[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 37 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: Robot Damashii.png (15 KB, 400x120)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
Previous Thread: >>7239641

Other mecha toy discussion is also more than welcome!

Upcoming regular retail releases:
-Phenex Destroy Mode, Narrative Ver. (Dec. 8th)
-Iron Giant Galient (Dec. 29th)
-Zaku II High Mobility Type ver. A.N.I.M.E. (Jan. 2019)
-GM Sniper II ver. A.N.I.M.E. (Feb. 2019)
-Zeon Weapons Set ver. A.N.I.M.E. (Mar. 2019)
-Kampfer ver. A.N.I.M.E. (Apr. 2019)

Current open Tamashii Web exclusive preorders:
►Order Deadline Dec. 20th
-Ka Signature Nero, Lunar Landing Type (Apr. 2019)
-Nightingale (Apr. 2019, second batch)
-Strelizia XX (Apr. 2019) [Note: Will be distributed in the US as a regular retail release]
►Order Deadline TBA
-Aura Battler Guitorre (May 2019)
-Metal魂 Lancelot Albion Zero (May 2019)

Bandai's official RD page with images and release dates:

http://tamashii.jp/item_brand/robot_tamashii/
>>
File: 71323bd8[1].jpg (102 KB, 1024x819)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
New/recent reviews from Nuu!

Phenex:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/52035482.html
>>
File: 9a998b32[1].jpg (81 KB, 819x1024)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Johnny Ridden's High Mobility Gelgoog:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/52035091.html
>>
The DX Chogokin VF-1J is also scheduled for Dec. 29th release. Worth keeping an eye out around release if you're still hunting for an order.

Individually articulated fingers! And check out the integrated gap covers for the top of the chest, neat!

Transformation video for folks who missed it:

https://youtu.be/lnq2wVY8SFU
>>
>>7277753
That's one gorgeous looking boi.
Think once I get him in hand it's time to give the display a nice rejig and get some focus on the ANIME and Unicorn groupings.
>>
>>7277757
So close to perfection. The next step after this is correctly-functioning control surfaces and integrated side fillers.
>>
>>7277757
Pretty cool how the legs detach during transformation. Doesn't it do something similar in the show?
>>
>>7277766
Yeah I'm honestly a little bummed the gap fillers aren't just panels that fold out. I think it can be done. At least the ones on the top are integrated.
>>
File: vf-1-transformation5.gif (71 KB, 987x474)
71 KB
71 KB GIF
>>7277767
Yes. The only figure with a transformation more accurate than this is one of the Bandai model kits that actually has pistons to move the legs into position.

>>7277768
I'm starting to wonder just how much more merchandise we'll get from some of these old series. The fanbases are starting to age out, I think I might be an anomaly being a 30-year-old who's heavily obsessed with SDF Macross, the core fanbase seems to be much older - late 40's and upwards - not to mention the creators and designers being much older. Same for Gundam. I plan to make the most of these stellar releases we're getting like DX Chogokin, GFF Metal Composite, Robot Damashii ANIME/MSV/Ver Ka, Hi-Metal R, etc because I don't see some of these old series being milkable for much longer.
>>
>>7277782
Yeah the 80's nostalgia wave can't last forever unfortunately and some of the stuff we're getting now will definitely be the peak for franchises. I don't really see L.Gaim, Dunbine, or Patlabor ever getting another comprehensive toyline for sure.
>>
>>7277755
most plasticky RD yet
>>
>>7277533
>being marked down to 8500 yen

Where?
>>
>>7277782
>I think I might be an anomaly being a 30-year-old who's heavily obsessed with SDF Macross
Nigga I'm only 19 and obsessed with Macross have been for years. I'm fairly certain that at least the big titles that still have shows coming out will be marketable for a fair while yet.
>>
>>7277855
Amazon.co.jp was the one I recall.
>>
File: wiggle.gif (673 KB, 376x500)
673 KB
673 KB GIF
>kampfer isn't exclusive
Thank you God and Santa Claus
>>
File: 20181207_113825.jpg (456 KB, 1504x2016)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
>>7277755
>>7277850

Yeah. His red plastic straight up looks like laffy taffy. I was really anticipating this guy but he feels a lot cheaper than the other two googs. Lots of nub marks and a really loose right shoulder on mine. He doesn't even hold his rocket launcher snugly. It's a damn shame considering how good the gelgoog mold is.
>>
>>7278301
Well I'm somewhat okay with the fact I just missed out on the preorder window in that case.
Really want some Shin Matsunaga suits, his white suits are beautiful.
>>
>>7277782
Nah you aren't the only one, there are plenty of younger fans of SDFM but they probably don't have the money to buy pricey stuff like Arcadia releases yet.
>>
>>7278047
even within a fucking toy thread the niggerish culture prevails. why the hell is this lowlife shit so prevalent? im willing to bet your white right?
>>
Fucking hell, I just got my Hygogg and I am fucking impressed at how poseable this thing is without sacrificing fragility. The thing is solid as hell but still able to contort into nearly any pose I want it to. Springs on the back of the legs to keep a small flap up but still allow it to yield when you bend the legs?!

When the fuck did this happen? The last RDs I bought were the Crossbone line and they felt flimsy as hell.
>>
>>7278531
I've just picked it up naturally from folk using it a lot on this site it's a habit.
>>
File: gernsback.jpg (37 KB, 492x623)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
MB Gernsback is also getting released sometime this month. Any reviews yet?
>>
>>7278589
21/12
>>
>>7278555
The ANIME subline has been pulling off engineering magic for a few years now for this sort of thing.
>>
>>7278047
>>7278371
I think we're in the minority personally - especially in Japan, where sales actually count. I imagine the younger generations there probably care more about Frontier and Delta if they're into it at all. Same for things like Gundam, Patlabor, etc.
>>
was resisting the kampfer... but gave in anyways. pre-ordered that son of a bitch. I think it'll be my last RD for a long while until they eventually do a Helldiver from Patlabor.
>>
File: robot dramashii.png (2.02 MB, 1000x1578)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB PNG
>Lancelot Albion (Zero):
--https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXKZFQqveLU
--https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlQkFuLRuQs
For peak edge, I recommend opening 2. May want to mute the showroom noise of the videos, but that has its own charm.
>>
File: DSCN2671.jpg (208 KB, 900x1200)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
23 minutes of Narrative:

https://youtu.be/44JE9N2-vWY

Pretty neat, though I didn't realize til the end that was Michelle in those flashbacks with Jona and Rita, heh. Loved seeing the Jesta again, especially because it gives Bandai another opportunity for a Jesta RD!

>>7278555
Welcome back, anon! Yeah, as >>7278785 said the ANIME subline has been killing it. Definitely a great time to jump back in!

>>7278589
>>7278650
Can't wait to have this guy alongside Al. Between the Gernsback and the DX VF-1J, December is a really good release month.

>>7279228
I think you made a wise decision, anon. There's definitely worse things you could fall to temptation for, haha.
>>
>>7280849
Did you end up ordering the Narrative ver. Phenex? I have mine on the way with some more Act.Combination stands since I'm running low.
>>
>>7280895
>tfw mine's held up with a delayed figma I impulse ordered cause of the arse.

Big regrets.
>>
>>7280849
you know it's gonna get a full marking release at this point
>>
File: 8660cc98[1].jpg (221 KB, 1280x1024)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>7280895
I didn't, but after seeing Nuu's comparison shots with the OG Phenex, I'm suuuuper tempted. I already think the OG Phenex looks wonderful in-hand, but I love how the color of the Narrative version looks even more vibrant then the original. I also like the remolding on the shields to allow them to sit higher on the Phenex's back, plus the dark grey paint accents on the shields looks real nice too.

I think I want to wait and watch Narrative before deciding, though admittedly having paid the exclusive tax for the OG Phenex is a significant factor in making me reluctant to re-buy, haha.

>>7281018
Oooh, yeah, I could see that happening.
>>
>>7280849
How many M9s did you order anon? I got 2 but will probably cancel the one from PRJ
>>
>>7281302
well, gotta admit those tails on the shields don't look as awkward as when I first saw them

probably just got used to them
>>
>>7281302
I could never bring myself to pay the $100-ish for an original Phenex, so I jumped all over this release. Should be here middle of the week.
>>
File: DSCN1427.jpg (195 KB, 900x1200)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>7281307
Though the urge to have the proper team was super strong, I ultimately went with just one. Since I mostly keep my MBs boxed up and just take 'em out when I want to play with them, it didn't make much sense to buy a second one if I wasn't going to be displaying them as a team (though having a complete team or both Gernsback variants to mess around with would be a lot of fun!).

I've also gotten into the bad habit of buying doubles of all the recent 0080 ANIME grunts, so I had to balance out the costs a little bit, haha.

>>7281319
Agreed! I was pretty ambivalent about them, but now I've grown to like them especially after seeing Narrative in action.

>>7281321
Smart choice anon, wish I'd had the willpower to do the same, haha. I'll look forward to your in-hand impressions!
>>
File: DSCN7071.jpg (167 KB, 1200x900)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
HLJ added several Gundam RDs to their Winter Sale. Most notable are the GM Cold District for 3300JPY and the Zaku II Kai for an insane 2200JPY:

https://hlj.com/search/go?cnt=30&filter=itemgroup%3aHOLIDAYSALE2018Dec11&w=*&af=selectitemtype%3aactionfigures

Highly recommend grabbing a Zaku II Kai if you have any interest in the suit whatsoever!

Also note that when you add sale items to your cart, they sometimes still show up as their original price because HLJ's new site is working SO well, heh. The checkout total, however, should be accurate to the sale price but double-check to make sure.
>>
>>7282125
Zaku II Kai seems back up to 4,400 JPY now. At 2.2k I'd have gone and bought a second one because holy shit.
>>
>>7282125
Thanks. Grabbed a GM, was tempted to get 2 but December's already an pretty expensive month for me.
>>
>>7282125
I heard some bad things about the GM. Any truth to it?
>>
>>7282187
>>7282125
my zaku kai's captain spike pops off for like no reason, poor guy has to say a grunt.

at least he's got a nazi helmet to change into
>>
My Zwauth arrived today. Just an absolute unit and I was surprised at the heavy ratches. Overall a very positive experience, but I'm pretty positive this boy can't stand up without the stand, everything's just too heavy. Also, mine seems to have arrived with a QA issue: one of the small claws on the inside of the feet is just gone. Are there any reports of such errors, or is it just confined to mine?
>>
File: zwauthnew.jpg (312 KB, 2048x1152)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>7282505
>>
>>7281321
I hate the fact that they released this before the actual Narrative
>>
>>7282125
>Zaku II Kai for an insane 2200JPY

>mfw discontinued
>>
>>7282530
They must have only offered up like 2 of those for that price because even when it was in stock it was full price. False marketing.
>>
How's Shining Gundam guys? I see him on sale a lot. Is there anything wrong with it?
>>
File: lunazaku.jpg (51 KB, 527x712)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>7282125
For anyone on the fence Luna's Zaku is a pretty good figure, even if you don't care for Destiny (I don't). There's a lot of bang for your buck for 2699JPY.
>>
>>7282540
I vaguely recall people complaining about it a lot when it came out...something about the legs. Excessive looseness maybe.
>>
>>7282540
He's a very loose boy, so you better have some pledge on hand to tighten up his joints. He's pretty nice asides from that though.
>>
File: CryingJordan.jpg (57 KB, 480x311)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>7282125
>spend hours looking through HLJ's sale pages
>have added a good 15-20 items to cart
>finally, almost done
>check cart to look over what I've got so far
>HLJ's broken-ass new site has emptied my cart for no reason
Fucking great. HLJ used to be my favorite, curse them for changing their site.
>>
>>7282413
Some minor issues like a shield connector with no variety and weird arm joints. Otherwise they're just being spoiled, it's still better than most non-ANIME RDs
>>
>>7282601
Define "weird." Do said weird arm joints limit or fuck with poseability?
>>
>>7282583
>15-20 items
What did you buy? There's hardly anything I want from this "sale" so far.
>>
I honestly can't remember it all, which is the most frustrating part. I'm gonna have to go through all this bullshit again.

As for what I do remember...well, it's nothing too exciting. Just a lot of stuff I thought I missed out on and was surprised to find in stock. Like Revo Minis for example. Some kits that got so cheap I figured I might as well throw em in. The SHF Akibarangers cause they're down to under $10 apiece again so why not. Still debating whether or not I need the ANIME Gouf, or if I can just be happy with the recent HGUC.
>>
File: 1542679339742.jpg (23 KB, 320x320)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>7282583
>15-20 items
>>
>>7282614
Sounds like a lot of things you only threw in because of their price and you would probably regret once you got them in hand. HLJ and their shitty site did you a favour.
>>
Guys, name me some decently looking mecha models that doesnt look like a giant ass samurais (e.g gundams, transformers) Need a gift for bf.
>>
>>7283350
Metal Gear model kits by Kotobukiya.

This thread is for toys not models, btw.
>>
>>7283350
Any of the Hexagears for sure. If you are after more model kits though, the Gunpla thread is always worth asking as well.

>>7283353
A small overlap isn't harmful at the least. Though what non giant ass samurai robot toys are out there too?
>>
>>7282505
Omfg any chance of a shot with a standard damashii for scale? I need the Zuath in my life.
>>
>>7283353
>>7283360
Uh, sorry, im a bit retarded. And thanks, hexagears look cool i guess.
>>
>>7283350
>>7283367
you're so sweet.
If my female friends knew i was into models, i'd swear you were buying me mecha and new of my dislike for stupid humans in oversized cardboard samurai armor.
>>
SOON
>>
>>7283407
Galient?
>>
File: venomzwauth.jpg (133 KB, 1200x675)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>7283365

Sorry bro, I don't have any other RDs at the moment, but here he is next to Amazing Yamaguchi venom which is already a huge figure on its own right. This thing is massive and absolutely sick, the aura converters alone make it have a lot of presence. Definitely get it off of Mandarake if you're getting it, they're much cheaper there than other sources.
>>
File: eppy1.png (211 KB, 597x481)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>7283435
Fancy seeing you here Decu
>>
Do you guys think they're going to do A.N.I.M.E. versions of suits from zeta? I want to get a lot of the zeta figures but I'm worried they'll just release updated once as soon as I buy them
>>
>>7283573
I mean, at this point, it certainly seems possible. Early on in the ANIME line I would have been rather dubious, but now that they've moved on to 0080 it seems reasonable that they'd continue on to 0083 and then Zeta. That's probably a while away if it does happen though, so if you're feeling impatient then just get the current ones.
>>
>>7283573
>Do you guys think they're going to do A.N.I.M.E. versions of suits from zeta?

Yes, it will happen. Zeta is a classic series, andthe majority of it's fans are the target audience for the ANIME line.

The Zeta and MK-II are guaranteed ANIME RDs, probably more after that, there are a ton of Ttians suits from Zeta that never got RDs.
>>
>>7283707
not sure if we need another MK2, already has the basic version, and the ver Ka with FA, and all the Titans version...
>>
>>7283849
Both of those molds are pretty funny looking. I'd like it if they went back to the drawing board on this one, the Mk.II is my favorite suit of all time.
>>
>>7283707
>there are a ton of Ttians suits from Zeta that never got RDs.
My kingdom for a Baund Doc RD. Also a new Qubeley, the current one is ass.
>>
>>7283849
I thought that at first, but then you consider the ANIME engineering, sculpt and accessories and I suddenly want one.
The Rick Dias was my first RD and I was quite disappointed at the time. A new ANIME Rick Dias using some of the tech from Dom/Gelgoog would be great. Same for a Galbaldy.
>>
>>7283573
Pretty much inevitable assuming the line survives another few years. Though I think they’ll do CCA first because it has a low unit count, maybe 08th ms for the same reason.
>>
>>7283867
>>7283985
I have been eyeing both the Q and Ricky for some time now as they are at a bargain. Respectively, what are their cons?
>>
>>7284051
Qubeley has very simplistic engineering and is not very poseable. It's obvious they didn't really care when designing it.
>>
File: mk-2 RD.png (2.05 MB, 1571x1122)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB PNG
>>7283849
>not sure if we need another MK2, already has the basic version

I remember people complaining when it was released that the MK-II RD had strange proportions compared to the original lineart.

I think people would buy a ANIME MK-II RD that was more faithful to the lineart from the show. Just the same way people bought the new HGUC MK-II after the Real Grade MK-II was released.
>>
>>7284166
None of the OVA figures are based on the line-art though. It could be the same case for Zeta.
>>
File: DSCN2851.jpg (183 KB, 900x1200)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
EE has both the Metal Build Arbalest and MB Laevatein for $165 shipped when you use coupon code FESTIVE10:

Arbalest:
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/full-metal-panic-iv-arbalest-version-iv-metal-build-action-figure/blfban17738

Laevatein:
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/full-metal-panic-laevatein-ver-iv-metal-build-action-figure/blfban17778

That's a pretty solid deal for Laevatein, but a straight up great deal for Arbalest.

>>7282187
>>7282530
Dang, sorry it went so fast! I swear it was real though, haha. Managed to grab one myself.

>>7282478
Hmm, maybe the base of the fin is slightly too big or the hole in the helmet is slightly too small and that's messing with the tolerances. Perhaps try filing down the fin's base just a little bit? Or maybe your Zaku just doesn't want the command responsibility, haha.

>>7282602
I haven't seen any complaints about the poseability being limited or anything. Just last thread there was an anon who got in his GM Cold District and was super happy with it. I picked up two so I'll be able to see for myself, though I won't get'em til after the DX VF-1J releases.

>>7282505
>>7283435
Looks great, grats on the new addition anon! Is his waist joint ratcheted? Sorry to hear about the missing claw though, wasn't floating around inside the tray/box, was it? Have you tried contacting Mandarake for help? Folks in Japan are able to get support from Bandai (the middleman I used for RD Byarlant Custom was able to get me a piece Byarlant was missing), though Mandarake wasn't very helpful to this anon >>7277638
>>
>>7284388
Well thanks for making me aware they had a sale on. I ended up ordering the Kshatriya. Had my eye on that big boi for a while.
>>
>>7284166
This figure's weird stretched looking face reminds me of some of the more bizarre off-model sculpts from the 80s. Its legs are also way skinny, a big part of the Mk. II's appeal to me are its thicc calves, which the HGUC nailed pretty nicely.
>>
File: RickDias.jpg (203 KB, 907x1210)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>7283976
>The Rick Dias was my first RD and I was quite disappointed at the time
Hmm, really? I love the shit out of my Rick Dias.

>>7284051
If you can get Rick for cheap, I say go for it. It's a delight in my book. Head has almost no movement due to design, but it has a pretty decent ab/waist crunch. Knees only get 90 degrees, but elbows go to like 135. Shoulders and hips are beautifully unhindered, it can almost do the splits and has nice butterfly joints. Ankles have some pretty nice range on them too, they're double balljointed. Plus, the giant chunky hands are a delight, and the whole figure just feels good in the hand. It's a hefty boy, and I end up messing with it a lot on my desk.

In fact, I hauled it out again so I could write up this mini-review for you, and fell in love all over again. I'm sure an ANIME Rick Dias could blow this out of the water, but this is here right now, and it's not too shabby at all.
>>
>>7284051
You can’t mount the beam saber blades on the qubeleys wrists. It’s a trivial complaint but yeah it bugs me far more than the mediocre articulation. I actually like both it and the rick Dias. They are solid enough toys though, the articulation isn’t terrible they’re just fat guys and suffer from a lack of butterfly joints and stuff because the fat RDs only recently started getting all the dynamic joints.
>>
File: s-l640.jpg (38 KB, 500x598)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>7284579
Oh Rick Dias grew on me overtime. But initially I went in fairly blind but heard good things about the RD line so I was expecting something mindblowing.

The fault falls directly on me there, but he clearly never put me off the line as they are pretty much the only line I still buy from consistently while I think the last 'Figuart' I bought was PowerDizer a good while back.

Think I'm overdue getting my Rick back out too with all this discussion about him. No doubt I'll enjoy him more now.
>>
>>7284812
>You can’t mount the beam saber blades on the qubeleys wrists
exactly the same reason I haven't gotten it yet, maybe if it went on super sale but missing this basic feature is kind of an indication Bandai doeesn't really give a fuck about this suit.

The other indication is they didn't even bother releasing a red/purple version
>>
>>7284388

Nope,it's not anywhere near the figure. I don't really mind, it's not that visible and everything about it just screams quality. It sucks, but I can live with it because it's so minor.

As for the waist joint, I don't think it's on a ratchet. The ab crunch/flex joint is and it is a heavy ratchet joint, something like you'd see on a soul of chogokin figure. Overall pretty great, and the joints on the wings seem to be holding up even when they're fully raised and spread. I'll probably try to get it standing on its own soon.
>>
>finally get monthly order
>zenith wanzer has two right shoulders

Fuck me, I've had so much bad luck with QC in the last couple months its not even funny.

at least the hygogg is cool I guess.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.