[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 122 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: Toa Metru.jpg (160 KB, 709x512)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
The thread is slow but the last one reached bump limit after 44 fuckin' days.
Post bionicles, MOCs, concept art, lore discussion, nostalgia bait, anything and everything.
Where the fuck else are you gonna go?
Thread Question:
>from the Rahi/Dark Hunters/other MOC contest books, which models were actually good?
>>
>>7209015
>>7209015
Old thread
>>
FUCK OFFFF.
>>
>>7271258
I liked Tahtorak and Ancient, which won their respective contests. It was neat that characters like Darkness were cool enough to be incorporated into the dark hunter lore. But the real cringe shit are the paragraphs some 4th graders wrote about their figures. Real donut steel stuff, like “my character was a former toa who beat five makuta in a fight but got fused with a rakshii. Now he doesn’t speak but he’s stronger than the shadowed one x5”
>>
>>7271268
Wasn't there one who could copy physical abilities just by watching for a bit? Pretty fucking cool power, but the whole article was the Shadowed One wanking him off punctuated with "and I keep his girl in the basement so he never finds her and keeps working for me."
Actually, that last bit is kind of a neat idea.
>>
>>7271268
I wonder what percentage of that book was kids submitting their edgelord shit and Greg embellishing the kids' ideas with his own edgelord shit. I'd be tempted to write the whole thing off as just kids being kids, but then you have stuff like Greg's serials and OCs which likewise feel like they were thought up by some edgy teen.
>>
>>7271327
I'm willing to bet it was about half and half.
>>7271268
Tahtorak was pretty fuckin' great, really. My first kaiju before I knew what kaiju were. Good times.
>>
File: IMG_9824.jpg (1.49 MB, 4032x3024)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
Oh neat, I was going to make a thread for MOCs only, you saved me the trouble. I've been experimenting with making weapons out of technic stuff. This is supposed to be a SMG if you couldn't tell.
>>
>>7271477
needs a stock
>>
>>7271493
Ah, that's what it was missing. When I first built it I wasn't why it looked funny. I'll see what I can do.
>>
Greg is a hax
Bionicle post 2001 is mediocre at best
I spent a little fortune in samefag toys with diferent masks and colors
Greg is a fucking hax
>>
>>7271477
Not a bad idea desu. Liking what you've done with the Hero Factory helmets. It's odd...HF came in the shadow of Bionicle which it suffered for but it introduced some real nice parts.
>>
>>7272258
>post 2001
So... you only like the rahi and the toa mata?

I’ll keep it real with you, the people in this thread who bought six identical characters over and over are the same people who buy different variations of Star Wars troopers, or repairs of different spider-men. It’s a collectors mindset
>>
honestly the worst thing that happened for bionicle is greg taking over a major aspect of the creative direction of the series. he doesn't understand subtlety & usually equates battles down what the plot demands. there is really no need for dozens of pages on character perspective & otherworld journeys, nor is there a need for a scientific explanation for the reason every single organism inside of the MU is able to blink their eyes.
i don't give a fuck about the league of shadows because they don't ever do anything in the immediate plot. i don't give a fuck about helryx & the illuminati because they only appear after the fact. makuta was reduced to cartoon villain. notsatan is a joke at best, for appearing threatening at first but then fucking off & dying whenever later. the piraka have difficult to remember names & the personality of the honeycomb mascot. the idea of additional makuta is rendered utterly pointless by the predetermined plot the gods making teridax the special makuta & the others just jokes at best.

his focus on what is cool & why, is not a bad one for a children's' toyline and he has made some good decisions overall (like supposedly forcing lego to keep the original toa around). but that direction lacks any of the substance really found in the earlier stories. the "why" behind bionicle just becomes increasingly frustrating outside of the animations, movies, games, & "non canon" material.
[spoiler]tldr: i feel greg & lego took the "bio-machines" of bionicle a bit too literally instead of figuratively[/spoiler]
>>
Are there any good bionicle discord servers?
>>
>>7272672
No.
>>
>>7272672
https://discord.gg/R9BdKTK
>>
DEEPEST LORE IS BEST LORE
>>
>>7273031
This, but unironically. Bionicle's lore is an absolute treat. Literally everyone fucking off from the skakdi is hilarious.
>>
File: IMG_3844.jpg (909 KB, 2512x3449)
909 KB
909 KB JPG
>>7272427
That actually belongs to a Bootleg I got from Five Below years ago. Other then the arnor shells and the torso pieces, they are pretty much indistinguishable from Lego CCBS.
>>
File: 6947-153297333.png (495 KB, 2631x1558)
495 KB
495 KB PNG
How's my model?
>>
File: IMG_9827.jpg (1.54 MB, 4032x3024)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>>7273954
Looks spot on, Anon. What's it for?

Also, I'm dumping more pictures.
>>
File: IMG_9829.jpg (1.43 MB, 4032x3024)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>7273994
>>
>>7271906
yeah other than that it's pretty neat looking
>>
>>7273994

Just practicing and creating stuff for the fun of it I guess, though I'm tempted to dump time into learning unwrapping, texturing, rigging and Unity just to make a small game and spite by gaslighting bastard of a brother.
>>
>>
>>7274103

That's not gunpla. It's the one that comes with the candy. G-Frame.
>>
>>>/bant/7057774
you can migrate bionicle threads to /bant/ if you guys want, we have been having bionicle discussions for a couple days now.

also I don't know if cross-board links are still working after the split so forgive me if that's a dead link
>>
>>7274165
We probably won't shift the general, but I'm happy to have shitposts as well as regular discussion, so thanks for the heads-up.
>>
they have downloaded the file
>>
why did those story serials give so much importance to characters who never even got sets like fucking helryx and arthaka were pretty much the top two good guys in the universe with huge story importance but never got toys
>>
>>7274611
Maybe Greg had more control with them, since they had no official products?
>>
Who is the best Bonkle girl and why?
>>
>>7274688
Hahli, more exactly Hahli Mahri.
>Best personality
>Best look
She is the best waifu choice. Too bad she suffers osteoporosis
>>
>>7274688
Gotta go with Hahli too. She’s the only water Tom that actually does anything. But Gali was a toa Nuva so she gets brownie points too
>>
>>7274688
Lariska
>>
File: 1509692135071.jpg (291 KB, 1400x720)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>
>>7275050
Edgy.
>>
>>7275218
What can I say? I like the pushy type.
>>
>>7275438
Lariska is more like a kid with AHDH that likes to go around with knifes, tho.
>>
>>7275451
Could be. Wasn't my impression of her, but it's been a loooooooooong time since I read the Piraka books.
Which were fucking golden. Hilarious change of pace, though I didn't mind the more wholesome heroics that came before. The Piraka took the dysfunctionality of the Toa Metru's early years and quadrupled it, and I thought that was fun as fuck.
>>
oh no no no no
>>
>>7274882
*crack*
>>
>>7276053
Would Von Nebula survive the snap?
>>
2016 is highly underrated
>>
>>7272537
Yet here we are talking about a story he wrote almost ten years later
>>
File: 20180911_231815 1.jpg (2.92 MB, 4032x3024)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB JPG
>>7271258

Some of the Rahi were cool but the dark hunters were hot fucking garbage. All of them.

I respect those kids for creativity but they knew nothing about actual functional MOCs. Because... well, they're kids.
>>
Brickfair hype anyone? 8 months to go
>>
>>7276135
The sets maybe. Fuck how they wrapped up the story though.
>>
File: 747984-306564399.png (114 KB, 550x376)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
The best thing about G2 was by far the free concept art pdf as it turned out. If I were good with 3D then I'd make a gallery in various sites and upload my stuff with a description about the shit LEGO pulled to us and /system/.
>>
>>7276053
>>7276059

"My joints doesn't feel so well."
>>
File: 1527264257374.gif (518 KB, 500x715)
518 KB
518 KB GIF
>>7276053
MORE BROWN AND BLACK PIECES
>>
>>7276053

Even fucking chink KO crap has more printing than overpriced "proper" LEGO...
>>
>>7271258
Could I just say it was stupid of them to use the Maori Mythology Names without sounding like a bleeding heart tosser?

It's like the angels in Evangelion. I don't really care if it offends people that it "misappropriates" someone's culture but if you're not gonna even bother to even allude to the original mythology it's just distracting.
>>
>>7279034
Apparently they did play around with the idea of lifting more elements from the "source material", see the tribal dances and the allusions to Papu and Rangi, but they scrapped those when the Maori began bitching. So the names were all that were left.
>>
>>7279034
>I don't really care if it offends people that it "misappropriates" someone's culture but if you're not gonna even bother to even allude to the original mythology it's just distracting.

Bionicle had a lot of allusions to Polynesian culture, not just the names. Aesthetics, music, worldbuilding, etc.
Plus, pretty much every fantasy rips off a real life culture to some degree, so it's nothing too out of the ordinary as far as world creation goes.
>>
>>7276053
>they added stud connections to the CCBS "paw" piece for the gauntlet
Bless the KO-mongers
>>
>>7279520
It's actually Lego sticky tape, cut into one stud sized bits. I just recently learned that that's a thing.
>>
File: 47310.png (173 KB, 300x254)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
To this day I'm still angry this was never made in silver.
>>
>>7276053
Is Spiderman holding onto his spinal chord through his knee cap?
>>
>>7279692
They had the perfect opportunity with Toa Norik, too.
>>
File: 1526513952030.jpg (19 KB, 261x244)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>7279692
>>7279941
I thought he had those in silver
>>
>>7280496
The ultimate cuck. Iruini has gold but Norik has silver nuva boobs
>>
>>7280613
Nidhiki is the real cuck since Iruini was supposed to be him.
>>
>>7280613
I guess it adds some nice variance between the two so that they aren't quite literal clones of each-other. Still a shame though, especially considering how common silver Nuva armour is.
>>
File: 51ER6F1N19L.jpg (33 KB, 500x496)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>7276053
Reminds of Mega Bloks' Tech Bots
>>
>>7280887
Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from that, but it still looks quite disappointing.
>>
>Parent's gave away all my lego
WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO NOW?
>>
>>7279232
Hell even SW used many maori stuff for the Mandalorians and Clone troopers. Granted of course that Temuera is a maori kiwi.
>>
>>7280919
Kill them?
Jokes aside, get to bricklink buyin'
>>
>>7273031
>>7273403
I'm itching for deep lore discussion ever since I read the entire chapter book compilation.

>As the passage widened again, Helryx saw more creatures. These obviously were Rahi beasts, but not like anything she’d seen before. They were short, pale bipeds, with large yellow eyes and spindly arms and legs. They backed away and moved to the side as she and her ally passed. But as soon as the two had moved on, they assembled into a group and followed close behind.
Anyone ever take a guess at what these were?
>>
File: Vakama_1.jpg (23 KB, 320x336)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
Watch out guys it's vakama oh god he's running towards ya you better watch out he's gonna wack you with his staff watch out oh god
>>
File: 1459135635811.png (479 KB, 657x654)
479 KB
479 KB PNG
>>7281258
>Even as a wise old sage, Vakama is still vehemently autistic to a nearly deranged degree
>>
>>7281258
Vakama is like canonically the worst leader right? If memory serves he gets through tough situations by using his powers creatively but fuck does his team get screwed over because of him a lot. Also as a kid I feel like the Toa Metru stuff went on FOREVER
>>
>>7281381
The Toa Metru are the only team that managed to at least halt Teridax endgame, so that makes them the best team.
If only Vakama didn't fire that goddamn rhotuka or they stayed in Metru Nui after their battle against the Makuta in first place...
>>
>>7281218
Which book/serial is it from? That might help us figure it out.
>>
Fuck G2
>>
File: 1544039140341.jpg (37 KB, 504x506)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>7281505
G2 was adequate
>>
>>7281395
Threatening to annihilate a physical law of reality barely qualifies as halting a villain's ascension into a god.
>>
>>7281461
It's from [spoiler]Destiny War[/spoiler]
>>
Just hand the company to the chinese already.
>>
>>
>>
>>7281545
Actually yes. Makuta was shitting himself to the point of making a truce with a Toa out of all beings in the Universe.
Also imprison him in the protodermis equivalent of epoxy resin for almost an entire millenia and taking away the means of accelerating (I am not entirely sure if this was the idea) his master plan twice qualifies as halting his plan.
>>
>>7281661
You got your times mixed up tho. Makuta was trapped for like one year and his pact with Vakama to stay away was the one that lasted 1000 years.
>>
>>7281684
So, one year between the events of 2004 and 2005, another one year truce and then 1000 years on Mata Nui with Makuta pissing the whole population off I suppose?
>>
>>7281258
If he can take on Rakshi with ease, who else can he take on?
>>
>>7281690
I think that's right.
>>
>>7281690
And then the rest after that also only happens within one year. Apparently.
>>
>>7281626
>>7281630
These look fucking sick. They've gotta be bootleged MOCs right?
>>
It's a pity they made Toa Dume and Nidhiki into Norik and Iruini, but at least we later got a proper mask for Nidhiki through Defilak. But then Greg went and made Mahri Nuparu's mask mold into Nidhiki's canon mask.
Can someone take a photo of Matau Metru wearing Defilak's mask?

>>7281753

I found them in AliExpress through google images while looking for a side pic of Maxilos's hau.
>>
File: kermit.jpg (53 KB, 600x649)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
You are tasked with making a Bionicle game or have the opportunity to make a fangame with Lego's approval. What would be your ideal game?
>Genre
>Setting (Gen 1 or 2? Location? Story period?)
>What is it about
>Any special/main feature

I have an idea but I am concerned if it is too much of a lorerape
>RPG/Hack and Slash
>Gen 1. Metru Nui, between the defeat of Makuta and the return of the Toa Metru
>The main sinopsis is that you are some kind of a renegade Toa "hired" by the Order into doing some tasks on the damaged city (rescuing characters and artifacts, help imprisoning criminals) and fighting enemies of different factions as everyone wants to rule after the power vacuum that the Great Cataclysm has left,that would include the beggining of the Visorak invasion and /trying/ to stop it. There would be both canon and non-canon (OC) characters as allies and enemies.
>Customization
>Miramax style
>Exploration by many means of transport(foot, those legged vehicles,chutes, Kikanalo and even flight if possible)
>Each Metru would provide different resources and services, while Ga Metru would be ideal to find "sacred" weapons (aka special weapons) Ta Metru is where you can forge armor, weapons and Kanoka disks that can be used as ammunition or to create masks
>Mask+Toa Tool+Elemental power combat. Depending on the mask and weapon equiped the abilities that you can use are different. For example if you have a two handed firearm or dual blasters ala Kongu you wouldn't generally be able to use Elemental power with it, meanwhile some masks have no use in a battle like the Kaukau or Rau but have other uses, and if you had a Hau and some swords you would be able to deal elemental damage by chanelling your power, melee damage and get a temporary protection due to the mask when active.
I want to learn some programming and/or modelling before try to get people to help to not be just another ideas guy. Maybe in some years I could try to do this ludicrous project
>>
>>7282558
Oh...a videogame.

Since I'm a fa/tg/uy I'm trying to create some sort of fork that incorporates Savage Worlds and that Lost Chronicles game. It's been interesting trying to determine what will stick and what won't.

It is nice, though, that I've been able to convert a surprising amount of stuff between the two without much fuss.
>>
>>7282558

>G2 with elements from G1
>Open world island of Okoto
>Dark Souls-esque mechanics
>The player is a ghoulish villager exiled after he fell to an unknown infection like others
>The infection is secretly spread by Kraata
>He increases his power by scavenging and taking parts from his defeated opponents
>Village (class) selection only affects starting location and colours
>Can find colour kits in the world
>Can find masks and krana that offer different abilities, including the golden masks of 2015
>Can have access to elemental powers by hunting elemental creatures and taking their crystals to a likewise infected blacksmith
>Upgraded enough, he/she can increase his/her physical stature
>Can't enter the villages
>Can find camps and abandoned settlements. Even explore the city of the mask makers
>>
>>7282616
cont.

>While the villagers are hiding behind their walls, the island has been invaded by pirates, bandits, and the undead
>There's also infected rahi, hostile infected people, rahkshi, and Umarak
>The rahkshi are much creepier and xenomorphic
>Umarak is a roaming random encounter boss who can be fought multiple times
>In lore, he is an ancient primordial personification of hunting and not as sentient as in the official media
>Eventually the player learns the truth about the infection after he defeats Umbra and Makuta appears like a talking darkfire
>Makuta has been trying to create a Shadow Toa to help bring him back to the world
>The player has come further than anyone else and can choose to either side with Makuta and become the Shadow Toa or tell Ekimu and fight Makuta in a co-op boss battle to end the infection
>Siding with either character gives you access to unique powers and gear
>DLC
>An infected with a vendetta sides with the player to hunt Umarak
>They track him down and find him hunting Vezon, who is wearing Brutaka's mask
>Stuff happens and the infected disappears with Umarak, leaving the player to try and kill Vezon for the loot
>After the player wins, Vezon teleports away and accidentally takes the player to a G1 side story
>The player returns after finding the top half of the Mask of Time and attempting to rewind time for himself back to before he was infected
>He ends up rewinding time for everyone but himself and returning back to Okoto roughly a little after he left
>>
>>7282558
Probably just a bigger, modern gen version of MNOG
>>
File: 494.png (186 KB, 540x343)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>>7282701
gib pls
>>
>>7282558

Do you have any drawing or painting skills?
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (1.75 MB, 5100x3300)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>7283311
Not that anon but I like to think I do...
>>
File: 485429235898.png (569 KB, 2937x641)
569 KB
569 KB PNG
I hope it won't look as bad when I wake up. I feel I've failed.
>>
>>7283421
Looks like super comfy PS2 graphics, anon.
>>
>>7283419

Blighttown concept art.

>>7283426

It's mostly the pic I used for texture I think.
>>
>>7283471
>Blighttown concept art
I actually drew that, anon
>>
>>7283505

That's...not what I meant.
>>
>>7283421
can i see the full pic you are basing the 3d model on?
>>
>>7283421
WOOOOOOOO
>>
File: Toa Nokama.png (805 KB, 800x1200)
805 KB
805 KB PNG
Here's a little something.
>>
File: IMG_20181210_190326578.jpg (2.16 MB, 2448x3264)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB JPG
>>
>>7283311
If drawing shitty basic drawings counts as skills yes. But nothing even half as good as >>7283419 or the movie concept art.

>>7283421
Looks very good. I like how are you basing it on the G2 concepts
>>
Are their any chances of bionicles coming back?

id pay so much money if i could just go to a store and buy some. but since they are discontinued they dont exist anymore.

i played with them so much as a kid now that im an adult id like to buy them myself and start a collection.

It makes me so sad.
>>
>>7283612
Damn, she is even thicker than Pohatu
>>
>>7283893

Dude what is this, a poem? Don't leave space after every single sentence.
Anyway, you can buy pieces of old sets on Bricklink.
>>
File: 976429235898.png (597 KB, 962x401)
597 KB
597 KB PNG
>>7283583

Sure thing. It's from the artwork pdf.
>>
Personally, I'm convinced that they'd give it another go in 2021
>>
>>7284162
I highly doubt it. Contraction is dead right now as a subtheme. The only viable buildable figs Lego has are licensed and system based(Minecraft), and every other venue they tried with CCBS was a dead end. HF slowly bled out as sales dipped, Ultrabuilds still clog up shelves all over the world, G2 was a massive flop to the point where year 3 never came to be. I'm pretty sure if they try Bionicle again it's System or bust.
>>
>>7284213
G2 was a flop because of marketing incompetence. And I am fairly sure that they sold way better than nuwars figures
>>
>>7281624
where do I buy this set?

>>
File: Sembo 11894 thmu.jpg (158 KB, 800x800)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>7281626
>>7281630
Some of that Chinese stuff looks downright gorgeous.
>>
>>7284216
Believe me I tgink so as well, but you gotta look at it from the company's perspective. The risk/reward factor of reviving Bionicle a third time as a Constraction theme but this time with more marketing I feel they would see as too dangerous to attempt. Modern Lego would rathe rplay it safe and keep the Contraction subtheme off the table for now. Hell, there aren't even any rival companies that I can think of that are doing constructable figures atm and making serious bank off of it. It's just not a thing like it was back in the 2000s.
>>
File: 11802.jpg (142 KB, 960x868)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>7284245
>>
File: 11886.jpg (395 KB, 797x1376)
395 KB
395 KB JPG
>>7284248
>>
File: 11830.jpg (299 KB, 859x1600)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
>>7284250
>>
>>7284213
>>7284247
You don't even think they'd do anything for the 20th anniversary?
>>
>>7284261
They did a mediocre job of the 40th anniversary minifig series. Half of them were just nobodies in costumes. No classic space, adventurers, or anything that would've been obvious. Just the Policeman, Rocket Racer, and the Castle dragon guy. So no, if they do anything at all, it'll be disappointing. Maybe put another gold MoCr in a polybag or some shit with some stickers. Or maybe just a post on their facebook page with dome blurb about the theme.
>>
Hey again, /toy/. I’m back with my 3D printed bionicle bootlegs. I’ve gotten some stuff right and some stuff wrong, right now I’m focused on getting a good model that I can use as a base for other figures and making a little packaged deal where you get a keychain with each purchase. The little black one in the back is a failed attempt at modifying the existing model but I screwed up the scale. Again, if anyone wants the current model for their own prints just ask and I’ll put it up. Next step for right now is going full bionicle bootleg and designing little helmets for them in place of masks

Thanks!
>>
File: ImgW.ashx.jpg (92 KB, 600x542)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>7284268
The 40th anniversary of Technic was also a complete embarrassment with the flagship model being one of the biggest laughing stocks in recent Lego history.
>>
>>7284307
What's wrong with this may I ask? As someone not too familiar with Technic models.
>>
File: 111.jpg (1.19 MB, 1298x1990)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>7284337
It's easier to list what's right with it which is more or less nothing.

>motor is underpowered for the model
>all-terrain tow truck that is nearly incapable of driving over an obstacle due to this
>can't steer for shit
>no real suspension and everything is just loose
>no truck bed which makes it looks like as if the model is missing at least one bag of parts
>flimsy lift arm
>wobbly doors and grille guard
>awful proportions for the car interior
>wrong bear

And much more - all this for the low, low price of 250 bucks.
>>
>>7284261
the line is dead dude. the won't do something just because a small group of fans still remember a line that died back in 2010 and failed to be viable enought a second time.
>>
>>7284261
>ten years of product
>failed reboot

What’s to celebrate? Everyone who liked bionicle by then will be 25-35. It’s not a guaranteed success so LEGO won’t risk it. Simple.
>>
>>7283894
Who would you like to see next? I thought about Gali or Hahli.
>>
>>7284478
Which Hahli?
>>
>>7284480
Matoran Hahli, to be honest.
>>
>>7284367
>>7284431
The only thing 'failure' of G2 was Lego failing to support and promote it. It was never given a fair shake to start with. It's pretty well documented they abandoned Bionicle to push their system big bangs like Ninjago and Nexo instead. Sweet mistress karma paid them back for it too. Ninjago Movie flopped hard and Nexo died fast.
>>
>>7284480
Mahri
Or make Thok and call him Thik
>>
>>7284489
You know what, I'm down
>>
>>7284489
>>7284566
NO, Lolitorans are for cute not for sexualizing and lewd
>>
>>7284495
Doesn't mean they'll admit to themselves they fucked up and give us something for the anniversary. Their hubris won't allow it. Lego is so out of touch nowadays. Fuck, Lego Island's 20th was earlier this year and they didn't even mention it at all.
>>7284356
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>7284684
Matoran aren't children they're just diminutive.

̶a̶l̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶d̶r̶u̶t̶h̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶I̶'̶d̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶w̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶w̶a̶r̶f̶
>>
>>7284728
>strikethrough
how do you do that?
>>
File: Hahli.png (298 KB, 900x1000)
298 KB
298 KB PNG
>>7284728
I tried to not go for that. Just a bit of width in her hips.
>>
i just hope we'll see an acutaly interesting constraction line next time and none of that hero factory or g2 crap.
>>
>>7284728
Neither are the animu dragons that are thousands of years old but still look like little girls, but the term still fits.
>>
What if they bring back bionicle one last time and the island of mata nui looks like this so LEGO can relate to the kids these days.
>>
>>7285230
At that point you might as well go full Boneheads of Voodoo Island
>>
>>7283612
>>7285185
Nice work.
>>
File: 1520184014369.jpg (108 KB, 750x742)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>7284261
>>7284268
>>7284307
>Lego celebrates 20th aniversary of Bionicle
>They release Stars 2.0
>>
File: 1543076428520.png (16 KB, 200x300)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>7285185
C U T E
>>
>>7285470
But imagine if they were good. Fully articulated re-imaginings of an important character from each line.
Imagine...
>>
>>7285848
With the current state of Lego that's a lot of imagination
>>
File: hueylew.png (1.04 MB, 800x600)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>
>>7285046
I just googled "strikethrough text" and found a generator
>>
>>7285848
Imagine getting fully articulated Toa Nuva but only getting Tahu and Takanuva
>>
File: yeah no.gif (1.4 MB, 480x270)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB GIF
>>7284684
>>
>>7285470
>Lego does political correctness Minifigure line, representing all segments of society
>the drooling special needs kid Minifig is wearing a Bionicle shirt
>also, the logo on the shirt is the G2 one

There's your 20th anniversary recognition. Can't think of Lego doing anything more.
>>
>>7286303
DELET THIS
>>
File: armchair.jpg (12 KB, 190x190)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>7286303
>the drooling special needs kid Minifig
You mean this one?
>>
>>7285852
I spend a lot of time on /tg/ and I'm an autistic manchild. I got more imagination than I could ever use.
>>7286243
Oh no.
>>
>>7286801
Oh yeah thet's right he's a tranny now.
>>
>>7286839
kek, why are there so many tranny degenerates in this fandom? 99% of Maskposting is trans, Aarnchair, Demitsoru, GK, etc.
>>
>>7286801
>”Honey, where are my pants?”
>>
File: 785669-224207873.png (28 KB, 739x801)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>7285852
>>7285848
>>7285470

We have asses. We can make our own shit, like maskmaker anon or the one with the little robots. It's either that or waiting for hell to freeze over.
Speaking of shit, Master Tahu's mask has shitty topology. It looks like the designer boolean'd three or four meshes together.
>>
>>7286877
Armchair is a tranny?
Anyway I'd say the reason is BZP as it is filled with Biosoy from what I have seen in previous threads.
>>
Just give the bionicle rights to fucking Hasbro, they wont be construction anymore but at least will have a decent budget, LEGO cant even fucking keep their 3 year promise. Also we can have a 30+ years franchise like transformers
>>
>>7287223
You just know they'd run it into the ground. It'd be nice though.
>>
>>7287223
Have you seen the shitty 9 bucks SW toys? No thanks.
>>
>>7287223
>5poa
>bad quality
>hollow shit
>screen inaccuracy to the point of fraud
>high prices
>MAGA Onua would get recalled

Hasbro can get fucked with a lit torch.
>>
>>7286877
>why are there so many tranny degenerates in this fandom
Because being trans is trendy. It's a way to gain free oppression points especially if you're white.
This is the first I'm hearing about GK though.
>>
>>7287513
>MAGA Onua
Been gone for a while. Is this some new meme?
>>
Thanks for ruing this thread too assholes
>>
>>7287485

Not him but I'd like to add that Disney's designs aren't making the toyline any favours. Btw unrelated, Dark Helmet's design in Spaceballs parodies Mickey Mouse. It's ironic that years later the Mouse bought SW (and made a mockery out of it).
>>
>>7287600

Supposedly a Jazz toy had MAGA written on it's doors in cybertronian. The toys were recalled and the guy responsible fired.
>>
File: 1529804163210.png (376 KB, 1024x676)
376 KB
376 KB PNG
>>7287610
Ebin
>>
>>7286877
>GK
>Tranny

I mean, he's 100% degenerate, but he's definitely not a tranny. Drawing dicks on chicks does not a queer make.
>>
>>7287601
Ruined how?
>>
File: 465464577.gif (3.77 MB, 500x473)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB GIF
>>7286877
>>7287585
>>7287662
>>
>>7283799
ew
>>
>>7287585
maskposting is only trans because the admin has a fetish lol
>>
>>7286877
>>7287585
>>7286877

Didn't know I was excepted to mention my preferred pronouns every time I post something, thought you guys hated that, I'm not particularly a fan of such practice either. Or one of you is just attempting to stir some absolutely pointless drama, sorry you won't get it.

Also don't except a reply, pretty burned out with bionicle for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>7287753
Maybe it's a typo or something
>>
>>7287753
That was me, just fucking around to see if you, GK still lurked since crop poster is gone.
>>
File: JazzFeature.jpg (48 KB, 835x260)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>7287610
>Supposedly
It was real.
>>
>>7287753

Not them but I'd like to say that as much as I'm against gays and trannies, if you're not obnoxious about it then I'm not going to give you shit about it.
Speaking of, I wonder what happened to Pomatoranon. I liked how the desert backgrounds matched the mocs.

>>7287788

Why Jazz of all people? And how would people had reacted if it were Prowl instead?
>>
>>7287223
I say Bandai
>>
>>7288551
Why would you be against gays anyway? What are you—14? Retarded? Hardcore religious?
>>
>>7288640
Stop derailing, fuckass.
>>
>>7288633
Holy hell that's a good-looking MOC
>>
>>7288640
Considering where we are it could be all 3
>>
>>7288551
>Why Jazz of all people?
He's both a black guy and white, if you include his decals then he's even got the colors of the Murican flag, plus he's a high-ranking official, so you could spin it a bunch of different ways.

I wonder though if this is why many places sell this particular fig for relatively cheap. Or maybe the toy just sucks, and they can't sell it otherwise.
>>
>>7288633
wow
>>
File: solek.png (627 KB, 617x600)
627 KB
627 KB PNG
>>
>>7289067
Basedonicle
>>
So has anyone tried sending feedback to LEGO? Both for sets and the handling of the franchise.
>>
>>7284113
MAAAAAAAAAAAN, these are so awesome!
Coming to think of it, if Lego decided to capitalize on nostalgia and adult collectors (possibly making an entire Geedubs-like branch) and hired a shit ton of competent writers so much could be done with the more serious tone of the story. Oh well, at least I still got my old pieces in a bin.
Too bad I moved to another town and have a horrible, barely containable desire to whip up something from said pieces.
>>
File: KopakaBana-1755731776.jpg (390 KB, 1305x923)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
>>7289368

If only you knew how good things were intended to be. Though I'm woefully inadequete, I could try and help make some assets. However I have issues with spatial ability and can't eyeball proportions, so I'd need a drawfag slave to draw proportional references for me.
>>
>>7289473
Well, we could always just temporarily migrate to /tg/ and make a collective quest with several characters and agree on a story beforehand
Would keep my sanity from slipping while I write my course papers
>>
>>7289509
Quests were relegated to /qst/, unfortunately.
>>
File: 1446845985070.jpg (11 KB, 446x283)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>7289529
Boy am I out of the loop
Though I still stand by opinion that we should assemble all the /biog/uys for an adventure of epic proportions
>>
>>7289540
Oh I'd absolutely be down for a bionicle tabletop. That sounds like heaven. Wholesome problem-solving pre-cataclysm adventures sound kino.
>>
>Voya Nui, antidermis chamber
>The Toa Nuva face off against the Piraka and lose after a firce battle
>The Piraka carry their broken enemies away
>Cries of pain and evil laughter can be heard offscreen
>A green portal opens
>"Hey Rick, that looks like portal fluid."
>"That's because it IS portal fluid, Mo*oooo*rty."
>Rick starts filling canisters with antidermis
>He hands a canister to Morty
>"Don't dr*oooo*p it."
>Rick accidentally drops a canister
>"See? That's what you shouldn't do."
>He doesn't notice that the canister is cracked and leaking
>Morty is worried by the screams
>"Right, time to go."
>"Umm, Rick? They sound like they're in an awful lot of pain." says Morty, who feels they should help the Nuva
>"Yeah, they sound like they won't last long. Let's go before we run out of diversion."
>Beepoobeepoobeepoobeepoo...(R&M intro theme)
>Rick and Morty teleport from dimension to dimension through the intro, unknowingly leaking antidermis here and there
>The Makuta now has a presence in multiple dimensions
>He strikes a bargain with villains such as Aku, bringing them all together with Brutaka's mask
>They help eachother enslave their corresponding worlds
>The pastel horses use their portal to the human world to bring someone over to help them
>The player character
>The player character falls into protodermis, opens the Matrix of Leadership, gets zapped by the Ignika, gets bitten by a radioactive donkey and flung back to the future's past where he catches a midichlorean infection when a Bara Magnan surgeon puts some Glatorian cybernetics in him
>Finally ready, the player character travels from dimension to dimension and frees them Serious Sam-style
>In the end it is revealed that the Makuta wanted to take over so as to prevent the Mouse from doing so
>The sequel is about fighting Richie Rat and his harem of evil princesses
>>
>>7289550
okay WHAT
That's some Tzeentchian shit right here
>>7289542
Pre-cattaclysm slice-of-lifeish adventure set either on Metru Nui or somewhere else really populated for maximum shenanigans. Actually sounds like a REALLY fun time.
Who gon DM this trainwreck tho
>>
>>7289568

I like humour through absurdity and Super Robot Wars style crossovers.
>>
>>7289578
I will admit that the main character rushing in through the portal while "YOU GOT THE TOUCH" is blasting in the background is kinda awesome
>>
>>7289550
This is quite possibly the worst thing I've ever read. I'm sorry.
>>
>>7289550
>Makuta breaks the internet
>>
>>7289542
>>7289568
If someone ever opens up the offer lemme know. It would be really fun to do something like that with people who are also bonkle nerds
>>
>Kanoka pistol
>Nyhrak rifle
>Stud minigun
>Kordak rocket launcher
>No Hero Mode

>>7289793

I'll never top Greg's Takanuva killing an army of his alternate selves in their sleep. Even at my grimdarkest I thought that was bad. Btw you should watch Skulheadface.
>>
File: greg.jpg (46 KB, 427x640)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>7289550
>Didn't include Vezon hopping dimensions with them
0/10 Not canon
>>
>Setting: Metru-Nui or Xia, dependeing on how grimdark we're going
>A melting pot of trade and conflicting interests, after the Toa-Dark Hunter war, so Teridax already has his super sneaky plan and Dark Hunters are doing their thing on the outskirts of the city
>Player characters are an unfortunate posse of literally whos who do odd jobs for the archivists, traders and what not, since the Dark Hunters are basically outlawed but certain people still need somebody to get shit done.
>The entire pont of the campaign is to uncover the fact that "OH GEE THESE MAKUTA FELLERS SURE ARE EVIL". Or not. Maybe we should work on the characters first
That seems like more of a campaign-friendly idea to me, honestly
>>
Are there any fa/tg/uys lurking to help with finding a system for a campaign? (and possibly explaining it since I know jack about this stuff)
Alternatively, we could just create a thread and ask them
>>
>>7288640
Molested/raped by fags as a child I think that's a good enough reason cunt.
>>
>>7289868
Oh god, I forgot all about evil Takanuva.
>>
>>7280613
The chad Iruini vs the virgin norik
>>
>>7290112
>The virgin Norik
>Barely has new pieces, could be perfectly assembled with sets prior to him without changing the colours too much
>Silver, second tier metal, more so in the Matoran Universe
>Toalet compared to other similar builds, exercises legs and chest to compensate and barely lost height when becoming a Rahaga
>Has to be the leader because of insecurities

>The Cha(hgah)d Iruni
>Sick ass new mask mold and recolored pieces like the staff and chest armor.
>Glorious oldschool gold, classy and heroic. Only the greatest are clad in this colour.
>Doesn't need to bulk like certain insecure axe wielding agent of Mata Nui. His sleek and tall physique is so great that entire populations of Ga-Matorans (and Toa) wet themselves on his presence.
>Doesn't need to command the Toa Hagah as he already knows he is fucking great.
>>
Low poly Taka-taka mask and tool.
>>
>>7289868
>I'll never top Greg's Takanuva killing an army of his alternate selves in their sleep. Even at my grimdarkest I thought that was bad.
I thought either Tobduk or Alternate Teridax did that
>>
>>7289894
I mean, I was already trying to do so for a while.

Savage Worlds looks really promising, and it works well for incorporating elements of Lost Chronicles in there.
>>
File: krakenskull-224207873.png (373 KB, 1223x720)
373 KB
373 KB PNG
Quick Krakenskull helmet.
>>
>>7290290
Boi if you make an actually accurate moup in the villager scale and put it on shapeways I will suck you dry. In spirit, of course.
>>
>>7290322
Really? Browsing through it now and it really does seem like a more normie-friendly tabletop than D&D or Pathfinder, which is awesome. How was your progress on this?
Also, I've decided to scout /tg/'s archives and they actually were trying to make a Bonkle homebrew. Reading through it now.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RmGLUBNkpkZf-Nl-rQRh_0kMiTuynB22ZNhbuQcV_rA/edit
>>
>>7286839
Lolwut? Aanchir is a crossdresser now? I’ve been out of the fandom only for a year, and this shit happens. Holy moly.
_______
What’s it with these toy hobbies and community celebs inevitably becoming trannies/getting into bestiality and SJW stuff? The same stuff is going on with the TF anglosphere community.
>>
>>7290460
Autism is a thing quite common in the toy hobby. Not even taking the piss, it just is. And I've noticed autistic people tend to make these big shifts in their personality/lifestyle either because their tendancy to overobsess with shit, or their want to fit in more. If someone says they found out they like Gali and later found out they're trans, someone like armchair reads that and immediately thinks "ah yes I must be a woman".
>>
>>7290423
I'm one of the autists who buys sets for pieces, I don't even order individual parts. I bought that Nexo Knight set just for Krakenskull. I'm pretty sure he goes for around $10 now, and I hope LEGO brings back that helmet in another set.
>>
File: behold my mighty steed.jpg (496 KB, 1473x1151)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
Man do I miss my parts back at home
Also post mocs
>>
File: moup780847564.jpg (329 KB, 1363x650)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>7290451

Sorry guy but my skills aren't up to the task. Plus the MoUP concept art has such better designs.
>>
>>7290463

Perhaps interest in toys is indicative of developmental issues.

>>7290469

Can you post a front and side pic?
>>
Enough 3D for today. Tomorrow I'll be making the Master Hau.
>>
>>7290493
I think these are better in emphasizing a six element motif but the JtO design is so much more badass imo. The skull motif with the gigantic crownlike spikes and the six segmented crest are so cool to me.
>tfw we will never get a moup with six trans bits ala infinity gauntlet to collect and complete
>>
>>7290590
>yfw G2 came out too early to capitalize on the "collect colorful things on a gold MacGuffin" craze
>>
>>7290638

The current gold is so hideous. From hue to mixing. I recently got a golden mata head and it's really different from my gold CCBS parts.
>>
File: Shadow Toa.png (1.4 MB, 1345x751)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
This shit is Bionicle as FUCK.
>>
File: y6nwhqxg4ig11.jpg (22 KB, 500x443)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>7290455
I haven't made too much progress (I just started a month ago), but I did work out several things:

>You can easily replace the benny system with the UDD one from Lost Chronicles without too much fuss.
>I'll need to balance out races.
>Different magic systems: Kanohi use is more like a superpower, Elemental/Toa energy is more like an arcane background

I wouldn't mind help naming the setting though. The working title is "Realm of the Great Spirit", since it's going to be very focused on pre-Cataclysm stuff.
>>
>>7281684
actually the truce was for one year only but it took 1000 years for toa mata to actually get to the island so Makuta really couldn't do anything too drastic to matoran without killing them in the meanwhile
>>
If I could draw, I'd draw the Mouse dressed as Vader fistbumping Lloyd over the corpse of G2 Tahu with a bloody "MURDERERS" written over them. Then I'd circulate it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.