[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 71 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: image.jpg (71 KB, 336x421)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Anyone here find the old Gundam MSIA figures or their American name kind of charming? What do you think of these? Yeah they are soft and gummy but for some reason I still like them.
>>
They were an amazing value at any rate. Fun as hell too.
>>
>>7464461
I have over a hundred. Like them way more than Damashii. I was hoping people would put some up on the bst threads but I don't think I've seen any in years. Still trying to complete my G Gundam collection.
>>
I love how easy and affordable they were to obtain. Many have aged poorly (early release ones were awful in the articulation department).
>>
>>7464461

They were pretty damn great when they came out. I'm hard pressed to think of more than handful of lines that were better at the time for the price. I also really liked the fact we got suits with the vehicles (aside from the green Zaku II being exclusive to those packs)
>>
i remember as a kid always hoping to find these but they seemed rare. most likely because they flew off the shelves fast. Where did you guys get yours? Weirdly enough I got most of mine at CVS pharmacys. only once was i lucky enough to find any in a Target, which were from chars counter attack.
>>
>>7464461
they made other gundams that werent a white-helmet, 3-pronged crown, face-masked, angry-eyes head?
>>
>>7464461
Yes, my army grows ever larger
>>
>>7465122
now a Jegan in sight
>>
>>7465048
Everywhere. Target, Walmart, K-mart, Rite Aid, KB, the swapmeet.
>>7465122
Nice Lumber, had it as a kid but it's long gone. One of the few I need from G these days along with obscure things like Viking.
>>
>>7465048
ebay!
>>
>>7465130
check ebay man, ive seen viking and lumbar on there
>>
I have 3 massive boxes of loose MSiA US figures from the line. Such a great line for the price and so fucking functional. Shame they went under in the US around Gundam Seed. Still plan to pull them back out one day once I get moved and the new Media Room set up.
>>
>>7465130
>Everywhere. Target, Walmart, K-mart, Rite Aid, KB, the swapmeet.
Yep. When Gundam Wing started it was really difficult to find the Leos to the point that I'd show up overnight at WM for restock just to get some finally. Green, Purple, the rare Blue... Those got me hooked to buy every single one. Even now I have G Gundam Dark Gundam and one of the other G Gundam bigger box sets sitting on a shelf waiting to be opened one day.
>>
>>7465154
fucking hell, i at least want a couple leos but they are so pricey now, ebay has them for 50 to 60 just for one
>>
>>7465154
>>7465163
MSIA used to be cheap on Ebay. Even Leo. I got 5 Leo right now from years back. These days they're pretty expensive. I remember turning up my nose at Hyper Mode and Battle Scarred figures and now I need all of them.
>>
>>7465163
>fucking hell, i at least want a couple leos but they are so pricey now, ebay has them for 50 to 60 just for one
I can believe it, they were like 1 per case back then. So many of the main Wing team, almost nothing for enemies. Original Gundam comes and we get a fuck ton of Zaku, thank the gods.

>>7465165
>I remember turning up my nose at Hyper Mode and Battle Scarred figures and now I need all of them.
The Seed stuff I ended up buying used becaue I could never find some of them. Wish I had known Leos were cheap on eBay for awhile. I have a Tallgesse II (or III?) sitting on card I'm itching to open from the end of the Wing series.
>>
>>7465173
Well, this was a long time ago that they were cheap. Over 10 years. MSIA have become pretty rare on Ebay as a whole. I remember tons of lots being up all the time. Sellers would even let you message them about specific figures from lots and sell them to you on the side. Now I rarely see lots that aren't full of Wing figures missing accessories.
>>
>>7465173
>
I can believe it, they were like 1 per case back then. So many of the main Wing team, almost nothing for enemies. Original Gundam comes and we get a fuck ton of Zaku, thank the gods.
was it that bad? i rember getting so many zeon suits including the xamel
>>
>>7465185
Wing was the first out the door so it was the main 5 over and over again. Leo being 1 per case really screwed up trying to have any enemies that wasn't a single Tallgesse figure. Towards the very end they did a couple of that desert crew, but those were nearly impossible to find at the time.

The next out is classic Gundam and they went all out for offering a variety of Gundam and Zeon mecha this time. It was so much easier to build up an army to take on the 78 or to find some other Gundams to back up the 78. I got a bunch of Guntanks. The line from then on was pretty good about mixing in the enemy for the heroes to fight. F-91 getting amazing figures was the highlight to me. Those massive machines put the older models to shame.
>>
>>7465188
>F-91 getting amazing figures was the highlight to me
wait what? when did 91 get figures? i had a whole bunch of random units. back then i dident know much about gundam so i just my favorites duke it out with the rest of them
>>
>>7465154

Oh man I completely forgot about Wing for some reason. Yeah Wal-Mart and Toys R Us were my go to places. Target had a few but TRU was where I got all my vehicle packs.

I had a Wal-Mart in a college town where nobody went to. It was nice having my choice of MSiA and repackaged DBZ SBCs. I was even able to pick up a few of the blue Leos. I forgot I even had them until you posted this.

I think I remember having a little bit of a hard time getting all the four kings(?) of G Gundam but it was pretty sweet when I did. I can't remember but were any of them boxed aside from the big boss Dark Gundam?

Vayeate and Mercurius were made but were only in Japan? I remember thinking it weird they made their first figures over here in SDGF. I don;t think those figures ever made it to Japan.
>>
>>7465286
>were any of them boxed aside from the big boss Dark Gundam?
Dark, Walter, and Unicorn were all boxed due to size. Walter and Unicorn were slightly smaller like the Zaku set that included the matching tank and plane, the Gouf with Sled, etc.
>>
>>7465286
>Vayeate and Mercurius were made but were only in Japan?
Tamashii Web exclusive 2-pack. There were also a bunch of exclusives Gundams at 7-11, the amusement park, etc. Next to impossible to get a third party to sell without an ass raping
>>
>>7465290
>>7465286
Off the top of head, raven, Walter, grand and master with his horse from g. Gouf with dodai and gouf custom with dodai, gundam with core parts to transform it, Gm or jegan with medea? Nu gundam with heavy armor platform, also mobile armor as well, big brow,zakrello and xamel. I'm missing a big chunk but I cant remember what else
>>
https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/Mobile_Suit_in_Action!!

Doesn't show too many of the American packagings but good nostalgia nonetheless. I forgot how awesome Kaempfer was. I wish I had gotten more than just the one.
>>
>>7464852
Man same. I'm only missing like 7ish mobile suits from G Gundam. I have all the big ones. I think the only real rare one I'm missing is hurricane Gundam.
>>
>>7465312
I finally got Hurricane for the first time last month. One of the blades broke off in the mail. I'm salty as hell about that. I eventually have to glue it.
>>
File: 1550436522140.jpg (152 KB, 1080x954)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
I'll be honest, I didn't really love the MSIAs I had. They were ok toys, but really mushy looking and feeling, and by the time I got them, I had already been spoiled by the relatively sharp/clean lines of gunpla (my relatives in Japan got me into it at a very early age).

HOWEVER, I do love what the line represented. Due to the low cost and generous waves of figures, we got to have tons of really obscure paint variants and the ability to build a big squad without breaking the bank. In other words, it was released and handled sorta like an American toyline at the time. I can only hope that the new Gundam Universe line plays out similarly, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>7465312
Is it really rare? I checked the pricing on it and it's so confusing. Two sold recently for $80 and near-$100, but there are also two more that sold before that for like $11-15. There is also a goddamn FACTORY PROTOTYPE of it that is currently selling for only $50! So confusing...

Anyway, I got Hurricane a long time ago on the BST, but he was missing the blade attachment...he feels so naked without it.
>>
>>7465321
MSIA line had clear parts for beam effects and these don't
>>
>>7465325
Deadass I feel like I remember seeing the BST one for sale and wanting to buy it. But got beat to it.
A few years ago I got the bigro off the BST.
>>
>>7465330
Was it like, 7 years ago lmao? I got this figure in a BST waaaaaay back when on ancient /toy/. Along with a whole bunch of other MSIAs, incidentally.
>>
>>7465122
>titans Nobel Gundam
>>
>>7465337
Its actually supposed to be a dark version of it, there were packaged with there dark counterparts like Walter
>>
>>7465291
>mercurius and vayate were made in a two pack
only ever as robot damashiii, I've never seen or heard of any exclusive MSIA of them, the only exclusives recorded that I know of were the black and gold wing gundams, some of the limited colors, the idol zaku, and a few other fringe suits I think shin's zaku and the tri stars zaku 2.0
>>
>>7466183
>the idol zaku
If you're talking about Meer's, it never got an MSIA.
>>
>>7466236
its this one
>>
>>7466313
Oh, right. Yeah, they made a bunch of different UC Zaku. I love that GM they made with the opening cockpit.
>>
I had a few as a kid. I never really watched Gundam, aside from having one or two VHS tapes of Wing, but I couldn't say no to cool robots. My only complaint is that some of them had some trouble staying together, like Neros Gundam and its shield never staying attached to the arm.
>>
>>7464461
I still have a bunch of MSIA that I never opened.
>>
>>7465321
>They were ok toys, but really mushy looking and feeling

I got the MSIA Asshimar, and it was closer to a Robot Damashi toy than "mushy looking and feeling".

Feels like the MSIAs released 2005-2008 were a big jump in quality, including the EMSIAs, they were using production methods they would go on to use with RDs.
>>
has a shit ton of the MISA lost them all but the carded gundam wing ones in a big move

it still hurts
>>
>>7467602
damn bro thanks
>>
>>7467317
if you display them you should put up a few pictures, would be cool to see your collection.
>>
I have not done much with my msia in some time, their totes take up half my damn closet space.
>>
I'm a fan! the line has lots of G gundams that never get love. i also have the gundams from wing and endless waltz. i like displaying them on desks at work or small spots at home like a computer desk or end of a shelf. they're so cheap i dont have to worry about someone lifting it off my desk at work

i love the nether gundam from msia!
>>
>>7465188
>>7465193
>Those massive machines put the older models to shame.
I think he's talking about the CCA figures.
>>
>>7468753
>looking for gundam
as a kid
>always hope to find wing or random zeon stuff
>for a year can only find the bullhead torso gundam and some other mermaid one
>>
>>7468753
Really? I would personally safeguard them because they're old and out of production. I don't have a job where I have a desk to display stuff, but if I did, my choice would probably be kits. Those are constantly reproduced and stuff like HGUCs are incredibly cheap.
>>
>>7469412
I have Mermaid Gundam somewhere in my closet right now. One of a couple dozen MSIA all missing parts or accessories. Was a fun line while it lasted.
>>
File: Mermaid.png (272 KB, 832x478)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
>>7469412
>some other mermaid one
You passed on this? All I can say is you done fucked up son.
>>
>>7468952
>CCA figures
i dont know what those are
>>
>>7470029
Char’s Counter-Attack.
>>
>>7470094
I must get dumb, yea I loved those figures. Wish we got more
>>
I've been buying up a few MSIA a month lately, it is unreal how expensive they are. You might as well buy new becuase used ones are practically the same price.
>>
>>7472631
seriously? how much are we talking?
its hard to imagine them holding so much value when there are more impressive looking figures out and seem kind of niche considering that.

unrelated but has anyone tried painting tjeir MSIA? I tried to chrome a zeon suit and it looked fine, then a month or two later became sticky and gunky. anyone have amything like that happen? could it be the spraypain i used or is it jist plasticizer?
>>
>>7473002
Sounds like you may have used enamel paint. You need acrylics, as enamel will ruin plastic. The main thing is it will always rub off in certain areas. Like the skirt armor will always rub against the thigh pieces.
>>
>>7473059
thanks for the quick response. The paint in question was krylon, and while it eas only a test piece, i did want to understand what was happening. it seemed if i remember correctly like it was only the silver krylon that caused that reaction. I believe i may have painted other parts of the same figure with spray lacquers and they were fine. I know spray paint is probably not the best thing to paint these with, but i was looking for a nice even coverage that was smooth and flat. In the future I can attempt using an airbrush with acrylics watered down, but i still am
interested to know why this happened. more interstingly, i painted a few different things
with that silver spray paint can, and ONLY the msia piece became sticky after a month. Everything else i sprayed which i noticed were harder plastics were fine a month later.
>>
>>7465052
Loaded question, much?
>>
>>7473130
It could just be a random mix of paint and plastic. My real type guntank has sticky silver parts. Nothing else does. I have japanese releases, us releases and the only figure with that problem is the silver on that real type guntank.
>>
>>7473130
For metallic colors you can also use lacquer like Alclad. However you will have to use a primer first.
>>
>>7472631
Are you buying them individually or in lots? I would imagine it would be cheaper to purchase loose collections.
>Checks Ebay
>Collections are 100's of $
>Individual toys are about $40 each
Well, might as well buy RD or hold out for the new Gundam Universe figures at that price.
>>
>>7464461
loved them as a kid and still love them today I loved making customs swapping parts as a kid now I customize them by gluing and creating. here's three I made in the last 2 years. the kampfer I made a shield and some boosters and a zgok arm also had him dyed black. the zaku one has various parts a gouf horn glued in the head replaced gouf shoulder gelgoog cannon buckler shields on each arm and zaku 2 legs with a zaku high mobility type jet pack. the zaku tank is from the kit but I made a custom arm for him and thats it. I love MSIA and wish they would bring them back there highly durable and 1/144 scale
>>
>>7474296
here's a side view waterslide decals don't stay too well but if you apply them and let them dry then brush it with a clear superglue it stays pretty well
>>
>>7474101
Those lines will never hit a ton of obscure units. Especially G Gundam stuff.
>>
>>7474101
>Gundam Universe
looks like ass man, its just all main suits. nothing we haveent seen before. msia still has the sheer variety of choice, mobile armor, vehicles, gundams and mobile suits as well as obsuce things like the whole g gundam line. i bet it wont even be camo or color variants or even battle scared
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
I'm ultra attached to Leos because of the line.
>>
>>7474300
do the decals slide off because of how soft and flimsy the rubbery plastic is? i never even considered swapping parts as a kid. would have been fun.
>>
>>7475575
its the pvc they use in the plastic there is some secret technique they use to put numbers and such using dyes but using decals seems to not work unless you can use super glue. the plus though is that if you can get majority of the color out of the plastic you can use dyes to color them just about any color you want.
>>
>>7475202
Give it time. The goddamn line hasn't even launched yet. Perhaps in time we'll start to see them branch out if the first few waves are successful.
>>
>>7475624
The few MSIA I own are in storage somewhere so I can't confirm, but I would bet anything those numbers and shit are tampoed on. That's pretty standard for toys.
>>
>>7474468
this thos niggas went full out for G gundam i think every mobile suit that was on screen had a figure
>>
>>7476521
Not Tequila Gundam, to many fans' chagrin.
>>
>>7476521
almost all of them, they dident make maybe a handfull of them?
>>
>>7476761
>>7476775
fuck i forgot about tequila gundam maybe the new line will bring him in we can dream
>>
>>7464461
MSIA is my favorite series of figures, I only wish they'd have kept up with it so we'd get newer designs in that scale. I have like two thirds of all the MSIA figures so far and every one has such a great balance of playability, posability, and mold quality. Underrated for sure
>>
>>7476799
yea man, theres hopeing we do get him!
>>7476862
msia should have kept going, they were the perfect figure and weapons actually fit in the hands unlike gi joe.
>>
File: P_20190402_005727.jpg (1.41 MB, 4096x2304)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
https://saturn.cameyo.com/app.html?appName=7-Zip&token=ea1a1a3e-57bb-40e5-9eca-88cef97ca8d2&wsavail=0#

IT GOT TWAPPED IN MY FIRE CONVOYS BOX
>>
File: P_20190402_034608.jpg (1.45 MB, 4096x2304)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>
>>7477794
>>7477784
wtf is this now?
>>
>>7477806
It's my Windows 2000 phone, Fire Convoy box and angelsense
>>
>>7477860
yea but what does this have ot do with anything?
>>
so I saw this guy (Gundam Mobile Suit Ensemble EX11 Apsalus II Exclusive) and it seems kind of in scale to msia what do you guys think? also huge BUMP on this thread
>>
>>7479813
never heard of the line before. does it hve any articulation?
>>
>>7480111
not really its a chibi line but this looks like it could be in scale with msia
>>
>>7479813
It's not in scale, man. Ensemble is a very small gashapon line, the whole Apsalus is only 4.5" tall. Look at how big it's actually supposed to be compared to an MS. Proportions are wrong too since this is an SD line.
>>
>>7480111
Don't listen to >>7480197, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Ensemble has great articulation, if fact it's one of the most articulated Gundam gacha lines I've ever seen. The Zaku can come out of that Apsalus II, and it should have all the usual joints (which is to say, a lot of them). He's also wrong about it being in scale with MSIA.
>>
>>7480399
thats cute as fuck, i like that
>>7480396
wtf is this? thats not gunpla is it?
>>
>>7480414
It's someone's custom work. Probably scratchbuilt.
>>
>>7480396
man if they made msia of that. it would have made my life
>>
>>7464461
I mean as a kid they were the best toy line out there from all the anime on tv gunman made the best toys.

The franchise just doesn't brand itself to kids in America anymore and I know these would still sell like hot cakes if they ran on major prime time cable on Cartoon Network...

Cartoon Netowrk just has gone down hill and can't pull off selling toys anymore because of its management of licencing.

Yes, technology plays a huge part in sales now, but they're underestimating kids buying these.

They don't even play Dragon Ball Super on prime time television anymore.
>>
>>7465122
Wow. You've got some of the best there.
>>
>>7465130
>Nice Lumber
>the few I need from G these days along with obscure things like Viking.
Because it was plane comapred to the other ones. They made almsot every gunman that ever appeared in G-gundam as a toy.
>>
Gundam Childhood Tragedy: Part 1
>Play Gundams daily
>watch gundams
>all my friends gundams
>huge collection of gundams
>set gundams up in my room
>mother and father buy gundams for me
>love my family
>meet new kid at school
>1 year younger than me
>chubby with glasses
>no big deal, seems ok
>starts trying to pal around
>needs help getting to know people
>he tells teachers he "knows" me
>teachers ask me to help him
>turns out he's from my town
>2 weeks later he's in our 5 day of the week car pool circle
>he invites me over
>his family is super wealthy
>has all the latest toys
>doesn't go without
>he has a little brother
>he likes gundams too
>not a single gundams toy in his house
>weird
>tell him gundams have a toy line
>calls me a liar
>bring over A few gundams the next time
>he's stunned
>find an session goes well
>my little brother is there with me too
>Play with plastic swords and tit guns
>all having fun
>all of a sudden he starts beating the crap out of his little brother
>at first little bro and I think it's just them playing
>it's not
>it gets bad
>the kids little brother starts crying
>the kid bends kid over and starts violating him with an "old" power ranger power glove
>kids little brother starts screaming
>poop all over the power ranger glove
>my little brother and I scream and yell
>kids mother gets down before we can run up stairs
>kid begs us to not say anything
>kids little brother looks down into the ground knowing what his brother did was wrong but says to not say anything for his brothers sake
>we say kid beat up younger brother
>not much punishment
>didn't say anything thinking we should just give the kid a second chance in forgivmess
>My little brother and I eventually leave
>second time hanging out with this kid

Part two....
Kid comes to my house...
>>
Gundam Childhood Tragedy: Part 1
>a few months pass
>seems like a long time as kid
>nothing strange happens between the power ranger poo globe and then
>it's the kids birthday
>little brother and I get him not just one find an, but 2 find an toys
>he gets char aznables MSN-02 Zeong
>he loves them
>time has passed
>everyone who lives in our town and goes to the same school have adopted the kid as their own
>Little brother and me never say anything about the poo power ranger power glove
>things are about to change
>kid comes to my house with all the other kids
>he doesn't bring his gundams
>we play with mine
>normal
>a week goes by
>can't find some of my gundams
>don't really think anything of it
>must be around the house somewhere
>always careful with the gundams
>other friends always careful with my gundams because their careful with their own gundams
>the next week
>we get a door bell ring in the middle of the week
>it's the kid
>pleasantly surprised to see a friend at the door wondering why hes here
>something's wrong
>his face is that of when he was begging us to not tell his mother he finger rapped his little brother
>his mother yells at him
>he stole my gundams
>pulls out 2 gundams
>they're broken
>The details, pieces of hard plastic torn, cut in two, sliced
>don't understand WHY
>quick to forgive
>think about it and all is forgiven as long as he doesn't do it again
>wait a few minutes
>parents talk outside
>he whispers and shows me his bag
>he actually stole 8 more
>all in pieces
>angry
>my Mother sees
>she tells him to leave to leave with that look of "I have a smile, but I hate you"
>turns out kid would return at least another set of stolen Pokemon foils and entire sets of Digimon toys to me
>Digimon toys also destroyed
>hes no longer allowed at my house
>year passes
>go over to his house one more time
>see the gundams I bought for his birthday 1.5 years before
>they're pristine
Broken gundams thoroughly disinfected in a tub of chemicals
>>
File: image.png (247 KB, 494x447)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
wtf...
>>
>>7483000
Ik still kicking myself for not buying an accguy sooner. I have most of the ones I want except the rest of g and mobile armors
>>
>>7483953
In truth i have all of my old ones too.
We use to go to toys R US every weekend and we could choose either a DBZ toy or a find an toy. Buy SAGA and G-gundam were the biggest shows for kids at the time and the shelves were some of the biggest shelves I've ever seen. I always seemed to opt for DBZ.

I thought I could always buy more gundams and the franchise would always be around in the U.S. i knew the Buu saga was the last one in a long time knowing GT wouldn't be around for years too...

Man i was wrong.
>>
>>7484501
i know that feel, i wish i bought alot more of them instead of gi joes and transformers. at least valor vs venom was a good line but damn deluxe edtion gundams go for so much now
>>
>>7483026
>>7483063
Question: Did you every look into where he ended up in life?
Follow up question: Was it prison or as a registered sex offender?
>>
>>7480396
Considering they're pumping out things like the Neo Zeong in HGUC I don't see why they couldn't do this. Of course Unicorn/NT Narrative is the hot shit right now and 08th team is over 20 years old.
>Holy shit I'm old too...
>>
>>7484566
He's still around. It's not my business.
Only gundams was my business. And he destroyed them.

I must retake the gunlapla Empire.
>>
>>7484605
this is your home, marine. its all our business, son.
>>
File: images.png (9 KB, 173x291)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>7484611
Yes...i am just a marine...in training.
Heil---
>>
>>7484572
tell me about it.
list of things i want in robot spirits or whatever action figure line
xamal
big zam
zakrello
grublo
bigro
big ruff
val walo
elmeth
adzam
big rang
bigro meir
gigan
gundam g dash
rhinoceros
dra c
rosette and dandelion
stutzer varients
nemo cannon
dagui
super g fortress
Z'od-iacok
Azieru
β Azieru
Neue Ziel
Rafflesia
Grand Zam
Apsalus
hildolf
guntank 3
Rozen Zulu
Shamblo
all of g gundam
Olifant
Virsago Assassin
Armorzagan
G-Rach
Yggdrasill
Bifron
Grod
Conque de Venus
Gromlin
Great Zeong
Neue Ziel II
Gigantic
Gazarello
Gromlin II
Mass Production Type Z'od-iacok
Zaku 50
Rig Ring
i will buy all of these if bandai makes them
>>
>>7464461
bump
>>
any one else buy special msia like this jafcon 2000 zeta?
>>
>>7484501
>I thought I could always buy more gundams and the franchise would always be around in the U.S.

Same. Looking back as an adult it's easy to see how it happened when the flooded toy stores with the worst G Gundam designs and just seemed to pick the most unpopular shows to air, but I can still remember everyone on my street loving Gundam, having favorites, we'd all play with our MSIA together (I'll bet none of us have any complete sets anymore, if any of the others even kept theirs). Nowadays it's rare to find someone who's even heard of Gundam, even people the same age. When everyone 18 years ago loved Gundam Wing, it's just weird to think that most people have completely forgotten about it.
>>
>>7484765
>big zam
Remember when they announced the ver ANIME line and they had that Big Zam? I think it was in a no photo zone so there were just some faraway shots. Maybe if we're lucky, Gundam Universe will get super popular and they'll make some larger mobile suits and armors like Big Zam and Elmeth.
>>
>>7490510
It's made a bit of a comeback in the US over the last few years with Toonami airing Iron Blooded Orphans and Unicorn, and Bandai getting Gunpla back in certain stores. Like it or not the live action movie is probably gonna force a stronger comeback once that's out too.
>>
>>7490534
Man I hope they make a movie action figure line. That would be a start
>>
>>7490510
You might just be hanging out in the wrong circles. A lot of millenials are either weebs or at least weeb-adjacent, so even if they haven't ever seen Gundam they know what I'm talking about if I bring it up. It's a significant part of the culture.

Like, I'd say I live in an area with a pretty healthy nerd/weeb culture (California) and there were a LOT of cheers when the RX-78-2 showed up in Ready Player One.
>>
Oh man, MSIA was great. Affordable, loaded with accessories, well articulated, and easy to find. This and Xevoz were two of the best lines out there in the early 2000s, and kind of a last hurrah for action figures.
>>
>>7490774
>xevocs
Fuck I have some really comfy memories with them. Used to go to sac with my mom too drop my brothers off at this autism research center. We would always go to the mall there and get breakfest and shop. I remember getting the skull guy and this army guy with a big guy. Also mag warriors too. Man haven't thought about that in years
>>
File: 1464251254416.jpg (19 KB, 350x263)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>
>>7496233
Is that thing worth the 250 it goes for on eBay? Considering getting it, probably won't get another big zam like it for a long time. I assume that's the MSIA, given the thread
>>
>>7490510
I'm 34 years old, and I just started getting into Gundam last month, by way of GunPla. Now I'm just finishing up watching Zeta after watching the original Mobile Suit Gundam.

Got my girlfriend and our friends into it as well, and strangely I seem to be noticing a lot of other people getting into it as well. They even carry GunPla in collector-focused GameStop stores (so not normal Gamestop stores, but the ones where you find Figuearts and the like), I picked up an HGUC Sinanju Stein today there as they're doing one of those tote stuffer sales and had some other figures I wanted.
>>
>>7464852
hi james
>>
>>7497157
Not even close.
>>
>>7464461
These were some of the greatest toys of my childhood
Got like 20 of them for my 7th birthday, almost an even split of federation and zeon mobile suits. Used to have massive battles on the floor of my room with the federation having the clear advantage due to having a DX GP01FB which was like a foot tall. Man I miss these gummy little bastards, good thread.
>>
>>7498393
>Man I miss these gummy little bastards
i think everyone does, one toyline can compare
>>
>>7496260
it's pretty huge as far as msia go I got mine for like 80 recently if its under 125 its worth it otherwise unless you really want it to the point of need skip it
>>
Now this thread brings a tear to my eye, I actually had every single US msia release new in box and even ones that were packaged for US release but were only relased in other territories.

Battle scarred Duel, Red Astray and Zeus gundam. In fact I'm probably responsible for most of the battlescarred zeus gundam being available in the states on ebay a few years back. (I had gone through a Taiwanese friend to get about 15 of them to me here, brand new in box)

I even had the 7.5 scale zeta prototypes of the rx-178 in both colors.

It's nice to see such a following still exists for them. I sold my collection to a fellow collector in 2016 but I still keep the US release full armor gundam on my desk as a reminder.
>>
>>7499898

Also you guys can still get some pretty good priced ones on ebay or a good friend runs a webpage called remostoychest.
>>
>>7499898
>>7499904
>battlescarred zeus gundam
i dont rember this being a thing? is this legite?
>>
>>7503931
Yes I remember seeing it in stores. Came with a base with damaged Devil Gundam parts on it too if I remember right.
>>
>>7504727
i googled it and its real, i had no idea lol. were can i find one?
>>
>>7499898

How were the 7.5 RX-178?
>>
>>7482997

pretty sad, it's the easiest thing in the world to know how to sell licensed merchandise. I mean colorful badass military robots sell themselves.
>>
>>7506026
its not just that, it has to do with the value you got with them, like i think they were like 15 to 20? you got a soild model with a bunch of guns and swords along with tanks in some. no toyline can beat it, its too much value, the deluxe edition ones had a ton of variety, not to mention 2 pack mobile armor and massive transforming ones. i just want them back, robot spirits is just too much money
>>
>>7506035
>like i think they were like 15 to 20?
MSIA started at $4.99 in America. The deluxe ones were like $7-8.99. The even bigger ones like Devil and some others were more expensive. The 7.5'' G Gundam ones were $14.99. I used to see Heaven Swords and all the finals suits on shelves all the time but I wasn't really interested in them. I had moved on from the line at that point.
>>
>>7506035
>robot spirits is just too much money
Maybe the upcoming Gundam Universe line will be more what you want, although possibly still too much for what you get in the box.
>>
>>7506895
>MSIA started at $4.99 in America
wow i want to go back, thats crazy cheap. i used to see a whole bunch of delexe edtion ones, damn xamel mush have been cheap back in the day now its like 100 on ebay
>Gundam Universe line will be more what you want
we will see, im going to wait. the price is ok but still no leo or really any of the suits i want
>>
I took the plunge after seeing this line get nostalgia bombed over /toy/ for the last few years and bought a Japanese RX-78-2 ver. 1 to keep as a desk toy. It ran me about $15 and it's nice to goof around with, but hard to pose. The legs are stiff and I can't get it to hold the shield or beam rifle without the arms dangling constantly or outright falling off. I probably shouldn't have expected too much in that department from a 20 year old action figure, but at the very least it looks great for the scale and it's still fun to woosh around between work calls.
>>
>>7490534
Good Lord, I hope the live action is absolutely beyond amazing. Because even if it's just good, let alone average, I fear it will give me severe PTSD flashbacks of something that totally never happened.
>>
>>7507028
>>7506895
I can confirm this in about fifteen minutes with pictures of an old anime guide book on Gundam.
>>
>>7507228
can you post it? i would love to see
>>
File: IMG_20190422_205025370.jpg (901 KB, 1976x2555)
901 KB
901 KB JPG
>>7507289
Got it

This thing has a TON of info I never noticed it had before, prolly should post some pages in gunpla, especially the page that detailed every single line of gunpla made that was no longer in circulation at the time of publication.
>>
File: IMG_20190422_205218913.jpg (984 KB, 2168x2065)
984 KB
984 KB JPG
>>7507300
First two pages deal with the american releases. Slightly more expensive then what >>7506895 said, but it's close enough to not really matter.
>>
File: IMG_20190422_205249448.jpg (1.67 MB, 2513x2730)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
>>7507302
Just a dollar off.

Man I miss those days. Really do. Walmart had an entire half of an aisle covered in nothing but Gundam MSIA. Man that's more product then what I see star wars has on the shelves these days.
>>
File: IMG_20190422_205344238.jpg (1.31 MB, 2197x2653)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
>>7507303
Now let's show off what Japan had in their country.
>>
>>7507303
Yeah, they may have been $6 each. Still a steal at that price. I'd legit clean out stores if we had them these days at those prices. Duplicates and alls. I knew the 7.5'' were $14.99 though. I had the normal versions of everyone except Shining.
>>
>>7507303
>viking and mobile boat
holy shit, they made one with his boat? please does someone have this? i need this for my collection
>>
File: IMG_20190422_212308226.jpg (1.31 MB, 2203x2765)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
>>7507308
Now the final one, not sure what conversion rates were back then, but pretty sure from my memory of browsing of hlj back in Junior high that the rates were close enough to a dollar per 100 yen that you give or take a dollar on these prices and it would have come out right.

They were paying a little bit more then us but they also had far better packaging rather then cheap blisters as well as the extra ink wash work on the panel lines.
>>
>>7507317
Yeah, you may have been a dollar off but for the articulation they had, the playability, everything, they were dirt cheap at six dollars in my books.

Give a star wars figure of similar pricing to my younger brothers at the time? Hands usually snapped off first and sometimes a limb broke at the joint and couldn't be fixed.

But if they played with my MSIA, I only ever had to worry about finding misplaced limbs that could easily be snapped back on. Everything was durable and all joints were easy snap offs that made it so true breaks were rare.
>>
MSiA is my favorite toy line of all time. I love me some SHF and RD but nothing's gonna beat those hours of playing on the floor, part-swapping and battle damaging, making up my own Gundam stories. MSiA is love.
>>7507302
>>7507303
>>7507308
>>7507339
This is amazing! These prices are almost as nostalgic as the figures themselves. Fuck, 2001 was a crazy year.
And reminds me, Japan has never had a regular GP-01fB released in any mainline I'm familiar with, like MSiA, HCM, or FIX. They had the Battled Scared one ported over in a 2-pack, but nothing else. The (hopefully) upcoming Robot Spirits figure will be the first. Feels important to me. And no one else.
Anyway, thanks for the pics!
>>
>>7507300
>Mark Simmons
That dude fucking LOVED Gundam
>>
>>7507300
>>7507302
>>7507308
>>7507339
Dude, this motherfucker knew what he was talking about. This is surprisingly well-informed, even talks about the popularity of gacha, Yahoo Auctions Japan, panel lining with Microns, etc. I read so many idiotic and ill-informed American Gundam articles during this era, this one is like a breath of fresh air. Mark Simmons, I salute you.
>>
>>7507762
like I said, I was SHOCKED by how much info was in this ancient thing. The short synopsises and character Bios of the anime series definitely could be improved upon but this thing was definitely a big help in really opening up tons of keywords for me to search regarding Gundam as a kid. He even mentions side projects and fan related stuff like the MS Girls images.

In about an hour I can take more images for people. I don't plan on being even remotely organized about the postings, just whatever I think might be interesting.

But will definitely post the rest of the merchandise chapter
>>
I was a big fan of them. I would hang around a lot at my grandparents house on the weekends along with my cousins. My grandparents knew we were all very much into gundam stuff, and we ended up getting a big fuckoff collection of these. We'd get several every month. Pretty much all UC stuff.

Not sure what became of them after I moved away.
>>
>>7508003
Thanks dude, I appreciate it. I've been saving your pics, this guidebook is great.
>>
File: IMG_20190424_130546754.jpg (1.51 MB, 2197x2972)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
Alright I'm back, sorry for the delays, had some eye issues. Hope nothing is too blurry for you all, cause right now EVERYTHING is for me.

Enough blogging, on with the nostalgia of the peak of the us Gundam craze. Going to start at the beginning of merchandise with model kits.
>>
>>7509851
You're a fuckin' hero, mate
>>
File: IMG_20190424_130611052.jpg (1.34 MB, 2122x2913)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
>>7509851
This section right here I always return to over the years because it highlights something REMARKABLY interesting to me and really showcases how amazing it is bandai makes all their own models in house and not using the Chinese.

Look at the prices. Where is the inflation of the value of today's dollar to the dollar almost twenty years ago? Technically we are paying LESS for the model kits now compared to then! Maybe some other anonymously with no time on their hands might break down the math.
>>
File: IMG_20190424_130619727.jpg (1.5 MB, 2162x2851)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
>>7509865
Dude makes mention to the EX model line, of course it was also a new line back then so not as impressive I guess if someone mentioned them today.

Also that friggin auto correct, actually corrected anon into anonymously
>>
File: IMG_20190424_130624775.jpg (1.36 MB, 1950x2663)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>7509872
Here are the prices. Earlier I commented that the american prices for MSIA were lower then Japan. Now we see the opposite, guess using blister packaging and lack of ink washes made all the difference for the action figures.
>>
File: IMG_20190424_130632164.jpg (1.66 MB, 2144x2906)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
>>7509875
Now for the real gem of the model kits sections, the archives. This author was definitely thorough with this.
>>
File: IMG_20190424_130639772.jpg (1.3 MB, 2060x2588)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>7509877
Unfortunately his thoroughness also inadvertently gave me PTSD. Will admit it highlights just how terribly that movie did if only one single kit was produced before canceling the line.
>>
File: IMG_20190424_134544072.jpg (1.74 MB, 2384x3043)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
>>7509885
Now we are moving past the toys and into other stuff, like video games. It is quite depressing that ratio between Japanese only and domestically available games is still just as wide, if not more so now.
>>
File: IMG_20190424_134555329.jpg (1.5 MB, 2118x2663)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
>>7509903
>>
File: IMG_20190424_134612541.jpg (1.98 MB, 2244x3038)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB JPG
>>7509905
And here we have the comics. Interestingly enough, this is also the first time he does not list the imports and only lists the domestic availbility.
>>
File: IMG_20190424_134618660.jpg (1.21 MB, 1965x2309)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>7509910
Something that I didn't realize is that they were selling Gundam manga in the states as actual comic books and not just the graphic novel form.
>>
File: IMG_20190424_134627810.jpg (1.76 MB, 2291x2963)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
>>7509918
This is the final page of both the merchandise and the book itself. I have memories of thirteen years old me gazing at this page, very curious and confused at the concept of stuff like tiny model kits packaged with food, and garage kits. It kinda shocked me too at the time to see just how much crazy stuff Japan had merchandised of Gundam that I had no clue existed. I remember thinking "wow there is almost as much stuff as Disney!"
>>
File: IMG_20190424_134636328.jpg (922 KB, 1979x2411)
922 KB
922 KB JPG
>>7509933
And I figured I would also include the inside back cover author credits. The name Mark Simmons rang a bell to me when I posted the cover here originally, but I couldn't remember why I recognized the name until I saw it mention a couple websites. Man I miss those days, I went to Gundam project all the time. And it now makes total sense why this guide was so good.
>>
>>7509937
I will take a break now and probably take some more shots of other sections. One thing I really won't do is section that makes up the majority of the book, the breakdowns of each individual series.
>>
>>7509933
Good god what shows didn't have a TCG back then.
>>
>>7509942
i apperacte you posting these.anon
>>
File: DhmL7R_VAAE8eh3.jpg (715 KB, 2048x1536)
715 KB
715 KB JPG
>>7509877
>>7509885
This is crazy to see. I love how it goes beyond rudimentary descriptions and gets into Simmons' personal opinions on things like the proportions, etc. It's stuff that's actually interesting to read.

>>7509918
Oh yeah, I have really good memories of going to the local comic shop after school with my friends, where we would buy single issues of manga blown up to standard American comic book size. It was a strange time for manga in the US.
>>
>>7510645
personally I had no clue this was a thing because there was absolutely no comic shops arounhd me, and the only gas station that I personally was aware of that still sold them at the time was state away.
>>
File: s-l1600 (1).jpg (285 KB, 1200x1600)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>7510645
I remember having the single issues of gundam wing they came in a 3 pack from toys r us
>>
Man this thread has been far better then I thought it would be.
>>
Can I see a pic of the 7.5 Gundam MkII that was going to be released if anyone actually owns that?
>>
>>7507324

They never actually made it.
>>
>>7505552

I never removed them from the box, but they were pretty damned awesome, I was just never into the 7.5 scale figures because it was a smaller line and they were too big to have battles with.

I got them from a guy off collectiondx years ago for like 400 each.
>>
>>7505398

I know of a few people that I sold mine to that still have them, whether they will sell them or not is debatable.

look for an ebay seller named adambourdette, he has most of my rare gundams. Otherwise the only other people that got them from me that I recall are joshuagundamu and some italian buyer named leotazvel or something.
>>
>>7513647
>>7513650
>>7513654

And in case anyone is curious this blog shows there were other prototypes we never got to see release of.

http://robottoymagazine.blogspot.com/2012/06/some-gems-or-turds-from-end-of-gundam.html
>>
>>7513647
>They never actually made it.
nooooo, i really wanted that too, fuck
>>7513654
>adambourdette
funny ive bought form him before, but good to know, thanks man
>>
>>7513681
Iirc the blitz and the astray actually did get released but they were only sold in a few European countries due to shipping issues keeping all shipment over there. As a result, those ones command high prices
>>
>>7513956
Meant to say Duel, not blitz, and turned out I was thinking of the battle scarred astray that got that limited release.
>>
>>7509851
>It also includes one kit that's never been released in Japan - Char's Zaku II, which is actually a recolored version of the MS-06F Zaku II from the 08th MS Team series
I fucking knew it. I got my hands on this kit about a year ago and I had no idea what its story was. I remember posting pictures of it in this general a year ago, but I can't find my pics now. When was this book published? If this was 2001 that means this Zaku kit actually preceded the release of the actual HGUC Zaku II in Japan.
>>
File: 1533858398222.jpg (12 KB, 280x210)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>7515023
>I remember posting pictures of it in this general a year ago,
Fuck, I thought this was the Gunpla general when I wrote that
>>
File: Gogg-Guy Snow Play.jpg (123 KB, 921x692)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>
>>7517254
This is cute as heck and I saved it.
>>
>>7517254
Cute
>>
Thanks for the name drop in here, I think some of you guys would appreciate my collection
I have started a new instagram
Gundam_fights_
To show off figures in my collection and figures for sale. I Enjoy hunting for figures and helping others work on their collection so check the instagram and my ebay- search my username: Adambourdette
>>
https://www.instagram.com/gundam_fights_/?hl=en
>>
>>
>>7517560
ive bought from you before, you do have a good selection.
>>
>>7513681
That's a good post. That Gold Frame would have been incredible.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (174 KB, 1280x960)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>7525058
saw this acguy and thought it was a custom or a prototype the bids went up to like $80 I couldn't swing it so I missed out anyone else see any cool msia customs/possible prototypes?
>>
>>7527036
I've seen a bunch of prototypes on Ebay. Some where they weren't painted yet and still in single mold color.
>>
File: MaxterProto01.jpg (167 KB, 1600x1200)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>7527181
I really, really want this two-tone proto Maxter. It just looks so cool like this.
>>
>>7527036
looks like Japanese release to me with the panel lining and more detail
>>
>>7528106
the shoulders are a different angle I have a Japanese acguy and the one in the picture has larger shoulders
>>
>>7531261
it might be a prototype then, no idea honestly
>>
so I know there is a really slim chance that msia will come back but to hold things off for now I found G frame its the same height and scale as the msia and have amazing possibility and are a fraction of the effort it takes to make a model kit and they look pretty cool too
>>
>>7537622
it wont come back at least not for awhile, gundam universe is the replacement for now.
>>
>>7537622
G Frame is pretty darn good and in a lot of cases have even better poseability than the equivalent HGUCs, but they also look pretty bad from the back (due to incomplete thigh and bicep panels). That's a small loss for such an awesome line though.

>>7537630
Can't wait to try a few of those out and see how they stack up to HGUCs, RDs, and of course, old MSiAs.
>>
They may be chintzy looking nowadays compared to RD and Gunpla but they are still charming and nostalgic for me whenever I see them at a toy show. Battle Scarred God Gundam was my favorite. https://youtu.be/Ah4i5s2rsU4
>>
>>7539936
god my nostalgia just gave me goosebumps
>>
>>7539936
man that commercial is cheesy as shit. hows the turn a? been thinking about getting that one at some point
>>
>>7539936
>arr ecks seventy-eight *DASH* two
Where the hell did this start. I've met multiple people in my life that pronounce RX-78-2 like this, and it's never made sense to me. If you're gonna say dash, why skip the first one?
>>
File: Turn A.jpg (3.19 MB, 2507x3972)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB JPG
>>7540707
I think it might have started from commercials like these since I don't recall Amuro ever saying the full "RX-78-2" in the dub while MSG was on Toonami, it was just "the Gundam". Not pronouncing the first dash makes sense to me, I don't say the dash in F-14 or F-22 or for any of the variable fighters in Macross. Calling Amuro's original Gundam by part of its designation "the RX-78" seems to be the go to way to designate the Gundam from other Gundams in the same sentence.
If I ever did say the full dash two it was only to further specify what suit I'm talking about if the topic of the conversation was about multiple machines whose names contain numbers in them (G3 for RX-78-3 or Unit 4 for RX-78-4) within the RX series. Saying both dashes just doesn't sound as cool to me (even if it's probably the correct way to say it) and the secondary dash is the important one to say if you are already talking about the RX line so "RX 78-2" is what I end up saying or just "the dash two" in casual spoken conversation.

>>7540697
Sorry anon, I haven't opened the Turn A or Mk.II. The boxes are a little beat up but I'd like to keep them in their original Japanese boxes and find some loose ones to display alongside my gunpla. I like that the MSiA can equip the rifle and shield to the back, don't even think the MG can do that nor do I remember Loran ever doing that in the show.

>>7540688
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Ta4-_jEWg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6dGBQgW6rI
It's great isn't it? Reminds me of the original Wing gunpla commericals with the girl hooking up the cable to the Epyon's beam saber to its head. I don't even remember that SEED commercial but back then I wanted the Strike something fierce and could never find it in my area.
>>
>>7540707
Don't need to say the first dash since they are letters and numbers, but the second dash is both numbers so is likely said for the sake of noting it is a 78 series, second model, as opposed to a theoretical 782 series that might get made in the future.
>>
What are considered are the highlights of the line. I'd say the Dom V2's are pretty boss.
>>
>>7547116
still mad we never got the expanded msia here is the states
>>
>>7520670
I've had this figure for years and just pulled it out from storage last night. Unforrtunately the clear plastic has turned piss-yellow over time on mine. It hasn't been in the sun at all so I'm assuming it was caused by heat.

>>7540697
>>7542698
I actually have this Turn A as well. I'll take some pics if it later tonight once I'm back home. Overall it's a decent figure, about what you would expect from a first generation MSiA in terms of articulation and detail, but still holds up well today imo.
>>
>>7547725
>It hasn't been in the sun at all so I'm assuming it was caused by heat.
Nah, that just happens to clear plastic over time. And unlike yellowed opaque plastics, which can often be restored with products like Retrobrite (or just plain peroxide), the change in clear plastics occurs on a chemical level. There is no reversing it unfortunately.
>>
>>7547116
I had the God and Shining Gundam and they were both pretty nice. However the paint on the God Gundam's halo got sticky and started coming off after about a year. Dunno if that was just mine or if other people had that problem.
>>
>>7547695
I'm still trying to hunt down the old commercial.
>>
>>7548260
well technically the change occurs on a chemical level regardless of if it's clear or opaque. My hunch is it has more to do with the discoloration occuring at a deeper level of the clear plastic and the fix only affects the surface.

Also it is very important to note that this chemical change is very much permament and the fixes are only temporary and the yellowing usually returns at a faster rate then how long it originally took.

>>7547725
Years ago I remember reading a very well explained and easy to understand explanation of what happens to cause the yellowing, can't quite remember the details but I will give it my best shot

IIRC, it's not the sun but the AIR itself that causes it. Heat and the sun are two strong catalysts that really speed up the process, the sun especially.
>>
Does chlorine mess with the plastic these things are made of? I've been debating posing and taking pictures of them in my pool but I don't want them to die due to the chlorine.
>>
>>7554896
I'm gonna say probably not, cause while I never tried this with MSIAs in particular, my childhood was full of pool parties where we'd play with damn near every action figure in the pool. No ill effects that I can remember. But as always, when in doubt, spot test first, ideally with some small accessory or some figure that you don't really care about.
>>
so just got this guy had no idea he was a version 2
>>
File: amx-102 zssa 2.jpg (438 KB, 768x1024)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
so if they continued the line what are some of the mobile suits you wish they would make? or make in the robot damashi lines?

pic related would be one of my choices
>>
>>7562910
anyone?
>>
>>7562910
I remember playing this guy in one of the g-generation games, and it's 8x missile attack ends up being more powerful than the wing gundam zero's buster rifle and hi-nu gundam's all range attack dude to some broken mechanics
>>
>>7562910
anyone ones they dident do. mobile armor mostly
>>
>>7562910
tequila gundam

i can't believe some of the stupid ass shit they made from g gundam but they never made tequila
>>
File: virgo lazer party.gif (1.01 MB, 320x240)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB GIF
>>7565191
>>7562910
GIVE ME A VIRGO
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (11 KB, 300x225)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>7567806
>>
>>7567806
wing line was such trash for anything other then the gundams
>>
File: IMG_20190530_193003.jpg (3.45 MB, 3088x4160)
3.45 MB
3.45 MB JPG
>>7464461
I still have my DX sazabi. I lost the beam saber parts though.
>>
>>7567913
The MSIA wing line had a ton of stuff. IIRC they actually produced a large number of suits strictly because of the popularity in America at that time. Want to say the Maganacs were mentioned to be America exclusive at first.
>>
>>7569343
>IIRC they actually produced a large number of suits strictly because of the popularity in America at that time.
I'm almost 100% sure that's the case. IIRC, the Asian releases of the Wing grunt suits were all exclusives that came out years after theiir American releases. In fact Im pretty sure Bandai America played a big role in most of the MSiA line. Bit suspicious that the G Gundam suits only came out after the show debuted in the US.
>>
>>7567809
I've already got one. I want something a little taller.
>>
>>7569568
its smart marketing too.
>>
>>7465321
>but really mushy looking
honestly the only MSIA figures I recall being "mushy" looking were the earlier Wing figures, and some of the CCA figures as well(oh and the very first version of the RX-78-2 they released)
>>
>>7464461
meh, somewhat.
>>
Oh man I have a box full of these guys.
Loved playing with them as a kid.
>>
>>7465122
I actually own the one on the far far right, the weird 4 leg zaku. I have no idea where I got it or what it is, but I found it in my stuff recently.
>>
>>7579814
Death Army from G-Gundam. They come in 2-legged flavor too.
>>
>>7579814
Death army, its comes with a 4 legged base that can detach. One of my favorites for sure
>>
Before this thread disappears I wanna say it's been an awsome throw back to see MSiA here. I've moved on, but it'll always be my fav. Thanks
>>7542698
>don't even think the MG can do that
Just wanna chime in, the MG Turn A can do that
>>7562910
I want the ANIME line to continue what it's doing and hit up all those first and second wave US Gundam series. 08th is coming, surely, and anywhere after that is icing on the cake. They wont do Wing, I assume, but that's ok.
>>
>>7580265

I can't believe this thread is still going. Cool.

I think Dark Army, along with the Leo, were the first figures I started buying multiples of to build an army. It's weird that I started with them when I was getting toys during the ARAH heyday.
>>
>>7579783
they are worth money now if there still in good condition
>>
>>7580430
>>7580501
I feel you guys I've moved on but I still buy some here and there and sometimes make customs from fodder/broken msias I find
>>
holy fuck why have I never heard of this. Is this American only toyline? I really want cheap Gundam toys. HGs aren't really playable for a long time.
>>
>>7580853
no its American/Japanese. look it up on ebay, they made so many suites
>>
>>7580853
If you want something more playable, check out the upcoming Gundam Universe line, might be what you're looking for. They're like cheaper Robot Damashiis. Or if you need something even cheaper, check out Universal Unit, those are candy toys but they're really poseable and pretty solid.
>>
>>7567927
I remember you from the other day, anon. How is the DX Sazabi? The only DX figure I have is Wing Gundam
>>7580430
Oh it can? Neat!
>>
>>7581260
Is that the one that transforms? How are they?
>>
File: IMG_0147.jpg (3.17 MB, 4032x3024)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB JPG
>>7579783
Found em.
>>
>>7581593
Damn, son. Wanna sell em?
>>
>>7581593
gimme guntank
>>
>>7581593
Aaaaaaaaaa post what ones you have bro
>>
>>7581871
Will post them later later today.

Finding and reconnecting shoulder pads, weapons and fiddily bits back on ended up more of a project than i realized.

Must have gotten rid of some because there's not a single Zaku and i remember having a few variants.
>>
File: IMG_0158_20.jpg (307 KB, 806x605)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>7582644
>>
File: IMG_0159_50.jpg (1.35 MB, 2016x1512)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>7583377
>>
>>7583377
>>7583380
damn thats a good collection. some of those are hard to find
>>
>>7465122
clean your monitor
>>
>>7583377
>>7583380
pretty good condition my dude
>>
File: 1549100894016.gif (463 KB, 499x276)
463 KB
463 KB GIF
>yfw you threw out big boxes of LOTR, Star Wars, Gundam, and other figures at 13 instead of packing them up somewhere because "that's not cool or normal"

What a waste. I've made more friends by being a weirdo anyway.
>>
>>7587450
It's cool. I think most of us went through this phase in our teen years. I was fortunate enough to not throw them out though, I just let them sit in the corner of my room until I became mature enough to accept what I liked again.
>>
>>7587451
I'm was happy to rebuild with moder msia and damashii and kits tho.

\
>>
epic bump of rightousness
>>
>>7594905
I have like 4 Titans versions but no AEUG versions.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.