[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 75 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: MLARETHYRset.jpg (1005 KB, 1800x1575)
1005 KB
1005 KB JPG
>MYTHIC LEGIONS ARETHYRE
The Mythic Legions: Arethyr pre-order will run for at least two months!
One question we’ve gotten is about Arethyr’s wings which are missing in the promotional images. YES, Arethyr will come with his wings when you purchase him individually and as part of the Arethyr & Aethon set.

>POWER-CON 2019
August 17th & 18th, 2019 Four Horsemen Toy Design will be making an appearance, and they’re bringing Mythic Legions with them! Kronnaw & Purrrplor

>MYTHIC LEGIONS: SIEGE AT BJORNGAR
Mythic Legions: Siege at Bjorngar wave should be ready to ship from there to the Megalopolis warehouse in late August. Overseas shipments normally take anywhere from three to six weeks, so we expect those to arrive at the US docks in mid to late September.

>MYTHIC LEGIONS: WASTELAND
Mythic Legions: Wasteland wave to ship from our factories to the Megalopolis warehouse in mid to late October. So we’re expecting a mid to late November US arrival for those. Just in time for Christmas!

>QUALITY CONTROL & SHIPPING ISSUES:
We’ll be immediately jumping back into taking care of all of the outstanding quality control and shipping issues, please email 4HMDshipping@gmail.com and we’ll address your issue ASAP in the order that your email was received.

>Four Horsemen on Social Media
www facebook com FourHorsemenToyDesign/
https://www.instagram.com/four_horsemen_studios/

>Official Store
http://storehorsemen-com.3dcartstores.com/

>Big Bad Toy Store has Mythic Legions in stock
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?Brand=7413

>Accessory list can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qZQDUZjHn-r8CXKk38-TmLqqiDP-rQFwV8ourEhs5w8/edit

>Last thread
>>7667866
>>
Anyone ask these shitters when they're gonna actually release toys and not just kickstarter fodder and goddamn scalper bait?

Put this shit in an actual store.
>>
>Demon has gauged ears

Wow, from cool to faggot in .02 seconds.
>>
>>7688362
>Put this shit in an actual store.
Anon, do you refuse to order from online stores? I bought some online and they showed up a week later. Pretty standard fare for people living in the 21st century.
It sounds like you won't buy something unless you can march down to Walmart to spend your neetbux. Good luck with that.
>>
>>7688054
Are they gonna fix the bearded man and red demon head? They seem too beeg. Also it is a shame that they don't have any ogre body offering for this new wave.

On the other hand, is this the first wave that introduces brand new tooling, with exception of the trolls? Good for them. I remember the non-KS waves are usually just reuses
>>
>>7688387
his mom wont let him use her credit card.
>>
>>7688387
Not him, but I dont feel like preordering 1 year in advance. Also on new bucks like the Ogres I want to see an in hand review on the articulation and paint resistance.

1.0 suffer from major flaking on the flesh tone color. 1.75 suffer from some bad joints and mold flashing. Birds suffer from frozen joints and 7th kingdom suffer from brittle breakable joints. These guys do not exactly have flawless track record.

Every now and then I buy the instock sales, and those are fine but I got cucked out of Ice Troll that I wanted. I still like their figures, I just wish that they order more for the instock sale and not only the minimum for the fulfillment. But holding stocks require some warehouse bill and the 4H keep refusing to do so. Their ordering scheme overall is a major inconvenience.
>>
>>7688054
Are the new hand sets for 1.0 or 2.0 bodies? In my experience, taking the hands off the old ones is a one way trip, the pegs are super short and they never want to stay on after that.
>>
>>7688398
You're a fucktard then. You only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>7688033
They pretty much said they'll never do a full rerun of a wave but they'll rerun certain figures. More or less, they don't want to spend the time making figures that didn't sell well and would rather focus on either new figures entirely or fan favorites.

Though, and I've been saying this from the start, I 100% agree that they should *always* have at least one or two Legion Builder options per wave. This current wave specifically was a great opportunity to introduce a new Legion Builder and not doing so is a huge failure on their part. I would have ordered at least a pair of the Frog Knights, if not more, had he been Legion Builder priced. They keep making these "fully painted" troop builders and it irks me to no end because that defeats the point of the entire Legion Builder concept.

>>7688189
I have a few of the smaller ones, and I paid 7-10 bucks a pop for the single pack figures (they were on sale). Like I said in my previous post, they are very fun figures, and they're an oasis in the desert of 1:18th scale figures, but they're cheaply priced for a reason. And again, their articulation is pretty much on par with the Legions, as it's a standard for western figures at this point.

>>7688411
The hands are for the 1.0 figures, though they said they would do more in the future. I just hope the new figures who come with open hands or closed fists, come with extra hands because I hate it when figures have multiple weapons but only one gripping hand.

Though I do agree the wrist pegs are super short, I've never really had issue with them coming out and going back in. I did have one Orc with a fairly loose peg, (i.e. it's the only one I've ever seen fall out) but it does stay in even when holding large accessories like the war hammer. That said, I'm not super keen on repeatedly swapping out the wrists on these guys cause the peg is indeed really short.
>>
>>7688387
Buying them online isn't the problem. Buying them at hyper inflated prices is. You either get it for a limited time as part of the kick starter or have to pay double or triple the price.

Scam.
>>
>>7688417
>Wanting to know the quality of something before spending money on it makes you dumb.

Wow, peak entitled zoomer over here.
>>
We get it, your poor. fuck off now.
>>
>>7688547
But, that's not true anon.
I bought them on their website during an instock sale. Some of them were half price compared to BBTS in stock prices.
You are either being dishonest, or you are literally disabled, mentally.
Honestly, I don't care if you ever buy any given thing. It sounds like you are really good at fabricating excuses and bullshit, so you probably should go suck on a shotgun.
>>
>>7688547
>You either get it for a limited time as part of the kick starter or have to pay double or triple the price.
You realize the last kick starter campaign was over two years ago and they've released 5-6 regular waves since then, right?
>>
>>7688456
>The hands are for the 1.0 figures
Shit, that kind of kills my hype for those. The only ogre I have to put that set on is one of the 1.5s and his wrists fall out holding pretty much any kind of weapon. Kind of a weird choice to make them for the old bodies just after putting out the huge AOD wave.
>>
>>7688568
>>7688569
>have to camp their twitter feed just so you can scramble to get anything off their website before it sells out in minutes.

Scaaaaam.
>>
>>7688598
>have to camp their twitter feed
I just looked in this thread. No camping anything.
Every post you make is nothing but bullshit, must really be a shitty life you have.
>>
>>7688456
>I just hope the new figures who come with open hands or closed fists, come with extra hands because I hate it when figures have multiple weapons but only one gripping hand.
they said during the stream they can't say if they'll come with more hands yet, it depends on how the prices work out, but they expect that they can at least put some extra hands in, as they shouldn't be too much of an extra cost
>>
>>7688573
If anything, the new hands could fix that issue since they'll have new pegs. If it's the socket itself that's the problem, you could always try adding a ring of superglue around the rim of it to give it a tighter fit. And considering most of this wave uses the 1.0 buck, I can see why they chose to fit the hands to the 1.0 body. They're probably saving the 2.0 hand sets for when they start doing wizards and such so they can come with spell casting hands. They also mentioned having armored hands in the future as well, so they do plan on making more sets like this, as well as head packs in the future.

>>7688598
...or sign up to their newsletter where they tell you exactly when their sales start days and weeks in advanced. This isn't rocket science.

>>7688682
It's good to know they're aware of the issue, and with their track record I can certainly see them slipping in at least one extra set of hands for these new figures. Some of these guys come with so much stuff already (at the minimum, three weapons, a belt, a set of pauldrons, two different wing adapters and a back peg for the shell shield) extra hands would just be crazy.
>>
>>7688598
Or preorder during the TWO MONTH window that is currently happening. Or are all preorders a scam as well? Because if that's the case, then almost every major collectors' line is also a scam.
>>
File: arethyr.jpg (391 KB, 837x1500)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
For the Anon who was asking: the updated the image in the store to show Arethyr with it's wings.
>>
>>7688398
>I just wish that they order more for the instock sale
Dude, not only does this require space to store, but it also requires money up front. The 4H have been relatively successful, but remember they are still a positively puny company.
>>
>>7688914
Ew. I hate it. Those wings are goings straight in my accessory bin. At least the base body looks good, I sorta dig the bondage demon thing they've got going here.
>>
>>7688821
>Paying money for things that don't even fucking exist yet and won't for months or a year.

>All collectors lines are a scam
None of the other figures or kits I collect completely sell out before they release. Maybe you're just buying into a lot of

Fucking

SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMS
>>
>>7688914
>Gauged Ears

literally gay
>>
>>7688925
Do you seriously have nothing else to do this summer?

For fucks sake man get a job.
>>
>>7688925
what a whiny baby you are.
I bought figures that were in stock, from them direct.
Did you take it up the ass from 4H, get dumped, and now you want revenge?
You're like a shitty ex girlfriend.
>>
>>7688928
>>7688365
>gay bondage demon
Your anger only makes my gay ass want him even more.
>>
>>7688925
>Pay money for product to get made
>Wait for product to be made
>???
>Get product

....you do not seem to understand what the word scam means.

>>7688928
....I do not get this meme. Ear stretching has been a thing for hundreds of years and is very common among depictions of demonic beings. The dude has a metal plate nailed into his head, has his own face as his pauldrons and has a demon's head as a cod piece, but his god damn earrings are what people take issue with?
>>
>>7688925
You don't collect SH Figuarts, Figma, or Nendoroid then, I take it.
>>
>>7688974
Imagine being a 1000 year old demon looking to prey on the next era of humans but they’re too busy laughing at your taste in jewellery to fear you.
>>
File: kingtut.gif (107 KB, 350x447)
107 KB
107 KB GIF
>>7688365
They did it all the way back in ancient Egypt and india, stay mad.
>>
>>7689397
FUCK INDIANS POO IN LOO
>>
>>7689413
>fuck the history and cultural deities Americans worship and make toys of in the land of lemons

Hmm
>>
>>7688925
They don't sell out before release. They close preorders. There's always stock for a brief in-stock sale.

Also, you must not buy figma, nendoroid, or monsterarts figures because they also close preorders and often run out, leaving only scalpers left as a source of buying figures.

It's bizarre to me that you expect that the baseline for any figure line, regardless of context, is that they be widely distributed in stores near you. The logistics of distribution and ordering that much stock without proven demand are insane, and not something a company of like 4 people wants to deal with. If this is a problem for you, just don't buy them.
>>
>>7689419

> muh walmart $3.99 bargain bin
>>
>>7689453
Hmm?
>>
>>7689419
>The logistics of distribution and ordering that much stock without proven demand are insane
David Silva ran Beast of Mesozoic raptor KS singlehandedly and he can keep shit instock. When the print runs out, he even ordered more from the factory with some paint apps update. Boss Fight, Marauders, are all poverty companies and they also keep stock.

All these companies are no larger than 4H, infact none of them have 1 million KS under their belt.
>>
>>7689500
I'm not here to defend 4H and in fact, don't even know all the details. Just popping in to say, this is a bad line of argument. Comparing companies is always gonna be apples and oranges, you don't actually know what kinds of individual challenges each faces and trying to force them onto some sort of equal footing in your mind for the sake of playing them against each other just doesn't work.

Again, I have no facts to back this up, I don't really know much about the backstory here, I'm just a casual Mythic Legions fan. But just saying, this kind of shit happens all the time at my job, people thinking they know what goes on behind the scenes and using it as a justification to draw parallels and pit people against each other.
>>
>>7689500
And the 4H are more well known and more successful, even moreso than that crappy raptor shit.
>>
>>7689500
>>7689679
4H also produce a lot more different characters than the other companies and in a bigger size class than at least Boss Fight and Marauders, making it much harder to keep the same number of each figure in stock.
They decided to forego always having stock in favor of having a bigger variety of figures
>>
>>7689833
>more different characters
Bologna! They have three entirely unique figures worth of parts plus half a dozen heads. They should have just gone the Marauders route of selling parts piecemeal and keeping a warehouse full of them, cycling out heads.
>>
>>7689940
It's amazing how you keep talking and saying more wrong things.
>>
>>7689977
He didn't say a single incorrect fact, though.
>>
>>7689940
It's actually about a dozen different build types at this point:

>Armored
>Jagged Armor
>Bare Skin
>Skeleton
>Dwarf
>Slim Male
>Armored Female
>Bare Female
>Jagged Slim
>Slim Skeleton
>Tabard Female
>Goblin

And that's not including one off pieces or unique heads. The 4H also put FAR more paint work into their figures then most other KS line (the raptors are of similar quality), which again, is why these guys cost what they do. (the raptors cost even more)

>>7689500
>keep shit instock.

That's the problem, they don't want their figures "in stock". They want their wharehouses empty and their figures in the hands of people who want them. Hell, they're probably still sitting on a bunch of the wave 2 birds that wouldn't move despite sitting on their shop for ages. Instead of worrying about whether something will sell or not, they give people ample time to pre-order whatever they want, and then make that much plus whatever is needed to reach a minimum quota for production from the factory.

What I never really understood is how the 4H's "limited" runs is any different from *every other toy company*. No larger company keeps making the same figure over and over again. They all make a wave, put it in stores then work on the next series. Very few companies make the same figures over and over.

How many Marvel Legends, or Figma or Revoltech or Figuarts or NECA figures saw one big release and never made it into the hands of the people who wanted them because they were sold out before they ever hit shelves? Limited quantity pre-orders, staggered distribution dates, shortpacking popular figures. There's been entire WAVES of figures that never even made it to store shelves because said store "reset" everything and moved on to the next line before the last one was even ordered by them.

I much prefer the made-to-order system because at least I know I'm getting what I want.
>>
>>7689986
They could save on paint work(and customer headaches) if they bothered to mold anything in uniquely colored plastic.
>>
>>7689982
Everything he said was wrong, numbnuts.
>>
>>7690013
>lalalalalala
>I'm not listening! Daddy Cornboy can do no wrong!
>>
>>7689986
>How many Marvel Legends, or Figma or Revoltech or Figuarts or NECA figures saw one big release and never made it into the hands of the people who wanted them because they were sold out before they ever hit shelves?
There's a diference that unless it's a true hot pocket sales, you can wait until at least there's video review of youtube. You can still order import stuff instock 1-2 weeks, even one month after release. This is to avoid QC issues, like the infamous Figma Snake face or early Mafex shenanigans. With 4H, the order window is like 1-2 days before the instock figure sold out.
With import sites like Amiami and HLJ, you also preorder, then pay when the figures are released. With 4H you pay one year in an advance, letting 4H rather than (You) accrue interest rate over a year.

These two distinctions make a lot of difference. The only equally terrible service is the MOTUC subscription service.
>>
>>7690122
>Accrue interest
Oh hey it's the "interest free loan" guy again.
>>
>>7690122
Yawn, you're back with more lies and complete bullshit. Go away, you don't impress anyone.
>>
File: media12.jpg (861 KB, 1920x1082)
861 KB
861 KB JPG
7th Kingdom The Mynothecean 7
7th Kingdom The Anitherian Nine
7th Kingdom The Queen's Council
Gothitropolis Scarabus
Gothitropolis Ravens
Mythic Legions 1.0
Mythic Legions 1.5
Mythic Legions 1.75
Mythic Legions All-stars
Mythic Legions 1.9 Coliseum
Mythic Legions 2.0 Advent of Decay
Mythic legions All-Stars 2.0
Mythic Legions 2.1 Soul Spiller
Mythic Legions Siege At Bjorngar
Mythic Legions Wasteland
Mythic Legions Arethyre

From 2006 ongoing to 2020, we have had an amazing run. It doesn't matter when you joined, cause things are only getting better and better.
>>
>>7690210
name one thing wrong with my argument. Paying in advance = paying more. This is why there is interest if you take out loan. That's how finance works. With BBTS, Amiami, or HLJ you pay when the product is released and ready to ship
>>
>>7690179
I think that guy lives ITT.
Because he's basically homeless from the rest of society.
Prob should just kill himself.
>>
>>7690232
But, I didn't pay in advance, you fucking retard sperg.
I bought in stock. There was no "loan".
Neck yourself.
>>
>>7690243
We're talking about pre-order. When you're buying instock sale then discuss my first point
>>unless it's a true hot pocket sales, you can wait until at least there's video review of youtube. You can still order import stuff instock 1-2 weeks, even one month after release. This is to avoid QC issues, like the infamous Figma Snake face or early Mafex shenanigans. With 4H, the order window is like 1-2 days before the instock figure sold out.
>>
>>7690245
you type like a faggot
>>
>>7690247
not an argument
>>
>>7690248
there is nothing to argue. you speading lies and falsehoods doesn't constitute a discussion. you don't belong here, and you are doing nothing to garner support for your "cause".
Fuck off and die.
>>
>>7690232
There's no interest free loans, they don't accrue interest, you're full of shit and lying.
>>
Really hope they do a 3rd all-star wave! I came in just before the 2nd Kickstarter so really need some of the OGs

>Gorgo
>Otho
>Malleus
>Demon Bros
>Ilgar
>>
Got a shipping notice for the last sale. Aw yiss.
>>
File: 020.jpg (248 KB, 600x875)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>7690333
>Ilgar
>>
>>7690356
If he's in the next vote I'll help you Ilgar anon. Now that I got Pixxus my next skellie-wants are him and Malleus
>>
>>7690122
Pre-ordered figures always ship weeks before instock sales so there is always plenty of time for reviews and impressions of each new wave. So that entire complaint is moot and down right dumb. There is no difference between how 4H run "limited" quantities of figures and how other companies do the exact same thing.

Your other line of complaint is equally as pointless as this is not some financial investment. We give them money, they give us toys. The prices are the same whether we pre-order them or buy them in stock, the only difference is that when I pre-order them(which has no limit) I am guaranteed to get my figures. I can't think of any better method of funding new figures then to be paying for them directly.

>>7690232
You pay interest on a loan because *that is how banks make money*. They loan you money, then you give them back more then what you borrowed. You are essentially paying to borrow the money. It has nothing to do with how early you pay for something as interest rates vary over time. You literally have no clue what you are talking about.
>>
File: Savage Legion 8-22-18.jpg (1.23 MB, 2129x1200)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>7690333
I have Gorgo, Malleus and Illgar already and they're all fantastic figures. Gorgo is especially striking with his solid jet black armor with his vivid red and gold trim and his majestic antlers. Though I do wish he had a unique head as his helmet has seen a LOT of re-use over the line.

That said, I would love some of the original knights I passed on from the first wave, Otho and Owain especially. Owain was originally going to be my main pledge back in the first KS, but I changed it to a basic Silver Knight once my order grew bigger then anticipated and I had to trim my budget. But over time I've been regretting having passed on him because he's probably the best looking "generic" knight of the line.
>>
>>7690122
>There's a diference that unless it's a true hot pocket sales, you can wait until at least there's video review of youtube. You can still order import stuff instock 1-2 weeks, even one month after release.
Not directly from the manufacturer. The sites where you can snag stuff after the fact are retail sites, which would be similar BBTS to Mythic Legions.
>>
>>7689419
Which Figmas or Monsterarts are hard to get?

Almost every single one gets imported to the US by various specialty stores and almost all of the time they charge MSRP, unlike amiami's preorder madness special of 15% off. It's after months and even years that that it ever goes for scalper prices.
Even then, a western relevant character sometimes gets picked up by Diamond, so it gets another release for a more mainstream get like from Barnes and Noble, Target, and/or Gamestop where they're put on sale and even clearanced off.

>>7689511
The point he's making is that if other indie toylines can keep shit in stock, then there's no reason 4H can't... aside from greed.
Reminds me of 3A's and Comic Con shit, where people are scrambling to get ahold of limited releases.
>>
File: ZuBmS.jpg (781 KB, 607x1506)
781 KB
781 KB JPG
Reminder to get your preorders in early!
>>
>>7690802
>Almost every single one gets imported to the US by various specialty stores
So, you consider second-hand availability to be the same as the preorder window?
>>
>>7690893
They're not second hand.
Literally just toy stores who order from distributors 8n japan.

Like I said, these stores almost always charge roughly msrp.... unlike bbts with 4h
>>
>>7690802
>aside from greed.
Isn't it amazing that your diseased little brain jumps straight to greed, instead of something more logical?
>>
>>7690898
BBTS prices are MSRP though. That's the manufacturer's suggested RETAIL price. Buying from 4H directly is WHOLESALE.
>>
>>7690802
>Almost every single one gets imported to the US by various specialty stores and almost all of the time they charge MSRP, unlike amiami's preorder madness special of 15% off.
Same with ML. You can preorder cheaper from 4H or pay more from other stores stock.
Whether you use the words discount or markup is irrelevant since the math is the same.
>>
>>7690440
>You pay interest on a loan because *that is how banks make money*. They loan you money, then you give them back more then what you borrowed. You are essentially paying to borrow the money. It has nothing to do with how early you pay for something as interest rates vary over time. You literally have no clue what you are talking about.
I'm pretty tired educating manchildren who doesn't understand how the economy work so this will be my last post. I'm reiterating that I LOVED the product, but don't like the distribution.

Any money making endeavor carry some risk. This is why cash you have in hand is more valuable than cash you will have in the future. When customers pay up front for a project, the risk is transferred to the customers. What happen if the chinese company went on strike? What happen if the chinese factory fucked over the 4H. What happen if the shipping ship got hijacked by Al Qaeda, sunk by the Kraken or lost in typhoon? What happen if there's mistake in the manufacturing process? These are all risk that is associated with manufacturing. The Kickstarter model, or 4H preorder model pass on this risk to customers.
>>
>>7690457
I've always been jealous of that croc. If I had known the thing was sculpted by the horsemen, I would have bought it on clearance when I had the chance.
>>
>>7691523
>I'm reiterating that I LOVED the product, but don't like the distribution.
> I'm reiterating
No need to reiterate, we get it. fucking kys now.
>>
>>7691558
>HEY GUYS REMEMBER ME?
>I'M THAT ONE FAGGOT THAT REALLY HATES HOW 4H DOES PREORDERS!
>THREADLY REMINDER!
>OH I LOVE THE FIGURES, JUST REMINDING EVERYBODY!
>WHAT, TELL 4H? WHY BOTHER THEY WON'T LISTEN.
>I'LL JUST WHINE HERE ABOUT IT, INEFFECTUALLY, FOREEEEVER!
>DID I MENTION I'M AN ECON MAJOR??
>>
>>7691558
SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM
>>
>>7688974
Really fag? You wanna show me a fucking image of a demon with gauged ears that look straight out of a portland pride parade?
>>
>>7691598
Just go to e621 and search "demon" and you'll have loads of visuals to pick from.
>>
File: Hrutokk.jpg (925 KB, 1600x1200)
925 KB
925 KB JPG
>>7691523
And nothing you said has anything to do with interest. Risk in an "investment" and Interest on a loan are two completely different issues.

But in the unlikely event that something catastrophically tragic happens, then I'm fine with taking the risk of losing a few hundred dollars. Because if it does come to that, it means that there is nothing the 4H as a company could do to stop it. Considering just how responsive they are to their community, and how they act when issues do occur, I feel they've earned plenty of trust as a company.

No purchase is without risk, I can't tell you how many McFarlane figures I've bought over the years that fell apart right out of the box or Figma with loose joints or paint rub or just poor QC Marvel Legends. Even the 4H aren't immune to a bad batch of figures here or there. But more often then not, their figures turn out great, and I'm happy with my purchase so I keep buying more.

>>7691551
When I bought her, I also bought two of the Wolves, but Wal-Mart being Wal-Mart cancelled my order saying that the figures weren't actually in stock. I'm still a little pissed at that because I never saw the wolves for a decent price anywhere else. The actual quality of them is horrible, they're hollow, they're creaky and my Lizzie starts splitting at the seams whenever you move a limb. But they look *really* nice in a display so they're great if they can be found cheap.

I swear, I probably spend more money buying figures and such to act as accessories to my Legions then I do on the Legions proper.
>>
>>7691523
>manchildren who doesn't
Disgusting.
>>
>>7690457
>>7691609
Talking about the lizzard, do you put the tail on and off? I put mine in place quickly and I can't remember if it looked safe to pull apart if I ever need to. Looking from your pic it looks like you've got it detatched in the self (or else that's a fucking deep display you've got cause that thing is long).
>>
>>7691551
>I've always been jealous of that croc.
same, but I never even saw it on shelves here
>>
>>7691805
Nah, her tail pops on and off easy so i just keep it off. Even without it though, she's still a shelf hog. I have to completely redo my set up though, those pics are already outdated as the AoD release more or less doubled my collection and that shelf got way more crowded. With all the other stuff I have on order, I`m planning to just renovate my small toy room entirely. Even being super picky, these guys are quickly taking over my shelves as they all look too good to throw in a storage bin.
>>
File: nerd crew.gif (2.98 MB, 480x270)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB GIF
>>7690902
>Isn't it amazing that your diseased little brain jumps straight to greed, instead of something more logical?
Consider the fact people seem to believe that 2002 era articulation figures should cost $35 at WHOLESALE...
>>7690936
>BBTS prices are MSRP though. That's the manufacturer's suggested RETAIL price. Buying from 4H directly is WHOLESALE.
... nothing but greed.

But this is nothing but bullshit from fanboys needing to change the definitions of words to defend 4H's greed. 4H isn't selling anything wholesale to no body.
>noun 1. the selling of goods in large quantities to be retailed by others.
>adverb 1. being sold in large quantities to be retailed by others.

>>7691578
hate to break it to you, but he's not me and you'd have to be pretty stupid to not understand how you are giving them interest free loans, because that's how even super large companies like Hasbro work: https://investor.hasbro.com/financial-information/fixed-income#
Tini-tiny companies that also do kickstarter shit somehow are able to produce toys on a routine basis without asking for interest free loans every single time like 4H does.

Nothing but greed, yet you guys defend their screwy shit like movie reviewers do Disney.
>>
>>7692074
>sucks Hasbro cock while shitting oh 4H
Don't you have a Revoltech thread to derail somewhere subjectanon?
>>
I can understand not liking a thing, but what kind of dipshit lets a toy company live rent free in their head?
"The only thing that keeps me going anymore, is telling people who like a thing, how much I don't like that thing."
Pathetic.
>>
>>7692089
I'm a fan, but i hate 4H's shithouse business model.
>>
>>7692232
Feel free to write them a letter because guess what: no one here really gives a shit.
>>
File: 4h power lords.jpg (239 KB, 900x1200)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>7691609
>And nothing you said has anything to do with interest. Risk in an "investment" and Interest on a loan are two completely different issues.
I think what he's getting at is that they don't take any risks because they can't get a loan.

So they turn inward to their circlejerk places and only get money from an insular group (hence interest free loans), who don't care that there's no growth and shuts out anyone but already ardent fans, because that's who blind buys products.

Kickstarters are great for making something exist, but real growth comes from actually selling it to the general public. You can see who actually grows as a company by how much product they're able to produce afterward, because demand is so great.
Whereas 4H can only make a product when they ask for interest free loans and fail at everything else but their little insular fanbase.

I want to see 4H expand, like they had tried to before. For the past 4 years, it's nothing but retread after retread, with nothing else in the future.
>>
>>7692352
I don't want the 4H having to get "loans" from traditional sources, I want to give them my money directly so they can put more of it directly to the product they make rather then having to pay off interest to some bank. Interest in and of itself is one of the biggest scams out there and anyone who thinks it's a positive is a complete moron.

The 4H face the same risks as everyone else when they do business. If something goes south, they're screwed just like all their fans. And when things *have* gone south for them, they went out of their way and into their pockets to fix it. They've more then earned the trust and loyalty of their fans and deserve the sucess they're seeing.

Anyone who's been following these guys for the past few years can see the crazy amount of growth they've had. They went from releasing one base figure with different head sculpts every few years to launching an entire line of modular 7" figures with one of the most successful toy kickstarters ever. They went from having only three or four basic bucks to having over a dozen and are adding more as we speak. Nobody expected them to release their trolls or their ogres or horses in this scale, but here we are, each one looking better then the last. They've completely moved away from Kickstarter, opting for smaller pre-order waves which see better and better numbers each time, are contracting out an experienced logistics company to help sales run smoother (and potentially keep an active stock of figures) and every mid wave since AoD shipped has seen new tooling introduced. They're super active on social media, frequent multiple smaller conventions so they actually get a chance to talk with their fans in person and even run their own silly little web-con to give fans news, udates, reveals and prizes in real time.

How anyone can claim their business model isn't working or that they haven't seen any growth as a company is ludicrous or trolling.
>>
>>7691551
What is the croc from?
>>
>>7692916
The Rampage live action movie. It was a short lived Wal-Mart exclusive line that came and went in the blink of an eye. Some Wal-Marts didn't even stock the line at all. The figures were mostly reused from other cheapo lines, but themonsters were all new and sculpted by the 4H.
>>
>>7691551
Jesus Christ you sound like such a faggot

>"Hey I could have bought that $20 toy for like $5 but it was pretty gay LMAO"
>"The four horsemen sculpted it"
>"WHAT?! OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE I LOOOOOOOVE THE FOUR HORSEMEN"
>>
>>7693102
Kill yourself
>>
>>7692728
>How anyone can claim their business model isn't working or that they haven't seen any growth as a company is ludicrous or trolling.
>interest free loans only nets them enough funds to produce enough figures to cover preorders
>growth
>working business model
lol
And this is exactly why 4h can't get a traditional bank loan

you're as clueless as 4H

>Nobody expected them to release their trolls or their ogres or horses in this scale
only because they got enough orders. I don't know if you remember, but they had to meet a certain unknown number of orders to get the trolls made.

It's exactly why their Power Lords line never took off, because they couldn't meet that unknown number of orders, because of how insular their fanbase is now.
>>
>>7693315
>And this is exactly why 4h can't get a traditional bank loan

1) Why the hell would anyone WANT a bank loan if they could find money from other sources? Getting a loan from a bank is literally throwing money away.

2) What makes you think a company as long standing and successful as the 4H couldn't get a bank loan when they literally give them to just about anyone?

>It's exactly why their Power Lords line never took off
Powerlords failed because Power Lords suck.
>>
>>7693315
>a traditional bank loan
Because a traditional bank loan is what decides if a product is good or not.
...If you are a retarded half-wit faggot.
>>
You guys have been feeding replies for 3 days straight, have you still not noticed this isn't an actual discussion?
>>
>>7693322
>Powerlords failed because Power Lords suck.
Just came here to agree. Those designs were fucking boring.
>>
>>7693322
>>7693353
Yeah I hated the look of them when they showed those off. I loved the birds, I love Mythic legions, but those just looked like a bad line from the 80s
>>
>>7693322
>4h successful
>history of losses and failures
>lost one of their partners
>only able to produce enough toys to cover their current fanbase and literally a dozen others
>b-b-but-b-b-but-t-t-t-t their other lines are shit and who cares if they fail
>successful

>>7693329
A traditional bank loan would allow them to make more than what they can barely afford to produce for their current insular fanbase
>>
>>7693347
hey man, the thread bumps are free bumps, plus there's a preorder going on, so always good to be on page 1
>>
>>7693402
Is there a specific date when the pre-order stops? I assume we'll get a warning email from the 4H before it comes up...I just need to plan my shit out. I want a horse, but I kinda want the fire horse, but I don't know if I NEED the fire horse.
>>
>>7693405
Last time they had no end date, they gave us a 2 week warning. I can only assume we will be getting the same heads up this time.
>>
File: 11520189728.jpg (216 KB, 800x627)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>7693402
I like this guy a lot. I need more unique orcs. May just get him and Arethyr.
>>
>>7693432
he really looks good especially those new pauldrons.
I was close to getting him, but I wish his legs were fully armoured. I know that's kind of his gimmick, but those tiny bare feet don't fit with the bulky torso in my opinion
>>
Never ever ever again
>>
>>7693499
>I'll never have Horus and Anubis
AAAAAGGGGHHHHH It hurts.
>>
>>7693347
Eh, it's such low quality bait that it's almost fun to point out how dumb it is. Besides, it keeps the thread active. At the very least I'm trying to throw some pics in here or there...sadly none of em are new. I really gotta get a good photo session on with some of my newer figures.

Pic unrelated.

>>7693359
>Ran multiple successful, record setting Kickstarters
>Contract works for numerous huge toy companies while still producing original figures.
>Created entirely unique original IP that sells out constantly on strength of toys alone despite no mass market advertising or on going fiction
>Expands said line into various different size classes.
>Only real failure is not being able to sell toys for a dead franchise with few fans.

Keep being butthurt that Powerlords suck, it's failure just means they can spend more energy making Mythic Legions.

>A traditional bank loan would allow them to make more than what they can barely afford to produce for their current insular fanbase

They've produced over a hundred figures for a line that's only four years old, with over a dozen more on the horizon. That's more figures then most major toy companies put out across multiple franchises at once. A "traditional" loan would only keep them from making more because they'd lose money paying back the scam that is interest.

Do you work for some kind of bank or something because I've never seen anyone have such a hard on for throwing money away on interest.

>>7693402
>>7693432
>>7693453
I was kinda iffy on the bare feet for him as well, but it's growing on me. Kind of gives him a more "back to nature" kind of look, like he's some old wizened Orc who's past all the reaving and pillaging and wants to get back to their roots of being simple tribe folks. I didn't order him at the start, but I certainly plan to grab him before the Pre-Order ends.
>>
>>7693432
I recognize the aquarium foliage and grass, but what's the stuff you've used for where the Mythic Legion and custom Mega Construx Orcs are placed?
>>
File: smrt.gif (2.16 MB, 480x360)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB GIF
>>7693523
>ignore all of 4H's failures because one thing sells well with their insular fanbase and that's why they're so succesful in producing the bare minimum to sell only to their fanbase
I mean, it's not like 4H is a business who has other plans. They must exist only to cater to you and you only.
>>
>>7693499
I snagged a basic colored one off ebay for 70 bucks, but want the dormant one lol
>>
>>7693541
Of course they exist to satisfy my needs, what did you think? That they care for you too? Oh, silly Anon...
>>
>>7693499
That would be so sweet indeed.
Oh well, at least i'm glad i discovered Mythic Legions in time to grab a bunch of figures i like and will have the opportunity to have each horsemen. I'm so curios to what the other ones will look like.
>>
File: video.webm (1.03 MB, 1280x720)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB WEBM
>>
File: You Died.jpg (353 KB, 900x675)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
>>7693541
>All their failures
>Only one line failed
>All other lines were super successful

Please enlighten me oh Anon of all knowing, what failures are you talking about? Beside Powerlords, which was a failure of a franchise long before the 4H tried to bring it's corpse back to life.
>>
File: symbiotech 4 horsemen.jpg (156 KB, 915x1023)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>7693586
>a business that isn't mine exists only to cater to me
transfags, weeaboos, and 4h fans share something in common.

>>7693603
they've had a couple dozen ideas they've had floating around, with half assed attempts everywhere, but i guess newfags like yourself don't know anything about things that happened just two years ago.

Shit like the succubuses are still paraded around to drum up support without any real hope.
Nevermind there's only 3 Horsemen now, because the 4th horseman was tired of waiting around with nothing but retools and redecos.

Also, i really like how you're trying to discount Power Lords, because it was successful enough for them to try and make an entire line out of it just two years ago. Sadly, the he-manfag sites they marketed their shit to don't care, so of course 4H's efforts failed. Begging for money from the same fanbase leads to only failures.
Awful business practices that just shows how clueless they are.
>>
>>7693727
>transfags, weeaboos, and 4h fans share something in common.
Your whining.
>>
>>7693727
Speaking of Power Lords, if any line needed the exposure of Kickstarter it was that, not wave 2 of Mythic Legions. PL was pretty brazenly set up for failure, and I really don't know why.
>>
>>7693727
>clueless
Yeah, that's why they're so successful, right? So very clueless, giving people amazing figures time after time after time, while sculpting for some of the biggest companies around. You repost this same shit every other thread, and it never gets any less retarded and pathetic. You suck.
>>
Powerlords looked fantastic, 4H are fucking retards that cave to the 40 people that post on their shit message board and abandoned any 1/18 line.

>Sell only 1/12 toys for years on end
>Change your planned 1/18 line to 1/12 due to bitching from your current fanbase
>Increase 1/12 fanbase even more
>Try to sell another 1/18 line to a bunch of 1/12 fans
>Fails miserably
>"HURR DURR NO ONE WANTS 1/18 TOYS"
>Meanwhile there's a dozen successful 1/18 Kickstarters and other indie lines like Acid rain and planet green valley
>>
>>7694039
We don't even know how it did because we had no way to gauge it, just their word. For all we know they were honest but their goal was absurdly lofty (it probably was with that many new molds all in one go). And it isn't just that they abandoned the scale they abandoned the line. They could have made these figures in 1/12 too, they just chose not to touch it after that preorder. No KS, no push for it (I remember a fan made a hype video for them and that's what they reposted on their IG), no effort into it, and not even a thought to trying again. It really is a shame cause the product looked really good and was much improved from their first PL figures.
>>
File: Birds.jpg (852 KB, 1596x1064)
852 KB
852 KB JPG
>>7693727
Abandoned ideas are not failures, they're abandoned ideas. The pic you posted was a one off statue, not a failed line. The Vampire girls were the *losers* of a fan vote that led to the Gothitropolis Ravens, which had over 40 figures made (more then any previous line) and sold ridiculously well. And right off the heels of the birds, the 4H changed their entire business model to move away from one off "retools and redecos." and create a line that could grow indefinitely over a long period of time through the use of modular parts.

It's also funny how you call a dead line like Power Lords a "success" while saying the 4H are failures with their Mythic Legion line. I'm pretty certain you don't know what the word success actually means.

>>7694039
I love my 1:18 figures, I have more G.I Joes then any other figure in my collection and have been buying from Marauder John (someone who's had FAR more Kickstarters then the 4H but never gets any flak about it) long before he ever got into the actual figure game. The 4H not going with that scale for Mythic Legions was absolutely the right thing to do. For starters, they wouldn't have even been proper 1:18, they would've been like 5" tall figures, which wouldn't really fit with any other pre-existing line. Also, as both Acid Rain and PGV's figures have shown us, the price difference between the two scales is almost non-existent. I still haven't bothered with Acid Rain's figures because they're just too expensive for what you get, especially the vehicles (and I'm still waiting on my PGV figures). There are also far more options at 1:12 scale for accessories and such to mix in with the current Legions that work so well it's like they were made for each other.

Again, I'm a huge fan of 1:18th stuff, but had the 4H went with their original smaller scale plan, I would never have bothered with the line. These guys look too good to be that small.
>>
>>7694355
>abandoned ideas
>produce prototypes
>showing it off to other toy companies
>showing it off to retailers
>go to banks and show off business model
>can't get loan
>unsuccessful in getting heman base to care about it
>not a failure, but "abandoned"
>not actually abandoned because they still showed them off at shows for years
Love how you need to change the terms just to suit your little biased view. Not getting any support to produce the line is a failure. Just like their Outer Space Men line was a failure. Failure can be applied to so much shit, because a failure is a failure. If it's just an IDEA and never got a prototype made, i personally would not consider it a failure, but there are artists who do. f
>The pic you posted was a one off statue, not a failed line
LOL, nope. You're blind if you can't see the joints and your newfag is showing. There's like 2 other pairs AND redecos. And the Power Lords line was successful, hence a second wave was announced, but like with most things 4H, they pretty much can only produce one thing at a time. So it would have been revisted later... and failed.

>>7693978
extremely self centered manchildren.
>>7694039 >>7694053
4H is shit at marketing their stuff, hence not being able to get anything done without asking their fanbase for interest free loans, and that fanbase is mostly made up of just hemanfags.
Supposedly the Power Lords line got 2/3rds of the way to its unknown goal... which is just total shit that they can't just put their own money into it, which shows just how little faith they have in their products
>>
>>7695406
Yes, an abandoned idea is a abandoned idea, not a failure. Every toy company has them, many have even made prototypes. But very often, those ideas get shelved and never used.

Again, the Symbiotech figures LOST in the FanEx votes, repeatedly, showing that fans were interested in OTHER figures moreso then them. In other words, the 4H asked their fans what figures they want made and the fans said "Not Those". Why then, would they go and make them? Why make figures people don't want?

And again, why the hell would anyone want to owe money to a bank? That is not a good thing. That is not an ideal situation, and people should it avoid at all costs because it is just throwing away money. Bank loans are a scam and should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

Though you are correct in one thing, the Symbiotech figures were not one off statues, I was mistaken in that part. I was thinking of their lone MagmaCORPS Vinyl figure, as he was the one off figure they produced from a line they abandoned. The Symbiotech figures only prototypes and never even made it close to production because they could never win a FanEx vote.

>Supposedly the Power Lords line got 2/3rds of the way to its unknown goal... which is just total shit that they can't just put their own money into it,

Why? There weren't enough people willing to buy them, so why would they spend their own money to have extra figures sit in their wharehouse for god knows how long.

*Not enough people wanted them*

How is that hard to grasp? People were paying double and triple the price for the birds after they were released, Mythic Legions broke records with it's Kickstarter and launched with a 30+ figure initial wave. But PowerLords couldn't even reach a simple minimum order. Why ignore the successful projects in order to pay out of pocket for figures no one wanted?
>>
>>7695517
As you just said, both Mythic Legions and the Birds' prices went up after the fact, who's to say similar demand wouldnt exist for Power Lords after they were made and people had them in hand and people were exposed to them that way? I think it's definitely unfair for you to say people don't want Power Lords because of the outcome, or those other figures. Just because they voted for one over the other doesn't mean they wouldn't likewise have wanted the other product, merely that they preferred one over the other.

Not to mention the complete lack of transparency in the Power Lords campaign. There's no telling if the outcome would have been different on Kickstarter, but it's hard to get over the fact that they put Mythic Legions 2.0 on KS even though it didn't need it while PL was stuck with an on site preorder with little to no marketing. There were like 2 podcasts, and that one forum member doing his best on his own. The KS exposure would have definitely helped, especially with the large 1/18 support there was on KS at the time.
>>
File: tenor-3.png (310 KB, 538x464)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>>7695406
I'm not doing your gish gallop bullshit, but
>Still showing them off at shows
They sculpt for other toy lines, of course they take stuff they've sculpted to shows, when your business goes to a trades show you bring materialst o show what you are capable of.

And loans are never desirable. If they can make their business work without them, they SHOULD.
>>
>>7695517
>Failure: a lack of success in some effort. : a situation or occurrence in which something does not work as it should
Because, you know.... they did put effort in trying to make their other toylines.
>Abandon: a complete surrender to natural impulses without restraint or moderation; freedom from inhibition or conventionality
Oh wait, that's the noun, hence your need to use "abandoned idea" instead.
Here's the verb
>to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
>to give up; discontinue; withdraw from: to abandon hopes for a stage career.
LOL, sounds way worse than failure, huh?
4H abandoned their other properties like rats from a sinking ship.
Either way, it's the same shit. They couldn't find anyone to carry their products and they're so bad at marketing their stuff that no other product they want to release will gain any traction. Failure. Abandoned. Potato. Potatoe.
Hence their need to get some real credit to fund shit outside of their insular heman-fanbase. Again, they WANT their other projects to work out. They're not spending countless hours designing, sculpting, prototyping, marketing, and going to shows around the country just so you can that their other projects aren't failures, but motivation tools to make them stick to only pleasing hemanfags.
>There weren't enough people willing to buy them,
The only reason they couldn't get enough people is because 4H are dumbshits who can't market. Like that other guy mentioned, there's so many other 1:18 lines from complete unknowns and even hated/distrusted owners that get funded. It's one of the easiest scales to get support, yet 4H failed at that.

>>7695580
You're a dumb newfag who never heard of 4H until last year, huh?
That symbiotech line had been paraded around by since 2010 or 2009 until like 2016 and they always said the same shit about how theyre still looking for someone to carry it
>>
Remember when mythic legion was gonna be glyos compatible?
>>
File: 1533352412277.jpg (134 KB, 590x332)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>
>>7695406
>unsuccessful in getting heman base to care about it
You're such a weird shitty troll that you come up with some of the most random bullshit to complain about.
>>
>>7695671
Really? They were gonna be tiny guys?
>>
File: adam power lords.jpg (175 KB, 640x480)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>7695835
>random bullshit
>4H didn't really reach out to market the line except to their current fanbase, which is made up of hemanfags
I'm not the only one who noticed this.
Other people GOT 4H to spread the word elsewhere, but who knows if these other people did it before 4H did and even then, only like two 1:18 sites had coverage.
And no updates outside of 4H's site, which is pretty important when asking for interest free loans that needs to reach a goal... which was never said, because 4H are incompetent.

>>7696585
They were going to be 4" figures. Not sure what that other guy is talking about when saying the Mythic Legions wouldn't be, considering the fact that 4H had no problems doing exactly that before.
They only seem to suck shit when it comes to 1:12 products since their DCUC era.
>>
>>7697008
>because 4H are incompetent.
Obviously they're not. But please, continue making things up.
>>
>>7697055
Forsooth, that faggot is forever fabricating falsehoods and flagrantly flouting facts.
>>
File: symbiotech redecos 4h.jpg (62 KB, 1024x768)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>7697055
>>7697077
says the guys who need to change the meanings of words like "abandon" and "failure" to pretend that lines you didn't even know existed until the other day were never made because 4H continually fails so much that they're afraid of putting their own money on the line to make anything else.

But please, keep giving them interest free loans just so they can produce the absolute minimum and pretend that's somehow a good thing for a business.
>>
>>7697090
>interest free loans
K E K
E
K
>>
>>7697090
Does your employer pay you in cash at the end of each hour you work? No?
Why do you keep giving him interest free loans?
>>
>>7697101
>implying subjectanon does anything besides live off neetbux
>>
>>7697090
Waah waaah loans waah waah waah. Keep your tears flowin', I've got a dozen more toys coming and they look fucking awesome.
>>
>>7697101
yes, i could pay myself every single hour if i wanted to, because I'm actually in charge of that shit. But i actually pay myself almost once a month, because I'm lazy, but thanks for twisting shit around to these extreme measures because it's the only way you can defend how incompetent 4H is.

PS, my company has done multiple kickstarters, but we make other products too without asking for interest free loans, because we have a credit line that is infinitely useful.
At this point for us, kickstarter is basically just a marketing tool.

PS2.0, i also use the credit to buy myself toys, accessories, backgrounds, etc and write it off, because it's used for marketing.
>>
REMINDER to PREORDER your Mythic Legions NOW!!
New preorder should be open for a good while!

Preorder at
>>
>>7697126
HIS BOSS GETS INTEREST FREE LOANS OFF HIS WAGE FOR A WHOLE FUCKING MONTH.
WHAT A SHITTER!
LMFAO!
Not that I ever took anything you post seriously, but holy shit you lecturing other people on a falsehood,l when you actually suffer from it IRL, is so fucking hilarious I nearly pissed myself laughing.
And you got so defensive over it too! looooooooooooooool
>>
>>7697126
>i actually pay myself almost once a month
Neetbux confirmed
>>
>>7697126
>thanks for twisting shit around to these extreme measures
Took that one straight out of the Subjectanon playbook. :^)
>>
Look at what I got!
>>
>>7697408
>goblins and skelis
>>
File: Snagg.png (1.06 MB, 846x1000)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>7697408

1st up is Snagg.
I love his head, and was surprised to find the ears and nose are softer plastic.

His whole miss match scavenger thief theme is great, but I feel they could have done more with it, like make one or both arms bare skin, give him different gauntlets, or have one thigh or shin guard be different colors. things like that.
>>
File: Gobo - Spearman.png (989 KB, 750x1000)
989 KB
989 KB PNG
>>7697427
Next his kinsman, the builder Goblin.

Out of the box, he had a problem with his right elbow joint. The outside "flap" was bend out of the hole somewhat, but after being dunked in hot water it bend back into the joint and he's just fine now.

He's so short that he really looks great with the spear.

>>7697419
Can't have too many skeletons, and all the goblins look so unique form each other, it's hard to pass them up.
>>
File: Brother Mandibulus.png (1008 KB, 750x1000)
1008 KB
1008 KB PNG
>>7697442
At first I wasn't even sure if I was going to get Brother Mandibulus over a few of the other named characters, but I'm glad I did.

The colors, materials, and textures are very eye catching without being too busy.

The hinged visor rubbed paint off the helmet when I first moved it, but given the character it doesn't look out of place, so I don't mind.

Is the unhelmeted head meant to be a different character? Because it's not the same shape as his helmeted head, and is missing a tooth.
>>
>>7697458
>Is the unhelmeted head meant to be a different character? Because it's not the same shape as his helmeted head, and is missing a tooth.

nah they just threw in an extra generic skull cause they probably had millions of them
>>
File: Skeleton - Builder.png (973 KB, 750x1000)
973 KB
973 KB PNG
>>7697458
Along side the two gobbos, the Skeleton Builder were my three for sure buys.

Her elbow joints were fused tight from the paint. Why the joints were painted, I have no idea. Some dipping in hot water loosened her up, and now she moves fine, though I'm still too scared to try and pull the arms out to try the alt chest piece on.

Two downsides:
One is that whenever I handle her more than briefly, I either get paint chips from the joints, or full on paint rub off on my hands.

The other being that her hands aren't as tight as the other figures, so accessories are kind of loose and floppy.

I also wish this came with a bone neck part like Brother Mandi did, instead of just a generic neck part.

All those things aside, I'm happy with this one.
>>
File: Elf White Archer.png (1.08 MB, 817x1000)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>7697483
Sadly I got kind of a dud with the elf, here.

The arms and especially hip joints are very tight, so tight that it hurts my fingers trying to move them.

On top of that, the pegs that go into the body are very short and pop out far too easy. Meaning whenever I try to pose him, his limbs dislocate.

This is really too bad, since he's the most flashy of the lot behind Mandibulus, and has an amazing collection of accessories.
>>
File: Elf Green Lancer.png (774 KB, 554x1000)
774 KB
774 KB PNG
>>7697512

Personally, I wish the 3rd head would have been the same open faced one, but painted green, or have the full head helmet be painted with white or brown skin. But that's just me.
>>
File: Dwarf - Infantry.png (1.14 MB, 936x1000)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>7697534
Lastly is the cavern dwarf.

I wasn't even going to get this one, but the craziness of the stock sale, combined with the fact that I sold about $22 of clothes I didn't wear anymore led me to impulse buy him.
I'm happy I did.

I was surprised to find that he's in the same gang as the goblins are.
>>
File: Thigh_Joint_Right.jpg (1.7 MB, 2592x1456)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
>>7697512
>On top of that, the pegs that go into the body are very short and pop out far too easy. Meaning whenever I try to pose him, his limbs dislocate.

Might be a defect, i had the same problem with my vampire legion builder and got a new part, that was better. Ask for a new part.
>>
File: orders8919.jpg (10 KB, 206x197)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>7697156
A partnership means i have no boss, hence me taking out money whenever i want.

And since i run a business, guess how much i know more than you selfish manchildren who think 4H is only making toys just for you and don't actually want to produce anything else.

Again, if they could get a line of credit, their dreams could come true, instead of being stuck catering to a limited insular fanbase.

>>7697158
here's a partial number on just preorders with my company.
Luckily for everyone else, the products we sell aren't limited to just people willing to give out interest free loans, unlike 4H who can only afford to produce the minimum numbers.
>>
>>7697579
>here's a partial number on just preorders with my company
And why would you only show a partial number? It's clearly 1180ish, but you want people to believe its 1,180,00ish for some reason.
>>
>>7697828
are you retarded?
why would you believe anyone would make you guess there'd be a million preorders?
Do video games even get that many interest free loans?

Also, that's more than 4H's first kickstarter.
>>
>>7697860
So why only show the partial number?
>>
>>7697860
>interest free loans
It'd be nice if anyone saying this would get a permaban.
>>
>>7697579
>if they could get a line of credit, their dreams could come true

Maybe their dreams aren't about crunching numbers and filing more financing paperwork. They're creative people, they're probably out to just make some cool stuff they've been itching to make.

Remember that they actually have a day job in the same business. You think they don't know how things work and the mundane grind you have to out for big time manufacturing, retail and marketing?

The fact remains that whatever method they picked has worked out for THEM. They're obviously happy about it, and are now smartly hefting retail logistics to people who can do it better (Their website is soooo shit, it's obvious they know nothing about usability and info architecture).
>>
File: hip pins.png (1.83 MB, 1677x1000)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB PNG
>>7697561
This is what the hip pegs look like.
>>
File: Shoulder Pegs.png (1.86 MB, 1726x998)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB PNG
>>7698404
And here are the shoulder pegs.

After a good soaking in hot water, and some movement, the arms aren't that bad anymore. I think it must have been the excess paint on them that was making them disagreeable.

The hips on the other hand are still tight.
>>
>>7698404
First run Gwendolyn? Was moving those hips laterally super tight? Because that was my problem, and even with as much heat as I can pump at them, the pegs would rather bend than let that hinge work.
>>
It's amusing how jealous Subjectanon is of 4H's success.
He spends so much time ITT trying to discredit their endeavor. Soooo much jealously.
I'm sure he will disagree with this post, but in doing so only further cements my claim. He can't stay away, like a fly to honey.
>>
>>7698416
No, the elf legion builder.
>>
>>7698423
I forgot that came in gold. The thing is, all my first run 2.0 figures have that issue
>>
File: power lords preorder.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>7698053
We have a manager and an accountant. Not hard to find these and accountants don't need to be full time.

Also, that's a lot of shitty assumptions, given that they've already done in it in the past. How do you think their earlier lines were funded?
You continue to ignore the fact that they have tried to make MULTIPLE lines, to be produced concurrently with Mythic Legions, without any success. So they obviously are ready to "crunch numbers" and already go to business meetings and other shit that requires non-creative work.

>>7698417
I'm a fan of 4H's stuff and want to see them succeed. It's you guys going off on these tangents to pretend 4H is perfectly happy making only Mythic Legions and have no other plans.
There's no jealously, especially since my company is able to produce shit year round, without needing to ask for interest free loans to get them made. We usually get around a thousand orders a week, so we're making more money than them too.
>>
>>7698867
>I'm a fan of 4H's stuff and want to see them succeed
No you're not. You say this every time you derail a thread with your bullshit. You are a liar, you make things up, and you live to bring up the same tired bullshit over and over again. You are a troll, at best.
>>
>>7698867
Honestly, I don't care about any of this bante, I just think it's a shame about nice figures I'd have liked to get not getting made, like these Power Lords (I'm vehement that they didn't get a fair shot with the way that the preorder was handled). I remember when the preorder was going on I was so excited and got so intrigued by the more alien looking designs that I went to a local library to read "Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials". I loved the creativity Power Lords and that book contained and when they said they were even going to have Barlowe create some new characters for the line (or something like this, perhaps unreleased characters from the original Power Lords) I could not wait to see what we were going to get. It kind of seems like the 4H are content with just Mythic Legions at the moment, but hopefully one day they'll try some more interesting passion projects (I believe Power Lords was Cornboy's).
>>
File: rancor vs troll.jpg (756 KB, 2316x1302)
756 KB
756 KB JPG
>>7698878
>because you don't ignorantly praise 4H nor ignore their shittty business practice that means you're not a fan
Oh, you gatekeepers are hilarious.

I'm sure you remember these photographs, around the time i started being disappointed with their products and wondering why they still stick with cheap old engineering.
>>
>>7698924
>I'm sure you remember these photographs
I have been actively waiting for them
>>
>>7695406
Lot of BS here but I'll focus on one small part... outerspace men were not a failure. They released every single character in multiple colors over years and even made several new characters. It only became unprofitable when they were on their literal 6th re release of some of the molds in boring ass white so they sold off their license to it. No amount of mental gymnastics can call this line a failure.
>>
File: DCUC-16-Robin-022.jpg (678 KB, 1080x832)
678 KB
678 KB JPG
>>7698965
so you want to claim I'm not a fan, despite the fact i invested into the line because love their designs, and you know this, but still want to say I'm not a fan because I don't slurp up their cum from how excited they get from getting interest free loans?
ok.

>>7698997
>line fails
>but not a failure because the figures sucked, didn't sell, and they ditched the now ruined license
>this is totally not a failure
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Considering your logic, how big of a fan are you of Mattel's shit?
>>
>>7699013
I'm not claiming anything, I wasn't even a part of this conversation. I just saw the thread go to shit and I know that means the Rancor pics are about to be posted.

Now please post the other ones, I like seeing the mech
>>
>>7699025
>conversation
It's not really a conversation though. It's just subjectanon being a contrarian for the sake of trolling, then claiming he's not by posting the same shit he always posts (you know, the photos you have been waiting on).
>>
>>7699013
The fuck? Are you retarded? They wound up making the -entire line- and then released them over and over again in different colors and they constantly sold out. It was only 3 years later and after the entire roster of characters had been completed that they stopped producing the toys. What part of this qualifies as a failure to you?
>>
I'd like to point out, that owning something isn't proof of being a fan of it.
I own a few Marvel Legends, and I am certainly no fan of the line.
I could claim I was, all day long, but that doesn't make it true.
When you do nothing but verbally tear something down, you are showing your true colors. All you ever have to say is negativity. We get it, how could we forget now?
Posting a couple photos of your things doesn't prove shit, and saying "oh i love them and want them to succeed" doesn't prove shit either.
You have no reason to be here besides trolling.
>>
>>7699060
Those aren't his photos they usually aren't its usually the same shit posted here just to cause drama.
>>
File: FHM10086_i.jpg (34 KB, 752x564)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
How about instead of drama, we talk about something fun? Like what kind of future figures we'd like to see...

What about a deluxe beast man builder.
Heads can be kitty cat, moo cow, wild piggy, and maybe a full helmet with antlers like the Silverhorn Sentry.

Both sets of hoof and paw feet.

That large beefy neck piece.

Bare chest, bare upper arms, bare thighs, armored everything else.

Skin color should be different than the already released Minotaurs, armor pieces should be in complementary colors.
I'd also suggest to four hoursmen that when they want to make new weapons, they poor the money into tooling new attachments for the one and two handed handles, and two handed axe and warhammers.
>>
File: 20170211_003612_003.jpg (3.39 MB, 5312x2988)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB JPG
>>7699044
I really like how newfag you are that you don't know about me taking all these photos, complete with my complaints about the joints. Preorder buyer and there's no reason for me to take further pictures, because i already documented how bad the joints are and how the paint scrapes off so easily with my pics.

I'm not sure if our archive goes back enough, but I'm one of the very few people on this board who even backed the trolls back then. There's like 2 others who showed it off after it was shipped, as far as i could tell, and like maybe two other guys who bought them from BBTS or a ebay later. Here's a full res.

>>7699060
You have to be a fan to blind buy $300 dollars worth in toys, two or three years before it even gets produced and shipped.

That's my entire complaint, which that guy from earlier was talking about, because that's who its only selling to now. An insular fanbase, where new fans are shut out because of how restrictive buying these figures are.
You then end up with fuck heads like yourself, shitting out their cognitive dissonance because of how much they're spending and ending up with 2004 quality figures where their dated joints can't even give them full range you'd expect to get from them.

Sorry, but some of us aren't happy with how 4H's shitty business practices and how they're entirely one note now, being as cheap as Marvel Legends re-re-re-redecoing and re-re-re-re-tooling, where they're charging us nearly $25 more for engineering that was already outdated in 2005.
Unlike you, i started buying 4H's stuff since the minotaurs and it was great getting completely new figures almost every year. The promise for even more original figures was exciting even when i didn't give a shit about lines like Outerspace men, because they still showed they were always going to produce more than that.
Now? Retread, retools, with DCUC type figures in 2019. Worthy of complaints, but you don't think so because... why? shill or cornboy himself?
>>
>>7699217
blah blah blah same old shit.
>>
>>7699217
You seriously have nothing else to do but copy paste your points over in a different format right.

I mean I get it its fun to convince somebody with all your might but you really have nothing else to do don't you?
>>
File: illgar-never-ever.jpg (108 KB, 750x499)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>
>>7699219
ignore me then, instead of coming up with your bullshit and delusions to defend their moronic practices.
>>
>>7699222
Why do you sound like such a jealous poorfag? Go ahead and name five different companies producing 1/12 fantasy action figures.
>>
For the love of god, please someone just recast the head.
>>
>>7699220
If they aren't going to reissue him, they could at least make another bearded helmet skeleton guy. Maybe with a white beard this time, and new short dwarf/goblin skeleton limbs.
>>
>>7699217
We all know you're a troll rancoranon. We also know you're a faggot that won't shut up because you're butthurt about every little thing.
>>
>>7698867
>to pretend 4H is perfectly happy making only Mythic Legions and have no other plans
For being so unhappy, they've sure made a shitload of awesome toys and are continuing to make even more. SO unhappy.
>>
>>7699542
>$1000 for kNIGht
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>7699542
These freaking absurd aftermarket prices actually got me to think i should get extras of the ML figures i buy to sell in my country, not to scalp anyone really, it's just that most people here don't know how to import stuff and i find it really unfair that they can't get a cool knight like the Templar Builder.
Would charge enough to pay for the figure + mail + a few extra bucks to convert in another figure for myself.
>>
>>7699157
I want an ogre just to out my Minotaur head and hooves onto. The hooves will most likely be too small but to have a bullman that's fuckhuge would be great.
>>
>>7699157
That is actually a great idea! It would be very fun have a deluxe weresomething (wolf, bull, cat etc), add a human head so we can take pics of it "transforming".
On a side note, i don't know what they are waiting for to release a headless horseman, the horse perhaps? Well, they have it now, and they can add an extra skull head or something so people don't find it to lack accessories.
>>
File: not today.jpg (95 KB, 777x250)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>7700098
>put a lot of time in trying to produce many lines
>bring them around to every trade show for years
>only one line is successful
>nothing else is
>partner leaves because only a single line gains traction
Boy, how old are you that your hard work only nets you a single note worthy line.

Since you're probably in high school, I'll give you a proper analogy.You study hard, putting in many hours every single day for your finals. On Tuesday you get an A+ on your English test and a C- on History. Tuesday night you study even more, and on Wednesday you get an F on both your Math and Biology tests. You spend the afternoon and night studying even more and on Thursday you earn a D in Latin and another F in Psychology.

How much happiness does that A+ in English bring you when everything else you worked hard on was for naught?
>>
>>7700374
>partner leaves because only a single line gains traction
You have this whole world of bullshit in your head that you keep sharing with us, and you need to stop.
>>
File: berger inc.png (1.15 MB, 1138x655)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>7700385
hi cornboy.

Tell us the story about how his shit wasn't getting made and likely never was, hence leaving.
>>
>>7700374
Damn, that's a stupid analogy.
>>
>>7700227
>Headless horseman.
>One "head" is a skeleton neck with no ball peg.
>Alternate head is an empty hood.
>Other alternate head is a jack-o'-lantern.
>Comes with all the axes in the line.
>>
>>7700584
>They could sell a pack of just Jack-o'-Lantern heads with different faces.

>Can either be used as just pumpkins, or alt heads.
>>
>>7698867
>You continue to ignore the fact that they have tried to make MULTIPLE lines, to be produced concurrently with Mythic Legions, without any success. So they obviously are ready to "crunch numbers" and already go to business meetings and other shit that requires non-creative work

You're an idiot, right there.

You state outright that they've done more traditional approaches to getting figures out to the market, and acknowledged they didn't do as well as ML.

And yet you're still going on about how ML is the 'wrong' way to do things.

Any real businessperson knows that you test alternatives, and if something works better than another, you invest more in it.

So if the 'interest free' way of ML worked better than their other attempts, and you're still insisting they follow muh traditional way coz that's how your obscure business runs,

Hey

You're a shitty businessman.
>>
>>7700607
>>7700584
>a fucking halloween set
Vampire, zombie, Mummy, Werewolf, headless horseman, a frankenstein's creature.

Jesus christ this would ruin my wallet.
>>
>>7700621
don't forget to PREORDER RIGHT NOW AT
>>
>>7700622
4H should get mattel to lend them the fish monster design from aquaman for more fish men.
>>
File: DCUC.jpg (1.48 MB, 2500x1200)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
>>7700617
>shitty businessman
>have greater sales than 4H
>year round production
>business is edging over what we can handle
>will need more employees in the near future.
yeah, no.

MAYBE their other lines weren't as successful as the Mythic Legions line, but you know how they say to strike when the iron is hot?
Missed opportunities everywhere.

Once you guys start getting tired of the DCUC level of reuse, you have a shrinking base made up of only He-Manfags, because they never bothered to diversify and are too scared to take a risk.

This is basic business knowledge and marketing, yet you and 4H utter fail at this shit.

... also, the DCUC comparison is scary because it actually lasted a really long time. Utterly nuts how a mediocre line that became outdated shit could get this much support. So the question is, how many of you are willing to support this type of mediocrity in 2019 and beyond? I've pretty much given up on the line, though there are a few that are hard to pass up.
>>
>>7700099
we get it kid, this is your first summer on 4chan
>>
Wait did you guys get baited into arguing about the business aspect AGAIN? This has happened in literally every other thread for 4 years. Have some self respect.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (61 KB, 586x524)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>7700634
>once the motuc fanbase gets tired of a toyline reusing parts over and over you'll see how right I am given my successful toyline

What's the name of your company? How many toylines have fan created threads about on here? Why are you so jealous 4H is the only action figure kickstarter to raise a million dollars?
>>
>>7700584
>>7700607
>>7700622
Someone should send them an e-mail about it, doesn't hurt to ask.
I'd preorder all of those in a heart beat.
>>7700623
It's frustrating actually, i decided to get some figures in the first month and some on the second for the blow to be lighter, but just as the credit card month turned it became necessary to buy a headphone amp... Having more than one hobby can be quite annoying, now i'm not sure which one to get.
>>
>>7692352
>So they turn inward to their circlejerk places and only get money from an insular group (hence interest free loans), who don't care that there's no growth and shuts out anyone but already ardent fans, because that's who blind buys products.
>Kickstarters are great for making something exist, but real growth comes from actually selling it to the general public. You can see who actually grows as a company by how much product they're able to produce afterward, because demand is so great.
>Whereas 4H can only make a product when they ask for interest free loans and fail at everything else but their little insular fanbase.
Subjectautist finally make a good point, unless it's a different anon from >>7693727 and onwards.
>>
So unless ml has mass appeal like fort nite toys, it’s an utter failure?
>>
>>7700813
Nah, Anon goes as far as assuming if people are happy or not with what they do. He'd find some other reason to call it a failure.
>>
>>7692352
Woooooooooooow you are delusional.
>>
>>7700623
Any links to the live stream where these were all shown off? I wanna see more angles of them and shit.
>>
>>7700813
Doesn't sound like you've been paying attention to the thread.

Some guy complained that 4H makes it really hard to buy their products, because you're only allowed to blind buy them nearly 2 years before they're released or buy a very limited number of extras to be sold through a shitty website that crashes with every sale, because they only produced the minimum number the chinese factory will make toys at. So a figure that gets 557 orders will get 600 made, because China likes round numbers, while another figure that gets 1996 orders will get 2000 figures made.
Everyone loves limited production numbers, especially 4H, because they don't actually have any money to invest in their product, hence always asking for interest free loans.

In pops in the autistic defenders, who say you're a poorfag for not giving 4H interest free loans and that 4H doesn't need to do anything, because they're getting their toys made and that's all that matters.
Ignoring the fact that this business structure is utter shit for the consumer and doesn't attract new fans, and that this model has failed to produce other toylines, because 4H only markets it to their insular fanbase who don't want anything else but HE-Man clones.

in short, no one is saying the line should be sold in walmarts. They just need to be produced year round, or at least the popular figures, just like other companies who came out from nothing and did a kickstarter. Everyone wins, except for fanboys who dislike change and the value of their barely produced toys.
>>
File: download_172.jpg (6 KB, 225x225)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>7700901
Can you repeat that in english?
>>
>>7700901
How is this business model bad? Are you a Europoor?
>>
>>7700901
List five other toy companies that raised a million dollars for an action figure kickstarter.
>>
>>7700901
>Doesn't sound like you've been paying attention to the thread.
Not that anon, but I assume most people didn't
>>
>>7700925
So how is 4H wrong for making so much money? Because Europoors can't afford the shipping license on top of their spoon license?
>>
>>7700933
Not subjectautist but you just prove his point about 4H never growing and just pandering to their small fanbase
>poorfags
Shipping from burgerland in most cases just not worth it you idiot. Why pay more for the shipping than toy itself?! This is why most people buy based Nippon adult collector toys than burger ones (and this sentence alone proves you I'm not subjectautist) which can be far more expensive.
>>
>>7700998
I don't see japan making any cool monster and orge figures. Oh right, rape gobbos and generic mordred armors? What else is there besides generic mmo animu designs? Super deformed designs? Face it, Nips don't care about amassing fantasy figures and would rather build plamo all day.
>>
>>7700998
Why can't you name five alternative 1/12 fantasy action figures? I've been asking for years yet no company around the world seems to care about doing such a profitable venture.
>>
>>7700998
Not a brain dead retard but how is pandering to a niche fanbase that is willing to dump thousands of dollars per customer a bad thing? Isn't that how most GSC products work given the declining quality and and rising costs in their figma line?
>>
>>7700623
I would but I spent all my toy money on the stock sale.

I'm not fretting too much about it though, of the most recent 3 waves I really only want the tongue goblin and the big thumper goblin.

Everything else isn't as interesting to me as the stuff I passed on from Advent of Decay.
>>
>>7700933
Based on their lack of investment and needing to always ask for interest free loans to get anything produced, it doesn't sound like they're making money.
Or they're just really fucking greedy, which is likely the case, considering how outdated the engineering is and the price of their figures/lack of wholesale.

And that's the problem, because there's no real outlet outside of their store to buy their figures. Everything else is secondary market like eBay, including BBTS.

I don't know why you even mention the europoors, because the real lack of availablity causes a problem in the US too. Again, only a fan will make a blind purchase nearly 2 years ahead of time. This kills a LOT of interest from many would be buyers, because who likes fucking waiting over a year to purchase overpriced toys featuring mediocre articulation?

Having it produced regularly and carried by other retailers would allow them to sell it at wholesale/sell a cheaper product without affecting quality. This also improves relations with their Chinese factory.

Of course, this is assuming there is a lot of demand for their product. Other Kickstarted lines obviously have a lot of demand, which is why companies like Marauder Gun Runners and Boss Fight continue production throughout the year.

>>>7700998 This is why most people buy based Nippon adult collector toys than burger ones
Not sure how this proves you're not me, considering i've known about this since the 90s. I've mentioned my theory about foreigners only hating American toys because they'er stuck paying 4H prices for $20 toys.
>>
>>7702196
You should be banned for spouting "interest free loans" over a hundred fucking times now. Fuck off already, you are complete garbage.
>>
File: 37vf48.jpg (72 KB, 600x471)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>
>>7701006
Not all of us are autists who are into on type of toy.

@7701010
>name five
It's the retarded troll again

>>7701013
>he actually thinks figma is niche as mythic legions
>the company that still get licenses to popular animes such as BNHA, Goblin Slayer, etc

>how is pandering to a niche fanbase that is willing to dump thousands of dollars per customer a bad thing?
That wasn't part my argument, the previous post I replied to, simply denied that.

>>7702196
>Not sure how this proves you're not me
Because I'm not stupid burger patriot who deny Japan superiority in adult collector toys.
>>
File: japan_tru3.jpg (262 KB, 1000x750)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>7703038
>>he actually thinks figma is niche as mythic legions
In the US it is.

Tens of thousands of units are made with collector lines, btw. Good Smile makes about 180 million dollars a year, so if you break that down to how many releases they have a year, a license like Goblin Slayer probably garners as much sales as 4H did for each kickstarter. So even worldwide the numbers are probably similar.

Granted, GSC gives wholesale prices to their distributors/retailers and Figmas cost almost two times as much as 4H figures. So it's a little difficult to actually compare actual unit sales.

>Because I'm not stupid burger patriot
nor am i, but you're ignoring the fact foreign collectors have a huge bias when it comes to $20 figures costing 2-3x more just to import them vs an $80 figure costing that plus shipping.
Of course, first world countries like Japan aren't paying rape importation fees, hence western toys being popular in Japan.
>>
File: Gobo - Skull.png (968 KB, 750x1000)
968 KB
968 KB PNG
What are some of the figures you all would like to see reissued?

Be it an oopsy, we didn't have hardly any of them, or none at all available at the stock sale; or a straight up All Stars line up 3.
>>
>>7704235
I'd like to snag 3-4 of the different gobbos in plate.
>>
>>7704235
Malleus, otho, tibius, some generic or named orcs, and some of the older 1.0 knights like owain. Honestly the orcs most of all, it's kinda weird that a fantasy like this doesn't have a shitload of orcs readily available all the time.
>>
>>7704235
As a skelly fag definitely Malleus, Tibius and Ilgarr
Also Scaphoid and Gorthokk would be on my personal list, but objectively there's probably figures that should be reproduced before them, mostly a few of the more generic knights and definitely the demon brothers.
Also Sir Gideon would be cool and I've heard a lot of people asking for an Otho reissue
>>
>>7704235
Owain and Vitus top my list of reissue wants at the moment, and I kind of need Templar Legion Builders now that I picked up Delphina. You can also never have too many Orcs or Goblins, so it'd be nice to see the Legion Builders for those guys return (as well as the Silver and Gold knights).
>>
>>7704235
Demons
>>
I love my new Pallette swap boys. I need more weapons.
>>
>>7704221
>foreign collectors have a huge bias when it comes to $20 figures costing 2-3x more just to import them vs an $80 figure costing that plus shipping
Depends really, in my country everything always cost somewhere between double/triple the price, however importing from the US makes it more likely that a package will get taxated when in costumes than stuff from Japan (China stuff almost never escapes).
If you do manage to avoid taxation though, importing from Japan (SHF, Mafex, Figma etc) end up costing about the same a much cheaper figures from the US would cost here, so the collector has the choice to spend the same amount he already does nationally for Japan imports or much less for US imports (an imported SHF Iron-Man will cost about the same as a Neca Predator bought locally for example).
I usually see the later, people buying whole Marvel Legends waves, with taxes and everything. Personaly i usually go with Japan Imports, even if less toys in total.
>>
>>7689679
>crappy raptor shit.
Dem be fighting words.
>>
>>7705070
Thank you for confirming your weeb biases and not naming five companies
>>
>>7705070
So you have shit taste and look down on other people buying toys they actually like, just because of where they come from.
>>
>>7705181
I'm not the same Anon, trying to prove something about... "Free loans"? (Whatever that means for him, it sounds rather stupid imho). I'm just adding to the discussion since someone mentioned buying imported stuff and pretty much every time i get /toy/ stuff it's by importing. There are different reasons why people may go for one line or another, taxation, delivery time, final price, final price compared to local price among others. Not to mention availability of favorite characters, accessories, amount of disposable income etc.
About Mythic Legions, what can i say? I'm satisfied with the figures and the 4H system, i mean, it's disposable income, i save it to spend it, paying now and not in a year means i'll get the toys anyway, i don't know, it works for me. I just wish they had some permanent pre-order shop so i could get something like an army builder a month, but that's fine.
Oh, and no, as far as i know there isn't anything similar to Mythic Legions going on, but i don't think that's a good thing, if anything it means we are just very lucky that 4H is good at what they do, it's so frustrating when the option is a bad toy or no toy at all.
>>7705207
>So you have shit taste
>and look down on other people buying toys they actually like
Do you even see the contradiction in you own criticism?
I collect what i like and i do so because i think it's fun, why would i judge anyone for doing the same? Anyone collecting toys to feel superior probably has problems way beyond what line is better.
>>
>>7705207
So when is Japan gonna make a dedicated line of 1/12 fantasy action figures with new lore and interesting characters?
>>
>>7705259
>I'm just adding to the discussion
don't, it's not a discussion, it's a big baiting circlejerk over a topic we discussed in detail years ago
>>
>>7705320
Sounds like its one anon getting jealous.
>>
>>7705259
>I just wish they had some permanent pre-order shop so i could get something like an army builder a month

I've been saying this since this line started, but it's apparently not falling on deaf ears. I guess there was some chat on facebook about the subject of future All-Star waves and one of the 4H mentioned Legion Builders wouldn't be included in them. When people got upset over that (as LBs are often the most popular figures) they responded with pic related. Considering they've finally contracted out another company to work the logistics side of the business, including working the store and handling stock, it's possible that there may be a constant stream of Legion Builders getting produced sooner then we think.

Whether that means a re-issue of older builders, or future Legion Builders being produced in larger quantities then they used to be is still unknown. Personally, I think there should always be a rotating stock of at least two different builders available, mixing up both new and old.
>>
>>7705070
so basically you're saying that only the US and Japan (mostly) have uncolored opinions about toys and their value.

>>7705259
An interest free loan basically means just that. Instead of going through the usual channels of a company using credit/loans to get something produced, they turn to fans to give them the money to get it made.
Pretty fucking greedy, especially when you consider the fact they're cutting out the middle man by selling it through their own store and their figures still costing as much as they do with antiquated articulation.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (716 KB, 1500x1391)
716 KB
716 KB JPG
Hadriana alternate head
>>
>>7706039
>An interest free loan basically means just that. Instead of going through the usual channels of a company using credit/loans to get something produced, they turn to fans to give them the money to get it made.

Yea, I agree! Instead of getting money directly from the fans to produce items that their fans want, they should get loans from banks and then owe the banks money for doing nothing but letting them borrow money other people put into the bank! I mean, needlessly giving money away to a bank is a great idea, and not having extra unnecessary costs from external investors who don't care about the product at all and only want profit for themselves is totally uncool man. It's a good thing these 4H clowns will never succeed with this silly little toyline of over a hundred figures in various sizes, styles and body types, or else other companies might start not getting loans from external third party sources with no actual interest in the quality of the final product. We wouldn't want Marauders or BFS or Creative Beast Studio to run multiple Kickstarters to get their products made when they could instead give money away on interest for no actual work done by the people they borrowed money from!
>>
File: Knights v2.jpg (748 KB, 1200x900)
748 KB
748 KB JPG
>>7706109
Of all the figures that needed an alternate head, she really wasn't one of them considering the new head is her strongest selling point. Hopefully froghat gets a secondary helmet as well, because as much as I love the look of the figure itself, I can't take him seriously with the oversized trashcan of a helmet he has. I know it's a historically accurate helmet used in jousting, but it's scaled a bit too big for the body and really needs to be shrunk down.

Also, he shoulda been a Legion Builder. But now I'm just pissing into the wind.

pic unrelated
>>
>>7706109
This is the kinda thing that gets me, they want people to put money down a year in advance, and people still had to pester them to find out who comes with alt heads or wings. I wanna say they need to hire an actual photographer to do proper product shots, but like, that wouldn't even solve stuff like this.
>>
>>7706039
>interest free loan
Oh it's bank-teller anon again.
>>
>>7706129
Oh shut the fuck up already. It's all part of the reveal.
>>
>>7706129
Most of the extras they throw in come as they figure out just how much money they have to spend on the figures. The more orders placed, the higher the budget, the higher the budget the more accessories some figures come with.

It's essentially stretch goals for the pre-orders.
>>
>>7706133
They've been taking money on these things for weeks now and can barely tell people what they're getting. This is amature hour stuff.

>>7706155
I don't believe for a second that they decided to toss in an extra head just now because she was selling well. How does that explain demon bros missing wings they had to clarify? They're just not good at this stuff, and it's really weird after years of it.
>>
>>7706129
agreed, but they also said they don't exactly know yet which figure comes with what accessories, because they haven't gotten the exact prices from the factory. Which honstly is something I would expect them to have done beforehand, same goes for taking pictures before the reveal so you can post them immediately. To be fair, with this latest reveal being a livestream with multiple guests who had to travel there I can understand why some things weren't completely done yet. Also this>>7706155 but it's still frustrating.
All of this wouldn't be a thing if they didn't do the early bird accessories, then everyone would have time to wait for potential added information.
>>
Maybe bank-teller anon should drop them an email, tell them how to really run a business!
I bet that would fix everything!
>>
>>7706170
But they've repeatedly added things to figures mid-pre-order in the past. Either as extra bonuses because of good sales or by fan request.

Though I do agree that they do drop the ball when it comes to properly showing off their figures in their best light and explaining all the extras they come with. A big hiccup I remember is when they first showed off Lord Veritas. Originally, they showed him off wearing the over-used Great Helm look and he just seemed dull. Boring colors, boring weapons and a very boring head. It wasn't until pics of him were found with a repainted Gideon head that he actually seemed worth it. The different head gave him a lot more character, even though he was a fairly boring figure.

These guys are great at making the figures, but they're not very good at actually selling them. Hopefully their new logistics company takes over promo shots and item descriptions for their store.
>>
>>7706039
>so basically you're saying that only the US and Japan (mostly) have uncolored opinions about toys and their value.
Where did you got that from? I was talking about my experience with imports.
>>7705490
If that does happen i'll be so freaking happy!
>>
>>7706127
While she looks fun, I passed on the deluxe lady knight builder because I wanted to get more figures in general.

Thing is she's only around a $7 mark up on BBTS. I wonder if I should get her once my money replenishes?
>>
>>7706119
and we're back to why 4H's barely producing anything, just enough to cover only hardcore fan wants, because they're unwilling to take on any risk to take up a loan to produce more than the bare minimum.

People who aren't hardcore fans aren't willing to blind buy a product almost two years ahead of time, hence people bitching about 4H's business practice.

But you got yours, huh? fuck everyone else, which shows how shitty and insular the fanbase is.
Good for you, but not good for an actual business, especially a business like 4H, that has failed multiple times to branch out, which you need to continue to ignore and deflect.
>>
>>7706416
>4H's barely producing anything, just enough to cover only hardcore fan wants

hey thats me! fuck anyone who misses out, i dont give a shit im happy exactly where Mythic Legions are at.
>>
>>7706522
Just read the rest of your post LOL

>>7706416
>But you got yours, huh? fuck everyone else, which shows how shitty and insular the fanbase is.
>Good for you, but not good for an actual business, especially a business like 4H, that has failed multiple times to branch out, which you need to continue to ignore and deflect.

Wew see you get it, it's not hard to understand. go away now.
>>
>>7706406
>Thing is she's only around a $7 mark up on BBTS
This is another issue I take up with 4H. BBTS clearly paid for thousand of dollars worth of all in stock, but they do not count towards backer deals and rewards
>>
>>7706416
>barely producing anything
You're absolutely mental. You twist reality around so much it's a goddamn pretzel.
>>
>>7706416
>barely producing anything
>infinite toys ten times a year
>>
>>7706640
>but they do not count towards backer deals and rewards
how do you know? And what would you have wanted to see as additional rewards from the Kickstarter? They literally ran out of planned rewards and just threw a ton of random accessories in with the figures.
>>
>>7706416
>fuck everyone else
Not everyone else, just you. Fuck you. I honestly hope everyone gets a chance or having cool fantasy figures like this, but i also hope you don't, because you are an annoying shitposter.
>>
>>7706129
I agree with this. Thankfully I still don't care much for this figure, but had this head been a deal breaker for me, I'd have to put in a separate order now. Just show up everything that each figure comes with by the time that preorders go live.
>>
I wonder if any of the demons beside the Goblin will have alternate heads.
>>
>>7707124
I doubt the little blue guy will have one because he already comes with wings, but Belpegorr I could see. Maybe just the demon head from 1.0 or an orc head
>>
Are you going to get this Demon to go with your new mythic legion demon horde?
>>
>>7707298
Man, that movie fucking sucked
>>
>>7707319
be that as it may, you don't want a flaming excalibur weilded by a demon showing his face and not wearing plugs?
>>
File: Magnus head.png (2.03 MB, 1004x1148)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB PNG
>>
>>7707288
yeah, both would work fine, i guess a helmet to match the neck armor could work too.
>>
>>7706702
>>7706645
Yes, barely produce anything, because again, they're only producing it for your little circlejerk and that is almost literally it.
Remainders sold at their store are only from whatever the mininum number that the Chinese factory sets. So if 405 people order a figure, the minimum number that China can produce for that figure maybe 500.

So there's little to nothing left over for anyone who isn't a hardcore fan, as opposed to other toy companies.

You guys want to say how impressive it is for Mythic Legions to have 1800 supporters for their Kickstarter, but that's practically nothing. My own company gets as many orders as that in less than a month. Compared to another small toy company like MGR, they got in over 10,000 orders between my last purchase from them in November and my latest purchase just last week.

So compared to companies who actually make shit year round, that is barely anything. To you it sounds like a lot, but even to 4H, it's not. Hence them trying to grow their own brands. 4H can produce more, but because of their shitty business practices, they can't. Their fanbase isnt that big nor diverse enough.
>>
>>7708155
bank-teller anon!
>>
File: 1504640685556.jpg (65 KB, 800x748)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>7699542

Damn. I might sell mine.
>>
>>7708155
>Yes, barely produce anything,
They've produced, at *minimum* over 70,000 AoD figures alone.

>anyone who isn't a hardcore fan
You don't have to be a hardcore fan to pre-order figures.

>Compared to another small toy company like MGR
Compare the 4H to MGR, a company who has run EIGHT different Kickstarters in the past SEVEN years and has actually been getting less and less backers each time? A company that makes figures and accessories for a scale even more niche and insulated then the 1:12 fantasy figures the 4H make? Sure, I'll compare them.

They're both great companies with fantastic products who are in over their heads.

>Their fanbase isnt that big nor diverse enough
.....so you want them to make more figures, but claim they don't have enough fans to warrant them making more figures and that means their idea of making enough figures for people who want them is...bad?

You are a terrible businessman.
>>
>>7707410
Now this makes me wanna get him. I don't care for their human head sculpts, but I like my army of paladins. Gonna wait until they get done revealing headswaps though.

For future reference, in case any 4H employees are lurking, it's a good idea to have all of this shown off before putting things up for preorder.
>>
>>7699542
4H fanboys will defend this. The lacking distribution also encourage their customers to scalp each others. The money could be theirs if they just make more figures to stock, but nope. That's too much risk, so we'll just let our fans jew each other for nickel and dimes.
>>
>>7708595
>companies are responsible for the actions of their customers
I agree that they need to up their game in rerunning older figures, but this is possibly one of the dumbest posts ITT. And that's a high bar.
>>
>>7708595
You sound so jealous you didn't think of this first
>>
File: Power-Lords-002.jpg (215 KB, 1362x2048)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>7708195
>at *minimum* over 70,000 AoD figures alone.
That's exactly my point. They're basically only covering the thousand or so hardcore fans over 2 year period. Barely anything.
That number is around above average for what a SINGLE figure/wave would sell if it was a Figma or NECA figure.

>You don't have to be a hardcore fan to pre-order figures.
You have to be hardcore to blind buy a product and wait 2 years for that product to finally be shipped. Sure, there's new people who'll buy in, but they'll vastly be outnumbered by the faithful. From ravens to mythic legions to mythic legions 2, the supporters varied by about 300 people.

>Compare the 4H to MGR
MGR sells their figures year round. No shit no one has to buy everything all at once and wait over a year to finally get a product. Hence over ten thousand orders in less than a year from their webstore.
Also, the scale is not as niche as you believe, considering there's dozens of companies releasing generic army men in this scale. Sold worldwide and by many toy makers from many countries.
Outside of generic army men? Maybe close to a dozen of companies making shit in 1:18 with fantasy, sci fi, and other genre figures... and 4H wanted in on this EASY money. Utterly failed, because they can't market for shit.

>claim they don't have enough fans to warrant them making more figures and that means their idea of making enough figures for people who want them is...bad?
Not paying attention are you? They're awful at handling their business. Again, their limited ways of producing toys creates the insular fanbase. Their inability to market their toys outside of this insular fanbase means they'll struggle at growing.
>>
>>7708646
If they're so Awful at handling business why are they the only action figure company to raise a million dollars on kickstarter?
>>
>>7708646
Fuck off already, nobody cares about you. It doesn't matter if other people can get the figures or not, advertise for them if you're so fucking worried about people missing out.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (171 KB, 700x782)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>
>>7708883
Wish I could tell how dark this is compared to the black knight legion builder
>>
Lads, how are the elves in this line? Specifically the rangers, Malachi Cinderhorn, and Lord Adyon? I love elves and am thinking about jumping on some of these releases before they're gone forever.
>>
>>7708646
>Maybe close to a dozen of companies making shit in 1:18 with fantasy, sci fi, and other genre figures... and 4H wanted in on this EASY money. Utterly failed, because they can't market for shit.
Just a small correction, they cannot make the 1:18 scale works because money. Due to how limited their runs are, the production cost is comparable to 1:12 or whatever ML supposed to be, because they're too big for 1:12. With 1:12 they can charge more per figure for their sheep fans to justify.
>>
>>7708600
>>companies are responsible for the actions of their customers
They set certain incentive structure. He-man collectors are pretty toxic because the nature of limited runs. The limited runs make it easy for people to scalp each others given the opportunity. The 4H is continuing the same incentive structure with the same toxic fanbase. There were posts in the 4H forums during the KS complaining that the KS is too popular, and too many people bought the product so his collection doesn't feel special (translation: I cannot scalpt these shits for latecomer tax).
>>
>>7709284
So do you blame gun violence on shooters or gun manufacturers? Companies don't control what customers do with their products. Coca-cola isn't to blame for people with type 2 diabetes. This is what a free market looks like. If some dumbass is willing to pay insane markup for a toy just because a company isn't making it anymore, that is their own business, and I'm not sure what difference it makes to you. I'm kidding, of course. I know exactly why it matters to you. It's simply because it's another fault you can try and levy against 4H because you have a hate boner from the company that causes you to spend an awful lot of time in threads dedicated to products that you only want to bitch about. Seriously dude, you've been doing this for years. I don't know if you are a troll and just enjoying all the shitposting (and if so, good job, you never fail to gets responses from idiots like me) or if you are actually seriously THIS mad at a toy company. If you are, I honestly just feel sorry for what your day to day life is like, if something this benign is THIS important to you.
>>
File: deaths-vs-guns.png (168 KB, 1785x1483)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
>>7709421
>So do you blame gun violence on shooters or gun manufacturers?
Both because gun manufactures own the NRA and lobbied congress. Only a dumfuck would deny statistics that more guns per capita = more gun violence.
>>
>>7709531
Maybe you missed this part:
>Companies don't control what customers do with their products.
You can argue for control and regulation, but at the end of the day, the manufacturer only exists because there is a market. That's like saying a company that makes cutlery is responsible for a stabbing death.
>>
>>7709284
>complaining that the KS is too popular, and too many people bought the product so his collection doesn't feel special
People like that should put their money towards therapy, not toys.
>>
>>7709421
>So do you blame gun violence on shooters or gun manufacturers?
In that particular case it's both, they have enough money and power to sway any gun control politics out of their way.
People start using Neca Predator to stab eachother on the street and than it will be a fair comparison (not related, but it will also be much more entertaining).
>>
>>7709798
Ameritard.
>>
https://youtu.be/0B0tAhf2j_Y

He looks good, but I wonder if I'd rather get the deluxe knight builder 2 instead.
>>
>>7709284
>. He-man collectors are pretty toxic

Are you a woman? Or just a very prissy dude?
>>
>>7709284
There's so much delusion packed into this post.
>>
>>7710033
Depends how new you are to the line. the 1.0 Barbarian builder to me, has a lot of parts i already have wayyy to much of. I don't see any value, or uniqueness is having him.
On the other hand, if i were new to the line, or had a few figures, the deluxe builders really pad out your collection of accessories, to mix and match with other figures.

But at the end of the day, its pretty much up to you if you like it.
>>
>>
>>
File: gcon.jpg (140 KB, 700x794)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>
New

>>7710211
>>
>>7709016
They were full of shit when they claimed the figures would cost almost as much money as the 1:12 figures.

Again, go look at everything else in 1:18 scale. Fucking Hiya Toys makes these for only $20. More articulation. Paint is equal, if not better. LICENSED.
See also Ori Toy's Acid Rain line.

As seen with 4H not giving BBTs wholesale prices, 4H is just greedy as fuck. They take after Mattel and the He-Man line, right down to the over-over-over-use of molds and outdated articulation.
>>
>>7708955
It's just normal grey. Look at the lady knight legion builder
>>
File: TV and Guns.jpg (347 KB, 1920x1080)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
>>7709531
but that's wrong.

most gun deaths in the US are suicide.
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/08/16/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/

60%.

Then you take into account that most gun violence is gang related, which just points toward the fact that the US has a gang problem.

It's very much a social issue, which can be fixed with better social programs. See how much of a difference such programs helped in the 90s in lowering the violence levels in the US, especially since the 80s and early 90s had HUUUUUGE gang problems.

Also, the media perpetuates mass shootings. Points again toward it being a social issue.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.