[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 58 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

Where the fuck does /toy/ keep their shit when their gf is always complaining about their being no room for it. I know some of you actually keep your shit tucked away, but I mean the ones who’ve found loopholes.
>tfw entire Spider-Man collection is just in my closet posing/collecting dust for nobody but me when I go to change clothes

Any shelves you guys recommend for a wall? Just got a Bladerunner neca too and wanted to put K up there, maybe even make movie sections for specific pops or figures that correlate with said films to have on one wall
>>
File: swwfw.jpg (44 KB, 640x480)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
this thread again
just buy a deltof and use a wall
>>
>>7439722
>when their gf is always complaining about their being no room for it.

Straight up if your gf doesnt support your hobbies (and viceversa) then you need a new gf.

Even my one ex who wasnt a collector and didnt care for toys at all respected and encouraged my hobbies.
>>
>>7439722
>actually having multiples of a character for any reason other than AU versions or different suits
I hope she takes the kids.
>>
>>7439722
How many threads are you gonna make about yourself dude? Geez. Anyway the answer to your question is to grow a pair and dump her ass if she doesn't support your hobbies. That's a major red flag and will lead to bigger troubles down the road.
>>
>>7439735
>Straight up if your gf doesnt support your hobbies (and viceversa) then you need a new gf.
This.

My wife texts me every time she sees a Lego lot for sale on the local facebook flea market because she knows I like legos.
>>
>>7439797
I mean she does enjoy it to an extent but doesn’t want it taking over the apartment. I’m not like getting dunked on by her I just want this all to be fair,
>>
Fuck you you fucking normie! Toys are the only thing that keep me company and stave off my endless loneliness and you a fucking normie with a gf cant just waltz in here and throw that in my face. FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!
>>
File: 1551809400882.jpg (38 KB, 1024x576)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>7439822
>>
you'd have way more room for toys if you got rid of the girlfriend
>>
>>7439801
If you're trying to limit yourself the. What I suggest is getting a single detof/bookshelf/cabinet/ whatever and limiting your display to that one place. A single detof isn't taking over your apartment.
>>
>>7439722
Get rid of your gf, like >>7439862 said. What are the actual benefits of having a gf/wife? Pretty negligible when you think of the extra space and money that could be used for toys.
>>
File: clarkgable.jpg (261 KB, 2048x1536)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>7439722
Get rid of the toys or get rid of the woman.

That's your choice OP.
>>
File: IMG_20181219_033601.jpg (3.2 MB, 4032x3024)
3.2 MB
3.2 MB JPG
>>7439735
Shelves crammed full of shit look like garbage whether you have a woman bitching about it or not. Limit yourself go a couple of small areas for display- wall hanging book shelves, dressers, a decorative table, shadow box, whatever. Rotate what's on display and keep it minimal. It will keep you interested in your collection, things looking clean, and not everything being a fucking disgusting clusterfuck. Keep the rest packed away and if you have no desire to rotate something in to be on display then get rid of it.
>>
>>7439722
>having a gf
>having pops

Normies gonna norm.
>>
>>7439939
>Limit yourself go a couple of small areas for display- wall hanging book shelves, dressers, a decorative table, shadow box, whatever
that's fucking lame
I'd rather use shelf thanks
>>
>>7439797
>legos
No you don't
>>
>>7439722
>Having a gf who complains
>Not having a supportive gf or living up single life.
>>
>>7439939
Looks like pure shit
>>
>>7439722
Why do you make this thread over and over again?
>>
>>7440450
>you can't enjoy legos unless you refer to them as LEGO-brand Construction Toys
>>
>>7439722
I wonder where all the women go when men would rather buy a $60 toy or game than spend time or money on these worthless psychopaths?

Probably their elderly parent's house.
>>
>>7439722
Jokes on you!
Nobody here has a gf or a wife!
>>
My GF is fine with it. She collects tea cups. Those get to be in a cabinet in the dining room, and my toys get to sit on a shelf in the computer/office room. If your GF hates your hobbies, you need to re-consider your current situation.
>>
GF here. Both me and my bf collect monster high and mlp toys. If your gf doesnt like your toy hobby, she wont ever like it.
>>
>>7440559

Not him but it’s LEGO singular, not LEGOs you dumb yank cunt, how hard is it for you to understand?
>>
Yeah you really do need a gf who supports your hobbies. My last gf wasn't super into the comics and toys I collected, but knew they were important to me so she at least supported me. She even had a friend who's boyfriend owned a comic shop and through her I was able to score some sweet discounts. She also would pick up stuff she knew I was hunting for if she would come across it while out shopping. And in turn I would get her stuff for her photography hobby. While a significant other doesn't need to love your hobbies as much as you she should at least support them.
>>
>>7440629
The s indicates plural as in many lego bricks but simplified to legos you dumb third worlder who never passed third grade english
>>
>>7440614
based
>>
File: 1529569730903.png (467 KB, 909x500)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
>>7439722

>Superhero toys
>NECA
>>
>>7440980
Hmm?
>>
>>7440647

This is totally true. Your significant other should care about your hobbies to some degree by default. When my girlfriend got into knitting it obviously wasn't my kind of thing, but I encouraged her to the utmost, went to hobby stores with her to pick out colors and materials and showed her interesting patterns to keep her excited and happy with her hobby. I might not care too much about knitting, but I care about her and therefore its easy to see what she loves so much about it and to support her. In return she has always done the same with my toy collecting and has even made some purchases of her own that she really treasures.
>>
>>7440667
>he thinks all words in a plural form need an s on the end.
>bitching at others about their English
>>
>>7440994
Clippings occur all the time in English, anon.

>Lego bricks
>Lego (brick)s
>Legos
>>
>>7441305
Doesn't mean that it also applies to Lego.
No one would take "can you pass me the Lego" to mean a singular piece, for that you would ask for a piece of Lego.
>>
>>7441855
Literally everyone would take it that way unless there was a plate of toaster waffles next to the Legos.
>>
I married someone who collects Nendoroids, Figmas and Plushies. My 3P Transformers are displayed quite prominently.
>>
File: IMG_20180831_120510.jpg (281 KB, 1321x2141)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
>>7439730
Not on topic exactly, but how do you have those halfway shelves in your Detolfs? Mine just have shelves deciding the display into cubes. I'd love to make better use of the space, because I have a lot of things that would display well in that halvsies space.
>>
>>7439730
I just noticed what you're displaying there. Which cost more, that collection or your car?
>>
>>7440618
Ha, mine does too! Collects teacups and saucers.I actually let her have them in the tops of my Detolfs set because they are in her "study" and I don't spend much time in there.
>>
>taking orders from a woman
>listening to a woman complain
>tolerating a woman at any point
Please, have more sex. The more you have the more you realize it’s very overrated and you don’t really need women around.

Also you’re a weak beta male and you sicken me.
>>
>>7442398
This. Women are headaches, just get a boyfriend who can appreciate your interests on the same level and it'll solve all your problems.
>>
Using this thread to vent but why the fuck are people so fucking clumsy with other people's stuff it drives me insane. My stuff either gets ham handed with no care or knocked over by dumbasses with no tact. I just waved off a friend borrowing a set of dvds and had to watch him let a box set slip out of his fingers and spill everything on the street. I get real autistic over keeping my possessions in good condition so when someone without the same mindset goes and tears shit up I get so annoyed.
Thanks for reading my blog
>>
>>7439722
> when their gf is always complaining about their being no room for it.
mine is not like that, she collects more then I do I'm buying her new stuff for every gift giving occasion. plus she is picking up a new thing or 2 every so often. her birthday is next month plus Easter so I already got covered covered
>>
>>7440611
they sit around with the other women drink wine and complain about how there is no "Good Men" left
>>
>>7439722
>buy 3 bedroom house
>1 room for your junk
>1 room for her junk
>1 room for putting your junk in her junk
simple
>>
File: Hatred_(1).jpg (67 KB, 1275x697)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>7442502
I'm with you anon. It's gotten to the point that I don't let fucking anyone touch my stuff. I swear to god everyone is fucking retarded.
I've also had a problem with a piece of fucking shit thief lately so I've had to be extra protective. I unironically fucking hate everyone. My name is not important, etc.
Like seriously just leave me and my stuff fucking alone, why is this so difficult for people? Just FUCK. OFF.
>>
>>7449141
There ya go.. fixed

Another solution: get a sexbot and switch out the faces when you get bored. That bitch won’t bitch. Not much need for them entitled women much longer. And this sexbot can sit next to your toy shelf.
>>
>>7449183
Your stuff isn’t coming with you faggot. Where your going you’re not taking it with you.
>>
>>7442502
Fucking this.
Also why the fuck do people have such an urge to touch other people's valuable shit? I would never go up to other people's shelves and start picking up their shit. That's rude as fuck. But I've had multiple people do this with my toys. Like because they're toys, people think they can help themselves and fuck up my displays.
Roommate invited his buddies over last weekend and I came home to people opening my cabinets to pick up figures out of it, and pulling cards out of my binders to look at them.
>>
>>7442471
>This. Women are headaches, just get a boyfriend who can appreciate your interests on the same level and it'll solve all your problems.
this but unironically
>>
>>7439939
That looks like a child's room. At least the crammed shelves are what's to be expected of adult collectors. Why even try to hide it with that ugly shit?
>>
>>7449272
Holy shit just touching all your stuff? Understandable if baseball cards but stil whether it be comic books or anything I used to hate that shit, makes me wonder if were all just kids that never grew up.
Ironic being 21 and saying that
>>
>>7449272
If this was my roommate I would be livid. Was your shit in your room or out in a common area?
>>
>>7449281
My binder pockets are totally see-through on both sides so there's no reason to pull the cards out. And everybody knows what cards feel like. Having cards in a binder should be enough to tell a person that they're in there to AVOID being touched.

>>7449283
I was pretty fucking pissed. The cabinet was in the common area. I moved it to my room now. I didn't expect people to have the cheek to go opening the door to pull things out. My binder was actually on my bed. So I mostly chewed them out on going into my room.
>>
>>7449281
>I used to hate that shit, makes me wonder if were all just kids that never grew up.
I think the people going around touching people's stuff are the ones that never grew up desu
>>
My girlfriend told me to buy more for the living room.
>>
>>7449242
>hur dur afterlife
Fuck you.
>>
>>7449321
>what is the ground
>or a crematorium furnace
>>
>>7449141
>Bringing this shit thread back from the dead
This is why people don't like necromancers.
>>
>>7449348
>hur dur death
Why does it matter if I le can't take it with me? I'd like to enjoy it while I'm alive, fuckface
>>
>>7449321
Not talking about the afterlife. You’re going to a camp. No toys allowed
>>
Married anon here. Kept in bins until we bought a house and I have an office space... most are still in bins awaiting room to be renovated which is slow cuz I'm lazy as eff.
>>
>>7439722
I hide all of it from her. We’d have to have dated for at least a year for me to trust someone enough to tell them I still use toys
>>
>>7451691
That's pretty sad. If you're that ashamed, you might as well give up dating or your collection.
>>
>>7451691
>I still use toys
How do you use them? Do you shove them up your feminine girlyman butt?
>>
date/marry someone who actually loves you. It’s hard to find but when you do it’s worth it. Don’t settle for scraps, we’ll all make it bros.
>>
>>7439735
>>7439722
>Straight up if your gf doesnt support your hobbies (and viceversa) then you need a new gf.
This is the only answer
She doesn't have to share it or like it, but if she doesn't respect your right to hobbies then you have something other than a girlfriend
>>
File: TanBerserk.jpg (15 KB, 282x357)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>7439730
Nigga give us some close ups of that collection
>>
stuff them up her butt and see if she keeps complaining.
>>
Why is this faggot allowed to just make the same thread over an over again? And how are there still newfags that fall for it?
>>
>>7439722
I keep mine in boxes stacked up in the corner nook between my wardrobe and computer desk. I also regularly curate my tiny display cabinet.

I also avoid buying big shelfhog figures whenever I can so that helps too
>>
>>7451691
If it's just never come up naturally then sure, you don't have to brag about collecting toys, but if you feel like you need to actively hide your hobby from someone you love then something's got to give. Imagine if a year down the line you feel like you can trust her and you're really invested in the relationship, and she discovers your collection and freaks out on you. Realistically not likely, but you get the point. Just rip the bandaid off.
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (32 KB, 294x400)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
I have toys all over the house. She has plushies everywhere. We compliment each other very well. I am so lucky!
>>
my gf and I talked about this not too long ago, and we agreed that we would keep our collectables in one area only, behind a nice display case. There's a certain style we aim for with our decor, and so long as it goes with our decor, there is zero issue with displaying our likes.

It helps that she's an artist and loves to buy interesting pieces, but she supports my Pokemon hobby fully and tries her best to support and add to it.
>>
File: IMG_20190318_114840.jpg (1.01 MB, 3802x1186)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>7454910
Forgot to say why pic I relevant: She got me this action figure while we were dating (me first birthday after we got together). It was especially sweet because she was working at fucking Dairy Queen and could barely pay her rent. I try to buy her really nice things (birthday or not) because of that sacrifice she made.

Pic related is 1/5 of our plushie population.
>>
My gf has her own detolf in the living room that has more stuff in it than mine. But I do have 4 bookshelves full in a spare bedroom, and she has one in her "sewing" room.
>>
Caused my last gf to go ballistic and question life. She was a solid smoking hot babe. Couldn’t handle that I started nostalgic collecting Mattel Jurassic (kept them in my closet btw) just became a new hobby and it wasn’t even a financial burden.. she was just pissed that I was spending the money on a hobby rather than her. Honestly the way to make it is to get the $$$, do whatever the fuck you want and have the power, then get the fucking woman. Now she texts me begging to have me back and full of regrets. Do what you want boys. These bitches age way faster than your toys.
>>
I feel like people are going way too hard on women in this thread when a majority of people can't understand why an adult would collect toys

I started collecting comics two years ago and last year I started with figures (limited myself to Justice League and X-Men figures). My gf didn't give a damn because I made a separate account for all that stuff in order to finance that hobby only through items I sell on ebay. She does on the other hand find it odd that I would rather spend my money on that when my favourite hobbies include doing sports and traveling. It's not her fault that it isn't normal for people to collect plastic toys but I'd definitely say if your partner only bitches about it and doesn't at least accept your hobby, the partner isn't worth your time. Anything that makes the person closest to you happy, you should try to understand and tolerate. You don't have to actively support it though because sometimes, people should be able to just do their own thing
>>
>>7455989
To be fair, OP specifically said GF, not family or friends. Also you know where we are. It's to be expected.
>>
>>7439722
My loop hole is I am me, period. My shit is where I like it, and I'm not irrational about it. I have my own display/s and shelving areas and places I keep what I like. If the gf doesn't like it and wants it packed up or gone, she can eat shit.
>>
>>7441855
>No one would take "can you pass me the Lego" to mean a singular piece, for that you would ask for a piece of Lego.
Were you high when you wrote this
>>
You compromise with your wife or girlfriend. A compromise is when no one is happy. If neither of you can't do that than you're fucked.

Plus, I'm a man and don't let my wife tell me what to do. She can complain and tell me her opinions all she wants. And I take them into consideration. If there valid I can change, if not than I do what I want. This is basic shit people forget how to do.
>>
get a gf who also collects and together create a room in your apartment for the collection

thats the dream

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.