka
Tahu
Onua
Gorast
Gali
Bitil
>>
>>7697405
Pretty much the same, but I'd switch Gorast and Bitil around, while putting Gali in the last place. 6 limb gimmick is cool, but kardatoran arms fucking kill it. Gorast is saved by having cool wing pieces, while Gali just sorta lacks originality.
>>
File: Set_Zesk.png (76 KB, 297x302)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
got this lad in the mail today. pretty neat. I feel like I kinda missed out on the 09 sets - the only ones I got that year were canister mata nui and Skopio.
>>
>>7697478
Same, because shitty joints aside most of them are good sets!
Only got Tarix, Strakk and Mata Nui, and they are all very neat. Remember going apeshit over bonkles finally having fists.
>>
>>7697405
I'd say Bitil > Krikka = Gorast > powergap > ...all the Toas pretty much.

Bitil's definitely my favourite just because I find his proportions and wings to be a lot of fun to fiddle around with, I find he lends himself well to random posing. Krikka's second, lankyboys are pretty fun too and quadrupeds are always really unique sets, though there isn't much to do with him. Gorast gets the pretty unique appeal of having four arms but using avtoran limbs really limits what you can do, it's hard putting her into a swipey pose with her claws for example. Though honestly I find the fact that her wings attach directly to her arms in an awkward way to be a bigger nuisance when it comes to posability, the upper arms are more limited by having to deal with the wings than they are being having a static 90 degree bend in them.

Toas, eh. I struggle to say anything nice about them really. Like Tahu just looks weird and Gali and Onua are both blaster only losers so they might as well just be the same figures play-wise.

>>7697478
If you like Zesk then you're legally obligated to get his dad Vorox. Those two are the best Glatorian sets hands down.
>>
>>7697405
The Mistika Makuta were all fantastic. I really appreciated their unique builds. The Toa on the other hand are absolute trash when regarded as newer versions of the Nuva, although I'd probably forgive their designs a bit more if they were written as entirely new characters.
>>
File: IMG_20190810_072117216.jpg (2.1 MB, 4096x2304)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
Minor tweak, flip the hordika elbows upside down on Pohatu's torso for a more filled-out looking shoulder.

This would probably look really good on Mahri Kongu too but mine's in storage.

>>7697712
Eh, The Phantoka Makuta are a little samey if you ask me, but they're still okay. I guess they mostly rely on limb variation rather, which they definitely make the most of.
>>
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that tridax pods were the dumbest "launcher"?
>>
>>7697724
...that's kinda hawt
>>
>>7697724
I like the concept and look, but it's pretty lacking
>>
>>7697742
I just don't really get what their play value is supposed to be.

Like they kind of seem like Kranas and Kraatas where you'd launch them at something and have it stick onto another figure, but they can't actually stick into anything without an axle for them to peg onto.
>>
>>7697765
Their play value is making an instant mess and forcing kids to clean up the pieces after every launch, hoping none of the little shits ended up under the wardrobe. Which is something I imagine the Makuta would find very amusing.
>>
>>7696812
Scrapped Makuta mask. I mean, not really, but I wouldn't be surorised if it were. Its similarity to the Kraahkan is uncanny and has been pointed out by many.
>>
>>7697724
No.
Aerial bombing is a neat concept.
I wish it was incorporated into the vehicles as well.
>>
>>7697687
>If you like Zesk then you're legally obligated to get his dad Vorox
And also their cool stepdad Malum.
>>
File: Kopaka_by_EVanimations.png (2.96 MB, 4076x3928)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB PNG
Happy 8/10 you guys.

Hope you get to play Legend of Mata Nui soon.
>>
>>7697712
People need to get over the fact that they look different. It's fine that they look different.
>>
>>7697900
Is anyone going to be covering the event livestreams here? I'll be away from home.
>>
>>7693911
The joke is /biog/ actually hates Bionicle
>>
>>7697900
Quick rundown on 8/10?
>>
File: EBLWSXsWkAAD70z.jpg (103 KB, 480x612)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>7697936
https://biosector01.com/810/

Some big Bonkle fan event with livestreams and giveaways and shit. Old official comic artists are also being commissioned to make exclusive stuff. Here's Stuart Sayger's piece.
>>
>>7697943
That picture is cooler than I expected.
>>
>>7697946
Sayger's not a terrible artist by no means, but my god I can't get over his overly stylized comics
>>
>>7697943
>Beaverhouse livestream
>we'll try to keep it clean!
I wonder if it's possible. Would be an amazing achievement.
>>
File: lesovikk.jpg (12 KB, 259x194)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>7697943
I HURT MYSELF TODAY
>>
File: EBlzxpeUEAAHGhq.jpg (115 KB, 974x631)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>7697943
Latest art piece, by Joey Haas. Yeah, I don't know who he is.
>>
>>7697724
That will always be the squid launcher.
>>
File: EBn8HDxVUAUNCYF.png (404 KB, 396x612)
404 KB
404 KB PNG
Randy Elliott. Look at that gorgeous set-accuracy, including the extraneous connector piece on Makuta's masked hand. The unified eye color between Terry and his sons is a neat, if odd, choice.
>>
>>7697943
Is that the guy who drew Ignika like a potato with a stick figure on it?
>>
>>7697943
>>7698068
Pretty fucking cool
>>
Since it's Bionicle day, let's appreciate how they impacted our life with unity, duty and destiny.
"No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change. Like the courage and dating of true heroes."
I hope that will guide us in the future, no matter how big of an assholes we are. I love you all, and I love /biog/!
>>
>>7698239
Daring*
Retarded autocorrect
>>
>>7698240
Wouldn't mind dating a cute piraka ngl
>>
>>7698268
I see you like em on the loose
>>
>>7698273
Preferably someone to bully me
>>
>>7697486
>good set
>only 15 pieces
>>
>>7697900
squidward lookin ass kopaka
>>
>>7698068
Honestly, I've never been a fan of Eliott's art, like, at all, but this is fucking gorgeous. The lines are impeccable and the colors are really well done. Getting sort of an Ukiyo-e vibe especially from the mist clouds. I'd buy a nice print of this to hang on my wall
>>
Why did they think it was a good idea to release a set of character where 4/6 of them have incredibly similar names

I still cannot remember which is which between Onewa and Whenua
>>
File: Krihka Rewera.png (59 KB, 403x657)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>7697712
Krika best boi
>>
>>7698374
Onewa is Stone
Whenua is Earth
As long as you forget everything you know about Onua and remember that Onewa is Stone you can put two and two together and figure out what Whenua is
Gotta keep you on your feet, Matoran
>>
>>7698239
Well it's already the 11th where I am, but whatever, Happy Bonkle Day. In a way it's amazing that this small, disjointed fandom bothered and managed to arrange a little event like this at all, after the franchise's been canned for so long.
>>
File: 20190729_225239.jpg (2 MB, 1570x2786)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
Happy Bionicle day to you all!
>>
File: 20190729_155129.jpg (2.66 MB, 4128x3096)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
>>
>>7697900
It's crazy how the thumbnail looks good but the actual drawing is shit
>>
>>7698006
Gross.
>>
WHERE'S THE GAME
>>
File: 20190807_171748.jpg (2.13 MB, 3024x3944)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB JPG
It's still Saturday night for me, so happy Bonk Day, everyone.
Here's the final version of my brick built Mask of Ultimate Power.
>>
File: 20190808_152716.jpg (1.48 MB, 2752x3096)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
>>
File: 20190807_201202.jpg (1 MB, 2838x2128)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
Also,

NUCLEAR HOT TAKE: Spiriah is a better model than Takutanuva. Don't @ me.
>>
File: teridax with icarax wings.jpg (605 KB, 1857x2046)
605 KB
605 KB JPG
it's still bio day so I might as well post this picture of my favorite set. since I don't have nivawk or any other creative ideas for wings, I use icarax's wings to represent his former winged form.
>>
>>7698638
it is almost 11pm central/12am eastern and still no game. granted, I'm not sure what time zone they're in.
>>
>>7698989
IT'S OUT
But I had to uninstall and reinstall the launcher to get the update, even though I clicked "yes" on the launcher update from the one I already had
>>
>>7698374
Whenua is a nerd, Onewa is an asshole only bested by Ahkmou.
>>
>>7698982
Takutanuva is literally Teri with longer limbs, you gotta be some real dogshit-tier combiner like Gaardus to be worse than him.
>>
>>7699140
>Onewa is an asshole
And yet he's the best Toa Metru.
>>
File: _Zbm2mdMjHc.jpg (50 KB, 377x348)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>7698426
He-he, you said "joint"
>>
>>7699148
I'm not saying he isn't, Onewa is GOAT and anyone who thinks otherwise is brainwashed by Makooti
>>
How do you imagine Hafu as a Toa? Would he be less goofy?
>>
How many traps are in the community and where can I find one?
>>
>>7699254
I think he'd probably be more interesting than Hewkii as a Toa, that's for sure.
>>
File: Middle Claw.jpg (15 KB, 329x627)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Very important feature.
>>
File: 1564358544783.jpg (1.15 MB, 5536x1848)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>7698972
>>7698976
Grateful you posted it anon, looks impressive in all the forms seen
>>
>>7699301
Where do I download this?
>>
>>7699320
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/files/gms/tlomn/Launcher/BIONICLE%20Launcher%20Installer.exe
And then just download the actual game in the launcher.
>>
>Roodaka pounced on a Rhotuka launcher
>Rawr x3 *nuzzles* o3o
>>
>>7699329
THE VICEROY GLOMPS YOU >3<
>>
>>7698982
Man post 2006 canister combiners really are embarrassing. Everything is just too purpose-built to be used in any creative ways and there isnt even at least an interesting way of interlocking torsos together like you could with the mata/nuva combiners.
>>
>>7699345
Combiners peaked in 2004-2005 IMHO
Sure, they looked goofy, but they were hella fun as makeshift enemies until the year's baddies came.
Not to say there weren't any gems after, like Kardas, Botar or Niazesk
>>
>>7699254
He'd conjure Another Hafu Original™ sculptures with his stone powers in a bombastic fashion and send them flying mask-first at his enemies. He'd give the destruction he causes an artistic flair and always take the time to make the resulting rubble look nice. And he'd provide enough comic relief so that Greg wouldn't have to contort Kongu into yet another stereotypical sarcastic wisecracking air Toa.
>>
File: Wairuha.jpg (12 KB, 320x336)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>7699345
>an interesting way of interlocking torsos together

For as shit as everyone says Akamai and Wairuha are, there's a lot of charm in the fact that they look like their constituents parts tried to combine by forming a human pyramid and it fucking worked.
>>
>>7699397
Glad someone else took note of the Kongu's character assasination during Ignition. He's the only one whose personality drastically changed- Kongu should've been that team's Kopaka.
Why does Greg hate Air characters so much?
>>
>>7699498
* took note of Kongu's
>>
>>7699498
Well, he did have a habit of sticking to a handful of stereotypes, especially when he had to shuffle over 20 of them in the same story. He also didn't handle characters/concepts from '01 like how fans were used to them, see: the Makoki stones, the sundial, most other MNOG characters. Either due to creative differences, or due to his reluctance to step out of his comfort zone when writing, or because he was simply unfamiliar with them (even though you can play through MNOG in like an hour).
But interestingly, Greg actually made a reference to the characterization shift on one of the '07 books when someone else calls out Kongu on his changed behavior. He replies that Lewa taught him to be more "humorous" off-screen. At least it got acknowledged.
>>
File: Tridax.jpg (382 KB, 2048x1538)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
>>7698987
Good idea, but I'd try out Antroz wings instead of the generic Phantoka wings. A Teridax MOC actually used them, and they fit pretty well. Problem is that you'd have two reds clashing though.

[spoiler]And if you're still willing to spend a small fucking fortune, you can always try getting your hands on Smaug's wings.[/spoiler]
>>
File: file.png (115 KB, 560x380)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
I'd really like to get this lanky lad and maybe slap a pair of actual arms and wings on him, but I've got no idea how customizable the base body is

anyone got some 360 pictures so I can get a feel for what ports are open on his back?
>>
>>7699603
It's just the Phantoka Makuta body piece.
>>
>>7699513
>When did you become Hahli the Barbarian?
Every single Mahri had their personalities tampered with.
I think plans were to originally make the chronicler's company the next Toa?
>>
>>7699645
Everyone but Matoro was just a dull shell of the character they were as Matoran.
>>
>>7699603
>>
>>7699645
>I think plans were to originally make the chronicler's company the next Toa?
I'm still so disappointed they didn't go with that idea. There's so much more to work with personality-wise, imo.
>>
>>7699754
>Chronicler's Company
>"What's that? I didn't play MNOG" - Greg
>>
>>7699140
>Whenua is a nerd
>Onewa is an asshole
>Matau is an asshole but a good friend
>Nuju is an asshole but also a nerd
>Nokama is a nag
>Vakama is schizo
These are your heroes, Metru Nui
>>
>>7698982
Why does Spiriah have a bad reputation?
>>
File: IMG_20190811_041552537.jpg (2.15 MB, 3233x3456)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB JPG
>>7693911
Yes hello it's me Bionicle
>>
File: Spiriah.png (131 KB, 374x327)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>7699890
Because of the stupid aborted fetus on his back, exposed sockets, and the fact that he looks goddamn awful in all the official pictures of him - Lego just gave no fucks.

He's pretty alright if you fold up his back buddy and pose him properly though.
>>
File: 20190811_124850.jpg (1.67 MB, 2313x1423)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
>So that's it. What? We some kinda... Federation of Fear.
>>
So how is the new LoMN patch? I was planning on downloading it today, but if it's still buggy and unstable, I might wait for a later update.
>>
File: 1.png (904 KB, 1600x904)
904 KB
904 KB PNG
what the FUCK do I do
>>
>>7699937
i had to press shift to activate the mask then click on the door
>>
>>7699915
>Missed out on both Vezon and Brutaka back during the Voya run
Man, I'll never forget going to Toys'R'Us just to see all the new sets
>>
>>7699919
Still buggy. More complete and has newly created content to tie it better to the overall lore, but a bit buggy. The first level still crashed for me.
>>
File: 9fe.jpg (91 KB, 640x833)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
Does a piraka edit of this already exist?
>>
File: doot.jpg (142 KB, 1803x990)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>7699919
Onu-Koro at least is perfectly playable, although clicking at the wrong time (like when a cutscene is starting) can still make it crash sometimes.
But in Ga-Koro things get noticeably worse, mainly because going underwater makes you drown in seconds, the only indication this is happening is some beeping noise, the drowning is accompanied by crashes half the time, the Kaukau is nowhere to be found, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to tootel these fucking horn trumpets like I'm clearly supposed to.
>>
>>7700037
where the fuck is the ruru
>>
one thing that LOMN is really lacking is button tutorials. there are several spots where I would have gotten unstuck faster if I knew what buttons to press for basic game functions
>>
>>7694542
>2009: Main villains aren't bugs but the tribe that acts as a hazard and one of the vehicles of a bad guy are bugs
>>
>>7694542
>>7700364
>2006: niggers
>2009: niggers

you'd think they'd take it off after the first time the dart landed there
>>
>>7699864
They must have rushed to become Turaga just to stay in their villages and not get on each other's nerves.
>>
>>7699749
I totally forgot this body piece existed and haven't really seen it a a basis for many MOCs. Maybe it'll have a small renaissance in the future like the Metru torso did recently
>>
>>7699912
Aaaaand Lime and Metru Red kinda clash in this arrangement. Seen a revamp online that made the whole green/red thing much more cohesive.
>>7700418
Skrall are more like Hunns or any other chingchong conquerors though. >>7699754
>Kopeke getting flustered over the littlest shit because shy
That please
>>
>Brutaka is mutated by the pit and can't breathe air anymore
>The Order has more knowledge and technological advancement than almost any other party in the entire MU
>I don't know, put a fuckin' fishbowl on his head
God dammit, Greg.
>>
>>7700507
>Multiple beings in the universe have healing abilities
>No one actually cures Pit mutagen
>Only cured when Mata Nui activated his PLOT powers
They could've just retconed keetongu rather than forcing every Pit guy on probation to wear fish bowls
>>
>>7700507
It's a bit more irritating when you remember he's got 2 holes in his mask to put those flexible tubes in like the Toa Mahri.
>>
>dude lets turn half the cast into fish lmao, this storyline will NEVER leave Mahri Nui don't worry

honestly when it comes to the lore and storyline I kind of just tune out after 2003 or so.
>>
>>7700074
In the area with the lake next to Onu-Koro (behind the token wall), cross the lake, go into one of the tunnels, and follow the path (with some Pakari digging) until you get to a dark room full of Rahi. It's somewhere in the middle of that.
>>
>>7700571
Greg dropped the ball with this one just like Mahri Nui dropped on the Southern Continent
>>
>>7700577
I found it, but man was that obtuse. Also fuck the ball rolling section.
>>
also playing LOMN has really made me wish more masks were released in purple, or that the color was more utilized in general
>>
FUCK this janky 3D platforming. Jesus.
>>
A random thought, for all the Karda Nui Makutas they should have designed their masks to work like the Kraahkan, that is they have a normal orientation but you can flip the head around to give them a second form.

Like have that be a thing, Makutas all wear their masks upside down.
>>
>>7700681
>Wow, I can shapeshift into any form!
>Let me just wildly contort my head to scare the shit out of Matoran
>>
>>7700685
Ye ye. Like Imagine Teridax puts on the Kraahkan but it's normal, so he shapeshifts into looking weird as fuck (the upside down form) to look scary.
>>
Where is Nuparu's disc?
>>
>>7700757
Have you found the outdoors area where the floor collapses yet? In the second part of that there's a button to bring the floor back up so you can walk to another cave that leads to boss fights, and I think the disc was somewhere around there.
Really makes you wonder what kind of four dimensional quantum throw Nuparu did to pull that off.
>>
>>7700775
After a couple failed attempts to cross the falling bridge, I just assumed I needed a new ability to make it to the end. It's possible to outrun the collapse?
>>
>>7700782
Yes, you only need to jump when there's a gap right in front of you. Eventually you'll get to a section with tokens that actually is unreachable, which is where you have to go into the other direction and find the switch.
>>
>>7700695
It's literally the equivalent of horror movie monsters twisting their neck while crawling on the ceiling, both cheesy and menacing. Fucking love it
>>
>>7699946
Or looking through the lego store window and seeing an unfamiliar color before recognizing new lego bionicle wave has arrived
>>
File: 1560726760757.jpg (226 KB, 966x1024)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>you will never grab a brand new toa canister off the shelf in zellers and look at the pictures on it while you eat lunch at the store diner with your mom ever again
>>
File: Bahrag iPod ad.jpg (64 KB, 421x614)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
https://www.ygopro.co/Forum/tabid/95/g/posts/Custom-Bionicle-cards?m=203472#post203472
https://imgur.com/a/Mqwpbxt

Against all expectations including my own, it did not take forever. And with this last release, the 57 cards of the Bohrok expansion for YGOPro are complete, at least as preliminary versions. I was hoping to get a nice round 60 again, but forcing that for no reason would be really dumb.

Preliminary version means there are still changes planned before the final version, and since at this point I know how much of a retard I am, I've compiled a list so people can look at my plans and point out which parts are bullshit before I put any effort into implementing them:
https://imgur.com/a/57Zr9eo
Of course, any suggestions that aren't on the list yet would be great as well.
>>
>>7700907
Bonus: This dumb little thing that somehow spawned from the process of getting the card images ready.
>>
>>7700824
Zoomer. I remember my grandma buying me the Turbo Throwbot and building it at lunch.
>>
>>7700824
>>7700928
Both of you are first world pansies
I remember my pa buying me INVINCIBILITY ЯOBOT from some grocery store and going apeshit over the shitty chinese bootlegs.
>>
>>7700935
China did have a lot of bootleg Bionicles during 2005.
>>
>>7700935
I had couple I got from Bulgaria and Thailand way back when. They sucked
>>
>>7700942
I don't believe you.
>>
>>7700938
>>7700942
One good thing about them was that you could buy them by saving up some lunch money. For some time it was actually a good source of pieces, and there were some unusually colored ones. I still have a brown Kiril somewhere that is basically Lego quality.
>>
>>7700485
Seriously. The Toa Metru would never last if they were Toa as long as the Mata/Nuva were. They would've broken up
>>
File: 20190812_182114.jpg (2.66 MB, 4128x3096)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
What are you favorite display sets/mocs, /biog/ ?
>>
>>7700824
>zellers
You just sent me sright back to my childhood and I hate you for it
>>
File: 20190812_183230.jpg (2.66 MB, 4128x3096)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
>>
File: 20190812_183529.jpg (2.24 MB, 4128x3096)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB JPG
>>
File: 20190812_183929.jpg (2.25 MB, 4128x3096)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB JPG
>>
>>7700192
Yeah, after inefficiently dicking around the waters around Ga-Koro for hours, I literally just figured out that you can go from swimming directly to diving by double tapping W, instead of getting out of the water and jumping back in.
>>
Most of what I liked about early Bionicle was what I liked about lego - it's all about building new stuff from old parts, so the fact of being able to use any part potentially in a new set it really important. But now, I get the feeling that many parts are meant to be used just for one thing. What gives?
>>
>>7700546
Probably intended for tubes for the scrapped 2007 Brutakka.
>>
>>7701400
Lego is owned by the global NewWorldOrder, like youtube, google, Hollywood and so on.
It is not in the interest of the NWO to inspire kids tl use their brains. So no creativity for the next generations of Lego playing children.
Thats all desu.
>>
>>7701405
I didn’t think I’d find /pol/ conspiracy theories on /toy/ of all places, you guys sure get around
>>
>>7700418
>2006: ghetto niggers
>2009: (literal) sand niggers
WTF Faber? Did Raimi inspire you?
>>
>>7701266
There's a reason they stay so secluded from eachother on Mata Nui. They still sort of don't get along.

Best Toa team tho.
>>
>>7701400
You've just lost your childlike imagination.
>>
>>7701527
And yet they complain when their successors show any kind of struggle to keep their unity intact.
Fuck Metru-boomers I swear.
>>
>>7701536
I'd say it kind of makes them the authority on how to succeed as a team. It's a lot easier to learn from what not to do than from what to do, and who better to advise you on what not to do than the colossal failure that is Vakama?
>>
>>7701536
*SIPS ASHBEAR PISS* Yup, tripping balls and making masks sure was a good gig.
>>
>>7701527
Just for having best boy Onewa
>>
>>7701527
>The Toa Metru arrive on Mata Nui but stay as Toa
>They can't stand each other forany longer than a minute and just split off to their respected tribes
>They try to one-up each other by training their Toa Mata so to show the others that their Toa is better than the others
>Unity doesn't exist. Only Duty and Destiny
>>
Man I wish they did more Turaga sets. They and the Bohrak Va were nifty. Only ever sets that really came out like them afterwards were the Rahagas.
>>
>>7701553
They probably wouldn't even send Takua out to fuck around the island to summon Mata, and instead try to take Teridax on themselves while still finding something to be petty about.
It's still more interesting than Inika/Mahri's "Let's do this thing we need to do without a fucking hitch" attitude, don't get me wrong.
>>
>>7701572
>Instead of Garan leading the Voya Nui Resistance we could've had a still living Turaga Jovan
>Makes sense, since he even could teach the Inika on how to use the Ignika and outsmart a Piraka or two in the process
Bit of a missed opportunity I say.
>>
>>7701573
At least the Inika/Marhi got along
>>
>>7701588
And they're boring as hell because of it.
>>
>>7701599
I think the only time they ever fought was when Jaller was going to go full nuclear in the Pit to give Matoro some time
>>
>>7701588
To be fair, Mahri had about a thousand years of taking shit from Teri's shenanigans and facing them back to back, while Metru stayed in their districts and were thrust into Toa roles without knowing each other that well. And Nuva were literally engineered to be a good team, so Metru are victims of their circumstances.
Now what is Toa Mangai's deal I don't even fucking know
>>
>>7701527
>Best Toa team tho.
That goes without saying.

Also, that's an interesting thought about why the villages were so isolated.
>>
>>7701627
>All the villages were built as far away from each other so they'd never have to meet ever again
>>
Is there a way to make LoMN full screen? Whenever I maximize it, it just shrinks back down again.
>>
>>7701582
Even like one-off Turaga sets, kind of like Dume, would have been neat.

I guess they got tired of writing village elder type characters though.
>>
How the fuck.
>>
>>7701599
It made sense, though. Not only because they already knew each other, but consider that we've been over the "need to learn Unity" gig a million times before, plus the villains of those years were also individuals who needed extra "screentime". Making the Toa bicker would have added unnecessary and pointless drama to the plot. It was also a nice contrast that this time the Toa were more unified as a team than the villains they were facing. Unlike the previous "hivemind" bad guys, the Piraka and Barraki were technically allies, but they could barely get along.
>>
>>7701743
the grappling hook spots
you can get at them from basically any distance
>>
>>7701750
I mean the UDD symbols. How the hell am I supposed to get all of them? The platforming is so fucking frustrating.
>>
>>7701723
Or kids just didn't find elderly robots that interesting, and they'd rather be buying spunky, energetic villagers. Especially after they saw the movies that portrayed the Turaga as boring, slow, frail old fucks. Which was pretty dumb, I feel the story almost always underutilized the Turaga. They're wise sages and authority figures, but that didn't mean they had to be borderline geriatric.
>>
>>7701788
Don't need to get each and every one, there's enough on the rest of the level.
Anyway my game crashed when I got to Gali and it crashes when I load it, so I guess that's the end of my gameplay for now.
>>
I did it.

I ordered spares for my resurrected bonkles on cracklink

now the wait begins
>>
>>7701789
Yeah I definitely think the movies and later incarnations did Turagas wrong. I imagined them as more proper village leaders/elders rather than just grandpas leading through superiority.

They're supposed to still be powerful too aren't they? Like not as much as Toa but more powerful than Matoran.
>>
>>7701795
I got gali, went through the only nearby door I could find, and it crashed while loading. Then, when I reloaded a couple times, I was suddenly at the outside gate to ga-koro with no door behind me to go anywhere else.
>>
>>7701797
>superiority

seniority, rather
>>
>>7700037
>I can't for the life of me figure out how to tootel these fucking horn trumpets
Update: Figured it out, turns out you really just have to stand behind them and press space, but the noise they make is barely audible over the ambient music and the blowing animation was obscured by the camera perspective when I tried before. Still, blowing them in the exact order specified on the Rau tablet didn't do shit, so the mystery continues.
>>
>>7701795
So there's more symbols available than the max amount you can get?
>>
>>7701816
Yes, especially in the rolling/surfing/skiing stages. Getting those is nearly impossible, but thankfully not necessary to progress.
>>
>>7701857
As someone who collected every. last. fucking. lightstone. in The Game, it triggers my autism to skip any collectibles. But oh well. The pixel perfect jumps I'm being force to make for the Huna bit now is pissing me off too much to care.
>>
Regarding the game, though there's still some bugs, I gotta give props to the team for fixing up so damn much and expanding on the setting. Such as the inclusion of extra Matoran who weren't originally in the game and didn't even exist in '01. That ties it better to the overall lore.
Though I'm not sure how to feel about the self-referential gags that retroactively foreshadow stuff from later years. I didn't like those even in the official content either. But at least I've only seen a couple of those so far and they're not as on the nose as Greg's gags were.
>>
>>7701870
>Matoran
Excuse me, I meant Tohunga of course.
>>
File: hallucinations.jpg (85 KB, 1540x968)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>7701870
It's interesting that there even seems to be foreshadowing for stuff that never got used in the actual story, like this line here. Assuming of course that it really is an attempt to foreshadow something and not just meaningless filler dialogue.
>>
I still don't know why the fuck I sometimes jump further than other times. What is the actual trick to long and short jumps?
>>
File: AHHHHHH.png (995 KB, 1271x713)
995 KB
995 KB PNG
Where am I supposed to stand in order to fucking land on something when I grapple here? It also seems like even when I do miraculously find my feet, there isn't enough time to get to the end before my Huna runs out, even after I've replenished its energy.

I've been stuck here for like an hour.
>>
>>7701905
grapple just doesn't work
at least not from what I can tell
gotta do the jumps
I will note that I had every villager's sidequest done except nuparu so I had more health/energy
>>
>>7701883
Voya Nui?
>>
>>7701934
I've done the dances, the pickaxe, and the bug. I've talked to the tree guy and Whenua. That's all of them except Nuparu, I think. I'm still not able to make it in time.
>>
>>7701958
it's just a matter of hopping across quickly enough and somehow managing to land the jumps while doing so
>>
>>7701891
The inconsistency of jumps is driving me fucking insane. Please help.
>>
>>7701617
Man i fucking loved that scene in the comic, cool as fuck
Also toas of fire being able to use fire underwater just becaude they want to is metal as hell
>>
>>7702022
Fire users being able to use fire underwater because the flame is just that hot is the best shit
>>
File: Nope.png (983 KB, 1271x709)
983 KB
983 KB PNG
The sweet release of death cannot come quick enough.
>>
>>7701617
>All out war with the Barraki, the Marhi, Hydraxon, and Teri
>Jaller charging his mask power to perform a Final Explosion to give Matoro times at the cost of his own life
>All while Matoro is running against the clock to revive Mata Nui
That whole scene was intense
>>
>>7701938
No, good ol' MN's finger archipelago
>>
>>7702084
That's not an island though. And clearly visible, not "far in the distance."
>>
File: Success.png (896 KB, 1275x719)
896 KB
896 KB PNG
Fuck yooooooou.
>>
>>7702105
Wonder if Beaverhouse actually fixed it per chance.
>>
>>7701891
>>7701987
Tap W before RMB for short jumps, hold it for longer jumps. You can curb momentum by holding S in midair.
>>
>>7702057
That time when Bonk almost became a shōnen anime
>>
File: jumps.webm (2.86 MB, 960x540)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>7701905
>>7702061
>>7702105
If you're having a problem with this section, you're going to have even bigger problems later on. Best advice I can offer is git gud at moving around, because you will eventually be asked to do more complicated maneuvers and more quickly. You can actually get some good practice in that room by trying to clear it without using the Huna.I don't really think there's anything designed to be as difficult as that in the game, but it's good for training reflexes.
>>
>>7702359
I had to skip platforms in order to finish in time. Good, but also terrifying, to know it's possible to make it across without doing that. I pray for my sanity going forward.
>>
File: 4-body planetary system.png (1.59 MB, 1909x1042)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
Interesting sky

>>7702421
Don't forget to back up your saves every now and then, too. I was two rooms away from the Onu-Wahi boss when a crash corrupted my save, had to start over.
>>
File: AND I'M FREEEEE.png (685 KB, 1273x713)
685 KB
685 KB PNG
I love it when the game doesn't register my jumps at all and I just fucking walk off the edge.
>>
File: Portals.png (777 KB, 1273x713)
777 KB
777 KB PNG
Who knew that Whenua had portal tech?
>>
File: Butterface.png (986 KB, 1274x712)
986 KB
986 KB PNG
Spooky.
>>
>>7702525
gali's voice should be lower imo
>>
>>7699897
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
>>
>>7702535
Along with the maskless face, the voice she has is kind of unsettling. Her entire first encounter with Onua has a creepy deadly siren sorta vibe.
>>
>>7702525
So what's the reason that she doesn't start out with the Kaukau?
>>
>>7702549
None of the Toa start with their prime Kanohi except for Onua. It's just like that in the game to incorporate the mask hunting without making the player collect all 12 masks over and over again, and without requiring the developers come up with scenarios to find and use them in every level.
>>
>>7702573
But why not just add their prime mask to the count as you start playing them? Why bother making them find it if meeting the next Toa is the point at which the player finds it.
>>
>>7702581
Then there would only be noble masks to collect, and you would end up with 5 fewer masks at that.
>>
>>7702584
They should have had the Toa before each character change find the prime mask of the one after them then. Oh well.
>>
Does the rebuild just go up through Gali's level?
>>
>>7702592
That wouldn't have been too bad an idea. Might be worth asking the guys on the Litestone discord about it, but a change like that would probably mean redesigning big portions of the game.
>>
>>7702597
It should be the entire game, up to level 7.
>>
>>7702605
But how much of it is jank?
>>
>>7702614
It's a 20 year old incomplete PC game that's been reverse engineered to be technically playable from start to finish, it will never not be jank. The new and reworked content is really cool, impressive even, but I don't think it will ever be as smooth or stable experience as most people would want it to be. Check again in a year, and I'd guess most of the crashing will be fixed.
>>
>>7702622
Honestly, with less frustrating jumping mechanics and a little more polish, this would easily be at the top of the list as far as Bionicle games go, second only to MNOG and maybe Tales of the Tohunga. The fact that you can actually collect masks and switch between their powers alone makes it feel way more quintessentially Bionicle than any other. Not to mention the atmosphere and visual style of it. It really does feel like the perfect companion to TotT, because of course it was meant to be. I only wish it were released properly back then.
>>
>>7702658
I'm in agreement, but I am partial to the way movement is handled, considering it's designed for KB/M. Poor sense of momentum, but it lets you cross gaps with next to no windup. There's plenty of good here too, but this thing just needed more time in the oven. Both the original and Rebuilt 1.0.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTPEkUdr-6M

was never able to beat level fucking one of this game but the soundtrack was cool
>>
File: I don't deserve this.png (1.65 MB, 1275x713)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
Uh. Thanks?
>>
File: Maku Hut.png (508 KB, 919x427)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
It's so neat seeing all of this stuff from MNOG realized in 3D. How much of the game is exclusive to Rebuilt?
>>
File: CUTE.png (632 KB, 1271x711)
632 KB
632 KB PNG
Maku really is best girl, tbqhf.
>>
File: non-canon letter.jpg (7 KB, 375x252)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>7702703
t. Huki
>>
File: Dementia.png (1.01 MB, 1265x707)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
'Member when we didn't know that it was the same thousand Matoran on Mata Nui for an entire millennium?
>>
File: GODSPEED.jpg (1.87 MB, 3264x1840)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
>>7701268
Already posted these guys a shit ton of threads ago, guys from my G2 headcanon
Now I moved out and all of my bonks were left there, so I guess this is still my fav display
>>
>>7702698
I think the Ga-Koro huts were remodeled, and almost anything that makes direct reference to other Bionicle games and media is new. Most parts of the game has been touched up, but the villages are definitely the most drastically changed from the original areas. I'd guess there's at least 10-15% of the gameplay and level structure that the patch either changes or fixes in a way that an end-user could easily see.
>>
File: 20161202_204248.jpg (2.79 MB, 3680x2792)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
>>7702731
I've also finished the space hog from way back, but now he's a space dog and is actually called the Divine Arbiter
>>
File: Parigrakh.jpg (3.07 MB, 3676x2808)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB JPG
>>7702802
I think I miss my shameless self-insert the most
>>
>>7702681
I had a hard time with it as a kid because I'm pretty sure I was half-retarded. A few years back, a buddy and I beat it in around 2 hours or so. After that, we took it out back and smashed the disc.
>>
>>7700586
If you "liked" the ball rolling section, you'll "love" the open waterslide section, where accidentally jumping means death and you have to redo the whole thing if you fall into the tricky holes right after it.
>>
>>7702731
>tfw even Solek ended up trannying out
Man that propaganda project led by the (((Great Beings))) sure was powerful.
>>
>>7702853
THEY PUT CHEMICALS IN THE PROTODERMIS THAT TURN THE FREAKING BONKS GAY
>>
File: Ahima.jpg (2.65 MB, 3604x2536)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB JPG
>>7702853
She can be kinda cute if you pose her right
>>
It's that time again, early new thread
>>7703207
>>7703207
>>7703207
>>
>>7701417
I didn't even say anything about jews, chill
>>
>>7702932
>she
>her
>>
>>7702904
Don't you mean "turn the freaking Ghekulas gay"

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.