[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

What are some failed/scam KS project
>>
>>7533613
Imagine the size of the O-ring in those.
>>
>>7533613
Mythic Legions are a huge scam.
>>
>>7533613
The infamous Crystar reboot

>>http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-news-rumors/398877-eagle-force-returns-discussion-thread-6.html#post4747143
>>http://www.infinitehollywood.com/whatever-happened-to-the-prince-of-crystal/

>>7534065
>hurr derr give us more money for 90% reused and recolored molds
>hurr der we are poor small company
Kek
>>
>>7533613
I always wonder what makes this KS special in the attention it gets when there are no updates. Yes, a ~monthly update would be ideal, even if the content is "nothing's changed", but that's often what's going on. Come June or whenever he said the Blanks would be somewhat ready and if there's still nothing then I'll worry.
>>
>>7534065
At least they give you what you paid for.
>>
>>7533613
2 websites kept advertising this line as some kind of GI Joe/Xevoz-inspired line
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gogodynamo/the-hero-project-action-figures-of-world-cultural
>>
>>7534065
>>7534098
Name five other action figure kick starters that made a million dollars.
>>
>>7535590
>made a million dollars
>shipped out fucking garbage
That's a text book scam
>>
>>7535593
You sound very jealous. Why don't you try your hand and make some 1/12 scale fantasy toys?
>>
>>7535608
>jealous
Bullshit. I feel ripped off that I got these loose jointed, flaking paint pieces of crap.
>>
>>7535608
Hey there 4Hshill with his dumb strawman, did you waste your money on reused molds under million budget?
>>
>>7535614
Sorry man if my post under you ended up hurting, it was meant for the shill.
>>
>>7535620
Nah. It's all good.
>>
>>7535614
I honestly feel the same way. They look great, don't get me wrong, but when you start messing around with them they're just subpar figures. Looseness in KS toys seem to be their biggest issue.
>>
>>7535590
>that made a million dollars
The Ouya raised 8 million dollars and still ship out trash. It just mean that 4H is a better scammer than others
>>
>>7533613
Articulated Icons by The Fwoosh faggots. Subpar ML tier ninja toyline that got delayed and suffered QC issues.

>>https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/last/50/6298140/
>>https://yuki.la/toy/6280163
>>
File: mgr pattern.jpg (42 KB, 389x583)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>7535687
MGR and Boss Fight's stuff are great though.
MGR has had like 6 KSs already and there's no issue with their stuff.

Companies like 4H are just shit, despite overcharging for their figures.
Greedy as fuck or just plain incompetent.
So not every company who does things through KS are bad.
>>
>>7535972
Metal Gear Rising? What?
>>
>>7535975
It's from a range of customizable 1:18 figures by Marauder Gun Runners: https://www.marauderinc.com/

Base figures come in like 8 different colors and patterns, and you can add a shitload of eqiupment to that base body in dozens of colors.
They also have female figures, WW2 stuff, Secret Service, exo-suit, and dogs/wolves now too. All come with various accessories made for them.

They started off selling a shitload of different guns for 1:18 scale and they ballooned from there.

They tried to do 1/12 scale stuff, but there's no real interest in this scale, hence the KS failures and MGR funding a 1:12 weapon series out of his own pocket.
>>
>>7535972
>>7535999
While they're no 4HM level of shit, I am not fund of their business practice; they're already established company and they should take the risk by themselves, not to mention they charge way higher for their figures during their kickstarters.

As for BSF, well their Zombie Lab collaboration turned out to be shit, I'll post more info later.
>>
>>7536497
MGR is a real company, because they sell their toys to everyone without always asking for interest free loans from their fans at every point.
They also have great customer service and because their stuff isn't made on a limited basis, they have replacement parts.

And didn't the Zombie Lab collab just only get announced last month? What happened in such a short time that something went wrong?
>>
File: 16-19.png (694 KB, 1400x693)
694 KB
694 KB PNG
>>7533613
Truforce X was hardly a failure. But all they did was sell recolors instead of new characters.

pretty much the only KS i funded, and i got a shirt for it
>>
>>7536502
>without always asking for interest free loans from their fans at every point
The "fans", or customers (which is what they really are) act as inventors for free and without seeing any profit from future sales of molds they brought to life.

As for the Zombie Lab, I will post later (not around my computer yet).
>>
>>7535709
>video games

Fuck off /v/ you irrelevant fucks. This is a thread for /toy/ kick starters you jelly seething braindead retard.
>>
>>7536514
>inventors

Spell check your sentences you brain dead retard.
>>
>>
>>
>>7536520
>you made a typo so all your argument is invalid
>>
>>7536526
>I don't like toys other people want and make lanklett statements without making coherent sentences

Cope
>>
>>7536530
>lanklett

Spell check your sentences you brain dead retard.
>>
>>7536566
Did your lanklett limbs deprived your brain of the oxygen rich blood cells that take too long to reach the most sexual organ of the body?
>>
>>7534065
Still mad they didn't make a 1/18 line anon?
>>
>>7536569
HEY

Don't talk about my peepee. You'll make me blush
>>
File: 1541478874849.jpg (175 KB, 1051x879)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>7536581
>>
>>7536572
Remember how mythic legion was gonna be glyos compatible?
>>
>>7536584
I'm retarded and do not quite grasp this meme. Please explain it to me.
>>
>>7536514
Fans are just customers. You're essentially preordering a product and that's it.
There are no real investing, because that would mean you'd be getting money back from them... or not, if it fails.
>>
>>7536530
Oh, of course the sucker use strawman to justify muh toy company actions. It was fine when they did it for their two-three new sublines, now they just exploits idiots like you.

>>7536593
No, it isn't pre-ordeing as we talk about an already final product that's granted to be released. Not to mention as I previously said, their kickstater figures cost more than the regular release afterwards-it's investing without the benefits of it.

>because that would mean you'd be getting money back from them
>or not, if it fails
It's amazing how you just ended up contradicting yourself, but yes as this thread suggests you can easily get scammed, hence taking risk and being an investor.
>>
>>7536497
>>7536502
>>7536514
So the Zombie Lab Kickstarter have just released their figures...things don't look that great, I am expecting more commentary later on.

>>http://www.hisstank.com/forum/toys/425558-zombie-lab-kickstarter-123.html
>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKjXxwb1qyM
>>
>>7537919
Yeah. That was so shit that BFS bought back the molds to actually do it right.
>>
>>7536584
who is this boi
>>
>>7537897
>No, it isn't pre-ordeing as we talk about an already final product that's granted to be released
What are you talking about?
Every single kickstarter for action figures is a preorder.
None of them are an investment.
>>
>>7538428
>Every single kickstarter for action figures is a preorder.
Again pre-ordering is for already finalized product guaranteed to be released where as kickstarter is funding the creation of product from scratch which is it in it's very early stages of design and not guaranteed to be released (hence the thread name-scam KS project).

>>None of them are an investment.
>what is crowdfunding
>>
>>7536572
It’s hilarious, he just can’t let it go
>>
>>7533613
>What are some failed/scam KS project
Anything Zeta Toys has done. They will never deliver those Sectaurs figures.
>>
>>7539345
>Zeta Toys
I think you meant Zica Toys, Zeta Toys is TF 3rd party.
>>
>>7539256
Are you getting monetary dividends from your preorder? No, just a product. Then you are a customer, not an investor.
>Crowdfunders think they are investors
>Look mom, I'm on Wall Street!
>>
>>7539345
It'll happen. After teaming up with that fellow from 4H things are finally progressing well.
>>
>>7540246
>you are not getting what you should get as an investor therefore it's not investing!
That was my whole point you idiot, and I clearly explain the difference between per-ordering to investing in kickstarter which you conveniently ignored of course.

>No, just a product
It's the development of product, you braindead.
>>
>>7540246
>it's okay if they don't deliver

Actually no
>>
>>7540765
You clearly have no idea what being an investor and consumer means.

outright nonsense, especially given the fact that kickstarter is all about giving no-interest loans to mostly nobodies, and in the case of 4H, an incompetent business.
>>
>>7540786
>kickstarter is all about giving no-interest loans to mostly nobodies
Yeah that was crowdfunding is you retarded, an investment without the benefits of investment.

Also you dumbass keep ignoring the difference between per-ordering and funding a kickstater project.
>>
4H figures suck
>>
>>7540787
*that what crowdfunding is
>>
File: unrustable-burley-1.jpg (177 KB, 1500x1000)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
Those Unrustables/Mayhem Mekanics guys.

They managed to get one figure out and it was pretty good, only to get royally fucked by the company they contracted to make them because they started chink factory drama, and basically all the money is gone and all the production molds are held hostage.
>>
>>7540791
>chink factory drama
What is this?
>>
>>7536508
I funded this and felt scammed imo.

>Backers shafted because they prioritized con goers over their actual backers for 3/4 releases with backers.

>Backers ended up paying a 20-25% markup over the main release for regular X.

The final product is great but I ain't backing shit by them in the future and I'm glad their dead.
>>
>>7536508
Fucking bluefin and them trying to get into the figure market and fucking it up royally.
>>
>>7536497
>they're already established company and they should take the risk by themselves
The way MGR runs their kickstarters you're basically getting the figures earlier and cheaper by backing.
>not to mention they charge way higher for their figures during their kickstarters.
Not true. If you break down what you get it's a few bucks cheaper per figure.
>>
>>7533613
>What happened
What happened with the Army Alphas?

aside from having a terrible name?
>>
>>7540787
>"crowdfunding" is a marketing buzzword that dumbfucks have fallen hook line and sinker to mean "investment"
I'd feel bad for you if you weren't so willfully ignorant.
>>
>>7540791
That’s a shame, I was wondering what happened with those guys. The figures were neat, although a bit expensive in my opinion.
Factories stealing molds is unbelievably shitty, I seem to rembrr something similar happening to 4H, but they got their stuff back thanks to help from Neca
>>
>>7542498
You braindead idiot keep failing to understand; crowdfunding is an investment in the sense you fund the creation of a new product! Yes, you only get the finished product instead, and no revenue from future sales of that product and getting your money back in case of a scam. So it's basically an investment without the benefits of investments and companies that do it more than two-three times are scumbags.

And for the love of God, stop conveniently ignore the difference between pre-ordering and crowdfunding.
>>
>>7542533
>It's investing but without investment benefits
So it's NOT investing.
Not in any sense of the word.

It sounds more like gambling.
Will the product be shit?
Will it even get made?
Who knows?! Let's cross our fingers and hope it goes well!
You're fooling yourself m8
>>
>>7535590
Just because it made a lot of money doesn't mean it's not a scam.
>>
>>7535593
Also, not a figure but how much money did mighty number 9 make again? Pretty sure it was well over a million and that was a fucking piece of shit as well
>>
>>7542533
>braindead
LOL, you don't even know the meaning of the word, just like you don't know what "invest" means.

Here's a better word for it "donate",
but that's still wrong, because you're (hopefully) only giving them money to CONSUME their products.
>>
>>7540791
elaborate
>>
>>7533613
Turboman
The thread was fucking hilarious when it the CF was removed
>>
>>7544544
Name five other action figure kickstarters that raised a million dollars

>>7544547
Im sorry /v/-tard, but can you shut the fuck up about your dumb fortnite games and list examples of /toy/ related kick starters? Do you have this much brain damage?
>>
>>7542473
Nothing. Op is a fag.
>>
>>7545329
I was one of the people who reported that project to Fox.
>>
>>7545573
So Disney are more likely to make a turbo man action figure?
>>
>>7545574
Nope, but the guy who ran that KS was a dick and I’m glad it got shut down.
>>
>>7545567
Wow. The 4h shill is a huge confrontational asshole.
Who knew?
>>
>>7545587
Name five other action figure kick starters that raised a million dollars
>>
>>7545593
Not the point, you lost this one dumbo
>>
>>7545595
>anonymous is one person
Name five other action figure kick starters that raised a million dollars
>>
>>7545595
Seething
>>
>>7536520
>>7536519
Do you have Tourette’s?
>>
>>7545609
I don't play video games no, but clearly you do given how you can't shut the fuck up about retarded vidya game kick starters that do not belong on my blue board for children's toys.
>>
>>7533613
POPS! They didn't fail but are a huge fucking scam. Still can't believe those stupid things are everywhere.
>>
File: builder1.jpg (63 KB, 544x960)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Not "failed", just... forgotten.

Great, now I'm crying all over again!
>>
>>7536522
> OMG we made nonsexualized feminist action figures FOR GURLS! EMPOWERMENT!
> first wave is all hot pink and the base body is a leotard/ corset thing
>EMPOWERMENT!
>>
>>7536524
I only learned of this through this post and it hurts. I loved Skeleton Warriors.
>>
>>7546118
Every time a /pol/ fuck cries over a non-issue, I smile and suddenly feel a need to support whatever it is that made the punk bitch cry, even if it's a shit franchise.
>>
>>7546146
You clearly have psychological issues. /pol/ dominates your life and lives in your head rent free.
>>
>>7546146
Did you back the original kickstarter, or discuss in the threads at the time, speculating over how memorable the series would be given time? there's a reason 4H has so much love and dedication, even without needing retail presence, something that IAm tried.
>>
>>7546146
i..wasnt crying over it. im just trying to point out the irony. the marketing is about how these are the game changing just4girls action figures that smash the cultural deals of femininity, yet are all hot pink rail thin dominatrix gear wearing wastes of money,
congrats ladies, you played yourselves
>>
>>7546094
4H is a horribly run company that can't get anything done without their interest free loans.
>>
I still can't believe this thing managed to do everything wrong with crowdfunding/sourcing and it didn't even begin as a crowdfunded project.
>>
>>7546303
you sound jelly you can't raise a million dollars on your kickstarters. 4H will continue to receive love at Power Con Yearly
>>
>>7546314
Why would i be jealous?

I'm upset that 4H is a horribly run company who didn't make a toyline i was looking forward to because they're nothing but fuckwits who can't raise capital any other way but by begging.
>>
>>7546318
So you're jelly and can't do it yourself like the real men of 4H can. You sure sound pathetic! Have sex.
>>
>>7546321
But i can't do it myself, because 4H has a license they can't use because they're incompetent.
>>
>>7546342
What's stopping you from creating your own lore and 3D printing Mordhau skins?
>>
>>7543863
>>7545252
>in·vest
>/inˈvest/
>verb
>1. expend money with the expectation of achieving a profit or material result by putting it into financial schemes, shares, or property, or by using it to develop a commercial venture.
>financial schemes, shares, or property, or by using it to develop a commercial venture.
>developing a toy line
With the exception of expecting profit, it's the same shit you illiterate retards.
>>
>>7547247
>commercial venture

its preorders for fucking action figures, you brain dead /v/ -tard. unlike your piratable dumb dumb fuckingretarded vidya games, action figures will always gain in value and scarcity, fuck face.
>>
>>7542468
>earlier
I would say first, but waiting year and so isn't earlier...

>If you break down what you get it's a few bucks cheaper per figure.
Maybe you right, however I remember it wasn't the case for the Valkyries (and the prices slightly increased since than).

>>7545609
He's the underage autist

>>7545610
>children's toys.
You know we have adult collector toys too, moron?

>>7536522
>>7546118
Ughh,I couldn't stand this toyline. What bothered me more is that imply girls don't deserve fully developed unique looking charters, but generic, safe, unimaginative shit. Fuck those feminist hoes, Golden Girl And The Guardians Of The Gemstones is still the coolest and most action packed toyline for girls ever made.

>>7546314
>>7546321
>>7546343
>hurr derr you can't criticize x if you don't do x!
4H are scumbags, not only they had the insolence to make a kickstarter, despite already releasing toys of their own and even working with fricking Mattel. But also made it for mostly reused olds and they charge more than 20$ for a fucking reused mold of outdated singlejointed body. Only blind suckers defend them.
>>
>>7547258
>its preorders
I already explained here again and again >>7537897 >>7539256, why is isn't you illiterate moron

>/v/
I never visited this shitty board and barely play video games. Stop projecting.
>>
File: 14c.jpg (17 KB, 207x253)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>7547262
>He's the underage autist
>>
>>7547262
You sound very jealous 4H has a dedicated following and general while no one will ever give a shit about your kickstarter. Do you work for Boss Fight Studio?
>>
Reminder that Mythic Legions is the only action figure kickstarter to have raised a million dollars.
>>
>>7547268
>it's that idiot who use the same image again and again.

>get off muh blue board for children toys
And he repeats the same shit in other threads.
>>
>>7547275
>Anonymous is one person
Have sex
>>
>>7547269
>the moron doesn't have real argument and keep using the same strawmen like a retarded

>BFS
They aren't even competing with each other, you absolute retard
>>
Sure are a lot of salty shills upset 4H has so much love and yearly Power Con exclusives that everyone loves. How much love does any other Kickstarter toy company have on here?
>>
>>7547277
Yeah, I'm sure many other anons keep parroting this retard line

>hurr derr have sex
The wisdom of underage
>>
>>7547279
>They aren't even competing with each other
Yet one anon continually brings them up in the Based 4H generals. Obviously its (You).
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8tVDlPm9s0

ah man look at all that love, so much good stuff they continually bring to the biggest nerd con of all time!
>>
>>7547286
I never said anything like that about them and defiantly not on your contentment board.
>>
>>7547283
>>7547288
>salty shill
So you talk about yourself, retard?
>>
>>7547289
>contentment board
You're underage aren't you? Why wouldn't other kick starters be relevant in a General, (get it right next time you call the 4H General, a General, and not a Board) all about toy kickstarters?
>>
>>7547293
I don't know, I'm not poor and upset over how much of my hard earned money they receive from me. Do you live in Europoor with exorbitent customs fees? Do you need a license for that action figure, mate?
>>
>>7547294
I meant thread, my mistake (its' usually board when it comes to this phrase).

>Why wouldn't other kick starters be relevant in a General
I never said anything against it, don't put words in my mouth.

>>7547295
Is that all dumb 4Hfags know to do? Come up with strawmens because they don't have any real arguments to defend their shitty toy company' actions?
>>
>>7547312
>popular thing is bad because I don't like it
Quite the contrarian, aren't you anon? Why do you care this much? Were you really looking forward to 1.12 scale fantasy action figures?
>>
>>7547315
>>popular thing
That wasn't my argument at all you dumb lying 4Hfag, and you confuse with other anon.
>>
>>7547319
So why do you care so much about a Million Dollar Extion Figure Kickstarter that has yet to have its record broken on most highly crowd funded project via the interwebs? Are you jelly?
>>
>>7546321
>>7546314
>>7547320
>>7536519
>So you're jelly
>you sound jelly
>you jelly seething
>Are you jelly?
>>
>>7547329
4Hfmorons give Hastards competition...only subjectautist can compete this.
>>
>>7547350
Clearly retard who keep coming with the same debunked argument again and again.
>>
>>7547361
>debunked

all you did was prove how jealous you are
>>
>>7547363
>Jealous

See >>7547262 and other anons >>7535614
>>7535687 >>7546318 >>7546342
And this to add to your autism list >>7535608
>You sound very jealous
>>
>>7547372
>highlights a bunch of retarded posts with no images of toys meant for professional, actual, toy collectors such as myself
Keep moving those goalposts retard. We all Know 4H wins and you're still seething over all the fun and love it brings. No wonder you're an incel. Have sex.
>>
File: Pure autism.jpg (32 KB, 567x561)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>7547377
>he completely ignores the arguments
>he wants unrelated images of toys in argument posts
>he keep using spouting strawmen
>it's like subjectautist but dumber and argues for 4H instead of Hasbro
Congratulations anon, you're as much as bad as subjectautist, if not more.
>>
>>7547396
You're not posting any images of Mythic Legions that support your arguments. You're just a jelly poorfag that can't afford any good toys.
>>
>>7547400
My arguments doesn't need pictures, 4Hautsimu
>4H are scumbags, not only they had the insolence to make a kickstarter, despite already releasing toys of their own and even working with fricking Mattel. But also made it for mostly reused olds and they charge more than 20$ for a fucking reused mold of outdated singlejointed body. Only blind suckers defend them.
>>
>>7547405
Name five other companies producing 1/12 scale fantasy action figures.
>>
>>7547409
This is have nothing to with what I said...yeah, fuck off 4H subjectautist fella. Go back sucking you beloved company dick in your circlejerk thread.
>>
>>7547413
You love 1/12 just as much and can't accept 4H being the only company producing such based product. I weep for your Europoors and toy license tax. Cope
>>
>>7540798
>>7545254
It's been a while and I don't remember the specifics, but one of their contacts in china that they worked with tried to get away with not paying the factory they contracted, and didn't. They took the money and ran, the factory owners kept the production molds and the kickstarter company is basically left with nothing.

I think the factory guys were even threatening to release their own "KOs" of the figures if they tried to continue production elsewhere too. You could probably get more details if you asked in the KO transformers threads since I think they discussed the figures there.
>>
>>7547495
Not a “contact”; one of their own guys in the company. Spence. Who allegedly has a history of taking kickstarter/investment money and using it for things other than the advertised product. It’s why the MAAS Toys tetrajets have become vaporware, same guy, same story.
>>
>>7547599
Holy shit, I never made the connection! So the Tetrajets are scam too?! That's sucks.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.