[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: NG25.png (1.25 MB, 1000x1000)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
Recently Released:
World of Nintendo Mushroom Kingdom Pack (4" Mario, Peach, Luigi)
Octoling three-pack amiibo
Inkling Girl (Smash) amiibo
Ridley amiibo
Wolf amiibo
World of Nintendo 4" wave 14 (Fire Luigi, Mario, Fire Bros, Piranha Plant, Dry Bones)
Piranha Plant amiibo
Ice Climbers amiibo
King K. Rool amiibo

Upcoming:

March:
Nendoroid Blue (Green) Oak
World of Nintendo 4" wave 15 (Odyssey Mario, Lakitu, Cappy Hammer Bro, Explorer Mario, Cappy Captain Mario)
World of Nintendo 2.50" Deluxe Dungeon Playset
World of Nintendo 2.50" Acorn Plains Playset

April:
Shovel Knight amiibo 3-pack
World of Nintendo 2.5" wave 17 (Yoshi, Paratroopa, Bowser Jr, Bullet Bill)
Daisy (Smash) amiibo
Ken amiibo
Young Link amiibo

May:
Figma Inkling Girl

June:
SHF Mewtwo

August:
Nendoroid Beam Kirby

TBA:
World of Nintendo 4" wave 16 (Fire Mario, Paragoomba, OoT Young Link, Roy Koopa, Small Mario)
World of Nintendo 2.5" wave 18 (Running Mario, Fire Mario, Piranha Plant, Spiny, Original Form Cappy)
Iasbelle (Smash) amiibo
Solid Snake amiibo
Simon amiibo
Pokemon Trainer amiibo
Squirtle amiibo
Ivysaur amiibo
Pichu amiibo
MegaHouse Kirby
Mario Kart Hot Wheels (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Bowser, Wario, Roaslina)
Figma Inkling Boy
>>
>Wanted some FE figures
>decide to get some amiibos
>they all look like shit besides Corrin Player 2
Should've bought the Archanea Nendos......
>>
>>7417649
Y has good abandoned us
>>
>>7417707
We will never go back to the golden age that we had just a few years ago, with what seemed like something to look forward to every month or two.
>>
>>7417649
>OoT Young Link
is this actually a thing? Wasn't this a fake?
>>
After some trouble finding the plant, my SSBU line is up to date.

(Also, for upcoming releases, I believe Isabelle, Pichu, and Pokémon Trainer are slated for July.)
>>
File: linkstopmotion.gif (3.08 MB, 500x564)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB GIF
>>7417844
I'm happy with what we got but it's a real shame we couldn't get more, some obvious stuff like a BOTW Link figma or TP ganon should've happened.
I'm happy with how good the Link figures were though, and with WoN, the figures aren't amazing, getting key characters like Fox and Falco at 4 inch scale is pretty cool.
And while I'd prefer they stopped making Mario variations, it's still pretty sweet that they represented so many of Mario's powerups.
>>
>>7418111
A Jakks rep said the list wasn't accurate but didn't specify in what way
>>
>>7418294
sauce plz
>>
>>7418211
>(Also, for upcoming releases, I believe Isabelle, Pichu, and Pokémon Trainer are slated for July.)
All of those just say 2019 on the official site right now. Haven't you seen them slated for July elsewhere, though?
>>
>>7418476
Have you seen them*
>>
>>7418476
This is where I first saw it: https://nintendowire.com/news/2019/02/13/wave-3-smash-ultimate-amiibo-coming-in-april-wave-4-in-july/

July 19th confirmed by Nintendo Japan. Uncertain if that will be the same release date everywhere else, though.
>>
>>7418537
Nice! Thanks for the info.
>>
>>7418305
https://twitter.com/shinohara_kenta/status/1099208893618507777
>>
>>7417668
>>they all look like shit besides Corrin Player 2
Really? Chrom, Tiki and the Echoes fags look perfectly fine. Lucina and Robin are pretty okay too.
>>
>>7419104
Their faces look weird and the swords are slightly bent. Male Corrin also looks fine but I didn't get the shit
>>
File: 1543645405362.png (751 KB, 660x577)
751 KB
751 KB PNG
>>7417649
>still no more Smash 4 amiibo reprints in sight
I think it's over, bros. I'll never be able to get Bayonetta, fem Corrin or Cloud without overpaying.
>>
>>7419424
I mean you'd only be paying double for them, I saw some going on Ebay and Amazon for like $30 I think
>>
>>7419424
I just saw Cloud at Gamestop. Or do you mean the second version?
>>
File: 61752-2.jpg (29 KB, 600x457)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>tfw we'll never get a Mario with articulation like this
I guess I shouldn't complain because for awhile there was absolutely nothing other than a few stock pose figures with like 5 points of articulation. I should really buy another Tamashii Mario. Shame they really dropped the ball with Bowser and then stopped completely.
>>
>>7420219
That Bowser was so insulting.
>>
>>7420272
It was a good figure but way too small. The shitty WoN with limited movement, ugly joints and crap paint job was closer to proper scale.

Plus the weird butthole for a stand to fit in that A) wasn't needed because the figure stood fine and B) was useless for flight/jump poses because there's no way a stand will hold the weight.
>>
>>7420219
>>7420272

This is one opinion on /toy/ that I will never understand.
That SHF Bowser is a god damn gorgeous figure, one of the better looking Figuarts I've ever seen, actually. Yes, it is on the small side, but I think that's literally the only complain I can think of. The way you guys talk about it is as if it's off-model or some shit like the WoN figure.

Good thing I have more of a 'Smash' display than a 'Mario 64' display for example, because the Bowser scales literally PERFECTLY when you think of it in Smash dimensions. Literally perfectly.
>>
>>7420328
>It was a good figure
>>
>>7420569
its a shame you can't pose your shitty statue at all
>>
>>7420578
Yeah, what is your idea of a good figure? It shocks me that one would consider the Bowser figure to be not good, since it you know, looks absolutely gorgeous and has all the articulation that I need (I've posed him against Mario in dozens of ways and never needed elbow joints or anything like that)
>>
>>7420569
The WoN Bowser is fucking amazing you fart huffing importfag
>>
>>7420583
I can make the dude gliding/flying with all limbs out as if he is about to do/doing a spin attack, I can make him jumping, falling, make him on the up point or down point of a trajectory; can indicate him pushing or swiping or any other kind of attack or gesture with his arms, as well as kick gestures with his legs.

You need to stop with your absolutely ridiculous hyperboles. He might not be an absolute technical marvel, but he poses better than 'just fine'.
>>
>>7420589
Sure, if you don't mind QC issues, slight googly-eyes and poor cheap-looking plastic, the WoN is good

I myself refuse to display anything that is made with cheap plastic - which is a shame because I love my 4 Starfox figures, but I can't display them because they make my collection look cheap with the poor material they are made with
>>
>>7420589
No it's shit. Useless articulation, immobile head, typical shitty Jakks "painted by blind people" paint apps, ugly articulation, literally only has size going for it.

>>7420569
And honestly size and butthole aside, the inner joints feel fucking poorly designed on Figuarts Bowser. Mine arrived with a back leg stuck tight, I had to heat the hell out of the leg area to free it up and it still almost snapped because everything is on these 3mm thin plastic rods inside the body. And good luck posing it too much because, well, it's Bowser. Fan artists draw him like a hell knight from Doom 3 but fact is he's a ball with stubby legs and not too mobile to begin with. It might be better articulated than WoN but it feels useless in many ways, like a super-articulated Robocop only the joints are worse.
>>
>>7420595
Believes figuarts is “premium plastic”
>>
>>7420595
>I collect toys yet I think my tastes are better because I buy the expensive pieces

You still play with children's toys, you delusional fucker.
>>
>>7420586
>what is your idea of a good figure?

something with joints
>>
>>7420598
>literally only has size going for it

how come it has more posability than the smaller figuarts with zero joints?
>>
>>7420600
I don't know about specifics but one figure is very shiny and glossy and one isn't.

>>7420619
I didn't say a single damn word about 'adult' or 'children', I was only talking about the quality of material. Wow, quit projecting, that was just embarrassing for you.

>>7420625
Weird. Another hyperbole. No reason to respond, I already did in my last reply.

Here's just ONE random pic I found on google. The dude seems quite expressive to me. I'm not sure what you guys are trying to do with your Bowsers but the Figuarts has plenty of articulation for my needs
>>
>>7420630
>zero joints
Now you just sound like a shitflinging child throwing a tantrum.
Grow up and try and use actual points and not lies and hyperboles in your posts. Jesus christ.
>>
>>7420643
so you're okay with 5poa figuarts? Jeez, am I in the star wars general?
>>
>>7420655
I already listed the different things I can do with Bowsers relatively limited articulation and posted a photo showing how expressive the figure still is
>>
Id also like to see how someone can pose this so called incredibly poseable WoN Bowser mid-air, without using like 3 different stand arms to support the thing, not to mention making sure its limbs stay still and steady in its pose

Any photos would be highly appreciated
>>
>>7420569
My main problem with it is it was 64 god damn dollars out the gate. The Mario line was already suffering from price creep and this one went too far. The TMNT figuarts that came out around the same time had articulation, die cast, weapons and little accessories for the same price.

Any way you look at it the Bower figuarts was a huge rip off and it's not surprising you can still find him in stock at several stores 3 years later.
>>
>>7420678
Agreed, Bowser is part of the 90% of import figures that are overpriced
>>
>>7417649
>4" scale Small Mario
oh shit what
>>
>>7420658
>I already listed the different things I can do with Bowsers relatively limited articulation

>>>>>>>>7420678
>>
>>7420677
>without using like 3 different stand arms to support the thing

even the Figuarts one needs that many at minimum.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHqlAwWkIcA
>>
>>7421008
Not at all actually because theres a hole to put a peg in. It’s in a spot that should cover at least most poses. The one I was thinking of him belly down limbs out, which this one could do, and then can tilt up or down
>>
>>7420643
>lies and hyperboles in your posts
Like what you're doing right now?
>>
>>7420595
>is made with cheap plastic
In other words, you're full of shit and have no experience with the figure itself.
>>
>literally only care about Beam Kirby since his announcement, don't give a fuck about any other nintenshit
>constantly watch these threads and check for updates every week
>forget to check for updates and come on here for the past couple months
>just now realized I missed the preorder window
>have to dig up my old amiami account to get this guy for a decent price
Fuck me. So when's Green and Red Kirby?
>>
File: 418eC4KwFRL.jpg (19 KB, 500x500)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
World of Nintendo Bowser can basically only be posed in this pose, because he was sculpted to be in this pose.
He has a better price and better size though.

The other Bowser can pose more, but not what most would like because lack of elbows and that, and his size is too small and he's like 65 fuckin dollars.

It's really up to preference, I kinda would rather have figuarts Bowser but he's just too much money.
>>
>>7421454
>World of Nintendo Bowser can basically only be posed in this pose, because he was sculpted to be in this pose.
That's a complete lie. Do you even own the figure? Apparently not.
>>
>>7421461
i own him and yes you can move his up and down and thats fucking it, you have to get pretty creative to pull of anything. he's too chunky.
would i recommend buying sh figuarts over him? probably not he looks fine on a shelf next to mario, but if you want to do anything outside of "bowser with his arms up" then you're kinda fucked.
>>
>>7421471
Counterpoint; I don't own him but I find it ridiculously hard to imagine that shf Bowser can pose any better. It's not like WoN has great range with his elbows. but shf doesn't even have elbows at all.
>>
File: bg5s1ro174a21.jpg (1.51 MB, 4032x3024)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
Honestly the Taito Bowser is probably the best version of him available despite not having much articulation.
>>
>>7421565
does he have swivel arms? that's all it really needs
>>
>>7421578
Swivel arms and legs.
>>
>>7420569
Bowser is one of the biggest characters in Smash though...
>>
>>7421565
He looks amazing, too.
>>
>>7421454
Why hasn't nobody made a upscaled KO of the figuarts Bowser? seems like easy money.
>>
>>7421994
No one wants a bad toy
>>
>>7421565
Wait, what is that?
>>
>>7422002
Then why are there people here buying amiibos and WON shit?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (130 KB, 1001x1001)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>7422110
>WON shit?
because WON is good, ok, fine, passable, acceptable, tolerable, C rated, 3/5, nominated but not awarded by the academy etc

tl;dr it all right

can't say the same for the useless skylanders, though
>>
>>7422110
because they buy cardboard to bing bing wahoo with
>>
>>7421578
>does he have swivel arms? that's all it really needs

Agreed 100%, which is why I love my Figuarts. No elbow joints necessary for my Bowser.

>>7421542
>I find it ridiculously hard to imagine that shf Bowser can pose any better

Maybe I'll try and take some photos when I get home later on, I'm not a great poser myself but I'll look at some Bowser source art and see if I can pull anything off or not.
>>
>>7422549
have him sit in a chair
>>
Hey guys does anyone have a complete list of the World of Nintendo 2.5" figures? I know what the first eleven series are because someone made a visual guide you can find if you search up "WON 2.5 inch figure list" on google image. But I'm not sure about the later series 12 through 16?
>>
File: y6xrxiwmwhrixamuy5az.jpg (61 KB, 680x449)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
Any kind Anons have the 6" Ganondorf and 4" Toon Link WON figures? My friend gifted me with Link the other day and now I want Ganondorf but I'm curious about the scaling considering how fuck huge Link's head is.
>>
>>7423160
I have the 6" Ganondorf and the 4" and 2" Links. I think the 2" Link's size is more accurate. WW Ganondorf is huge compared to Link and Zelda.
>>
>>7423197
That's kinda what I figured but was hoping the difference wouldn't be too atrocious if put on a shelf together. It's near impossible in my area to find anything other that Mario when it comes to the WON line and it just doesn't seem worth the $11 I see that Link online for.
>>
>>7422563
Sorry, couldn't do it, but here's a fun little pose in midair!
>>
>>7423246
And one more, fighting.
>>
>>7420219
>Shame they really dropped the ball with Bowser and then stopped completely.
Yeah, I had all my fingers crossed that they would do a Wario one day
>>
>>7422534
I bought a WON wario just to have for my wario shelf and it is just the ugliest thing I own
>>
>>7423254
The WoN Wario is one of the best figures, better looking than the Figuarts stuff even.
>>
>>7423260
bad paint, proportions, and cheap feeling plastic let me down. Nothing compares to the BANPRESTO Wario.
>>
>>7423273
but the banpresto is shorter and less articulated
>>
>>7423273
>bad paint, proportions, and cheap feeling plastic
You're wrong on every point there.
>>
>>7423371
shorter is fine, because it looks more like wario. I don't care too much for articulation when there's no way to make it look good. Single jointed elbows on Wario are a small loss to get a figure that doesn't look like lanky kong
>>
>>7423373
Jakks stuff often looks like it was painted by blind people. Bad slop and chips are common. Their BOTW Link also looks more like Rowdy Roddy Piper than it does Link.

Maybe now that retarded piece of shit Reggie has left Nintendo though, the new guy will put more focus on merchandising.
>>
>>7423515
>that retarded piece of shit Reggie
The butthurt is strong in you.
>>
>>7423243
The size difference isn't too bad, it's just that the 2" Link is more accurate. The 4" still works, it's not to the point where it's awkward, case in point I pose my 4" Link with my 6" Ganondorf.
>>
>>7423919
Would you mind posting a pic?
>>
File: WON Zelda.jpg (1.62 MB, 3264x2448)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>7424311
Here ya go
>>
File: WON Zelda 2.0.jpg (995 KB, 2431x2184)
995 KB
995 KB JPG
>>7424433
Damn pics rotating... hope this works.
>>
>>7424461
Thanks my dude!
>>
File: 20190227_164158.jpg (85 KB, 1000x486)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Saw this at Walgreen's yesterday.
>>
>>7421565
Where's that Koopa from?
>>
>>7426466
boku no pico
>>
>>7426635
yamero
>>
>>7421565
Where can I get this?

Also, are they going to release another round of the Bowser Smash Bros amiibo?
>>
>>7426726
Probably not, it already had its restock back in December at a Target. I’d suggest buying it now if you really want it, cause it’s only gonna get rarer again
>>
File: 514xx9znRaL._SX466_.jpg (32 KB, 466x466)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>7426726
just get this one. it looks better
>>
>>7426466
If by Koopa, you mean Hammer Bro, World of Nintendo
Same if you meant King Koopa
>>
>>7427022
The guy said the brand of the Bowser when he posted the picture, it ain’t WoN. It’s almost a fucking foot tall...
>>
>>7427056
whoops, i should've paid more attention. ignore king koopa remark
>>
File: 813873.jpg (91 KB, 600x600)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
Finally some good fucking food
>>
>>7429956
Figma when?
>>
>>7429956
Where's my Olimar Nendo?
>>
>>7429956
really glad the zelda shit isn't dead, hopefully that means we could get more figma still.
>>
>>7429956
>>7429972
>>7430298
>>7430420
>(C) 2017
>>
>>7430618
That’s the copyright for Breath of the Wild, not this Nendoroid
>>
>>7430618
It was announced not too long ago.
>>
>>7429956
That's not Kass. Where's my Kass?
>>
Fi figma when????????????
>>
File: amiibo mario 30.jpg (165 KB, 982x1500)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
Why is it so difficult to find Amiibo? Between the limited supply from Nintendo, Amiibo appearing in "waves" before being discontinued, and stores carrying limited stock (Very few stores carry Amiibo. Those that do either have painfully few, or they carry an abundance of the same 3-4 figures at a time), it feels almost impossible for someone like me who just got a Switch and now wants to pick up some.

Is there a decent online retailer that I should be using instead? Of course, there is obviously eBay, but there is some clear price gouging on there aside from the hit-or-miss quality that you get from sellers. Hell, even Nintendo's own site barely has any on sale. Please share your secrets, /toy/, and tell me that there's a great online retailer that I don't know about with a decent selection of amiibo
>>
>>7430916
From the beginning Nintendo said these weren’t meant to be something to go completionist on and to only focus on a few you like. No one has any easier time with it, it’s either get lucky enough to get in a preorder or find one on release day, or pay the scalper tax. I have seen a few listings of Japanese ones on Amazon and elsewhere that aren’t horribly gougy. They’re functionally the same as the English releases for the most part, just with different printing on the box that idiot collectors think gives them value.
>>
>>7430916

I just bought my first one, Ridley, because the sculpt is great, I doubt he ever gets much more merchandise again, and I always meant to get one to transfer Miis with. Honestly, I've held out this long, and don't see the point of really getting more. Most of those characters have other representations you can get. It's not really worth approximately $18 or so a pop just to try and be completist and have them sitting around.
>>
>>7431064

And hell, that's not even factoring in aftermarket Slowbro, or exclusive markups.
>>
with all the smash displays people put together, has anyone ever made a final destination / battlefield diorama?
>>
File: IMG_0482_large.jpg (31 KB, 480x360)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>7431075
i was thinking for FD you could use something like a cake tray as the base, just something raised but also sturdy
>>
>>7431059
>Why is it so difficult to find Amiibo?
>>7431064
>Ridley, because the sculpt is great, I doubt he ever gets much more merchandise again
that is why. amiibos exist to fill a merch void and nothing else, for characters who'll never be in a regular toyline. but if i did want Ridley or Dedede, id rather have something big
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (171 KB, 1280x720)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>7431075
they actually sold one for battlefield. there's also one for kirby and splatoon.
>>
>>7431086
i'd like this if it were 3 times as big and actual action figures could be posed on it
>>
>>7431106
yes it does suck. i impulse bought it for like 8$ on day 1.
>>
>>7430420
Both Nintendo and GoodSmile need to capitalize on this.
>Would go well with the already released ALBW Link
>Has legions of Smash fans who like her
>Is relevant again
>>
>>7431442
Honestly doesn't seem like the last few Zelda releases by them have sold as well as Skyward Sword Link did. Always seeing them on sale around the place but never saw SS do that.
>>
>>7431442
i would love this so much, as i think she better represents what Zelda looks like most of the time than TP Zelda does. but it doesn't seem to be too likely.

Hoping for a figma of her or a figma Marin to go w/ ALBW Link, since we probably won't get a Links awakening Link figma. (his designs almost the same as the other Link)
>>
1/7 Midna when?
>>
>>7431996
1/1 Midna when?
>>
>>7431537
*whispers into ear* we're getting none of that
>>
>>7431075
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfR8aJnNqE4
>>
File: 20190304_164806.jpg (624 KB, 1756x1080)
624 KB
624 KB JPG
>>7429956
about damn time
>>
File: D02WztiX4AEE7Ga.jpg large.jpg (137 KB, 1080x1080)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
I kinda like it.
>>
>>7432988
Oh, so it's a sequel to Eddie Lebron's movie
>>
>>7431999
IMAGINE.

Also nice UK police trips lad.
>>
>>
>>7433009
1/1 Midna is a thought crime here in bongland
>>
File: [[angry]].jpg (13 KB, 480x360)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>7432988
>>7433279
BRING SONIC BOOM BACK GOD DAMN IT
>>
>>7433284
Our police logic goes
>Bloke thinks about fucking fictional character that looks even slightly too young
>Go to prison
>A muslim man or old rich white bloke rapes a real child
>Swept under the rug, parents of the child are either threatened or payed hush money to keep quiet
>>
>>7431455
I think the SS Link only sold so well because everyone figured it was the only good Link figure we would get. Then when we started seeing more figmas and nendos coming out, everyone thought "well, I'll just wait for (insert favorite Zelda game) Link, since they are doing tons of them. Then GSC saw the dip in sales and thought that the Zelda releases weren't worth investing in anymore
>>
>>7430916
>TFW still have both 8-bit Marios and Gold/Silver
>Sitting in storage for 2 years

Oh boy
>>
>>7432988
>>7433279
>blue arms
really glad this caught on
>>
>>7433697
It also helped that it was the first actual quality poseable Link figure available.
I wish they would do Figma OoT Link, but honestly I'd settle for Figma BotW Link if they ever decide to stop wasting the license on Nendos. Don't get me wrong, the Nendos were great for Toon Link/Zelda but the Figmas just work better for the other incarnations.
>>
>>7433868
I'm still utterly baffled they didn't do BotW Link... there's no reason not to, and it could come with so much shit for a DX release.
>>
>>7430916
Walmart stopped carrying them. Game stop and target have paltry selections. And amazon is full of scalpers. Best buy is the only place left that has a decent number. With toys r us gone it's become much harder. I have around 160 amiibo and i probably got 120 of them at toys r us.
>>
>>7433912
I still think he's gonna get announced at SOME point. But I get that they'd want to shill the Nendos first.
I just hope that if they do DX him, they give him the Travelers sword and shield instead of the Master Sword/Hylian Shield. It's getting really stale that EVERY Link needs to come with them.
>>
>>7429956
I'll bet a hundred bucks that her DX version includes the Master Sword and Hylian Shield for Nendo Botw Link.
>>
>>7434027
>I still think he's gonna get announced at SOME point
That ship has sailed, they've missed the hype train
>>
>>7434189
If that were the case they wouldn't have bothered with Nendo BotW Zelda.
>>
>>7434237
That at least has the Nendo Link and guardian to pair with.
My interest in a BotW Zelda Nendo died ages ago though.
>>
>>7434245
I'm not very interested in nendos in the first place. They worked really well for the Wind Waker characters but I'd prefer the more realistic proportions of the figma for anything outside of the Toons.
Nendo Majora's Mask Link was an exception because it's fucking rare to get ANY figure from MM.
>>
File: toonlink.png (704 KB, 1351x561)
704 KB
704 KB PNG
>>7434341
I was pretty excited for the Wind Waker nendos because I figured the proportions and style would work pretty well. But then my tism got the best of me and they're just too different even though the faces are good. The Jakks is a little closer but his head is still too large. I wish the sculptor would have just looked at a fucking reference.
>>
File: 16783.jpg (174 KB, 640x421)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>7434483
does this calm your tism?
>>
>>7432988
white hands, the designer actually FORGOT that Sonic wears gloves...well who can blame him really? It's not like white gloves have been a common design element in cartoon characters for 90 years or something...
>>
>>7429956
>BotW Zelda
>Nendo
Nope and nope. Who fucking buys this trash?
>>
>>7434483
It was fine with me, the only thing it's really missing is a neck.
>>
>>7434027
There's a guy on Shapeways who has just about every weapon and shield from BOTW for sale that are in scale for figma. Even have functioning scabbards for the swords with a peg on the back, handles for the shields, and bows have hooks for strings. You would have to paint everything but that's not a dealbreaker for me personally.

I'm buying the traveler's sword and bow for now to see how the quality is since each piece is around $8-10. Only thing he doesn't have is an arrow quiver but I might just make my own out of some scrap leather.
>>
>>7435881
That's really quite cool. Be sure to post pictures when you get them, I'm very interested in this.
I'm almost glad they haven't confirmed BotW Link, I could see myself spending way too much money outfitting him with a ton of BotW weapons.
>>
File: n7q5yeurk27z.jpg (757 KB, 3840x2160)
757 KB
757 KB JPG
>>7435895
I definitely will but it might be in a new thread by then. I gotta pay an important bill then get paid again since I'm a poorfag, and it looks like Shapeway orders take a few weeks to complete anyway. I'm opting for the polished nylon plastic material so hopefully it's pretty smooth as far as 3D prints go. I'll do a before and after comparison after I paint them.

I still would like to get one of these kits made too. The scale would be off for figma Link but I guess you could pass it off as a shrine guardian, maybe take an astromech droid head and use that instead.
>>
>>7436048
Well, however long it ends up taking I'll be keeping an eye out whenever you do get them! Good luck with your bills anon.
>>
File: bernie 1.jpg (6 KB, 225x225)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>7436048
Godspeed anon looking forward to seeing it.
>>
>>7422534
You know that those are bootlegs, right?
>>
Anyone recognize, let alone in possession of one of the Bowsers on top of the Fucking Nerd's TV?
>>
File: mobos.jpg (282 KB, 1050x2160)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
5Below is still a nice Amiibo place to be.
>>
File: mobos2.jpg (401 KB, 1050x2160)
401 KB
401 KB JPG
>>7438530
And as much of a mess as the Animal Crossing amiibos are, buy one get one free is pretty awesome.
>>
>>7423252
My one character I had hoped to come from that line was Peach or Waluigi. Waluigi maybe a little bit more. I'm so happy they at least did a proper WON figure though that has decent articulation. Sucks you can only really have him stand in one position though.
>>
File: 1551374616978.jpg (113 KB, 1024x1024)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>2014 + 5
>finally come to terms I'll never finish my amiibo collection
Good fucking damn it /toy/. They were so fucking cool and they were some the first figures I started keeping in box. I had a lot of fond memories of bussing all around my area for almost two years trying to pick them all up, and now it feels like it's all over. At least I git the Callie Marie two pack. Probably has to be my favourite.
>>
>>7441995
Why are you giving up?
>>
>>7438482
It's from a line of trophy figures Hasbro put out in the 80s.
>>
File: complete.png (673 KB, 816x641)
673 KB
673 KB PNG
>>7441995
>>7442727
>sheesh, buddy. get a life!
>>
>>7441995
>finally come to terms I'll never finish my amiibo collection
Been there
All I have a pic to remind myself how far I have gone. They’re all gone now.
I should have use amiibo cards from the beginning
>>
>>7432988
No you don't, you beaten house wife syndrome having faggot.
>>
>>7441995
>not just getting the ones you liked
That was your first mistake.
>>
>>7441987
I hate to argue, but your hope was for Figuarts to do Waluigi?
They would have done more than a dozen more characters before reaching Waluigi. Peach, DK, all the generic koopa types. We'd probably get Rosalina and Daisy before Waluigi
>>
>>7417649

▲▲
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (197 KB, 721x888)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
Any chance they'll rerelease the Prime figma again? im still happy with the Other M, even though Prime is better
>>
>>7445169
I'm surprised they haven't. Other M got a re-release three years on the trot but Prime hasn't had any so far.
Maybe when they release another Nintendo, this will get a second run.
Or maybe it sold poorly due to everyone having Other M and not seeing the need for a second Samus.
>>
>>7443731
Wow, you're a retard.
>>
>>7445283
The Nintendo Figma hype is dead compared to the initial Samus and Link.
>>
>>7441995
Nothing changed recently to spur this though. Is this post from like 2017?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBacb1QgH7Q

our boy keeps on bringing the good stuff!
>>
>>7445887
I wish these were readily available in the UK
>>
>>7445887
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>7445904
you americans are so spoilt while Based users such as Toy Insanity show us Europoors all the stuff we will never ever see on store shelves.
>>
>>7445296
>projecting this hard
lmaoing @ ur life, faggot.
>>
>>7446061
You're the one projecting, that's what's sad.
>>
>>7446061
>>7446062
you two love birds sure enjoy hating something not meant for either of you, huh?
>>
>>7446068
You're not very good at reading, huh?
>>
File: iu.jpg (312 KB, 1534x2151)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>7433631
Here you go.
>>
>>7446073
so what exactly did any of your garbage have to do with children's toys?

>>7446090
>>>/v/

fuck off you cancer
>>
>>7446091
Imagine being told to go to /v/ by someone so rude
>>
>>7446090
an underrated game hated for the wrong reasons
>>
>>7446091
Are you for real? You aren't paying attention at all. Fuck off and die.
>>
>>7447374
Video games do not belong on /toy/, >>>/v/ cancer-kun. fuck off and die
>>
>>7447377
Nobody was talking about the video games you fucking moron.
>>
>>7443661
Hope you at least kept the display and that detective pikachu. Hes worth a pretty penny
>>
>>7446051
Satan
>>
>>7446051
samefag
>>
>>7445283
I hope they do Ridley and rerelease Samus
>>
File: 1517177245100.jpg (38 KB, 475x350)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>oh nice, an amiibo I was looking into getting dropped back down closer to standard price
>gets lost in the fucking mail
THIS THE THIRD FUCKING TIME THIS HAPPENED, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

>seller doesn't have any other copies to send out as a replacement so they refund
>the rest are for retard prices again
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>7453738
who you trying to get?
>>
Any Daisy figures worth buying??
>>
>>7453879
Most recently the Mario series Diddy Kong.
>>
>>7453949
Just the Amiibo and the various small figures over the years. Jakks made Princess Peach for their 4 inch line but didn't follow up with Daisy or Rosalina because they're cunts.
>>
>>7448318
I actually did keep that pikachu, Tiki,Mewtwo, C. Falcon and all the Zelda amiibo.
Wish I didn’t sell the Megaman switch set. That shot up in price.
I made about 5k off the rest,
>>
Is Play Asia a good, reputable site to buy Amiibo?

They have a decent selection, and I don't mind buying some Japanese versions of the figures since I plan to take some out of the box so that I can use them with my Switch (and they are supposedly region free). My only hesitation is that I haven't purchased from them before and, as they are based in Hong Kong, I am concerned about getting some kind of Chinese counterfeit instead of the real deal. Anyone buy from them before? Are they trustworthy?
>>
>>7454340
>Just the Amiibo
>>
>>7442914
I had a couple of these. They had little stickers on the base of the trophy for you to write down a high score and a date. Kind of a neat idea, even though the sculpting and painting on the figures themselves was horrendous.
>>
>>7456300
They’re legit, or at least they were when I last used them in 2010-2011. I bought some Japan-only games and a 3rd Party region-lock removal mod kit for PS2, and the whole experience was similar to what you’d expect from a small US online retailer. All the games were genuine, new copies. No problems with ordering, payment, or shipping; can’t remember what pay system they use, I think it was credit card.
>>
>>7456300
There really aren't KO Amiibo and HK sellers usually do not deal in KOs anyway. General rule of thumb is that Hong Kong and Taiwan are trustworthy, China proper is not.
>>
>>7456394
I wouldn't trust anything coming from any of those places.
>>
>>7453949
There is this Knex blindbag Daisy that came out a while ago.
>>7456300
I got a few Japanese amiibo from them back when the craze was in full swing. Didn’t have any problems with them.
>>
>>7456394
>Hong Kong and Taiwan are trustworthy
kek
>>
>>7443661
How did you even get that in store display?
>>
>>7456634
Then you're a moron arbitrarily excluding yourself from a good source of items.

>>7457687
I have plenty of buying experience that says they are. Keep feeling superior in your ignorance though, child.

>>7443661
When TRU was closing up employees would sometimes break internal protocol and give these away to people who asked. Or sell them under the table. Sadly most stores have a policy that promotional shit like that is supposed to be trashed. Sometimes employees will 'steal' them for themselves.
>>
>>7456300
I got a Ness from them back when the US version was being scalped to hell, it's just fine and they're definitely region-free.
>>
File: Big Key.jpg (331 KB, 1320x1728)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
I have a few of these. Keep meaning to display them with a Smash Bros. theme but I'm lazy and haven't made a Cardboard Box for Snake or a background.
>>
>>7464582
dont they make pixel beads that dont have holes in them?
>>
>>7464592

Maybe? It was one of several little things my GF gave me for Christmas, she's more of an expert.
>>
>>7464592
They're beads that you stick on pegs so no.
The flat side won't have holes but it's also melted.
>>
File: 71VbTWxBGSL._AC_.jpg (109 KB, 1120x1361)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
Goddamn I wish we got the remaining WoN Pikmin. Thinking of cannibalizing a Pikmin amiibo to fill out my set more.
>>
File: skeptical computer girl.png (1.62 MB, 1440x900)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
Blogpost incoming
>Selling collectible Zelda Wii U with Amiibos over eBay, $150 for everything
>Get offer for $100
>Tell him to fuck off with his lowball
>Calls me "insane" and that "he'd go all the way to $130" for it all
>>
>>7465963
$130 isn't a bad offer.
>>
>>7465963
What is your point?
>>
>>7432578
where can i find this glorious item
>>
>>7465963
>allow offers
>won't accept $20 less

>>7466229
build your own
>>
>>7433701
I have a bunch I packed up for the room and just use the bootleg cards now. I miss 8-bit Mario, he was cool. They should have done more 8-bit anniversary editions of the other big N games.
>>
>>7466229
By bugging this sips looking motherfucker
https://www.instagram.com/danilink1/
>>
>>7466244
Sips?
>>
>>7465963
idiot
>>
File: 20171125_194817.jpg (1.89 MB, 4128x2322)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB JPG
>>7464582
nice
>>
>>7466244
Where is that charizard from in the 3rd shelf of the leftmost detolf
>>
>>7470210
Sorry forgot pic
>>
>>7470199
This makes me think of that Goku and Vegeta fistbump pictures
>>
>>7470210
>>7470216
X-Plus NEO
>>
File: 20190328_210748.png (624 KB, 1080x1134)
624 KB
624 KB PNG
I think the Pokemon thread died, but I did look for it for the record. Anyone know if there fuckers got released?
>>
>>7471005

They never got released
>>
File: tomy cancelled.png (1.1 MB, 1522x1668)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>7471005
id keep searching on aliexpress for prototypes. they never popped up ever
>>
>>7471134
>>7471063
I had a feeling. Thanks
>>
>>7470260
that's exactly what I was going for so that makes me happy
>>
>>7471005
>>7471134
All they had to do was release the damn Leafeon/Glaceon set and I was fine with them losing the license. Not happy about it, but I could accept it. This incomplete set of Eeveelutions is pissing me off.
>>
>>7471614
Looks even better because they're exploding the fist bump
>>
>>7445169
This is miles better. I literally threw the other one in the trash after i got this.
>>
>>7472099
The Other M suit is a fuckton better, you literal autist.
>>
File: 20190329_202349.jpg (749 KB, 2560x1920)
749 KB
749 KB JPG
So my Cloud amiibo came in the mail today, and it looks like I got a defective one? Upper body is leaning to the side instead of being straight, even that plastic mold holder thing behind him isn't lined up. Pretty interested to know how it got like that because as far as I can see nothing looks broken or anything like that. Gonna keep it sealed for the novelty but since I'm autistic and retarded I ordered another one because I also want a normal one to keep out of the box, money well spent.
>>
File: sure.png (106 KB, 200x200)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
> next 2 waves are all just tracks of various Mario's
This line is so dead
>>
>>7472422
I just want the Koopa kids completed, but I guess that's asking too much.
>>
>>7472427
I can't believe they skipped fucking Wendy. She was the only one I wanted.
>>
>>7472422
Really sucks, guess the new toy designer just doesn't push as hard for other franchises.
Which is fine because hey, kids will want mario variants.
But after getting my dick teased through the prime 3 stuff I'm fucking pissed we never got anything for Samus Returns.
>>
>>7472427
I'm pissed that they never released a white Pikmin to complete that set. I figured Pikmin 3 was off the table originally which is why we only got Olimar and the Pikmin from the first 2 games, but it sets off my autism that I can't even have a white one for each type from that game.

>>7472736
I wouldn't mind the Mario focus of they went all out with the enemies and filled in the gap with missing characters like Daisy and Rosalina plus making the repacks the harder to find guys like Waluigi. But nope, it's all fucking Mario repaints.
>>
>>7472422
JUST MAKE A 4 INCH THWOMP AND CHAIN CHOMP YOU FUCKS. THEY DON'T EVEN NEED ARTICULATION. I'M NOT ASKING FOR MUCH HERE.
>>
File: x9bea3eoa8l11.jpg (140 KB, 1346x757)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>7443735
I just really like him :)
>>
>>7417649
>April
>Shovel Knight amiibo 3-pack

Well this aged poorly
>>
if you can't figure out why you aren't getting laid

this is one of the reasons

carry on gentlemen
>>
>>7474144
What did?
>>
>>7474188
The game update, physical release and amiibo got delayed again to God knows when.
>>
File: image.jpg (266 KB, 1501x1265)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
What's the best Wario figure?
>>
How to remove hat from Figuarts Mario?

>>7474834
WoN is pretty much your only option besides N64 Mario Kart or figurines.
>>
File: 20190331_171322.jpg (917 KB, 2560x1920)
917 KB
917 KB JPG
>>7472409
The second one came in today and it's seems to be perfectly normal, could't get the differences to come through that well in any of my photos but the differences between them are a lot more noticeable in person. Defect's on the left and the normal one's on the right in case it's hard to tell. Rate, comment and subscribe to my blog.
>>
>>7474987
are you asburgers?
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 500x456)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>7474834
Is the Banpresto one any good? And is it legit if it's in a bag woth a banpresto seal?
>>
>>7475004
He still collects amiibo. Of course he is.
>>
File: kNrQyMw.jpg (469 KB, 1920x1080)
469 KB
469 KB JPG
>>7475105
apparently the banpresto is bulkier, but the WoN is most poseable
>>
>>7475004
I said so in my first post.
>>
>>7472246
>anything from Other M being better than any other game in the series

Plays like shit and written by a game developer that hates women so the plot was horrible with shit that made zero sense for "fake difficulty"
>>
>>7465963
they have an option to set up auto accept and auto decline prices. Use it.

>list item for $150 free shipping
>set auto prices
>see declined offers
>33% all the way to 80% below asking
>person who buys doesn't even make an offer, just pays full price
>>
>>7430916
They know that a lot of players who just want them for in-game stuff are buying those pirate cheat devices with the codes built in so they probably see no need to "make enough for everyone" and otherwise don't wish to flood the market. Nintendo is big on false supply shortages to drive demand way up, see the Classic systems. Honetsly the only eople shelling out money to this company to start with are morons and Nintendo knows it so they can take advantage of them, everyone else knows they're hugely anti-consumer and went to piracy long ago.
>>
>>7423799
Reggie was a fucking asshole, anyone sad to see him go is retarded. They guy practically flipped the bird to Mother 3 fans on multiple occasions, repeatedly denied localizing games people wanted and was honestly a douche.

Fuck you for liking him. It was like people crying when that thief Stan Lee died when he stole all his work from Ditko, Kirby and others.
>>
>>7476207
Now you're at sweltering levels of asshurt.
>>
>>7476207
>They guy practically flipped the bird to Mother 3
just download it
>>
>>7476401
your mother dies, which motivates the game's further events

Pokey is the main villain behind everything

Pokey loses the final battle by imprisoning himself forever
>>
>>7476473
Smash Bros already spoiled all of this
>>
>>7476551
yep. still no need to release it after all
>>
File: Phantom_Sword_Wield.png (134 KB, 676x600)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>7434483
Looks like they actually based off the WoN figure off the Phantom Hourglass model which personally I'm not a huge fan of.
>>
>>7465963
Wii U is an obsolete console. You're lucky someone is willing to give you $130 for it, dumbass.
>>
>>7477720
They didn't
>>
File: Untitled.png (748 KB, 1320x745)
748 KB
748 KB PNG
Tomy finally updated their reseller catalog. they literally have nothing now.
>>
>>7478544
Does anyone have the set with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and the chaos? I'd like to see how big they are next to some World of Nintendo figures
>>
>>7478935
theyre shorter than skull kid
>>
>>7478998
How much though? Any side by side comparisons?
>>
>>7479017
about as tall as Bowser Jr
>>
>>7476207
>They guy practically flipped the bird to Mother 3 fans on multiple occasions,
I'm an Earthbound/Mother fan, and I have never felt this way. You really don't know what you're talking about here.

You act like Reggie was single-handedly stopping the game from being brought to the States.The truth is that the game was never going to get localized (at least not in time before the end of the GBA's life), due to licensing issues and other aspects of the game (Magypsies) that would have almost certainly had to be changed due to cultural differences. And yes, Earthbound also shamelessly sampled (read: copied) famous songs in its soundtrack, but it's not the 90's anymore, and you can't get away with blatantly ripping off popular music in your major video game release anymore. In addition to translating and localizing the game, changing the Magypsies and other cultural elements to suit the American audiences, they would have also had to change portions of the soundtrack. That's a lot to work to bring over a late GBA title in a series that wasn't a huge seller when they tried to bring over Earthbound (and yes, I'm aware that there are extenuating circumstances that hurt EB's sales).

I think you're blaming Reggie for having a little fun with it, when really his hands were probably tied. Or, even if it was within his authority, it probably wouldn't have been a smart business decision to do so. Either way, if you haven't played Mother 3 by now with a translation patch, you have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
>>7478544
Why is modern Tails pee yellow?
>>
>>7482264
He's not drinking enough water.
>>
>>7478544
I still need to get me that 3" Sonic.
>>
What are our chances of seeing any new SHF/Figma/Nendo that isn't Pokemon this year? I feel like the good days have come to a screeching halt.
>>
>>7486202
when they feel like it. I always think every time we get a new Smash Bros, companies get off their asses and commission for nintendo licenses. i dont think there's anymore incentive for Lucario or Blaziken rereleases because kantoooooo
>>
>>7486202
Max Factory is too busy riding the Fate GO money machine to care about anything else. We should've had Breath of the Wild Link by now, especially since it hasn't left the top 10 charts of Switch software that sell every week,
>>
>>7487898
The future was wide open...we could've had it all.
>>
>>7487930
Blame the Switch for meaning Nintendo doesn't have to rely on plastic trinkets to keep going.
>>
>>7487943
> Blame the Switch for meaning Nintendo doesn't have to rely on plastic trinkets to keep going.
But it's not like Nintendo isn't licensing out their stuff anymore. There's still a lot more stuff out there than before the WiiU era, but for some reason they're pulling away from toys in general.

It's especially baffling because Lucina and Corrin sold extremely well and there's no doubt other characters from Fates/Awakening would've sold like crazy too.
>>
>>7434483
Didn’t you know? The Jakks sculptor is already using references, it’s why he still knows what the hell it’s supposed to be.
However he only takes a look at the photos ’round twelve when they let him out of the storage closet.
>>
>AmiAmi email for Isabelle still hasn't come

COME ON
>>
>>7487943
Or Figma is just being retarded, like normal.
>>
File: Mariolets.png (460 KB, 850x477)
460 KB
460 KB PNG
When will they learn?
>>
>>7489184
The mobage stuff sells a hell of a lot better than the Nintendo figures, so they’re going to make the figures that will sell rather than going out of their way to help people complete their Smash displays or whatever. That’s just the way the cookie crumbles with capitalism.
>>
anyone got an up to date checklist for the Smash Bros amiibo line? Especially with Variants for ROB and the DLC fighters.
>>
>>7489184
Max Factory is kind of retarded in that it doesn't strike when the iron is hot for absolutely anything. They even drag their feet with the Fate cast from time to time (The still haven't released the purple haired girl from the original series or the spinoff loli for example)
BotW would likely have been a pretty great seller if they made one when the hype was at its peak but it seems like the moderately poor sales of TP Zelda and Link put them off.
>>
>>7489214
but Sonic is the over-scaled one...
>>
>>7489649
t. mariolet
>>
>>7489649
Nothing else was being implied
>>
What are the cheapest amiibo that aren't Animal Crossing?
>>
>>7489214
to not make Sonic figures so grossly out of scale? No clue.
>>
File: Not this one, retard.jpg (72 KB, 640x432)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>7492592
>>
>>7489649
>>7489724
Oh nevermind. Just realized the filename.

>>7492651
Am I the only one who doesn't read filenames as part of the 'conversation'? Just write your damn comment in the text field. Lol. Leaving the intention of your post hidden in the filename is asking for confusion.
>>
>>7492754

If you're the only one who doesn't, then shouldn't you be the one to change your habits instead of expecting everyone else to change?
>>
>>7492754
>Leaving the intention of your post hidden in the filename is asking for confusion.
Only a problem for phone subhumans.
>>
>>7492754
filenames are this site's easter eggs. shame on you for never finding them
>>
The new Ken and Daisy amiibo are pretty fucking sweet, retardedly detailed at that.
>>
Got 'em.
>>
>>7494701
Echo Fighter Double Date.
>>
>>7494707
Hard for them to date when they are surrounded in a garbage cocoon.
>>
>>7494742
They wear protection.
>>
>>7494784
My apologies, carry on.
>>
>>7492466
Probably the ones available at Five Below - it’s been a while since I checked, but I think that includes Ryu, Lucas, R.O.B., Kirby series Kirby, SM series Toad and Peach, aaaaand I think that’s it.
>>
>>7494701
Got my Link yesterday, I love him. He can hang out with my OOT Adult Link now.
>>
>>7495049
“Link, you’ve created a time paradox!”
>>
>>7494701
Does the super Mario Daisy function the same as the ssb one?
>>
>>7495049
I did the same thing anon
>>
>>7496326
Most likely
>>
>>7496326
Pretty sure, yeah.

#daisydiet
>>
Young ones.
>>
2 days not a single post
i miss gsc x nintendo :(
>>
>>7498590
You're not alone friend.
>>
>>7496651
Just 5 years ago we had like zero modern merchandise of Young Link, now my boy is getting it in droves
>>
>>7498625
If only he'd get the only one I want, a high end action figure.
>>
>>7498787
With pinch-able cheek action!
>>
>>7499637
>>7499637
>>7499637
New Thread

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.