[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 44 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

The thread for all 1/12 scale weapons, vehicles, furniture, clothes, and any other accessories. Including dioramas and dollhouses.
>>
It took me a while but I was finally able to find a 1/12 turntable. Phonographs are all over the place but anything more modern is difficult to find. First I found an Etsy seller selling it loose and without mentioning its origin but it was too expensive. With some further searching I found it was the World’s Coolest Turntable which was cheap and still widely available.
>>
I really want a house like this for my figures. How difficult could it be to build something similar?
>>
>>7537931
Pretty easy, look at dollhouse building on youtube.
It's mostly just flat pieces which shouldn't be too hard to measure and cut.
>>
>>7537935
I think it’d be better to start with a simple cardbox rectangle and from there move to more complex structures and other materials.
>>
>>7537166
I've probably seen that thing a dozen times and it never clicked that it was 1/12. Probably won't see it in-store now that I want it, lol.
>>
>>7539324
It’s still on ebay, probably Amazon too. Just don’t buy from Etsy scammers.
>>
>>7537931
Are these Reac designer chairs still being rereleased? I really want the Eames desk chair.
>>
>>7536115
>saw figma bicycle in Japan
>in weird print colours but were the limited fes run or some shit
>perfect for repaint
>cheap as shit
>didn't buy
Did I fuck up?
>>
>>7542483
What did you want it for?
Being figma it’s probably on the smaller side of “1:12” and would look tiny with larger figures like SHFiguarts, etc.
>>
>>7542483
If you wanted a bicycle for figmas you sure did. If you wanted a bicycle for other 1:12 figures >>7542710 is right, and you dodged a bullet.
>>
>>7537166
Since a turntable is useless on its own I got this set with some speakers, an amplifier, CD and DVD players, a TV, remote control, two vinyl singles,and TV stand. The TV stand itself is the worst part of it, I don’t particularly care for the design, the center speaker is glued in, and the thick acrylic is literally rough around the edges.
The World Coolest Turntable fits perfectly on top of the other elements, too bad it’s not silver.
>>
I’m a poorfag but I have fun making my own.
>>
>>7543317
Can you post more?
>>
>>7543527
I’ve never built a dollhouse before, so it’s a little fucked up
>>
>>7543581
Tiny books are really easy to crank out.
>>
Found this place on Egay... going to start my own little dio soon.
Lot of little neat stuff.
Some 1/12, and various other scales. Hope it helps!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263158066363
>>
My little bar set up. I made the bar table, cut up some popsicle sticks and stained both for the darker decor. It's a work in progress. I'm looking to get more miniatures from Ebay, anyone have any problem with Chinese dollhouse miniature sellers?
>>
File: 20190516_193718.jpg (3.8 MB, 3607x1908)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB JPG
>>7543717
Forgot pic, goddamnit
>>
File: Luzai1305857167.jpg (523 KB, 1400x1208)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
what is the best harley davidson bike my schoolgirl figma can ride on?
tried maisto brand before while the size is almost fit the bike feels really brittle
>>
>>7543727
how much are you willing to spend? because the only other brand that comes to mind is minichamps but those can be quite pricey if you just want it as an accessory
>>
>>7543727
New Day and Automaxx might do HDs. Been eyeing Maistos at the store, but the pics I've seen of them with figma have me convinced they just won't look for together.
>>
>>7536115
Figma can ride on Transformers Combiner Wars deluxe Groove and Wreck-Gar just fine.
>>
>>7544030
honestly i don't mind paying 30$+ since that's how much exride and shf bike cost, their variety is just tad small and exride's harley suck.
but of course if there's any good cheap brand i'd rather get that
>>
>>7544154
You might like Aoshima's HDs.
>>
There are these figma-1/12 scale tissue box covers of bathroom fixtures on ebay if you're crafty and looking to build a bathroom in your dollhouse.
>>
>>7544154
>30$
a minichamps harley doesn't go for less than $100, hot wheels made one too but it'd 1:10 and htf, the cheap maisto and new ray are still the best option if you just want an accessory
now, the minichamps grand prix bikes are fantastic and you can find models for relatively cheap on ebay
>>
>>7544617
>Red button in the middle of the mirror
What do those even do?
>>
>>7543592
One of those things is not like the others.
>>
>>7545611
You push the red buttons and it makes a sound corresponding with whatever that button is attached to, not sure what sound a mirror makes though.
>>
There’s a new interrogation room diorama at KGhobby.
>>
>>7547375
finally, I can have the Love Live girls interrogate the Joker
>>
>>7542483
There's a Little Armoury bicycle that went up for preorder like a week ago.
>>
>>7547898
It’s in the OP, anon.
>>
I'm looking for a 1/12 band set, guitars, bass, drum set, mic etc. I know some figma come with an instrument but I'm not really interested in the character themselves, and some are pretty hard to come by nowadays.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (14 KB, 234x215)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>7551969
MONO did a set with exactly what you're describing.
>>
File: Hikari armbar.jpg (238 KB, 1600x1200)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
Any advice regarding dojo like stuff? Either traditional things like those wood thing that look like a standing bench, or more modern and practical like punching bags and stuff.
>>
>>7551980
That's pretty cool actually, just missing a drum set and mic.
>>
Bought this mini rug recently when I went on vacation
Goes well with my 1/12 collection of weapons
>>
File: IMG_20190522_014855__01.jpg (2.36 MB, 2176x2586)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB JPG
>>7552228
Forgot pic
>>
>>7552231
Looks really good. I've got a 1:12 rug somewhere, but it's far more traditional in design, and thus less interesting.

Your pic also reminds me that I really should have grabbed the Revoltech knight in silver instead of bronze.
>>
>>7552231
The Revo knight isn't exactly 1/12 scale
>>
>>7552532
There’s going to be a knight from COOmodel soon.
>>
>>7543317
Animal shaping balloon and copper coil over a bolt? Looking nice!
>>
File: Chinese cup Moltar.jpg (74 KB, 480x818)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>7547375
>>7547408
Yotsuba can interrogate Space Ghost as to where the last ice cream bar went.

Spoiler, Jigen took it.

>>7543719
Looking nice, never underestimate an inexpensive pot of wood stain, popsicle sticks, superglue and a little time.

>>7552008
Sushi rolling mat and some wood stain for the tatami. Jakks and other wrestling figures make a lot of the more modern stuff like punching and kicking bags.

>>7551980
Been looking for drums and all I could find is the K-On figure. Thanks!

>>7543717
EVen if it states the scale check the description as they usually give measurements. 1/12th stuff has come in far too big for me at times but not too often, it's so cheap it's worth the crapshoot especially if you're handy making your own. Pic related is one of the "1/12th scale coffee mugs" that came in..."
>>
File: CHinese cup 2.jpg (67 KB, 480x818)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>7555752
This is what I did with it.
>>
>>7555752
You need a Good Cop and Bad Cop for any interrogation.
>>
>>7556124
Sort of figured Yotsuba is schizo enough to be both.
>>
>>7555752
There’s a Muppets drum set too, I think.
>>
>>7557165
YEah, with ANimal. JUst a bit pricey compared to the K-on one when I could use her as a random background schoolgirl in a street scene and don't have much use for Animal, though I do love the Muppet Show there's not a lot of uses for the figure.

I did buy a loose Scooter for the tons of accessories he comes with, though.
>>
File: Band.jpg (1023 KB, 1280x960)
1023 KB
1023 KB JPG
>>7552095
Best drum set is the figma Ritsu which can be gotten for as little as 2k yen on Mandy. You also get a background school girl for whatever. Best mics imo come from either Sh. Figuarts Freddy Mercury (pricey) or Revoltech DMC Jagi or Krauser (500JPY each)
>>
>>7557918

>You also get a background school girl for whatever.

Good to see two occurrences of hivemind.

What you said about a background schoolgirl and also that MJ figure is the next purchase on my list.

In the little comic/play/whatever that MJ figure will be the cashier at every place in town and it's never addressed why.
>>
>>7557918
>checks sold listings for Figuarts Freddie
Fucking disgusting. He's a good figure, but not that damn good.
>>
>Want more guns for my Revoltech Evas
>Due to the design the hands are slightly too big to hold 1:12 weapons
Anyone know a good source of guns they can hold? Doesn't matter if they're sci-fi or realistic, as a lot of the Eva weapons are just IRL guns upscaled to mecha size.
>>
Kotobukiya's M.S.G. line of weapon kits might work, as might Frame Arms weapons.
>>
>>7563510
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about them. I actually have a few for that express purpose too so I don't know what my excuse is.
>>
Months ago I ordered some out of stock YSK accessories like binoculars, flashlights,... leg shackles from HLJ expecting they would eventually cancel my order because the stuff I ordered wasn’t going to come back in stock. Surprisingly after all this time HLJ just charged me and the stuff I ordered is ready to ship. YSK also makes 1/12 guns, I have no idea how they compare to Little Armory though.
>>
File: YSKRPG-2.jpg (90 KB, 480x507)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>7563586
If this pic I borrowed from a Japanese language blog is any indication, they're probably on par. At least after cleaning up the flashing.

In accessory related news, I'm still waiting on my damn Platz 1/12 rifles to come from Japan.
>>
For some reason I can't post photos on mobile but Dollar Tree around here has some wooden furniture for $1 each that are pretty close to 1/12. They need painted or stained though.
>>
>>7563852
I've seen those, and have been tempted a couple of times.
>>
>>7563852
One of my "kids" has the same problem in the dollar store. When he does some US shopping for me he has to run out sometimes and send the photos he took if he's unsure about whether or not it's the correct item.

ANyhow, this is a different brand but the same furniture. I"ll have a look for the ones I used wood stain on, they come out looking pretty decent.

The only problem is the sloppy glue job requires you to do just a touch of sanding at the joints as the glue spot won't absorb stain.
>>
>>7563586
Same thing happened to me a year or two back. It was totally worth the wait.
>>
Are there any 1/12 cars that aren’t horribly expensive?
>>
A few, but diecast vehicles in that scale tend to be pretty fancy display pieces, and definitely won't accommodate most 1/12 figures. You might look into 1/12 R/C cars.
>>
>>7570002
some Bruder stuff works, a few rc cars too, there are model kits but they can be a bit delicate, and there are paper models
>>
File: JIgen Guitar.jpg (85 KB, 480x818)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>7551969
Just got this in today. Re-Ment Zakka SNoopy guitar. $11 AUD so less in USD. THe amplifier makes a great 50's radio and the guitar comes with a pick, stand and atrap and you get a little snoopy playing sax.
>>
File: KEnner SHadow.jpg (49 KB, 450x361)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>7570002
WHat's your price point? I know a lot of older cars like the KEnner TErminator or the old SHadow car that are the right size and run about $40 each.
>>
Extremely happy that I found a local Buy/Sell/Trade 1:12 FB group 2 days ago.
>>
bump
>>
>>7557963
Blame the movie
>>
>>7579005
Yeah, I figured once that movie came out that the secondary market on the figure would go nuts.
>>
Is anyone making original 1/12 headsculpts?
>>
File: TheMonkee.jpg (162 KB, 522x608)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
I picked up some of those Mono instruments and they're a lot better than I thought they would be. I was surprised to see that the strings were actually string and not molded on. I'm going to bite it and pick up that one k-on figma with the drumset, there's also a Miku that comes with a mic stand that I'll also get. Last I saw them they were decently priced.
>>
>>7539585
Found one today, at Cracker Barrel of all places. I've got a speaker from an old Love Hina figure, so I just got to figure out what to do for record sleeves. Can't see myself paying $3 each from an eBay seller for them, and I don't have a printer currently. I'll figure out something, I'm just glad to have the record player
>>
>>7544617
I think my Grandma had one of these.

I would pass because of the red buttons.
>>
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a good starter site/place to buy all of these 1/12 items? General stuff, really. Nothing crazy specific. I could just get a lot more range out of photos with more accessories.
>>
>>7584621
Hobbylobby.com for general doll house stuff, though eBay will provide should you not be a Burgerlander. auc-toysanta on Rakuten, Amiami.com, HLJ.com and mandarake.co.jp for Japanese-made items (Re-Ment products in particular). Re-Ment sets will yield items of varying scales, so be warned.
>>
File: SG concert.jpg (83 KB, 818x480)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>7582023
FOr the price the K-On blonde seems the bet option for a drum set, fiscally. If you an find a used Animal from the Pallisades Muppet series you can get it for a few bucks cheaper but then you have an animal figure you won't use versus a background schoolgirl for photos.

BUt as far as the miku with the mic stand goes, I reconnend this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Metal-Microphone-Model-1-12-Doll-House-Dollhouse-MiniatureFurnitureAccessorie-EB/264083613344?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

All metal, microphone comes off, fits in a figma hangs nicely and slides securely into the stand. Here's a shot of mine:

How much did that guitar and amp combo cost you?
>>
>>7584661
Thank you very much!
>>
>>7584752
Thanks, I'll look into that. Those two pieces come separately, the guitar cost $10 and the amp was $12. The price range for the Mono guitars, bass, and amps I saw ranged between $10 and $25 on ebay. There was also a box 10 guitars that came out to $50 that I saw, if you need that many. They're worth the price if you ask me, and I'm going to get more pieces to complete a band. If a custom accessory maker were to make them today they'd probably charge $30+ an item.
>>
>>7584621
AliExpress has tons of 1/12 items.
>>
>>7585049
I forgot to mention that the guitar also comes with a stand and the strap is removable, but tricky to put on as the nub on the guitar and the strap are small, but once it's on it stays on. I've had it hanging on the back of my Goku since I took the pic and it hasn't gotten loose or fallen off.
>>
File: JIgen Zakka 2.jpg (90 KB, 818x480)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>7585049

As you can see here the Snoopy Zakka is a good deal on a guitar, you also get a stand, guitar pick and "amplifier" but the amp actually works much better as a retro radio.

I'm really surprised that Mono stuff is so inexpensive. I may get the amp
>>
File: Nuka.jpg (1.08 MB, 2696x2440)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
Anyone work on their own stuff? I'm makink some Nuka Colas in preparation of my future purchase of the Vault Dweller.
>>
>>7587352
Very cool! I take it you made a mold from a 1/12 bottle and filled it with glow in the dark resin? Could probably benefit from a little more blue in the dye for daylight, though. They just need itty bitty labels and some dabs of paint for caps!
>>
You know, I think Tad Ghostal is the only namefag I like. Keep on doing your thing, man.
>>
>>7591509
Tad is Rad.
>>
Anyone know where I can find a 1/12 wolf figurine that would look good with the Articulated Icons Snake Eyes?
>>
>>7591561
Game of thrones had a 1/12 one that was 9 bucks at one point I was waiting until I found him for 3 dollars at Target clearance like all tv show toys but I think they went up in price instead
>>
>>7591776
Found it
>>
That’s an expensive kitty.
>>
File: 1554506651875.jpg (264 KB, 1200x675)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
Any of you /k/-inclined 1/12 fellows happen to know where this rifle came from? I was thinking it was from some cheap-o hunting figure, but I can't seem to find a match.
>>
File: SOda Mold.jpg (60 KB, 818x480)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>7591492
Correct. Good thinking.

Only problem is I am using a brand of resin that isn't great so even a crystal clear mix can cloud and bubble up when done properly, hence the bottles not being fully clear.

The bubbles work for soda pop but not a ton else.

>>7591509
>>7591521
THanks, that does mean a lot. I actually only put the tag on to be recognized in a thread I started but I forgot to take it off. I post so infrequently due to the group of kids I look after and my work I figure let it hang. That way I'll be remembered when I don't post in a few weeks.

>>7594058
I can't be sure but I think one of those Walmart camping figure sets they sell in the generic aisle.
>>
>>7595003
I was over in the Customizing General the other day, and the topic of clear resins was being discussed. Though you're probably well aware of that.

>I can't be sure but I think one of those Walmart camping figure sets they sell in the generic aisle.

I was thinking it was something like that, but I'm now convinced it came with pic related. Guess I'm getting an 1/12 atv.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (99 KB, 1000x750)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
Forgot the pic, like an asshole.
>>
>>7595159
I think you nailed it. WHat's the cost on that set?

I have a few passable four-wheelers from the Dollar store when I lived in the states but that looks properly scaled.
>>
>>7596196
As low as $13 new on eBay.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.