[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 22 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: r0bkvrma1rb11.jpg (48 KB, 576x768)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
I bought pic related last week and it finally arrived, after removing it from the packaging I went to swap his gloved hand and with almost no force the wrist peg snapped.

After looking on both /toy/ archives and other sites this seems to be a common issue with this Luke.

Mind you I've been collecting Figuarts for years and have never had this happen, what is my best option?

I got him from Mandarake, should I contact them? Or would it be better going straight to Bandai? In the meanwhile is there a suitable alternative for the joint?

One of his hands has the broken piece in it, how do I even get it out?
>>
Just say Vader cut it off again
>>
>>7277218
I'd be laughing if every single thread about this issue didn't have one Bespin duel reference.
>>
Isn't that a fairly common wrist peg for Figuarts?

Swap from another figure maybe.
>>
>>7277216
It's a joint a lot of people seem to have ham-handed. I think it's definitely more a defect with the product for it to be such a common issue.

A pin vice or hot needle would be best for removing the part stuck inside.
>>
OP, it's just a defect with that Luke. I am not sure why, but everyone has that dumb fucking issue. Mine is about to break as well. It's strange too, since I own so many other SHF Star Wars figures and I have never had any issues what so ever.
>>
File: 1543238362405.jpg (19 KB, 480x522)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>7277455
Sadly no, out of my multiple Figuarts none have a similar sized joint.

>>7277468
That sucks, since you own multiple do any other have similar sized joints? I'd be willing to buy a cheaper Star Wars figure to swap.

I've also contacted both Bandai and Mandarake's Shibuya store where I got it, hopefully either responds with a replacement part or compensation.
>>
Mine is sitting unopened because of this shit.
>>
>>7277473
Oh god, Mandarake is about to blacklist you. that place works like the Soup Nazi. Just quietly order your things and stir no pots and enjoy your item and if anything goes wrong just deal with it and don't fuck yourself over for next time.
>>
>>7277504
We'll find out soon enough, if they offer me nothing I'll take the L and bug the shit out of bandai.
>>
>>7277473

Please keep us updated anon. Im never taking that hand off mine. Thanks for the tip
>>
>>7277504
I had an issue with Mandarake where they sent me the wrong thing. I mailed it back to them and got a refund and still not blacklisted.
>>
>>7277216
When I got mine I swapped his hands with no issue. After a while horror stories started appearing here on toy about his fucking wrist peg snapping, I never touched it again since. I'm scared though I wanna swap one of this hands now for spoke photos and I'm scared that I might break the peg.
>>
>>7277504
The response I got from Mandarake lmao.
Hi

This item is unopened.

Sorry,
As explained in the explanation, rule,
There is no guarantee of unopened goods.

"Unopened (including items where it has been sealed with tape following an inspection by the manufacturer)
are not covered by warranty in the event that they are defective."

Rgrds,
nao
>>
>>7277638
Well, they're not wrong
>>
>>7277652
It's my own fault, worth a try though. I'll be better off with Bandai, and if that fails cannibalizing a joint.
>>
Can you buy a bootleg shf to steal a joint from?
>>
>>7277216
I feel you, op. I recently got my Luke and when I went to change his gloved hand out of the box the peg split and one half was stuck in his hand and the other half was still in his arm. Luckily I was able to heat the hand, pull the peg out and reassemble it. Both hand pegs are still frozen in the arm though.
>>
>>7277663
Bootleg figuarts joints are so brittle it wouldn't work, they snap with normal articulation.
>>
Is it the reissued one? I have the original and haven’t encountered this
>>
>>7279006
Does seem to be an issue that's only come up once it got reissued so I believe so.
>>
File: lukerobohand.jpg (282 KB, 1600x1600)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>7277216
You can buy one of these:
>ebay.com/itm/123116039747
>>
>>7279062
That thing looks so bad
>>
>>7277473

>That sucks, since you own multiple do any other have similar sized joints? I'd be willing to buy a cheaper Star Wars figure to swap.

That's the one downfall of SHF Star Wars figures, they don't come with extra joints. The only other person I have ever heard of having a issue like this is, Death Maul. Mine is fine but I did hear people talk about how his peg hasn't the best.

That being being said, ROTJ was a extremely wide spread problem. If the SW Gerneral thread ever comes back up (oddly it's been not set up again), you can hear all about it.

I think the problem is, the peg for the wrist is just so small and it felt gummy if that makes sense. I was lucky enough to pop it out twice, and honestly felt so nervous I never touched it again.

Don't buy another figure to fix it, IMO. It's just not worth it. ROTJ used to be my holy grail SHF, now he is just a big disappointment. There are much better figures in the line compared to him. He face is even meh. Weird how they can get every other character perfect but not the most "important" one.
>>
Anyone here knows if this is a common problem with the ANH Luke?
>>
>>7279062
Ultron is that you?
>>
>>7279270
Nope, it's only been common with the RotJ one
>>
>>7277216
Update, got into contact with Bluefin after Bandai passed the buck onto them.

This was the email.
>Thank you so much for your email. In order to complete your request, we will need pictures of your item, pictures of both the Bluefin sticker and UPC barcode number on the box your item came in, a picture of your purchase receipt/invoice, and your phone number and shipping address. Once we have received that information, we will then begin to process your request.

I think I fucked up since I don't know if this thing even routed through Bluefin when it came to America, and it sure as hell didn't since I got it from Mandarake.

I'm going to send them pictures, but I'm sure they'll turn me away, where do I even go from them?
>>
>>7279685
It's ironic since this is the version of Luke you'd most want to swap hands with.
>>
>>7279749
You are just gonna have to source a replacement wrist somewhere.
>>
>>7277216
Sorry to hear that, I think I remember someone from this board also had that problem and he/she was able to replace the broken wrist joint with a figma wrist joint. I might have remembered it wrong but do give it a try and let us know
>>
>>7280570
Gonna quote myself on this and was surprised that I was the one who suggested that anon to try a figma wrist joint years ago, kinda forgot about it till your topic came by so I did some search haha

https://yuki.la/toy/5503720
>>
>>7277655
Swap with Amazon. They hate us so we should hate them
>>
>>7280589

I had no idea amazon had figuarts. Thanks for the tip anon. Some of those aren not priced horribly

I’d like to grab the Superman but I don’t want the dc movie aesthetic.
>>
File: tenor.gif (615 KB, 220x240)
615 KB
615 KB GIF
>>7277216
>>almost no force

That is why you fail.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.