[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Last thread: >>7504064

That weird Vintage wave with the repacks (Hoth Leia, overcoat Han, Jedi Luke, removable helmet Vader) that all have face printing tech is out.

Walmart is massively marking down their ridiculously overpriced $80 TIE fighter. Bought two for $19 myself!

Black Series 6" seems to barely be showing up.

Ehhh?
>>
Walmart's exclusive (and reasonably priced) Jabba's Palace playset is up for preorder:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-The-Vintage-Collection-Episode-VI-Return-of-the-Jedi-Jabba-s-Palace-Adventure-Set-Playset/151509537?sourceid=csebrutp15567516699795813557010090302008005&veh=cse&wmlspartner=bizratecom
>>
Vintage Wave 6 is up for pre-order at most places. The Stormtrooper seems to be 2 to a case, but even then, that's too little.
>>
>>7520867
>never ever

Thanks JJ and Rian.
>>
>>7520933
>these will never hit big box retail
>they'll all be found at Tuesday Morning for $5 in November 2020
>>
>>7521101
Very...very...very likely.
>>
>>7521101
>Dear Hasbro, please stop shipping out TVC wave 1
>WHAT'S THAT YOU GUYS WANT US TO START SHIPPING MORE TVC WAVE 1
>no hang on that's not what I said
>GLAD TO HEAR YOU LOVED TVC WAVE 1 WE'LL GET MORE OUT FOR YOU
>wait no I don't want that
>THAT'S RIGHT WE'RE GIVING FANS WHAT THEY WANT
>>
>>7521126
>we're on wave 6 already
>never saw wave 3, 4, and probably won't see 5 in stores
>>
>>7521126
The worst part is that we were actually doing fine as far as wave 1 went. When it first hit, it sold out fairly quickly at Walmarts, but hung around at Targets (I guess Target just ordered a shitload more of them) so there was an imbalance but at the same time anyone who wanted wave 1 didn't have a hard time finding it.

Then Hasbro decides to send out a shitload more for no reason, mixed in with waves 2 and 3 which for some baffling reason hit at the exact same time. So Hasbro managed to create a clusterfuck almost as bad as the 2012 TPM wave clusterfuck, which was the thing that killed TVC the first time around.

Hasbro pretty much killed the revival within a year by making the absolute dumbest choices possible. I don't buy into the idea that Hasbro is intentionally sabotaging the line but I can definitely see why people think that. They probably couldn't fuck this up any worse if they tried.
>>
File: 110166_after.png (4 KB, 110x110)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>7521077
Sure, don't blame Harrison Ford for demanding they kill Han or anything... why let facts & logic interfere with the alt-right narrative?

Stay Triggered. I bet this image triggered you the other day too, you closet furfag, as does the fact you can't afford 1:6 figures.
>>
>>7520933
What's the difference between these guys (the stormtroopers) vrs the ones coming in the new tubes?
Do they have more articulation (it couldn't be less) Or is it just the hype and packaging?
>>
>>7521236
It's a mix of Hasbro trying to best guess the future demands of the market(which is not new- this is what killed the COPS line in the 80s, underestimating the initial demand then by the time they could catch up, they'd delayed so long interest faded) and retailers specifically ordering more of a "hot item" to the point it saturates the market. Retailers have more influence on what gets made than anyone will care to admit.
>>
>>7521236
They could do far worse...
Look at whet they did with g.I.Joe marketing and distro.
Before the last line was out I was being told (during another release and their 50th ) by idiots at TRU and Walmart that "Hasbro had dropped the line"
Of course I'm in Canada and tend to get boned with this shit
>>
>>7521261
TVC is the "articulated" line which starred back around 2012 and has kept going. It became more of a dumping ground for the articulated figures and is now where they almost always go(they also ran Black Series 3 3/4" alongside it for some stupid reason, which only confused people who collect BS and expect it to be 6"- further complicated by small BS being mostly repacks or figures getting shared in both lines), while the main line is 5 POA. The tube figures are 5 POA- and yes all the 5 POA stuff is well overpriced which is why most goes on clearance.
>>
>>7521270
>they also ran Black Series 3 3/4" alongside it for some stupid reason
They didn't. Black Series didn't start until TVC ended.
>>
>>7521143
I didn't even know there was a wave 3...
>>
>>7521260
Have sex
>>
>>7521236
>it sold out fairly quickly at Walmarts, but hung around at Targets

Not even. Wave 1 hit and that shit sunk the line immediately. They piled up at Walmart and Target. I think the only saving grace was some people found the first wave on super clearance at Walmart in most places.
>>
Also, if you use Brickseek you can actually find out what price your Walmarts have the TIE Fighter at. Several of the ones closest to me are still at $40 a pop, but I found some in driving distance that were only $19.
>>
File: Dgf65YuXkAc-dqs.jpg (202 KB, 1200x900)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
Are toystore shelves ready for all those new Finns, Roses and Reys?
>>
>>7521535
I am kind of excited for white shirt and shawl Poe but he looks nothing like a Star Wars character.
>>
>>7521535
I'm not sure retail can handle more. Even if they dare put another Hux out...these characters are so unpopular, ROSS and TJ Maxx can only handle so much. And now we have Jyn and Cassians at Five Below and Dollar General en masse. How old is that bloody movie now? This is bad.
>>
Let's face it. The recent Star Wars characters don't have the same charm and appeal. Added with a massive Star Wars burnout, of course the toys won't sell.
>>
>>7521260
Delusional, possible tranny
>>
>>7521126
>FANS
there aren't any fans anymore

SJWs who want to ruin the franchise to destroy capitalism and patriarchy
right wing nazis who want to see the franchise fail to prove their nostalgia was better
autists who keep pathologically collecting toys that they don't enjoy and can never meet their standards

maybe some toddler out there likes stormtroopers and ewoks
>>
>>7520867
They all look so old
>>
>>7521960
>right wing nazis
so people with money?
>>
File: 42d.jpg (54 KB, 1024x554)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>7521960
>SJWs who want to ruin the franchise to destroy capitalism and patriarchy
the SJWs are the capitalists

>maybe some toddler out there likes stormtroopers and ewoks
i'm basically that toddler but for me it's jedi, sith, clones, droids etc prequel era characters in general. Why would I suddenly start hating star wars just because disney owns it? I can separate between disney and non-disney. The old stuff isn't retroactively ruined. The toys may have been shit lately but toys aren't everything; I bought EAfront 2 for €5 a couple of weeks ago and it's done a surprising 180° turn around since launch. It's not that bad at all and they've been adding a lot of prequel stuff to it (I believe we will be getting ahsoka, ventress & clone commandos in the future)
they also added a permanent option in the main menu to avoid disney ST garbage completely (capital supremacy mode)

no point being too negative this stuff. Maybe it helps that the last nuwars movie I saw was TFA in theatres 3-4 years ago so I've completely fallen off the outrage bandwagon.
>>
>>7521960
>right wing nazis who want to see the franchise fail to prove their nostalgia was better

>their nostalgia was better

They are better you twat.
>>
>>7521994
money is violence!
>>
>>7520867
>that image
I don't agree with this idea.

We need to stop with the call backs and references and let the story and universe grow. ... Except def not in the way Rian Johnson wants it to go.

>>7521557
same. I like the idea of more fig that can fit into a more casual setting but still look like they're ready for adventure.
>>
>Hasbro Pulse will be offering their Star Wars Celebration Exclusive Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul on May 4 at 1pm ET.

Cool. Might try for that Maul.
>>
File: 1554069513114.gif (1.85 MB, 346x267)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB GIF
>>7522194
>DISNEY KILLED STAR WARS
wtf I HATE star wars now
brb destroying my OT and PT box set and all my pre-disney comics and toys
brb uninstalling jedi academy and all my star wars video games and destroying the discs

I wish I could watch revenge of the sith or play republic commando, but I can't because Disney took it away from me
>>
>>7520867
Wait the hell is paul on about?

Supposedly there is more jabba palace sets coming and an alien 3 pack.

But then he was hinting that the license won't be renewed.
>>
>>7522339
Everyone has been thinking that the license won't be renewed with Hasbro. Them getting the Barge out and doing all these "big finale" releases are making people question. Plus they seem to not really like working with Disney.
>>
In my local toys store they discounted TLJ figurines to 60%

incredible
>>
>>7522347
When would their license run out should they not renew it?
>>
>>7522339
Paul's reports are a mix of facts and blatant clickbait so it's never a good idea to take them at face value. This is the same guy who can't make up his mind on whether TVC is an amazing success and a love letter to fans, or a horrible disaster that appeals to no one.
>>
>>7522375
End of 2020
>>
RIP Chewie. :(
>>
I wish more sith designs would take after Revan and Kylo Ren. Armor and form-fitting clothes instead of puffy plain robes. I've always hated that about the Jedi and the Ringwraiths.

>>7521960
Do people really like those furry little gaylords? I remember Fanboys (the movie) and How I Met Your Mother making a big deal out of them but I think they're a disgrace and ruined the third movie.

>>7522442
Oh shit, Chewbaca dies in Endgame too?!
>>
>>7522442
Fuck. Better go buy a Chewie figure before they get scalped to hell.
>>
>>7522442
F
>>
>>7522481
>Do people really like those furry little gaylords
Yes

I used to think they were gay but they're actually kawaii af
>>
>>7520933
which will i see on store shelves first? this or a new SOAD album?
>>
>>7521236
> wave 2 and 3 released concurrently

the wait sucked, but when i went to the aisle on that S
September day and saw some greasy employee finishing stocking them fresh off the truck, i nearly came
walking out with the full SOLO set (han enfy range trooper) and an Aphra, which ive never seen at retail since
>>
File: IMG_20190502_231026.jpg (1.42 MB, 1148x1584)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
Just got my grievous and he feels too small, I feel like he should be maybe 15% bigger all around.
>>
>>7522698
Yeah, he's a bit undersized. BS Grievous has a few issues, but I think I'd be able to forgive them if it was a regular $20 release. There's nothing about him that really justifies the $30 price, but the fact that they make you pay an extra $10 for something that's as flawed as this is just insulting.
>>
>>7522442
>>7522554
Oh fuck

I didn't both with this at first because I thought there was some leak about Chewie being killed off in 9, dude was cool as fuck too
>>
>>7522481
Ewoks are just kind of fine, Wookiees like they planned originally would have definitely been better and when they take center stage in the movies, cartoon and comics it's so fucking gay.
>>
>>7522698
can he do the hunched forward lean thing he often does in the film?
>>
Stop talking about this dead franchise.
>>
File: ojqSQ.jpg (570 KB, 2048x1362)
570 KB
570 KB JPG
>>7523243
>dead
THEN SHOW ME IT'S BODY
>>
File: IMG_20190503_103825.jpg (991 KB, 1095x1337)
991 KB
991 KB JPG
>>7523195
This is all he can do..
>>
>>7522698
Is that the Black Series?
>>
>>7523243
go away Eric
>>
File: IMG_20190503_105524.jpg (1.35 MB, 1406x1329)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>7523313
Yeah, they really fucked his arm not having a second set for the single arm. He can really bend them because it stresses the elbow joint.
>>
>>7523332
so the black series opens up his arms like the old 3.75" version and only has one set of arms

does the bandai model kit use two separate sets of arms then?
>>
File: 1553685698651.gif (595 KB, 320x180)
595 KB
595 KB GIF
>>7523263
>>
>>7522442
Fuck him, he betrayed the fans and was willing to take part in the rape of the franchise so why should we mourn him?
>>
>>7523432
>he betrayed the fans and was willing to take part in the rape of the franchise
Yeah, showing up in Revenge of the Sith was pretty stupid. That's no reason to wish ill on someone, though.
>>
>>7523358
Yes, the kits 2-arm configuration comes with relaxed hands and the 4-arm configuration with saber grip hands. The 2-arm mode can still grip sabers but it is rather clunky, obviously won't look screen-accurate and personally I wouldn't keep him like that on a shelf out of fear of breaking a finger.
Model Kit is better than Black Series but still not perfect. I would hold out for the Figuarts but it will be a real surprise when he isn't also missing something essential like the other figures.

>>7523432
It's not like any actor willingly boycotted the Disney movies except for based Wedge Episode 7.
> check Wookieepedia and even he backtracked and said he only didn't want to film it because of a scheduling conflict
>>
>>7523195
Yes, he can.

His articulation isn’t bad. You just have to be careful in places. Pre-posing the arms separated, then putting them together seems to be the best way.

The figure isn’t perfect, but he’s not as terrible as people are making him out to be. He’s basically an upscale of the Vintage Collection version, with a couple of improvements. His legs aren’t gummy plastic, and the knees are double ratchet joints. So he can balance and stand a lot better than his three inch counterpart.

My biggest problems are that his cape is too thick in certain places, and that he doesn’t have alternate hands, or wrist joints. But I wasn’t expecting those things either, that’s just me wishing.

If you want a decent Grievous figure that isn’t going to cost a gorillion dollars like the Figuarts, and that you don’t have to assemble and paint yourself like the model kit, then this one should do you well.
>>
File: coughing intensifies.jpg (321 KB, 700x624)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
>>7523465
>His legs aren’t gummy plastic, and the knees are double ratchet joints. So he can balance and stand a lot better than his three inch counterpart.
YOU FOOL

DOUBLE RATCHETED JOINTS OR NOT.. YOU MUST REALIZE..

YOU ARE

DOOMED
O
O
M
E
D
>>
My BS Grievous can't even stand because his leg joints are so loose, is anyone else's like this?
>>
>>7523465
I think the reason people are so hard on it is because it's $30. The issues would be more forgivable at the regular pricepoint, especially because there's really nothing about this figure that made it necessary to put him in a bigger box. At $20 you can overlook some imperfections, at $30 there's no excuse for the figure to have as many problems as it does.
>>
>>7523584
Nope, because I have the model kit.
>>
>>7523604
I'm just bummed about it because Hasbro could have done better with it, the battle droids are great, and fuck knows if we'll actually see the figuart. They should've done the arms differently. Period.
>>
File: 71Ydqm6jncL._SL1500_.jpg (108 KB, 1500x1219)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
this guy looks like he's going to be pretty rad. I know most don't care for soft goods on a 1:12 inch fig but it don't bother me.

could be a good alternative to the figuarts.
>>
>>7521960
Have sex
>>
May the fourth be with you
bros
>>
Gamestop has all their clearance items $25 and under marked down to $5. I ran into some wave 1 Vintage...not sure if any of them are wroth buying, but I did snag a Hoth trooper.
>>
>>7520933
How's that R1 stormie? I heard complaints about some VC stormtroopers, don't know if there one that is "definitive".
>>
>>7524094
The Walmart Mimban trooper is based on that body, and so far it seems to be pretty great. Much better legs and it has the thigh swivels.

My only complaint is we're stuck with that stupid Disney E-11 with the side sight.
>>
>>7522364
Dollar Trees recently have been getting Rogue One era figures. I keep looking, but if they hit the ones near me, some other lucky person already got them all.
>>
How is the bootleg SHF ROTJ Luke Skywalker figure?
>>
>>7524235
Just don’t. It’s awful.
>>
>>7524106
You mean it uses the mimban stormtrooper's body
>>
>>7523625
I think they've fucked up something with almost every droid somehow.

>R2 too small
>original threepio no arm joints
>ig-88 too small
>battle droids too big
>grevious too small

4-LOM is about the only one that came out decently.
>>
File: dooku's lair.jpg (742 KB, 1920x1920)
742 KB
742 KB JPG
Just finished Dooku: Jedi Lost. I really want me a Black Series Dooku now.
>>
>>7524336
How was it? Is there plenty of Sheeving?
>>
>>7524361
Sheev's actually barely in it. It doesn't actually cover Dooku joining the Sith, the backstory part pretty much ends at the point where he leaves the Jedi and becomes a count, and most of the story is about showing how and why that happens. There's a brief scene where Dooku is introduced to Senator Palpatine but it's a quick "hey nice to meet you, guess I'll see you around sometime" thing. We still don't know exactly when Sheev got his hooks into Dooku.

But one of the most interesting revelations is that [spoiler]Dooku's already kind of flirting with the dark side and figured out how to use Force lightning pretty early in his life[/spoiler]
>>
>>7524364
Shit, forgot spoilers don't work here. Well it's not a huge one anyway.
>>
File: 1550093411682.png (100 KB, 394x329)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>7524364
“What is this place?” Dooku asked after Palpatine had welcomed him into the LiMerge Building.
“An old factory. It was owned by Hego Damask, but he deeded it to me before he died.”
Dooku’s brow wrinkled. “For what purpose?”
“He thought I might have some use for it in jump-starting a plan of urban revitalization.”
Back on Coruscant for a little over a month, Palpatine was wearing a cowled cloak closed at the neck by a Sith clasp, ostensibly as protection against acid-laden rain that was falling in The Works. Dooku was dressed as a civilian, in tight-fitting trousers and a smart cape.
The former Jedi regarded the factory’s enormous main room. “No Senate Guards?”
“They’re within comm range should I need them.”
“I would have thought you at least wanted me to see your new office,” Dooku said, brushing beads of water from his shoulder. “Then I recalled what you said last time we spoke, about our not being seen together in public.”
Palpatine waved negligently. “The office is temporary. One more suited to the position is already in the planning stages.”
Side by side, they began to walk through the room. “So you’ve hooked them already,” Dooku said.
Palpatine feigned a look of innocence. “Not at all. The Appropriations Committee approached me with the idea of constructing a dome near the Senate Building that will also serve as a docking facility.”
“You appear to be very pleased with the idea.”
“Most pleased.”
>>
File: 1550094123186.jpg (15 KB, 401x367)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>7524508
Dooku stopped to study him. “Your truer nature begins to reveal itself, I think.” When Palpatine made no response, he added, “Congratulations, by the way, on Naboo’s defeat of the Trade Federation. An odd series of events, wouldn’t you agree?”
Palpatine nodded and resumed a measured pace. “Everyone involved—including me—underestimated the abilities of our Queen. It pained me to learn that Master Qui-Gon had been killed.” He paused momentarily. “Was it his death that firmed your decision to leave the Order?”
“To a degree,” Dooku said, scowling. “I’ve learned recently that another of my Padawans—Komari Vosa—is alive.”
“I hope that’s some consolation,” Palpatine started to say.
“It isn’t, as she is said to be leading the Bando Gora.” Dooku looked at him. “She could be a danger to the Republic, Supreme Chancellor.”
“Then thank you for the warning. How did the Council react to your departure?”“
Not well. They demanded more explanation than I was willing to provide.”
“And Master Sifo-Dyas?”
Dooku frowned. “He knew that my leaving was simply a matter of time. Although he did say something I found to be rather curious. He said that if I had any designs on instigating dissent, he would be one step ahead of me.”
Palpatine shook his head in confusion. “Are you planning to instigate dissent?”
Dooku smiled faintly. “My first order of business is to reclaim my title.”
“Count Dooku,” Palpatine said, assessing the sound of it. “Somehow it suits you better than Master Dooku.”
“I’m tempted to adopt a new name altogether.”
“A new beginning.”
“Perhaps I should do as you’ve done.”
“As I’ve done?” Palpatine said.“
Call myself Dooku, as you retitled yourself Palpatine.”
“I see. Well, what meaning is conveyed by a name, in any case?”
>>
File: DIHn1T2G_400x400.jpg (41 KB, 400x400)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>7524509
Again, he paused for a long moment. “I understand that Qui-Gon fell to a lightsaber.
”Dooku’s head snapped around. “The same Sith he confronted on Tatooine. The Council is hoping that Gunray can shed some light on the matter once the trial is under way.”
“I wouldn’t put much faith in that. Does the Council know anything at all?”
“Not even his Sith name,” Dooku said. “But they know that there is another.”
“How could they?”
“In theory, when the Sith went into hiding one thousand years ago, they vowed that there should be only two of them at any given time—one Master, one apprentice, through the generations.”
“Was this one who killed Qui-Gon the apprentice or the Master?”
Dooku looked at him as they walked. “My every instinct tells me that he was the apprentice. Obi-Wan suspects as much, as well, based on the Zabrak’s behavior. The Council is being more circumspect, but naturally they want the other one found.” He fell silent, then added, “The Sith deliberately revealed himself on Tatooine and on Naboo. More than disclosing their alliance with the Trade Federation, he did so to send a message to the Jedi. It amounts to a declaration of war.”
Palpatine came to a stop at a broken window that overlooked the rain-drenched Works. “How would one even begin to know where to look for this other Sith?”
>>
File: mystery niggas.jpg (210 KB, 1933x1410)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>7524511
“I’m not sure,” Dooku said, coming abreast of him. “Several crises of the past decade bear the signature of a more sinister intelligence than those who planned and perpetrated the events. Yinchorr, for example; but especially Eriadu and the assassination of the Trade Federation leadership. Clearly, certain beings have dealt with the Sith—perhaps without realizing it—and some may be dealing with the surviving one currently. Now that I’m no longer a Jedi, there may be a way for me to extract information from the crime cartels and other organizations. Eventually I will find him—or her—and with any fortune before the Jedi do.”
“To avenge the death of Master Qui-Gon,” Palpatine said, nodding, and aware that Dooku was staring at him intently.
“The thought preoccupied me for some time, but no longer.”
Palpatine turned his head slightly. “Then why seek this one?”
“Because I suspect that Naboo was only the beginning—a kind of opening salvo. The Sith want to see the Republic brought down. Much as you and I do.”
Palpatine didn’t respond for a long moment. “But to ally with a Sith…”
“For many, they are the embodiment of pure evil, but the Council knows differently. What separates a Sith from a Jedi is the way each approaches the Force. The Jedi Order has placed limits on itself, but the Sith have never shied from incorporating the power of the dark side to accomplish their goals.”
“You wish to learn the secrets of the dark side?”
“I confess that I do.”
Palpatine restrained an impulse to reveal his true identity. Dooku was strong in the Force, and might simply be attempting to draw him out. On the other hand…“Something tells me that this hidden Sith may eventually find his way to you,” he said at last.
“And if and when he or she does, I hope that the alliance you forge will help us restore order to the galaxy.
>>
>>7524508
>Hego Damask

Lego Denmark?
>>
>>7524313
No, the Mimban trooper uses it.
>>
Rumors going around:
Black Series 6" Luke ROTJ (faceprinting)
Black Series 6" Spirit of Yoda
>>
Dorkside has a case of Rogue One stormtroopers up for order.

Now...do I need 8 more Stromtroopers?
>>
>>7524508
>>7524509
>>7524511
>>7524514
>he took the time to copy and paste all of this
For what purpose?
>>
File: 1516853024535.gif (51 KB, 413x243)
51 KB
51 KB GIF
>>7524902
>For what purpose?
on the topic of count dooku

I just copypasted it from an ebook file (plagueis, james luceno)

it's one of the last sections in the epilogue
>>
>>7524937
Yes I know it's from Plagueis, but why did you paste the entire passage without context with a bunch of meme images?
>>
>>7524902
>>7524962
I think he's trying to do the "EU is better than DISNEY NUMALE BETASOYKEK" thing but he kind of botched it and it just looks like he's posting stuff for no reason.

It's disappointing because the troll is usually better about getting his point across than this.
>>
>>7524962
because I'm unhinged

>>7524966
absolutely zero trolling
>>
>>7524336
I haven't yet but Dooku and Ventress are my two most wanted TBS figures
>>
File: DSCN5146.jpg (909 KB, 1600x900)
909 KB
909 KB JPG
Anyone pick anything up for May the 4th?

I managed to score the Celebration exclusive Darth Maul, super happy about that. Unfortunately Obi-wan sold out while I was checking out, but Maul was the one I wanted most.

Also couldn't resist grabbing the Lego Tantive IV. I dislike how most of the bridge detail is done with stickers (I just know I'm going to screw them up somehow), but it still looks like a great, fun set. Will be fun to attack/escort it with my Lego starfighters. The mini-Hoth set you get as a bonus looks really cool too.

>>7524815
Thanks for the heads-up! It's definitely the best price I've seen for this guy, but like you I'm gonna have to consider whether or not I really need 'em, especially at $13 per figure.
>>
>>7525028
I thought about getting Maul and Obi-Wan, but I'm not a carded collector so I'll just wait for them to come out in regular packaging
>>
>>7525028
I don't think it counts as a May the Fourth purchase but I pre-ordered Gree since I missed out on him last time he was out
>>
>>7525028
I pre-ordered a vintage collection Stormtrooper.
>>
>>7525028
>please buy Disney merchandise!
How much cheese is the mouse giving you to shill their raped version of Star Wars?
>>
File: boba.jpg (139 KB, 300x617)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>7525028
didn't buy anything, but I started repainting my old 30th anniversary Boba Fett kek
>>
File: DSCN5301.jpg (721 KB, 900x1200)
721 KB
721 KB JPG
>>7525047
I can dig it, I already have the original release of Maul so the Celebration is definitely staying carded, hehe.

>>7525051
Totally counts! I picked my Gree up from TRU just before they went into bankruptcy. Once they announced they were closing up after they failed to reorganize, I couldn't bring myself to open Gree up.

Glad folks are getting another shot at him, and it'll give me a good excuse to open mine!

>>7525061
Did you get free shipping for that? If so, could you share the link? I've been watching Amazon hoping for a preorder of the stormtrooper so I don't have to pay shipping. Got the Assault Tank commander on preorder with 'em right now, looking forward to putting him into his tank.

>>7525134
Cool! I'm putting together a Lego speeder right now, haha.
>>
>>7525028
>that Ez8 in the background
>>
>>7525195
I'm surprised we haven't gotten more clones in the line, back in the mid-2000's Hasbro used any excuse to make a new clone, even if they had to make some up. Now we're lucky to get one a year.
>>
>>7524336
Do we finally get Dooku's first name?
>>
File: dooku geonosis ff.jpg (133 KB, 1000x742)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>7525308
Dooku is his only name. His family is House Serenno (as in the planet is literally named after them) so that's the closest thing he has to a last name. His brother gets introduced as Ramil of Serenno at one point, so I think if you absolutely needed to give a full name it'd probably just be Dooku of Serenno.

Legends had Dooku as a last name but for some reason never revealed his first name, even though several named family members appeared in the Agent of the Empire series. Incidentally a lot of stuff about Serenno from that comic is re-canonized, mainly lore and locations.
>>
File: 1475792143131.png (130 KB, 394x360)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
>>7525320
>dooku luceno eu novel NEVER EVER
:'(
>>
>>7525326
Luceno is not allowed in NuDisneyWars, he is a straight white male and thus is forbidden from ever touching Star Wars
>>
>>7525320
>Legends
Fuck you for using that term.
>>
>>7525355
>pretending to be an outraged fan
Even EU fans call it Legends, dude. Hell the biggest and most outraged group of them is Bring Back Legends.
>>
>>7525347
But Luceno's already done stuff in the Disney era. There's nothing to stop them from giving Luceno a Dooku book either, since Jedi Lost isn't even an audio book so much as an audio play and has no narration the way a book would. On top of that, the backstory ends when Dooku becomes count, so the part where he becomes a Sith and betrays Sifo-Dyas isn't there yet. If Luceno writes a Dooku novel I think that would be a better fit for his writing style since he's all about political intrigue.
>>
>>7525358
It's EU and always will be. Fuck your "legends" bullshit.
>>
File: 1311790818612.jpg (19 KB, 300x300)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>7525377
You're not fooling anyone, dude.
>>
>>7525368
it's weird how he hasn't done anything in almost 5 years though

Tarkin kind of started as an EU book too in concept so he's done like 1 disney novel. I wonder if he's bored?
>>
>>7525358
Doing a pretty shit job of it too, the ones who do object to "legends" also object to the term "EU" because they see it as being the "one true canon" rather than being an accessory to it which is the entire reason the term "Expanded Universe" was coined.
>>
>>7525382
He also did the Rogue One tie-in Catalyst, so it's been a little less than 3 years since he's done anything.
>>
File: Scribeluceno.jpg (19 KB, 277x400)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>7525347
just reread some of his bio and behind the scenes

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/James_Luceno

what a flawless being
>>
>>7525388
Expanded Universe is and always has been a thing, and it actually holds more weight than anything Disney has done up to this point.
>>
>>7525392
It's only been a thing since 1998. The term didn't exist before then and it was created specifically to separate movie-related merchandise and comic/novel-related merchandise. Then it caught on as a catch-all term for non-movie stuff, even being used in other franchises besides Star Wars.
>>
>>7525390
why is he in prison
>>
>>7525398
Don't bother, he's just shitposting. He doesn't care how any of this works.
>>
File: Daley_Luceno_Barbieri.jpg (287 KB, 1129x719)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>7525401
for dropping too many hot, obscure EU references

the story group HATES HIM

find out why
>>
File: black series rose.jpg (39 KB, 488x488)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
Hi fellow Star Wars fans! Who is your favorite character? Mine is Rose Tico, because she is a strong independent Person of Color who doesn't need no man! I'm glad we have strong woman characters like her after decades of oppression under white male characters! Please buy as many Rose action figures as you can to support our progressive agenda!
>>
>>7525411
But they hired him twice?
>>
>>7525417
Wrong numale, Disney Story Team refuses to hire him because he is too conservative and redpilled for them, only leftist tranny SJWs are allowed to work on Star Wars now
>>
Selling two Asajj Ventress ArtFX Lightsabers. They’re rare and still work, over 2 feet long. I’m selling for 600 each, or 1000 for both. Free shipping too. Email is tardigrade24@gmail.com
>>
>>7525425
Sorry faggot, nobody here is interested in your used Disney feminist shit
>>
>>7525425
kill yourself feminist trash
>>
>>7525398
And it's canon, unlike the Disney era we're being subjected to.
>>
>>7525425
Nobody wants your Disney shit, you fucking tranny
>>
>>7525425
Eat a dick, feminist shill
No true fan would ever pay any amount for gay ass Disney shit
>>
>>7525425
Disney shills will get the rope
>>
>>7525426
>>7525431
This stuff was made in 2008 man, before Disney bought them. I got them because I was a fan of Clone Wars, not because of an agenda.

I don’t even disagree with your dislike of the new direction Star Wars is taking, but I’m just selling pieces of my collection, man.
>>
>>7525437
>a-actually
No fuck off Disney shill
>>
>>7525437
Oh look the tranny thinks "she" has "her" facts straight

Clone Wars is Disney you fucking cunt, maybe if you did actual research instead of tucking in your dick all day you'd be a genuine fan

OT is the only true Star Wars
>>
>>7525437
>n-no I hate Disney too p-please buy my shit
Too late, you've been outed as a leftist tranny Disney-loving shill, now help us improve the planet by killing yourself
>>
>>7525439
Christ, man. I’m also selling the Obi Wan saber too.
Look, I bought these before Disney, and I just figured Star Wars fans would like em. I dislike the new movies, but shitposting about it and calling me a shill doesn’t fix what Disney did.
>>
>>7525442
>>7525440
I’m not a tranny, and I thought Disney bought LucasArts in 2012.
I’m also selling Obi Wan and Luke’s lightsabers too, I just want to sell them. Please stop being so paranoid.
>>
>>7525443
>>7525445
Kill yourself and leave this thread right now
>>
>>7525443
>pretending to hate Disney while begging for people to buy your Disney shit
Nobody will give you a cent, tell your kike masters that you've failed
>>
>>7525417
they HATE him but they keep him on the payroll because he's an asset they cannot afford to lose

if LFL doesn't keep him at close vicinity or keep him busy, he'll take a vacation and go travelling and go off the grid for months--maybe even for years--exploring ancient crypts and crashed ufos in 3rd world shitholes

Previously he answered only to Howard Roffman and George Lucas. Now he answers to no one. He's a loose cannon, but he gets the job done (when he feels like it)
>>
>>7525447
>>7525449
I’m not a shill, and I’m not leaving the thread. I literally just want to sell my old Star Wars stuff, same as I’m selling Marvel and Godzilla stuff.
Plus it makes no sense, why would I be a shill? This stuff hasn’t been made in a decade, none of the money would be going to Disney, and I’m not even pretending to like the new films. I just wanted to see if someone wants them.
>>
>>7525453
KILL YOURSELF AND FUCK OFF
>>
>>7525454
No. I have done nothing wrong, and I am not what you accuse me of.
I’m just seeing if anyone wants to buy some old lightsabers. They aren’t from Disney, two out of three are OT in fact.
>>
>>7525453
ignore that guy, he's clearly a bored low-energy falseflagger

nice lightsabers though I suppose. I still have my 2005 Master Replicas youngling-killer somewhere.
>>
>>7525464
I really like them, but I just need the money nowadays and they are a bit valuable. Honestly would settle for 450 each.

It’s cool that you have those, though. I’m genuinely surprised they ceased production.
>>
>>7525028
I ordered General Grievous from Barnes and Noble since they had him in stock online and on sale.
>>
>>7525425
Is it that hard to keep your feet out of the fucking picture? Way too many people do this shit when selling stuff.
>>
File: 20190504_205631.jpg (1.99 MB, 3264x2448)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
>>
>>7525638
What is she eating?
Phasma, what are you eating? What is that?
>>
>>7525652
probably a bannana or a hot dog or a simillarily shaped food.
>>
>>7525698
l-lewd...
>>
>>7525458
DUDE stop responding to him, he harasses people every day here. Obviously none of your shit is disney.
/toy/ doesn't have mods so he can spam us all day and doesn't get banned.
>>
>>7525638
cheese
>>
>>7525638
Pointless: the character
>>
>>7525028
I bought one of the star wars legends epic collection comics. It's crazy how much better/more entertaining the EU stories are compared to what Disney's shit out the past few years.
>>
>>7522054
>are the capitalists
Corporatists, learn the difference! Capitalists are for free market, Corporatists are for regulations and government intervention.
>>
Back again, I have some more Star Wars stuff, 50 each.
Also have a mint Kotobukiya Bossk statue, for 60.
Sorry for sideways photo.
>>
>>7526024
If that Bossk is still around by Friday, I may just take that sucker off your hands.
>>
>>7526052
No problem. Just email me, and I’ll notify you if it’s still here by then.
>>
>>7525939
>>7525960
y'all jealous because my Phasma is a shiny chrome and yours is just silver paint.
>>
File: 1549224561139.jpg (40 KB, 431x420)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>7526062
>implying I own a Phasma
>implying I own any disney characters

>y'all

>>folks
>>errybody
>>hun
>>chief
>>
File: 1553640684445.png (302 KB, 436x436)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
>>7526090
>not owning a phasma
>not owning any Disney star wars figs
guess youre just not a real Star Wars fan
>>
File: 1544916453021.jpg (207 KB, 1022x1769)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>7526103
I own over a hundred figures and not a single Han Solo, Luke or Leia
>>
>>7526117
A real Star Wars fan would have figures of those characters, FYI.
>>
>>7526120
not true at all necessarily

I just don't have any use for them. If I ever decide it's time to build a full OT-centric display, then I'll do it seriously and get all the characters, costumes and vehicles that I feel make up the essence of the OT for me, but until then I have no use for that stuff. A couple of individual figures would just gather dust somewhere in a box.

I've noticed that I can't just have one single character or a trio of characters--I need to have them all. So, to counter this problem I've kind of developed a habit of collecting stuff in a preplanned way, to build up themes with strong visual patterns and logic; it brings more joy to me than collecting individual characters or pieces that might not have any strong relation to each other. I love seeing an elaborate art style or aesthetic come to life in front of your eyes when you have lots of figures and machines next to each other all from the same time period/source material/artists/designers. All the shapes and colors and silhouttes need to look just right. I spend a lot of time organizing everything so my collections end up becoming installations of sorts. Not every series allows you to do this, but Star Wars is definitely one of them. It also helps that I have massive knowledge of the subject and the lore. I know what goes together with what, which characters have connections to each other and so on. I incorporate meta references as well that take place outside of the fiction--anything I can think of just as long as it makes sense.

So, even though I like stuff like KOTOR I can't buy a black series Revan figure because I don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to do with it. I would need Bastila to go with it, or at least some EU sith characters like Bane or Darth Talon. And they need to be in the same scale too. And I need some vehicles. There needs to be enough stuff to make up several shelves, otherwise I end up becoming bored and frusturated with the project feeling incomplete.
>>
>>7526178
True Star Wars fans collect OT only. Leave this place you fucking pretender.
>>
File: 1555172875617.webm (2.89 MB, 1920x1080)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>7526253
OT purism is for pretenders and jews only. Only a basedboy is excited for a millenium falcon in 2020.
>>
>>7526274
>OT purism is for pretenders
This. Most of the people you see screeching about how the OT is the only true Star Wars likely weren't even alive when the special editions came out. The people that actually grew up with the OT have pretty much moved on and very few of them are going to be found on 4chan.
>>
>>7526274
>Only a basedboy is excited for a millenium falcon in 2020.
Hell I had a hard time getting excited for it in 2015. I mean yeah it's cool to see it but at the same time I've been seeing it constantly for years. The Falcon never went anywhere.

That's why TFA fell flat for me, for someone who experiences the franchise on a constant basis to have a movie that's just two hours of "HEY REMEMBER STAR WARS? DO YOU REMEMBER IT? IT'S BACK! STAR WARS IS BACK!" it just feels empty. For me Star Wars never went anywhere, so my only response to that would be "okay but what else do you have?" and TFA had nothing else to offer.
>>
>>7526178
You can't just post this wall of text without a pic of one of your displays.

>>7526408
I feel the same way, the story was nothing and too basic for a seventh installment of a series and the visual design was more inspired in most EU works. The opinion makers pushing it all down our throats desperately claiming it to be perfect when these things can't stand on their own was just the final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>7526117
Nobody cares about the $7 you have invested in your epic Rose Tico collection
>>
>>7526274
It's like he didn't watch and see how horrible the last two movies were.
>>
>>7526120
not really
I have none of those, but I have 30+ troopers
>>
>>7526274
>>7526638
I think that guy has a legit illness this just makes me feel really bad haha lol
>>
tvc gamorrean guard when?
dash rendar when? my ig88 needs someone to fight
black series space trooper fucking when? i love playing with those hulking bastards in the 3 inch line
>>
>>7526663
>tvc gamorrean guard when?
We've gotten it twice, dude. Pay attention.
>>
>>7526663
>tvc gamorrean guard when?
I mean, you can pre-order it from almost everywhere right now.
>>
>>7526673
>>7526677
shit sorry i just realized that tvc was for the small scale line, i meant a black series reissue, i assumed that those 6 inch ones with the old styled package were also part of the tvc line. sorry for the brain fart.
nice to see that the 3inch scale one was reissued again too, though
>>
Is there a 6" ANH ceremony Luke?
>>
>>7526686
Nope. Not yet, anyway.
>>
File: IMG_0225.jpg (980 KB, 1200x1192)
980 KB
980 KB JPG
>>7526496
I really want to but I have several things WIP right now so it doesn't look just right at the moment. Not worth it. Also working on another collection atm which is even heavier WIP and puzzling.

Basically though:
>/grey/red/white republic colors vs blue/grey/white CIS colors.
>Nearly every lightsaber wielding guy from the prequels and prequel-EU and tcw and some of them in different variants (e.g tcw obi and anakin)
>every major clone trooper variant in squads of 3 (41st elite, 327th, 212th etc) with their respective commanders
>every major droid variant in squads of 3 (incl. custom RepCom droids color schemes)
>+ custom painted TVC magnaguards/grievous bodyguards to match the color schemes from ROTS: IG-101, IG-102 etc (also incidentally in CIS colors aka Blue, White, Grey)
>all the other basic shit like padme, c-3po (all gold rots version), r2d2, Jango Fett, Kaminoans, Zam Wesell, Aurra Sing etc
>also using mental gymnastics to try and incorporate 3 different versions of grievous and have it make sense but currently just have TVC and pre-cyborg.
>nearly Every Republic and CIS vehicle and most of them are deagostini miniatures with the exception of the v-wing and arc-170 and some others. Every vehicle that isn't a miniature and/or isn't available in the correct scale for 3.75" figures or looks too toyish is a model kit instead (e.g darth mauls interceptor)
>other bonus vehicles
>bonus mental gymnastics to try and maybe include boba fett and bossk and Dengar since they're in TCW)
that kind of thing. CIS and and Republic are on separate shelves and there's some basic poetry in there like ROTS vader with his 501st right next to TCW anakin since both season 1-3 anakin and Vader have similar shoulder/chest plates/armor.
I'd also like to do a full shelf of bounty hunters, but I need a realistic Cad Bane.

I took a break from it for a while so I only recently returned to where I left off from last year.
>>
>>7526854
>Disney dicklickers are more important than real fans!
>>
>>7522698
General Grevious, you're shorter than I expected
>>
>>7526888
Did someone do this?
>>
>>7527030
Who are you even yelling at?
>>
>>7526862
>>7526866
calm down tranny

why do you keep up bringing up Doom in these threads? Are you even old enough to have played them?
>>
>>7527305
now try and say that again without crying
>>
>>7527305
None of what you typed has anything to do with children's toys. You truly hate this board and belong back in >>>/pol/
>>
>don't really have room for it but kind of want to buy a bunch of the $15 big wing TIEs
>>
Haven't researched it, but due to my inability to find any Clones ever or Stormtroopers on the pegs, I have to ask why they don't make as many of those as the Reys, Jynns, or Roses? If they released a wave as heavy in Stormtroopers as Roses, then that's just printing money. When is there ever a reason not to buy Clones or Stormtroopers?
>>
Disney killed the Star Wars. Glad I sold my entire collection for stupid $.
>>
>>7528847
Because waah waah #wheresrey?
>>
>>7527347
>Unironically saying this
>>
>>7528847
Rey, Jynn, and Rose are the stars of the most recent Star Wars movies, they are everywhere now, they offer representation to the new generation of young, female, and multicultural Star Wars fans, they are beloved by media critics, of course we have to make their figures in massive quantities to keep up with the demand there’s bound to be.
Stormtroopers and Clones are just faceless cannon fodder from decades old films only a few old white males still care about. No one’s going to buy those.
>>
File: x9q0ca8saiyx.jpg (27 KB, 600x399)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>Revenge of the Sith came out 23 years ago
>>
>>7529107
14 ya goof
>>
>>7529100
Imagine the Stormtrooper army you could build if they gave them away like Rose Ticos? Nevermind that, a Clone army?
What the fuck Hasbro?
>>
>>7520867
this seems like the board to know, but I've got a darth malgus and bastilla shan I wanna get rid of but I don't know what they'd be worth if anything
>>
>>7529107
>there was no 20 year anniversary rerelease of the PT with improved CG and additional scenes
>>
>>7529546
do you not know how EBAY FUCKING WORKS
>>
>>7529565
okay, good point, follow up question, anyone interested in trading or could point me to a decent place for trading
>>
>>7520867
I wish there were a way to send feedback to the creative team behind the movies. I'm sure I have nothing unique to say to them but I really want to just fucking tell them. Put some damn armor on the sith for shit's sake. I've always hated those stupid damn poofy robes and those fugly loose clothes the force sensitives favour. "Knights of Ren". They could had put some armor and tabards on Kylo and the gang. Obi Wan looked great with an armor in the Clone Wars and Revan was nice as well.
And will someone please put power armor into the setting already! What are they afraid of, that Games Workshop might sue them?
>>
>>7529638
Too much armor looks gay though. Like ToR. You need subtle armor and these guys can't pull it off.
Kylo Ren looked at his best in TFA with the helmet and full robes. Once he lost the robes and helmet he looked like shit, and Adam Driver.
>>
>>
>>7529726
N-nani!?~~~
>>
>>7529726
I'm not sure why they made this and I'm not sure if I want it.
I guess we'll get Han as well but not wet leia and certainly not a dianoga with bendable limbs.
And if don't get them what is the point?

Saying that, the 40th anniversary Leia was trash. So why not rerelease it with photoreal tech?

Sometimes I have no idea what hasbro is doing.
>>
>>7526686
There’s rumor going around that he’ll be in a wave later this yead
>>
>>7520867
Damn.

This actually makes me want to buy the new figures and set them up in my childhood Falcon like this.
>>
>>7529726
Who the hell wants a dookie Lukie.
>>
>>7530398
>So why not rerelease it with photoreal tech?
They probably plan to, but there's a long list of shit that needs to be done with photoreal and so far it looks like they're going for earlier stuff first.
>>
File: 1550363220056.jpg (373 KB, 1800x1463)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
I apparently missed the eight hour window of availability for these fuckers. Do I have any hope of ever buying one for under $100?
>>
>>7532247
They haven't officially released JUST yet, so don't panic. They should...eventually...make it to Walmart stores too.

Maybe.
>>
File: macewinsu.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
What is the BS Battle droid like? Can he stand or is he too gummy and fragile?

What is the BS Mace Windu like? Can he do this pose?
>>
>>7532650
He's not gummy or fragile at all. He's pretty awesome, all things considered.
>>
>>7532293
IF Wal-Mart could just discard those shitty cardboard Kessel PlaySets
bitch, i aint paying money for a playset of what i did FOR FREE as a kid. what jackoff toy maker at Hasbro decided on Cardboard? the same fuckass who brought back 5 POA?
>>
>>7532656
this is good news, I was avoiding them myself because I assumed they'd be gummy and warped in package
>>
>>7526711
Pls
I need to see more
>>
>>7530398
40th Anniversary was ok for pad printing figures, the Black Series red box release had the fucked up head.
I guess they would rather use the Archive line to re-release figures from 2013-2015 before doing the more recent stuff.
>>
>>7533029
Yeah, the only downside is the hips are pretty limited in their outward movement, but the figure rocks. I was really happy with it (I bought two off Pulse).
>>
>>7532247
Just wait it out. They get restocks for the exclusives eventually on the online store. I missed the first opening for Skiff Lando, but snagged it the second time around. Same with the Mimban Stormtrooper.
>>
>>7533224
Yeah 40th Anniversary Leia was on the better end on the pre-faceprinting figures
>>
https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2019/05/10/rumor-report-more-prequel-6-black-series-figures/?fbclid=IwAR0_oFqkggEBFVywNJLQ9lzzA0LXdFMW2pX_77pmlziMLsz6f-vZ3mIreK8

Motherfuckin' Black Series Jar Jar? Yes please!
>>
>>7534340
>jar jar
Are hasbro delusional?
>>
>>7534340
I am more looking forward to the SHF, however any competition is good thing.

>>7534379
They are either genuine PT fans who want Jar Jar or ironyfags who would like to have for the sith meme.
>>
>>7534385
Or Jar Jar actually has fans. Because he does. Tards.
>>
>>7529681
I'm thinking something between the Crusader from Darkest Dungeon and Rackham's merc assassin, but with universe-appropriate armor aesthetics.

>Too much armor looks gay though
Ur gay.
>>
>>7534340
>Cheap Dooku and another clone commander

I'll take it.
>>
File: 1493156520548.jpg (212 KB, 616x653)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>7534340
>Jar Jar
>Dooku
>Bly
My body is ready
>>
>>7534340
Not that I'd say no to Bly, but there's quite a few clones who are higher on my list. It'll also be weird if he gets made but not Aayla.
>>
>>7534546
I'm gonna laugh if Hasbro ends up making a better Dooku than SHF
>>
>>7534741
It won't be too hard. Dooku is not their best work.
>>
>>7534379
Why not? I guarantee he'll sell better than Rose :)
>>
>>7534340
Bly is a really odd choice. The figures are also marked CW so he might even be the Phase 1 version which is even less in demand I presume.
Aren't there better candidates? I really want a pre TCW ARC Trooper in blue and red or at the very least Phase 1 Rex.

Good thing I haven't opened my Figuarts Dooku that arrived yesterday.

>>7534385
Thanks for the idea with the Sith cloak. I really like having alternate universe or EU characters. Maybe if I find a Jar Jar for cheap I will do that.
>>
>>7534692
>>7534852
I can sort of see the logic in Bly, since if we're going by movie clones we've already gotten the biggest ROTS ones (Cody, 501st trooper, Gree, pretty sure we got the shocktrooper too) so going down the list of clone commanders that actually did something on-screen, you're basically left with the Order 66 scene. Out of the ones left (Bly, Jag, Bacara and Neyo) Bly's color scheme is the most striking.

That or they're just throwing darts on the board. If I had to choose the next clone I'd have gone with Fives personally.
>>
Is black series Jango Fett good?
>>
>>7534907
I prefer his look to the Figuarts which according to some reviews has floppy parts and joints. The only thing I would have liked to see on the Black Series is a movable antenna and exchangeable jetpacks.
>>
>>7534907
He's not as good as boba, but still probably the best 6 inch version of the character. At least until someone makes a better version.
>>
>>7534852
Why is Bly an odd choice? His armor is one of the more unique ones, he looks awesome with the slide down visor.
>>
I got this boy for under €15 on AliExpress. I don’t think it’s a bootleg.
>>
>>7534396
I know, I am one. He is far better than the charmless CPO3.
>>
>>7535824
Nice, I am jealous.
>>
>>7535824
>I don’t think it’s a bootleg.
It is
>>
File: 1493690694750.gif (2.89 MB, 432x299)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB GIF
>>7535828
>CPO3
>>
>>7535831
If it is it’s a pretty great one, so I don’t care.
>>
>>7535844
>>
>want a good General Grievous
>TVC is $45 minimum loose and is made of gummy plastic with no peg holes so it's notorious for falling over
>Droid Factory looks a bit better but is still $30
>old ass preview figure is freakishly small
>have to settle for "secret lightsaber attack" because fuck paying high prices for 1:18

>want Dooku
>only good ones are in expensive, rare multipacks
>cloth capes all suck massively due to that "lets light shine through" material Hasbro loves
>get first version with gimmick for $8 as it's "good enough"

>want Jango Fett
>all the SA versions are too fucking purple
>all the old AOTC ones have goofy gimmicks and giant tumor lumps to work them, and the preview one is too pre-posed
>only 5 POA one is in expensive multipacks and suffers from the paints being applied off-center
>>
File: unleashedgrievous.jpg (35 KB, 322x500)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>7535947
>Grievous
I have this one and love him.
>>
File: twilight solo.jpg (38 KB, 600x600)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>7535961
Amazing Star Wars toy discussion right now.
>>
>>7535947
Anon you really suck at eBay
>>
>>7535996
I’m gonna buy Doom 4 and I’m not even a gamer.
>>
>>7535996
>However Doom 4 is openly right-leaning, the devs have openly compared immigrants to invading demons who want to murder you and they call any critic an "SJW".
nice

only played doom 1 and 2 but might pirate the new one if it's based & redpilled

>>7535998
wash your penis, tranny
>>
>>7535996
What the fuck are you even talking about? This amount of headcanon can't be healthy
>>
File: lightsaberbattle.jpg (1002 KB, 2048x1536)
1002 KB
1002 KB JPG
>>7535947
TVC Grievous
He isn't gummy, he's stood on my shelf without falling over for 9 months or so now.
I wish he had ball jointed hips and could hold the back/hunched over position like he does in the movies.

The trick is to just wait it out and not be so impatient. I found him for £30 carded.

Dooku
The best Dooku is the ROTS version, unless you can get the Evolution or Geonosis Arena version. The cape does suck but why not just replace it?
£10

Jango
I'll give you that. The LC collection is the best version but I haven't seen it in the last two years in the UK.

Also I wish hasbro would rerelease the Magnaguard again with better softgoods because mine curls up because it was in the bubble for too long.
The other figure I've been trying to find is the Super articulated Bossk. He never turns up despite pegwarming on release.
>>
File: as8eid634ea21.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
While it will never happen, I'd love some SHF Delta Squad.
>>
So who has Mace, and how is he?
>>
>>7536085
He's shit, like all SJW diversity characters
>>
>>7536085
Pretty good, especially for a Black Series.
The robe is no good.
You'd be better off with the Figuarts overall but still pretty good.
>>
>>7535996
Hate the /pol/ shitposters as much as the next guy, but you are legitimately mentally ill.
>>
Head's up, today's the release date for Target's wet 6" Luke and Stormtroooper Han! If you want either figure, better hit up Target today!
>>
>>7535961
I want to cut your dick off and facefuck you so bad, seriously.

>>m-muh muh day of the rope
Don't worry about it, you'll kill yourself long before that happens lmao
>>
>>7524553
Darth Plagueis. Hego Damask was his public identity.
>>
>>7524962
Minus the images, I think he was responding to previous posts from anons wondering when Dooku was ensnared by Palpatine.
>>
>>7525413
>>
File: 20190512_16_45_54.jpg (247 KB, 700x498)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>7535947
>droid factory
if you're talking about the 2-pack with the astromech, that's a repack from 2005, it's probably the worst grievous out there just because it's about the same height as a super battle droid kek

if you mean BD25 that's the same as TVC without the wrist swivel + no cape and slightly uglier paint)

>Dooku
other anon was correct, the original ROTS Dooku is unironically still the best one at least if we're talking straight out of the package. For a 2005 figure it holds up surprisingly well compared to most lightsaber users from the ROTS line, but we REALLY need a TVC version.

>Jango Fett
the best one is the TVC or Evolutions Fett Series but there's really no perfect 3.75" Jango imo that you can get straight out of the package (at least for my tastes). You need to do some adjustments. I took a TVC and repainted the metallic parts because I didn't feel like his armor was shiny enough. Then I swapped his westars for more detailed/crispier & less bendy ones from an older saga legends removable armor Jango and repainted them as well, then I drilled a new hole in his back right above the old one because the jetpack was sitting just a little too low compared to all the reference photos I saw. Another obvious thing I wanted to do was glue the holsters to the thighs, because the stiff plastic belt kept them hovering in mid air instead of resting on his legs. I think I also may have swapped the helmet with another one that had a slightly shorter antenna which somehow felt more screen accurate to me.

The only 3.75" Jangos with ponchos I think are TVC and removable armor Jango and they're slightly different material. TVC is a softer fabric and seems to be more accurate to the behind the scenes photos whereas the other one is a bit more stiff but also feels more like a raincoat.
>>
File: titties.jpg (321 KB, 1900x1151)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
I may have gone too far.
>>
>>7536837
it's stylistically designed to be that way
>>
This thread is a disaster
>>
>>7536938
Skywalker we're after
>>
>>7536948
But if he could be turned, to the Dark Side...
>>
>>7536955
yes, he'll be a powerful ally
>>
>>7536997
Another Dark Jedi...
>>
>>7536997
For you
>>
File: DSCN5309.jpg (1.02 MB, 1600x900)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
May 4th haul is complete!

The Tantive IV is an awesome Lego set! Looks absolutely fantastic and it's a really fun build (good set to build with other people too, since it's not particularly complex and it's super easy to divvy up). Love the minifigures (especially Leia and Capt. Antilles) and integrating a handle into the radar dish is brilliant. I gotta say though, I don't think it's really worth $200. I think $150 feels more "fair," unfortunately there's little chance of it going on sale since it's a Lego store exclusive. I do recommend picking it up if you're interested, but definitely wait for a promo of some kind (free gift, 2x VIP points etc.).

The throwback packaging for the Celebration Maul is so cool; not much to say besides that!

>>7537014
He will join us or die!
>>
File: ham.jpg (223 KB, 1300x2482)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
I think the stormie Han here is the most convincing use of photo-real on these 3inch figures.

This makes me wish they'd release a fucking regular ass ANH Han Solo with this head. When was the last time we had just regular fucking Han Solo on the pegs? The REAL Han Solo.

I went as the store opened up and apparently all but one of the figures were spoken for. Not sure how the hell that happened...but I got my figure, that's all that matters.
>>
what the hell ever happened to Multi/ Battle Packs? they made Army Building so much easier and affordable. i know the Jabba Guard one is coming out, but im talking 14 POA Troopers or Battle Droids or Geonisians or whatever. why the fuck dont they want our money for shit people would probably buy?
>>
>>7536720
No, I meant it sounds like a joke name.
>>
>>7537049
Does it have any inside spaces for the figs?

Cool Char. Gundam Vintage Collection when?
>>
Jin Saotome's been making a lot of customs of the ST Disney characters. I knew he wasn't alt-right, he's a total SJW who needs to cut the gimmick. Maybe he wants people to hate him and acts like a douche on purpose but he's 110% full of shit if he wants me to believe he's a conservative.
>>
>>7537555

Literally no one cares.
>>
>>7536837
As cheap as they are, I would've loaded up too if I collected that scale anymore.
>>
>>7535824
It’s still available.
>>
>>7537728
That was meant for >>7535829
>>
>>7537355
2016 or 2015 3inch Black Series Endor Han with trenchcoat.

>>7537383
I wish they would do battlepacks again. It takes forever to get figures that fit with one another nowadays, it actually made me not want to start collecting 6 inch at first because it would just be a collection of random characters I like chosen by the distribution gods. The backlog is finally big enough now.
Of course Multipacks still exist but only for 5POA. Black Series has some too but one or two of the figures are purposefully bad choices for custom fodder or an ultra tiny niche nobody is interested in like Crimson Stormtrooper, limegreen Siege Battalion Clone Trooper and Shadow Guard without silver Stormtrooper armor parts.
>>
>>7537355
Yeah, it turned out pretty good. I'm still not convinced that photoreal needs to be widespread at this scale, though. Stormtrooper Han and Solo Lando so far seem to be the only ones where they pulled it off well. All of the others range form okay to outright trash, even the Vader JTA was gushing about was just okay and looked kind of off.
>>
File: gmail.jpg (86 KB, 1241x524)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>7520867
>Jin is a secret SJW who buys Disney Wars

Knowing how he sucks Hasbro off is that a surprise? They're the biggest SJW toy company out there.
>>
File: DSCN5456.jpg (598 KB, 1200x900)
598 KB
598 KB JPG
>>7537513
Yea! There's a couple spots for minifigs, though none of them are truly accurate to any particular scenes from the movies.

First there's the bridge, which doesn't look anything like the few times we've seen the corvette bridge (ROTS and Rogue One), but it's a neat design for the space they had available to use.

>Cool Char.
Haha, thanks! A result of watching Gundam Origin late at night and then browsing Gundam merch, haha.
>>
File: DSCN5452.jpg (710 KB, 1200x900)
710 KB
710 KB JPG
>>7537513
Next, the mid section opens up to reveal a conference room that echoes the one seen in ROTS when Bail, Yoda, and Obi-Wan are talking about what to do with the Skywalker kids. You can keep figures in here when you close it back up, but they have to be seated.
>>
File: DSCN5441.jpg (681 KB, 1200x900)
681 KB
681 KB JPG
>>7537513
Next you can open up this storage area, though minifigs won't fit inside it. It would be neat to modify this area into a miniature hallway scene, though!
>>
File: DSCN5438.jpg (674 KB, 1200x900)
674 KB
674 KB JPG
>>7537513
Lastly, both of the docking bays double as removable escape pods (the "real" ones are accurately modeled as details on the bottom of the midsection) which have just enough room to fit C-3PO and R2.
>>
>>7539015
>>7539021
>>7539024
>>7539031
legos are for fags, no wonder you love disney shit so much
>>
>>7539015
>>7539021
>>7539024
>>7539031
You’re doing the Lord’s work, mang. Thanks for the update!
>>
File: Thinking.png (111 KB, 640x640)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
I want to create a Darth Tenebrous custom...
>>
I love that Target botched the release of the Retro figures, the Stormie Luke, and Stormie Han.
>>
>>7539106
monitoranon btfo
>>
>>7540035
Search eBay for ‘Star Wars cantina band figure’ and ‘Star Wars bith figure’. Plenty of Kenner digs up for sale to use as a base for 1:18 scale.
>>
>>7540195
yeah I can't believe they only ever made two bith figures in total
>>
>>7540209
Well to be fair there weren't a lot of significant Bith in the movies. The two we have represent pretty much the only scenes in the OT where the Bith have any kind of focus. The PT never used them as anything but background extras.
>>
File: DSCN2385.jpg (149 KB, 900x1200)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>7539179
No prob! Glad you liked it.
>>
When the FUCK are we getting the hot Asian assassin chick from episode 2?
>>
File: Clawdite.jpg (689 KB, 704x808)
689 KB
689 KB JPG
>>7540519
>hot
>>
>>7540519
>>7540542
Also, how does this look Asian?
>>
>>7540542
>>7540545
have sex
>>
>>7520870
Mines shipping tomorrow, yay
>>
>>7521960
>shits on SJWs, then proceeds to call critics of these admittedly terrible movies nazis
>>
>>7540545
I can somewhat understand why he thinks the actress was asian. Probably much harder to tell if you watched it on a smaller CRT TV of the time too.
>>
>>7540209
It is also kinda comical to think of a Sith Lord the same species as the cantina band from ANH. At least Muuns have an innately offputting appearance with their tall, skeletal frames.
>>
File: DarthTenebrous-SWI130.jpg (1.38 MB, 1280x1766)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
>>7540739
In theory it kind of fits, since the almost computer-like thought process of a Bith would actually fit pretty well for a master planner such as a Banite Sith.

But they're kind of goofy looking and even in the official art for Tenebrous you can tell the artist struggled to figure out a way to make him look intimidating
>>
>>7540746
haha to me he looks pretty intimidating.

All bith seem to look pretty similar, but one essential detail for Tenebrous would be 3 folds above the mouth instead of 2 like on the 90s figures. The "eye brows" or the brow ridge should look a bit more angular as well. Another thing that makes him look intimidating is that we can see the red lightning being reflected in his eyes which makes it look like he has red irises with white pupils. It might not be a bad idea to paint the reflection on to the eyes directly. I would probably just try with a glossy black at first though. Seems like the 1997 figure also has the gloss painted on so it will look reflective no matter the lighting conditions.

The armor and paint seem fairly straightforward.

Not sure how tall he should be though.
>>
>>7540802
I might also want to elongate the jaw a bit, probably using plastic putty and then obviously repainting the head so it all looks seamless.
>>
>>7537733
>I wish they would do battlepacks again
They had to use all available resources to meet the Rose Tico demand.
Definitely don't want another #where's hashtag
>>
>>7541035
The Rise of Skywalker or whatever it’s called will have to feature a clone army of Rose Ticos as an excuse to pack a dozen of them in a box and call it a battlepack.
>>
What are the odds we get Qui Gon Jinn rereleased with face-printing?
>>
>>7541741
We are more likely to get a shrunk down 6" version.
I wouldn't count on it for the next year but maybe after that? Hasbro sometimes surprises us.
>>
File: Average Hasbro Employee.jpg (138 KB, 2048x1856)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>7541741
this kinda made me realize that for some fucking retarded reason, 2011 was the big Phantom Menace year, not 2019 (20th anniversary). i know that the 6 inch Maul and Obi wan where on retro cardback,but the Barge and Skywalker rising are the dominant force this year. No VC shit for 1/18 fags like me?
>>
>>7542078
You mean 2012, and the reason for that was that the 3D release came out that year.
>>
>>7541809
What do you mean by shrunk down 6" version?
>>
>>7542177
was it 2012? and yeah, that was my point. they missed the target by 7 years, and now that we are here there is minimal to show for it. no new VC quigon or boss nass or Nute Gunray or anything. just a rerelease of obiwan and maul on 1999 cardbacks in 6 inch scale.
i am fine with the black sries, and have a few (fucking love the Gamorrean Guard), but star wars toys will always be 3 3/4 to me
and there is nothing to show for it
>>
File: quigon.jpg (746 KB, 1486x1486)
746 KB
746 KB JPG
>>7542180
Hasbro makes digital sculpts and then changes them so they can make both 6" and 3.75" versions of the figures.
They did Qui Gon 2 years ago in the Black series and they shrunk the sculpt down for the shitty 5poa one but if they were to release a TVC version they would probably use that.

Although saying that Revan has got a good 6" sculpt and hasbro are releasing that 2007 salt shaker shit version so who knows with hasbro.

*Jesus the Black Series looks cool with a robe.

The face sucks but in 3.75" it will probably look okay.
Photoreal rerelease when?
>>
>>7521535
>>
>>7542206
>he wants another TVC Qui-Gon
Why
After what happened last time why on earth would you want this again
>>
>>7542206
>they missed the target by 7 years
What target? TPM 3D wasn't meant to coincide with the anniversary, they were going to release all of the movies in 3D. The Disney deal stopped that.
>>
>ha ha im selling my ventress force FX sabers for 600/1000
>they're actually that fucking rare that that price is considered average

Ill just wait for Galaxy's Edge to open and scalp some on ebay from the saber shop there bros
>>
>>7521557
>>7522112
> tfw no casual Hipster outfit Rey, Rose or Holdo for Poe to go to Space!Starbucks with

I guess a Relic Hunter Rose could be customized to fit but I doubt that Hasbro will put her into the movie waves after what happened to the previous casual look characters and with her reduced screentime.
>>
File: darth_revan_big.jpg (13 KB, 235x275)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>7542216
>Although saying that Revan has got a good 6" sculpt and hasbro are releasing that 2007 salt shaker shit version so who knows with hasbro.
shit don't remind me

the 3.75" revan mask is literally based on a pic of some fan-made retexture mod they found on google images lmao, it looks nothing like the real thing.

>"Hasbro looked at the wrong source material. The canonical Revan is a brown-haired male, not a baldy. There's a mask item somewhere in the game the player can find and equip. Since no Revan mask can be worn in the game, someone took the other and skinned it to resemble Revan's somewhat. The shape of that thing was too different however, resulting in a rather wide, curved mask with a big visor. The screenshot that was included with the downloadable mod featured someone's bald main character wearing the reskinned modded mask and that's the picture Hasbro saw:"

top notch hasbro research
>>
>>7542921
Does not surprise me, the same problem arises with countless figures and items, even from other companies like Lego who seem to be provided this google imagesearch shit from Lucasfilm directly.

Like General Veers who continues to have sand blue armor instead of dark grey from the movie because the one and only set pic on Google has overexposed lighting and using one of the actual movie stills on Google or even just putting the movies DVD into your work PCs disc drive to make some screencaps from is too much to ask for.
Or Wedge with his obviously grey helmet markings in the movie that are green on the prop so every figure ever made has it in green, too.

I could kind of understand why they cheap out on the legs of that figure even if it's still scummy and they definitely have some other leg molds lying around that they could easily stick under the skirt to give him the articulation even if it's not the correct sculpt. But that they can't even bother to put in the correct mask or make a single extra optional swappable part is unforgivable after the 6 inch version.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (76 KB, 500x500)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
I had avoided this figure for a long time because I thought it was a simplified cartoon version, but I only just recently realized it's actually done in "realistic" style even though she was packed with cartoon TCW characters. She kinda looks like Talzin but she's actually based on old TPM sith witch concept art or something and was meant to be part of a cancelled comic pack and paired with another realistic figure. Later on Hasbro just pretended she was talzin and threw her in a multipack with Maul and Savage. Looks like a cool figure actually, can serve double-duty as a realistic interpretation of Talzin and as a cool concept Sith villain.
>>
>>7542364
i dont really. it was the first eample that popped into my mind when i think Episode 1. to me, he is just another jedi figure. im more looking for a Boss Nass or Gunray or even Subulba or watto. some cool alien designs
>>
Hey Anons, i got the StormHan figure(go to the menswear area of target on the Father`s Day display, mine had full pegs) and the figure is great, but i have one question

there is a holster for the blaster on the back of the figure, and im wondering what is the best way to insert it? the holster is very flat out of the package, so is there some sort of hot water trick i can do to fix it? thanks
>>
>>7543615
I don't think it's designed for that particular E-11 Blaster. More the older thinner ones and I don't think those fit in well or at all either.
>>
>>7543647
thanks for the advice, however, i just tried it and it actually looks worse, and the iron sight on the end is bigger and was harder to put in. gotta love how they didnt even test it before going to market. just take the old figure and slap a new gun and cardback on it
>But mah Face printing techamachology!
i dont know if its just my figure, but he looks like Spike Speigle and Steven Tyler hate fucked the young Han and had an incest baby.
>>
>>7542921
What I find funny about the Revan re-issue is that it's a great example of Hasbro's ability to listen to fans. The 2007 release was hard to find and fans started asking for a reissue almost immediately. So Hasbro listened! That Revan reissue you wanted is finally happening! 12 fucking years later. Good job Hasbro, glad to see you know exactly what the fans want.
>>
Oh for fuck's sake

Has anyone else's Walmart suddenly gotten more of TVC wave 1? My local store had Snokes, Jyns and Hans for months, now suddenly I see Kylo, FO stormtrooper, Rey and more fucking Snokes and Jyns. Tell me this is some crazy one-off and they're not STILL shipping fucking wave 1 in May 2019.
>>
File: Penance.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>7543713
same here in Florida. every restock is Wave 1, and the most i see in the way of progress is a box on top of a shelf with a single Enfy Nest. most Wal-Marts are either in the rut still or have massively reduced the section down to the Tube figures and lightsabers.
man, i hate to say it, especially because i posted that long winded speech about still being a brick and mortar collector in 2019 a couple of threads back, but ive pretty much moved on to online retailers. Wal-Mart in Florida is pretty much fucked at this point, and i hoped Target would wise up seeing as they have an exclusive figure (which is surprisingly plentiful), but that seems to also be fucked

Stay strong fellow B&M Anons, and may the fire that drives your heart never go out
>>
>>7543713
>>7543964
It's not even just Star Wars. Hasbro for some completely idiotic reason recently started shipping more cases of the second Marvel Legends Infinity War wave from last year, even as several stores are STILL plagued by pegwarmers from the last time those waves hit. It's made worse by the fact that there's a pileup right now where several waves are hitting at once and some stores won't see any of them because on top of having only certain waves arriving, they have to compete with more pegwarmers having been thrown back into the mix for absolutely no reason. Is Hasbro TRYING to kill off its own toy lines?
>>
>>7543701
has hasbro ever talked about this TVC revan? Any collector communities asked them about it, like what the deal is? I thought they were active on social media
>>
File: 20190517_000834.jpg (2.32 MB, 1440x2560)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
Got this funky fella cheap as my second Black Series figure. Still waiting for Momaw Nadon to be made or ROTJ Luke to be rereleased.
>>
>>7544782
I hope the Figuarts version doesn't take much longer, I think Figuarts Lando would look fantastic.
>>
New thread?
>>
>>7545162
New Thread
>>7545518

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.