[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 64 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: squeal.png (1.82 MB, 1252x678)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
Previous thread: >>7251413

Spare no expense, brothers and sisters
>>
Getting my BD galli tomorrow. Opinions?

BD has really grown on me. The last raptor is pretty great as well. Colors are a lot better irl, much like the sucho.
>>
mattel pls bring the dino rivals attack packs to europe soon, thanks <3
>>
I hope we get more humans, Tim, Lex, Nedry, Hammond, Gennaro, Harding, Wu, Arnold, Sarah, Nick, Eddie, Roland, Dieter, Ludlow, etc.

And the damn Explorers
>>
>>7275549
I personally don't care for the humans, only buy the dinosaurs, but I am kind of puzzled why there are so little. They don't sell as well I guess? I mean, a dinosaur has universal appeal to any age, the humans are strictly for people who care or know about the movies.
>>
>>7275549
I would totally buy a nedry to repurpose as Newman.
>>
>>7275602
I honestly think everyone would buy Nedry in his proper proportions. Imagine a Dino Damage Nerdry with a wound on his stomach.
>>
super articulated JP raptors when?
>>
Can someone tell me the appeal of collectors of these cheap toys?

Before you start chimping out, hear me out.

I'm a HUGE JP fan. And HUGE dinosaur fan. I uses to have tones of JP figs. Battle damage and ones with sound chips, all that good shit.

I'm 29, I currently collect "statues" as you guys put it. Papo, Vitae, Rebor, I-Toy, etc.
Why? Because they look good. They are sculpted well. Pain is suburb (most times) they are quality. Alot of them strive to be scientifically accurate, some make pop culture versions just for JP fans.

But these mattel and hasbro figures are garbage. They aren't worth posing and setting up because they look like what they are. Cheap shitty toys. And if you actually play with toys over the age of like 15... well... yea.

Is this just a result of children who haven't grown up? I feel I'm missing something.
>>
>>7275992
>mmm excuuuuuse me, as a mature collector of mature collectibles, I struggle to comprehend your infantile fascination with these "toys" as you refer to them, perhaps one of you simpletons is articulate enough to justify your preferences to a mature collector of mature collectibles such as myself?
>>
>>7275992
Well for one we're not self-conscious about paying money for toys
>>
>>7275995
To he fair, you guys look at model collectors as cancerous assholes.

At least I'm trying to hear you out, because this IS up my ally. But not this specifically.
>>
>>7276002
>At least I'm trying to hear you out
Not really, you sound like you're just here to mock us. Your entire post is snide and condescending for no reason.
>>
>>7276008
Sorry if you feel that way.

I don't think calling cheap plastic cheap plastic should be something you take offense to. I'm just wondering if this is a case of collectors just collecting something, kids that never grew out of it or what.
>>
>>7276002
>To he fair, you guys look at model collectors as cancerous assholes.
Might be because you make posts like >>7275992
>>
>>7275992
>Can someone tell me the appeal of collectors of these cheap toys?
>>7276014
>kids that never grew out of it or what.
If you don't like them that's fine, but you've already decided you hate them and that anyone who likes them is a child, so I don't see what discussion there is to be had here.
>>
>>7276014
>I don't think calling cheap plastic cheap plastic should be something you take offense to
I'm not. We know they're cheap, hell if you'd ever spent any time in one of these threads we're pretty hard on him ourselves. The problem is that you come here with this bizarre hostile attitude and then seem confused that people are just rolling their eyes at you. You came here looking for a fight for some strange reason, like you actually wanted us to respond with "how dare you besmirch our beloved toys, they're actually high-quality, you just don't get it!" or some other retarded argument.
>>
>>7276019
How about I ask you why they appeal to you?
>>7276023
Same to you.

>>7276026
And get banned? Nah
>>
>>7276023
If you think that's hostile.... yikes.
>>
>>7276032
>How about I ask you why they appeal to you?
They just do. I don't know what else to tell you, dude. If they don't appeal to you, that's fine. I'm not going to try to sell you on them.
>>
>>7276023
He came here with a very civil post and you are the one behaving in a hostile manner. Maybe your immature attitude explains why you love cheap shitty toys.
>>
>>7276023
No, he asked a perfectly reasonable question, but manchild that you are you felt the need to belittle him. This is to be expected of someone who has yet to outgrow children's toys.
>>
>>7276034
They did appeal to me.
And *imo* higher quality models still appeal to me.

But there's people here, my age that still love the figures. And I don't anymore. And I'm actually trying to figure out why.

Are you all fat disgusting faggots. Or did I lose my inner child and love for collecting.
>>
>>7276023
Piss off, manchild. He asked a perfectly reasonable question and you decided to shit all over it with your immaturity.
>>
>>7276039
Your tastes changed. I'm not sure how we're supposed to explain why that happened.
>>
>>7276032
papo and rebor have articulation so it's ok, post them.

and to answer your initial question, I stopped collecting mattel jw figures too mostly because of their subpar production quality. sculpts are great and the fine details are there but paintjob is shit and they have cuts all over their bodies to replace hard plastic with rubber so they can sell the figures for little kids. that, the ugly battledamage gimmick and the wrong placement of neck joints killed the line for me.
>inb4 the usual jptoys crossboarders shitting on me
>>
File: Why live.jpg (36 KB, 461x500)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>7275394
>mfw funko shit and ko dinosaur crap are being sold in my country but no JW toys
>>
>>7276052
Good, they are cheap plastic toys for children. Do yourself a favor and never waste your money on them.
>>
File: bait.png (65 KB, 625x626)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>7276054
>shitting on JW toys in JW thread
>>
>>7275224
looks like they did more than that I'd say, the fixed the teeth (shorter, sharper, and more natural) make it looks a lot better.
so yes, I would probably buy it if it looked like this.
From the beginning I was never a fan of the design, only to be made worse by its oddball proportions, hanging teeth/inaccurate massive overbite open, and unappealing paint job.
Funny thing is, the best part of the sculpt that drew me at times even tempted me, in spite of my contempt for the sculpt, were the well done, scientifically accurate, proportionate arms. But my hopes or idea for what a JP/JW Allosaurus would or should look like were a lot different which is why I passed on it and I have no regrets on it in the regards. That said I honestly hope to see a better Allosaurus sculpt in the close future.
pic related is how it should look not what they gave us. Mattel can do better than this I know they can and I am counting on it.
>>
>>7275290
it seems like your settling for low standards as far as Allo.s go but taste is taste.

>>Just me being an accuracy nut.
what the appeal or the Mattel Allo. anyway is it the arms?
>>
>>7276054
>>7276049
>>7276041
>>7276039
>>7276037
>>7276035
I have 3 words for you Faggots GET THE FUCK OUT!

>>7276035
>>7276037
Gas lighting much?
He came here just like you not to fratinize and partake in friendly discourse but to do quite the opposite Nither you or him are welcome here since you are here to start trouble and derail the thread like a bunch of manipulative Psychopaths. You have one option, that is to leave NOW.
>>
File: New shit boi's!.jpg (48 KB, 960x720)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
YO! look over here!
>>
>>7276165
>AH A TASTY LITTLE MEAL FOR ME DON'T MIND IF I DO
>sigh just get it over with
>>
>>7276037
>>7276041
>>7276037
>>7276035
Samefagging so hard lmao

Anyway, to answer the question: these plastic toys possess a certain charm. It's part nostalgia, yes. They are nice and chunky, follow and certain aesthetic and stick by that. You can pose them properly, create battle scenes as such, etc. Lots of people collecting are fans of the movies so that's a thing. Statues are boring as fuck. I'd feel more embarrassed to have a room full of 'serious' dinosaur statues on which I literally spent thousands of bux than a bunch of plastic toys that I just like to fiddle around with an relive some nostalgia, trigger the inner child that never fully got away.

I don't know what you lost. I guess your innocence and creativity.
>>
>>7276165
I was really enthusiastic for yellowgator initially, but it's colors look so different in every photo I feel like I won't even know what to think until I see one in person. Basically I'm hoping either that the yellow ends up being more subtle like the second BD raptor, or just goes in the opposite direction entirely and ends up as a fucking Electric Yellow Sucho.

Suchomimus is such a cool figure it'd have to be a really lame yellow for me to not want a second one, though.
>>
>>7276107
Weren't there some leaks/rumors that a different Allosaurus was in the works? I'm holding out hope that it's them wanting to do an adult version or something, and indirectly making people happy by doing something different with the sculpt.
>>
>>7275992
Honestly ? I like their sculpts, the variety of the line and reminds me a lot of TLW days when I was a child. They're also cheap and way better than the terrible Hasbro line

But now, I'm only waiting for a proper Indominus
>>
Everybody on here squealing like a bunch of bitches on here. I'd rather give a sweaty hug to Nedry than have you boring faggots around me. Can't calm down because there no "leaks"
>>
>>7277230
Dude some Troll came prancing through here and pissed off the local wildlife that why the thread is in a tizzy. Just giving you some context before you start Judging people.
>>
That dino discourse
>>
>>7277230
There's plenty of decent banter.
>>
>>7276580
Different anon, but I heard nothing about this before now. I’ve been debating whether to kitbash a TnT or EC Rex into an Allosaurus. If we got an EC Allo I would be perfectly happy to get that.
>>
Pro tip! Walmart rolled back the copter set, slime sets and many others. If you bought any online at full price hit up live chat support for a price adjustment. I got $40.02 back this morning on an order from September 15th!
>>
>>7277239
I'm sorry I just want us all to get along and enjoy Jurassic together.
>>
>>7277415
I'm not in the US, but thanks!
>>
>>7275992
First what are you doing on this board? Second we are called "collectors" just because we don't collect statues and $500 crap you can't articulate doesn't mean we are supporting something inferior. It's obviously something you don't understand and that why you're asking. Jurassic park change the world with special effects. With this toy line people are able to collect for fun an affordable line that is reminiscent and nostalgia of Kenner. We aren't looking for perfect. That's the point of what we collect. Next you'll be complaining about matchbox accuracy..Jurassic Park revolutionized all movies and there is nothing like a dinosaur compared any fake sci if or fantasy.
>>
>>7275992
Hey faggot you collect over the age of 15... what's the fucking difference? God you're boring you'd be the guy complaining about every sculpt we get rather than remembering what this line is. Glad you're not in our club. And yeah post your collection if you think what you have is superior. I'll put up my pics of the jp toys and it will still be better than your BS.
>>
Hey anons we all have to get on the phones and call up Mattel for the legacy dilo and JP3 raptor I'm calling tomorrow to start bugging them.
>>
>>7276580
They should do the version from evolution- it looks beautiful.
>>
RIP
>>
>tfw Australia never got ANY of the fucking legacy collection line

is it worth paying american scalpers from amazon, or are these still regularly found at Target? I'm trying to get Muldoon, Alan Grant, Ellie Sattler, etc
>>
So we're pretty much never getting that Legacy Dilo or JP3 raptor, are we?
>>
Does the Spinosaurus get restocked on the Target website at random or is it between a certain time period?
>>
>>7277436
>>7277460
Let me guess, you'll think the thing you like better is better.
And I will do the same.

What a fucking challenge.

There's merits to anything collectible. But your stuff comes off as cheap crap. And mine comes off as expensive and unposable.

I know, simply based on that which one is better. If you asked anyone on the street the they would also agree.

Being THIS defensive kinda gives me my answer desu. And I'm happy to not be one of you 40 year old single kissless faggots crying because a spinosaurus didn't get released. Fucking embarassing.

At least when I have a woman come over I can easily explain my statues with "I'm a dinosaur fan" or "I'm studying paleontology"
Wtf are you gonna say? Haha
>>
File: 1380943818910.jpg (477 KB, 1195x1600)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
>>7277690
>At least when I have a woman come over
>>
>>7277690
Oh hey you're still here
So "y-you guys are kissless virgins!" is the best you could do 24 hours later? Kind of a letdown.
>>
>>7277690
You're the douchbag on here and none of us care. There's no way you have a good looking woman in your life with your personality. A bunch of the biggest collectors of these are girls. You're a D bag and nobody even cares about this argument.
>>
>>7277690
Look at this fag lmao

Here's a tip. Women don't give a shit about your hobbies if ur attractive to them.

My Jurassic park dinos came off as 'cute' to her and she bought me the triceratops roaravore as a gift. Alrdy had it but probably gonna convert it into a styracosaurus.

Anyway the point is if u think ur fancy schleich dinosaurs are gonna get you laid, you're retarded
>>
Walmarts are getting dino rival figures in now.

2 dracorex, 2 raptor delta, 1 blue hornless triceratop like dino, and 1 green bird per case.
>>
>>7277883
Oh goodie, more cheap shitty toys for us grown men to play with as if we were children, then we can have nap time and watch cartoons.
>>
>>7277886
Oh itty bitty babby need a nap?
>>
>>>7277822 Women don't give a shit about your hobbies if ur attractive to them initially.
Fixed that for you.

Good looks only gets your foot in the door and probably some freebies for the first few dates.
An actual relationship will eventually lead to them trying to mold you. Depending on the girl, they may want to make you stop your hobbies.
Every girl is different, so who knows what your actual experience will be like.

I've resisted a few and others kinda ignored it, and like 2 got into it with me.
>>
>>7277690
“I like dinosaurs?” I don’t know why you have to be so snobby and judgy. Leave people alone.
>Oh ho ho, you feeble minded pedestrians collect poor people dinosaur toys. I only collect REAL dinosaur toys. My waifu told me yesterday how much she admires my paleontoligacal studies (spending hundreds of dollars on things that will sit on a shelf).
>>
>>7277992
Realized I spelled ‘paleontological’ wrong. Gonna call that out before
>Y-you made a spelling mistake! That means you’re wrong and I’m right!
>>
>>7277822
The fact that he brought up women and relationships and regarding these figures shows how lonely this dude is.
>>
>>7277690
Anon, if she's gonna judge me for some plastic dinosaurs hanging around, there's no way it'd ever go anywhere anyway. And the sort of bitch who would, I have a hard time believing your statues would really come off any better with her regardless of what you say.
>>
>>7278046
Statues would make you look way worse. WAY more $ than what we are spending.
>>
>>7277886
Gotta take my Flinstones vitamins
>>
>>7277883
I'm pretty eager to see in-hand photos of Delta, I'm hoping her actual paint ends up looking better than the promo photos. Goodness knows the brown/yellow BD raptor was a difference between night and day from it's promo shot.
>>
>>7278267
Personally I found the new rivals Delta looks like the best raptor so far
>>
>>7277690
You are wrong though, it is tenfold more embarrassing to collect expensive as fuck dinosaur statues than bunch of plastic toys that can be passed off as a cute nostalgia thing, you absolute sperg.
>>
>>7277989
Spoken like a true aspie.
>>
File: gggggfsfsf.jpg (63 KB, 960x720)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>7278267
>>
>>7278376
Which one does she look more like here? Hmm........
>>
>>7278376
Yeah, that looks like Charlie not Delta
>>
>>7277989
>An actual relationship will eventually lead to them trying to mold you.
Solution: pick a better person. You probably won't, seeing as you're neurotic and shallow enough to justify your toy interests from a dating perspective.
>>7278026
This.
>>
File: DrqzbKVUwAAIAFm.jpg_large.jpg (284 KB, 2048x1664)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>
File: 40426757220_7bd4bcc7ce_k.jpg (234 KB, 2048x1152)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>7278443
So................. are we getting any Dilo.s in the Dino Rivals line?
>>
>>7278445
Still waiting on the Legacy dilophosaurus, so who knows..

I would like to see a red dilopho kinda like the Attack Pack herrera to make it look well scary and evil.
>>
>>7277510
NO! BAD DIMO. DON'T EAT THE MICROCEATUS!
>>
File: loose.jpg (53 KB, 687x800)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>7278456
>>
>>7278456
that would be awesome I want to see more of the Dilo. as far as repaints and rereleases for sure.
>>
File: FMM50_05.jpg (81 KB, 764x764)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
So is this worth getting, like would you guys recommend this set or no?
>>
>>7278508
No. But then again, I don't care for the human figures. I don't see any appeal here.
>>
>>7278471
YES THIS BUT WITH THE CURRENT MOULD PLS
>>
>>7278508
I like it fun to roll around and watch the dogs chase it.
>>
>>7278537
as far as a collectors piece, how does it stand?
>>
>>7278537
if you can't find Claire as a single pack it works as a substitute as for the ball.. it's nice if you're into the human figures and want a fun vehicle.
>>
>>7278551
Not that great, The other half of the dome is sculpted to look severely cracked so it can't be seen as a regular, functional Gyrosphere unless you roll that side out of view.
>>
File: loose_1.jpg (60 KB, 500x400)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>7278515
I'd take a bunch of old pre-Jurassic World Hasbro paint jobs with the new molds.
>>
>>7277642
They are still on the way, may have new style packaging.
>>
>>7278508
Yes! Most accurate Claire and most in scale gyro.
>>
>>7277695
>>7277774
>>7277822
>>7277992
>>7278046
>>7278374

How to trigger manchildren in one easy step:

Insult their toys.
>>
>>7278438
More like Echo. Charlie is green
>>
>>7278508

What People aren't Mentioning is That The Proportions of The Story Pack Gyrosphere are Much More Accurate than The RC Version.

Also The Simulated 'Cracked' Side Serves as a 'Stand' When you Place it Over a Flat Surface.
>>
>>7278508
>>7278923
Also What I Forgot to Mention is It's The Version of Claire That's Much more Prominent in the Film-

She only wore The other Jacket in One Scene.
>>
>>7278923
>>7278927
Stop doing that shit with the capital letters.
>>
>>7278905
Most of those seem to be laughing at you dude
>>
>>7278936
It's My Phone, It's Messed Up
>>
>>7278938
I have the solution: smash the phone with a hammer, this will solve it
>>
>>7278939
How about you be polite to the Guy.
Honestly
>>
>>7278941
How about you accept that your shitty little toys will never get you laid?
>>
>>7278941
>Guy

You missed one. nice try
>>
>>7278951
Actually that was autocorrect

... so nice try to you good sir.
>>
>>7278941
How about you accept they aren’t for getting laid you fucking freak idiot. It’s a nostalgia thing and very affordable. Why is this all related to sex to you. You fucked up in the head or something? Someone so fixated with “getting laid” either doesn’t do it or watches too much porn. Makes sense with your cancer you’re bringing to this board.
>>
I found all 4 Dino rivals attack packs at Walmart tonight. I like Dracorex a lot more then I thought I would.

Does anyone have any idea when that pleaseasaur is coming too?
>>
>>7278960
Think you meant the other anon

-But assuming you meant the other dude; I wholeheartedly agree with you.
>>
>>7278962
Not sure. It hasn't been listed in stock online yet correct?

Curious what the other coloration will be.
>>
Stop giving these fucks (you)s, you fucks. This thread is easily the worst one in a while because of it.
>>
>>7278905
You were the one mad though??
>>
>>7278964
Absolutely meant the other dude. It’s ok. We all stick together. A shithead makes it into the group every once in a while. Can’t let people just be happy doing their thing without chirping up like a little bird
>>
If we make a new thread earlier we should maybe dedicate it to sharing pics of what we all have and we can discuss leaks as well.
>>
>>7277690
>don’t need a waifu if i’m gay
>>
>>7275992
I personally don't care for statues. I love good sculpts but if it's not articulated, I just don't care about acquiring them. I collect mostly Kamen Rider stuff because I grew up in Asia, so SIC, SHF and the likes. I have a few Movie Maniacs and NECA toys.

I've just always wanted a good sized, articulated JP toys. The sculpt on these are pretty good for their pricepoint, minus the oversized feet, which is to make up for the lack of advanced articulation, so it can still stand up on its own. It's really a line for people who like the Jurassic Park dinosaurs and for the price point, it's actually a surprisingly really good line. I think you can be objective still and admit the sculpts are actually really good (minus the feet).
>>
>>7277690
never mind just saw this post... what is wrong with people..? there are fun dinosaur toys.
>>
>>7277690
>>needs Wamen for validation of his interests = Absolute Beta Cuck.

In this day and age I'll take Ramen over Wamen. Enjoy your Cucked life.
>>
picked up the Dino DNA book. haven' read it yet figured I'd do that with my Nieces..

The figures are so freaking cute though. I don't know if I prefer the blue but the triceratops is the best thing ever.
>>
>>7279380
Pics?
>>
File: WWDGorgon006.jpg (52 KB, 1000x386)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>7279245
This!
I honestly could not care less about statues they literal don't do anything. I'll take articulation over statues any day. The more articulation the better its my one nitpick for this line is that there is not nearly enough articulation were it should be with the exception of the Indorator and the EC Rex all the others could use more ball joints and at least some simple knee articulation, as well as better neck articulation. It seems like some of the figures have nice ball joints in the neck or arms, like the BD figures but most everything else seems to sacrifice it for an action feature unfortunately.
In my opinion the WWD 3D Ultimate Gorgon by Vivid is the best large scale articulated theropod thats been made. It is both proportionate, poseable, and very detailed, I wish Mattel had taken a que from what vivid did in there design of the line more articulation over action features. That's just my opinion on the line that's all.
>>
File: WWDGorgon008.jpg (51 KB, 1000x456)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>7279414
I love how it scales with the Kenner line
>>
File: WWDGorgon005.jpg (43 KB, 1000x491)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>7279417
15 points of articulation.
>>
File: 20181208_105339.jpg (2.13 MB, 4032x1960)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB JPG
>>7279382
Sorry for potato quality. But yeah blue is cute but i like the creepy cuteness of the mattel release a little more.
>>
File: WWDGorgon009.jpg (69 KB, 1000x585)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>7279422
Perfectly in scale with 1:18 scale figures.

>>who's a good boy, who's a good boy?.
>>
File: 20181208_105444.jpg (2.06 MB, 4032x1960)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
>>7279425
The baby triceratops is amazingly cute and smaller than the mattel release as well.
>>
File: 20181208_105610.jpg (2.19 MB, 4032x1960)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
>>7279429
And the scale is great too fits woth 1/18th guys perfect.

Over all get it for the toys and share the book with younger family.
>>
>>7279422
Pretty cool but the legs look a little awkward desu.
>>
>>7279429
>>actually looks like a baby triceratops.

>>7279425
>>no sickle claws or yellow eye.
yeah the Mattel one looks better in this case.
>>
>>7279434
Oh sweet, now that's a proper baby. Thanks!
>>
>>7279437
the way it stands, or do they look too small/skinny?
>>
File: WWDGorgon013.jpg (51 KB, 734x1000)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>7279437
oh and thanks Its pretty cool doesn't seem to common in the market especially these days.
>>
>>7279444
Both, but I guess I can live with the skinnier legs when I assume the T Rex a bird.
>>
>>7279447
I was checking it out, it's quite rare indeed. Good to own one, would definitely like one myself as scale is perfect!
>>
>>7279449
to my knowledge Albertasaurians had pretty thin, long legs like Cheetahs do for high speed chases.
>>
File: hey there.jpg (215 KB, 1500x1125)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>7279450
IKR its beautiful and there is also a smaller one with the same amount of articulation
>>
>>7279454
Yeah, exactly, you are right, I am too influenced by inaccurate depictions and movies. Upon second look it looks pretty fine.
>>
>>7279439
>>7279438
I like the colors on new blue a little more but yeah over all mattel Blue is "better"

That Trike is the cutest thing ever and i hope we get more baby babies down the line.
>>
>>7278376
Okay, I'm not sure that actually looks like Delta in particular, but the paint is still a better shade than I would have thought, so at least it looks like a good raptor that isn't ugly.
>>
>>7279466
I feel the same. To be honest I don't care if it's Delta of Charlie or Billie or Johnny, it's a cool looking raptor for the squad.
>>
>>7279470
Basically I'm just really happy whenever another good raptor repaint comes out.
>>
>>7279474
Same, don’t care about the squad as much as good repaints. Here’s to hoping we get a dark dilo or dark raptor similar to the first movie. They can go dark and plain if it’s movie accurate. dark green/black/brown
>>
Does anyone know if the BD Gallimimus can stand up on it's own or not?
>>
File: FigReviewWWDGorgon.jpg (33 KB, 633x267)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>7279458
>>7279450
If you ever come across it for a reasonable price, don't hesitate to snag it its an amazing figure and more than worth it. In my opinion its on of the best dinosaur action figures to date in so many ways.
>>
File: KBExclusives.png (2.3 MB, 1518x792)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB PNG
What do you all like in a paint job? Do you like muted colors or vibrant colors? Do you like something that looks complex or do you like something that looks a little more simple?
For me, I think what Hasbro did with their repaint lines in the mid 2000s was quite alright. They weren't the most impressive repaints in the world given how some of them were simple pallete swaps of the JP3 stuff, but...well, that's it. I guess it's just my childhood nostalgia over them.
>>
>>7280023
I like muted colors with a splash of vibrant color, stuff along the lines of Walking with Dinosaurs 1999. As far as complexity goes, as long as it passes for a real animal and not a Digimon it's fine.
>>
>>7279945
It does pretty well.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (102 KB, 979x558)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>7280023
I just want something interesting, but not TOO interesting, I prefer the middle route of those categories, and all the better if they can combine some less-traditional dinosaur colors like reds and blues with some interesting but still-natural patterns, like some modern reptiles have, or even things like tigers obviously.

I'm not huge on dinosaurs that are only one color(especially if they don't even have a lightened underside), unless they're really on-the-mark or super iconic somehow. And if the colors are boring enough for their species, sometimes even two colors and some patterning can't save it. Meanwhile, in some more extreme cases like some of the more jarring Chaos Effects(although I like some of them!), or all that art that started coming out post-00 of dinosaurs that were so colorful and striped that they'd give tropical fish a run for their money, and just look like crazy art projects, I'm not a huge fan.

I think you're right that some of those Hasbro repaints were pretty great, just I feel like some of the actual patterns could have been done a bit better or more naturally. Meanwhile in the current line, some of my favorite paints have been like the Sucho, the red Herrerasaur, destructasaur raptor, the purple BD ceratops that's coming out, and actually I'm a huge fan of the Indoraptor's stylish black and gold snake coloration and stripe.

Actually as a blanket statement I feel like snakes need to be the inspiration for more dinosaur colors and patterns in general.
>>
>>7280023
I dig realistic colors and paint jobs but then I remember all the different birds and lizards that have super bright even psychedelic colors so those are nice to have as well.

basically have one version be super serious and then another in full peacock mode.
>>
>>7279945
Yep. It's pretty well balanced.

I am still frustrated with my AP galli. Can't stand up AT ALL and I don't even know how to fix its legs to make it stand. The balance is all over the place.
>>
Why you banned on Fb, Jurassic Dad?
>>
File: 0001.jpg (42 KB, 720x339)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>
Just picked up two Dino Rivals figures, Dracorex and Protoceratops. Really dig the Protocetatops’ Chaos Effect Raptor Alpha colors. These two just seem to have a lot more (or at least better use of) paint than the earlier attack packs.
>>
>>7280521
Some Jurassic-size One Big Pile Of Shit Whiny Little Bitchfag Got Teh Butthurtz over him selling off a few pieces and accused him of "scalping."

Dilo coming in the Savage Strike assortment later in the year--diss Pugh all you like, but he has done some useful work data-mining the UPC's.
>>
>>7280575
lolz, shitty. What was he selling?
>>
>>7280575
Who's Pugh
>>
>>7280530
It's funny because I only picked up the first Protoceratops on a whim but then fell in love with it, but now this thing comes out and makes me wish I had waited to get the one with radder colors.
>>
>>7280610
Get both and have a cosy little protoceratops family. I love the proto a lot as well. It's quite adorable.
>>
>>7280527
Looks pretty nice. Mattel stock photos really don’t do their figures justice.
>>
>>7280643
I love it. Nice big body, plenty of articulation. good colors and details. Can't wait.
>>
>>7280577
He didn't say, I didn't ask.

>>7280581
Jurassic Outpost guy.
>>
>>7279998
Its not listed on Mattel or Target sites, is it a recent release?
>>
>>7280702
It's super old bro, from the Walking With Dinosaurs line
>>
>>7275992
If it's not articulated then it's value is zero.
>>
>>7280702
EBay and Craigslist/Facebook is where you need to look.
>>
>>7280714
>>7280814
Thanks my bros. Wish the mattel line had more articulated figures like the indoraptor or this allosaurus.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (123 KB, 862x736)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>7280881
this is a gorgosaurus. Dont mean to be a technofag
>>
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G8KZY6D/ref=twister_B07G8LFXX4?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

thats the difference between these two carnotaurs? What's the limited edition?
>>
>>7280881
>>7280702
Your welcome Good Bro.

Um, it was actually made by a toy company in the UK that got the licence for the toy line Walking with Dinosaurs 3D (not to be confused with The BBC's Walking With Dinosaurs series from the 90's by Tim Hanes).

If you want to buy it ists here on E bay for a great price of $35.71. I suggest snagging it now if you want it one cause its the only one on E-Bay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BBC-Walking-with-Dinosaurs-Large-45cm-Gorgon-T-Rex-Action-Figure-with-Sound/113407300060?hash=item1a679a11dc:g:zMEAAOSwD2tb~pjd:rk:6:pf:0
>>
Merry Christmas! Lolz
>>
>>7280906
>https://www.ebay.com/itm/BBC-Walking-with-Dinosaurs-Large-45cm-Gorgon-T-Rex-Action-Figure-with-Sound/113407300060?hash=item1a679a11dc:g:zMEAAOSwD2tb~pjd:rk:6:pf:0

thank you gentleman
>>
File: Dsc3uynV4AIsFt_.jpg (181 KB, 1200x882)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>7280883
Finally they will both get recognition as separate species, in toy form.
>>
>>7280917
Herrerasaurus I think you've had enough eggnog
>>
File: dinosaurs_11.jpg (230 KB, 950x572)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>>7280923
do it man, you will not regret it. Trust me on that.
>>
>>7281002
Eh, it's constant sad expression is too stupid for me.
>>
>>7281009
you the anon that wants to buy it or another?
>>
File: plesiosaurus.jpg (48 KB, 1080x1080)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Hey look there is more toy fan art for the 2019 Dino Rivals figures.
>>
File: Celoursaurus.jpg (52 KB, 1080x1080)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>7281042
>>Tasty rats.
>>
>>7280527
Oof, that's a great-looking toy right there. When's this supposed to hit again? Same time as Albertosaurus?

(...which is when again?)
>>
File: 1541497222195.jpg (108 KB, 1000x1000)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>7281056
According to Entertainment Earth "February of 2019".

Wonder how these are going to work in terms of waves is the wave 1 of Dino Rivals winter and wave 2 Spring or are we getting Springs Wave 1 early and have to wait till summer for wave 2 of Dino Rivals?
>>
Found the new Dino rivals attack packs at both target & Walmart today!
>>
>>7281066
>>7281056
But it also lists Owen and the ATV, Savage Strike Assortment, and the Suchomimus for the Same said date as well. so who knows, maybe we will see them in the next few weeks in stores or something. That would b pretty awesome wouldn't it ?
>>
>>7281084
what are your thoughts on this Dad
>>7281090

nice Haul btw looks cool.
>>
>>7281056
>>7281084
Item assorment Number for the wave one Dual Attack case is MTGDT38A
Not sure how you guys use it but hope you can ......
>>uh find a way.
>>
>>7281092
I love em! Much better for the value price attack pack line. Rhamp is tiny and light so semi cheap tho. Love dracorex and raptor most.
>>
>>7280527
Dude, were is this and who has this figure?
>>
>>7275992

I like the bright colors, reminds me of a 90s playmates line.

Plus, I can play with them with my kids. Can't do that with the fifty dollar statues.
>>
>>7281145
And THIS is what some people don't understand: that these toys are a chance to recapture a part of our childhood, and preserve it to share with our children.

Pretty safe bet nobody with statues wants to let anklebiters anywhere near 'em... probably most don't even want to HAVE 'em.
>>
>>7281151
B-but if I bring a girl over and show her my dinosaur statues and tell her I'm a paleontologist, she's guaranteed to become my one true waifu forever!
>>
>>7281084
Phuck, that new Raptor is glorious. Might get her as the Clever Girl for my JP1 display.
>>
Honestly the whole statue vs JW toys thing is an apples and oranges thing. (Or in this case, burgers and filet mignon)
>>
>>7281084
I don't know if this actually helps anyone, but my Walmart was basically barren except for two Deltas, two Dracorexs, one Rhampo, and one Protoceratops, so I have a feeling that's roughly what their box ratio is.

I only grabbed a Dracorex, but it's really great for an AP figure! It's pretty well-balanced and looks good at various levels of hip pivot, and it has a hinge joint both at the bottom of it's neck and a hinge + swivel at the base of it's head, so it actually has a lot of stances and poses it can make.

My only complaint is that the skull swivel is at an odd angle so when looking left and right it looks a bit more like it's cocking it's head curiously, but maybe that just fits this dino being expressive, and toeing the line between looking cute and badass.
>>
>>7280898
Nothing. It's nonsense.
>>
>>7280917
lol, love the herrera. looks like a good guy to hang with
>>
>>7281439
Can confirm, I bought a sealed factory case from Entertainment Earth along with a Bite n Fight.
>>
>>7280898
>>7281596
Not true; the TOTY edition has all the DLC and bonus features for a significantly lower price than it all would have cost for the original.
>>
>>7281841
It also comes with a nylon bag
>>
>>7281399
Yeah and statues are McDonalds burgers that nobody buys anymore
>>
>>7281946
Lol shouldnt statues be the “filet mignon” since theyre pricier? I think a better comparison would be that statues are like fabrege eggs. This thread is turning into poetry corner...
>>
>>7281598
“Lets watch te game over some flinstones ribs and bronze age brew”
>>
Meme this for please it must be done.
>>
>>7282095
Sorry friend, there's nothing to work with here.
>>
>>7282100
but but..............how can you say that there is plenty, Please anon with a Spino on top?
>>
>>7282104
Come on Anon, at least PRETEND to not be underage.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (577 KB, 1200x1600)
577 KB
577 KB JPG
Any of you have this figure? How is the poseability?
>>
>>7282130
sorry
>>
>>7282145
What figure is that?
>>
>>7282145
I have the Giganotosaurus of that Resaurus dinos, but basically can’t stand properly without the support it comes with and the feet make posing the legs awkward due to their stances. The hips and arms are swivel, the head and neck hinge-articulated, knees, ankles and jaw hinged, and the tail is bendy wire in rubber. It was a great articulated figure of the early 00’s, but modern engineering has vastly improved since then.
>>
>>
>>7282250
This does remind me that everyone always talks about wanting articulated knees and such for the JP line, but I think people forget that leg articulation for reverse-jointed dinosaurs is a weird slippery slope. Basically with how the legs are shaped and work, some of these I'm looking at and feeling like knee articulation won't even do much for their actual poseability in effect(especially if you want them to still be able to stand unassisted) unless their also have ankle or toe articulation as well.

The more joints you try to work with on some of these dinos, the more engineering and money you have to put in to get actual benefit out of it and also make it able to still stand properly(and some of the APs and Roarivores can't even stand on their own with just hip swivel!), so I feel like it's just never going to be worth it on cheaper dino figures, until you get into the cost/style of stuff like the Indoraptor or that 6" Blue coming out at some point.

Basically I feel like if they just slapped more joints on the legs of some of the existing lines, it'd just make them cost more and also make them into floppy messes.
>>
The bandage to my TLW baby T. rex has it's peg broke off so it won't attach like pic related, do you guys think the bandage is worth anything now that it's broken or should I pitch it?
>>
>>7282606
Use bubble gum.
>>
>>7282606
Use blue tack
>>
Those Toys are definitive a lot better than the crap hasbro did a few years ago when the first JW movie came out, but to me they are still toys.

i recently went shopping and found the giant mosasaur, the dilo and the galli and i insepected them but didnt buy them; i dont like the plastic, the colours and the hilarious oversized feet.

i still have many of my old kenner-toys from the first and second movie, and if you put nostalgia aside even those are highly overrated.

As a fan of this movie franchise im now stuck to Papo.
Almost all of their dinosaurs are very, very detailed and look great (there are exceptions, like the Amargasaurus and the marine reptiles we got so far, they are terrible, still hope for a JW-esque Mosasaur) and almost look like 1:1 copies of their jurassic-film incarnations; im still surprised they didnt get sued yet by universal.

They have no articulation except the jaw (most Theropods) but are in very naturalistic poses. They are excellent for Dioramas.
>>
>>7282642
>Those Toys.... but (to me) they are still toys.
What did you expected?!

> im now stuck to Papo
>They have no articulation except the jaw (most Theropods) but are in very naturalistic poses.
t.statueshit
>>
>>7282625
i see what you did there
>>
>>7282667
To be fair most of the line is incredibly "ohmygod" levels of articulation
>>
>>7282066
lmao but seriously this
>>
>>7281845
I want a canvas one.
>>
that fuckin' feel when you order a Spino from an eBay seller in your town and USPS finds a way to fuck up the tracking and delay the delivery by three business days
>>
>>7282902
Three days. Gimme a break. I waited three months on a package when USPS fucked up.
>>
>>7282902
>>7282944
I understand your frustration though. But don't worry. That spino is worth the wait.
>>
File: IMG_20181211_151957.jpg (3.54 MB, 3024x4032)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB JPG
Found an arguably nifty error, not sure if it's been spotted before. Horns glued on backwards giving it a unique look.
>>
>>7282250
Mattel needs to make us a Giga. or Carcara. at some some point, they seriously need to make a consideration at least.
>>
>>728296
Ha! Seen it before, it sure is hilarious. Factory workers have no idea what they're doing sometimes. It doesn't even look THAT bad.
>>
>>7282969
Radical
>>
>>7282969
>Ha! Seen it before, it sure is hilarious. Factory workers have no idea what they're doing sometimes. It doesn't even look THAT bad.
>>
>>7282095
Tfw the original poster of the image is underage and needs to leave
>>
>>7283144
>they seriously need to make a consideration at least.

and you know they haven't considered it how? Forgive me for sounding a little antagonizing but its quite likely its come up and they decided against it, at least until they get other stuff out first
>>
File: IMG_8873.jpg (40 KB, 685x594)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Much prefer this to yellowbelly we got
>>
>>7283306
Let's see the other mini Dinos!
>>
File: 1920px-Neovenator.png (840 KB, 1920x1152)
840 KB
840 KB PNG
>>7283255
Would not have a problem if they did finally do it the need to show more diversity of species, especially theropods like other large theropods that are not the Overrated T-Rex.
>>
>>7283255
your fine, it seems like the the Rex is always in the spot light and the only theropod figures they are willing to make are all a lot smaller than Rexy and they only begrudgingly (guessing there), made the Spino and made sure to make sure it was still smaller than the TnT Rex. which is probably what will be done with the Indominus Rex I'm guessing.
I just wish they would give the Large Theropods the Respect they Deserve thats all.

>>Based Acrocanthosaurus.
>>
I just got dracorex today and its legs are bowed outward somewhat. Are the legs easy to fix with heat even though they're very thick?
>>
>>7283306
>>7280527

I like the classic one we got in DA but I too was looking forward to these colors in the mini. I hope they repaint it and use these colors for a battle damage one.
>>
>>7283807
>>7283306
This is just an edit by Chris Pugh, but if we got this for the BD line I would buy it in an instant
>>
>>7283432
I’ll take some sauropods over another theropod. We have Albertosaurus and Concavenator. I want apatosaurus and diplodocus in addition to brachy and the others we may get.
>>
>>7281118
No idea. Probably a Mattel rep.
>>
>>7282902
four days going on five. again: same bloody city. priority mail.

I can only assume three straight days of "in transit to the destination" means it was left on a counter somewhere. I'm beginning to question if this mythical toy even exists at all.
>>
Just called a Nordstrom rack in Princeton NJ. Sucho and Stego have started to appear. Possibly Concavenator.
>>
>>7284443
Nordstrom rack has Jurassic toys? I mean I've seen the rex skeleton on their website but I thought that was about it.
>>
was looking at the amazon listing for the carno and there's an option for a 'limited edition', is this real or just some cuckery by the marketplace seller?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G8KZY6D/ref=twister_B07G8LFXX4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
>>
>>7283853
Well they made the renders do that for the pachy
I always wondered why all of the herbivores on the JW site had brown and minty green
>>
File: para.jpg (70 KB, 599x246)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>7283306
>>7283853
move aside suckers, best paint scheme coming through

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.