[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Phenex.jpg (989 KB, 1058x1411)
989 KB
989 KB JPG
For those unfamiliar, "Plamo" is a shortened form of "plastic model." If it's made of plastic, someone can probably help you here.

>"If you're new, you're gonna fuck up. Don't worry! If you're experienced, don't make the new people worry!"

***READ THE GUIDE***

IRC Channel
>Server
Rizon
>Channel
#gunpla

The guide:
http://gunpla.buyfags.moe/

Releases: http://bandai-hobby.net/site/schedule_images/nouhin.pdf

And a handy guide to other types of plamo:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/1vf1aw7v91pz5pa/Airfix%20Model%20World%20Specia%20(Scale%20Modelling%20Step-By-Step).pdf
http://www.scalemodelguide.com

Some line art:
http://seesaawiki.jp/nuriesozai/lite/d/MenuBar1
http://gundma.imgur.com/

Previous thread: >>7351481
>>
File: mk18mod0-02.jpg (563 KB, 1600x1054)
563 KB
563 KB JPG
>>7366897
>Do I need to glue them
Yes.
>>
>>7367060
if you plan on keeping the loadouts glue them, if not blue tac works well. The m4 style guns are the main offenders from what I've heard and experienced, my most recent LA was the p90 and it holds together surprisingly well with no glue or blue tac needed
>>
Working on the Bugu. Damn, it's real easy to stress that rich blue colour. Hyper caution required.
>>
So I've got the Unicorn RG all built, with a few of the full armor parts done (that is to say, one extra shield and the javelin, I'm taking the armory slow so I just have a little something to build if the mood strikes me) and I'm loving him. Just some, probably rather poor, panel lining, and two decals on the inside of the flip down vents on his chest for some surprise color in destroy mode. Don't think I'll add to many decals to him, since I absolutely love the full white look of Unicorn.

Makes me want to get other real grades though. Down the rabbit hole I go.
>>
>>7367060
Have you considered pins or drilling in and inserting magnets?
>>
File: c8236d69.jpg (114 KB, 1024x819)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
Thinking about getting back into collecting gunpla again but this time only getting SD kits since they take up much less shelf space and look pretty cute. Anything I should know about when buying SD kits?
>>
>>7367201
>inserting magnets
Honestly the best choice.

The guys that made the models for the hobby shop that used to be near me did this with all their display miniatures so that they could quickly whip up new squads and such. If you think you'll want to switch out the stuff often then go and buy yourself a bunch of little magnets.
>>
File: m4a1wip04.jpg (241 KB, 1200x795)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>7367201
>Have you considered pins or drilling in and inserting magnets?
Into parts that are thinner than 1mm? Honestly, no, it did not seem worth it.
>>
File: 4L_z5mSOxd4.jpg (587 KB, 750x647)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
>>7366988
Just made the HG version of that!

Also unsure if I should start painting my gunplas or not. Seems daunting and I have a hard enough time assembling them in the first place.
>>
>>7367244
>Also unsure if I should start painting my gunplas or not.
Well I mean, is there something that you're not liking about them? Not color accurate enough? Simply the wrong color? If the kit is fine as is then why would you bother?

Take baby steps and just sort of do it one kit at a time. Better yet, see if you have any extra parts that you can build into a whole arm or something and practice on that. You'll see what you need to disassemble, how and what to tape off, ect.
>>
>>7367244
Eh just buy a couple Mocks, Leos, or BF GMs. All cheap, easy to assemble, and easy to paint.
>>
>>7367221
Magnet in the gun, magnetic foil on the attachment?
>>
File: m4a1wip02.jpg (686 KB, 1200x795)
686 KB
686 KB JPG
>>7367315
It is probably possible, but like I said these are pretty small parts and it seemed like more trouble than it's worth.
>>
Are there any issues with painting pieces a lighter color than they were cast in I should know about?
I wanted to paint gunmetal grey something cast in black.
>>
>>7367548
When you say gunmetal grey, do you mean metallic? Cause in my experience, metallic paints usually have good enough coverage to go over darker colors. Typically though, going from dark plastic to a lighter color requires you to do a layer of primer first.
>>
>>7367554
What's the finish on the standard paint used on toys called? Glossy I think.
I might not go with metallic gunmetal grey, just that tone of grey.
>>
File: 8032a3a8.jpg (144 KB, 1280x720)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>7367211
- G-Generation are the old super-squashy looking SD kits. They're quite small and cheap. Designs are really cute, but they can be a pain because they're made on a very small budget and color separation can be terrible. Articulation is also bad because they're so basic.

- BB Senshi is mostly a nice line. Pretty good engineering that improved a lot over time, pretty good color separation too. The early ones are obviously a bit dated now, but later stuff like the Sazabi and Hi-Nu are phenomenal.

- Sangokuden (ie, the elaborate armored Romance of the Three Kingdoms) kits are usually well-made, but require a TON of painting to look good. There are a lot of tiny details and the color separation just can't keep up. I would avoid these unless you're prepared to paint, they look like shit with just the stickers.

- Legend BB is probably my favorite SD series. A lot of them have damn near perfect color separation, good articulation, they come with a ton of accessories and option parts, and every kit has at least one chromed part. These are a good way to get back in IMO (pic related, Command Gundam in particular is awesome).

- Stay the fuck away from EX Standard. These kits are horrible and everyone hated them. Super cheaply made, lots of hollow pieces, fuck-awful color separation, it's a mess.

- The newest line is Cross Silhouette. The gimmick is that there are two different internal frames you can use to change the proportions of any kit. You just pop the armor pieces onto the frame of your choice, and you can have a shorty or a tall boy. This is a fantastic line too, with very good color separation, and the tall frame has probably the best articulation SDs have ever had. This is also an excellent starting point.

Sorry for the long ramble. I really, really love SDs.
>>
>>7367557
Hmm, basically every single time I've seen anyone refer to "gunmetal grey," they meant a metallic color like pic related. In fact, I thought gunmetal grey inherently implied metallic. But I could be wrong.

Anyway, if you're not going metallic, lay down a coat of primer first. That will totally cover the black and let you put down whatever color you like.
>>
>>7367582
Thanks, man.
>>
File: IMG_20190203_145656~2.jpg (1.14 MB, 2782x1977)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
First clear gunpla I put together. HG Sinanju Stein. More trouble than it was worth, the clear nubs were such a pain to clean up due to the brittle clear plastic and the fact that I would normally paint over them but couldn't since they were clear. Even with excessive sanding and a liberal coating of gloss you can still make out small stress marks where the nubs once were...
>>
Is the Hi-Mock the best for practicing painting and such? I'm trying to get better at all the shit beyond just snapping the kits together but I am paralyzed by fear of ruining nice kits so I just want something cheap, quick to snap up, with reasonable amounts of detail to practice on.
>>
File: Ci5JfCH.jpg (35 KB, 720x407)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>7367890
people keep telling me to use SD kits for practice.

don't listen to those faggots. SD kits are so goddamned hard to paint.
small size, small details, poor parts separations, the entire thing are expert class custom stuff.

so yeah, use hi-mocks, cheap, handful size, lot of flat surface, it's beginner friendly
>>
>>7367890
Hi-Mocks are very good painting/technique practice, given the low price point and "blank slate" type design. The old HG GMs and Zaku kits are pretty good too for the same reasons, if you want some UC flavor.
>>
>>7367890
Brother!
>>
File: 20190203_150447.jpg (203 KB, 1024x768)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
Speaking of SD, finished my Legend BB Victory Daishogun. I have all the crystals saved up from when I was a kid.

The one retarded thing about it is the neck for the helmet. The neck folds to the back, you remove the phoenix head, and put it to another slot.

Now I sorta want to get Final Battle Godomaru.
>>
>>7367793
You're probably being too hard on yourself. Clear kits are kind of a visual clusterfuck anyway, what with the visible support structures, internal black/grey parts, and overlapping clear parts. Anyone taking a reasonable glance at a kit like this won't see the nubmarks at all, you're just hyper-focusing in on them cause you know where they are and you worked on every one.
>>
>>7368367
That looks glorious! Did you do any painting here? I'm curious how bad this kit would look just as a straight build.
>>
Is there a good Nu Gundam kit?
>>
>>7368400
No.
>>
>>7368419
Not even the Ver Ka?
>>
>>7368387
I cheated with stickers for the smaller white wings because eff the wings. Other stickers are those crystals from the war fan, can't find the exact paint.

The red I used citadel on the gold chrome piece, the stickers look like shit for those piece I hate wrap around stickers.

The one thing I hid that is done crappily are those laser stickers on his shoulders. They barely stick and they will need to be address later, maybe some rubber cement or some sorta glue. I hate those, a major complaint about this kit in particular.

Might also have to do what >>7366988 OP did with his Fenex, the gold plates are not undergated.

All that said, he comes out pretty fabulous I must say, just a bit top heavy. Not everyday people post Mushas, because they usually appeal to FOBs of a certain age.
>>
>>7367116
Same experience here, I have the Barrett sniper rifle and de scar-h and both scopes fit tight enough on both weapons, but on the other hand I did need to glue the grip handle of both weapons, so I guess it's a hit or miss with MLA.
>>
File: fukt.jpg (181 KB, 448x611)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
Alright, well here's what the final Cosmonami is supposed to look like without decals, but everything got fucked after the first gloss coat, so I'm going to have to strip it and start over again. Dunno when that will be tho. Hopefully panel lining will go better next time
>>
File: 20190203_181359.jpg (2.41 MB, 3264x2448)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB JPG
So upon closer inspection, the paint job I've been spraying is pretty uneven, and it feels ever so slightly bumpy. Is this just orange peel? And would I have to sand and recoat or could I just fix it by spraying another coat properly?
>>
>>7368518
Could be orange peel, but if you used acrylic or lacquer, you can soak it in rubbing alcohol to remove it
>>
Has anyone here tried Vallejo plastic putty? Is it as good as tamiya putties in terms of acting as a filler?
>>
File: img_2093.jpg (116 KB, 640x480)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>7367575
Thanks for the advice, SD-anon! I was thinking about getting Shining Gundam as my first SD kit. I read it can use the MG Shining's hands but I was curious if it could use all MG hands since I have an old Gundam Mk-II 2.0 sitting in a box.
>>
>>7367964
>>7368023
>>7368148
Is hobby link japan the best place to get them? I've checked several of the american sites and they're always sold out.
>>
I've always felt a little strange in getting a figure or kit of something I've already got. I mean, if it's a different take on it then sure I'm okay with it, like different types of the same transformer. But if it's the same design and everything I just have a super hard time talking myself into getting it, even if it's one of my favorite mechas. I really can't see much of a reason to get even a larger version of a thing that I already have.

Anyway the point I'm getting at is someone please convince me to buy a real grade Tallgeese instead of being okay with my little robot spirits Tallgeese.
>>
>>7368449
shame about that, looking forward for the end result of your project. It is a pretty cool idea.
>>
>>7368873
Consistently, yeah. You could also scrounge around on Mandarake if that's your thing, but for modern releases its better to just use HLJ.
>>
>>7368956
I bought the RG Tallgeese even though I have the MG Tallgeese and Tallgeese 3 sitting around waiting for paint and the RG let me do a test run first.
>>
>>7368956
RD tallgeese is the TV version, RG tallgeese is the GotL version.
>>
>>7368956
The RG Tallgeese is way more detailed than the RD. Get it to be the "pretty one."
>>
Does anyone have the real grade Zephyranthes space version? How is it? I love the design but the core fighter thing makes me wonder if that waist isn't going to just fall apart from a breeze.
>>
File: 1534573877295.jpg (281 KB, 1288x850)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
What we really need is a Tallgese Flugel or LEO-S.
>>
Tamiya top coat or Mr Hobby.
Or cheap as shit paint factory gloss and matte varnish.
>>
>>7369635
I have the normal RG GP01. It's not as bad as people told me it was. It's not the greatest, but it doesn't fall apart in my hands either. It just pops off if I fuck with the torso too much.
>>
>>7369782
I just watched a review of the GP01 and it looks like the issue is less the waist and more the Torso and shoulders. I don't normally wave or shake the figures when I'm deciding to repose them or anything, so it's nice to know that it's not really a "falls apart in your hands" sort of thing, but do you have any suggestions to keeping everything a little more solid, or should I really not worry about it?
>>
File: file.png (1.19 MB, 965x899)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>7369644
What we REALLY need is
>>
>>7369992
I'll admit it right now.
Sandrock was always my favorite Wing Gundam.
>>
File: file.png (279 KB, 560x560)
279 KB
279 KB PNG
>>7370030
The true patricians choice.

Capeless EW Sandrock looks ugly though. Maybe if it was naturally bulkier it would look nice but it just doesn't work without it desu
>>
>>7369912
I dunno. Your mileage may vary, and FB is a little more heavily armored than stock GP01, but in my experience at least, I would just not worry about it. It's not really a problem for me.

That said, I haven't noticed any problems with the shoulders--what did the review say about them?
>>
>>7370046
I don't really like the upgraded sandrock's color scheme. The blue just puts me off for whatever reason, and losing a lot of the darker colors. Maybe it's my love of the Sandrock and it's conventional melee weaponry that's the reason for why I love a lot of the suits in IBO. Who cares about a laser sword that can cut anything when I can instead use a fuck ass huge hammer, or sword?
>>
>>7369992
Isn't that like three years old? Come on, let it die.

>>7370030
Tallgeese is best boi.

>>7370046
EW Sandrock is a babe how dare you.
>>
>>7370065
But they released an RG Tallgeese bro! It's happening! For real this time! Year of the meteor baby!
:^(
>>
>>7369992
The EW designs are ugly as shit. Only the TV designs would be worth buying.
>>
File: gp01 shoulder.jpg (113 KB, 513x507)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>7370059
>I haven't noticed any problems with the shoulders--what did the review say about them?
That these panels that attach the shoulders to the torso come off their pegs when playing with the shoulders, causing everything to get real loose.

I'm guessing that part being loose was also the cause for their kit having trouble keeping the chest together on the core fighter. Since those parts seem to sit right on top of the fighter I could easily see that stuff moving being enough to dislodged the connection for the rest of it. Sounds like you don't have any trouble with it though which is a good sign to me. Looks like even if I did have the trouble, that would be a part that I could easily glue, it doesn't seem that the peg that comes loose actually needs to move at all.
>>
>>7368382
I still have a clear Narrative version HG Phenex to put together, will definitely be another interesting build...
>>
File: 1544722880282.jpg (73 KB, 640x627)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>7370069
>Year of the meteor baby!
Why must you taunt me.

>>7370078
>The EW designs are ugly as shit.
THAT'S WRONG THOUGH.
>>
>>7366988
What kind/thickness of wire should I use for my Doven Wolf's arms if I want to have his arms flying around without the stands?
>>
>>7370108
Just take the wire that comes with it, go to your local hardware store, and ask for something with the same thickness but stiffer/stronger.
>>
>cant find my tamiya weathering master stuff
>order replacements for it online
>item shipped
>suddenly find my stack

god damn it...
>>
>>7370273
Eh, you can always use more. This just means you gotta build more.
>>
Why is it that back mounted oversized variable angle verniers are the mark of the best suits?
My RG Tallgeese will arrive soon, and my only regret is that I don't have a week off to work on it.
>>
>>7370584
Because, in the words of the great Jeremy Clarkson "MORE POWER."

Also they do just look cool as fuck.
>>
>>7370599
>A show that talks about mobile suits in the same vein as Top Gear.
>Hosts would have the characters from various shows as guests, but also the real life designers playing the characters of the engineers that make the mobile suits
>And of course, their Stig is the shows requisite Char clone.

Why have you done this to me anon? It's so goddamn stupid but I don't just want it, I NEED it.
>>
>>7370617
All jokes aside, I'd watch the shit out of a show that interviews designers about their mecha creations. Get one or two guests per episode and go over three or four of their most popular/hated designs.
>>
>>7370584

Tallgeese more like ballgreese lmao
>>
File: 1519503233444.jpg (54 KB, 501x960)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
I'm going to marry Tallgeese-kun.
>>
>>7368518
Are you using metallic hobby acrylics? They are grainy like that.
>>
Fuck the RE/100 Bawoo. Just, fuck it.
I can't remember any other time a kit I have worked on has given me such hell with color matching.
Fuck, the only color I've matched so far has been the weirdo wine-brown for the shield.
>>
>>7369644
The red one looks like something out of Escaflowne (another IP that sorely needs new plamo and more modern merch).
>>
>>7370894
I got scared for a second cause that's in my backlog, but I have no intention of painting it anyway, so bullet dodged I guess.
>>
>>7370932
>Escaflowne
fuck me I'd love to do some kits from that.
>>
>>7370965
I'm just doing detail-painting anyway, get some parts and parts of parts to what they're supposed to be.
But the Red-Orange and Yellow are just slightly desturated(?) and the gray is just weird.
>>
File: 19350229.jpg (521 KB, 1600x688)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
>>7371032
I mean, they exist, and in some cases are the only plastic representations of the mechs in existence as far as I know. But they're old and quite primitive kits, and they absolutely require painting.
>>
>>7371420
well yeah.
but I mean a good kit.
>>
>Never really paid attention to mobile suit specifics.
>look up some stuff as I'm working on my Leos.
>Turns out their standard machine guns are 105mm
>a grunt suits main, and arguably weakest. weapon, it a gun firing anti-tank rounds at what seems to be 300 rounds per minute

I often forget how big these things are in story. And Leo's are supposed to be tiny compared to some of the other suits. Just how bullshit is gundam armor anyway?
>>
Quick, post what you're working on.

Currently in the middle of painting a graze and trying out lacquers. I've got the frame finished for the most part and gonna start on the armour soon. Going for orange like some unoriginal sleipnir knock off.
>>
Are we getting any Gunpla Expo early this year?
>>
>>7371882
Getting ready to start on Moon Gundam. What am I in for?

Also, is the price of Moon Gundam the way it is because of the included action base?
>>
File: 20190205_193821.jpg (615 KB, 1131x890)
615 KB
615 KB JPG
>>7371951
>Getting ready to start on Moon Gundam. What am I in for?

Something that's sort of between a high grade and a real grade. A good amount of surface detail that you can panel line till your heart's content, some moving armor pieces and the weapon gimmicks of the blades on the arms make it feel a little more like a real grade, but you will need to paint some parts to get it to look just like the box.

>Also, is the price of Moon Gundam the way it is because of the included action base?
Prices are mostly because of the amounts of plastic, and Moon's got the suit itself, the psycho plates, and the base, so that is a good amount of stuff in the kit. Base is nice, and helpful if you don't have an abundance of bases from other things already, but there's nothing unique about it.

Naturally my Moon hangs out with the sailor senshi
>>
File: 20190205_195317.jpg (304 KB, 999x757)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>7371882
Waiting on a few purchases to come in, so I'm doing some panel lining and decals on the Unicorn weapons. I don't really like the fully armored look, so a lot of the stuff is going to my other suits, probably mostly to my robot spirits leo squad. I'm debating on putting some decals on Unicorns armor, not too much, but just a few to kind of break things up a little more.
>>
File: BANMG - GMSII [WD 1A].jpg (94 KB, 708x944)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>7371882
Was working on a MG GM Sniper II (White Dingo Team Ver) over the weekend. Finished off the last bits of the Machine Gun and Hyper Bazooka this evening. Was gonna keep this one a snap-build to be able to handle more, but probably gonna cave and give the Long and Reg. Beam rifle the paint schemes; even if I like the drab grey purely utility look of the bare plastic a bit more.

Was a bit disappointed to learn the static hand parts from the regular kit weren't left in. Was hoping to cannibalize them to fit them just for the Machine Gun or Hyper bazooka.

Next build to be is a regular GM Sniper II I got with the White Dingo type, but am considering the GM Dominance now. Also the older MG Nemo for nostalgia sake.
>>
>>7370932
ah man I'd love a guymelef
or even a statuette of Isaac
>>
Looking to get a Sinanju with a bazooka. Is the MG the only one that comes with one?
>>
File: 1536171499946.jpg (125 KB, 600x800)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>7371882
Painting some white tubing before smoothing it out. Losing the will to live.
>>
File: alex.jpg (58 KB, 600x495)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
so when is this getting properly announced?
>>
File: P1240065.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1360)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
Fell for the "fireworks and figures" meme, I'll post the rest in the photo thread so I don't flood this one. Bulkarm is great.

>>7370599
>>7370617
>Clarkson makes a Porsche joke every time Hammond talks about a """"NEW"""" RX-78-2
>>
>>7372442
Not soon enough.
>>
File: hg-zgok-wip.jpg (865 KB, 1280x610)
865 KB
865 KB JPG
>>7371882
Working on this lil' bastard right now. Enjoying this build a lot more than my last one, an MG Exia DM.
>>
So I recently watched Ready Player One and loved seeing the RX-78-2 in it and was wanting to figure out which kit best resembled it in the movie. I've been looking at different pictures of kits and of the movie and I'm pretty sure its a mash up of varying versions and it's most likely going to be a RG or PG with all the panel lining and the decals
>>
>>7372698
MG 3.0 might be a good choice as well. Don't forget, you're going to need a Mechagodzilla to pair with it.
>>
>>7372698
It's not gonna be the PG. The PG is pretty old at this point and the proportions are somewhat old-school whereas the movie clearly draws heavily from modern proportioned RX-78s like the Diver City statue/MG 3.0/RG.

So...pick either the 3.0 or RG and go at it, those will be your closest options.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>7372698
another angle to figure out what kit would work
>>
>>7372703
>>7372704
Yeah I was thinking the 3.0 but I don't like how the decals on the shoulder pads aren't the same and it triggers my autism
>>
File: 1549433085074.jpg (464 KB, 2000x1500)
464 KB
464 KB JPG
New FSS kit being teased, 1/100 Machine Messiah Auge from Wave. Don't know if it's plastic or resin.
>>
>>7372712
Just pick up some waterslides then. A sheet shouldn't run more than $10, probably less, and EFSF and WB logos are pretty easy to find.
>>
>>7372724
I mean, it looks good, but aren't Wave FSS kits supposed to be legendarily bad?
>>
>>7372729
The bad ones were made some 20 years ago. I would like to think they've improved since.
>>
>>7370646
>>7370617
I would watch a hundred seasons of this.
It wouldn't even necessarily be just gundam, but maybe for continuity.
>>
>>7372764
>this week we were challenged to build our own zoids and take them to a local battle tournament
>>
File: IMG_20190206_203127.jpg (492 KB, 1228x973)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
Wish there was an HGUC Neue Ziel
>>
File: IMG_20170421_142705.jpg (277 KB, 1061x1115)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>7372690
I like my MG z'gok but the arms are the worst. They always pop out on one of the segments.
>>
>>7372849
Also, no chest vents because I plan on painting it one day.
>>
File: 8fbd0832.jpg (257 KB, 900x1123)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
My fucking sides
>>
>>7372442
What is it?
>>
>>7372879
?
>>
File: nope.jpg (40 KB, 298x498)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>7372879
>>7372906
>>
>>7372879
>>7372909
is this deepest lore
>>
>>7371882
My RG 00 Raiser and Tallgeese just arrived at my home. Once I get off work I'll be working o the Raiser, since I'm actually watching 00 right now.
>>
>>7372899
It's assumed to be an MG 2.0 or RG Alex. Bandai announced that it would be unveiled during a 0080 broadcast.
>>
>>7372899
Both are literally seconds from jobbing.
>>
>>7372729

Wave made the definitive LED Mirage way back in the late 80s.
>>
>>7373403
Wave the hobby tool maker?
>>
>>7372255
Neo zeong.
I would personally get the hguc sinanju stein and give the bazooka to the hguc sinanju.
>>
>>7373462
>Wave the hobby tool maker?

yes the same company, they started out as a garage kit company in 1983. They didnt start producing tools until much later.
>>
File: 1535160475018.jpg (55 KB, 672x756)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>7373794
Whoa, I genuinely didn't know that. Cool little bit of trivia. I actually just ordered one of their hangers.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (152 KB, 1280x960)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>7372255

search ebay for DX hobby HG bazooka (pic related). Its a decent KO that usually goes for around $5usd (less if you get it from a chinese site like aliexpress).
>>
>>7373812
wew that looks highly snappable and cheap
>>
>>7373815
Yeah, just like gunpla.
>>
>>7373844
Nah I mean like chinaman recasts of 40K kit. If you've never held them or seen them in person, you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>7373403
IDK if it's definitive, but it is one of the best looking and affordable options. Too bad building it requires sacrificing part of your soul.

For now I'll just stick with the Volks version, even if it is technically based on a different design.
>>
File: 053.jpg (284 KB, 800x600)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>7373403
>definitive LED Mirage
>not the 1/35
negro, pls
>>
File: r_ozu-026.jpg (40 KB, 600x567)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
The closest standard spraycan color to this is gunmetal grey, right?
>>
>>7374787
>gunmetal grey
more like soap grey

there's nothing metallic in your pic related
>>
>>7374804
That's why I'm asking if it's close, not if it's the same color, finish and all.
>>
>>7374931
perhaps you need to rephrase you're question then
>>
How the Mg duel? Broke a peg getting a bottom back vernier all the way in. I shouldve sanded the hole but the peg broke when pulling it it out. Now i need to fix via pinning. Anything i should know about building the rest?
>>
>>7374787
Depends on your brand of spraypaint. Is it Montana, Krylon, Ironlak, Molotow, some store own brand, cheap hoppy spraypaint etc? So many variables to your question.
>>
Is it ok to use hardware rattle cans for testing base coats (balck,white,gray)effect on colors?
>>
Graze is finished. Should've base coated white for the orange but oh well. Happy enough, learned from it and another kit free from backlog hell.
>>
>>7372909
>>7372879
I dont get it
>>
File: 10522276p.jpg (304 KB, 1200x736)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
Should i take Nightinghale or Sisquied? Ofc with this "more realistic inner frame"
>>
File: TOY-SCL-0863.jpg (63 KB, 600x600)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
I assumed one had to paint plamo - that unpainted kits were all monochrome - before I read the guide today. This intrigues me, as I absolutely detest painting things and wouldn't mind trying to put together a robot. However, images for plamo pre-orders are all painted. How does one know that an unpainted kit won't look like trash? Or is the expectation that it sort of will?
>>
>>7376113
>>7376113
Dalong is a pretty good source for snapped gunpla and Koto kits. Look further into the resources up top and you can probably Google most of the rest with enough ingenuity. Kits from big name manufacturers these days generally have good enough color separation to at least look okay if you're not painting. Generally.
>>
>>7376113
A lot of reviewers show off the kit just snapped together with either no additions, like stickers, or just some. Others show the base kit and then their paintjob.

When it comes to gunplay you'll generally be pretty good. High grade will range on stickers needed and even then you might need to paint, where as real grade like to show off the kit on the box with 0 paint or lining.
>>
File: rmc04_29.jpg (132 KB, 845x600)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>7376141
>>7376179
I forgot to check if this was a re-release. Good thing it is, makes it easy on me.

Dalong is a cool site though.
>>
>>7376227
>Dalong is a cool site though
Wished he used higher res photos though
>>
>>7366988
Okay, this is epic
>>
>>7367793
What's the appeal of clear version kits anyways?
>>
>>7374804
looks more like autism grey to me
>>
File: unicorn penis.jpg (115 KB, 1080x1081)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>
>>7372879
>jobbers of the Universal Century
why can't gustav karl catch a break? both in uc and nt it gets bodied without any effort. it's gonna look worse in hathaway too
>>
>>7375862
Grazevangelion
>>
File: 1549339655236.jpg (26 KB, 640x640)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>7376227
>white mech has tiny minigun
>Black mech has giant minigun
>>
>>7376670
GREENED
>>
File: 10056269z3.jpg (75 KB, 681x337)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>7367890
Makes me wondering, since Hi-Mock legs use PC1 hole, will it fit to Acguy's peg?
>inb4 why?
Acguy Thunderbolt happened, that's why
>>
File: re11_17.jpg (62 KB, 626x550)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>7376310
I think his recent photos are perfectly fine resolution-wise. They're big and crisp enough to see all the details you would need to, and they're focused and balanced well. I think we're lucky to even get this considering how many photos he takes per review, and that he basically reviews every single standard release that comes out.
>>
File: 10.jpg (154 KB, 743x1114)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>7376431
Clear plastic is cool to some people (myself included). It just has a certain appeal. And on kits with internal frames, it lets you paint and detail the frame so that it shows through the clear outer armor.
>>
>>7376463
Iirc in HF its a group of karls that eventually bring hathaway down and capture him.
>>
>>7375962
I mean, Sisquied isn't out yet, so nobody can really tell you if it's good or not. I can tell you that Nightingale is a very nice kit though. And I was surprised to find that I actually like it more with the shorter frame. To me the tall frame looks weirdly lanky on the Nightingale, it removes the signature squat stumpiness of its legs.
>>
>>7376779
i like dalong because he shows all the contents but he forgets to show off the gimmicks that increase play value like the full range of the efreet's elbow
>>
File: rg19_j_body.jpg (72 KB, 657x600)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>7376787
I think the best thing he does is the exploded view. Virtually nobody else does this because it's a fucking pain in the ass, and he does it for every single part in every single kit. I have a massive amount of respect for him and his work ethic, and dread ever losing his site.
>>
File: IMG_20190208_205414.jpg (153 KB, 807x605)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
There's gonna be a Tallgeese III eventually, right?
>>
>>7376664
I mean, I was going for a more sleipnir feel, but you're not the first to mention evangelion.
>>
>>7376463
At least he has nothing to fail living up to. Imagine being the zeta winning a war againt more advance machines then get desecrated by a zaku head. One of your sons inherits none of your abilities bit stands its own against its generations best and dies fighting. And the the other son despite being your splitting image accomplishes nothing despite all the upgrades they try to give him.
>>
>>7376781
Yea but they like set out an electric net and wait for Hathaway to fly into it during battle or something
>>
>>7377090
Making it sound like Hathaway is a bigger jobber right there.
>>
>>7376910
FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. I FORGOT TO ORDER MY RG TALLGEESE II. FUCK.
>>
>>7376978
>Imagine being the zeta winning a war againt more advance machines

The zeta was one of the most advanced machines of the gryps war though.
>Movable frame
>Waverider transformation
>Unaided atmospheric re-entry
>Anti-beam coating
>Mega launcher
>Biosensor

So good that AE and the EFF would spend like a decade and more trying to mass produce it.
>>
>>7377182
The messala already outclassed the zeta.
>>
>>7377206
Only really in "Official" raw stats which are well known to be nonsensical bullshit for gundam. Otherwise its space only, has no beam coating, and no newtype system like psycommu or biosensor.
>>
>>7376785
> And I was surprised to find that I actually like it more with the shorter frame
I thought about it. Nightinghale like was made for this SD format
>>
File: gcu-00618.jpg (854 KB, 1920x1421)
854 KB
854 KB JPG
I want to paint my hy-gogg.
How i should paint his lens? Do i need to prime it or cover it with metallic red? Or just use inks?
Same for transparent effect parts (flame, funnel trails, etc)
>>
>>7377510
Why paint the lens? There's a clear piece for it. I don't own the Hy-Gogg so I don't know exactly how the piece is shaped, but if you're able to paint the back of it silver, it'll give a nice shine plus a nice deep look thanks to the layer of clear red plastic over it.

If you are insistent on painting over it, go gloss black > shiniest silver you can find > clear red > gloss topcoat. That will give you the "candy apple" red look.
>>
>>7377140
Just wait fur reissue
>>
I know that the MG hazel custom is underwhelming but God damn am I a slut for Titan colors. A few beers and BAM ordered that sick blue thicc goth GF with the hrududududududu package.
>>
>>7378379
Tbh~ I got the MG Advanced Hazel, but I built it up as the Custom just with the new head part and it's honestly one of my favorite kits
>>
Alright so I've never kit bashed before and I'm okay with paint but I want my shitty concept here to be a reality. Any tips when it comes to kit bashing?
>>
>>7377224
The Messala was made to fly in the jupiter atmosphere. The Zeta has some cool features but in no way competes against a MS that can somehow fly in the jupiter gas. Also, only Zeta's shield had ABC, like many shields.
>>
>>7377140
There's one on manda for 4k moonbills.
>>
>>7379222
checked but also all those parts should actually just plug together fine.
>>
>>7379250
Wasn't the Messala slower than Zeta?
>>
>>7379971
The stats seem to suggest it, but like the other guy said the stats are bullshit, probably because they originally came from 3rd party books. The profile though says it was made by Scirocco to fly in the Jupiter atmosphere
>>
I actually finally finished HGUC Woundwort's body.
>>
File: 61ic+UirupL._SX425_.jpg (24 KB, 425x425)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
How different are decals from tampos? Can you effectively substitute tampos with decals?
I kind of want to buy this guy but the lack of toy stickers pisses me off.
>>
>>7380082
do the feet fold up or does it part form up?
>>
I finally ordered the Tamiya panel accent stuff for panel lining because I'm sick of getting meh results from the fine tip gundam pens.
I really hope this stuff isn't a meme product.
>>
>>7380108
Surprisingly feet are holding for now.
>>
File: shilling.jpg (81 KB, 500x494)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>7380150
MIG panel liners are superior, just sayin
>>
>>7380216
FOLD

F O L D
O
L
D
>>
>>7380248
Yeah apparently I can't read.
>>
>>7380256
I meant like, the heel spurs at the back
>>
>>7380258
Lol. Yeah the little strut folds into the back of the leg.
>>
File: 1537297907612.jpg (26 KB, 610x433)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>7380243
>MIG panel liners are superior
I'm listening
>>
>>7380082

i keep forgetting this came out because it was fucking p bandai

is there any precedent whatsoever for a p bandai release suit getting a regular release later
>>
>>7380559
There's always the possibility of a NA limited release like with the Astray Turn Red and Avalanche Exia MGs, but I think we're well past that point.
>>
>tfw your drunk friend “borrows” and then misplaces part of your drying kit and now your Interceptor doesn’t have an arm
>>
File: hexagear_gb_05.jpg (554 KB, 2087x1573)
554 KB
554 KB JPG
>>7380494
Basically MIG pigments are ground finer than Tamiya. It doesn't make much difference when you just use it out of the bottle at full concentration, BUT it does make a lot of difference when you decide to go for subtler lines and thin it further. Tamiya pigment starts to separate and clump, MIG pigment doesn't.

Also, when you clean up your panel lines, with MIG you can do fine streaks (if you want), with Tamiya not so much.
>>
File: IMG_0510.jpg (68 KB, 800x533)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
it's this tiem again
>>
File: DSC_6405.jpg (83 KB, 800x533)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>7381684
i can almost taste SSR customs
>>
File: DSC_6295.jpg (77 KB, 800x533)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>7381693
Koto went full ace combat
>>
File: DSC_6502.jpg (84 KB, 800x533)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>7381702
bulkarm's been working out
>>
File: DSC_6500.jpg (100 KB, 800x533)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>7381715
new hexagear mech
>>
File: DSC_6493.jpg (137 KB, 800x1200)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>7381725
new governor
>>
>>7381715
>When you're feet get so big that your shoes are just inflatable speed boats.
Lovin' the giant cleaver sword though.
>>
File: DSCF0440.jpg (579 KB, 800x1197)
579 KB
579 KB JPG
>>7381753
Volks' take on Eva
>>
File: 1549766659579.jpg (113 KB, 1200x900)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>7381787
plamo Goblins by Skytube

>Love Toys
>>
>>7381787
Did they show this off last year? Why did it take them so fucking long
>>
File: 1549767172761.jpg (298 KB, 1536x2048)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
Saw this in the other WF thread. Five Star Stories. Looks poseable- plastic model or action figure?
>>
>>7381884
far too many thin flimsy parts to be economical for an action figure, so my guess it's plamo
>>
>>7381899
They could be metal parts.
>>
Anyone have a Mobile Haro? I just learned about it, looks cute and is like $10-15
>>
>>7381917
doesn't matter, even if you have chink child slave laborers assemble them this is going to be too expensive for an action figure
>>
Are the pre-owned kits from Amiami fine?
>>
File: mb sf.jpg (175 KB, 1119x1400)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>7381949
It will be expensive as fuck. But that comes with this territory.
>>
>>7381972
yes
>>
>>7381972
i buy from that all the time, plamo is always un-built and good condition. good place to buy p-bandai
>>
>>7382005
>>7382011
Thanks!
I'm just afraid of missing parts but getting an A- one should be fine then.
>>
>>7381787
I hate it.
>>
File: DSC_6491.jpg (91 KB, 800x533)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>hexagear jeeps
Man, it's getting hard and harder not to buy into another line that's going to sit in my shelf unbuilt for years.
>>
>>7381931
Not here, but it's fucking great. Check previous threads.
>>
>>7381931
Also curious if Nendoroid Kirby might be the right diameter to fit in there
>>
>>7382112
>>7381753
>>7381725
>>7381715
Why is literally everything hexagear always so sexy?
>>
File: FIGURE-046187_01.jpg (90 KB, 800x790)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
Preorders are up (dicked or dickless version)
>>
>>7382189
I can't remember if Koto uses multiple or just one dude for Hexagear, but yeah, pretty much all of the Hexagear stuff has been great.
>>
Koto showed a ton of great stuff, but I'm still really sad about no zoids. I can't rest until HMM Konig Wolf.
>>
>>7380889
Nope, has to be expensive item.
>>
are the god hand / gundam planet nippers worth the pricetag?
>>
>>7382418
>GP nippers
I would say so, they're pretty nice. Noticeably better than a lot of cheaper ones and I also prefer them for flush cuts to xurons because xurons have a little indent/divot which leaves a tiny nub you can sand down
>>
File: 20190209_230751.jpg (444 KB, 1504x2016)
444 KB
444 KB JPG
>>7382418
i just 8hr binged this guy and i have some stress marks after being super careful
>>
>>7382418
god hand nippers are the most unnecessary luxury

all it does is cut down your workload by getting clean cuts.

they are nice to have and if you have the cash they are worth it if you build alot. BUT they are completely unnecessary to own.
>>
>>7381702
MY DICK
>>
>>7382436
>the most unnecessary luxury
this entire hobby is, my dude

you should be working and making babies, not assembling plastic robots
>>
>>7382459
Thanks Abe.
>>
File: DSC_6847.jpg (80 KB, 800x533)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>these negroes want more of my money
>>
>>7381702
Welp. Thought I'd be popping my plane cherry with something Western, but I guess not.
>>
>>7382418
Only if you build a lot. having to do little to no cleanup on a part is so convenient
>>
>>7381884
It's a resin kit.
>>
All the Koto stuff shown seems to be here:
https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/706433/
>>
File: IMG20190210131141.jpg (492 KB, 1772x1276)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
So I accidentally prime it too straight and ended up ugly. I will try to sand it, but I wonder if there's other solution to fix this
>>
File: 1443986457921.jpg (244 KB, 764x622)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>7382695
Just go with the flow, paint your gun dam with the THICCest paint you can find.
>>
>>7382715
>PS1 era
>>
File: 20190209_214420.jpg (3.03 MB, 4032x3024)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
After a 19 year hiatus this is what I chose to re-enter gunpla with. I'm rusty af...
>>
>>7382695
>but I wonder if there's other solution to fix this
Make it a cast iron Gundam.
>>
File: 1543012245501.png (351 KB, 468x359)
351 KB
351 KB PNG
>>7382790
>>
>>7382715
>>7382808
I assume you two are just shitposting
>>
>>7382823
just dump it in alcohol
>>
>>7382823
>offering alternative ideas = shitposting
>>
>>7382823
You dense fuck

Stripping, sanding, and then re-priming is your only solution
>>
>>7382823
Just leave the defect alone, don't be so autistic. It's not like you will be selling it off
>>
>>7380093
Do you know what a tampo is, anon? Your question sorta suggests you don't. A tampograph is paint applied via a flexible rubber stamp, that's why tampos can curve around pieces and even go across panel lines and such. They are nothing like decals at all, they are far superior.
>>
>tfw putting a 1/144 ac suit next to a 1/100 uc suit in your display case
>>
>>7382893
Mad man
>>
>>7382861
I know what's the difference.
What I'm asking is if decals could be an acceptable substitute for them.
>>
>>7382934
There will be a raised edge unless it's waterslides. You'd also want to top coat them with clear paint to protect them from scuffing and natural peeling (for plain stickers)
>>
>>7382828
>offering useless and obvious stupid idea = alternative solution
? ? ? ?

>>7382827
this is what I called alternate solution. thank you very much!

>>7382832
at least you're helping me out. thanks.

>>7382844
shitposting should be banned here.
>>
I wish we got more RG kits. I would love an RG gouf or gouf custom
>>
>>7382989
butt anon, every post on 4chan is a shitpost...
>>
>>7382428
Thats a sexy sword. Its from seed?
>>
>>7382989
Another solution is to bath them in brake fluid. I was doing it when i bought used/painted warhammer figs back then. Let the piece bath the whole night then clean up
>>
>>7382218

what the fuck even is this
>>
>>7382989
You should be banned tbqh
>>
>>7383389
no u
or else i will eat your ligamen charcoal grilled into medium rare perfection
>>
Usually I know this might belong to the Custom thread but maybe this place is a good place for brainstorming.

I wanna make a Cyber Akuma. His shoulder armor looks really close to a Zaku's.

That said, which Zaku is a good cheap option for getting that shoulder piece.

I worked out the size, HG/HGUC should do the trick.
>>
>>7383435
For Reference.
>>
File: file.png (710 KB, 640x419)
710 KB
710 KB PNG
>>7383435
Just the old, original HGUC Zaku should do the trick.
>>
>>7383182
Dark Advent
>>
File: MG-HIGH-GIN-SHIKI (1).jpg (213 KB, 783x454)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
Has anyone here gotten the Hyaku-Shiki Crash? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger but I'd like some insight on its quality if anyone has any.
>>
>>7383570
Just get it and regret it later.
>>
>>7381339

I thought those kits were made out of materials that are a bitch to paint? Did you have any issues?
>>
>>7383595
they have a rubber chest part which is a pain in the ass to paint. but they just announced newer 1.5 versions which i hope fix this
>>
>>7382165
Great idea, but I checked my green Haro with Kirby. Kirby is too big, might need some work.
>>
>>7383570
its just hyaku shiki 2.0 with different armor.

to be honest, i am wondering why Bandai still havent made the FA Hyaku Shiki Kai
>>
>>7383610

Guess I'll stick to the vehicles.
>>
File: image.jpg (281 KB, 1192x2016)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
>>7383624
Because the original FA Hyaku Shiki Kai legit has a gun that makes the FAZZ's gun look like a peashooter.

I guess they could use the Katoki Fix Figuration design or manga design but the thing is still massive and for a plated kit it'd probably run as much as the deepstriker
>>
>>7375959
Its like ep 7 of Unicorn, where the Jesta lands on the Zeta Plus
>>
>>7380559
They've already announced its first (also P-Bandai) variant despite how well it sold so I'd say it's not likely.
>>
I haven't used HLJ since they changed the site, can you no longer see the shipping cost of an order before placing it or have they just moved it to somewhere unintuitive?
>>
Done with the crazy blade rifle claw thing too. Better pictures when the weather cooperates.
>>
>>7383595
>Did you have any issues
Yes, painting vinyl is a bitch and I basically had to glue all joints in place in advance because any movement makes the paint come off.
>>
Just ordered a Strike Freedom RG. I hope it's fun to build.
>>
Anyone here from the UK have experience with EMS shipping from HLJ? I had a box leave their place two days ago and I would like a general window of when to expect it.
>>
File: 1548695895815.png (55 KB, 1286x554)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>7383869
For me, it's here.
>>
Is the Diver Base hard to find? I mean, is it limited edition?
>>
>>7384314
no just out of print right now. was very common a few months ago
>>
>>7384325
>>7384314
Will probably be back in print by summer. S2 was confirmed for 2019 at the end of last year and will probably air in the Fall.
>>
Rate my first 2 gundams /toy/!
>>
File: 1539179039024.jpg (81 KB, 396x402)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>7384464
>55 minutes ago
>>
>>7384295

The issue was that the item didn't give me the "ship now" option even though it was in stock, but thanks.

>>7384155

I've only painted some rubber tank tracks but those alone made me paranoid enough of paint simply flaking off. Realizing that the joint covers/caps on zoids wild kits were pvc killed any motivation I had for painting them.

It's a damn shame because a lot of those hexa gear figures are tacticool/10.
>>
>>7384464
0/10 please try again
>>
>>7384464
Based GM Akari Custom.
>>
File: img_26.jpg (224 KB, 1200x686)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>7384653
>tacticool/10
Speaking of tacticool, new governors are all plastic but no pre-painted bits.
>>
>>7384694

That's good to know, more suitable for painting then.
>>
Anybody here ordered from SamuelDecal before? I put an order in for the 1/35 Zeta bust last week but still no update on it. Put my order in before he ran out of stock.

How long does he usually take to ship items out?
>>
Starting on my first Mobile Haro today. Got him all put together, thinking up paint schemes. Thinking bronze for the parts that are green now, a gunmetal or steel for most of the gray bits, with some silver and gold highlights.
>>
>>7384858
Yeah it's one or two dudes, they're kind of slow.
>>
>>7384958
Suppose it was Chinese New Years last week too, completely forgot about it.
>>
>>7384958
How's the shipping for MG sized kits?
>>
>>7385024
I want to say it was like $20 or so, I bought my Tallgeese III through him.
>>
File: sdshipping.jpg (17 KB, 604x230)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Shipping options for the Hyaku Shiki Kai
>>
>>7385041
wtf is Battery?

as in "assault and battery"?
>>
I think it means they shoot it out of an artillery battery.
>>
Work-in-progress. Painting the whole thing with just a slightly changed color scheme. Most of the body's done, so I decided to see how it looks put together. I'm hoping to finish it this week.

I painted the eyes and cameras on the heads today, bit you can't really make it out in the room's lighting.

And I know, that front waist piece is cancer. I'm going to redo the painting on that one.
>>
>>7383570
Where can you even order this from? It didn't pop up on my usual middleman sites.
>>
>have the MSG lance kit built years ago
>modified it a bit for my RD Tallgeese to hold
>now read up and apparently the Tallgeese actually has a lance weapon
>modify it again so that my RG Tallgeese can hold it
>arm joint is too loose to actually hold it up.

If it's not one thing it's another. I wonder if the IBO options kit would be lighter for it to have.
>>
File: star wars.png (464 KB, 857x1200)
464 KB
464 KB PNG
>Bandai 1/5000 Star Destroyer with LED lighting

Can't wait to build it and soak it in acetone
>>
>>7385791
>1/5000 Star Destroyer

How many Gorillian dollars is it going to be?

>With LED

Scratch that, How many gorillian dollars plus $100 extra is that going to be?
>>
>>7386228
Well that roughly works out to around 30cm~ in length.
The Neo Zeong was 27,000 for 86cm so I'd have to say with the LED, around 18-20k
>>
>>7385791
>soak it in acetone
Why?
>>
File: 1524945039617.jpg (1.64 MB, 843x1500)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
Found this AGE 1 action figure today in a charity store for £2, it's basically 1/100 scale and it looks like the previous owner tried to panel line it. Pretty neat.
>>
>>7386275
autismus
>>
>>7385791
it's not a vintage star wars figure though. only vintage figures can be soaked in acetone.
>>
What's your favorite melee weapon in Gundam?
>>
File: 1530548061993.jpg (120 KB, 1500x927)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>7386391
Good old beam saber.
>>
>>7386391
Wrench Mace or Sword-Mace from IBO.

Really dig the more physical element of the IBO melee weapons.
>>
File: .gif (2.6 MB, 519x294)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB GIF
>>7386391
Shield with blades (Sazabi, Sinanju) and legs
>>
>>7386275
Its a meme that tank and airplane fags who build bandai kits slather enamel washes onto base plastic and then complain it cracks because they forgot to coat it first.
>>
>>7385469
Ebay.
>>
>>7386448
It's a reference to that RLM video you mong.
>>
>>7386391
Melee weapons that aren't beams or heat up.
>>
>>7383614
Hmm thx for checking, might order one anyway
>>
>>7385791
no LED would look better
the lights are too harsh/strong
>>
>>7386534
Learn how to limit LEDs and their brightness.
>>
>>7386391
Damn near anything from IBO. The focus on conventional weaponry made the battles feel pretty brutal for me, I'd love it if they stuck with that, but I know it won't happen.

Graze Axe's are nice and I think are the perfect grunt melee weapon, literally a stamp it and forget it thing. The Schwalbe/Kimaris lances are great, and I guess Vidar's blast rapier too. But the best melee weapon for me has to be Sandrock's shotels.
>>
File: 20190211_165347.jpg (131 KB, 1032x581)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
Came in mail today.
>>
>>7383570
I picked up the Storm Bringer instead. Probably gonna regret it, but whatevs.
>>
File: IMG_20190212_101344.jpg (669 KB, 1210x907)
669 KB
669 KB JPG
Speak of the devil, doorbell chimed as soon as I clicked submit.
>>
>>7386568
I do like weapons that present well even when stowed
>>
>Kind of want to get Barbatos Lupus Rex
>38 dollars for something with massive stickers for major colored areas

Well that's kind of a rip off.
>>
>>7386275
>>7386448
I think it's about those Literally-whos melting some toys no one wanted.
>>
>>7386646
The top three are hideous imo. Nice Sazabi though
>>
>>7386646

Dijeh is the only good decision made in your order.
>>
>>7387128
I assume the 1/100? And yeah, a bunch of the yellow bits being stickers sucks but a good bit of that price comes from the huge mace and arms on it.
>>
New thread: >>7387582
>>
>>7387232
>>7387437
GM Intercept isn't good?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.