[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 88 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: office.jpg (742 KB, 1479x1020)
742 KB
742 KB JPG
Previous: >>7561439
FAQs:
/toy/ - bjd.buyfags.moe (link is dead, /toy has currently no FAQ)
/jp/ - dollfaq.buyfags.moe

Doll news and company list:
>http://bjdcollectasy.com/
>http://bjdcollectasy.com/companies-other-links/

WIP Database/Height comparison:
>http://comparisonheaven.com/heaven/

Doll magazine scans (Died with Google Plus):
>plus.google.com/112174196208952755265/photos

Common sealants for faceups (there are more, but these are most frequently used):
>Mr. Super Clear Flat/Matte (UV-cut is preferred)
>Testor’s Dullcote (tends to get dirty easily)
>Citadel Purity Seal
>Zoukeimura Finishing Powder (it’s a spray by Volks)
>Liquitex Matte Medium (airbrush)

The general population of /bjd/ are anti-recast or are pretty much neutral on the subject.
Stop beating the dead horse every thread by asking.

Our threads are mostly dedicated to ball-jointed dolls and other dolls in the Asian market.

Thunderbolt Fantasy is puppets. Not BJDs.
>>
File: office3.jpg (812 KB, 1616x1077)
812 KB
812 KB JPG
No recap.
Last thread was plenty slow to wrap up any discussions.
>>
>>7640029
Is she OL-chan's girlfriend? She seems alpha enough to take multiple lovers.
>>
I'm new to this, how do people keep wigs on? I've tried velcro tape (both sides) and a kind of double-sided tape that purports to come off easily (the tape is some kind of fabric instead of the usual stuff) but they don't seem to be very effective.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (20 KB, 606x647)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>7640695
I use a silicone wig cap. You can find them at multiple shops for cheap.
>>
>>7640729
Didn't know those were a thing, thanks. Looks like they're cheap on Amazon, I'll try one out.
>>
>>7640695
That's super weird. Both of those should have been enough. Silicone wig caps are also good, but can you tell us the doll and the wig size you're using? Maybe someone with the doll can chime in. Like the doll I have has the official wig size listed as an entire size lower than what actually fits.
>>
Are there any good doll photography guides? Who are your favorite photographers to follow?
>>
File: DSC07216.jpg (496 KB, 1081x1081)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
I'm replacing the frame.
But somehow like Sub-Zero's FATALITY.
>>
>>7642545
every time I see you pics I get so jealous of you collection and your setup, your room looks great
>>
File: DSC06045.jpg (558 KB, 1620x1081)
558 KB
558 KB JPG
>>7643261
Thank you for looking at my photo.
About 10 Hatsune Miku figures are released each year, and each one has a very good expression.
Thanks to that, I have run out of space soon.
>>
If there's anyone here, can someone point me to a store that have a jugé variety of clothes that fit Dollfie Dream of all kinds?

Because I want to have a set that look somewhat like pic related and i'm barely able to find anything. I searched Etsy, Ebay, Mandarake, and Volks so far with poor results.
>>
>>7646369
>store that have a jugé variety of clothes
Meant "that have a HUGE variety"

Fucking French auto-correct.
>>
Any popular doll communities other than bjd addicts and Instagram?
>>
File: ren.jpg (26 KB, 512x384)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
my rumpeldoll abby has been missing in action at customs ISC New York since the 10th with no update or movement on the tracking. this has never happened with a doll before for me, i'm going nuts
>>
>>7648431
>ISC New York
I've had stuff "stuck" there for weeks.
>>
>>7648906
fuuuck. thats what im afraid of. other people waiting on abby in my area have had an update to new jersey, but no movement at all on mine
>>
Does anyone have experience with custom obitsuroids? Looking for resources and buying locations of more DIY stuff.
>>
>>7653278
>obitsuroids?
Meaning a small Obitsu body with a Nendo head? That's actually a neat idea!
>>
File: DSCF8130.jpg (897 KB, 1077x1616)
897 KB
897 KB JPG
>>7640192
No multiple lovers for OL-chan
>>
>>7654352
They seem to be pretty popular but I'm having trouble finding DIY stuff since everyone just takes existing character nendo heads and puts them on the bodies.

https://twitter.com/reloaded_re/status/865014375341375488
>>
>>7653278
What do you mean by DIY? If you mean painting the heads, look up any doll repaint tutorial. Nendos are made of the same vinyl material most of your popular to repaint dolls are. If you mean DIY your own Obitsuroid, it's literally just:
1. Buy Nendo
2. Buy Obitsu 11cm body
3. Remove Nendo head
4. Place Nendo head on Obitsu body
5. The end.
>>
File: Capture.png (1.21 MB, 774x819)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>7656347
Sorry should've been more clear. I was wondering if there were online shops I could find DIY supplies like assorted nendo hairs because I want to create an original design, not a preexisting character.

I'll probably buy a nendo with a face I like (or hair) and then just DIY the other part that doesn't match but so far all I've found is face stickers and I'd love to have hair swaps.
>>
>>7657073
There’s that nendoroid face maker thing. You make an account, make a face in a little mini game and then for a price you can buy that face. I forgot the link and the exact prices but there’s a tutorial on how to use the service floating around somewhere. Look in the Nendoroid thread for discussion about it.
>>
>>7657365
Thanks so much, that sounds fantastic!
>>
>>7656347
Nendoroids don’t actually have vinyl heads like most fashion dolls do.
>>
File: Doc Strange.jpg (536 KB, 900x1350)
536 KB
536 KB JPG
>>7640029
I just found out about this. Does anybody know how to get a hold of one of these?
>>
>>7657619

did you try going to the website that's on the pic? https://dollios.com/category/doctor-strange/95/ either way it's probably going to be very expensive
>>
>>7657619
I dunno if you can still get him, but he was about $2500. Someone I follow on Instagram got him and then sold his various pieces after like a month - it made me a little bit sad.
>>
How did you anons gets into bjd? Don't own any but they have a unique look to them
>>
>>7659337
Saw some cute dolls on hobbysearch while trying to place an order for a dx chogokin during bandai preorder night. Never thought I was a doll guy but I let myself get one anyway and it quickly spiraled out of control.
>>
>>7659495
>Chogokin
>Bjd
What a patrician.
How is BJD compare to regular doll/action figure? How does resin feel like?
>>
The guide is a little lacking in the specifics on what to use for wig styling. What's everyone's preference? I'm especially looking to try to keep short hair in line if anyone is especially familiar with that.
>>
>>7659337
As a doll midriff enthusiast I enjoy large dolls.
>>
>>7662514
What kind of wig? Fibers? Heat resistant? Dyed?
>>
>>7659337
Was looking at a website fir an artist I like and she was selling handmade clothes for them. Been like twelve years now.
>>
>>7655773
People are happy to repaint faces, but nendo heads are usually molded for the hair to hold the face in place. Most people aren't going to take the time and mold hair. So I'm gonna say that's why its not as common as MH repainting tutorials.
>>
>>7663087
Maybe Lol Surprise tutorials? You’ll have to wade through the kid shit but there are ones who sculpt hair
>>
File: D_top_dollfie_icon.jpg (196 KB, 980x420)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>7640029
Thoughts?
>>
>>7663277
They look great. I've been waiting to buy these for what feels like an eternity. I'm entering the lottery to purchase at DolPa. Wish me luck!
>>
>>7659337
I was looking at anime stuff on eBay because I was like twelve maybe and saw pic related listed as something like “anime doll elf China” and decided to look more into them. Afra was my dream doll for years but now that I’m older I’m not in love with him anymore. Been hooked ever since though!
>>
>>7659337
Spent my early years writing this long ass story. I've given up on drawing it out and having people care about it but I still love my MC so I've been on the hunt for the perfect base to bring him to life.
Was thinking about getting a Dollshe Grant Philippe before he sells out, but I'm not sure he's worthy.
I've got a few smaller dolls for face up practice, but nothing I'm truly in love with yet.
>>
>>7663011
It says it's a heat resistant synthetic fiber, but I'm not sure(nor does it specify) how heat resistant so I'm not too keen to go that route. It's not dyed.
>>
>>7663277
I hate the non matching joints. And there's mixed talk about whether the joints will remain non-matching. Some have said Volks told them they are prototypes while others have said they are final product. Which really bums me out because otherwise I love everything about the green girl.

I'm hoping they continue with this line and eventually fix the damn joints so they
>>
>>7663277
It’s an interesting idea but I don’t want one, especially without matching joints. Says they don’t even use the newest DD frame either which is a little strange to me given the price.
>>
Are there any bjds that have a more realistic, classic look instead of cartoonish and anime like fairyland ?
>>
>>7663929
Iplehouse probably closest to realistic.
>>
>>7659337
I think it was back in 2005 when I was looking up JJBA statues and somehow a doll popped up in the related images.
Delved deeper because I loved the customization possibilities and it's another way for me to represent my dumb characters.

>>7663929
Iplehouse is a bit more on the realism side
>>
Why the fuck does nearly everyone in this hobby like ugly dolls?!

Maybe I’m the one with bad taste but 90% of dolls I see on the usual haunts are straight up uggos. I bought a gorgeous doll of some dude who hated her but looking at his collection feels like a trip to the holocaust museum. And don’t get me started on the yaoi pedo bullshit.

The dolls in this thread so far are at least passable (most are pretty even), but that only reminds me of this bullshit I see everywhere else.
>>
>>7664036
I feel the same way. I guess people want something "striking" just for the uniqueness, like fashion editorials that hire sick-looking mutant pugs as models. But I am way past sick of that shit, and don't want to own it in 3d.
>>
So for an MDD or a 1/3 bjd what size baby diaper would fit them the best?
>>
>>7663277
Desperately hoping the joints will match the skin colors in the final versions - I want a big ol' purple bitch.
>>
>>7663277
generic, basic. not interesting
>>
File: 4.56.13.png (510 KB, 441x591)
510 KB
510 KB PNG
>>7657073
Hey anon if you are still around. Some useful stuff I've picked up with DIYing my own nendos, search up ねんどろいど パーツ on second hand sites ( mercari, otamart etc ) as a lot of parts go up for cheaps. There is also a few nendo trading and buying clubs on FB and a lot of people sell parts there if FB is your thing. For sculpting, use two part apoxie sculpt, air dries rock hard and won't crumble over time or in weather. Also, invest in an airbrush to get nice matte finishes on your paint jobs!

Pic related is a hair sculpt I did for my custom nendo. Good luck and hope you have fun creating!
>>
>>7663934
They still have a cartoonish look to them, especially the body. I mean more like a timeless porcelain doll type feel
>>
>>7664036
What type of dolls do you like anon? (genuine and open minded question)
>>
>>7659519
Resin feels very different from normal plastic, it’s not shiny and is smooth and heavy
A bjd is a very different experience to an action figure, the dolls are totally customisable so having an aesthetic in mind first is best
You can buy full sets that come with outfit, makeup, accessories but they are very expensive and run for a limited time
>>
Are there any bjds put there that can fit poppy parker/fashion royalty clothes? Even if it’s some indie Russian doll or obitsu body, I just hate the “kawaii” style of bjd clothing, I want Prada goddamnit
>>
>>7664937
Are you referring to these types of dolls?
I wouldn't consider them to look realistic by any measure.
>>
>>7664647
Random but are you the same anon from the itabag thread on cgl?

I'm actually very interested in your builds because of that.
>>
>>7664647
I'm still around! I was going to get the Emily or Ryo GSC Nendoroid Doll to start with (since I'd just have to swap face plates) before I got an Obitsu 11 to mod.
I'm really debating between making Ranmaru from UtaPri since he only has a Petit Nendo or waiting until HypMic releases theirs and buying my fave from that and just using the Obitsu 11 body for that.
>>
>>7665122
Welcome to my life. I ended up going back to high end fashion dolls in the end. Still love my BJDs but no way I'm buying more than the two I have. Slim 1/6 dolls will fit. Off the top of my head I can think of Momonita from Atelier Momoni and Unoa's ever impossible to find Fluorite dolls.
>>
File: P1010831.jpg (735 KB, 1000x751)
735 KB
735 KB JPG
>>7666289
Nendo dolls are great, that's the body I'm using for my ones! I was actually put off by how lanky the OB11 are and like the more chibi proportions of the dolls as well as the cuter hand sculpts. They also come in the cinnamon shade for my other boy.

I am slightly biased, but I really like creating my own dolls as I enjoy small crafts a lot, so I would say got for Ranmaru. Bakugo's hair pieces would make a great base to work with.

>>7665408
Oh haha that is me yes! What were you interested in knowing, very happy to share my trials and errors.
>>
>>7667943
I actually spent ages on Taobao looking at bulk hair pieces trying to find something before I saw this and figured Bakugo or Midoriya's hair would work great. I wanted to get secondhand/bulk hair pieces first practice on since I'd have to paint them.

My friend has been into BJDs for a while so she's helping where she can but I'm still blown away how much some of these tiny clothes cost. My shoes and Obitsu 11 shoes are the same price. It's nuts! But since I'm not collecting Ranmaru merch outside Shining Live I think it's an even trade price-wise.
>>
>>7667485
Which fashion dolls do you have anon?
Merry Doll round does a 22cm doll who can wear Blythe and pure neemo clothes, would that be too small?
>>
>>7667943
>>7668193
Where is a good place to get nendo clothing?
>>
>>7668230
I mostly collect high end fashion dolls that know how to sculpt a decent midriff now.
>>
File: ren-ren-and-stimpy.jpg (41 KB, 500x375)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>7648431
Did the mean mail man hit a nerve rumpeautist? I will repeat this again, you're a rumpeldoll abby blogger who can't take a hint.
>>
>>7668246
Are the Superdoll Sybarites still being made these days?
Bimong made a 16” doll called Shahti a few years ago but hardly see any around even though she was rereleased a few years ago
Bimong’s made a lot of nice dolls
>>
File: pathetic.png (359 KB, 800x450)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
>>7668249
>when you seen dumb anon badly copypasting post you made a long time ago and it's out of context
>>https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/thread/7541358/#q7554952
>>
Guys please there’s a nendo thread please use it
>>
>>7668960
Nendo? You mean like the video game my grandson Jimmy plays?
>>
>>7668193
I have already accepted my dolls clothes cost more than my own dang wardrobe at this point.

>>7668244
Etsy, any second hand japanese website, and also aliexpress/taobao!

>>7668960
apologies anon, I had assumed obitsuroids/nendolls had a place here. If any of the anons replying to me had other questions I'll be lurking the nendo thread to continue there if it's upsetting people here.
>>
>>7665122
I'm considering buying my first slim 1/6 doll because of this. But I feel some type of way paying so much for a much smaller doll. Some to add:

>https://www.instagram.com/dolls_land_oz/?igshid=13efsx9h3zqaw
>https://www.meliandolls.com/
>https://www.instagram.com/oxanageets/
>Rumpeldoll Abby

There are a lot of Etsy sellers for this size:
>VulpesAnchDolls https://etsy.me/2ZctFtm
>BJDSvetaDolls https://etsy.me/2Y5K721
>SisterFoxPrincesses https://etsy.me/2YqqZqy
>Anikori https://etsy.me/2Zi6MEG
>YukaTanDolls https://etsy.me/32UR2JY

All I want are modern western style clothes. I mentioned in a previous thread that I'm learning to make shoes because I can't find what I want. At least you can easily commission clothes and wigs.
>>
File: Fairylan vinyl.jpg (191 KB, 1200x1200)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
Fairyland are going to make vinyl line!
>>
>>7670856
Ohhhhh these are cute!! So refreshing after all their same-face-syndrome minifees.
>>
>>7670856
Seem to all be 1/4 instead of 1/3? the nekopara girls are 43 cm too. Not really opposed to the smaller size but it means nothing I have will fit them either.
>>
>>7664036
I like the more Western-styled dolls myself, but what really frosts my potato is all the faces that look like they're about to cry. Why would you want a doll stuck in sad nibba hours all the time?
>>
>>7670856
>>7670984
>>7672866
If anyone interested in those, I posted more new pics from Wonfes on 2X4chan.
>>
>>7673227
No one wants to come to your cripple chan threads.
>>
>>7674138
Hotwheels is left a long time ago and we don't have Pullip autist or any other kind of derailing faggot.
>>
>>7674144
You've mentioned it five times over the past few days in both doll threads on here. I'm sure everyone that was interested in migrating with you already has.
>>
>>7674148
I've mentioned it here only once.
>>
>>7674171
The fashion doll thread already told you to fuck off.
>>
>>7674177
Sheesh relax, I mentioned it here only once and in regard to the fashion doll thread I mentioned it again when anons complained about the state of the thread.
>>
So, the big Dollyteria sale has ended. Did you find some sweet deals?
>>
Does anyone have any recommendations for places I can get clothes like pic related for slim MSD
High quality Edwardian style clothes
>>
>>7668193
Why would they go that far with details then give All Might incorrect eyes???
>>
>>7678206
My one suggestion is to go to sites like DOLK or others that sell various dolls and look through their clothing.
I have a slim and a regular MSD and I have problems finding clothes for my slim MSD aside from modern day clothes.
>>
>>7670856

Yay! Now all the people making clothing for obits and dollfie dream will dump those and sew only for fairyland vinyl so those of us without a minifee will have even LESS clothing options on the market! Thanks fairyland!
>>
>>7678374
What the fuck are you on about? You say that like there's a huge overlap between those two communities of clothing makers. You'll be fine, calm the fuck down.
>>
>>7678469

Yeah there's not a huge overlap because less and less people are making bad clothes period. There are a lot of seamstress on etsy who sew for both resin and vinyl. I've seen quite a few of them over the years slowly sew less and less clothing for anything but minifee.
>>
>>7678474
Here's my input as someone who used to run an Etsy store. In a perfect world, I would make beautiful historical gowns for all sorts of dolls and they would sell the same day I buy them. Reality? Forget historical clothes. Unpopular dolls period are just very difficult to get the clothing to move for, especially when it's less expensive dolls. Historical/fantasy clothing is also hard to move just because those three digit numbers are no longer in impulse buy territory. A cute mini dress for Minifees priced under $30? That's selling out the same day I list it. You only have so much time you can realistically spend making doll clothes all day. Of course you want to focus on the stuff that sells the easiest. I always liked taking commissions though. Especially if the seamstress you like actually owns the doll you want clothes for, you should reach out.
>>
>>7678548

Of course I know seamstresses only want to make what sells which is why I directed my sarcastic comment at fairyland for being too damn popular and making it impossible to find pre made clothing for any other dolls.

Really I guess I should blame the community for being such sheeple and limiting their aesthetic to minifee in an off the shoulder sweater.

And yeah I know I could commission clothing but asking for even something a seamstress already makes in any other size then what's available pre made in their shop always ends in them doubling the price for even simple shit so I think I'll just stick to praying that iplehouse doesn't stop making clothes in SiD size.
>>
File: 1558373585648.gif (2.87 MB, 480x270)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB GIF
>>7663277
MY GOD, BEAUTIFUL!

I was looking for an anime head for a long time now. I was thinking about going with LUTS, I really like the Anne head, but this one is the most beautiful head with the 2B's one.
>>
File: skin_serra_thumb_l.jpg (557 KB, 800x1000)
557 KB
557 KB JPG
>>7663277
>>7679357
>* "Pearly Glow" skin colors are specially treated to reflect light in a variety of shades.
YES

>* For the "Pearly Glow" skin colors, there are some birthmarks
on the body. This is natural and not a production defect.

What do they mean by this? I want their skin perfect.
>>
>>7670856
They look so soft!
>>
>>7679381
>>7679403
>>7663277

Will we be able to chose the head + colors?

Apparently each head only has one color...

They joints is a huge negative. But I want the white one.

But I wanted white skin with the blue head...
>>
>>7679418
>>7679381
>>7679357
>>7663277

> Dollfie® ICON is a fusion of Dollfie Dream® and Super Dollfie®, combining the facial expression of Super Dollfie® with the DD III frame and soft vinyl body.

They're using DDIII instead of DD-f3. Why?

DD-f3 is considered the best... that with the non matching joints... I don't know now.

For that price they should be offering more head options too.

I loved the vinyl body and the iridescence skin color though...
>>
SemiNewfag here.
I've decided on my first doll, a 1/4 from Dollshe and luckily its part of their sale. I read that BJDivas is reliable (I'm USA based) but I'm wondering if the dolls in the sale are preorder or are already made and can be shipped out relatively fast?

I know people can wait over a year for a doll but I'm moving within the next 3 months and don't wanna risk it. Any insight?
>>
>>7679731
Dollshe's sale is for made-to-order dolls, so they're not in stock. If moving to another address before the doll is shipped out is a concern, I can say with experience that BJDivas will confirm your shipping address once they're ready to mail the doll to you. They make sure you get your doll.
>>
>>7679731
Forget you even ordered the doll to save your sanity. If it comes sooner than the usual dollshe speed, you'll have a pleasant surprise. Which doll are you buying?

BJDivas is awesome, and I have ordered a doll from them. Like >>7679876 said, they will confirm your address prior to shipping.
>>
>>7679876
>>7679914
Ah, thanks for the heads up. Got him anyway because I'd kick myself to see it run out of stock.
I got an Aramis 18M Maxi. My trails were Grant or David but those are long gone. Aramis' sculpt was the only other one that spoke to me.
>>
>>7679731
heads up, dollshe takes at least a year these days to get your doll. it doesn't matter if you order from bjdivas or directly from dollshe, it will take for fucking ever.
>>
File: af_body63g_01.jpg (208 KB, 700x1050)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
These guys went out of business last year, and I only now noticed. Truly a great loss to the bjd world.
>>
Anyone got a good guide to how to make doll clothes for a beginner?
>>
For the guys looking for smaller BJDs, Soom just released two Mini Gems for preorder. You'll have to check their measurements to see if they fit the clothes you want, but I'm snatching the boy up once I get paid. The pre-order is until 08/12/2019 I believe.

>https://gem.dollsoom.com/en/
>>
File: s-l1600.png (1.09 MB, 1000x1000)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
Totally new to BJD's. Been looking at them due to the creepy Miku thread.

Interest was piqued for making my WoW character with the smug little thing attached. Be with you Kiwi is what reverse image searching led me to, and their site is, well... a mess.

How reliable is bjd-shop? Aside from Chinese bootleggers on ebay, they seem to be the easiest to access actual shop. Again, I know nothing.
>>
>>7681886
It's a bootleg store. Go to the official Be With You website, in order to find your doll. Though, it might be sold out.
>>
>>7681886
repeating what the other anon said, bjd-shop is not legit and not an actual dealer for any company, its all bootlegs. go to the actual company's website for the dolls you want and buy directly, or check their lists of authorized dealers.

in the US, the two biggest authorized dealers of dolls seem to be denverdollemporium, and bjdivas. i've bought from both and both are great.
>>
>>7682056
Thanks for the heads up, I had a feeling it was. Made an account on "be with you", and am reaching out to owner as my computer is freaking out with korean runes.

I really like the look, and I'd rather buy from the creator(s) or second hand than bootleggers. Thanks again, it's all brand new to me
>>
>>7682523
You're welcome! If you have any questions feel free to ask!
>>
Making wigs out of your own hair; is it a good way to save money, or just gross?
>>
>>7685869
I'm on the side of that being nasty. Also as someone who is delving into wig making there are lots of materials that are good quality that you can get for relatively cheap on sites like etsy. The only thing that is really expensive is if you wanna do like alpaca hair.
>>
File: Meo-.jpg (92 KB, 640x632)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>Dollpla is on Sunday night
>Have to present my POC so I can't go to Japan
>tfw going to miss out on Ram and Rem
>>
>>7685869
Human hair probably isn't a good material for it anyway depending on how thick yours is, especially if you want curls for a smaller scale doll.
>>
>>7685869
human hair isn't in scale for dolls, so it will look too thick
>>
I'm looking for a comprehensive list of ball joint doll conventions in the USA, does anyone know of any? Googling isn't yielding the best results.
>>
>>7685869
i just saved 2 feet of my own hair for this
and theres no way it will save money to have it made into a wig and im not willing to fuck it up myself after how long it took to grow

they used to make human hair wigs for dolls back in the old days
>>
>>7657073
Chibi Chop Shop maybe? If you're meaning you want single pieces.

>>7666289
PUH-LEASE make Ranmaru

>>7685869
I personally wouldnt care about it being "tacky" or gross, just look bad coz its poor scale to doll heads. That's why we use animal or synthetic fibres.
>>
File: ranmaru.jpg (501 KB, 1080x2160)
501 KB
501 KB JPG
>>7687872
That anon here. I'm definitely making Ranmaru. Just trying to find some good secondhand hairs from My Hero Academia to paint for him and finding the right eye stickers.
With his new art out I'm dying to replicate it.
>>
>>7687887
Hes so good Im
Please share when you make him; if youre in nendo customs and mods on facebook post there as well
>>
>>7646369
Maybe head over to the /jp/ thread, your best bet would probably be yahoo japan stores
>>
>>7687212
Do you have an account on DoA? All that kind of info is there that’s why you can’t find it with google
>>
>>7685869
>Making wigs out of your own hair
Jesus and I thought being a dude who collected dolls was already weird enough.
>>
Does anyone here buy from Dollyteria? I've been buying from them a lot lately as I love their service and the interesting stuff that can show up there. I did see on some forums (conveniently can no longer find them though) that people have asked DT to hold their orders after paying so they can make multiple orders before having everything shipped off at once at the end of the month or whatever, to save on shipping. Bit of a long shot but has anyone here done this? I want to ask them but it'd be nice to get some firsthand testimony.
>>
How to remove paint stains from vinyl? Dish soap and cloth only removed initial paint but I have faint stains all over a head I was working on. Used acrylic in some areas, and watercolor pencils in others. Help.
>>
>>7688429
I hear using acne creams actually help. I think people use Zapzyt. You cover the stains with the cream then leave it in a sunny spot for a long time. People say it can take days and that you have to reapply each day, and you can wrap the piece in plastic wrap to prevent the cream from drying out.

Obviously this method is ONLY for vinyl, as you can't leave resin in the sun.
>>
File: D4A1a_mUcAAYeTJ.jpg (56 KB, 400x451)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Where can I buy this?
>>
>>7689573
I saw some on eBay.
>>
File: pimplecream.jpg (70 KB, 500x500)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>7688429
Slather a cheap benzoyl peroxide cream on it, put it in a ziplock back, and set it somewhere to sit for a week. I get the Dollar Tree pimple cream, because it's the only store left that still only charges $1 for a little bottle of the stuff. Seriously, it's ridiculous, the last time I bought it at Walmart it was in a fancy box and almost $4.
>>
>>7664940
>Dollyteria

I guess I just prefer them beautiful and idealized. Not with huge, dense splotches of rosacea and/or freckles. And no starving/deformed. Probably doesn't help I'm a weeb but I feel like that's a precursor to this hobby. I'm sure some people would find my dolls basic or boring or whatever, I just can't imagine liking such ugly things on purpose.
>>
>>7691365
I think the same.
>>
My first BJD. I love her so much, guys. ;-:
>>
>>7691365
It's the same for me. I wouldn't even want to handle a doll with a faceup that has lines and discoloration drawn all over it, 1 chip and it's all over.
>>
>>7691365
What's wrong with having freckles? They're cute.
>>
>>7692060
That hair is gorgeous!
>>
>>7692488
Nothing is wrong with a reasonable about of freckles, just not my thing.
>>
I'm probably just being anxious because it's my first doll, but its been almost four business days since I bought a second-hand one on eBay and the seller still hasn't accepted my payment and shipped and I'm starting to wonder if I should contact them.
>>
>>7693617
I would contact them just because they haven't accepted payment yet.
>>
>>7691365

I dont think being a weeb is required to be in this hobby anymore as a lot of bjds have moved past the generic animu aesthetic at this point.

Really I dont get what you're talking about when you claim 'everbody' in the hobby likes 'ugly' dolls. The vast majority of popular dolls on DoA and Instagram are just generic pretty faced shit by fairyland and volks.

Like seriously outside of the cheap doll crowed and the art doll crowd mainstream bjd aesthetic is still pretty faced boring dolls like you seem to like. I think doll chateau and doll zone are the only mainstream companies that fully changed aesthetic into more artdoll type dolls.

What companies/slash people are you following? Just people with doll chateau and pashapasha dolls or something? There are still plenty of people following the andreja school of pretty face dolls over on Instagram if you just look for them.
>>
File: 1548185579409.jpg (174 KB, 990x470)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>Limited Dollfie® released only at "Tenshi-no-Sato" and "Tenshi-no-Mado" in Japan will be here in the United States for the North American fans! Haven’t you thought "I wish they could be here!", and now they are!

Is there a review of these japanese dolls?

I'm looking but I can't find anything.
>>
>>7695382

i don't think there are any reviews yet but there should be soon
>>
Can I just marry my doll?
>>
File: fwb2.jpg (363 KB, 816x1224)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
No, but your other dolls can.
>>
>>7689573
global.rakuten.com/en/search/?f=1&k=g-435w000n15&l-id=gs_product_search&sid=auc-toysanta
The set is no longer available, but some individual glasses are.
Keep your eye on Toysanta's Rakuten shop, they sell gacha stuff and I've seen 3 eye wear sets pop up on here.
>>
For the Dollfie Dream Sister can I get some err more porminent boobies, like less barbie doll nudity more real human boobies.

I'm really considering getting a Dollfie and I have found the one I want.
>>
>>7699400
go to /jp/, perv
>>
Do vinyl dolls yellow like resin ones?
>>
>>7699844
Yes but waaay more slowly to the point where it's almost a non-issue. Old white skin DDs have more issues than other skin colours though from what I hear.
>>
Did anyone save the full magazine scans? https://get.google.com/albumarchive/112174196208952755265 went down now too.
>>
>>7699400
Yes, there are replaceable chest pieces under optional parts on the volks website. People sell custom ones, too if you want something weirder. Weirdo.
>>
>>7697037
Is that a LUTS?
>>
>>7700459
No, just an MDD.
>>
File: EBv3HzGXkAAhErz.jpg (75 KB, 700x467)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Dolk is making an Erwin doll to go with their previously released Levi. Both look pretty creepy.
>>
>>7701780
i kind of like these figures
>>
File: Mads Mikkelson.png (837 KB, 1262x715)
837 KB
837 KB PNG
Death Stranding dolls fucking when?
>>
Ever since I got my doll, everyone else’s look ugly to me; or boring at best. Is it normal to only like your own doll?
>>
File: D7d6OjQV4AIwe7v.jpg (200 KB, 1000x750)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>7702229
You think it's a requirement in being a dollfag to like other people's dolls? It's like being a parent, you'll love your own kids. I do think there's cute and beautiful dolls out there either sold premade or custom made by their owner, but the thing is we have no personal attachment to those.
>>
>>7702263
Good point, thank you Anon.
>>
I thought I had overcome my petty DoD days, but then I see shit like this and it's 2010 again.

https://etsy.me/2YUpcP5

Bonus: I asked if she'd consider parting out that "cat girl" obitsu because I like the mystery head, and answer was a hard no

Lmao gud luck
>>
>>7700006
I have most of them on my computer but don’t know much about hosting. Is there one that you guys suggest?
>>
>>7702412
God I wish we had a solid DoD alternative. Like this thread is ok but something with an archive would be great. The amount of times I’ve seen a name, vaguely remembered that they did *something* drama related but can’t track down any info is frustrating. Getting harder to keep tabs on who to avoid and why.
>>
>>7703564
We could just get a Beware This Person Pastebin going for known scammers and the like. I think the hobby has mellowed out to the point where whatever "drama" we have these days is just not worth a whole website about it.
>>
>>7702412
Wow, what a classic grossly overpriced cheap mess. Goodreau, Night Lolita, Obitsu, Resin Soul. All that's missing is one of the original shitty DZ minis.

And the only dolls worth a damn are the April Story pair, that she doesn't even name for some reason.
>>
>>7702412
Well now I’m concerned as I just bought a doll off this person from eBay. Everything’s alright with the dolls yeah? You’re just saying they’re bad customs or something?
>>
>>7703559
Yes, please use MEGA! It's pretty nice to navigate and doesn't get deleted that easily. I have some of them downloaded too, but only about 1/4.
>>
File: Capture.png (225 KB, 1751x310)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
I saved these ones.
>>
File: madsdollcomparison.jpg (233 KB, 1522x750)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>7702152
bruh there has already been a few different artists whove made mads heads. theyve been cropping up ever since the first season of hannibal
>>
File: deathstrandingbjd.jpg (239 KB, 742x2256)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>7702152
>>7706057 still, to post a faceup artist i follow who's already painted one up for death stranding. this head is by a different sculptor than the other one, i like this one better, it is a more idealized version of mads imo
>>
>>7705043
Please ease my worrying as this is my first ever doll aha
>>
How much can I ask for a pair of limited zoukei mura glass eyes?
>>
>>7702412
The head is legit just this prepainted parabox luna. Out of stock, but they still got the blank ones and some other hand painted ones.

https://paraboxshop.jp/goods_en_jpy_2113.html
>>
File: hot bjd take.png (169 KB, 511x624)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
Ringdoll just posted this on their facebook and also their twitter. Most people are confused why they made this statement on their page that sells dolls. Others are now boycotting.
>>
>>7708723
The owner of Ringdoll is a fucking dumbass. There was no reason to put any political statements out, especially one that a good chunk of your customer base is going to disagree with.

I own a Ringdoll, and I would not be sad if they went out of business. Fantastic dolls, but bad customer service, horrible wait times, and now they're making more bad business decisions with this shit. The owner can't count on being hot forever.
>>
Why has this thread been so slow lately?
Even the Previous thread is now kill >>7561439
>>
>>7702412
These are almost suspiciously cheap and no mention of CoAs is also sketchy to me.

The worst offense is the poorly taken photos.
>>
I've always been interested in the doll hobby, but those prices.
>>
File: adoll.jpg (62 KB, 794x1059)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>7709390
I automatically distrust anybody selling a bjd who either doesn't mention the company and sculpt name, or tried to obscure it.

This is AS or their cheapo sister company, right? I vaguely remember they had a sale for 2 60cms for $450, or something like that.
>>
>>7709228
I like to use all of my PTO in the summer to travel, so that's my excuse.

>>7710633
There's nothing wrong with admiring from a distance. I hoarded photos for years before I was in a position to be freely spending on hobbies.
>>
Whoever thought pic related looked good. Sold at Resin Rose which to be honest always seems shit, seems like Glyndarling and mirrorada just run it for bragging points
>>
>>
File: c2d.jpg (39 KB, 663x579)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>7710633
>>7712105
>tfw have been lurking the BJD hobby more than a decade
Oh well, I collect other kinds of toys so it's not like I got nothing.
>>
>>7709390
Is it safe to buy from them or will the dolls be fake/fall apart?
>>
>>7713285
the fuck is this suppose to be? the other one i assume is a donut, but this?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.