[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1027354408.jpg (188 KB, 1200x875)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
Before you go - i never played fortnite and blablabla.
But here is the thing - look at this. It has shit ton of plates for building a solid /toy/-style background.
Anyone has this set?
i was thinking of buying it and using for background for toy-photos.
but its kind of expensive for such a simple idea. So i'd rather hear people that have it first
>>
File: 1027354403.jpg (219 KB, 1200x863)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>7552587
>>
>>7552587
This indeed looks great
>>
I would like to see some one with better imagination try and build something more nice as those pics look too meh
>>
>>7552587
one anon in the 1:18 general has it and has posted some pics a while ago. You can build some neat stuff for posing or displaying, but just as a background it would probably look really boring
>>
>>7552589
That looks fucking NOTHING like Jonesy lmao
>>
>>7552659
i know right. Those pieces are solid. they made of neutral colors yet have some textures.
You can easily build a background picture with such plates

but damn that price. I can buy 2 figures i'd rather own for such price.
>>
>>7552587
It's expensive but it does look pretty cool.

Also, man, I didn't realize how toyetic fortnite actually is.
>>
>>7552916
>Also, man, I didn't realize how toyetic fortnite actually is.
It's unbelievable what this game did to the toy industry; highly articulated 3.75" playline in retailers again, McFarlane finally make actual articulated action figures and both them and Jazwares advanced the stranded level of articulation in market.
>>
File: Based Jazwares.png (660 KB, 480x596)
660 KB
660 KB PNG
Fortnite thread?
Fortnite thread
>>
>>7557728
What scale is this?
>>
>>7557899
6"
>>
>>7557728
Some more of these
>>
>>7557997
>>
>>7558001
>>
>>7558002
>>
File: McFarlane vs Jazwares.png (1.5 MB, 1426x577)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>7558005
>>
>>7552587
I'll buy the figures off of you to mitigate the cost if you aren't interested in them. Shoot me an email if you're interested.
>>
>>7557728
Firefly

>>7558006
Mr. Moon
>>
>>7558006
i need this white faggot
>>
>>7558006
THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?
I came up with a character years ago called Wild Card that used playing card themed ballistic masks! Fucking Fortnite!
>>
I thought it was 1/18 but these pics look more like 1/12
>>
>>7558282
OP's image is a 1:18 product. These ones towards the end are, 1:12.
>>
>>7552587
There’s also a newer cheaper one out that has half the materials and figures, but you get door and window options now as well
>>
>>7558287
Orale. Thanks.
>>
>>7558006
even the packaging looks better. Orange background helps the figure pop, pic of the actual character, diecut that takes up way less room so the figure itself can shine.
>>
>>7558347
Is it half the price?
>>
>>7558497
That it is. I might actually pick one up after work today
>>
>>7558545
I may grab both when I get my next paycheck.
>>
I don't do video games so I dont know much about Fortnight. But I've seen the 6 inch and GI Joe sized figures in stores. Are the GI Joe figures any good? Or are they Corp/DC 3 3/4th scale garbage type figures? And which ones are interesting/cool character-wise.
>>
The 4 inch figures are pretty good. GI Joe tier good. Only problem is that they don't lend well to customization sadly, in term of interchangable parts.

Also, Fortnight doesn't have characters. Just various skins for you to play. The only one with anything resembling a character is Havoc, who is an out and out rip-off, design-wise, of the GI Joe character Firefly.
>>
>>7558210
lmao, you are acting as if thats somehow that hard to do.
>>
>>7558635
But now I'm going to have motherfuckers look at my custom figure and go "OH LIKE IN FORTNITE? XD"
>>
try to find the jungle book 2 mcdonalds toys from the early 2000's, I used to have a fuck tone and they snap together and can make surprisingly sturdy and complex structures
>>
>>7552587
The set is really cool, minus the figures, going to use it as a display for my SO-DO kamen riders as they’re 4 inches aswell. Hell I think the pegs on the playset match the rider pegs on the feet
>>
This toy line fucking rules, it’s one of the best 1:18 lines out there. I may be biased bc I play fort but I also buy Star Wars figs and I’ve been happier with these than the vintage collection lately. Skull trooper and dark bomber are amazing. BTW if you’re looking for any of these, the first wave of the basic line is on sale at Target for $8 each marked down from $13. And omega is marked down to $12 from $20
>>
>TFW never played Fornite and never will, but I want the fursuit bitch for my furry figure collection.
>>
>>7558005
damn, this guy looks cool. Also I see a lot of customizing potential in these
>>
https://youtu.be/Q0rUPEm8I-A
>>
Could soneone do a comparrison between the 6 jazz and a mcfarline?
>>
>>7571734
>>7564624
>>
>>7552587
why are grown men the only ones who buy these fucking things?
>>
>>7578328
Kids are too busy playing the game.

Also, parents.
>>
>>7578328
I'll bite because I actually talked with a German Smyth's (formerly Toysrus) employee about that recently.
She said all Fortnite stuff is selling like crazy and every time I go there the Fortnite space has gotten bigger. Last time They even had some of the Mcfarlane figures, which I've never seen in an actual toy store before. But the shelf always looks untouched, so they must have bought tons of stock. I'm wondering what happens when the fad cools down
>>
>>7578336
K̶i̶d̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶b̶u̶s̶y̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶
>dancing in the middle of the McDonalds Parking lot

Also, parents.
>>
>>7552587
Would they be good breakable buildings for kaiju toys? Probably not, right? What would be better?
>>
>>7558619
They’re great. Get the llama pack because it has a great figure, four back blings, like ten guns, and eight connectable pieces. And as for the regular figures, Teknique, Dark Bomber, and Skull Trooper are my favs. I would stay away from Omega, Havoc, and Raptor because they can’t even do a THWG because of their bulky torsos
>>
>>7552916
I saw one at Marshall's but didn't stop to check the price. The sets and figures are pretty good but I don't think they are selling well. Probably see a bunch of stuff at clearance stores soon.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.