[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Olde >>7323309

It seems that Magic Square is going to have their initial roll out soon, so who's on board? I haven't quite come to a clear decision myself, but I'm thinking I'm satisfied with MP-10 as it stands.
>>
I'm waiting on mine from TFs Express. Anyone know how they ship things, exactly? I've got a tracking number that works with a site called SF Express but not with USPS. I'm wondering if this is a private carrier, and if it does its own deliveries or not.
>>
>>7328038
I think I've ordered with them like, once before, and I can't remember the details of how it got here.
>>
>>7328038
Yeah it seems like china>US dealers have been switching to that courier after the postal union thing.
>>
>>7328016
>soon
Mine’s getting here tomorrow.
>>
>>7328016
I'm sticking with MP-10 for now.
I wanted to like MS, but I just can't. TE had me curious, but I think Prime 3.0 nails the cartoon look better aside from that fucking backpack it has.
>>
>>7328065
See that's what happens when I try to talk about a release that I'm not buying right away -- it makes me look a bit foolish. Double Evil is the one that I'm keeping my eye out for right now.

>>7328068
TE I will say has two great modes. The problem that I've seen is getting from one to the other where it just explodes all over the place. I also have no shortage of other Primes around my room that I'm not for any lack.
>>
>>7328068
I pretty much feel the same say. MS looks like a fun toy but I know ultimately I wouldn't be satisfied with him on my MP shelf. Which is why I've got MP 44 on preorder with AJ.
>>
File: 36ceac39b1.jpg (303 KB, 1632x1632)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
So if there are any interested parties for Brawn and / or Huffer, I'll go in on this set.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (100 KB, 1164x634)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>7328016

I don't collect MP much anymore outside the odd figure but having a good looking Prime seems like a requirement. The only thing I want to ding Magic Square is the uncovered matrix and non-opaque window glass. I think this would be easily solved with some paper backing or some cut opaque plastic to stick behind it. Maybe Shiny foil would work or some paper with some shading to spoof the cell look. I'd also knock them from the beef at the back of the alt mode but its still a marginal improvement over MP10's scary leg panels. The price is absolutely right which is why I'll probably pick him up with an Ebay sale or something.

>>7328068

TE does a whole lot for the and I think it accomplishes much more than the MP 44 with none of the mess. The headsculpt can look odd at angles and the engineering left out leg swivels and an ab crunch. I'm not keen on the leg rivet for the ankle tilt as that probably could have been at least covered by a plastic piece. The alt mode is phenomenal and probably worth the laborious transformation. The way the legs flatten out from the robot mode bulk and the wipers disappear are A plus engineering.

MP 44 really does look the part from the front but the disaster of a truck bed, inflated accessory count, and that elementary school backpack are absolutely not worth that fucking ridiculous price point. It's near quadruple MS and TE's MSRP and there is no way in hell I'm going to go the discount preorder buy something from Takara without knowing if its going to be a Q/C disaster.
>>
I know talking about retailers sounds like shilling, but man I gotta praise The chosen Prine. Asked for shipping Monday night, they replied and shipped Tuesday, on my doorstep this afternoon. Free shipping option, too. Got these two Seeker lads and a suspiciously similarly colored friend.

I bought Meteor a month ago or so and I felt compelled to complete the set. While I love these visually( though it took me awhile to accept the featurelessness of the design) , I feel like they’re budget releases and it shows. They feel really janky, and the clip on Thunder crackers back that connects the nosecone has a stressed hinge that worries me. You can tell there’s a lot of areas like that they went cheap on. They may not fall apart, but I do worry about them in the long run.

I want MS Prime, but it worries me they took a similar approach. While the Seekers desperately needed an update, Optimus isn’t as necessary to me just yet, although I do like MS Optimus better than MP10
>>
>>7328227
Is that figuarts Sakura? How is she?
>>
>>7328223
I'm definitely in agreement with you on the Matrix issue. It really should have been something either more opaque or maybe even solid.
>>
>>7328231
Very nice actually. I mainly bought her out of impulse because it was the lowest price I'd seen. Figuarts are usually all good, but the street fighter ones have this really nice feel to their joint tolerances so they move in this nice, buttery smooth way and hold poses naturally.Plus a sculpt that actually looks really nice; normally I feel like Figuarts sculpts outside Toku stuff just stop at good to great, not exceptional, but all the SF ones so far would be good by statue standards.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1547164985543.jpg (92 KB, 704x1100)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
IM ANGRY. ANGRY ABOUT CONS!
>>
>>7328253

>Red bro

Is this just a KO of Magic Sqaure's Sideswipe but they actually added some G2 shit to his kit? Pretty sure Magic square's own G2 Sideswipe is just a lazy repaint lel.
>>
>>7328227
I don't really like their Starscream, but Skywarp and Thundercracker's colour schemes work a lot better for me.

>>7328259
It actually looks like a mostly original mold. If anything they might have borrowed engineering for the chest, but the legs and arms are completely different.
>>
File: e89b419a28.jpg (51 KB, 870x960)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>7328259
Not him, but I've been trying to figure out how likely / how much of a KO this would be of MS.
>>
File: blackQ.jpg (40 KB, 310x424)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
What a great piece, though I do think the hinges for the handle are very scary to manipulate at first.
>>
>>7328274
I keep meaning to get that but I never find space or budget. The orignal QB is still the single greatest toy value I've ever gotten.
>>
File: Shock05.jpg (608 KB, 1800x1309)
608 KB
608 KB JPG
>>7328274
I wish they would have come out with a cartoon coloured version. I know I'm the only faggot out there who likes lavender Shockwave but MP29+ colours would be cool.

The standard purple is way too dark for me, and clear and shackwave are cool but they're not really shockwave to me.
>>
>>7328274
I ordered mine last flash sale and it's currently in speedpak customs limbo
>>
BBTS has Planet X's Paddles for $30. Reviews don't seem too glowing, especially with a dino head that can't stay stored in robot mode and severe tolerance problems, especially with holding the dino mode together. Can anybody confirm or dismiss?
>>
>>7328274
For sure his leg manipulation is a funky thing to go through, but I think it provides a real nice end result.

>>7328283
I don't want to say that MP-29 is a baaad color, per se. But if I had to make my choice over again, it would be for the +.

>>7328284
Just remember if you choose for the hoses, you have to give it a good "jam it in."
>>
>>7328223
I don't really mind the rear of MP44's cab. I think the fenders actually look better than TFE's.
>>
>>7328296
What's the difference between the horses? Just length?
>>
>>7328264
>>7328265

I guess I'm wrong as I was just going by the chest and my memory. On inspection It actually does look pretty different.
>>
>>7328292
and its gone.
>>
>>7328331
Yeah, the way they're "designed" is that you would attach the longer hoses in bot mode, and the shorter hoses in gun mode. I just have the long hose jammed in and it's perfectly serviceable.
>>
>>7328346
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/25847 ?

Still shows in stock on my side.
>>
>>7328354
Oh, I'm an idiot, I was looking for "Paddles".
>>
>>7328362
Hey, I'm OP who literally had to be told MS-01 was basically at Anon's doorstep, so you're in fine company that way.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXH9HH3jpzY

He's just so....boxy.
>>
So that new Jetfire by Maketoys comes in two color schemes? I haven't seen the other one, only the not-Dancouga black and red one.
>>
>>7328388
https://showzstore.com/pre-order-maketoys-mt-mtcd-05-buster-skywing-jetfire-skyfire-white-version_p1084.html

It technically doesn't exist yet, since it's not even listed on Maketoys' own site.
>>
>>7328354
>>7328362
Don't, just don't.

Planet X's figures are usually amazing, but the Sludge/Paddles mold is a massive failure in tolerances and design. It's awful and can't be fixed.
>>
Magic Square Stereo Master (Krang)
>>
Lemme just skip straight to the BALL JOINTED NECK
>>
Probably talked about in an old thread, but is Planet X's Deathsaurus a good buy?
>>
is elita-1 that bad? i just saw several at walmart for 13 dollars. and hot rod (reissue) for 21.
houston/almeda genoa store.
>>
File: 1311980099707.jpg (57 KB, 586x438)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>7328612
Explain please
>>
>>
>>7328622
You're in the wrong thread

but she's crap, skip her.
>>
>>7328622
no she's not that bad. That whole line is being clearanced though to make room for Siege.
>>
Yet another good bot from magic square. Not completely perfect tolerance-wise this time though, as mentioned in the last thread Ramhorn was assembled kinda crooked (it was a pretty easy fix though I just hit it him really hard with my stapler to straighten him out) and the hip joints and feet are a bit loose. The tape deck buttons are also really damn stiff but'll probably become more mobile with time
>>
>>7328639
>I just hit it him really hard with my stapler to straighten him out
Is this animal abuse?
>>
As intended you're supposed to have these buttons sticking straight out, as well he has a bit of a butt flap.

One problem I have with this guy actually is that the tape deck doesn't have any actual mechanism to open, or even like a groove to stick your fingernail into, so it's actually pretty annoying to get it open sometimes.
>>
I much prefer having these buttons flat against his midsection, it breaks up his middle nicely, as well the buttflaps kinda obstruct the leg articulation so I think it's better to just have them sticking out (they don't stick out far enough to be annoying like this)
>>
>>7328630
dang. are there any third party fembots? i really want to get moonracer, chromia, elita-1, and firestar (novastar).

>>7328637
hmm, wondering if i should wait another week to see if the prices go down to snag both of them. thanks for the info.
>>
Transformation is all in the legs.

Also the head in the tape deck isn't a funni joek this time, in his boombox mode his head actually goes like this
>>
>>7328227
Can you give more in depth thoughts on your issues with the mold? I'm really on the fence about purchasing Meteor since it's the best looking cartoon based bot mode available of Starscream. What are the biggest negatives about it?
>>
Of course it'll usually be hidden by a tape anyway. Still funny though.

Ramhorn's cassette mode isn't bad. It would be pretty clean actually if they bothered to paint the back of the halves of his head, but at this size Iit doesn't really bother me
>>
Back of the boombox is standard fare
>>
BUT there's improvised weapon storage
>>
>>7328650
Now that's funny. Mind showing how the head transforms into there? I assume the balljoint neck helps.
>>
File: get in.jpg (565 KB, 2656x1494)
565 KB
565 KB JPG
That's MS Blaster. I hope they continue making cassettes for him because Ramhorn is pretty solid for his size (and hopefully release them in like packs or something and not with a recolor, like how Steeljaw is coming with Twincast)
>>
>>7328679
The head flips up and the whole thing does a little fold to """""hide""""" it inside

The balljoint is totally just for the transformation and not actually fan demand
>>
File: 20190111_000705_resized.jpg (831 KB, 2656x1494)
831 KB
831 KB JPG
>>7328711
shit
>>
>>7328648
>dang. are there any third party fembots?

Just a bunch of Arcees and a crappy female dinobot.
>>
File: SP.jpg (241 KB, 2048x1713)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>7328648

Yes but they're all over the place and they are mostly Arcees or remolds of arcees. There's a Solus Prime/Elita 1 remold, some original female dinobots that missed the mark, a few legend scale moeblobs, a Strika made out of Roadbuster, an Override homage if you're into cybertron, a spider motorbike that isn't technically black aracnia, and probably a few things I'm missing from off the top of my head.
>>
Is Iron Factory worth it? how good are they?
>>
Wtf am I doing wrong with the fucking shoulders.

Everything else was pretty simple. Tf
Carnifex.
>>
>>7328748
>Remolds of Arcee

My mind just got really blown when it probably shouldn't have at all but I just read that and realized that I don't think there's a single 3rd-party fem bot homaging someone other than arcee that isn't just an arcee retool. And I think they're ALL using that Reformatted body which I hate.
>>
>>7328784
I love Carnifex, easily one of my favorite toys ever. I hate the backpack and shoulder transformation. The physical equivalent to nails on a chalkboard.
>>
File: sti.jpg (51 KB, 640x960)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
The female dinobots are entirely original but fuck it up. Also Titanica and Nitro from MMC are pretty significant remolds of other figures.
>>
File: dedsaur.jpg (282 KB, 1024x683)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>7328616

I'm about to teeter over the fence myself. Not that many people have him in hand or picked him up. The limited consensus is that he's probably one of the Planet X releases to date from what I can gather if you take the figure at its own merits. There has been no word on any common issues yet aside. One guy managed to break a tab latch by forcing it unaligned though.
>>
File: dedsaurerz.jpg (272 KB, 1024x683)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>7328827

>muh grammer

Don't take pee breaks between thoughts when writing sentences kiddos.
>>
>>7328779
Yeah they're okay
>>
File: dedersuar.jpg (287 KB, 1024x683)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>7328827

I'm going to try this again.

>Not that many people have him. So far the general feeling is that he is one of the best planet x releases to date as there is no word yet on big issues. Some guy broke a tab on his by forcing it though.

And to add to that, I think people are holding out for MMC's versions for one reason or another. I'm not sure how wild people are about the G1 kit as he kind of doesn't fit with anything at the moment but CHUG or other Planet X guys. And to be honest this figure is really simple for what he is vs what he costs. I think I've decided to grab him so he can bully my Planet X dinos.
>>
>>7328662
Plz halp
>>
File: 20190111_001219.jpg (1.51 MB, 1440x2560)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>7328292
I just got mine from them recently. He's worth $30 but yeah, he has some issues. The head having no secure storage in bot mode is just a glaring wtf decision. He also has some ridiculously tight bicep swivels to the point of feeling terrifying to rotate for transformation, alongside some pretty loose elbows that make holding his guns or tail weapon difficult. His knees are also a problem in that the ratchet locks aren't big enough to hold the joints securely so even though the ratchets themselves are strong, they still have a lot of wiggle to them. Also, like Sludge, he has no foot articulation. No rockers, no swivels, nothing. If I had bought him for retail price, then I would have been horribly disappointed but for $30, I'd say he was worth it, especially if I can fix up any of those joint issues I mentioned.

Pic related is what I mean with the knee ratchets. Notice how the gray nubs don't fill the gap vertically. If I can find a way to make those bigger so they fill the gap correctly, it will fix the wiggle.
>>
>>7328292
>>7328863 (cont.)
I will say that mine seems to hold together in dino mode just fine. Absolutely zero issues with dino mode stability and holding together.
>>
>>7328867

Tbh I would probably just buy it for Dino mode if the neck could have actually done anything. It's a shame they didn't bother to give it articulation when they redid it. Instead they shit it out in a state where the thing doesn't even lock in robot mode.
>>
File: IMG_20180823_012240307_LL.jpg (1.41 MB, 4051x2061)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>7328805
I like the reformatted arcee mold enough, but I agree, 3p needs something other than Arcee variants.
>>
>>7328863
>>7328867
I got mine recently and pretty much agree with everything you said. I do quite like him for 30 bucks though.
>>
>>7328886
It goes in the same place Sludge's neck goes but yeah, they could have done SOMETHING to let it lock in. Just some slots in the neck for those red tabs to fit in would have sufficed.
>>
File: the bois.png (2 MB, 1279x937)
2 MB
2 MB PNG
>>7328274
Anon from the last thread who's gf recently got him one of these bad bois here. I can confirm. I am legitimately too scared to transform it because of the hinge for the handle on the legs. It feels like I am going to break it if I force it, but I don't mind so much considering he'll live in robot mode anyway. Literally the only downside (if you could call it that) for this figure would be that. Gave me a spook.
>>7328277
Make the space and budget. QB is the best Shockwave figure there is I reckon. Feels great all around and poses really fucking nicely.
>>
>>7328837
any other 3rd party thats better? or that you'd recommend?
>>
>>7328748
thanks for the heads up.

>>7328890
wow. so much recolors. i ended up going back and getting novastar and moonracer.
>>
>>7328907
That was just a sarcastically simple answer.

Iron Factory is probably the "main" or most popular legends scale company, doing mostly IDW inspired designs for everything.

People used to give them a lot of shit for having really neglected alt modes and extremely stiff joints, but they've since gotten a lot better at designing their stuff as all around transformers and getting tolerances right and they put out solid little robots now.

As or other companies dedicated to legends scale, Magic Square is a bit of a rising start with good designs and build quality, though they go for more G1 cartoon accurate designs. Papa Toys is also does legends scale kinda, they've been doing a mix of KOs and original designs, also with G1 accurate. DX9 also does a subline of legends class figures (DX9 War in pocket) that's pretty good and G1, though it's not their main thing so releases are a lot slower.
>>
>>7328890
I think I'd like it way more if I didn't have such problems transforming it. It's a real pain for me.
>>
>>7328902
If your the same anon who wanted 3D printing suggestions (assuming based on your Tusks) here are a bunch of transforming ones I found:

>Pumpkin spider
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3142151
>G1 Cliffjumper replica
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2463084
>Nintendo Famicom transformer
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2434951
>Iron factory’s legends Blaster replica
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2155888
>Iron factory’s legends Slammer replica
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2096115
>A bunch of gum-kit-looking predicons
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2029782
>Police car bot from brave (Da-garn?)
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2741722
>Dalek transformer
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:161455
>Tardis Optimus
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:113117
>(Much more complex) Tardis Soundwave and K-9 Laserbeak
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:110397
>Makerbot 3D printer transformer
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2865
>(Much better looking) Makerbot 3D printer transformer
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:11919
>>
>>7328907
Depends on what you're after.

IF and DX9 were doing Legends-scaled but CHUG, but now DX9 has taken a step back from legends it seems. IF uses standard 5mm weapon ports and pegs so there's a lot of interplay between their figures.

Magic Square and New Age are doing more of Legends-scaled, mini-masterpieces. They have more complex and satisfying transformations but stuff like accessory storage and standard weapon ports aren't their priority.
>>
>>7328982
Are those IF replicas straight-up stolen cad files?
>>
>>7328890
We can stop getting 3P Arcee when someone releases a good Arcee. FT-24 is close, but still has engineering problems.
>>
File: gondola.jpg (255 KB, 900x675)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
>>7328982
I'll likely do the Slammer & Cliffjumper at some stage because those are both pretty rad, but we're more interested in looking for ideas for our own original designs. Issue I am having is that I'm just not overly sure what we could make a transformer out of that hasn't already been done.

Cars, planes, boats, etc are all great, but they're not unique or funny enough for me or the gf to want to spend too much time and materials on them when we can just go out and buy something similar, hence the Gondola that turns into a Penis idea that I have so he could be Gondoltron/Optbenis Prime.

Awesome list though Anon, thanks. I'll make a note of them all. I looked at the Makerbot ones a while ago and both of them have issues apparently, so I'll sadly have to give them both a miss. Shame I'm not a Whomosexual though, because that Soundwave is really nicely done.

If you have any ideas/requests/whatever for some funny or otherwise unique bois let me know. Gf is the 3D modelling talent, and because of her sense of humour consisting of 4chan shitposts, the most shitposty the idea the more likely she is to want to make it.
>>
>>7328982
some of them are pretty cute/cool but we also gotta get out printer back in working shape again ;w; the drop in quality huts me so with how its wigged out
>>7329005
am excite to do the dongdola,
>>
>>7328253
>>7328265
It's original enough for stores like RK to carry it. They are picky about what they sell because they have close ties with Hasbro Asia.
>>
Looking good.
>>
>>7329140
Holy shit it looks better than the first one.
>>
>>7328909
>so much recolors
>Getting Moonracer and Novastar
>so much recolors
>>
>>7329140
Does anyone know what the diecast content on this guy is? Is it just the turrets or are parts of his body or armor made of it too?
>>
File: IMG_20190111_185324.jpg (191 KB, 1008x504)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
This came in before I left work.

I really don't know what to think of it.

It contains all the good point of MFT/mech planet figures but at the same time those good point get in the way of the toy. More on it later.

First, for the bonus items you get blue transparent axe and matrix of leadership.
>>
So are any of the third party display panels/tiles worthwhile? There's some from toyworld, zeta, x2, Dr wu, ko Dr wu, and probably more. I'd like some proper backing to my shitty ikea standing shelves but don't know which way to approach it. If I'm not mistaken there's some cardboard stuff from toyhax too
>>
File: IMG_20190111_185818.jpg (149 KB, 1008x504)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
First, the trailer (though a bit long) is great. Do recommend that once you get it open, do not close it too tightly when you close it up as they use rather small pegs to secure the cab, They might break if you are not careful.

Roller and the support vehicle are good. The arm and the radar can be remove and the cockpit can be open.

The original matrix is fully painted, no light piping. The axe is one piece and plugs into prime's hand peg hole.

All in all, the set feel like a miniature MP prime.
>>
>>7328844

Yeah, I kind of made myself wait on MMC since I'm likely to get both of theirs anyway and end up with two large figures.

I like the Planet X quite a bit, from the colors and paint deco, down to the weird look of the space-chicken-kaiju-dragon beast mode. The robot mode I feel like is kiiiiiiinda just okay, from the proportions, to the inelegant blocky legs, to the beast claws not stowing very nicely in the forearms, etc. I also wasn't sure how I'd like the feel of it, because I think it has a lot of diecast.

I think if I'd gotten Planet X now, I would have just felt like it was the redundant one after the others came out.
>>
>>7329193

Any major complaints?
>>
>>7329216

I picked up the Planet X Ismenios. I love it but I feel MMC will be better articulated and the g1 chug style will be better off than IDW mixed with G1 parts (ismenios).

I had stress marks appear on the pegs connecting the legs.
>>
File: IMG_20190111_191140.jpg (469 KB, 1008x2016)
469 KB
469 KB JPG
Here is the main problem with the set, Prime himself.

The general engineering design is good. It is streamlined MP10 transformation. The look of the figure is great but the overall articulation is just bizarre. I am not sure if my expectation is too high for legend class toy. I was hoping the toy would have full range of movement like Siege Prime- with less degree of bend considers how far they have come with first Soundwave mold and the joints they have shown on the toy. I was expecting a lot more than what I got, a lot of things just get in the way.
The arm can rotate freely, but as the shoulder chimney can’t be moved upward, the lower chimney will hit the lower arm when you try to rotate the arm outward when it is in a 90 degree bend. The knee does not lock in and it doesn’t help that the main knee joint is very very tight. You will pull the knee apart when you try to get bend the knee.
The hip is ball jointed, but the plastic for the crotch cover is MFT T H I C K resulting in the tip of the upper leg keep hitting the crotch piece, very annoying when you trying to get an only slightly outward /forward leg position.
I am not sure if that is just the limitation of legend size figure. I saw the DX9 Dutch review and it sort of suffers the same problems in different ways. Maybe if the figure is bigger the problems would go away as to be fair they do have a good design here. At the moment, I feel it just kind of miss the target in execution.

Though all in all, I think I will use this as my main cartoon accurate Prime. It certainly looks the part.
>>
>>7329177
It's just in the turrets, and that's plenty fine.
>>
>>7328207
That warpath looks like hot shit
>>
>>7329246
How’s the scale? Is he slightly oversized like MFT or is he in line with MS and DX9 stuff?
>>
>>7329265
Agreed. I really dislike the Warpath and Huffer. Brawn would look okay with some more paint though.
>>
>>7329246

Have you got any DX9 Primes?

I have Plissken for my Nemesis (with the fixed hips) and I really really like him actually, but I've held off getting regular Prime in case this turned out good. Gonna need you to take some poses Anon.
>>
>>7328890
Probably a dumb question, what company makes these? I dont know enough about all the 3p companies
>>
>>7329521
Master Mind Creations.
>>
>>7329521

There's so much shit out there now it's highly encouraged that you ask about what you don't know. There's no good repository cataloging unofficial stuff unless you immerse yourself in the daily news.
>>
File: IMG_20180304_170002269.jpg (1.2 MB, 2996x3995)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>>7329521
It's all good. As mentioned, they're Mastermind Creations.
>>
>>7329526
>>7329548
>>7329574

Thanks guys, now to find them lol
>>
>>7328038
Alright, update: UPS dropped it off. I guess that's who SF Express passes their shipments onto.
>>
>>7329668
Good luck, most of them are sold out now.

I did find the green one on Planet Steel Express, though. https://youtu.be/MLU1PuDyzYA

Otherwise, you'll want to keep an eye in BST and eBay.

There are eight versions, I only have six of them, which are in that picture.

The normal one is the standard pink Arcee, called Azalea. There are a couple of them on eBay for a normal price.

It was straight recolered into two convention exclusives, the Stealth black and purple one, and the Asterix blue and white one. The stealth version is also on eBay, but it's a bit more expensive. The Asterix version is probably the hardest one to get, and more likely to be the most expensive one.

The green one called Zinnia was slightly different, having some translucent bits in different mold and missing some kibble. She's cute, though, based on the season 3 Paradron medics and the most overlooked of then all, meaning she's easier to get and probably the cheapest.

After that, there was a red one with a new head to be Elita-1, called Eupatorium. She's probably My least favorite of them all. Unless you love Elita-1, find one for a good price, or just want any and all fembots, she's an easy pass IMO.

Salvia Prominion was supposed to be the last use of the design, based off of Solus Prominion. She's probably My favorite of all the versions.

The last two versions were a joke, the Feral Queens. Originally just an Azalea painted in Predaking colors to show off next to their version of Predaking, Ferak Rex, fans liked the idea and asked for them. Since MMC had done stealth colors for their Feral Rex, they released a special two pack with new heads through Planet Steel Express.

Iron Factory also made a tiny Legends scale Arcee, called Pink Assassin, which is pretty similar to MMC's Azalea in design. That one is pretty cheap and easy to get as an alternative.
>>
>>7329177
>>7329265
OK, now that I got home from work I can contradict myself on this matter. The hubcaps are, a chunk that's at the base of his powered up wrists are, and that big ol' protrusion you see on the front of his shins is also diecast.
>>
>>7329724
>https://youtu.be/MLU1PuDyzYA [Open]

Weird, wrong copy and paste.
Here is the correct link to Zinnia
http://www.planetsteelexpress.com/r-08z-zinnia/
>>
>>7329140
Looking nice, but I'd still go for the original one out of personal preference of Optimus Prime
>>
File: PX Deathsaurus.jpg (322 KB, 1452x1089)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
First PX figure and I'm very impressed with him. The build quality feels fantastic and the diecast heft surprised me. Can't wait for star saber to go with him. Almost tempted to get their bugs to give him some mooks to boss around.
>>
>>7329818
You should get him. Really. Just do it.
>>
So whos waiting on this big spacey dino boi? If so, how will you be displaying him?
>>
Um... did the current transformers general just get Nuked?
>>7329147
If so, why? I’m not seeing anything on the archive which would warrant it.
>>
>>7329939
Yeah it was, I think it was the Michael Bay header pic. I notice the linking post to it in the old thread has also been removed, I think whoever made that new thread got banned.
>>
>>7329939
It was probably because of Bay. I find it hypocritical by the mods who refuse to do nothing about the many bumblebee shills but ONE Bay thread is TROO FAR
>>
>>7329942
It was a pretty decent thread all things considered though.
https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/thread/7329147/
The trolls were barely acting up at all. Which is better than most of the time these days.
>>
>>7329953
Aw man, I really thought I had struck on something good with the revelation that
>Shockwave = Krishna
>>
>>7329946
Y'all have civil wars over the weirdest stuff.
>>
>>7329894
I think I will wait for a repainted version of this thing.
I'm not really feeling the white on this thing.
>>
>>7328662
>>7328850
Sorry buddy, was in bed early for a long shift.

Anyway, here's my feelings about MakeToys's Meteor/Seekers. Visually I think they're totally worth it, and if you're just needing a starscream for an MP collection, just go for it. My issues are how piecemeal it feels as far as quality goes; liek there's things that feel like a typical Maketoys or Fanstoys release, coupled with bits that could be some cheap fly-by-night company. Most of the complex engineering is focussed on the chest area,and I feel like that seems like the part with the best quality. Then the arms are ok, but the forearms feel notably cheap to me, especially in the case of swapping out Skywarp's hands. The wings are obviously a much discussed spot, but that same issue of having bits made a little cheaper. The wings are designed to angle up for a more dynamic pose, but because they aren't properly toleranced they have a habbit of sinking back down when raised. The tailfins are the worst part. I feel like they'll break off if the figure falls the wrong way(which, to be fair, isn't meant to happen anyway, but it could and it does bug me)

I get the feeling Takara might just try an MP starscream 3.0, and to be honest, I don't think its worth it for the seekers while these exists. Because though they might have issues, I'm not plopping down $200+ for Thundercracker 3.0, let alone the coneheads. I might go for Starscream, but I doubt they'd do much better at the cartoon aesthetic. So I totally get why it came out the way it did, but I would've been fine paying another $30 to guarantee better quality. That said, as I've been writing this I've been fiddling with Thundercracker and I don't have as much of an issue with it, despite it initially feeling like the most dubious out of box. so again, go for Meteor, its worth the risk.
>>
>>7329894
Very interested to see how he looks next the new primes coming, tho ill probably end up displaying him with my legends collection

Hope the neck,I turns out okay, heard some people have had issues
>>
>>7328227
cool pic except for the creepy anime doll
>>
>>7330077
>anime
>>
TFC Road Caesar worth picking up? Was tempted and with it being less than 300 for a combiner as big as MP Ultra Magnus...
>>
>>7329894
I'm gonna be tossing him on the bottom shelf with all my combiners, hope he turns out all right.

I wish I could swap the heads on the lynx though, I swear to god it's just not designed to come off.
>>
>>7330112
They're okay. The torso guy is good but the tolerances on the leg guys are kinda jacked and as such they can be really fragile. I don't think a single person here that bought the set didn't break something on each of the leg bots.

Combined mode is as solid as you'd expect from TFC after Poseidon, though. Articulation is a bit lacking but combiners fucking never get good articulation.
>>
>>7329946
Mods are butthurt geewunners, we already knew that.
>>
>>7329946
>bumblebee shills
Cry me a river.
>>
>>7330148

So, assuming I just transformed them into Road Caesar, it'd be fine? I had the seacons and I was thoroughly impressed.

TFV is pretty much untapped compared to most of G1.
>>
>>7330177
Yeah if you just leave them combined forever you'd be fine
>>
>buster stealthwing
>VTOL alt mode
>1/5th of a fake fan peeking out behind the wings
>nothing on the bottom
the wings don't even transform, are they gonna sell us a wing filler in 3 months time?
>>
>>7330175
I don't know, you already cried to the mods pretty hard.
>>
>>7330251
Nah, I didn't even care. It's just obnoxious how autists throw the word "shill" around when someone likes something they don't. Barneyfag isn't a role model, people.
>>
>>7330262
But half of tfg is just that. Anons within tfg throughout December were near begging anons to go see bumblebee so that it didn’t bomb. But the difference is when you want to discuss the Bay films your instantly labelled a Bayfag & face taking a ban because the mods don’t like your opinion. If there gonna ban one side then ban the other if not let a discussion take place for BOTH sides. This isn’t restera for gods sake.
>>
>>7330300
Was cool that bay had brought back interest with transformers, just a shame that it went down hill story wise and just went into a mess of random shit mixed with buzzword/memes.
I know gen 1 had a heap of stufd off too, but at least it didnt flipflop on who the characters are with their traits.
But it just went like a first time fanfiction written by a 12 year old.
For a director, i get the feeling bay is trying to mimic/copy Spielberg
>>
>>7329724
Thank you anon, this helps alot, or well makes this even more difficult to achieve now. I hate that im so late to the 3p game. Literally woulda bought all these fembots cause elita would go so well with mp10 prime being all feminine. But zinnia will be had now
>>
>TW-F09 Freedom Leader, humanoid height about 30 cm, deformable, alloy skeleton, 3A painting, with radiant sound, more information announced, Guan + turn, January 20, 2019 pumping TW-C07P electroplating Hercules set.

More info coming January 20
>>
File: 20190112_144017.jpg (3.35 MB, 5312x2988)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB JPG
How would you go about making your own transformee boi, i think it would be cute for a gen1 mlp one but i just cant figure out how to best have it
Really quick concept sketch but id love to get some feedback to really get it done good.
Should i try using some donor ones to help with figuring out how to make the prototype?
>>
File: 1448492872644.jpg (15 KB, 168x168)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>7330359
Don't care to see the movie but I'm very intrigued by a Bee Prime.
>>
File: 1540441618527.jpg (76 KB, 800x717)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>7330368
Definitely get some donors. Even Hasbro Frankensteins prototypes out of older figures, though this one was more of a test for plastic mount. Start with a concept for both modes, then compromise into something between. Definitely map out where you want kibble to end up in both modes, and decide which cues you will absolutely not want to change. See if you can get some cheap bionicle parts if you want to experiment with joint ideas.

I'm trying to make one myself but really you just gotta marshmallow test it until you get into the right state of mind.
>>
>>7330002
How is his balance when standing? Is the crotch piece as unstable as I've seen on some reviews? Looks like it has a tendency to just slide down on its own.
>>
File: TW-C08.jpg (126 KB, 1024x768)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
jesus fuck I need it
>>
IF Tarn by fwendlie chinese photographer that won't DMCA your ass
https://youtu.be/A7JFnEAyn6k
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (74 KB, 854x480)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>7330698
That's a very skinny rod the arm is attached to...
>>
>>7330698
Other than the fist just hanging out on top of the altmode, this one blows MMC's away.

>>7330701
This is a little concerning though.
>>
>>7330691

It's big and the robot/animal sculpting is on point. They have my interest.
>>
>>7330691
>zoid aesthetic mp scaled predaking

For what audience?
>>
File: 20190112_162505.jpg (142 KB, 1456x1024)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
MFT "Coast Guard" repaints
>>
>>7330714
Me. For any beast characters I will greatly prefer a more robotic/cybertronian style over the sunbow block animals.
>>
>>7330399
Nice
>>
>>7330555
the crotch piece kinda varies. My starscream and Thundercracker are both fine, but my skywarp does have a bit of a fiddly crotch piece.
>>
>>7330698
Instructions show this is going to be the combiner's core. I stopped to stare at them, it took me a couple of minutes to understand how the thing is supposed to work. Half of the steps are missing.
>>
File: 1539864128323.jpg (136 KB, 1017x1101)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>7330780
Isn't there supposed to be a bigger chunk that goes around him? What is this thing anyways?
>>
File: 20181221_181241.jpg (1.16 MB, 2560x1440)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
>>7330802
Hey if anyone is interested I'm selling the oversized jinbao gravity builder $140 including shipping
>>
>>7331024
Why are you selling it after going all in and finishing it?
>>
>>7331024
Why you selling it?
>>
APRIL
:(
>>
>>7331028
Honestly I'm just kinda lukewarm on him. Hes too big to fit in any of my displays, I'm constantly worried about him swaying and falling in the night, and I'm currently in between jobs so if I wanna keep up with this hobby I night as well sell stuff I'm not going to miss
>>
File: 085.png (229 KB, 500x375)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>7330714
>Zoid aesthetic mp scaled predaking

I want Berserk Fuhrer Grimlock.
>>
File: Predacons.jpg (24 KB, 485x273)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>7330754
Yeah, I don't get people who absolutely need G1 cartoon accurate beasts or vehicle modes. I'm more ok with cartoony vehicle bots, but the beasts look so much better detailed. I guess its because I'm a Beast wars/Zoids kid.

I'm collecting G1 MPs but I've been hesitant on the combiners because while I like the cartoon detailing on smaller scales, on larger figures it just looks bland. I guess its also because the Diaclone/Microman/etc stuff are inherently better designs that hold up to simplification better than latter stuff, but none of the MP combiner options so far excite me, until this
>>
File: 720556-lio_convoy.jpg (34 KB, 436x640)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>7331162
Someone just give me this. PE dropped the ball.
>>
>>7330802
That’s what megaton apparently looks like with his helmet off.
>>
Metallic Striker Manus delayed through February. Looks good though. The weapons have me wanting a purple pack for Megatron. https://youtu.be/MVqDzAKpPWg
>>
File: rampie.jpg (62 KB, 640x853)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>7330691

Bot mode time. Looks like you can swivel the feet around if you want claw feet. Personally this looks like a TFC release with how posideon-y the detailing looks, but it can fit in the T-beast range.
>>
File: rampy.jpg (132 KB, 1024x1365)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>
Some more TW rampage.
>>
File: ram ritter.jpg (163 KB, 1024x1365)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
Rampage mind.
>>
>>7331403
I'm glad I'm not the only one getting TFC vibes from this. And that's not a bad thing, because I definitely enjoy my Poseidon.
>>
I hope Rampages eyes aren't light piped. Can't really tell from the proto pics.
>>
>>7331416
and if they are, what are you gonna do?
>>
>>7331416
Looks like white paint. It lacks that distinct crystalline look of light piping.
>>
File: lightp.jpg (187 KB, 960x1280)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>7331453
>>7331416

They're piped going by the camera flash of pic related.

It's what made the TFC vibe stronger. Though I'm pretty sure all their dinobots lacked painted eyes too.
>>
>>7331447
Paint them more than likely. Just a shame to see these companies stick to something so archaic.
>>
File: Overheating.jpg (1.55 MB, 4032x1960)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
Ordered a Thousandkills off eBay, no tracking, and on the 15th the estimated delivery date will have passed, not sure how to proceed, it's annoying too since that was going to be my first 3rd party figure.
>>
>>7331494
It's a little late but it still might be in holiday chinese shipping hell. What's the seller's name? When they go rogue they tend to get a ton of negative feedback at once.
>>
>>7331494

Open dispute on ebay or paypal when the 15th roles around and you don't have your figure and you will get your money back. It's really not a big deal on your end. Same shit happened to me for Thousandkills.
>>
>>7331494
Not sure how much you paid, but TFS does have this listing: https://tfsource.com/tfc-toys/p06-thousandkills/

I don't know how difficult it would be filing a claim to eBay without tracking information, but I know for sure they are about buyer rights. It might take a while for them to process though, it did for me on one of mine.
>>
>>7331513

If there is no tracking they pretty much side by default for buyers. There's no way to prove the seller shipped the item then its a slam dunk. Same exact thing happened to me and I got a refund almost instantly though I suspect there were more reports before me about the same thing.
>>
>>7331511
superbbtoysuk, looked trustworthy, but now I see they've failed to deliver to people a few times. Stupid of me to not have noticed that, but that will help if I need to dispute.

>>7331513
I'm not in the us so it would've been more, but thanks for the suggestion.

>>7331512
Yeah that's probably what I'll end up doing.

Thanks for responses, Still a few day to go, so maybe it will turn up, I'm confident I'd get my money back if it came to it, pretty annoying though.
>>
>>7331546
If you need a new avenue, bababobo is my #1 go-to for eBay -- https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Transformers-TFC-Poseidon-P-06-Thousandkills-Action-figure-toy-reprint/163475304966?hash=item260fe33206:g:NDQAAOSwNepcNB~s:rk:3:pf:0
>>
>>7331494
Had that happen to me when I ordered a THF Soundwave. Never got the toy but ebay gave me my money back, turned around and ordered Quakeblast with that.
>>
>>7331552
Thanks I'll keep a note of that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7JFnEAyn6k
>>
>>7331403
I'm 100 percent okay with this aesthetic but MP hands need to fucking stop. They clash so bad with anything dynamic looking
>>
I'm conflicted. I want to get a good prime but I am having trouble between the Light of Freedom and the MAS-01

Both look amazing.
>>
>>7331657
>that ab crunch
>that transformation (although reviewer guy kinda bungled it a bit)
Further tempted to go all in on DJD
>>
>>7331866
I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either offering. It just boils down to what you want in aesthetically in a prime. DO you want full sunbow (TE) or a mixture of MP10 and Sunbow (MS).
>>
>>7331866
I kinda want to get the TFE one to try that crazy transformation
>>
File: IMG_20190113_143636.jpg (1.71 MB, 3648x2736)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB JPG
Just if anyone is interested, different moulds, basically the same transformation. I love them both.
>>
>>7331946
They stole the basic transformation scheme, and enhanced the rest.

So it's not a ko, but its HEAVILY inspired.
>>
>>7331866
So I just got MS and I love him. He’s a very solid bot with a smooth transformation and a nice look.

Some notes of caution though:
>Mine was missing one of the removable ab panels. It doesn’t bother me enough to return it though since I’m never going to use the normal parts over the battle damaged ones, but it’s still shitty QC.
>The paint is a little chalky. It can get marks on it very easily. So don’t start rubbing him on other painted figures. However, it’s vibrant and looks very cartoony
>The fingers are individually articulated, but a little loose. They aren’t going to fall off or anything, but you need to constantly adjust them

I still highly recommend him.
>>
File: Salvia Prominon.png (847 KB, 760x991)
847 KB
847 KB PNG
>>7329574
Saliva is going to look really nice alongside that Paladin Arcee, assuming they don't neglect the elements that warrant that name.
>>
Is there a cheap 3p Inferno/fire engine bot that's still passable? and which one's the best in your opinion?
>>
>>7332091
There's a couple of Legends or Legends+ scaled Infernos, there's a KO of MP33. Whatchu want?
>>
>>7332103
MP33 looks eh. Something similar in complexity and price to MPP10v, could be smaller and simpler tho
>>
>IF Megatron is $65 because of all the different accessories for different versions
I wish they'd make a version that just has the G1 stuff, sell it for regular price.
>>
>>7332129
So you want a CHUG one? There's Maketoys Hellfire but it ain't cheap. Maybe look at hastak options
>>
>>7332140
>hastak
yeah I wanted to avoid them but I guessed there's not that many alternatives for this guy. Universe looks damn fine anyways
>>
>>7332148
Universe+TFC Ladder and gun addon is still good, if you can find it
>>
>>7332148
Ocular Max's Backdraft is $55 on BBTS if you don't mind fixing some design issues with the customer service parts they provide. I'm happy with mine except for the loose thigh swivels, but he stands perfectly fine regardless. You just can't pose him with one foot off the ground. I'll probably end up destroying the screw cap on the thighs to try and fix that later on my copy.
>>
>>7332190
Pics of these issues? Sounds like he's a kind of a hassle to handle
>>
>>7332196
Peaugh did a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5vIcRZx-OQ

The thighs are loose because they're ratchet joints with too many steps on the disk. The tooth doesn't grip it deep enough so the heavy, metal feet completely counteract it. If I manage to get mine apart I think it'll be a matter of either replacing the springs with something tighter, replacing the disks and teeth with custom parts, or just making it a friction swivel instead.
>>
>>7332134
Here's hoping for a KO.
>>
>>7331866
>I want mp10 V.2
MS
>I want the cartoon look but not full retard big diaper 80% leg Takara version
TE
>Sunbow please shit in my mouth
official

Honestly there's not a bad choice desu.
>>
>>7330802
That's combiner kibble, I fear. Combiner's head, torso and shoulders, plus the feet. Honestly, I was hoping combination was more integrated than that, but hey...
>>
>>7329265
All 3p Minibots look like shit, except for DX9's Powerglide.
>>
>>7331946
Is that the MFT one? How's the quality on it, and I'm guessing it doesn't scale well with CHUG figures?
>>
File: 2019-01-13 18.41.23.jpg (2.5 MB, 2472x2023)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
So with the cloud 9 quakeblast has a known issue when turning it into gun mode and its one with both the normal and even more so, the clear version.

You need to unscrew the handle and manual move hinge, first with cloth and pliers and then with fingers, to loosen it so you dont risk breaking it off the handles.

Got a video showing it and also will link a vid to another vid on YouTube that shows you how to not break the arm cannon peice off. ( currently having trouble in refinding the vid, but we could just make another vid to show how) but to put it into prompt, get the arms to the point before putting the muzzle on, split the arms apart slighly (have the inner sides together at the top still) then put the muzzle on and click arms back together and it now holds inplace without needing any force.

https://youtu.be/BijPRxnMBxk
>>
>>7332341
Found it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ1Qft4f2Co
>>
File: 20190113_195644.jpg (117 KB, 1024x1297)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
Is this /3pg/?
Is this /tfg/?
Is this confusing your dick?
>>
before
>>
File: DwvnNunX0AAn73t.jpg (189 KB, 1200x900)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>
after
>>
before
>>
After

Stickers are okay quality and stay on pretty well enough. The colour matching on the shin stickers is uh... good. Also putting stickers over the painted areas of the hips is weird.
>>
Not much to say about the 3rd version of their first release. I still think it's really nice that they have so many extra stickers though.
>>
I didn't notice till now that this mold actually has light piping for the head, probably because inferno and grapple don't actually use the light piping and the eye piece is just an opaque colour because ???
>>
Also something pretty nifty that I didn't notice till now because I just completely ignored Grapple and Inferno's guns, is that the gun can actually peg onto the ladder. It can work as weapon storage in bot mode too (vehicle mode actually has some proper storage between the arms for it)
>>
KBB KO Core Magnus is already in-hand it seems, in China. Pic from Baidu Tieba.
>>
Annnnnnnnd here's your confirmation that it's 1:1 despite it not making any sense to oversize it.
>>
File: 20190113_102634_resized.jpg (970 KB, 1494x2656)
970 KB
970 KB JPG
>>
>>7332676
>>7332672
It's okay. It would have been cool if it also included some of the X2 parts. Or considering it's like a few years old at this point, a CW Magnus.
>>
>>7332642
Lordosis Prime.
>>
>>7332672
>Replacing minimus with a white prime
>>
I can't seem to find just regular color insignias. Just ones with extra wings or whatnot or they're mirrorverse colors.
>>
>>7332678
>Us and our sons.jpg
>>
>>7332454
I actually still have that guy laying around somewhere. I'm totally making that when I get cog, reminds me of the lego technic abominations I put together when I was a kid.
>>
>>7333190
That combination is floppy because of ball joints and physics :X
>>
>>7333194
So even closer to what I remember, then.
>>
>>7331051
That’s very responsible man, I respect that.
>>
>rare look at behind the scenes production of TE prime from FB

IronStarGTX/videos/vb.1568418116815948/2565656973708948/?type=3&theater
>>
>>7332337
Yeah. Good quality. Too small for CHUG. Legends+ scale basically.
>>
What do you recommend for a good 3p Masterpiece like Optimus and Megatron and a good grimlock too ?
>>
>>7333537

Grimlock? FT Grinder

Megs? I really like my Maketoys Despotron. But people's opinions vary wildly.
>>
>>7333537
For basic G1 Optimus, there's the newly released Magic Square offering, as well as the upcoming Transform Element. There's what I think a favorable consensus for Maketoys' Despotron for a Megatron, but I don't have him. For Grimlock it has to be FansToys' Grinder.
>>
>>7333537
>What do you recommend for a good 3p Masterpiece like Optimus
Wait and see how Transform Element and Magic Square's primes turn out, they seem like the best options by a longshot
>and Megatron
There's isn't exactly a completely definitive Megatron. Maketoys Despotron is well regarded but it's styled more after Dreamwave Megatron rather than completely G1. If you're only interested in having a display piece you can pretty much just take whatever you find off google and think looks best.
>and a good grimlock too ?
Fanstoys Grinder, for now. GIgapower is also working on some pretty solid G1 Dinobots but it'll probably be a while till they reach Grimlock.
>>
Hey look, it's perfect Legends scale.
>>
>>7333571
I really gotta pull the cat man back out before the bird half is released. I've been not wanting to do anything with him because the screws under his feet scratched my desk.
>>
>>7333590
Bad kitty
>>
>>7333571
>"despite what you may think, I am not a dinobot!"
>>
>>7332642
I'm reminded of the mcnuggies meme with the way that prime is looking back at the camera
>>
>>7333592
Very bad kitty, won't let me put on the alternate head either (seriously has anyone managed to switch the heads?)
>>
>>7333571

>nutcases want a MP scale of this
>despite it having to be FT Omega's height
>and that's before talking about the body lenght

MP collectors are a fucking cancer
>>
>>7333609
Don't forget the giant wooden transforming Metroplex.
>>
>>7333609
I've drawn the line at the 84/85 guys because of that. I just want nice Diaclone updates. I skipped on the Omegas so far because honestly, it just looks like a giant toy in a bad way.
>>
>>7333609
I'd buy it
>>
>>7333624
The only Omega you really need -- https://tfsource.com/master-made/sdt-03-apollo/
>>
>>7333634
That stuff all looks cool, but I'm not really into SD, especially at that price, and even with the smaller head kits its more of a novelty for me than anything.
>>
>>7333639
I've got all their TF releases (Caesar on pre-order, and I've at least eyed their Metal Slug offerings), and think they're all done very well. It's a way of enjoying characters that are supposed to be big in a very measured manner.
>>
File: 1547301397755.png (10 KB, 370x320)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>7333609
Skylynx size is all over the place. In the cartoon he wasn't much bigger than the dinbobots. Why dose it trigger you so anyway?
>>
>>7333685
MPs really trigger people here. If you notice, most people here seem to collect Legends and miscellaneous Classics inspired but necessarily Classics scaled figures. MPs are some of the biggest part of 3P but you'd have no idea looking at these threads.
>>
Please post the picture of your Maketoys Meteor!
>>
>>7333685

Because the people who collect MP won't care that he was at times not much bigger. They will engage in massive fucking flame wars over how big the robot chicken should be, until they have their giant toy that will just stand in a static pose on an overcrowded shelf that is about to buckle under it's own weight.

Yes, most of my problem comes from MP collectors being screeching autists who I just want to spite.
>>
>>7333685
mmc sky lynx will be my MP sky lynx because it was so fucking bananas in the cartoon it doesn't matter because season 3 animation was all over the fucking place and the comics suck
>>
>>7333571
Strange that this will be the only thing in my collection that can scale with legends, chug, and mp
>>
>>7333751
You are all screeching autists.

This was just you giving us the rationalization you use to prop up your delusion bubble.
>>
File: MountainDewbot.jpg (27 KB, 425x386)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Fuck, wrong thread.

Anyway, should I get Iron Factory War Giant or Catastrophe?

Can't Decide
>>
>>7333834
They both have the same issues so just get which one you like the colors better for
>>
>>7333834
I just got catastrophe. He's pretty cool. Has the normal shit is too tight that Iron Factory is known for. Mine doesn't have the stress marks on vortex and blastoff so that's a big plus compared to like every version of the bruticus colored one.
>>
>>7333834
If you can get the first version of War Giant, it comes with a bonus Pink Assassin figure
>>
File: file.png (55 KB, 651x385)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>want to get my first 3P figures
>I'm 35 dollarydoos short
I could dump the Steel Lucifer and just get Galaxy Meteor but I really love the Steel Lucifer and seeing it convinced me to finally try out 3P.

Why must being a poorfag suck so much.
>>
>>7332684
>x2 parts

Man those just fell off the face of the planet didn't they?
>>
>>7334123
That's how it usually goes for the good upgrade kits, they just completely disappear after a while.
>>
>>7333834
It's the same fucking figure. Why are you asking people what color you like better?
>>
Kadmos Test shots
>>
>>7334169
>>
>>7334171
>>
>>7334172
>>
>>7334169
>>7334171
>>7334172
>>7334174
Looking good, I am interested in him, but did they need to do the prototype in Cyclonus's colors? I scrolled bottom up and totally thought I was looking at a Make toys CD Cyclonus or something.
>>
>>7334169
Doesn't give me that Victory Saber feel without the power-up gimmicks.
>>
File: IMG_20190114_161312.jpg (373 KB, 2016x1008)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
>>7329267
Here are the size images
>>
File: IMG_20190114_161401.jpg (424 KB, 2016x1008)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_20190114_162356.jpg (406 KB, 2016x1008)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
It is more of the old scout class rather than legend class. But it surely very G1 looking alright
>>
File: IMG_20190114_162831.jpg (1.97 MB, 4032x2016)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
Cab shot
>>
File: IMG_20190114_162416.jpg (307 KB, 2016x1008)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
Here are shot about the issue I have with the figure.

As you can see the plastic composed of the front crotch is very thick. The 2 hip pieces on the side will keep hitting the piece so the geneneral range of mobvement is somewhat limited.

You can force it to pull of bigger pose, but I don't recommend it as doing so will put some stress on the wraist joint.
>>
>>7334213
>It is more of the old scout class rather than legend class
Doesn't that conflict with MFT and Mech Planet's own Legends+ scale? Optimus should be taller, yeah...?
>>
File: IMG_20190114_162521.jpg (474 KB, 2016x1008)
474 KB
474 KB JPG
And here is the arm issue. A 90 degree bend arm will hit the chimney when you rotate the arm.
>>
File: IMG_20190114_162818.jpg (1.33 MB, 4032x2016)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
Here is the peg thing on the trailer.

Not sure why they use them though considering how easy it would be to break them.

---

I would say if you want a mini MP10 (44?) this would be the set to get. KKB and DX9's offering probably play a lot better for prime but for me both figure look off. KKB Prime is pure beefcake, DX9 just plain cartoony instead of being based on the cartoon.
>>
Well look at that, guess we were worrying over nothing.
>>
>>7334169

I know for a fact from Ismenios, he won't ever be able to two hand his sword; especially given the proportions.

Ehh.
>>
>>7334282
That's okay, we have Flame Toys for that
>>
>>7334283

Flame Toys is a unique take on the IDW look and I think i love it a lot more for the liberties taken.

I know I won't ever display SS in a vehicle mode.
>>
>GigaPower HQ-05R Gaudenter chrome red and blue in production. Aiming to finish before Chinese New Year.
>>
>>7334259
ShowZ store has it and MMC’s skylynx in stock if anybody was wondering.
>>
>>7334294
Imagine this being your job and knowing some obese American will be worshiping this piece of colored plastic you put together. I don't know about you but I would be so proud and make sure each piece has no flaws or scuffs.
>>
Dream Factory's bayformers Megatron visually looks a lot better than Black Mamba's.

Seems a bit floppy though and the unpainted claws really stand out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntsV5qTgCfs
>>
>>7330378
Movieis really worth seeing, it's a g1 cartoom with love bug in between, only a few less human faces would be bay styled.
>>
>>7334395

It doesn't just look like an voyager blown up to the point it looks like a shiny fisher price toy, so that's nice.
>>
>>7334438
It's not worth seeing, it's another pile of crap that can't even best the feature length toy commercial that was the animated movie. Fucking dumbass shill go throw your money at lottery tickets.
>>
>>7334461
>joyless fuck can’t accept that other people like things, so they must be a shill.
The movie isn’t great, but it’s a fun, wholesome transformers movie. I probably won’t give it a second watch or anything, but I can’t understand why anyone would be so aggressively against it.
Plus it gave us some better looking live action designs.
>>
>>7334466
>mindless fuck with more money to spend than sense or taste
k
>>
File: 1535374798138.png (429 KB, 501x622)
429 KB
429 KB PNG
>>7334468
You must be fun at parties.
>>
>>7334468
This seems to really upset you for some reason. You wanna talk about it?
What do you enjoy instead anon?
>>
>>7334468
>>7334461
What's the matter Michael? Are you upset that people are finally realizing how garbage your movies were and jealous that Knight's work is being more well received?
>>
>>7334259
I really hope those pegs dont snap rippersnapper's ports. Also the chest is too big but i need those blocky thighs for mine
>>
>>7334506
I picked up a spare rippersnapper just in case since he’s only $10. I’ll probably mod one to avoid any issues too.
>>
>>7334135
I decided to pick up a CW Magnus since the Siege one didn't really click with me.

Hopefully someone throws one on sale right in front of me.
>>
>Why do we fight?
http://www.blastwave-comic.com/index.php?p=comic&nro=1
(This helmet looks like one of the blues)
>>
>>7334512
If it's any consolation, the ankle parts are kinda shitty anyway. You pretty much have to break off the stock feet if you want to use them well.
>>
File: 75bd926fc8.jpg (176 KB, 720x960)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>7328016
Anyone have any of the gigapower dinobots? If so which version would you recommend metallic or chrome & are there any glaring issues?
>>
>>7334515
That gas-mask is new/redesigned.
>>
>>7334540
Appreciate the protip. I'll probably still keep an eye out for it though cause I do like the rest of the upgrades to it, plus I'm getting him for like 20 bucks so I'm not gonna lose to much sleep over it if that's the case.
>>
File: IMG1382761605.jpg (233 KB, 1311x1131)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>
>>7334574
MPM Triple-changers? That's a little ambitious ain't it?
>>
File: ahegaotime.jpg (168 KB, 1920x1080)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>7334574
Oh baby
>>
>>7334574
I find it hard to believe that Toy World can pull something like this off, let alone think they could.
To me it would be like if Badcube starting making products that are on par with Flame Toys.
>>
>>7334586
Yes.
To be honest I'm waiting for the 3a robot mode versions. Ideally in the triple changer look.
Off the top of my head ideally it would have kibble parts that could be removed or added for what alt mode you want while also being able to look like both earth robot modes they had.
>>
File: 1545849372635.jpg (16 KB, 500x384)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>7334574
>All these prototypes
>nothing released yet
>mpm triple changers

So how many of you are thinking ToyWorld is writing a check their butt can't cash?
>>
>>7334603
They look like a divorcee that's trying too hard to prove that they are better off without their ex-spouse.
>>
File: 1517586203769.jpg (288 KB, 800x1333)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>>7334117
I know your poorfag pain. I was debating on getting the Maketoys Thunder Erebus as my first 3P but £90 is a bit rich for my blood and now he's out of stock.
>>
>>7334208

I think they showed a kind of bad, small robot mode early on? Just good enough to where it's kind of nice that the toy still has that feature, but it's not like you're going to spend $150 and then display it like that.

I'm more annoyed that they've started using diecast out of the blue than anything. That's why I liked Planet X and MMC Reformatted, because they didn't think making the large toy weigh four pounds was a priority.
>>
File: PX-C02-Kadmos-02.jpg (210 KB, 2048x1282)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>7334208
>>7334612
Boy does that look bad
>>
>>7334610
>Maketoys Thunder Erebus
Should have jumped on the Kapow Toys sale. It had it for £70 when it was in stock. Got maketoys Thunder Manus for £80. If you would like a recommendation Maketoys Megatron (rioter despotron) is really good & still on sale for £65 which is the price I got it for.
>>
>>7334679
The whole thing's a shite design to begin with what did you expect.
>>
>>7334574
I'm cautiously hyped for these. Their WW2 stuff looks excellent and if they turn out good, there's a decent chance they could pull this off too.
>>
>>7334693
Something that isn’t just worse than the MP?
PlanetX has the luxury of taking liberties with the design, so they could make something that works.
>>
>>7334117

TCP has galaxy meteor on sale still for like $80. That would save you $20. Steel lucifer is also $5 off. Both in stock.
>>
File: 1538526377515.gif (401 KB, 336x256)
401 KB
401 KB GIF
>>7334690
>It had it for £70 when it was in stock
Fuck, really? I would have jumped on it if I saw it at £70. That Megatron does look pretty cool though, the only other Transformer I've got is a MP-10 Black Convoy so a Megatron would go nicely with him. I'll give it a think.
>>
>>7334612

Also because it's such a stupid fucking idea.

Ismenios is decent but extend his legs far enough and his diecast thighs just pull his legs apart.
>>
>>7334541
OP here -- I have them, the chrome variants. Between the 3 of them I only have one issue that I still need to get resolved, and that's Sludge's wrists aren't toleranced well enough and flop all over the place when I try to get him to hold his sword. Beyond that their very solid.
>>
Migrate when ready
>>7334907
>>7334907
>>7334907
>>
File: pc24.jpg (85 KB, 720x540)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Does anyone have pictures of PC-24 upgrade parts for Abominus on the monster modes? There's not a single photo or video I can find of this.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.