[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 99 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

ITT: Bootleg toys of various lines.

-Review bootlegs
-Updates on what’s been bootlegged
-Sites that sell bootlegs.

Why collect bootlegs?
-The original is out of production and has a huge aftermarket price
-Fodder for customs

For those looking for bootlegs of figures such as Figma, check listings on eBay that have sellers from China or Taiwan. Other southeast Asian countries sometimes are legit for bootlegs (other than Japan), but buyer beware. Aliexpress.com is another go-to site for bootlegs.
>>
File: DSC_3382 - Copia.jpg (217 KB, 1152x768)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>7376334
8 usd each, best deal ever.
>>
File: 1549329573398.jpg (74 KB, 588x391)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
How do I know you're not trying to trick me?
How do I muster the courage to buy from aliexpress?
>>
>>7376380
Nice! Where did you grab them from?
>>
>>7376426
You are a few years late to the party.
>>
>>7376381
Aliexpress is like eBay in that their claims resolution tends to favor the buyer to the point where getting refunds if the item never arrives is fairly painless. I've had maybe a 25% no-show rate after 60 days (ordered like 8 or so bootlegs, 2 never arrived) and gotten fully refunded for each once 60 days had passed. Hell, they've even got a system for partial refunds if the item arrives but there's something wrong with it (got a Bring Arts 2B with two right shins for $7 this way).
>>
>>7376381
Yeah, come on, you can trust the commies.
I used to buy from there, but I only use eBay now. Been enjoying DBZ figuarts bootlegs for fodder and getting those cool old accessories Bandai used to pack in.
>>
File: DySDO9mX4AAr7Fz.jpg (83 KB, 1200x900)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
Strongly do not recommend either Majin Vegeta or Saiyan Raised on Earth bootlegs. Poorly recasted, 1.0 style articulation crudely disguised as 2.0, samples here either super loose or falling off in some cases.
>>
>>7376467
>>7376485
What's something piss cheap to do a test order?
>>
>>7376502
You can find a bunch of Tamashii Effect bootlegs for like $5-15 shipped. Effect parts are always fun to have around, and the fact that they're mostly just clear plastic with shading means there's very little to fuck up.
>>
>>7376518
Oh yeah. I do need some effect parts.
>>
>>7376380
I thought these were factory rejects that some factory worker snuck out and sold on eBay.
>>
Concerned anon here.
How are the bootleg Figma Archetypes? I just remembered I needed one for a custom and they are pretty cheap.
>>
File: 20181009_165100.jpg (3.37 MB, 4032x3024)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB JPG
Deku has a pretty decent bootleg. Of course the paint isnt amazing but it's one of the nicer bootlegs out there most likely due to the simple design
>>
Recommend me some stores.
>>
Thinking of getting MS Venom and AY Carnage, according to reviews on Aliexpress Venom doesn't have two left hands and Carnage comes with replacement joints, I already have spare joints but that sounds promising at least.
>>
>>7376742
The older version archetypes are okay. Joints will be decent for bootlegs though sockets may have a defect. Mold flash is relatively common.

Newer versions are a mixed bag. Some joints can be loose or fall apart (not break, they just don’t stay together). Still, decent bases for customs.
>>
Bit the bullet and bought the bootleg Parform Rei Ayanami. I’ll let you anons know how she fairs.
>>
I was able to get a hands on look at a D-arts X. It was $20 but the legs were completely wobbly and the left hand wouldn't latch back into place.
>>
Still waiting on Not-Figma Sonico. The slow boat from China is real.
>>
Does anyone have the Thriller MJ figma? Is it good?
>>
>>7377080
let us know how she turns out.
>>
>>7378300
I bought two of the non-tanned bootleg Sonico's about 2yrs ago. The joints were tight, literally squeaky-tight. Paint was bad, obviously, but the molding for the parts was not bad (though the limbs were soft and somewhat flimsy). One of mine came with an extra left hand for one of the hand options instead of its right counterpart.

I bought it for custom fodder, but a decent bootleg as it was.
>>
>>7376763
My payment was just processed, let's hope this thread is still alive when my damaged boxes and plastic bubbles arrive.
>>
Does anyone have a the bootleg of the Play arts kai Titanfall Atlas?
>>
>>7378350
Fake-Sonico buyer here, that doesn't sound too bad.
>>
>>7376698
They are.
>>
File: gg.jpg (37 KB, 531x750)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
Does anyone have a bootleg Figuarts SSG Goku? I'm thinking of picking one up just for the head. I want to display base, Awakening SS, SS3, and SSB Goku and I have an extra Goku body I figured I'd use for SSG, but I'm not dropping the $150+ for it.
>>
>>7382787
I don't own it, saw one at a shop I go to regularly. It... looked really bad. Very orange/peach colored face with sloppy paint. I can't attest to anything else as I didn't buy it. But it looked bad.
>>
>>7377080
She's messy. You'll need to either shave down her joint pins or drill out her limbs.
>>
>>7382803
I figured I'd need to do something like that. Still leaning on replacing factory joints with Hobby Base ones.
She's in the country, now. Dunno how long the customs will take.
>>
File: 5 Misakas.jpg (725 KB, 1920x1080)
725 KB
725 KB JPG
>>7376380
I was able to get in on this as well for 3 of them.

I also got a similar deal on my Misaka team.
>>
>>7382787
I have one, wrist joints and head to neck connection are fragile. Rest is good though I wouldn't recommend if you want a full fledged figure
>>
>>7376380
when did they make KOs of these?!
>>
File: P4242175.jpg (457 KB, 1280x960)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
>>7385345
This was like 6 years ago. We used to call them "reijects" because we assumed they were factory rejects that didn't pass QC. Seems like a worker pocketed them and sold them on the side. They got official figma joints in them too, not the cheap bootleg joints that you'd normally see. They were going for like $15-20 USD, I got 3 for $50 shipped.
>>
>>7386676
Sometimes I think it's just too much of a coincidence that it was specifically Rei and Madoka who got a lot of factory rejects sold as bootlegs.
>>
Are there any bootleg OPTP Dinobots that aren't oversized?
I needed a Swoop, a Slug, and a Sludge for some customs.
>>
File: _DSC1067a.jpg (1.54 MB, 2036x1390)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>>7376380

Wow, it's been almost seven years. I only got one Reiject back then. Shame mine didn't come with extra faces, only the hands. This was my modest collection back then. The only figs I still own are the Canti, Fourze and Rei.
>>
File: YBMv4ld.jpg (826 KB, 2048x1536)
826 KB
826 KB JPG
Did anyone find bootleg Gwenpool? Or was that anon in the other thread bullshitting

>>7389556
are all toku collectors just after the FOTM?
>>
>>7389448
There's a standard size KO set of all 6 dinos. The keyword being "set". No Autobot emblems, Hasbro quality plastic & QC(so kinda shit)
>>
File: 72K_3993as.jpg (2.19 MB, 2000x1349)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
>>7391219

I regret selling a few of those figs. I still have plenty of toku, but I just kept my absolute favorites.
>>
>>7391219
theres nothing on aliexpress, so it probably was a scam
>>
>>7391228
Shit.
Maybe I'll just get a couple of KO aerialbots and work from there.
>>
I just ordered a chink figma from Aliexpress but I realized that I didn't have any money on my debit card right after making the order.
What now?
>>
>>7391219
That was me. I dont know much about bootlegs so I was more wondering if someone had one to know if they exist.
>>
Waiting on a figma Tamamo and Nero from good old China, but Nero's tracking number doesn't even work. I'm wondering if the seller even sent it out or if they just handed me a wrong number. I'm not too worried since I was able to snag the legit versions literally days after ordering those two, so I'm thinking about head swaps. Suggestions?
>>
>>7376954
Keep us posted anon.
I'm interested in turning her into a 2B custom parfom.
>>
>>7391229
God this looks so cool. I wish i could get into kamen rider but it seems so vast. What scale are these?
>>
Shf sports figure came in
>>
>>7395275
It’s huge in comparison to a regular one
>>
>>7395283
It’s not too bad if you consider that they’re athletes
>>
>>7395283
About what size? 7 inches?
>>
>>7395306
About 6.75 inches
>>
>>7395322
Is it too difficult to change the head? I've been looking for a good base for Ogon Bat for ages.
>>
>>7395326
It comes with multiple heads that even work with body chans, so it’s shf compatible. The heads might look small, though
>>
>>7376698
>reis
>rejects
Isn't saying that redundant, baka?
>>
Lots of torso articulation
>>
>>7395054
1/12 I guess. They're under 6 inches tall.
>>
>>7396772
Where's the outfit from?
>>
File: Wizardmon & Angemon.png (375 KB, 804x589)
375 KB
375 KB PNG
Made my first purchase on AliExpress yesterday. Shoutout to the anon in the Digimon general (>>7351770) who mentioned checking there for bootlegs. A total $32 USD for both of these. Hopefully they aren't terribad. Will post pics once I get them. Guess I'll see you lads in 23-35 days!
>>
You can string the bow for a bit of fun.
Also the figure himself has no loose bits. It’s very solid.

>>7396946
Gpslot on eBay
>>
>>7392349
Anyone?
I got a mail saying it's being shipped this morning.
>>
>>7396987
Maybe your bank is going to charge you for spending more than what you had available -- and overdraft fee. I've been hit with those before, they were like $25-35, I saw one bank even charged $50 when that occurred. You either gotta get money in your Debit account, or cancel the order to avoid an overdraft fee. If it's anything like Amazon where they charge your card once the item actually ships, you might have some extra time.
>>
>>7396995
It turns out that I had just enough on my account to pay in the end.
I'll still have this in mind. Thanks.
>>
File: NotSoKawaii.jpg (118 KB, 977x616)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
She arrived! Only thing off about it, other than the known-issues, is the waistband of her bikini bottoms is kind of peeled down on the left side. 1/2
>>
File: FaceDownAssUp.jpg (78 KB, 979x646)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>7400386
The Y-bar is incredibly loose. It may or may not be a contributing factor to Not-Sonico's tendancy to have hip dysplasia. I might apply some heat, pop the Y-bar, and then stuff a bit of paper towel in there to tighten it up.
>>
>>7400399
Is the plastic on the joints any good or is it lower quality than the one in your other figmoes?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (131 KB, 1200x1600)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>7396970
>Gpslot on eBay

those prices oof
>>
>>7400957
Eh, I'd say they're serviceable. Another anon mentioned that the rotation on the joints is tight, and I find this to be true. I had a couple pop apart, but they went back together without any trouble. I still intend to get some Hobby Base joints on there sometime down the road.
>>
>>7400386
Her hair looks... Ehhh... What about her face anon?
>>
File: Faces.jpg (147 KB, 929x485)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
Yeah, her hair isn't great. I'd say the print quality on the eyes and blushing is pretty good, but they seem to be printed off-kilter. There is some paint slop on the mouth of Popsicle-eating face, and the mouth on her smiling face is obviously off compared to the legit Sonico.
>>
>>7401115
I can see myself getting her for a bootleg body-swap
>>
Man, I don’t get why people were so ambivalent about the AY Venom bootleg; this thing is fun as hell and looks pretty damn nice (it’s got the same slightly metallic plastic as the original, which was unexpected). I really hope they end up bootlegging that clear variant because I’m always a slut for clear figures. What was the consensus on the other AY bootlegs again? I know Magneto, Wolverine, and Carnage are supposed to be great, but I haven’t heard a whole lot about Captain America or Batman.
>>
>>7402036
magneto, wolverine, cap and carnage are 100% recommended, gwen, venom and batman are clearly a category below but still worth the 15/20 bucks, spider man and deadpool have fragile joints and are not really recommended
>>
>>7402036
also the main complain about venom is that it had loose waist and was kind of a mess, but that was a problem with the original too so there wasn't much to do there
>>
If I buy a figure and they don't disclose it's a bootleg on ebay but i know, is it possible to get partial refund? I know it's a bootleg for the price.
>>
>>7376334
It's been years since I last bought bootlegs and I couldn't even pose them at all since they would just fall apart from moving them a bit. Do bootlegs of newer stuff have this problem? I wouldn't mind picking this up if I can at least pose it. >>7376743
>>
>>7401933
She's be good for it. The neck joint peg seems to be smaller than real figmas, but saps are possible. The new style figma wrist joints pop into the arms easily, too.
>>
File: DSCF3241.jpg (53 KB, 514x462)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>7402531
Damn, forgot the pic, shit as it is.
>>
>>7402254
> I know it's a bootleg for the price.

i have a feeling ebay may not buy this as a reason b/c it could be that the cheap price was up to the seller? worth a shot tho
>>
>>7402537
>thick honoka and small school girl sonico
No, anon, nooooo!!!
>>
So, about how long will it take my package from aliexpress to arrive?
Is it going to be two fucking months?
>>
>>7404610
It's a total crapshoot. I've had things take ten days and I've had them take three months. I'd say assume it'll be in the 4-6 week range but prepare for the possibility they'll take longer.
>>
>>7404643
I hope it's fast. My first order was really cheap because I wanted to to the test first.

Also, were the Perfect Effect feet with gattlings bootlegged? I've only seen the ones with railguns.
>>
>>7401115
>paint slop on the mouth of Popsicle-eating face
Lewd.
>>
Were the KOs of the Perfect Effect hands and feet discontinued or I just have no idea how to search for them in Aliexpress?
>>
>>7406282
they probably use a sketchy name to avoid legal troubles
>>
>>7400399
I'd forgotten about this issue. It's because it needs to sit deeper in there. Pop it out and scratch at the socket until you can push it in deeper.
>>
>>7406305
Thanks for the tip! I took a Dremel to it and it helped a bit. I could probably go further, but I don't want to risk it.
>>
My street boxer so far. All he needs is skin, some eyes, and a hat.
>>
>found a single bootleg figma David on aliex
>a week after i find it the seller takes it down
just
>>
File: bootleg.jpg (2.59 MB, 2449x3265)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB JPG
Bootleg series VI Deadpool
Not terrible, not great.
Smells strongly of chemicals even after a few Dawn baths.
Paint rub has gotten really bad on the shoulders, something I very rarely see with official copies. This is the most annoying thing about the figure. The black paint just didn't stick well and I've had to touch it up several times
Airbrushed paint seemed to stick fine. It's heavier shading than the official figure. I didn't like this so I used a VERY small bit of acetone to remove it where it was laid on real thick. This was an improvement because he was really dark beforehand.
Tgat weird armpit joint snapped, but it still articulates perfectly fine, holds poses just the same, and won't ever fall off or anything without trying really hard to make that happen. It's worth noting to be careful with it though.
All in all for the $20 I paid for him he looks great and has tight joints. The plastic quality seems perfectly fine too aside from the snap. It's gummy where it should be but stiff enough to hold itself in place.
He has some real problems though, and ends up feeling like a preview for the official figure. I've liked him so much despite his problems that I'm definitely going to grab an official one soon. He's a passable bootleg in the sense that you can have a lot of fun with him, but his problems may eventually have you looking for the better option.
>>
>>7395275
Got a search term for this one? I really want that foil and fencing mask, but the only bootleg Body-kuns I'm seeing are of the regular variety.
>>
>>7406297
I hate when that happens. Those were already fucking impossible to find with normal descriptions.
>>
>>7407518
China model toys has them listed as “Great Toys Action Figure Mold SHF Archetype Man Figma A Set”
>>
>>7407647
Thanks!
>>
File: DSC_0025.jpg (1010 KB, 2992x1688)
1010 KB
1010 KB JPG
I bought a bootleg Body-kun new edition. It is really eerie and scary that they copied everything on the box, specially the bandai logo. no one is that brave before to copy logos. even the shiny text are copied. the material used to make the box is 90% similar to the original.
>>
File: DSC_0026.jpg (1.19 MB, 2992x1688)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
it becomes obvious that this is a bootleg when you turn the box around. the pictures used are darker than usual, but still really eeriely copies the original to the tee before.
>>
File: DSC_0027.jpg (1.26 MB, 2992x1688)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
there's some instruction manual inside and its using glossy paper , like the original.
>>
File: DSC_0028.jpg (1 MB, 2992x1688)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
and the dead giveaway that this is a bootleg.
>>
>>7409165
His... his feet are so scary
>>
newfag here, is there a reason why nobody posts links to products? does /toy/ have a shill problem?
I just started collecting figures and was thinking of trying out some bootlegs from Ali, but wanted some opinions first.
>>
>>7409951
>is there a reason why nobody posts links to products?
There are usually multiple sources for bootlegs, some less expensive than others, some with more reviews than others, etc. It should be left up to the buyer when most of these figures can easily be found through AliExpress or eBay searches.
>>
File: 5648458.jpg (176 KB, 800x800)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>7409151
>>7409155
>>7409162
>>7409165
I myself consider getting a bootleg DX Set of Body-chan (Yabuki Kentarou ver.) since the original was never available in skin tone color. Do you happen to own that too? Also more review on this nekkid figure. Any good?
>>
>>7410117
I don't own a bootleg Body-chan. it is original. anyway, the bootleg body-kun is way taller than the original. too stiff in some joints, too loose in some joints.

as for the real body-chan, well its okay. I would say better than the real figma archetype she.
But if you want to use it as a reference, its only good for copying Yabuki style. You are better off using phicen for reference
>>
File: PVC10913-11.jpg (29 KB, 651x800)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>7410158
Getting the DX version because of the seiza leg parts & other parts, and no, not for reference, but for lewd mod purposes.
>>
>>7409151
how much did you got this & where?
>>
File: 20190220_202420-1.jpg (1.15 MB, 1152x1934)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
I got bootleg sinon and tried to remove one of her hands. It was stuck on tight so I used my retard strength and literally pulled the joint apart in the process. She was only 10 bucks on ali and the damn chinks didn't even package the sniper with her but still, are the joint lots I've seen on eBay any good? Should I just buy another one since I didn't get the rifle with this one?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX5vwZijojc
>>
>>7411714
I've got one of the joint lots and while I doubt they're legit, they do feel much sturdier than the joints that come with bootleg figures. I would recommend getting with the seller first, letting them know the hand is broken and you didn't get the gun. There's a chance they'll send you another figure or they may just give you a refund
>>
>>7411730
Yeah, I thought about that but it's way past the return period. Bought it for myself for christmas and forgot all about it until now. I'm thinking of buying a second and just returning this one for a refund, or hell maybe another replacement, it just seems like a hassle and I want to learn how to fix my toys now that I'm getting more into this. But how many of each sized joint did you get, is it truly random or a fixed number of each?
>>
>>7409165
I can feel that cheap plastic through the image
>>
>>7411756
if it was only $10 probably not worth it to ship it back imo. I'd use the broken one for custom fodder/practice and just buy a second one. Second one will still be the same quality of course.
>>
File: 20190220_211609-1.jpg (1.13 MB, 1152x1890)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
>>7411796
Yeah, sounds about right. Also looked up how to loosen up joints and tried the hot water method in a ziploc. It worked for the second hand which was just as tight and i even identified the problem. As it turns out the sleeves are to blame, sort of, probably some adhesive thing and I had to use my needle nose pliers to wiggle the hand off the joint as well. I appreciate the effort to keep things together if nothing else, but I'm still peeved about the rifle.
>>
File: 20190220_212402-1.jpg (1.09 MB, 1152x1819)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>7411819
And now I'm just being an asshole.
>>
>>7411714
she didn't come with an extra wrist joint? that sucks, you could try repair it
>>7411730
were did you got them from? I've searched on ebay and never found them, only the revo ones
>>
File: IMG_20181024_035702.jpg (395 KB, 1024x837)
395 KB
395 KB JPG
posting the only bootleg I didn't regret buying in the least. He may as well have been official.
>>
>>7412089
Huh, oddly enough I can't find any more? I bought them on eBay last summer and wow am I glad that I did if they all disappeared. I checked mine, and they're almost entirely elbow/knee joints
>>
I bought a NSIB Drossel figma a few months ago from a shop in Nakano Broadway while on holiday.
I've artistically been saving opening her for some good news so I can associate her with it.
Anyway, I'm terrified she's a bootleg. Is there a surefire way to know without opening her?
>>
>>7413198
Drossel or Drossel Charming?
>>
>>7413259
Drossel Charming.
>>
>>7413452
I haven't been able to find a bootleg Charming anywhere, so I'm not even sure if they exist. But I guess look for paint scuffs, or odd coloring? She's fairly simple so I'm not sure how you could tell without opening the box
>>
>>7413198
Just fucking open it
>>
Anyone here own the Figuarts mk 50 KO ...? If so I have already seen that the arms can be removed to switch out parts but can the legs do so as well?
>>
>>7413598
That's a good question I haven't seen any reviews that show the legs can be removed. Sorry I don't own that figure.
>>
>>7413518
>>7413198
so far only the first drossel has a bootleg, post photos to see if we can find anything weird
>>
>>7376334
does the authentic figma snake use ball joints on its shoulders, torso and thighs?
>>
>>7391229
Hey, anon. How is that Ultrman?
>>
>>7412093
Hey, Bat-anon. I'm the anon who ordered a while back after seeing your photos. I never got my figure from the seller and their account got smote by Ebay, so they just refunded me.
>>
Need to spend $5 on Ebay, what bootleg can I buy?
>>
Friendly warning: there's a type of scam chinks like to pull off on ebay, where they start offering insane discounts on their bootlegs but don't actually ship anything and then flee with the money.
The telltale signs are the too-good-to-be-true price and the seller's account getting removed. Maybe they expect some buyers not to ask for their money back, or their account got hacked, who knoes.
I've had this happen to me twice now, and it's a pain having to wait till you can get your money back
>>
>>7419268
A good way to identify them is by just looking at their account, if they have no ratings or just 3 or 4 items set at 99 cent auctions then its a dead giveaway. Also their accounts are at most a few days old and their names may be something along the lines of a sort of chink taunt, like one I saw called "yuanyuan"
>>
>>7419268
>Maybe they expect some buyers not to ask for their money back

Doesn't matter, not since Paypal started refunding buyers out of their own pockets some years ago.

Either the seller turns bad, their account is hacked, or they sell their account. The scammer collects several thousand, withdraws it, and runs. Not like China's government is going to help Paypal go after them or anything.
>>
>>7418020
needs to be exactly 5 bucks or it can be more? if it can be more than get a yamaguchi bootleg, i bought captain america for lile 10 bucks a few months ago
>>
>>7419332
Thing is this seller had a near perfect rating before I bought, checked since I was paranoid from last time it happened. Hence my theory that the account was hacked
>>
So, uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh, how do I track my package from aliexpress?
>>
>>7419408
>Super Duck 2B
I bought the full costume version and was thinking it would be cool to pose it undressed/half naked for lewd shots. Then it arrived and I put the clothes on.
Fuck that the clothes are staying on forever. Way too hard to put them on.
>>
>>7410117
?
I bought the Yabuki bodychan and she was flesh tone but I didn’t get the DX set.
>>
>>7407103
What about Doop?
>>
>>7419268
>>7419353
so this doesn't apply to aliexpress or?
and what items were the ones that seem to be the ones that got the most amount of scam bait?
>>7419332
I will guess it's supposed to be an insult, what does it mean though?
>>
>>7425643
if they gave you a tracking number obviously use that, if not then just wait and see. nothing else to say really
>>
>>7419408
>>7425658
How do I get in on this big 2B bootleg asking for a friend. Is it phicen or something
>>
What happens to the bootlegs that get kicked out of aliexpress?
Are they dropped in taobao?
>>
Is this legit?
>https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/Digimon-Adventure-WarGreymon-Action-Figure-Model-7-inch-Toy-Free-Shipping/3035007_32968835816.html?spm=a219c.search0104.3.137.514649025N7mbz&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_6_10065_10068_319_10059_10884_317_10887_10696_321_322_10084_453_10083_454_10103_10618_10307_537_536_10902%2Csearchweb201603_56%2CppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=86c16bf6-77ae-4754-a53e-36167ed1c0e5-18&algo_pvid=86c16bf6-77ae-4754-a53e-36167ed1c0e5&transAbTest=ae803_3&fbclid=IwAR0dX01V85S06dzzQODcA0p25DFnzy7xsHUfHZyTyHRKVOqAVDBqWv2X3G4
>>
what's the quality on bootleg figuart troopers?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (124 KB, 1001x1334)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>7431833
Hard to say. The name, description and lack of pictures make me suspicious, also the brand provivded "NPKCOLLECTION" seems to be a maker of "Reborn Baby" dolls.
Then again, the seller has other more legit looking listings and good rating. The price is also not too low, that's a good sign actually.
You can give it a try, if you get chinked or nothing arrives you can alwas get your money back provided you open a claim in the period the site gives you
>>
https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/Greymon-28cm/3109024_32900371761.html
Now this one is really interesting. The original seemed way overpriced, not to mention shipping from Japan was insane. The paint and molding on this bootleg seem to be really good, not so much on Taichi but that's to be expected if you look at the previous attempts. I'm gonna order one as soon as I get paid and give you guys a review
>>
File: D06KN4pXQAEj_nU.jpg (200 KB, 1107x1200)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
SHF Sailor Moon bootleg already had some parts falling off right in the box, poorly casted parts and wrong sized joints all over the place, with many parts being casted in the skin tone plastic and roughly painted rather than the right colors.
>>
>>7433444
will wait right here and good luck!
>>
>>7433120
don't any but from what I've seen they're decent bootlegs if you want to army build
>>
>>7419408
Want. Need.
>>
>>7434274
Kek her chest bow has been stuck on upside down.
>>
>>7376954
UPDATE
Bootleg Parform Rei finally showed up.
First, let me just say that I’ve never owned a Parform, nor did I really do any research into how their articulation works, so it took a few seconds to realize the differences with a Figma’s articulation points and such. That being said, the figure’s range of motion is still below figmas of waifufigs (hip joints fixed with ball sockets as opposed to the hip joints used in figmas was a minor let down). For this bootleg, joints are loose and it can’t support itself without the stand (which is also loose and needs the screws tightened). Paint apps are sloppy (see the next several pics below) and mold imperfections are par for the course with a bootleg. Still, I got it because I’m a Rei-fag, and I think it’s a cute display piece. For $25 shipped I’m not disappointed.
>>
>>7434779
>>
>>7434781
>>
>>7434786
>>
>>7434789
>>
>>7434794
>>
>>7434795
>>
>>7434779
That paint job is absolute shite. I’d rather just pay the extra and get a nice genuine figure that not only looks good and is worth something but supports the creators and franchise too. $25 for a bootleg is still pretty steep.
>>
>>7434808
>>7434810
I agree. It looks like the "thin your paints" meme personified.
>>
>>7434909
Honestly does make me think it's more a badly done custom.
>>
File: smiling.jpg (4 KB, 143x96)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>7396964
This is finally arriving tomorrow! 20 days total to get here. Not bad compared to the 30+ days I've heard. Will post pics tomorrow once I get the parcel. Boy, I hope they look somewhat decent and true to that photo.
>>
>>7396964
where are the fucking joints? Jap statues do not belong here. reported
>>
File: 3456.png (3 KB, 247x78)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>7436158
why are you posting statues that do not belong here? Fuck off.
>>
>>7436158
He’s leaning back way more than he is supposed to.
>>
>>7436167
if he was an action figure with joints anon could pose him but I guess he enjoys wasting money on statues that do not belong here.
>>
How does ordering from different stores work?
Is it like Mandarake where they ship the orders separately?
>>
>>7436413
yup, it's exactly the same
>>
File: ua15rfyir8221.jpg (103 KB, 1080x1349)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
where can i get 1/12 scale accessories for figmas and similar figures. i want some Little Armory stuff but im poor so i tried checking out Aliexpress and they have some nice stuff but its all 1/6 scale i need 1/12 stuff any suggestion for bootleg accessories, guns etc? pic unrelated
>>
>>7437173
Look on eBay. Sometimes they sell resin casted little armory guns. I think gpslot used to carry them, but they’re out there.
>>
>>7437188
arigathanks gozaimuch. ill snoop around ebay
>>
File: $_10.jpg (62 KB, 583x582)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
Look on ebay for "gun keychain", the cheapest ones are close to 1/12
>>
>>7437237
Don’t bother with those. The scale of those things are on a case by case bases. I found an awp that worked pretty well but a handgun that didn’t. They’re also pretty heavy.
>>
>>7437237
>>7437246
The aug and the spas12 fit, and aren't too heavy. Not sure about the others.
>>
>>7412093
That's pretty close to the neca one
>>
>>7425886
Yuan ( ¥) is one type of Chinese currency. Literally, "yuanyuan" = "dollardollar."
>>
Guys help please? Someone just opened preorders for these guys in my country for around USD80 and I'm scared they might be bootlegs. Are there bootlegs available for them? I checked on Google, Ebay and Aliexpress and there doesn't seem to be any.
>>
>>7439317
no bootleg available
>>
>>7439567
I love you and I hope good things happen to you anon thanks!
>>
>>7395054
>I wish i could get into kamen rider but it seems so vast.
Just buy what looks cool to you anon! A good toy is a good toy, whether you're familiar with the source material or not. That said though, if you want a good starter series, try downloading a few eps of W, OOO, Fourze, or Drive and give them a shot. They're kind of silly and cheesy at times, but also contain likable characters and cool suits.

>>7401017
>those prices oof
The prices are totally fair. You realize these are tiny handmade clothes by a very small operation out of California, right? They're not gonna be dirt cheap.
>>
Where would I find a bootleg Kiryuin Satsuki Figma? I need it to replace the right foot of my actual Satsuki.
Does a bootleg Satsuki even exist?
>>
>>7440482
there's no one.
>>
>>7440482
Unfortunately as stated, none seem to currently exist, and Ryuko Matoi only recently got a bootleg so this one might still be a ways out if it does happen.
>>
>>7440482
Your best and cheapest bet is to buy a bootleg Ryuko, take one of the feet, and repaint it. As stated, no bootlegs of Satsuki exist to date.
>>
>>7439317
What country? I wanna get them in Europe..
>>
>>7402537
what is that big titty figure?
>>
According to aliexpress, my package has arrived to my country.
What now?
>>
>>7441127
I'm in the Philippines anon
>>
>>7441357
The body is a bootleg of the Super Sonico figma.
>>
>>7441390
uh, you wait?
>>
File: bl joker.jpg (108 KB, 1001x1001)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
Has anyone picked up the bootleg Joker? He's dirt cheap on eBay but I'm still curious about quality before I pull the trigger
>>
>>7442289
oh god what a ugly KO.
>>
>>7441875
Can't I ask my postal office?
>>
>>7445971
All they can do is check the tracking, maybe in a tad more detail.
Just wait, it'll turn up.
>>
are black series stormtroopers bootleg worth it? I need 4 for my landspeeder scene
>>
File: storms.jpg (179 KB, 1080x1204)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
The ones I got from aliexpress are really nice.
>>
File: seller.jpg (45 KB, 1080x482)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>7446946
>>7447485
Got them from this seller
>>
There aren't any rebel soldiers available are there? I want some for army building
>>
Has anyone bought a bootleg Guts Figma? I'm thinking of buying one from eBay, but I have no idea what the quality is like as the listing only has stock photos.
>>
I'm thinking about getting a figure from a seller named animedoggo on ebay, seems pretty legit and ranks his bootlegs in certain tiers.
Has anyone else bought from him?
>>
>>7447485
>>7447491

looks nice, thank you!
>>
File: spidergwenrevo.jpg (22 KB, 425x425)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
last night i got a bootleg spider gwen from aliexpress. well see how she is in 15-30 chinese business days. shes a bootleg of the revo one and im hoping that maybe shell look a little better with a new paint job since im getting a new air brush in later this week. pic is the revo not the boot
>>
>>7446060
one of my packages arrived 5 days ago and wasn't delivered until this morning, you just have to wait for it to be sorted
>>
>>7449683
A fairly expensive bootleg I ordered recently actually arrived at a post office in my area, said "misdelivered," and now shows as being delivered to a mystery address halfway across the country. I have no clue who to even start chasing down, the seller or the post office.
>>
>>7449751
fuck my dude, you should try both. the seller for a refund or replacement and the post office to find your package if it's still en route. just try to keep your head if you talk to the post office
>>
>>7449765
I don't think it's still en route anywhere. It was delivered to somewhere in Tennessee on the 5th and there have been no updates since (I'm in California for reference). I shot a message to the seller for the time being, but I feel sorta bad because I don't think it's their fault, given that it arrived in my area at first.
>>
>>7407103
>Paying $20 for a bootleg of a figure that retails for $20

What in the world.
>>
>>7449810
Two things:

1) That figure never retailed for $20, it was like $8 or some shit when it was released

2) That's Toybiz's Deadpool, which used to be one of the rarest/most sought after Marvel Legends. Even though its value has dropped a bit since, it still fetches around a hundo MISB.
>>
>>7376380
considering the plot of NGE these are way more fitting than the official versions desu
>>
>>7449783
don't feel bad it's a bootleg they have literally thousands and they are responsible after all if it arrived broken or otherwise. if they ask you for proof that it wasn't delivered, unlikely, just screenshot the tracking info
>>
File: IMG_1646.jpg (150 KB, 708x944)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
the paint job on this bootleg kuga is pretty decent
the only issue was crotch joints completely stuck
gave it some oil and its moving now
>>
>>7449615
please give a review anon
>>
>>7450146
I will. Might be in next thread though because of chink shipping timed. I used to be in /csg/ a lot though so I've bought tons of things off Ali. Along with Gwen I snagged myself an electric grinder/sander for $10 I can use with Gundam and other model shit. I'll see how that works out I'm a bit skeptical.
>>
>>7450527
Thanks a lot anon! I collect Gundam too although it has been a while since my last purchase since I stopped buying new ones when I started collecting 1/12. So also kinda interested in the grinder/sander. Hope it's good!
>>
>>7450146
I have both the legit and bootleg, is there anything specific you want to know?
>>
File: 2v6ktcwnucs11.jpg (518 KB, 1920x1357)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
Worst Knock off ever.
>>
>>7451268
where are the toys?
>>
>>7412093
why does he have a boner?
>>
>>7451819
He REALLY loves justice.
>>
>>7451274
In China where else?
>>
>>7452297
What?
>>
>>7451171
What are the differences? Is it obvious that it's a bootleg? Thanks anon!
>>
Any idea where can I buy a Chinese bootleg of pic related? I want it as a gift to a friend mine that loves this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acGRnsGSwF8
>>
>>7455539
First off, I don't think a bootleg of that figure exists, and secondly, are you really going to gift a bootleg to your friend? That's not a good look, dawg. If you care about them, get them the real thing.
>>
>>7455813
The problem is that I'm not from US and Mezco Toyz doesn't ship outside US.
>>
>>7395304
hey anon, how do you make 1/12 scale clothes or where would i buy them

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.