[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 95 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: SOCDXV.jpg (96 KB, 706x960)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
i just want to talk about bandai's chogokin line and sublines
pic is prototype of soul of chogokin dairugger
>>
I'm excited for this, but I really wish they'd do more Brave stuff.
>>
File: IMG_5243.jpg (75 KB, 701x800)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>7512189
>this was shown once in 2012
SRC sure has gone the way of the dodo
>>
File: SRC-Big-O_1351482349.jpg (193 KB, 853x1280)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>October 2012
>>
File: 17100108.jpg (352 KB, 553x904)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
>>7516377
I gave up hope on this ever being released and shelled out the big bucks for the SoC anniversary reissue. Cost over $300 after shipping and to this day I regret nothing.
>>
I wish I could afford those.
>>
>>7516915
I'm still kinda pissed I bought the OG version and then this cames out; wither way I bought the Max gokin which looks a little better despite lack of accessories and has a Big Duo/Fau to scale with him.
>>
>>7517685
God I want the Max Gokin, it looks fucking amazing. Shame it's like £350 or something stupid.
>>
>>7512277
>>7516377
Thanks for reminding me SRC had a Godannar prototype that'll never be released. Only other options for Godannar is the expensive Max Gokin or the Studio Half Eye, and I have a feeling I'd need to sell more than one kidney for those.
>>
>>7517699
Fuck, I would have been fine with a noncombining SRC Godannar Neo Okusaer. Why did bandai stop putting out SRCs in general? Did they realize they put out too many mazingers and stop?
>>
>>7517695
I found it at Mandarake for about the same price the Soc with exapansion set would've been, but that was (already, christ time flies) 3 years ago so our mileage may vary.
>>
>>7517706
>Why did bandai stop putting out SRCs in general?

Multiple reasons, probably:
They started as a somewhat cheap alternative to SOCs but in the end basically became almost as expensive as them and undesirable for the initial target audience.
Giant Robo was like 12000-13000Yen on release and the SRC of Big O would've without a doubt been around the same.
You know what else had that price? The Big O SOC that was released only two/three years earlier.

Then there's the rather shoddy quality on a lot of them, especially with the joints.
From my personal experience, God Raideen is a joke with some absolutely baffling engineering (the way the hands and weapons are attached onto the forearms - Jesus Christ), Dendoh's waist is floppy as fuck, Sol Aquarion's intricate joints result in the green vector limbs being way too delicate and fragile (same problem as God Raideen's forearms) to the point that they didn't even try to attempt the same with Aquarion Evol, Dai-Guard's shoulder joints become saggy after a while and can't properly support its large weaponry, etc.

And finally, tons of them simply shelfwarmed hard like God Sigma, Evol, God Raideen and the gazillion Mazinger repaints.
>>
>>7517706
>Why did bandai stop putting out SRCs in general? Did they realize they put out too many mazingers and stop?
The 1000 variants of Mazinger Z and Getter 1 with no side characters likely stopped selling when people decided they had too many fucking Mazinger Zs and Getter 1s.
>>
>>7517776
>And finally, tons of them simply shelfwarmed hard like God Sigma, Evol, God Raideen and the gazillion Mazinger repaints.
I picked up God Sigma a convention for $35 not too long after it was released. For that price it is nice, but there's no way in hell it was worth the $60 or so it cost at retail when it first came out. With few accesories and barely any metal it's no wonder it shelfwarmed like it did.
>>
File: Volspina - Slave On!.webm (2.94 MB, 1280x720)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>7517706
My love of sexy robots has me wanting most of the GoDannar mechs.
>>
>>7517715
I lucked out on both the SoC and Max Gokin. HLJ had original SoC on sale for $90 and I wound up with a brand-new Max for under $400... and I still bought the repaint of the SoC and the original accessory set for a decent price... I have a problem.
>>
>>7517776
>Then there's the rather shoddy quality on a lot of them, especially with the joints.

Really hated this, most of my SRCs are fucked up and useless now, they're not even worth the guilt and embarrassment of offloading them on some dumbass on ebay.
>>
>>7512187
That combined robot looks so fucking bad
>>
File: 129239.jpg (135 KB, 600x800)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>never ever
>>
>>7518219
I built the resin kits for those two but it still doesn't fill the void since resin kits aren't meant to be posed so often and the final build ends up with limited articulation. feels bad man
>>
>>7517776
I only have SRC J-decker and Might Gaine. J-decker's skirt flap broke and I noticed how thin it's joint actually was. I ended up super glueing it.
>>
>>7519944
I also had the skirt break on my J-Decker
>>
>>7517776
>>7518197
>>7519944
>>7519987
Anyone else got the odd problem of certain metallic colors on them fading?
Dendoh's golden vents and head detail, Dai-Guard's head crest, God Raideen's blue helmet pieces - all of them faded into silver over time while the rest stayed the same and even the gold parts of God Raideen are still as vibrant as before.
They weren't even exposed to direct sunlight or anything.
>>
>>7520055
how long have you had them for, I've only had mine for like less than a year or so.
>>
>>7520055
Were those parts soft PVC or hard plastic? In my experience I noticed color fading is really common for PVC painted in metallic colors. Might have something to do with the plasticizers reacting with the paint.
>>
>>7518219
Bandai could've just made them web exclusives... but noooooo.
>>
>>7521416
Bandai being Bandai. They aren't an easy color/accessory change like FuRyu and RaiRyu and even in this case they went full jew and couldn't even be bothered to give them new accurate faceplates (the chinese Ryus have jaw guards).
>>
>>7512187
Look's "ok" for me but those hands need to be worked on, I hope this is an early prototype and not anywhere near the final product
>>
>>7520888
They're the initial releases so a bit on the older side.
>checks release dates
>2010 and 2011
Oh, you gotta be kidding me.

>>7521412
Pretty much every material.
PVC for Dai-Guard, ABS for God Reideen and metal for Dendoh.
>>
>>7521585
the photographer definitely chose to have the bot in the stiffest pose, but yeah the hands are stupid big. They're too big even for the land team combination. Maybe we were spoiled because of golion and the fact that the first time we saw it was when it was finalized.
>>
I have five SRC.

Daizyujin- My first and really the best. Solid, excellent articulation, nice amount of metal for the price.

Shin Getter- Looks nice and fairly fun EXCEPT for the floppy as shit hip joints.

Zeorymer-Really nice and underrated.

Getter Robo-Nice articulation but could have use more metal for the price.

God Sigma- Great articulation and similar in build to the Daijyujin but I don't like the lower arms come off too easily. Also the metal content is low for what they were originally charging.
>>
I only have SRC Getter-1. I like it, but to be honest I wish the properties SRC handled (or would handle) were incorporated into RD. Maybe then we'd actually get figures and I'm not in love with diecast anyway. The fact >>7516377 will never happen breaks my heart.
>>
>>7522595
I got God sigma super cheap so I won't complain. Very decent but I feel bad for those who paid full price.
>>
>>7522597
I'm personally a sucker for diecast but for SRC, the size and build of the figure really doesn't make me crazy for the metal content in them.
>>
Is this unlicensed Voltron an original or a KO of something?
>>
>>7523249
POs just went up on Chinese sites

Maker is "Chong Ran"
32cm, ABS+Diecast, coming in Q4 2019
>>
>>7522595
>I don't like the lower arms come off too easily
I never understood what the hell they were going for with that gimmick, anyway.
You could only switch the arms and backpack around and sometimes the latter wouldn't even fit on other figures.
Not to mention that this line wasn't really competing with Revoltech figures or anything.
>>
>>7523268
It was cool for rocket punch effects and stuff
>>
>>7523253
I think it's their own design. The Titan power one was a stolen design from a Korean artist
>>
>>7522997
I don't hate diecast -- and it doesn't seem like much of a hindrance with Getter-1 -- but given the SRC line's prices and the paucity of accessories I just don't think the line justifies its existence. I'd much rather see Robot Damashii versions of Getter and Mazinger figures. Especially since SRC is dead anyway; it's not like it would come at the cost of canceling a lot of stuff in the works.
>>
File: Big O SoC.jpg (3.06 MB, 3024x4032)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB JPG
>>7516915
Just got one and it arrived today, super excited to finally have it.
>>
>>7523349
Yeah I get that. I don't touch robot damashii, but I agree, a lot of SRCs would be way better as RDs instead.

>>7523620
I'm thinking of buying this from someone selling it locally desu
>>
Just picked up SoC GaoGaiGar and now my mind is begging the question.

Is the Goldymarg/Goldion Hammer add on any good? The prices I see it going for seem a little absurd for what it is but GGG feels incomplete without his best signature weapon.
>>
>>7524699
It's big and very unwieldy. You probably can't really pose GGG too well with it, since it usually needs a stand to be held up. Goldy himself feels a bit basic for what he is (gaps on his legs, no attempt at real advanced articulation).

With that said though, I really dig the set and I'm glad I have it. Though your mileage may if you can't get it for around the original price.
>>
>>7524718
Found it for $150 ish and pulled the trigger. Now to wait
>>
>>7523620
>Just got one and it arrived today, super excited to finally have it.
What detail features does this have? love Big O design but wary on what to buy
>>
>>7526715
It comes with basically every possible accessory you could fit in for a Big O figure. The anchor chains, swappable cannon arms, swappable chest cannons, energy beam effect parts, and Roger Smith's car with a spot to place it on the stand, and a compartment inside the feet to store it like in the show.

It's essentially the original figure and the expansion set in one box with a new more brushed metal finish and a more anime accurate color scheme.
>>
File: 12-6.jpg (218 KB, 553x553)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>7526722
And comparing it directly to the original SoC release on the left.
>>
Are there no SoC(s) for Gurren Lagann? I really want a fully transformable one but the Studio HalfEye Gurren Lagann is just too expensive for me.
>>
>>7526747
not really, the only official one from bandai was under the super robot chogokin line but the proportions didn't appeal to everyone. If it helps you feel better, the half-eye one is way too big compared to other robot figures, has less than stellar articulation and several parts on it feel pretty brittle
>>
File: Comparison 1.jpg (431 KB, 965x770)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
>>7526753
I wouldn't say it's way too big, but it is kinda in its own class.
>>
>>7522595
>nice amount of metal for the price
You do know that diecast parts are actually cheaper to produce than plastic ones, right?
>>
File: Grand Charion.jpg (134 KB, 1920x1080)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
You knoe who needs a Chogokin?
>>
File: 547568.jpg (98 KB, 884x802)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>7527401
Might Gaine already has a Super Robot Chogokin, anon.
>>
>>7526722
>What detail features does this have? love Big O design but wary on what to buy
>>7526722
>It's essentially the original figure and the expansion set in one box with a new more brushed metal finish and a more anime accurate color scheme.
Thanks anon
>>
>>7527609
Just checked some prices, daaaamn expensive $385 @ bbts
>>
Since SRC is dead and SOC FA is taking it's place, which FA are you guys looking forward to
>>
>>7527934
Lowest I found are on Nippon-Yasan and ebay sitting below $360, shipping included.
>>
>>7527934
It was a P-Bandai exclusive, and a niche one at that, you're likely not gonna find anything lower than >>7529238
>>
>>7529238
>Lowest I found are on Nippon-Yasan and ebay sitting below $360, shipping included.
>>7529557
>It was a P-Bandai exclusive, and a niche one at that, you're likely not gonna find anything lower than >>7529238
Ik, ik....i get why the price but for now its just out of my reach $ wise but good to know about the details of the features (thanks again anons), i wonder if it would be "cheaper" if bought in Japan as I plan to visit in a year
>>
>>7527401
I really expected a SRC for it. Sadly it was never released.
>>
>>7529222
The already showed Ideon (also Alan Moriguchi posted on Twitter a pic, so it means it is still in the making and not cancelled as of now), plus I would love Gravion, Godannar, Big O (previously announced as an SRC), and a Final Dancouga. Even if I love it, I don't see any chance of something OG related (but Ialdabaoth and Compatikaiser would look great in this line).
And for what concerns the SOC Dynamic Classic I would love a Gaiking in the same style, and an SRX SOC, maybe for the 30th anniversary
>>
My local weeb hobby store is selling SOC megazord for like $350 is he really worth that much
>>
Are Metal-builds just generally superior to SoCs?
>>
>>7531948
Depends, IIRC they're usually drastic redesigns so YMMV on aesthetics. Quality is usually on par IIRC. I totally want the Unit 01 they did.
>>
>>7531946
$300 is a reasonable cutoff. Anything more is a bit much even for the overblown prices we've been getting.
>>
>ywn get a chogokin loving girlfriend with a ridiculously large collection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlUQGUNbEF8
>>
>>7531946
Shit no. He's not worth more than $200-250 shop around online.
>>
>>7532551
>>7534992
The the most I know about megazord wasnt as beloved compared to Voltron and I did get Voltron from the same shop years ago for like $350 including tax
>>
>>7534959
>she speaks Spanish
I should've expeced this
>>
>>7534992
This, as a soul of chogokin the megazord is pretty weak. He only has perfect transformation hands and no other dynamic options, the knees can and will get weak over time due to the diecast, it doesnt have a chogokin base like other SoC releases, articulation is somewhat basic due to zord kibble blocking some joint's range of movement.
>>
>>7535182
Does she do it later? Because she's speaking Italian so far.
>>
>>7535204
I don't speak either so they sound similar to me, but in hindsight, her being Italian makes a lot more sense because Italy actually got like all of these shows so they're nowhere near as obscure as they would be in Spanish speaking countries, let alone the US.
>>
>>7530129
I have a GRavion I am selling.
jeephound@gmail.com
>>
>>7535186
>This, as a soul of chogokin the megazord is pretty weak
Exactly. This is what the legacy megazord should have been instead of a re-release of the updated megazord with paint and diecast tossed on.
>>7535106
see my post above and the anon I quoted post. $350 for voltron on the other hand was moderately acceptable slowpoke tax considering how much he goes for now and the very limited reissue pre order drying up in the blink of an eye.
>>
>>7536125
Yeah I'm really glad I got Voltron before his prices skyrocketed. The shop usually sells stuff a bit higher than they are from online retailers I guess to compensate for the shipping prices, but I managed to get a few SOCs from there like Daltanious and Gaogaigar for pretty fair prices, and I really love them. But it is really upsetting to hear that megazord is that disappointing.
>>
>>7536224
it was a real let down considering the hype bandai built up for it before its release. The dragonzord made things worse to a degree because all of the combinations with the SoC have issues standing.
>>
File: super robot shelf.jpg (3.37 MB, 4032x3024)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB JPG
>>7524718
>>7525571
Well I have it and he's decent. Nowhere near the same quality as the main figure but I wasn't expecting him to be.

But oh lawd he big. Just barely enough clearance to fit in the detolf
>>
File: super robot shelf (2).jpg (2.29 MB, 3024x4032)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB JPG
>>7536696
>Phone photo posted in discord chat and then saved to computer
>Still turns sideways on 4chan.

Fucking... why
>>
>>7535211
I am not interested in the Metamor Force series, thanks. I like the FA exactly because it comes with already combined mechs (that's why I doubt a Big O will be relesed in this subline, they will go for combined mechs)
>>
>>7529222
Already preordered Zambot and would love to see a Bismark, Danguard or Daikengo.

>>7536731
Big O also isn't exactly the mech that belongs into a super posable subline.
>>
>>7536739
>Danguard
Isn't the existing Danguard pretty posable already as it is? I thought the whole point of FA was to take old SOCs that were essentially bricks and turn them into glorified SRCs
>>
>>7536229
Seems like they had a different team develop the megazord rather than the usual SOC engineers hence the glaring issues
>>
>>7536697
>Keeping the fragile sticker on

oof I've been guilty of this too so its a sympathetic oof.
>>
>>7537368
Honestly it's just a pain in the ass to try and get off cleanly
>>
File: 10552336a.jpg (158 KB, 983x1200)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>Soul of Chogokin GX-82 Invincible Steel Man Daitarn 3 F.A.

on sale at Hobbysearch for 8400 yen

i have no SoC figures. Is this one worth it?
>>
>>7537936
If you can deal with the fact that he can't do his iconic Sun Attack pose then yes.

Seriously, what the fuck is going on with those elbows?
They can only bend by 90° despite looking like they were designed to go much further.
>>
>>7537941

thanks, I dont know the character at all, but the design looks good (downloading the show now). I figured this was an affordable way to experience a decent SoC figure.
>>
>>7537941
wtf is even the point then
>>
>>7537364
Actually now that I'm reading the official tamashi page for megazord that's exactly it. They got the guys who designed the original toys to work on the SOC and that explains a lot.
>>
>>7537941
Yeah it looks like they fucked up. Should had some sort of panel on the lower arm so it could get the full range
>>
>>7538239
I think it's funny that this was supposed to be a superior SRC replacement but they still do this
>>
File: IMG_20190515_170035.jpg (2.95 MB, 4032x3024)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB JPG
>>7537936
>>7537941
>>7538239
>>7540964
Daitarn does actually have a double jointed elbow, it's just the bit on the upper arm covers the first part of the joint for some bizarre reason.
>>
>>7541117
And even then, the upper joint doesn't move particularly far (maybe the metal on metal connection is too stiff?) so you still end up with only 90°.
>>
File: IMG_20190515_193509.jpg (2.45 MB, 4032x3024)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB JPG
>>7541147
It's a little more than 90°, but yeah. You lose most that with the upper arm cover too. Still a really strange decision for the fancy super articulate line. Really wished his wings had joints on them too, get a little more dynamic with poses.
>>
So I take it that the FA line isn't selling as well as expected
>>
>>7543751
It's probably selling as expected.
The reason you don't get dozens of figures per year is that they're still part of the Soul of Chogokin line instead of their own spin-off so they take their dear time for the releases.
Zambot doesn't come out until August and Combattler hasn't even gotten any real previews yet, AFAIK.
>>
>>7523249
>>7523253
Interesting. Reminds me a bit of Zoids.
>>
>>7526903
oh! thanks for this scale pic. i have the SHE GL in a box and wondered if it would be a good gateway into getting a bunch of other super robots i like.

maybe not, heh.
>>
File: 10563968b3.jpg (140 KB, 844x1200)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
Anyone got the Mini Gokin Dai Apolon from Art Storm?
I have no fucking clue how to attach the Apolon Saucer onto the chest since the clear part doesn't seem to fit into rotating emblem area at all.
>>
bump
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>7537936
For that price and for the SoC quality I think it's worth it.
Not a big fan of Daitarn but I did order one because I'm a Zambot fan and the two of them will look great together.
>>
Gunbuster FA when?
>>
>>7553228
>More expensive than golion
At least it's too different from golion for people to compare it 1:1 like they did with megazord
>>
>>7530129
they showed src ideon?? where??
>>
File: 10-25.jpg (105 KB, 1200x600)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>7554638
Ideon FA.
Even though it's one of my favorites and I can't afford the older release so I'll immediately order this new one when available, it's not the best choice for the FA line.

Notice how pretty much everyone has a cool dynamic pose and the best they could think for him is that "I'm so powerful' stance.
>>
>>7554683
great, i'll definitely get this one. i love the hell out of ideon. I have ideon soc on my shelf, but it didn't stay so long. the reason why, is simply because im not really a fan of it. it was way too loose imo. the loose-ness of it keep bothering me everytime i posing him for some photoshoot. yeah i can manage to stabilize him, but the process while doing it really bother me so much. so yeah, i ended up sell the stuff afterwards.

gotta save my wallet for this guy, cause getter emperor soc drained me a good amount of money.
>>
>>7554724
Wasn't there also an issue with one of ideons joints being cracked even after coming right out of the box
>>
>>7518085
*sighs*
*unzips*
>>
>>7553233
PO opens June 3
>>
got him for $135 US this weekend
>>
File: 1559072861348-1334297024.jpg (1.29 MB, 2560x1536)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
>>7537936
Just got it today. Looks nice.
It's smaller than a normal SoC, my super old Combattler is bigger.

By the way, how do I operate those stands? I fixed it and now I don't know how to make it loose again.
>>
File: img_05.jpg (432 KB, 900x1049)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
The HI-METAL R Blader figure from Techno Police 21C is dirt cheap these days and oh so damn worth it.
It feels like the designers thought "This might be the only time we're ever gonna make a new fig of this character in the next decades so let's make it the best figure it could be".
Posability is insane to the point where even the neck alone has four points of articualtion and all the thrusters are movable and it just looks and feels great.
Only issue is the metal content that is mostly limited to the feet and hips.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-036222
>>
Amiami was slow as shit but after half an hour I got dairugger preordered
>>
>>7512277
Bandai makes some retarded choices, they have shown off so much shit I've wanted only to never release it or end the line shortly after.

Also they have gotten super sloppy with the Chogokins lately. Feel like GaoGaiGar needed another few months of development and Goldymarg was clearly an afterthought that needed longer in the oven as well.

Megazord is nice but honestly feels similar, like they rushed the main bot out or didn't expect the number of sales they got and then tossed out the Dragon Zord and Titanus in a half assed manner along side a base figure that couldn't support all the weight and couldn't connect properly.

Still high quality stuff, but all of the "Expansion" units that add to the main figures seem absolute ass lately.
>>
>>7520055
My first wave Mazinger and Great Mazinger accessories did that, the swords primarily. They looked absolutely terrible when I pulled them out of their boxes after being in there for a couple years.

Mind you, they were in a cool climate controlled area in their original packaging barely touched. I lacked the room for display for a while and then got new cases.

Then I get them out and half the accessories looked fucked.

Not to mention their joints failed over time way worse than any plastic fig I've owned.
>>
Thoughts on Dynamite Action!
>>
>>7576838
>GaoGaiGar needed another few months of development
my only real complaints with gaogaigar was that they def needed more development with how some of his joints quickly got worn down by the weight of diecast. I'm fine with his articulation, but yeah Goldymarg is an extremely glaring entry.
Megazord has an actual explanation in which they had his original toy designer make the SOC. And that was the biggest mistake since a guy that has worked with plastic kids toy clearly does not know how to engineer high end diecast collectibles.
>>
>>7577119
>Megazord has an actual explanation in which they had his original toy designer make the SOC. And that was the biggest mistake since a guy that has worked with plastic kids toy clearly does not know how to engineer high end diecast collectibles.
This meme needs to die. Tsuyoshi Nonaka has been involved with the SOC line since its inception, as far back as the GX-01 Mazinger. Not excusing the quality of the finished product, but this explanation makes no goddamn sense, as if he never worked on diecast toys before when he definitely has.
>>
>>7576838
What’s wrong my with Gaogaigar? I admit I don’t have the most experience with chogokinins but that seems like one of the better ones, especially considering how it’s a transforming and combining figure. Older Chogokin I handled before that felt solid initially but janky when handled
>>
>>7529878

Honestly I tried to do this in Japan as well. You'll find that prices online are actually the same or even cheaper than the ones being sold in Japan's brick and mortar shops/toy stalls. The only place where you can potentially save is shipping.
>>
>>7577119
That's the main issue I have is they figure didn't seem like it was designed with any sort of care in the joints primarily. The joints all wear loose pretty fast and barely function in a lot of areas after combined and limit posing options. Then you toss in Goldymarg and it's painfully obvious he wasn't planned for, or they didn't have time to include a arm or joint locking gimmick on GauGaiGar to support it.

The individual elements that make up the whole otherwise are solid, the other main beef is with Stealth Gao and the GauGaiGar helmet.

Why they had to make it so the vents on the engines had to be removable caps on Stealth Gao is beyond me. It was nearly a perfect transformation besides that.

Best solution that would not have complicated to the design much would have been to make it so the vents were attached to the wings on a arm or hinge to slide them out of the way. But remain part of the whole during the entire process.

The helmet just really needs either panel lines and/or two shades of white on the mouth honestly. Under certain lighting it can look real bad because of the head being very large chunks of limited colors. It looks cheap sometimes to be blunt.
>>
>>7577150
it's bullshit, GGG SOC is great
>>
>>7577281
>Then you toss in Goldymarg and it's painfully obvious he wasn't planned for, or they didn't have time to include a arm or joint locking gimmick on GauGaiGar to support it.
Wrong. The Marg Hand/Goldion Hammer combo is limited by its design in itself. There's no fucking way to make a toy out of it and expect it to be stable without some kind of support base. It doesn't matter if it was designed with that combination in mind or not, you're still attaching a giant forearm and hammer. The old DX toy had exactly the same problems and it didn't even have diecast. As a physical object it's always going to be unstable and cumbersome, there's no way around it.
>>
>>7577146
The official Bandai resources including megazord's special page at https://tamashii.jp/special/daizyujin/en/index.html made a huge emphasis on Nonaka's involvement though, even stating that he rejoined Bandai for the project as he left the company to do freelance work. But I really don't know how the structure really is for the teams working on SOC.
Either way, it's extremely clear that there is something wrong with the team that developed Megazord for making glaring issues (bad stability, no locks, etc) that aren't present for simpler combiners from earlier releases.
>>
>>7576884
The whole line feels like it was only made to pull money out of nostalgia-fag pockets.
If it wasn't for the nice sculpting work it might be one of the worst toylines in recent times.
>>
>>7568708
Rip Scanny
>>
File: albecrap.jpg (199 KB, 980x728)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>7576884
Evolution Toys have never and WILL never make a toy that could be considered even adequate - everything is just shit.

Dynamite Action? Wobbly, overpriced junk with a gimmick that brings more issues than benefits and was already better done by other companies like HL Pro.
Their Legioss? A gigantic blunder.
Their VF-2SS Valkyrie II? Garbage that is years behind current toy technology, with plastic and manufacturing you'd expect from a dollar store toy and that got BTFO'd by Bandai shortly later.

The first impressions for their latest offering, the Future Quest Albegas, are already a sight to see.
>>
File: albecrap2.jpg (514 KB, 625x1747)
514 KB
514 KB JPG
>>7578084
There's also some false advertising going on with the boxart that depicts the metal parts on the sides as painted but on the final product they are blank.
>>
File: albecrap3.jpg (135 KB, 1298x525)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>7578102
Those were blank ever since they first showed the figure and ET even provided some explanation for why they are this way.
Why no one at their design team thought about providing colored/painted plastic plates that clip over those parts to cover them up is anybody's guess.
>>
File: 00700TPO_5_2048x.jpg (41 KB, 800x496)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>7578084
>>7578102
>>7578115
In other words: get the EM Gokin.
>>
>>7512187
?
>>
File: 030620190701.jpg (186 KB, 600x731)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
I know this is the SUPA ALLOY thread, but thoughts on these? 15cm plastic figures that gattai, by Action Toys
>>
File: 030620190601.jpg (203 KB, 600x766)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
I can't tell how much of it is partsforming.
>>
File: 030620190501.jpg (169 KB, 600x766)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
Probably as much as the SOC for Daimos?
>>
>>7579466
>Probably as much as the SOC for Daimos?
Not even remotely.
Those fellas are only like 30-35 bucks each.

As for their quality, if they're going to be anything like their Dai-Apolon Mini Gokin then expect some competently made figures that are worth their money - nothing mind-blowing but nothing like>>7578084, either.
>>
As for partsforming, at least Daimos seems to feature some for its transformation while Combattler almost looks like a downscaled and redesigned version of the SoC.
>>
File: NM05.jpg (178 KB, 676x1200)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>7579593
>>
>>7537364
Additionally they had to do design decisions to cut Cost to offset the Saban tax t o release in the u.s.
>>
Soul of chogokin gurren lagann when? There's so much money left on the table here, the only company that's even come close to doing this is Konami with the Great Impact Series.
>>
Uh oh I just stumbled upon a random expensive thing I might want...
https://youtu.be/XP-77BXK1fw

I think this is only the second release by Pose+, does anyone have their Lightan?
>>
>>7583161
Biker gang mode
>>
>>7583164
If more transforming SOCs had this level of hip+knee articulation I would have bought a couple by now
>>
File: 1-6.jpg (49 KB, 768x960)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>7583036
The ship for that show has more or less sailed for now but you might want to keep your eyes open for this fella here:
http://www.gokin.it/2019/06/05/news-e-anteprime-ccs-toys-gurren-lagann/
>>
>>7583161
I do. The moving parts are just a tad too loose for my tastes but the sculpt and poseability is great (for that design). Since it was their first figure, I think it's pretty safe to say this Baxinger will be even better. I'm skipping it for space issue but I'm in for their Goshougun and maybe their Baikanfu.
>>
>>7583458
I wish it was possible to buy this guy separately
>>
File: NVRU1WfB_o.jpg (210 KB, 1200x1200)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>7583161
I still want to see something this year on this one.
>>
File: gx115.jpg (224 KB, 1144x1200)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
anyone have info on this? Saw it on tag hobby.
>>
File: gx116.jpg (199 KB, 1152x1200)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>
>>7583879
I feel like a dumbass for not knowing what that is
>>
File: 346467858.jpg (71 KB, 935x658)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>7584004
What if I tell you that you see that at the start of every single episode?
>>
>>7584061
Oh, THAT's what it is. I was overthinking it
>>
File: s-l1600-1.jpg (282 KB, 1080x1080)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
Should pic related get the SOC treatment?
>>
>>7578084
Why does that plastic look so...
...Dollar Store?
>>
>>7583891
Hagane Works is the die-cast mecha figure brand of GSC, with the first release is the Demonbane this month. No info yet aside from it will come with the throne.
Sentinel and the guy who worked on the Riobot Mazinkaiser are listed on that card, not sure what they do since it's written in Chinese
>>
File: a 31000 Yen product.jpg (23 KB, 640x480)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>7584185
What part of
> Garbage that is years behind current toy technology
don't you understand?
http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2016/vf2ss_valkyrie_ii_sap_nexx_gilbert
>>
>>7583891
It's Mazinkaiser as he appeared in the Game of Thrones
>>
>>7583402
Ill probably actually end up picking this up, it does however seem that the line its in runs smaller than a SOC. Can anyone confirm this?
>>
>>7584179
>Should pic related get the SOC treatment?
>Tetsujin on a bike
Of course it should. Why are you even asking?
>>
>>7578084
Brainlets are still buying that shit.
>>
>>7586482
Oops, wrong image.
>>
>>7577358
https://youtu.be/sU3NYSBO_6E

The original DX toy from the 90s wants a word with you.

Its pretty sad when the original toy from decades ago can hold the hammer but the new high end version cant without a stand.
>>
>>7589185
Sigh, I wish they re-release the DX line again...I got one by "accident" as for some unknown Hobby Search still got one of Brave Raideen.
>>https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10122450

I would kill for a repro Combattler V and GoLion.
>>
File: 564758.jpg (467 KB, 1500x928)
467 KB
467 KB JPG
>>7589185
>The original DX toy from the 90s wants a word with you.
Do you mean the original DX toy from the 90s that I can see staring at me if I just turn around? Because he doesn't know what are you talking about, anon. I've been owning these things for over ten years, why do you think I actually mentioned the old DX toy in my previous post?

Nobody in their right mind would display the old DX toy with the hammer attached unless they are using some kind of support. You can actually see the thing wobbling and creaking as he turns it around in that video you posted. He also has GGG's legs open in an angle between the actual hip ratchets teeth, something I wouldn't recomend to do unless he modded them (I can see that being the case, that DX Goldymarg has improved shoulder joints and paint).

As I already said, the Goldion Hammer is bound to be cumbersome and unstable as a physical object by design, and the old toy is no exception at all. Not only that, but on the DX you can't even point the hammer handle straight down, so it can't touch the ground for support unless you don't attach it correctly to the hand. You can leave it attached without support if you want, but I can assure you it's going to be stressing the fuck out of the toy and nobody should display it that way.
>>
Anyone have soul of chogokin mazinkaiser? Does it have the standard soc issues of the joints loosening over time?
>>
File: Bandai-DX-YF-30-2.jpg (573 KB, 1920x1080)
573 KB
573 KB JPG
Is it cool to post Macross in here ? I started looking into the 1/60 scale but it's pretty complicated for a newbie like me. Is Bandai stuff worth it ? Or should I look into Yamat/Arcadia only ?
>>
>>7592420
It depends what VFs you’re looking for. Bandai does newer series in 1/60, Yamato/Arcadia covers stuff from before Frontier, with the exception of bandai’s YF 19. And Bandai has the license for those things in other scales
>>
>>7592420
>only started now
I hope you have money to burn because after market prices on a lot of it will make you queeze.

Bandai stuff is worth it but most of it’s out of print so good luck finding decent prices. They have mostly done 1/60 of frontier, macross 30 & delta plus the yf-19 from plus. The frontier vf-25/27 have renewal versions which are the best options but expensive to there v1 counterparts especially considering you have to buy all their add on packs separately which are even harder to find than the figure they attach to. Finally, Bandai are making vf-1 1/48 but I don’t own it so I can’t vouch for there quality. Also they made the missiles p-Bandai which is for one bullshit & two an additional expense due to mark up.

Yamato are dead & a lot of there figures are rare now they focused on 0, plus, 7 & DYRL. You’ll only find v1 vf-1’s & the outdated yf19 for decent prices but these are old & have shit tons of problems. Anything else is really expensive if you can even find one for sale. Arcadia bought all there molds & made slight improvements but have a lot smaller catalogue & also run for a pretty penny save for a few.

There all fine, it’s just check for reviews of the figures you want for any glaring issues & make sure your exhausting every aftermarket site to find a decent deal for most macross figures
>>
File: 10124797a.jpg (39 KB, 546x719)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>7592706
>>7592799
Thanks guys, you were really helpful.
>>
>>7593089
Anything you're looking for in particular?
>>
Any info on this?
>>
>>7593089
A good representation of the VF-1S at 1/60, I guess ? I only have the Hi-Metal (2010) and it looks and feels pretty dated.
>>
>>7593130
I'm guessing you want Roy(Yellow) or Hikaru(Red)? Arcadia's done a couple releases that'll dot he trick. They are dated but still really good representations of the model. They released them with the armor parts and without the armor before that. The armored Roy seems a bit harder to come by. They'll cost over MSRP now but here's two decent-ish priced ones I found(solo Roy and armor parts Hikaru)

https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/products/detail/187279

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1113845329&ref=list&keyword=vf-1s%201%2F60&lang=en
>>
>>7593140
Didn't think to look on jungle. Thanks a bunch !
>>
>>7593130
>>7593140
If you want to go even cheaper, then the vf-1s 1/60 by Arcadia has ko’s from Valkyrie factory. You can find them at:
>https://showzstore.com/c/valkyrie-factory_0548
>>
File: DE01.jpg (128 KB, 800x934)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>7593103
You sure are in luck, this proto was unveiled today.

https://www.taghobby.com/archives/376807
>>
>>7593275
Oh man I am not ready to see what this will cost. The riobot transforming grendizer is like $350 and this is far bigger and more complicated. Gonna be like $500 minimum. The old volks SRX was always a grail of mine despite the shitty pvc it was made of so I'll definitely buy this. Good thing sentinel is slow as fuck to release anything so I can start saving now.
>>
>>7583402
I went ahead and dropped a pre-order for this, hopefully this lives up to my expectations even if it's a fan project effectively.
>>
>>7593140
Oh neat, Jungle's back up
>>
>>7586483
I think the hope is that this figure is so small and simple that it would be hard to screw up, but I’m sure ET will find a way.
>>
>>7593302
500$? I hope for it to be this much, because I think it will be even higher. If it is separable and R-1 is done the right way it will be a sure purchase for me!
>>
File: canu633z.jpg (94 KB, 800x934)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>7596002
And if not then Sentinel is going to eat them for breakfast.
>>
File: Hjm16FS.jpg (91 KB, 770x578)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
wish i had the money for some of these toys. i really love the 70s 80s super robot aesthetic
>>
>>7596824
just preorder the new tiny combiner, it's like 3.5k yen
>>
>>7596824
I have the 40th anniversary version of that voltes. Not my favorite one, but he does make a nice display piece.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.